[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fpjynygusvt91.jpg (128 KB, 768x1024)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
picrel was at dave and buster's. you aimed your token by moving the coin slot. on this particular unit, holding it all the way to the left or right gave you the max number of tickets each time. i did this until i had enough tickets to get a spiderman ps2 game (this was the only arcade i ever went to that actually had awesome prizes). the next day i took it to target and asked to swap it out for a different game. i didnt have a receipt obviously, but the clerk obliged because it was still shrink wrapped and i wasnt asking for a cash refund. so i got mortal kombat deadly alliance instead.
>>
>Preorder Roller Coaster Tycoon world on steam
>Doesn't really work
>Modern atari has too many shills making shit unhelpful
>Refund game
>Enough to get a Saturn
>Have fun with Saturn and games
>>
>>11251774
Cereal boxes

Got
>Age of Empires
>Backyard Baseball
>Carmen Sandiego
>Timon and Pumbaas Jungle Games
>Monopoly/Monopoly JR
>Rollercoaster Tycoon
>Tonka Construction
>>
>>11252203
based, dude. I only remember getting RCT and Tonka
>>
>>11252203
i got a copy of Metroid 2 for my GB in a similar way, by sending in thousands of koolaid points
>>
>>11251774
older brother won a copy of the GameCube Beyblade game at an official Beyblade tournament
>>
>>11252203
There was some waverace style game I remember getting from a cereal box. I forgot what its name was but I remember playing it often.
>>
>>11251774
I made a drawing as a kid and sent it to a tv-show. Pretty embarrassing because I was already 11-12 at the time. Too old to be sending drawings to a kid's show anyway. I won, lel. Got a copy of DKC3 and they showed my drawing on television.
With crayons, I coloured it in and everything. I couldn't make it look too good because that would've been suspicious. All is fair in love and war. I wanted the game.
>>
File: ChexQuest.jpg (1.94 MB, 2005x1987)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>11252203
No Chex?
>>
>>11252321
Does he use that line to pick up the ladies?
>>
>>11251774
It reminds me of something in 2002 where Walmart had a system where if you didn't like a game, you could swap it for a game of equal value. No receipt required. So people found out that Walmart was selling Beach Spikers for the Gamecube at full price, but other stores were selling it for 20. That meant you could functionally get any game from Walmart for 20 bucks.

They ended that program pretty quick once word started spreading.
>>
>>11252387
Based.
>>
>>11251774
i remember this fucking coin slot game. this one and SMOKIN' TOKEN were all over the place in the arcade at the GSR (formerly known as the Hilton) in Reno, NV.
>>
I came close to winning a copy of NWC1990 at a game convention in the late 90s/early 00s that held it's own NWC tournament and the winner got the cartridge it was played on. Ended up getting 3rd place, so only got a years worth of rentals from Hollywood Video.
>>
>>11252375
too young
>>
>>11252327
iirc mobygames has a list of released cereal box games
>>
>>11252375
This game was so absurdly soulful. The gameplay itself almost let down the lore.
>>
>>11251774
I have very vague memories of this, but some cereal company was running an online contest to win free PS2 games back in 2002 and some guy on the IGN Boards found a way to exploit whatever system they were using and posted it for everyone and I ended up "winning" six or seven free copies of Hot Shots Golf 3. I was too young and dumb to pull off a return scam at 13 years old so I think I took all of them to EB Games and they gave me whatever the trade in value was for used copies.
>>
>>11254671
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0DZ47Fd5Js
Whoever made this track was clearly loving life
>>
>mom makes me go to this kid's house for the afternoon
>we'd hung out once or twice but weren't really friends, he was really annoying
>i'm basically being babysat
>we're upstairs in his bedroom
>see he's got a bunch of cool n64 games
>I swipe a few of his games and stuff them in my backpack
>he confronts me later
>"Did you take my games, Anon?"
>no way fag
>he starts running for the stairs, says he's gonna tell his mom on me
>I push him when he reaches the top of the stairs
>he tumbles down them, hitting every step (it was super fucking loud)
>bursts into treats when he hits the bottom
>his mom runs in
>she keeps asking him what happened but he's too busy ugly-crying to answer her
>he keeps pointing at me instead
>I just tell her he fell
>he starts crying harder when she believes me
>learn later that he broke his arm
that was how I got Majora's Mask and Donkey Kong 64, but back then the only one I beat was DK
>>
>>11256574
Alarming behavior.
>>
File: 1634818870493.png (408 KB, 671x463)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
>>11256574
>>
>>11256574
You sound like an upstanding white male
>>
>>11256574
You sound like a lying thieving jew.
>>
>>11256574
Anon claims this is what happened, but Slylock Fox has reason to believe otherwise. Can you figure out why he doesn't believe this story is true?
>>
>>11256574
Are you black, I presume?
>>
I got a copy of Tetris on gameboy for touching a turd.
>>
>>11251774
I got Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness through a Kids WB sweepstakes. It was a low-level win, but I can’t help but think about CWC’s infamous beginning when I look back.

>All I had to do was watch the Pokemon…cartoon
>And I just won!
>>
>>11254662
I was thinking of Jet Moto which im starting to think I never got from a cereal box but I remember it was in some paper sleeve so I guess my father just had a bootleg copy of it.
>>
>>11252790
Not a bad consolation prize though.
>>
>>11257289
>>11257617
>>11257621
>>11258132
Whitey mad. I take what I want bitch
>>
File: 1719653785038686.png (187 KB, 269x371)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>11251774
Our movie theatre used to have an arcade in it, and one time after a movie my friend and I were playing House of the Dead while his brother was wasting his time and money on a Stacker machine. Of course, he didn't win anything. Before we left, I threw in some money for one play, and I actually won. His brother stopped right before the machine was ready to payout.

This is how I got Tekken 4, and we platyed the shit out of that game.
>>
>>11251774
Cheap games bin at store in my village. Randomly had a Tom and Jerry fighting game which was mediocre, but also had Rainbow Six Rogue Spear.
>>
>>11256574
Cool Story Bro
>>
>>11252203
I remember getting one of those Nickelodeon mini games in a box of Cheese Nips as a kid. It was Hey Arnold I think
>>
>>11256574
Instant Classic.
>>
>>11256574
The worst part of this story is beating DK and not MM
>>
>>11260276
I absolutely despise Stacker. So many bad memories. I would get to the top and the thing was rigged. I had perfect timing but the machine would move the blocks even if I had it right.
>>
>>11251774
I stole a Pokémon Red cart from a kid at school. Still have it to this day. Im sorry Thomas.
>>
>>11260221
Too bad you don't take paychecks.
>>
>>11262635
You should seek him out and give it back. I pissed in a kids backpack on a dare, the victim wasn't privy. Until I got busted the next day. I apologized In Person after apologizing on facebook a decade ago. We are not real friends or anything, after that but it was a page turned.
>>
>>11252375
I got Chex Quest from cereal. Still have the CD somewhere
>>
I sold my bike to buy starfox on snes. In my defense I had outgrown it. Also in my defense it was worth it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.