[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (27 KB, 686x386)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
I remember getting Chrono Trigger for my 12th birthday. The first ending I got was this one, where Chrono and Marle float away on some balloons romantically embracing one another. I was starting to really notice girls and watching this was downright PAINFUL to me for some reason. My first ever "TFW no GF" moment.
>>
File: mm2.jpg (87 KB, 512x512)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
mega man 2 ending is the first time i remember feels. nes endings almost always were one screen of engrish, so it was surprising. it also took me a long time to beat it as a small child so it felt quite rewarding.
>>
File: red-wings-theme.png (524 KB, 756x640)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>
File: r2endsnippet.png (134 KB, 630x136)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
Rendering Ranger R2 ending is very classy. Makes the game feel a lot more significant, or rather, it helps put into perspective how significant games are by comparing them to more traditional media.

R-Type 3 intro is still probably the best shmup intro I've ever seen. I'm definitely stealing that shit if I ever make a game. Always gets me pumped.

Undeadline boss fights. The theme is really fucking menacing and the bosses in this game are tough enough to fit it.

Stuff that got me as a kid: Landstalker intro, Rayforce stage 1, Alys dying in psiv, the fucking donpachi announcer lol, playing megaman x6 after 4 and 5 (the emotional reaction was anger)
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
I remember the Super Mario Bros 3 ending filling me with a deep sense of melancholy as a kid. I had just beaten this huge, epic game that thrilled me from beginning to end...and it was now over.
>>
>>11251667
>R-Type 3 intro is still probably the best shmup intro I've ever seen
Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX36qhHLcnk
>>
>>11251472
I fucking hated mortal Kombat as a smol child and even as I got older. It wasnt until I was like 13 that I started not rage quiting fightan games.
>>
>>11252464
Thread's about trigger stuff and metal black never really got anything out of me, so I didn't post it.

But it's an amazing game. Stage 2 is impeccable in particular with its music syncs and boss. Good post anon.
>>
going back to moonbrook castle after beating dragon warrior 2
>>
Beating Resident Evil for the first time. It was the first time I played a video game that made me feel something other than sheer fun

>>11252521
What happens?
>>
>>11252646
The dead king's soul is healed and you watch him move on to the afterlife, as much as the Princess wishes he wouldn't.
>>
File: Tails is dead.png (65 KB, 619x336)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>11251472
>>
>>11251472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg436XK4D3g
i remember stepping outside the dome and being so shocked. the dead landscape, the dust in the wind, the echos of the great bell, god damn. the atmosphere was heavy and strange, it's unlike anything you'd seen before. i love how it's so drab compared to the magic fantasy elements of the other time periods, it's almost like the game itself has changed as an effect of lavos. fantastic stuff
>>
>>11253679
>i remember stepping outside the dome and being so shocked.
I had that feeling like 5 times in Chrono Trigger
>>
File: Couscous_%28Scan%29.jpg (140 KB, 1000x827)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
EZ. Got it for my birthday and played it during vacation in florida with the sliding glass door open so I could feel the seabreeze.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R719YsMeoK8
>>
>>11253679
Yeah I had a similar reaction. It's such a miserable, melancholy environment. Plus SNES "wind sfx" are really pleasing to the ear
>>
>>11253679
I remember really feeling for the people at the Arris Dome. Also being legit shocked at what was going on in the Geno dome.
>>
>>11251472
Idk why but the ending of DQIV really got me
I've played almost all the games, I still think it's my favorite
>>
File: clarity.png (9 KB, 320x200)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>11251472

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.