[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Undertale_Yellow_KeyArt.png (704 KB, 1000x1333)
704 KB
704 KB PNG
Opinions on Undertale Yellow? It's an Undertale fangame that released in December, and has been in development for almost as long as Undertale has been out.
>>
File: alphys.jpg (69 KB, 900x921)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3352913
yellow lizard riot
>>
>>3353209
I was upset when I found out that in the original game there is no way to kill her
>>
>>3352913
It's been alright so far but I haven't beaten it yet.
>>
>>3352913
Does the flower follow you around like Pikachu in this version?
>>
>>3354210
Flowey acts as your save points since Clover is supposed to be pretty weak, other than that he's a boss in one of the endings.
>>
File: 1703970691286946.jpg (749 KB, 2560x4096)
749 KB
749 KB JPG
if no one minds, I could also post progress on my fangame here
>>
>>3356295
As long as you're fine with it being much quieter. It'd be nice to have a longer lasting archive of your progress.
>>
File: F6K7r0FbsAAW2ty.png (320 KB, 828x822)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>3356302
exactly. I don't want to disrupt clearly slower boards and I plan on posting substantial progress instead of small things
>>
>>3356317
Cool hope to see progress soon.
>>
File: UTYS1.webm (3.02 MB, 1204x900)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB WEBM
>>3358802
I'm still setting up the game's main systems, once that's done I'll start showing some cool stuff. I just finished the first pass on the dialogue
>>
>>3359045
ITS THE TIMES NEW ROMAN SKELTON!
I CLAPPED!
>>
File: cxb8th83qgy81.jpg (88 KB, 1360x1080)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>3352913
Why the fuck do people play this fan fiction tier trash
>>
>>3359111
>fan fiction tier
Are you completely unaware of what those words mean
No shit you fucking retard
>>
>>3359045
can i fuck that fox girl
>>
>>3359045
Can you fuck the fox girl
>>
>>3359228
>>3359045
Undertale is just furry-bait and I don't understand why people pretend it's not.
>>
>>3359111
Because it ironically isn't fan-fiction tier unlike most UT-related projects
Even if it's fanfiction
>>
Why he or she or they/them wearing cowboy hat and suit? It's like in an episode of Futurama, where they flew to the edge of the Universe and saw their doubles in a cowboy outfit.
>>
File: 1703510341289170.png (438 KB, 705x884)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>3359363
Because that was the yellow soul's equipment piece in base UT, the cowboy hat and empty gun
They rolled with it and made most of the game cowboy themed with some weeb flavouring
>>
>>3359424
This is idiocy. Instead of coming up with something of their own and original, people take a piece of crap and dance around it
>>
File: 1702362219391342.png (7 KB, 800x600)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3359438
>extrapolating and building upon an idea is dancing around crap
Coming up with their own material is one of the things the game really doesn't slouch on, unlike most other fangames most of the cast and locations are original and the funny meme skeletons are nowhere in sight for once
It's not like the game doesn't have its problems because it does, but really you're picking the weirdest and least offensive thing about it to fixate on
>>
>>3359462
I agree with you in spirit, but as a whole you basically justify parasitism. It's still a furry bait game, which takes a minor element of the game and pushes it to the extreme. Undertale doesn't even have visuals, so I didn't remember the cowboy costume. But I remembered old tutu. Is this a reason for a separate fan game?
>>
>>3352913
what do u think goes through the mind of a person who has spent years of their life, which they will never get back, on a game that's not even their own?
>>
>>3359510
Toby doesn't have his own game either, he just copied Earthbound, Final Fantasy, all that shit
>>
File: 1703731894909622.png (360 KB, 678x1178)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>3359505
are you just mad because you don't like Undertale? what the fuck is wrong with you
>Undertale deosn't even have visuals
what in the fuck are you talking about? You can see the main fucking character
>>
>>3359523
>what in the fuck are you talking about? You can see the main fucking character
I mean, we don't see what he's wearing. He'll wear the same stuff no matter what you find
>>
>>3359527
Undertale Yellow's Clover also has custom gear that you equip in the adventure that isn't reflected in the character model just like Undertale, the only difference is that Clover is obviously a cowboy kid so they have wild west clothing
>>
>>3359523
>are you just mad because you don't like Undertale?
I don't like injustice. Why is it that when Yanderedev plays a game for fetishists, he is a “smelly incel, lazy plagiarist”. But when Toby does the same things for furries - he's a fucking saint for some reason.
Fallout 1-2 don't brag about the possibility to complete the game without killing (well, almost without killing)
Undertale and Deltarune much more primitive than classic fallout, but have less content than Fallout 3. This is absurd.
>>
File: tobyfox.gif (3.27 MB, 584x640)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB GIF
>>3359536
>But when Toby does the same things for furries - he's a fucking saint for some reason
genuinely, what the fuck are you talking about

First off, Undertale's designs are barely "furbait", most of them are weirdos who barely look attractive. but that's not even the fucking point

The main point is that Undertale and Deltarune are good fucking games while Yandere Simulator is a steaming pile of hot shit that isn't even done. They have good writing, characters, gameplay and pacing that are well designed plus it has amazing music. It's why people like those games. Of course there are people who want to fuck the characters but that's true to any piece of media with a large enough audience.

>Undertale and Deltarune much more primitive than classic fallout, but have less content than Fallout 3. This is absurd.
Does Toby Fox and Temmie look like a professional 100+ person game studio with millions of dollars in budget to you? Are you fucking stupid? Do you hold every single videogame that exists to the same standards? Do you not understand what budget means?
On your point about Fallout. Yes, if you're insane enough there are a lot of games, especially classic CRPGs where you can finish the entire game without killing anyone. That is not the point or the focus of those games however. Most of them don't react to that or have special mechanics meant for that sort of challenge. It's like saying that Grand Theft Auto is just like Metal Gear Solid because you can do a challenge run in GTA where you never get found by enemies just because both games have stealth and let you use guns. UT/DR's *main focus* is on player responsibility through their actions in working hard to spare enemies in order to give them a chance or understand their plight, that's the whole point of the fucking story. The game reacts to it accordingly and deviating from it in numerous ways generates different responses.

God you people are fucking unreasonable. I'm so fucking tired.
>>
>>3359547
>First off, Undertale's designs are barely "furbait"
Are u kidding me? Most characters either furries or robots (robo-fuckers is close to furries)
>The main point is that Undertale and Deltarune are good fucking games
No, they don't.
>Does Toby Fox and Temmie look like a professional 100+ person game studio with millions of dollars in budget to you?
No, but he made money on the first game, but the second one still sucks in terms of quality. The budget does not seem to have increased, nor has the quality of writing. The second game is AGAIN about how the hero matches two lesbians. But in the first he had a choice, in the second he has no choice.
>>
File: file.png (1.5 MB, 1504x816)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>3359550
>Are u kidding me? Most characters either furries or robots (robo-fuckers is close to furries)
I say this as an actual furfag. You have no idea what an actual horny furfag design would look like if it hit you in the face. Do you get pissy everytime you see a non human? The whole point of the game is about monsters of course some of them are animals.
>No, they don't.
You stupid fucking idiot you can't just "nuh huh" a 90+ critically acclaimed game in Metacritic. Or you're baiting and I'm the stupid one in which case I'll admit you are indeed smart and I'm falling like a duck
>No, but he [...] not seem to have increased
Deltarune started development ages ago even before Undertale and when he began developing chapter 1 he still had a small single digits team. He's also not a professional game developer by any means and why the fuck would he invest thousands or millions in budget for a game with pixel art aesthetics that he can easily make with a much tighter budget and crew? Also, he DID announce in a newsletter that he has hired a bunch of new people including a producer. The budget definitely has increased but it's still kept in a reasonable scope since that's how shit should fucking work, he WANTS to make a SNES JRPG inspired by his childhood games and by god's willing grace he will fucking do it. Investing all the money you have made in your game is beyond fucking stupid and no one does that.
>nor has the quality of writing.
>The second game is AGAIN about how the hero matches two lesbians. But in the first he had a choice, in the second he has no choice.
This is literally your opinion and taste on the story and how you are mad that it's doing something you don't like because you're a chud. Everyone else in the fucking planet who's worth a shit disagrees and you can read online why. I apologize if this sounds rude but you need to get your head out of your ass and get out of this thread if you're gonna be this much of a jackass with videogame discussion.
>>
>>3359563
>Game is not furrybait because YOU A CHUD
How mature.
If this game is not bait for furry, why do furries love it? And why is Lisa The Painful, where the most characters are humans, not even a quarter as popular?
>>
>>3359563
Stone Sour appeared before Slipknot, but the first project sounds like a derivative version of the second. Your arguments are very one sided and stereotypical. However, you call someone CHUD.
You also couldn't refute Toby's fixation on lesbians, lack of player choice and consequence. Fallout 1-2 also did not have large teams and were not primitive 8bit crap that can be drawn in paint.
>>
File: file.png (310 KB, 1156x709)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>3359572
>And why is Lisa The Painful, where the most characters are humans, not even a quarter as popular?
Lisa the painful is a much more mature game with heavy subject matter. Media like that will naturally be less inclined to be as popular as something else with less impactful or heavy writing due to how audiences react to these sorts of stories. Same thing with a game like Fear and Hunger or Omori. It has nothing to do with the cast.
>If this game is not bait for furry, why do furries love it?
Is Skyrim a furry game? is Europa Universalis/Hearts of Iron a nazi game? Is Baldur's Gate 3 a scalie game? People will latch onto things if it offers something they want somewhere. Undertale has anthro characters so people who like anthro characters will naturally gravitate towards them. Saying Toby was "baiting" for furries to make his game popular is disingenuous to the actual quality of the rest of the entire game and the work put into it to even make those "furbait" characters compelling in the same place
if the world worked in the way you're implying, every single shit furry visual novel on itch io and steam with horny ass designs meant for coomers would become extremely popular every time. And yet they don't. Do you see the point here?
>>3359576
>Fallout 1-2 also did not have large teams and were not primitive 8bit crap that can be drawn in paint.
Fallout 1 had an estimated budget of $3 million, a large publisher and a much more professional team of artists. Undertale was made by one guy with a $50k kickstarter and his artist friend.
>lack of player choice and consequence.
Undertale is literally all about player choice and consequences, that's the entire point of the game
Deltarune is making direct commentary on that, and there is a lot of writing made to make it a central point in the narrative. Unless you have the media literacy of a child you wouldn't notice that it's an entire central point of the game
>why are there lesbians?
are you for fucking real
>>
>>3359576
>>3359572
>>3359536
>>3359268
also, even if the game WAS furry bait why does it even fucking matter in the first place
does that even change anything
who gives a fucking shit besides chuds
>>
>>3359581
>Is Skyrim a furry game?
Yes. The Skyrim community is full of depraved perverts. I know, because was in the modder community (regular, but even it bordered with pervs)
> is Europa Universalis/Hearts of Iron a nazi game?
Yes. I know because I play these games, communicated in this community, and am a radical rightist.
>Lisa the painful is a much more mature game with heavy subject matter
Yes, but Lisa in the end is less degenerate, because the characters in the game became degenerates in the post-apocalypse. When men become fags in a world where women don't exist - it's one thing. When basically every woman the MC knows is lesbian is a propaganda of degeneratism.
P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if Susie was molested by her father or stepfather offscreen, given her behavior and that lesbians usually come from abusive houses.
>>
>>3359592
>also, even if the game WAS furry bait why does it even fucking matter in the first place
Oh, you realized that I'm actually playing the game and you won't be able to deceive me, so you admit the obvious. Tricky furryfag. In just a COUPLE OF POSTS you went from "There is no degeneracy in this game" to "There is degeneracy in this game. And that's a good thing, chud". No, it is bad. Gays and lesbians are mentally ill people in the service of mentally ill elites. Elites use LGBT people like eunuchs in antiquity.
In other words, we are metaphorically helping the elites when we match the gay couples in Undertale and Deltarune. Therefore, all your phrases about the “status quo” are BS and projections, because you are doing everything to preserve it
>>
File: LAihJS5.gif (68 KB, 119x103)
68 KB
68 KB GIF
>>3359581
>Fallout 1 had an estimated budget of $3 million, a large publisher and a much more professional team of artists. Undertale was made by one guy with a $50k kickstarter and his artist friend.
It takes a lot of effort to create one critter, because it requires one character doing different things from six different angles. Undertale and Deltarune is so basic that any moron can draw a character like in this game in fucking MC Paint.
Look at this epic death and compare it to the boss death from Undertale.
>>
File: BRO.png (74 KB, 534x426)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>3359595
My brother in christ you associate a piece of media with audiences who latch onto it by reasons beyond the author's intention. You are beyond fucking stupid and I don't know how to spell it out to you.
Do you know what Death of the Autor means? It means that the interpretation and significance of every single media out there in the world depends on the audience that engages with it. What you think of a game's subjective qualities and how you "feel" about it is completely up to you and not the author's intentions. The reason why reviews are a complicated effort is because the reviewer must separate the media's objective quality considering it's budget and scope to their actual feelings received from the experience.

If a specific group or audience latches onto a piece of media due to it having elements they enjoy, it's not the fault of the author, as these groups will latch onto things that let them live out their fantasies in any media that enters their scope of attention
> P.S. : [HEADCANON] [HEADCANON] [HEADCANON]
Yeah, uh huh.
>>3359596
>In just a COUPLE OF POSTS you went from "There is no degeneracy in this game" to "There is degeneracy in this game. And that's a good thing, chud".
Dude I don't fucking care about your "degeneracy" and so does most people who aren't fucking insane like you.
>In other words, we are metaphorically helping the elites when we match the gay couples in Undertale and Deltarune. Therefore, all your phrases about the “status quo” are BS and projections, because you are doing everything to preserve it
Jesus fucking christ what in the actual fuck are you on about
and you don't even match the fucking couples yourself in those games, they enter a relationship for reasons that are shown in game (and, to your information, works exactly how straight relationships work) and the reason why they happen is because they're fucking ALIVE to do it.

This is the first time I visit this board and it was a huge fucking mistake holy shit.
>>
File: 1697649642304284.jpg (140 KB, 1199x717)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>3359599
DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I LITERALLY SPELLED OUT?
YES. THAT IS THE FUCKING POINT. UNDERTALE'S DESIGNS AND ANIMATIONS ARE BASIC BECAUSE DOING SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED WOULD REQUIRE MUCH MORE EFFORT BEYOND THE SCOPE, BUDGET AND TIME CONSTRAINTS SEEN IN UNDERTALE'S DEVELOPMENT AND TEAM SIZE. I'M SURE IF TOBY HAD A LARGER TEAM OF ARTISTS AND MORE MONEY, UNDERTALE WOULD HAVE LOOKED A BIT MORE TECHNICALLY IMPRESSIVE BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE. FALLOUT LITERALLY STARTED AS A 3D RENDERING ENGINE MEANT TO CREATE COMPLEX ANIMATIONS FROM 3D MODELS AS THAT WAS THE ART DESIGN GOAL INTENDED BY IT'S DEVELOPER. UNDERTALE ART DESIGN GOAL IS TO APPROACH NES/SNES RPGS
>>
File: 1705030971355015.png (25 KB, 1000x1000)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>3359608
>>3359600
>>3359592
>>3359581
>>3359563
>>3359547
Bro you're being baited
>>
>>3359600
>My brother in christ you associate a piece of media with audiences who latch onto it by reasons beyond the author's intention.
He could DENOUNCE this audience. But no. He started flirting with the LGBT-crowd even more. The game has very clear hints that the hero's adoptive father and adoptive brother are closeted fags. Don't say that the author acted with good intention.
You say that Lisa has more mature content, but this game did not show LGBT-stuff as something positive that should be cheered for.
>Yeah, uh huh.
These are official statistics on LGBT people. I can send it to you, but you will run to complain to jannies that "This guy made the discussion of a political game... POLITICAL"
>These are official statistics on LGBT people. I can send it to you, but you will run to complain to jannies that "This guy made the discussion of a political game... POLITICAL"
I am sane and you are not my brother. You are the Devil's advocate and mouthpiece of Globalists elites.
>and you don't even match the fucking couples yourself in those games, they enter a relationship for reasons
MC of the first game basically serves as Cupid for fags, what are you talking about? I completed all the endings and the pacifist REQUIRED bringing together two gay couples.
>>3359608
>UNDERTALE'S DESIGNS AND ANIMATIONS ARE BASIC BECAUSE DOING SOMETHING MORE COMPLICATED WOULD REQUIRE MUCH MORE EFFORT
So, you admit that Toby Fox games are low-effort product?
>>
>>3359615
What if the real bait is samefagging the most autistic argument ever
>>
>>3359619
No, even with my knowledge I could not portray a far left lunatic, who first admits that he is furry, but does not see degeneracy, but then says “Who cares, bro?” This kind of crap can only be written by an authentic leftist.
>>
File: bait2.png (62 KB, 622x626)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>3359622
>>
>>3359629
The real bait is Undertale and Deltarune. If these games weren't furrybait, we'd see at least one game where most of the characters would be human or humanoid. But it wouldn't have attracted as much audience as "not furry-not pokemons"
>>
Hahahaha this thread is a shitshow
>>3359516
>>3359536
>>3359596
You are delusional. If you’re genuine and not baiting then may God help you.
To people who haven’t played undertale yellow: it’s flawed, but very good. Undertale is not a game for everyone but if you liked undertale this is close to re-experiencing it again.
To people from the /v/ threads: don’t bother arguing with these spergs, there’s no point
>>
File: 1705347124428309.png (351 KB, 1920x1080)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>3359633
>To people from the /v/ threads: don’t bother arguing with these spergs, there’s no point
I should have realized it before I even made my first reply
god I sometimes forget what website I'm on
>>
>>3359640
What stopped Toby from denouncing the furryfags? The author of Bioshock may be a leftard, but when he saw that porn was being made with his character, he said that it was unacceptable, as if it were porn with his daughter.
>>
>>3359600
>>3359640
Imagine if I made a game where in order to get the best ending you have to quote Marx. This would already be a little suspicious, even if there was an explanation for this in the game. Now imagine that after being accused of communism, in the next game I would add more communist quotes and communist characters. And to all accusations and criticism, I would call people with different opinions “q-anon chuds”.
>>
>>3359642
>>3359646
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3359649
Undertale is political game and rpg. Besides, I'm almost sure that half of pol is furryfags
>>
>>3359651
So how is undertale political? Is it because it boldly claims that killing people is wrong or something?
>>
>>3359653
Monsters not people... They monsters. And killing of Undyne is justified, because it self-defence.
>>
>>3359655
you speak like a caveman
>>
>>3359656
Because simple truths sound like caveman speech to leftards. But no, this is basic and innate stuff that you won’t understand, because it’s disconnected from nature and spiritual world, cos you quadruple vaxxed.
Undertale and Deltarune is anti-family pro-Lgbt propaganda. And anti-human too, because the monsters are shown to be too kind, as if people exiled them for no reason. Human boy is basically a hostage, like Theon Greyjoy. Although, even Theon is not so surrounded by lesbians
>>
File: 1705389596251334.png (79 KB, 1346x800)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>
>3359671
>Totally not a furry art
>Totally not a human surronded by furries
Why in such games does the MC have no human gf or wife? Or any connection with human world? Because this is done for furries and normies, so that they are immersed in a world without people and only with quirky furries. You can deny that, but it's just futile
>>
S-sisters... those libtards on /v/ are laughing at us again!!!
>>
>>3359666
I agree bro. These damn progressives and their pro-monster agenda pervade everything these days. That fucking clown Jake Tapper gave an entire hour-long rhetoric about the “monster genocide” and “the seven soul plan” on TV last night
>>
>>3359694
Monsters, aliens and other fuckers aren't real, but refugees and other scams are real. Therefore, monsters and others have always been a metaphor for refugees or foreigners.
>>
File: file.png (430 KB, 1130x945)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>3359689
>>3359694
>>3359666
yeah dude it's all the fault of those damn anthro women that want to push this agenda so they can fuck human men! it's awful! Damn liberals!!
>>
>>3359724
>If I parody something, it automatically becomes untrue! Huh-uh
>>
>>3352913
>and has been in development for almost as long as Undertale has been out.
That's interesting. Good on them.
>>
>>3359563
Post sona
>>
>>3359633
I tagged out the second I got into the bat fight, while not “furry-bait”, it was clearly pushed into the game by furries.
>>
I'm amazed at the kind of people who browse this board. Just batshit insane
>>
never realized that Axis is so poorly built and programmed that the goddam fucking emergency shutdown doesn't work on them.

Imagine managing to make a sentient robot because it's programming is so glitchy it thinks by itself and finds loopholes in it's own code.

Chujin really was a failure and a moron.
Went straight to asgore with each new axis version without even a test run.
>>
>>3359600
Posters on /v/ wrote pedo-porn fanfiction and basically admitted that Deltarune is defenatly furrybait game, confirming that I was right. There was no such consensus about Undertale, because there were more non-furry characters.

So I was right, like Austrian guy
>>
>>3352913
i dont play fangames
>>
File: 1705496213611774.png (37 KB, 571x528)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>chuds
>>
>>3360557
Boo hoo faggot
>>
File: 1705370460684761.webm (1.22 MB, 640x480)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB WEBM
Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, hopefully the DRY anon knows about this thread and will post updates here as well.
>>
File: UTYS2.webm (3.74 MB, 952x720)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB WEBM
Right, I should be posting here too.

Dialogue and Flag system are mostly done. Now I'll polish up the event manager and try to make followers. Then I should start working on the menu.
>>
>>3352913
Played it on Christmas without knowing about it. Very casual Undertale enjoyer, not some fanart furry fucker.

>Martlet: Enjoyable personality, fantastic battle theme
>Starlo: Favorite character by a long shot, best part of the whole thing. Showdown is the best battle theme in the game.
>Ceroba: From the moment she shows up, the entire game revolves around her. She's literally somebody's fursona.
>Moe: best salesman
>the good: feels like a real Undertale game for 90% of the time. Music is A+++ and does the real stuff justice. Gameplay feels like real Undertale. No Chara or Sans, thank god. Genocide ending is worth it.
>the bad: furry fox characters suddenly taking over the plot and derailing the vibe.
>>
>>3362483
Interesting so far, hope you keep at it.
>>
>>3352913
I've been waiting for this game for maybe 5 or so years now, so happy it's finally out!
>>
>>3352913
Nice genocide path, would rape the fox and the bird.
>>
Probably should post this here,
https://youtu.be/KDtF1LI1eY4?si=i8OcvcgSAhzWjDLj
https://gamejolt.com/games/tsunderswap/160094
The Demo for TS!Underswap area 2 has come out, with an accompanying trailer.
>>
>>3360183
Chujin is an expert, at failing upward.
Then back down of course,
>>
>>3360183
Honestly, he comes across as desperate, either to help how he thinks he can or to prove himself.
>>
>>3352913
Troon game
>>
>>3352913
Where do I download this
>>
>>3369495
https://gamejolt.com/games/UndertaleYellow/136925
>>
>>3369513
Thanks
>>
>>3352913
I had someone tell me it was better than undertale. Look, the graphics are more detailed!
they were wrong and don't understand art
fucking kids
>>
>>3371853
lol
>>
>>3359600
>Death of the Autor
this essay has been a disaster for pop culture. i will kill barthes
>>
>>3371853
Yeah I wouldn't say it's better, certainly better then most Undertale fan stuff but not as good as the original.
>>
File: FirstCutscene.webm (3.81 MB, 956x718)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
Shameless necrobump, but the basics for the systems and the cutscene/event system is done. I'll start polishing stuff up now so it *looks* better (or correct at all, with the followers for example).

Now I can spend most of February polishing stuff and making the battle system.
>>
File: drw_DW.webm (937 KB, 640x480)
937 KB
937 KB WEBM
>>3375259
Good work so far, too bad the other fan game dev, the guy working on DRY gave up.
From what I can tell he made the most progress out of anyone on his fangame, before giving up on it of course.
>>
>>3375312
it's almost like developing an entire game by yourself on your own time for free is hard or something
>>3375259
looking good. i think posting here is probably better than directly posting it to /v/ because this thread is slow and won't die soon
>>
File: dry_DW_entrance.webm (600 KB, 640x480)
600 KB
600 KB WEBM
>>3375333
I don't know, the way he initially described his ambitions they sounded the most realistic, a town segment and a Darkworld + boss the size of the forest from Deltarune.
While everybody else is talking about making full chapter sized games.
Sure it's still a alot of work, but it's way more realistic than everybody elses'
>>
File: file.png (124 KB, 1895x225)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>3375312
>>3375343
I saw the original post when they announced it and even replied to it. I can fully sympathize with their decision. Making a fangame, especially one with the scope they were trying to make would have taken a lot of time. And for a lot of amateur devs like us, if you work long enough on a project like that, at some point you begin to ask "why just not make something original instead", which was the decision they made, very early on. There are a lot of factors involved, including time, reusability, crediting, writing and designs that you are limited or have to work around if you're making a fangame versus an original project. Just look at anyone that made a fangame of a Nintendo IP and were forced to take down *years* of hard work, it must be genuinely soul crushing (Although UTDR is an IP that incentivizes fanworks, I can still see why someone would prefer to make something completely original if they can distance themselves enough from the source material and get full credit for their work instead).

Even if their original ideas for the scale of the game were "small", a lot of work in game dev is purely in making the game "work", and a lot of that is very boring, annoying, busy work that isn't really exciting compared to content production. Deltarune, at least in comparison to Undertale, is way more complex and has a lot more systems that you need to recreate if you're trying to make a fangame off it.

There's a guy on /v/ who wants to attempt to continue that anon's work on the DRY fangame on Unity, so you can probably look forward to that.
>>3375333
>I think posting here is probably better than directly posting it to /v/ because this thread is slow and won't die soon
My plan is to post major updates on here while posting or discussing smaller things on /v/, it should help with archival
>>
>>3375347
I personally believe DRY anon got a bit spooked over how obsessive some fans can be; not because of 4chan users, but Twitter and Reddit lurkers.
>>
File: FirstCutscene2.webm (3.37 MB, 968x720)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB WEBM
>>3375259
another pass on this initial cutscene. Followers are less "out of screen teleporting" and framerate is smoother when unlocked. Fixed an issue with sprite rendering that lets me turn off the Snap 2D transforms to pixel, which made camera jittery and characters in movement look laggy. It turns out to be a major problem with Godot's 2D Vulkan Rendering that will only be fixed in 4.3, but thankfully its fine for now on my end

Seeing UT/UTY in 60fps is extremely weird so I'll leave it as an option for the user. I'll probably set the default on "auto" as some gameplay mechanics and 3D sections are better on 60, while I can still leave the 2D sections on 30
>>
>>3376025
Damn, I didn't even notice UT wasn't at 60. I wonder why--fuck, it's because Toby didn't even bother to change the default FPS in Game Maker's settings, isn't it
>>
>>3376286
Toby used the default Gamemaker settings and code structure meaning the whole game is tied to framerate, actually. Putting it at 60 would break everything, and there are some issues depending if you play the game on fullscreen and windowed due to monitor VSync differences. It's still like this in Deltarune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTAe-6huDwk
>>
>>3376314
Yeah, I used to use Game Maker (nearly 20 years ago? some shit never changes) and my games had that same gimped framerate before I realized you can just go into the settings and set it to 60 when starting a new project. It wasn't until you pointed it out that I realized that's exactly what's going on in Undertale: he didn't even bother.

It's just funny because in some ways the game is so professional and polished and in others it's baby's first Game Maker game. Then UT's popularity hit critical mass so UTY and DR had no incentive to fix it and risk seeming... less Undertaley
>>
>>3376429
honestly, if it works, it works. Yeah having the FPS at 30 is kinda shitty but it was emulating Earthbound anyways and that game was slow as moleasses. Playing shmup segments at 30 is still a pain though.
>>
File: UTYS3.webm (3.85 MB, 642x480)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
Current progress post. God's strongest video compressor boy has been given his toughest battle. Time to write a shitton of dialogue and make more rooms. Lots of dialogue is still WIP and the Dance™ is still incoming.

I've had to re-encode this video 4 times because it went above the timelimit for 4chan's webms and I forgor about catbox, but the audio is also still barebones for now anyways so you're not really missing much.
>>
>>3376025
>Seeing UT/UTY in 60fps is extremely weird
yeah at first I wondered why UTY wasn't in 60fps and wished there wasn option but after seeing the webm it just feels...so wrong
>>
>>3376529
so the entire cast will follow you at some point?
>>
>>3378859
I made it dynamic so I can have any arbitrary number of followers if needed. The current plan though is that for most of the game you'll have two
>>
File: 1706574621632378.png (37 KB, 367x395)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>/v/ threads are finally getting nuked by its jannies.
I... guess this will suffice...
>>
>>3379116
its worse.
>>>/trash/63010589
we have our own "nooo i dont like you" schizo now.
>>
>>3378992
>room full of birds that trail you like ducklings you in a massive line
>working together, they manage to carry you over a disproportionately small gap
>>
>>3379116
At least the they are staying in their place now instead of clogging up the catalogue with their self-promotion, /co/ shot drawings, fetish posting, and writefaging.
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 277x439)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Wait, fuck.

Does anyone have a quick rundown on how the stat system works in Undertale Yellow? Like, how the enemy bullets interact with the player defense and the like? I'll probably need that to make the battle system work.
>>
>>3379612
I think each bullet has a "source" enemy so it takes the attack value from them to get the damage
>>
>>3379616
no, yeah, that makes sense. I'm thinking on how those numbers interact

I'm sure enemy bullets take their ATK value and reduces player HP based on a calculation from the DF value, but I don't know how the math is actually done
>>
>>3379618
I think its just bullet atk - player def
>>
>>3379621
>>3379618
also make it clamp to 1 so it doesn't matter what armor you have, you always take at least 1 damage (except if you have the roba's shield)
>>
>>3379612
speaking of the battle system, are you planning to implement enemy dusting or not since it's supposed to be a pacifist continuation? because I'm interested in how exactly does one do the dusting effect on a sprite, is it a shader?
>>
File: file.png (48 KB, 820x504)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>3379656
I won't attempt to replicate it because according to my current script, I won't need it.
here's a fun fact! There are two ways Undertale dusts enemies. BOTH of which show up if you kill Papyrus. Notice how his body turns to dust comapred to his head: https://youtu.be/L-tAQHP_zCU?si=hoQoa0B9N90SNSQn&t=4220
apparently it works like Pic Related.

there will be random fights but similar to Steamworks they will be mostly against robots. You can fight and kill them but they won't account for a non-pacifist run.
>>
File: file.png (733 B, 33x33)
733 B
733 B PNG
those /v/ threads kinda went bust huh
>>
>>3380078
just give it a few days, the gacha retards will most likely forget if we just let them rest a bit.
>>
my classes this semester are being kinda time demanding, but in my free time i'll probably try to develop a recreated but shortened undertale yellow overworld/system in haxeflixel for the FNF mod idea, with flowey's SAVE points being warps to the bosses.
that might be biting off more than i can chew, doing this all alone right now. my hope is to get enough done for a demo or something, then maybe that will attract more serious people who will be willing to help, but in the meantime i'll probably just do the art and coding myself and commission the music as i need it. i've already got the basic overview of the game and the rooms planned out too.
i'm glad a lotta people liked this idea. this seems at least worthwhile. but man. this will take a shit ton of time, more than i might be able to afford

also that crybaby janny tattletale can go fuck himself
>>
File: dust.webm (217 KB, 640x480)
217 KB
217 KB WEBM
>>3379676
well that was a miserable 5 or so hours but I got it
at least I learned a bit more about shaders
>>
File: file.png (689 KB, 1813x1013)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>3380136
Oh, that's really good! How did you get through learning shaders? Did you use the book of shaders or just a shader tutorial? And did you use visual shaders or direct code?
Shaders are very cool but I'm too lazy to spend the time to make cool stuff except when I really need to

like this other project where I *had* to make the shader for these cockpit windows since the standard material wasn't working for some reason and it involved some math to gamma correct or whatever but it was pretty simple stuff
>>
File: dust_boss.webm (332 KB, 640x480)
332 KB
332 KB WEBM
>>3380148
I used purely Godot's shader documentation and a bunch of tutorials I found on Youtube. This one did most of the heavy lifting though, I just had to repurpose it but it was very close to what I needed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XSL0zBOwI
I also tried to do the boss version
>>
>>3380179
Oh that's using the particle system as well. Makes sense. I know how to use the particle system but haven't went too deep into it
>>
File: file.png (97 KB, 494x568)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wSYwqbp4S4
>>
File: 1704653325898221.png (98 KB, 1280x1280)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
https://files.catbox.moe/fz5rnr.mp4
>>
>>3380148
QRD on this game?
>>
>>3380896
Mecha survival horror game inspired by Patlabor and Voices of the Void but I'm not working on it right now as I want to actually finish at least one smaller game before working on it.
>>
>>3380900
I feel like this would be an amazing vr title or something idk. Looks cool and I hope you get around to working on it someday!
>>
File: F7IufyMXcAAlZ0J.png (7 KB, 600x800)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3380920
thanks! Yeah I absolutely plan on getting back to it once I finish either this fangame or the project I'm working with the guys on the studio as its way bigger in scope than either of those two games
>>
File: 1686272064268402.png (22 KB, 697x529)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>3364680
I had a genuine blast with this fangame, pretty lengthy and fun even if it is a demo
>>
>>3381435
The jump in quality from the Blueins to Koffin Keep was nuts. The best thing Underswap did was stop swapping and start doing their own thing
>>
File: 1693531910390312.jpg (72 KB, 828x845)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>3381483
This is genuinely the most fun character of the game for that reason
>>
Okay, I have to ask:
is this game finished? For the purposes of this question, dev has abandoned the project before finishing is finished.
if so, I will play it. If not, I will not.
>>
>>3381550
it is finished yes, now if it's "complete" is another question. you'll know what people mean when you do the true pacifist run
>>
>>3381555
I will play it and judge it for myself then.
Thank you brother.
I'm a true pacifist fag so I'll see what you mean.
>>
Martlet's fucking my ass, help!
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 898x413)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
I almost forgot that characters have different talk sounds but now its done

is there some stuff like small variations to the pitch or something? I could probably randomize that
>>
>>3382398
AudioStreamPlayer allows you to adjust playback pitch.
>>
>>3382414
I meant in the original game, I know I can change the pitch for the audio in godot but my hearing isn't good enough to notice if the original game would randomize the audio a bit
>>
>>3382455
i dont think it does
>>
>>3382455
I really thought it did but I'm looking at the decomp right now and it doesn't
https://github.com/fachinformatiker/undertale/blob/master/objects/OBJ_WRITER.object.gmx

It has special randomization functions using multiple .wav files just for Temmie, Mettaton, and Gaster
>>
File: 1705253601431222.gif (1.94 MB, 480x270)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB GIF
The hotlands area is now done alongside some more polish on some other stuff, mostly related to the dialogue system. Now all that's left is a a few cutscenes and then I can start work on a small new original area.
I also got a sanity check and realized I can just make cutscenes by having sprites that are animated during cutscenes and hide the player instead of the insane direct manipulation solution I was going with.

On an unrelated note, I just accidentally made my main artist friend go absolutely fucking nuts over Void Stranger. Bro has been INSANE about the game for the last three days, he went to sleep like 8 AM today and just beat the first true ending.
>>
>>3381492
>Most fun character
>Because he's an actual original character instead of just a regular Undertale character
I really hope he returns at some point in the game (especially on genocide) somehow, and I can't wait to see what Sgt Splosion does as the Undyne stand-in.
>>
>>3384576
We better get a Sgt. Splosion, Alphys, AND Undyne fight.
>>
>>3384465
Did he try Zero Ranger or is it something he'll consider doing in the future? If he's a bad enough dude, he'll probably enjoy it too.
>>
>>3387465
he's not into sci-fi and mechs, dude's more about the wizard/fantasy aesthetic (which the game was mostly following up until that point), which meant I was giggling like a fucking idiot when he reached the DIS section of VS before doing VS Lilie

I did help him and my other friends (who were also helping out with the playthrough) whenever they needed plot details from ZeroRanger since I also completed that game
>>
File: 1681882464061248.webm (818 KB, 1296x976)
818 KB
818 KB WEBM
latest update from dryanon2, he finally got the following system going
>>
File: 1707695472200096.webm (1.77 MB, 1296x976)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB WEBM
>>3390797
well might as well start posting these updates here as well then
>V will let you split kanako and cole
>F will swap your control between the two
>cole will be able to use his revolver for puzzles
>kanako is fast as fuck (cole moves at a speed of 4(walking)/7(sprinting), kanako's speed is 5/15)
i'll probably nerf kanako's ridiculous speed a bit
>>
>>3391374
That Kanako is WAY too fast, halve her speed, leave her at 4/8.
>>
File: 1694137975281714.webm (765 KB, 1920x1080)
765 KB
765 KB WEBM
>>3391374
>changed kanako's movement speed to 5/9
>instead, she'll get a dark world ability that grants hyper speed for a few seconds
>fixed the funny velocity bug in the webm
tomorrow i'll begin working on interaction and dialog.
>>
File: 1694623165738640.png (237 KB, 1172x906)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>
>>3352913
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1677107773702053.webm (301 KB, 1306x978)
301 KB
301 KB WEBM
alright, dialogue system's base has been made.
its very rough, but so far
>individual objects can hold their own text
>text sound and character scrolling.
... and thats unfortunately it at the moment. continuing on, there's a bit i'll need to actually apply to the dialogue system:
>Z to progress to the next text box/close it
>X to skip the text scrolling
>asterisks being applied before every line
>automatically shifting the text if a character portrait is used
>using a list or array to store strings instead of individual strings
>distinction between cole and kanako when interacting with something, since you can split the party at will.
>making the text look crisp, bit of a problem at the moment where the edge of the text is a little "fuzzy"
it'll be done before next sunday, probably. but for now im a bit tired.
also fixing the dialogue box going offscreen.
>>
File: utyFNF_flowey_demo_new.gif (1.64 MB, 960x720)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB GIF
>>3380103
flowey's basic sprites + the song background are done. i'll probably try to code the game systems and insert this in as an actual playable level next.
>>3395852
nice, i'll probably need to code my own dialogue system in haxe soon if i can't steal some other code
>>
File: 1677239614931140.png (5 KB, 1052x80)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>3395852
fixed alignment and font size, made the letters smooth. no fuzz
>>
File: HotlandsAndDance.webm (3.42 MB, 530x400)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB WEBM
Back on my bullshit, baby
Sorry for the long time without updates. I was taking care of my other game and taking a small break. Also most of the work is code work anyways so I want to avoid showing that.

The sprite artist I requested delivered the goods. The 'Roba now can dance.

Had to do some bullshit with the dialogue to make this work. Bailador says different stuff if you don't dance and if Ceroba doesn't dance. The dialogue plugin I'm using is a pain in the ass but little by little I'm making the thing work in a way that's easier to use.

Yes I know about the animations not being fully in check, I'm still taking a look at that, but I'll try focusing on the new area which happens after the end of this webm.

We're currently working on a tileset as the new area is completely new. I'll be announcing the game on fandom circles once I finish that as the game will have enough "content" to convince people I am 100% serious about this (so I can get some people on the project, like, musicians, which I have none).
>>
>>3396641
also just had someone ask "why didn't she just take the elevator to L1" and she does mention that right after the webm but basically it's because of the Royal Guard
>>
File: file.png (161 KB, 921x819)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>3396641
>>3396665
if anyone's curious here's what the dialogue file looks like
>>
File: 1690682435555492.png (33 KB, 616x375)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>3396919
the way ive set up dialogue for DRY is quite a bit different.
i made a basic script with everything set up in public variables.
public variables allow me to edit the variables in editor and on a per object basis, so i can use the same script for just about every interactable object/NPC
cutscenes will need their own unique scripts, but thats a different story.
a quick run down
>X text
contains all of the dialogue for a certain interaction scenario (in this case, "both" means kanako and cole are not split)
i have cases for cole, kanako, and both. but later on i'll need to add cases for different routes.
>X lines box
how many lines each text box will contain, has to equal the next variable
>X lines total
how many lines there are in the text array in total.
not exactly sure why i made this one since i could just use .length for the text array.

anyways i'll post the showcase webm later, gotta go.
>>
File: file.png (162 KB, 1185x754)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>3396933
I'm using a dialogue plugin that I had to *heavily* modify to work with my current needs but now it usually works perfectly. That file I showed is a .dialogue file and it just contains text and characters, and its also able to access functions, the savef ile and variables if passed to it.
The way dialogue is called is via the Event Manager, which I use for animations and other events ingame. It begins setting up the parameters and then calls the plugin's start method to start the dialogue according to the file path and start title sent. The plugin then creates the box and starts showing the lines based on their insane recursive logic.

There are two types of text boxes, one with portraits and one without, and I can switch between them during text with some bullshittery, as you can see in my previous webm, though its not automatic and I'm too lazy to make it be. Also the asterisks and line skips need to be set manually, but thankfully the plugin editor gives me an example scene of the dialogue in real time so I can test entire scripts easily.

The good thing about this plugin is that changing fonts, auto-forwarding text, changing text sizes, adding effects and other things is very easy as it uses richtext/bbcode and has custom modifiers
>>
File: text.png (280 KB, 1272x562)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>3395881
doesn't FNF have a built in dialogue system already?
>>3396933
>>3396919
>>3396941
og dry anon here, at first I was hard coding the text directly into the code, but then I decided to put it in a txt file so it is easier to do a 2nd pass later. to call it I just assign a string to be called from the npc object and it gets the text from a dictionary
here's an example of how I set it up, with the txt on the left and how it was before when I hard coded it directly into the event code
>>
File: file.png (156 KB, 1021x785)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>3396945
Interesting. Godot has a regex system built in that could possibly help if I used something like that.

Actually I went in to check and that's basically how the plugin I'm using works, the dialogue files I have are basically just txt files with some fluff meant to help with translations
>>
>>3359527
this is a feature of like a shitload of games, anon
>>
File: 1707610959847373.webm (495 KB, 1300x1080)
495 KB
495 KB WEBM
>>
>>3352913
cringe fan game of a cringe game
>>
>>3396945
>doesn't FNF have a built in dialogue system already?
i actually forgot it did in the dating levels, but it's not implemented in the newer engine i'm using and I'd probably have to rewrite most of it anyways because undertale's dialogue box is more complicated.
especially with the god damn text indention. i think i got the basics for the narration component down, now i just have to deal with that
>>
>>3398774
just do the text indentation manually, it's not like you'll add paragraphs of dialogue will you?
>>
File: ceroba_dance.gif (14 KB, 220x300)
14 KB
14 KB GIF
Recorded a long ass video trying to showcase most of the game so far.

https://files.catbox.moe/yjrxr5.mp4

Current checklist for "actually fucking announce it" status:
Systems:
>Player Menu(C) - Ongoing, not close to done
>Save System - Ongoing, almost close to done (basically only need to setup dialogue flags on the save itself instead of the rooms, which I already know how to but will take time) (The game already knows how to check for flags in the current room or game state, it's just not saved in the same way as the player's stats yet but the game does have the full code for saving to an appdata file)
>Dialogue System and Cutscene System - Practically done. Very few nitpicks and concerns but I will improve it.
>Movement and Followers - Also practically done. Also very few nitpicks and concerns besides the kinda ugly startup on their movement.
>Options and Menus - Not started yet but the audio and controls are already expecting configurations since I basically just stole code from my other project which does have ingame settings already.
>Combat system - Nothing yet. Lord have mercy.
Content:
>Hotlands area - Almost done. The video ends close to when the area ends. There's a few more cutscenes before you reach the lab but we're getting there. LOTS of SFX that are already separated missing because I just literally haven't put their triggers yet. *Dialogue is a work in progress and I'm still going to review it*
>New small area - Not close to done. Tileset in progress. No other work on it besides testing out the layout in engine. It's smaller than the Hotlands section so it might not take long once the tileset is ready but it will need a lot of original assets.

Things are moving well, I'm very satisfied so far but classes are rapidly approaching so this momentum will probably not last long.

I'm happy to receive suggestions on the dialogue.
>>
>>3399321
I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. The only line that really struck me as out-of-place was
>Where Chujin worked... or used to work.
Both of these are past tense so she just said the same thing twice, but more importantly it sounds like she's trying to tell us Chujin was a steamworks employee immediately after we spent hours wading through it together and rifling through all his stuff. It's so weird I'm not sure if I read it correctly.

Other than that I guess I could nitpick the amount of awkward pausing and hemming and hawing the three do when reunited. Undertale dialogue is usually extremely short and to the point (when a character isn't being long winded for comedic effect). I like the meat of it: Martlo doing the obvious right thing, conflicted Clover souling out, Ceroba's seething boiling over. I'd just trim some huh?s and dot dot dots off the top.
>>
File: 1703891783976399.png (5 KB, 1000x600)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>3399353
>Both of these are past tense so she just said the same thing twice, but more importantly it sounds like she's trying to tell us Chujin was a steamworks employee immediately after we spent hours wading through it together and rifling through all his stuff. It's so weird I'm not sure if I read it correctly.
Hmmm, yeah. I could probably take that line out since I do remember the Steamworks section, but I just wanted her to feel a bit more lost in the past when she looks at the CORE. Noted.

>Other than that I guess I could nitpick the amount of awkward pausing and hemming and hawing the three do when reunited. Undertale dialogue is usually extremely short and to the point (when a character isn't being long winded for comedic effect). I like the meat of it: Martlo doing the obvious right thing, conflicted Clover souling out, Ceroba's seething boiling over. I'd just trim some huh?s and dot dot dots off the top.
I see. I'll keep that in mind when writing new dialogue and I'll try to trim off the excess from the current script as well. Had another person from my team say the same thing and it just might be me trying to write very "dramatically" but this is exactly why I like asking other people for opinions.
>>
>>3399355
>it just might be me trying to write very "dramatically"
It's great to write dramatically when there's drama. When Toriel drops some ellipses on you, you know she's agonizing over some dead kids and that's swell. Here there's a lot of double takes from Martlet and Starlo with no gravitas because they have no idea what's going on. I thought maybe they found Chujin's sex dungeon tapes again and were working up the nerve to confront Ceroba, but no. There's nothing behind the dots.

But it's fine. I mean, the source material cheerily ends with the antagonist murdering another innocent child. Your writing really doesn't have to be perfect.
>>
>>3352913
Flowey is NOT ALIVE FOR ANY HUMAN BEFORE FRISK. Very fundamental mistake
>>
>>3399532
A number of human souls had to be sent to Alphys first but I don't think it was ever confirmed to be all six. The only part that really strains canon is UT characters saying it's been a long time since any human fell, while Yellow clearly takes place shortly before
>>
>>3399553
i think this fandom just has trouble piecing together plot elements from little scattered pieces and making sure they have EVERY piece. for example, i didn't know dalv's encounter with a human was the same one chujin and kanako had, and that dalv was literally the monster the saved her until it was pointed out to me.
>>
>>3399355
>>3399321
I agree with the other anon, the dialogue is too wordy/takes too long to get to the point. maybe this would work for a fic but not a game, so try to trim up some of it
>>
File: Screenshot (4).png (19 KB, 1920x1080)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
What the hell did I download?
This is not Undertale 2: Revenge of the Robots. This is like Deltarune -1.

I genuinely don't remember downloading this.
>>
>>3399532
>>3399611
back when the devs wrote the the plot they were still kids and didn't know how the lore wrote, the worst part is the dark ruins and dalv which they didn't change since they already had a demo out
I'd have tossed that away and redone it
>>
>>3399321
the music constantly pausing feels weird but other than whats already been mentioned everything looks good so far
>>
File: dialogueDemo_mute.webm (2.25 MB, 1280x720)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB WEBM
>>3395881
[audio version: https://files.catbox.moe/q6fy91.webm]

got a basic overworld system coded into forever engine haxeflixel.
i can quickly build rooms from an external tilemap editor called Ogmo, and export all the tiles, collision, loading zones, interactable objects, etc.
thanks to a parser i wrote, this information can be directly converted from a .json into a functional room by just passing it in. dialogue is similarly parsed. hopefully this will make my ability to develop the overworld dramatically faster, which will be especially important for making the final boss area that i want to.

outside of this, the major overworld things i still need to add are events/cutscene systems and NPCs, as well as the item menu. then, other states like the main menu and settings.

there's no interface in haxeflixel by the way, it's entirely coding in an IDE da old fashioned way

>>3399321
nice job man
i'd recommend having longer pauses on punctuation characters though (sort of like in the video here). i can send the code if you need it but i basically got an array of punctuation characters, checked if the current character was one of them, and increased the next letter delay if so
>>
>>3405108
Pretty cool to get that working in a FNF engine
>>
File: 613 - 5r50p7pxr5ec1.gif (560 KB, 400x600)
560 KB
560 KB GIF
>>3399321
Amazing work as always! Do your classes normally and don't worry if development slows down, pretty sure most of us will be busy as well.
Regarding feedback, same as the other anons, dialogue needs a bit more polishing when it comes to pauses and characters that know each other. Also I feel the text is kinda slow. Maybe speed it up a little?
>>
>>3407132
did you make that
holy fuck
>>
>>3407327
judging by the filename, probably not
>>
falling out of trouble updated and it isnt a gay frisk/chara/dalv chapter!
>>
File: Martlet.gif (121 KB, 1148x310)
121 KB
121 KB GIF
>>
File: GHzs-xga8AAGSqY.png (343 KB, 1200x1015)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>
File: file.png (18 KB, 1154x315)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>3399321
I'm finally back to adjusting and finishing this cutscene. I realized I should have been using a simple animation tree state machine from the get go, which is MUCH easier for cutscenes in a row like this.

I tried to really trim down the dialogue. The sequence as a whole (which goes way beyond what that video showed) is still a bit long, but it IS the setup for the game, so its probably not that bad in context. Explaining why Starlo and Martlet are there is very important but I still tried to trim it down. Maybe I could explain some things later but I tried to just keep everything that is really necessary.

Also toned down Ceroba's panic a lot. She's way more composed now but she still gets anxious and very angry because that's the entire point of this cutscene.

Hopefully any remaining issues will be resolved on my peer reviews, but at least I'm back on track.
>>
File: 1573069739069.jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
https://pastebin.com/tB3JrN0g
another first draft for the next part of return to form, i'll probably add a bit more before posting to ao3 but mostly just wanted feedback on this first bit
>>
So did we migrate to /vrpg/ or what
>>
>>3411783
there's a /v/ thread right now
>>
>>3411783
This has mainly been used for game dev shit over the past few months but that’s subject to change i suppose
Idk, not really up to date because i’ve been too busy to check these threads or work on my game. Pretty surprising the threads have managed to hold out this long
>>
>>3411783
people somewhat collectively agreed that we should stagger /v/ threads a bit more now, every other day it seems like.
>>
>>3411783
/v/ Yellow threads will only happen on fridays.
>>
>>3414096
I don't think anyone agreed to that, are you like...the guy who generally makes the threads deciding to that or something?

Because no one even said anything like last thread.
>>
>>3414154
see >>3413102
ideas are slowing down a bit but we've still got the interest to keep a thread going.
>>
>>3414154
Yeah I dont know if I speak for everyone but right now I prefer every other day over just fridays, that seems like it's going too far too fast
>>
speaking of, it has been a day since the last proper yellow thread died.
>>
>>3414164
I meant the friday thing, not the "every other day" thing.
No one agreed to every friday, only every other day.

>>3414173
maybe in a few hours, isn't it night hours for most people?
>>
>>3414202
its 6:40-10:40pm in america, not sure about europoors
>>
>>3414203
>he forgot Alaska time
>>
>>3410725
unless kanako is in it I don't really care
>>
>>3416946
Outside of ts!underswap and vision crew's deltarune I don't think many will
>>
File: 1708643262515847.png (42 KB, 640x800)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>3416953
with how hard wildfire is going in on furfag designs, i can see it having a similar appeal like yellow's does artwise
>>
>>3417281
they're so shameless about it
>>
File: GELUAsWasAA8AQm.jpg (509 KB, 2500x2000)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>3417281
Hit and miss imo
Those two might have it going on but this? Nah.
>>
>>3417281
i hope the devs keep up the "most people you see are loving and well adjusted couples",
bravery's genocide route is going to be gut punch after gut punch on the player on the player, isnt it?
>>
>>3417281
They’re cute designs, but furries have a problem with making every character in their stories an anthro. I think worlds that mix humans, anthros, and other creatures are way more interesting than all-human or all-anthro worlds, which I think is a lot of the allure of undertale. Say what you want about ceroba being a furbait mary sue, but I think UTY has an overall strong character design diversity and strong character designs, even if it’s in a different way than undertale’s. It is not a “furfag game.”
Especially compared to this where every character so far is a cutesy 2017 furry tumblr artist wolf OC. It just looks a bit bland and samey
>>
>>3417520
this
>>
File: 1690604916659307.png (6 KB, 640x432)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>3416946
>draw my wife!
you shouldn't ask/post those things in /vrpg/
>>3416953
vision crew doesn't even have a demo yet
>>3417520
they've only shown like 5 designs so far, it's hard to tell if all the game will be like that, see pic related for example
>>
>>3417770
There's already massive amounts of hype around it iirc, even without a demo ppl are talking abt it a lot
>>
>>3417776
its easier for artists to hype up projects than programmers because people will understand more the "doneness" of art assets instead of actual code and playable builds

remember the GTA VI leaked build where every fucking person couldn't decide how late in development the game was?
>>
I don't give a shit about wildfire until I see at least 10 seconds of actual in engine footage

concept art alone, no matter how pretty and cute, does not make any game.
>>
>>3417310
I hope for the same, but not just couples. Having the main cast be well-connected with each other was a good detail in Undertale that I think doesn't get talked about enough and wasn't present in Yellow. In Undertale, even if some of the main characters rub you the wrong way, none of them are totally isolated from any characters that you do like.
>Hurting Mettaton hurts Alphys
>Hurting Alphys or Asgore hurts Undyne
>Hurting Undyne hurts Papyrus, and vice versa
>Hurting Papyrus or Toriel hurts Sans, and vice versa and also if you hurt Papyrus, how dare you baka
And all of that is represented in the Neutral endings, where all of them behave differently depending on who's gone and who's left. It gives the story cohesion and gives each boss fight more narrative weight on all routes, even if you don't realize it fully at the time. Their lives and their deaths cause collateral, and the characters around them change accordingly.
It's a concept I wish got translated into Yellow. But for that cast, only Starlo and Ceroba really know and care for each other. Maybe they thought Martlet and Dalv were connected to the web by Chujin and Kanako respectively, but those connections wasn't nearly alluded to and fleshed out enough to have the same effect.
>>
>>3417520
in wildfire's defense, so far the only furry designs i've seen from them are either canid or leporid, both of which are (in the original undertale) extremely common for snowdiners to look like
>>
>>3416953
>vision crew's deltarune
Looked it up and couldn't find a whole lot, where could I learn more on what this is about? The full soundtrack being on SoundCloud and the presence of a TV Tropes page implies a full plot outline is available somewhere, but I can't find anything. Was it all just posted in snippets on their Tumblr?
>>
>>3418558
they have a discord server iirc, im not in it though
>>
File: 1710204365700800.jpg (360 KB, 2048x1709)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
How are the AT and DF values (Primary and Secondary) calculated in Undertale Yellow + considering armor? Does anyone have a writeup on that? Please.
>>
>>3420131
I think monster damage is on a 2:1 scale, meaning every two points is one damage towards you.

And I think defense also worked the same, two points of defense equals 1 blocked damage.

Damage against monsters and monster defense is unknown to me.
>>
File: file.png (1 KB, 168x92)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>3420140
I'm asking more about the player's AT and DF stats. They are called AT Primary and AT secondary, same thing for DF, but I want to know how they're calculated. I think the first number is the player's total while the second is the number their equipment is giving them, but I'd like confirmations.
>>
File: file.png (46 KB, 458x310)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>3420143
and on calculations I mean including the player's base values, how armor and weapons factors into it, and accessories and ammo.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm currently implementing the inventory system and I'd like to already set up how the player stats work and interact with enemies since I'll start work on the battle system next.
>>
File: Cupcakes.webm (830 KB, 638x478)
830 KB
830 KB WEBM
>>3420145
Also here's the progress on the player menu. You can also equip items if you find them but for now there are no stat changes on the player besides consumables changing HP.
Dialogue is mostly fluff and there can be dialogue for dropping items, except the dummy here forgot to show it on an item that does have it.
>>
>>3420163
>Yellow lab has an elaborate item fusion alchemy machine that allows you to combine two items
>recipe book keeps track of combinations discovered
>reward teased for 100% book completion
>cup and cake make cupcake
>no other recipes whatsover, you immediately get the 100% reward for making a cupcake
>>
>>3420163
>options become yellow when you press them
this doesnt happen in UTY, just saying in case you want it to be "more accurate"
>>
>>3421141
>this doesnt happen in UTY
I know, and I can disable it with one click, but I really liked the visual feedback
>>
File: Dumb_Touhou_Widow.png (319 KB, 1404x790)
319 KB
319 KB PNG
>>3352913
I recently played Undertale Yellow and had a great time, one of the characters just being a Touhou was hilarious. It put me into the mood to play more UT/DR fangames though, does anyone have any recommendations?
>>
>>3421792
>does anyone have any recommendations?
ts!underswap is really the only other thing of quality but even then thats still unfinished
deltatraveler is often brought up by people but its pretty bad
>>
>>3421792
That's the problem anon, there are none.

No
>more UT/DR fangames though

Not serious at least, you should play Deltarune Ribbit or Undertale 2: Revenge of the robots.
Those two games are hilarious, I recommend the latter more since it's an original instead of just a repaint.
>>
>>3421798
>>3421799
Well damn, fair enough. Suppose I'll check those out.
>>
>>3421792
TS!Underswap is high quality, if you're willing to tolerate 1- AU stuff and 2- that it's an unfinished demo
>>
>>3359111
holy fucking true
>>
>>3421792
if you're looking for actual finished games, only overtime, and that's a TF2 fangame with UT's gameplay
if you're ok with single battles, check out "scampton the great", "a different snowgrave" and "one hell of a show", they're all pretty high quality
>>
File: npcDemo.webm (3.3 MB, 1280x720)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB WEBM
progress update
> made a generalized parent class for overworld characters, can be extended for things like NPCs and party members and the player so they can all share the same properties
> also made a general character controller class that can be used for various purposes like cutscenes, player input, etc.
> basic functional npc object, capable of collision and dialogue storage while also retaining the properties of the generic character class
> y-based sprite draw order
> proper talking dialogue sprites that start and stop
> improved my formating of dialogue files, so they can store multiple "groups" of dialogue in the same file, and each one can be called based on whatever parameters they're assigned (most importantly, checking multiple times, as seen here)
> other things i made more modular

i also practiced drawing martlet a bit and made a few ceroba and martlet sprites
finally, genuine question, should i bother to implement the stupid fucking asterisks in the dialogue? because honestly this seems fine to me and it also leaves more room for the dialogue. i think it'll take more time and be a pain in the ass if i bother to implement the bulleting, but if it's really a make-or-break deal then i can.
>>
>>3424484
>should i bother to implement the stupid fucking asterisks in the dialogue?
Don't worry about it too much. Maybe if you want to be lazy just put the asterisks in the text itself
>>
>>3424489
is it even a FNF mod anymore at this point?
also on the asterisks, I've just been adding them manually, if using the mono font it's easy, just add 2 spaces before a line without it
>>
File: cerobaPartner.png (131 KB, 1132x518)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>3424510
>is it even a FNF mod anymore at this point?
"FNF mod" has sort of become a catch-all term, it just stuck even after the community moved on to enormous projects that would more aptly be called "fangames"
in that regard, "FNF mod" can either refer to some toddler's shitty flipaclip recolor, sonic.exe content farm slop, or in extraordinary cases, a genuinely passionate and fun rhythm fangame.

i'll get around to implementing the FNF-related stuff eventually, but i'm doing the overworld right now for many reasons. most importantly so I can develop a story first, and then make the playable songs fit into the exciting points.

i'm sometimes doing drawings for the game too though. here's ceroba "partner" icons that will probably be used during stuff like the guardener fight.
>>
>>3424840
>sonic.exe content farm slop
legit question why is sonic.exe so fucking popular with kids nowadays
>>
>>3353209
I hate this piece of shit so much
>>
>>3425575
Same honestly, I wonder who was the retard. They didn't even get the right yellow lizard of the game.
>>
File: 1708678739167734.jpg (191 KB, 698x702)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>
>>3425230
Kids love horror, it's why creepypastas happened in the first place. I think sonic-themed horror in particular is popular because the sonic franchise itself is still popular with kids.
>>
File: RobaHuge.gif (382 KB, 843x826)
382 KB
382 KB GIF
>extremely muffled caramelldansen can be heard miles away
>>
File: Spoiler Image (5 KB, 801x315)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
dryanon1 here, so following feedback, I've tweaked axis look and melody's light world sprites, but now I'm unsure if I make axis only have one hand or if his 2nd hand is just hidden under the cloak
>>
>>3359581
>Is Skyrim a furry game?

Yes
>>
>>3427057
Axis missing a hand could be pretty cool, you could lean it into the idea of him being an old toy that's been worn down by time
>>
>>3359111
Undertale if it was written by Vivziepop
>>
>>3427057
How about this?

>Kanako accidentally broke off one his arms when she was little and tried to glue it back together
>But since she couldn't find it, she just glued a gear instead
>Darkworld Axis has a huge piece of junk metal for an arm and uses it as weapon to bludgeon enemies
I think it's a good idea, it feeds into the Barbarian theme of having a huge unwieldy crude weapon

But how about a little hidden lore that could be revealed in a later chapter?
You know how young dogs bite into anything because of their teeth?
>She didn't actually lose the arm, she chewed it and accidentally ate it but doesn't want to admit it
>Axis has bad memories of the Great Beast
>The "Great Beast" was Kanako when she used Axis as a chew toy

Also great job on integrity, she looks like bitch. Not a rebel punk, an actual genuine bitch.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2 KB, 142x62)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
DRYanon2 here, posting this in this thread as well for some more feedback.
from left to right:
cole, kanako, june (kanako's friend), gizmo (oasis gamerkid), and mylo, integrity
>>
File: Spoiler Image (10 KB, 568x248)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>3427791
oops, wrong size and wrong order.
>>
>>3427792
Looks pretty good, anon. There's not much to pick at
>>
>>3427792
>Green Gato
Also that's a nice integrity, she also looks like bitch.
Her head is bit off centered though...and kind of broken. It should go one pixel to the right.

Maybe you should change Cole's face a little? Kinda of weird for him to keep share the face exact face as his kid self.
I think someone described as "baby face".
At least ruffle his hair a bit, like the rebellious teenager he is (He's not).
>>
>>3428635
understandable on everything else, but im just not sure how to change his face without making it look worse. i'll mess around with it a little bit and see what i can come up with.
>>
>>3427792
I can't really offer any criticism without seeing how they animate, but I disagree with the other Anon about Cole's face. I think the autism stare is incredibly charming
>>
File: Spoiler Image (119 KB, 826x731)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
yeah, i dunno.
unless you change the whole thing i dont think making cole's face look different from clover's is gunna work out well.
>>
>>3427792
Think you could try making Cole's hat bigger or wider? From the front at least, it looks more like a fedora than a cowboy hat
>>
>>3428649
Change the hair instead
>>
File: 1699273529692727.png (939 B, 100x174)
939 B
939 B PNG
>>3428658
does this work?
>>
>>3428658
>>3428684
If the game is a Deltarune fangame, shouldn't the overworld sprites be kind of boring/generic like this so that their darkworld counterparts are super cool OC kinda things?
>>
>>3428699
Normal, not boring.
You wouldn't call a normal dog boring, wouldn't you?
And, besides, it gives a start to a general rule when it comes to designs in overworld and in the dark worlds, which can be broken when the moment is right.
>>
>>3428643
No what, I mean is.
>That's literally just Clover's face copied and pasted
And I feel there can be a little more done to differentiate.
Which is why I specifically mentioned the hair.
Although the hat could be changed a little bit.
Or maybe make his head one pixel smaller.

>>3428649
Some sort of game host forcing Kanako and Cole into their show.
Why Cole is in his lightworlform?huhhhh, the darkner is spotlight is that literally capable of "bringing the light" to where they aim.
>"Can you, Kanako, know which one is the real Cole?"
>"Choose carefully, for a lighter covered darkness could take this electro-shock without a trouble"
>"But we cannot let this beacon of justice waste their talents by staying behind the curtain, can't we?
>Only one them if the real Cole you know, and the others are mere imitators
>"You have sixty second to gue-!"
>"Second one at the bottom"
>"Incorre- wait...WHAT?! How did you correctly guess?!?!"
>"I specifically made one them undistinguishable"
>"And the real one is stuck in permanent grimace of discomfort after hours of bad cowboy movies!"
>"They may look similar but theirs scents are completely different"
>"...you...smell...it...?
>"STUPID DOG"
>"YOU RUINED MY ENTIRE CHALLENGE"
>Axis was in the audience cheering the whole time
>Cheering who's side? They won't tell

With all honestly, I think number two could work.
>>
>>3428712
>the darkner is spotlight is that literally capable of "bringing the light" to where they aim.
thats... actually a really good schizoboss idea, the shadowcrystal is the lens of a spotlight.
im annoyed that i didnt think of it first.
>>
>>3428717
Yeah and there definitely some sort of theme that you can get out
>Since Cole is the PlayerCharacter, he's technically always on the spotlight
>HE IS THE SPOTLIGHT
>Specially since he can use his justice vision to force other people in the spotlight(when he sees his memories)
Maybe the boss also steals control of the Camera by making itself more important than you.

Idk, there's some sort of parallel or theme that can be drawn out this but I don't know which one.
>>
>>3428698
If the goal is to make it just look like Clover's hat from Yellow then that's almost perfect I would say. Making the hat that little bit bigger to match his more teenage body proportions certainly makes him look a little bit older.

It's more of a nitpick than anything so you can feel free to disregard it, but I think having the sides of the hat curve up a little bit more just past the dark band would give it a more defined silhouette
>>
>>3428747
the goal is to remain as close to clover's design as possible while making cole look like a teen, same with kanako, june, and gizmo. obviously there's no reference point for mylo aside from the tutu and ballet shoes.
its why im really hesitant about changing the face, there's not much you can do to make it look better without going from a completely different angle.
and if you ask me: all the humans should be mobfaced/have minimal face detail. eyes should be regulated to a 3x3 square with one color.
>>
>>3428807
I agree, don't change the face. And the bigger hat looks better, yeah.
Have you revealed any dark world design concepts yet? This might be too radical of a departure from the status quo, but if you agree with the others in more strongly distinguishing Cole from Clover, maybe go for something similar to pic related for his light world design, and repurpose the current light world design for the dark world? I recall seeing some other concepts of a Deltarune Yellow that had light world Cole use the casual outfit seen only in the neutral ending flashbacks, and I like the concept.
My personal idea would be to use the purple sweater and perhaps a slightly different haircut (eg. slightly longer or messier) for the light world. This evokes the desired feeling of "Clover but older" while still being distinct from UTY, and the casual outfit emphasizes the mundaneness of the light world. I would use his current light world outfit for the dark world, perhaps with some altered colors or additional embellishments, as well as add shadows covering his eyes like genocide Clover. The cowboy motif only being present here creates even more contrast with the light world, and the shadows invoke a more intimidating vibe befitting of an enforcer (or outlaw, depending on the route).
>>
>>3428854
Actually, the more I think about it, the second expression in >>3428649 still looks pretty good while making Cole look older than Clover and more distinguishable. The greater distance between his eyes and mouth makes his head seem a little elongated, and thus more mature. That said, I still prefer the original and wouldn't want to change it.
>>
>>3428807
If that's the vision then there's really no need to change much. Looking forward to seeing more sprites
>>
File: 1706858271003227.png (44 KB, 864x640)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>3428854
well one thing you do have to remember: toriel dresses all her kids up the same way, clover being in a shirt like that is not what he'd choose on his own. and the cowboy outfit is what clover was wearing before he fell down.
so id say if left to his own choices he'd still retain a cowboy theme
as for the dark world outfit, red verion of DRYanon1's sprites, he put those out because he initially lost interest (before coming back) so i picked them up.
here it is with the old hat.
in the light world his hat wont be on all the time, he'll take it off sometimes like at the beginning of class. then you can put it back on whenever you want, or even not at all.
>sleeping
>going into class
he'll take the hat off for these, but you can put it back on at any time, or not put it on at all.
>>3428869
>the greater distance
the problem is that just by changing it by one pixel the distance feels too great due to how his eyes look. like you'll have to walk a marathon to go from his eyes to his mouth.
adding another pixel to his mouth makes it look too wide (tried 3 wide, didnt look right)
moving his face down makes him look too derpy, or like he's constantly looking down.
maybe i could have my spriter try to change cole's head to be more like mylo's and work from there? it does give me an idea for a joke that relies on them looking the same.
>>
File: 1684105942467095.png (52 KB, 263x498)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>3428955
>everything after "in the light world his hat wont be on all the time" to the next quote
i dont know how i forgot that i already typed it out.
>>
>>3428954
up next is the flower girls as classmates. the current ideas for their sprites:
>all three
>unnatural skin tone in the light world
>all three have their respective flower growing in their hair, looks like its tucked over the ear
>no skin showing aside from the head, including hands.
>still wear sun hats
this is to help separate them from humans due to the fact that they already have a humanlike appearance in UTY.
>rosa
>prefers practicality over appearance, so unlike her sisters she's wearing a gardener outfit
>pedla
>still wears a dress, but its practical and doesnt get in the way too much when doing things a gardener would do.
>violetta
>a bit younger than her sisters. wears a dress thats completely impractical for a gardener to use.
both rosa and pedla are in the class with cole and kanako, while violetta is in the class below.
>>
>>3428955
>clover being in a shirt like that is not what he'd choose on his own
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense. Didn't think about it from the perspective of "Toriel dresses her kids up the same", more so thought of it from the perspective of "Clover would probably wear something comfortable if just hanging around the house".
>red verion of DRYanon1's sprites, he put those out because he initially lost interest (before coming back) so i picked them up
Ah, so I wasn't going insane when I recall DRYanon1 having lost interest at one point. That's why I was so confused the other day about there being two DRY developers, haha.
I'd personally switch the skin tone over to yellow like DRYanon1 did since, y'know, that's the name of the game, but I do prefer the red poncho and hat. Probably would also make the feather yellow to give the hat a yellow accent like the poncho. I'll try to edit a mockup sometime soon and see if it looks good
>maybe i could have my spriter try to change cole's head to be more like mylo's and work from there?
Given the extra work that would go into revamping all the sprites, I personally really think it's best to just stick with the current design. The joke still lands since their sprites are already very similar.

>>3428997
Is there any thematic significance behind Rosa and Pedla being twins? Maybe it's just my autism, but twins + 1 younger sister comes across to me as... lopsided and asymmetric, for lack of better terms. Given her superiority complex, I've always interpreted Rosa as the haughty eldest daughter
>>
>>3429062
>switch over to the yellow skin tone
i would, but my plan is that the yellow eyes on cole's dark world sprite activate when in a "determined" state, so i want the contrast to be there for when it matters. if the skin tone was yellow then it would take away from the contrast.

as for rosa and pedla, i feel i explained it wrong.
they arent twins, just born close enough to be within the same age group. while violetta is far away enough that she's clearly younger.
>I've always interpreted Rosa as the haughty eldest daughter
the way im taking it with my version of DRY is that rosa has an annoying "i dont care what YOU think, i'll do and say what I want :)" personality, its part of why she goes with a gardener outfit over a dress like her sisters.
pedla's well mannered and kind, wont say anything that could hurt unprompted. but when you ask for her opinion she does not shy away from deadpan bluntness and her honest opinion.
and violetta's just the sweetest kid around, has never hurt a fly before and has a smile that could melt your soul, but she isnt very assertive and is easy to push around. however she also naturally sits at a very high LV, this will NOT be treated as a character flaw.
>>
>>3429099
>if the skin tone was yellow then it would take away from the contrast.
Ah yeah, that makes sense. Sort of like how Kris has blue skin and red eyes. It'll forever bug me that Cole's color will be red in the menus though, haha.
What are the other characters' colors going to be? If Kanako is pink like DRYanon1 and Rosa will be red, I'm concerned about their menu colors being too similar.
>spoilers
Going off the "LV does not necessarily correlate to kills" idea from genocide Axis, huh? This could be interesting.
Speaking of, I still have no idea what dark world levels are in the original DR, or how they correlate with light world LV. Will the same distinction be made in DRY, or are you planning something different?
>>
>>3429188
dark world LV seems to just represent how many dark fountains have been closed, so i'll be going off of that.
>menu colors
cole - yellow, despite his sprite. (noelle's in base DR is yellow, so im not too worried considering she doesnt have yellow on her sprite.)
kanako - pink, maybe orange instead
june - something along the lines of purple, maybe cyan.
gizmo - green
mylo - blue, her soul color. still deciding on the color for her dark world sprites.
rosa - red
pedla - yellow
violetta - purple
reason why maybe orange and cyan for kanako and june's menu sprites is that excluding cole, the other seven can each correlate to a UT soul color given their abilities, personality, and/or character growth.
>>
File: 1704655551987391.png (31 KB, 1325x388)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
well the /v/ thread died so i'll just repost it here (plus some extra):
DRYanon2 here.
before i get to the dark world mechanics there are a few things i want to redo
>how the party is handled
right now its hardcoded for just cole and kanako, but this wont work out well in the future.
so im changing it a bit to have "party member slots", and then all the data of a character is managed through that slot through an array.
>movement system
the script for it is an absolute mess and will get worse with every party member, so im reworking that alongside the party
>input system
currently a mess and will result in extra work for every object that has input, so in centralizing stuff a bit.

one these are done, its on to the dark world stuff.
which will go faster than ive been doing this, ive been using the light world mechanics to learn.
for dark world mechanics...
>separate pause menu/inventory for the dark world.
>puzzles (relatively easy)
>battle system (UI LAYER HELL)
then some extra fluff for humor and i'll be good to push out a presentable tech demo for the purpose of finding spriters/artists.
my hope is to have the tech demo ready before the end of april.
>>
>>3429400
God speed, anon
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 642x509)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
I apologize if anyone is worried but progress has continued normally. My classes have returned, but at the same time my College is a fucking mess including teacher's strikes and my state is going through a storm right now, which also gave me a terrible cold. I have a little less time to work on the game now but I'm still keeping on.

I've begun readying an itch io page considering I have like 10 minutes of gameplay ready, and I'm about to begin the part I was expecting where I have to now start work on the major area. I'm still finishing up the intro (i.e, Hotlands and Alphy's Lab) with better animations, and doing proofreading on all the dialogue, but so far its practically done.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5nrF3Uvsw
Thoughts? Some Russian guys are going to re-make Bits and Pieces, with stuff from Yellow included.
>>
>>3430233
Let them do it, at least it's going to be amusing even in the case it fails.
And besides, good fucking luck for any twittards to actually do anything, i will love seeing them seethe because of the fact that they have no power over them.
>>
>/v/ thread deleted
the fuck? it was going good and strong that time.
was it because the op looked like it was furbait?
>>
File: practeece.png (283 KB, 767x763)
283 KB
283 KB PNG
>>3429790
good to hear ur keeping it up
classes have been harassing me pretty bad too. i don't need to vent my life drama but it's fucking difficult and frustrating only having time to code like one game system every two weeks.
you having all those things already working and maps being built is impressive to me, cuz i've been working for like two months and still only have basic systems coded. but i'm not gonna give up either, i'll probably spend the summer working on this, for gamedev practice at the very least.
>>
File: 1687929032159060.png (212 KB, 1117x726)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
ive made some progress on DRY2 today.
the way im setting things back up also involves needing to ditch some sprite related components and remake them, so i figured it'd be a good excuse to start reorganizing sprite images, since it'd need to be done anyways for the hat changes, also removed the back-hat from the hatless sprite from DRY1 anon's initial sprites.
going to have three image files for each character
>movement - all walking animations
>combat - all combat animations
>cutscene - pretty much everything else.
not done moving the movement sprites yet, just a little more to go on that. but im tired now so i can finish it tomorrow (also need to wait for my spriter to get on so that i can get some kanako dark world sprites with extra shading that he did)
>>
File: file.png (177 KB, 1518x567)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>3430537
>you having all those things already working and maps being built is impressive to me
Don't worry about that too much. Remember, most of the assets for these initial areas and menus were already done, I was basically just readying tilesets and copying layouts. Development already slowed down for the minor area I'm making right now since me and my artist are having to make new assets from here on out, so I have to (terribly) sketch areas and model stuff and make textures and now it takes a lot longer, like this room that is barely finished.

And I still need to finish stuff like the player menu and the battle system. Coding stuff like menus and mechanics definitely takes longer and I can imagine its even more difficult for you with the systems you're having to deal with in FNF gameplay.

But yeah, life hits, and no matter how good you are at devving, everyone slows down when you gotta deal with stuff. Keep on keeping on is what the death stranding guy says.
>>
they bringin the roba to fight sukuna next this shit is CRAZY
>>
penith shartlet
>>
File: 34a5.png (1.36 MB, 1500x2000)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>3430233
Looked at their Telegram page, stuff looks pretty promising. I'm excited to see what they deliver.
>>
File: codeFiles.png (15 KB, 258x558)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>3430960
>I can imagine its even more difficult for you with the systems you're having to deal with in FNF gameplay
so far, most of what i've been doing isn't related to FNF at all, it's mainly just the fact that haxeflixel is a non-GUI engine and i'm having to make basic stuff from scratch (collision, dialogue, character objects, movement controllers, etc.) and a lot of this stuff is a first-time for me.
but I'm sure once i get to customizing the FNF gameplay for my purposes, that'll pose its own challenge. all that code is pretty complicated but luckily the person whose engine i'm using did a great job cleaning up all the code in general.

that room and the color theming looks great by the way. genuinely dude, you have the initiative to make this and the skills to back it up unlike any other UTY fan project i've seen so far, most of which are super conceptual
>>
File: 1706707402189055.png (78 KB, 613x678)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
which shading for cole's hat looks better?
my preference is bottom left but i gotta know what you guys think.
>>
>>3432785
I'm partial to the darker color so any of the bottom row is what I'd say. Matching the hat to be closer in color to the hat makes aesthetic sense
>>
>>3432788
Closer to the boots*
>>
>>3432788
>>3432791
agreed, but the top color is what my spriter gave, so i decided to see opinions on that one.
>>
File: Feedback.png (31 KB, 411x510)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>3432785
Here's my terribly conveyed feedback. Your spriter is really good so pass my compliments on to them, matching the little color trimmings is just good design. You could try giving making either the boots the same color as the hat or the hat the same color as the boots to see how that looks.
I think the hat color on the top row is a little too fleshy with the tone being too close to his facial complexion
>>
File: Spoiler Image (27 KB, 563x457)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>3432804
note: DRYanon1 did the inital cole sprites, the red recolor is from a while ago, and the brim was changed only recently.
but if you want the other dark world sprites, i suppose its a good moment for feedback on those too:
>kanako recently recolored, to be a bit further from cole.
>other three are original
>june's design idea is a priest like theme
>gizmo's is a steampunk theme. it took us too long to actually make it look good.
>still tinkering around with the color of mylo's sprite a bit. plan is to put a band in the hair and push her a bit closer to a cyan/white theme but we have other priorities at the moment.
>i do not know why he insists on using the shaded face sprites for cole
all designs tie into a character's abilities and elemental pair
>cole of course is [gun/justice], fights with a gun, acts are focused on the justice gimmick of sparing/fighting enemies based on crimes.
>kanako is [bash/fox], [bash] attacks ignore some defense, [fox] is mostly just for fluff (hah) her real second element is hidden.
>june is [elec/holy], [elec] spells are all multi target, [holy] spells scale off of how "guilty" a darkner feels over their crimes.
>gizmo (oasis gamerkid) is [mech/(dunno yet)], [mech] features minibots similar to the guardner fight. still deciding on the second element.
>mylo is [whip/integrity], fights with tassel-like whips. still deciding on how to integrate the idea of integrity into her acts.

as for the feedback
>boot and hat color mismatch
i actually didnt notice, guess i'll try another shading recolor quick.
>>
File: 1687585661747084.png (112 KB, 901x921)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>3432825
yeah i think we have a winner.
i'll probably go with top left unless people say otherwise.
>>
>>3432826
actually looking at it a bit more, top right.
>>
>/v/ thread is unusable
fun.
>>
File: feedback2.png (103 KB, 1512x1119)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>3432825
I will try my best to give some adequate feedback, I'll try to be as constructive as possible and any suggestions I give are exclusively what I would personally do if i was in charge of the project. None of this should be construed as anything similar to "gross, change it now."

Dark world:
Mylo -- Overall good sprite but questionable colors in my opinion.
She is very, very blue-- Looks kind of monotone when mixing teal, aqua, blue and seafoam. Basically needs some more color pallet variety
Design itself is solid, she gives off some light BDSM tones which is probably what you're going for with her whip element but the color palette also gives the impression of a water themeing
The exact blue of the integrity soul should be present in the pallet too if that's also intended to be part of her elemental theming
I would maybe try giving her skin tone the treatment Cole got with his recolor, just darkening her light world skin color a little more to be a nice sandy color to be a complimentary shade to the rest of her pallet.
Again, very good design; my issues are solely with the colors. The mask + heels play into the whip abilities without going so far as to invoke the ire of making an assumed minor a full bdsm queen.

June:
My favorite of the three original sprites, quality stuff.
The color of her necklace matching her light world hair color is very smart and it pairs nicely with the lilacs and lavendars in her color scheme.
The only suggestion I could make is so minor you might not even need it, but she could maybe use another accent with that yellow color. I think maybe a dangling earring on her left ear could work, and it'd also balance nicely against her big wing.
She doesn't immediately give off a 'Holy' theme though with her design. If you want that, you might want just give her some kind of holy themed circlet/tiara or maybe even just a generic anime healer hat. I tried to paste an example hat but ms paint wont let me move it

1 of 2
>>
>>3432902
>>mylo
>questionable colors
yeah, im trying to push the spriter to a pallet that makes you think of snow/ice
>she gives off some light BDSM tones
not the goal with the mask and whips.
the whips were just an idea we stuck with, i liked them because the idea reminded me of the long ribbons that some dancers use which fits in the implications of integrity's UT items.
and the mask represents her character growth, it'll only be present in the first chapter, after that it'll be taken off and the shading on her face will go from full, to visible eyes, to none as she appears in future chapters.
>The exact blue of the integrity soul should be present in the pallet too if that's also intended to be part of her elemental theming
cole's yellow eyes and integrity's blue eyes will activate in a determined state. but yeah should probably have the exact soul shade of blue on the final sprite somewhere.
>>june
noted on the holy theming, will bring it up with the spriter.
>wing
thats a tail, anon. she's a bug.
same with her 'ear', i think(?) its supposed to be an antenna. would probably hurt for a put an earring on it.
>>
>>3432924
>would probably hurt for a put an earring on it.
oops.
well, you get the idea.
>>
File: Feedback3.png (217 KB, 1846x1205)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>3432825

2 of 3*

Kanako:
Good colors, they look and feel very rich in the right ways.
Only thing I can say is that the fur (flesh?) on her face and ears blends in her hair in a similar way to Mylo's DW sprite, albeit to a much lesser degree. Super minor overall issue overall though you could slap her in as is and nobody would complain. I'd try to play with her hair color a little more but that's my own preference.

Sakura colored flesh-fur is super cute, keep that aspect no matter what.
The corn yellow on the hair ornament and kimono is great.
The only other bit of feedback I can give is that I can't tell if her costume design is supposed to be samurai sword maiden inspired or shrine maiden inspired. the Bash element makes me assume it's intended to be the latter, in which case you could try giving her a ribbon like her mother has in UTY or a generic 2hu ribbon. If I were to add something like that to her design I'd try to color match part of it to the white on her boots

Gizmo:
This one is real rough in both color scheme and design.
The color scheme given to his darkworld sprite is just kind of like baby food, for a lack of better ways to describe it. It's hard to describe but I guess it doesn't feel like he has the same richness/vibrancy that the other ones have? Next to the others his colors just seem muted
Costume design wise he seems to be having an identity crisis-- it's probably just a reflection of the "[mech/(dunno yet)]" that was listed in his elemental types.
I do not get the steampunk impression at all, I get more of frankestein's monster vibe with the colors and costuming
If you want a steampunk look, I don't think you can get around not having some of the iconic elements such as gears/clocks/tophat/goggles/two piece suit/ect.
The easiest thing you might be able to do might be to turn the monocle into goggles that go over both eyes, this would solve the problem of his army green eye touching olive green face.

2 of 3
>>
>>3432935
Cont.

Steampunk is just a hard because at it's core, it is just a simple victorian aesthetic with a hundred intricate tiny details which is tough to do with such limited retail space on the sprites.
Really all I feel like i can do with Gizmo is give random suggestions which in hindsight I don't feel is exactly conducive to constructive feedback.

>>3432924
>thats a tail, anon
I guess I can see it that way, my brain just interpreted the sprite as like one winged bat/butterfly thing.

Anyways, I hope this feed back was at least a little helpful. I wanted to give people more than just one or two sentences of feedback while trying to be honest in ways you twitter/reddit/discord people might not be. Again, your spriter is good and I think I can see enough of the vision starting to take shape
>>
>>3432935
>>kanako
understandable on color blending, will bring that up too.
>costume design
its what the original DRY anon did, so i guess you'd need to ask him.
>[bash] element
based off of her kanabo.
>>gizmo
yeah out of the three he's gone through the most design iterations, this one we agreed was "good enough" for the moment and moved on.
>color scheme
now that you've brought it up, yeah it does seem to need a little more variety.
>goggles
yeah, probably should be mirrored.
>consume is having an identity crisis
that... actually fits into his character growth somewhat.
>steampunk vibe >>3432942
yeah it needs work, like i said he is just the "shit what the fuck are we supposed to do?" character.
his thing is that he's a support, but he doesnt want to be. he'd rather be "useful" in that he's the one actively doing stuff to push the group forward. but even in combat he's completely reliant on the minibots to do anything aside from trying to brute force it.
going off of the gamerkid thing - we thought about a more anime/high tech theme, but that overlaps with burgerlehy too much.
tried a cyberpunk style design, nothing looked right
so we went to steampunk, will definitely pass these suggestions onto the spriter once he gets back on online in a few hours.
>Anyways, I hope this feed back was at least a little helpful.
very much so and what ive actually been looking for.
>>
File: 1711248577006776.png (62 KB, 763x454)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
anyways on the hat shading, for the side im not sure if i should go with left or right.
left - for parity with the forward/back sprite
right - accentuating the upward curve that cowboy hats have on the sides.
>>
>>3432951
Between the two I'd say left. The front of the hat extends out far enough that the one pixel on the side doesn't make it seem like his brim is perfectly circular like the the UTY sprite did
>>
>>3432948
Glad to hear it. Hopefully I can get some similar feedback someday
>>
File: 1684966421178286.png (15 KB, 634x605)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>3432948
>its what the original DRY anon did, so i guess you'd need to ask him.
I based it off this drawing, but I'm not that great of an artist so I cobbled it together from ceroba's uty dress
same with cole's clothes, essentially kris' boots and starlo's poncho but smaller
>>
File: GJZk4XJbwAAFGu2.jfif.jpg (41 KB, 680x507)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Now this a monster Clover, who's to say that the revived human would come back looking all nice and healthy?
My favourite part of the design are the multiple eyes, I was thinking of something similar.
It fits with the "looking into people's memories" thing and with the association of Judgment with eyes thanks to Sans's glowy eye.
Since you, at least in UTY clover is actually the soul of Judgement, not Justice.

Can't say I'm fan of the shoulders or the smile, making the creepy creature smile is overdone.
>>
>>3433368
It's a bit too edgy I thinks and I would say that's because he seems to possess all of the most basic of 'scary' qualities. Multiple eyes, inhuman smile, uncanny nose and elongated/disproportionate limbs all in the same design. It appears to be art for a Friday Night Funkin' mod so I can't call it bad saying as it's designed well to probably appeal to the FNF target audience of children.

I don't quite know what you mean by 'monster clover,' as if you mean "Monster" in the UT/DR sense of them just being weird lil guys or "Monster" as in the horror sense. I think you're spot on and that the eyes should be central to his design. I'd go for something a bit more subtle given Clover's simple design in the source personally.
>>
>>3433368
that is far too edgy for a normal monster anon, it comes across as what a 12 year old would make as their monster OC
>>
>>3433606
>"Monster" as in the horror sense
This one, but it was kinda of pun or play on words so I get the confusion.
Yes, it's an extremely generic design, most of the creppy stuff has no reason to be there.
>That nose is bad
>And he's leaking piss
>Why are the hands yellow? why?
>The teeth too? That boy needs to brush his mouth
>The hair is spiky for some reason

The only thing I enjoy are the multiples eyes, like I said, it works with the "eyes of judgement" theme of undertale.
I feel like a horror Monster Clover would carry a mostly stoic expression, with the mouth not moving or stiched shut while the eyes do all the emoting.
>>
>>3433368
I agree with the other anons, that's just clover.exe
the only excuse you could get away with it is if it was an OFF like situation where that is how the monsters see clover in the geno route or something, or you hide it as a secret somewhere and it isn't explained at all
>>
>>3433813
>eyes of judgement
>horror monster clover would carry a mostly stoic expression

What I would do is keep the eyes and remove the entirety of the face. Make his hat much bigger so that it always casts a shadow of where his face would be as sort of the hidden face he has on the genocide route. Keep just two piercing yellow eyes, basically just make him a ghost cowboy-- sort of a faceless embodiment of the concept of justice.
>>
>>3433957
I think you just reinvented Ace's design.
>>
File: ceroba_concept.png (1.33 MB, 1600x2000)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
ceroba concept to help my consistency when i draw her in flash. i did one for martlet too but this one's more finalized.
>>
>>3434516
She looks befuddled and I might even say confused. Like she's stupid.
Good work anon, you got Ceroba's character perfectly.

Well jokes aside, good works again but more real this time. Looks pretty good although it's weird to she her with paws, most people don't actually do that.
Even though they should.
>>
File: 1682213866205536.webm (175 KB, 1304x1080)
175 KB
175 KB WEBM
DRYanon2 here.
i spent two days trying to fix a stupid fucking stutter/stairstep/jitter/whatfuckingever bug.
its what caused me to lose interest in my last project as well.
im not giving up on this one just because of the bug, but i genuinely have no idea what to do.
i know what the problem is, but i just dont know how to solve it.
(1/2)
>>
File: 1680038085241359.png (7 KB, 801x786)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3435124
... so the image explains the problem pretty well
the green line is the desired behavior, if a sprite is perfectly lined up to the corners/center of a screen pixel and moves diagonally, then it'll move in a smooth pattern.
BUT if its not perfectly lined up then we'll get a situation like the red line and webm, where the sprite will render in a staircase-like pattern because its entering pixels in a staircase like pattern.
thing is that i dont know how to line it up.
going to continue with the tech demo and leave the bug alone for the moment, but this has to be fixed at some point in the near future.
>>
>>3435125
maybe when moving diagonally you could set the subpixel values equal to or inverse of each other, depending on the direction
that way both the X and Y decimals would theoretically hit .000 or .500 at the same time, and i'd assume that would prevent any rounding issues
>>
>>3435124
I don't think that is movement related (if the code is working normally) but rather camera update issues, at least from my experience
changing where the camera logic is in (lateupdate or fixedupdate) usually tweaked it, you can also multiply the movement by deltatime * 60 to see if it fixes it
>>
File: 1704414840060942.webm (70 KB, 1304x1080)
70 KB
70 KB WEBM
>>3435242
>>3435287
fixed it, and yes it was movement related.
i had cole moving diagonally at a speed 70% as fast as in cardinal directions, which is what was causing this >>3435125
there's still a few instances where moving diagonally causes the jitter, but that'll mostly be about fine tuning
>changing where the camera logic is in (lateupdate or fixedupdate) usually tweaked it
thats a completely separate issue that i already solved.
this one is specifically about how things are rendered on your screen.
>>
NOT A FICKING RPG
>>
>>3435967
>i had cole moving diagonally at a speed 70% as fast as in cardinal directions, which is what was causing this
For what it's worth, that should make movement more faithful to the original games. Undertale doesn't normalize its movement vectors.
I have a question, which might come across as unhelpful or ignorant since I'm not especially familiar with Unity. What settings are you using for your camera and imported textures? I came across this post from the Unity website, and was wondering if perhaps changing some settings might get rid of the shimmering if it's still happening. Full disclosure, I haven't actually tried doing any of these myself yet
https://blog.unity.com/games/2d-pixel-perfect-how-to-set-up-your-unity-project-for-retro-8-bits-games
>>
File: 1700535277942277.png (13 KB, 502x155)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>3435978
>shimmering
first step: install pixel perfect plugin & cinemachine (install through the asset manager)
second step: set up the cinemachine camera
you'll need two game objects:
>object 1: has the scene camera, cinemachine brain, and the pixel perfect component
>object 2: has the cinemachinevirtualcamera and the cinemachine pixel perfect component (need to add this one through the CMVC component's "add extension" option
third step: setup the pixel perfect component
>assets pixels per unit
this is how many pixels compose one tile of world space, as a general rule this should be equal to how big a full tile on your tilemap is (so if a single tilemap tile is 20 pixels across, PPU is 20).
this setting has to be the same on ALL of your sprites to avoid shimmering and mixel nonsense.
>reference resolution
this is what the game window will sit at naturally, for DR this is 1280x960, for UT this is 640x480
>upscale render texture, pixel snapping
ignore these, makes things jittery.
>crop frame
if the reference resolution doesnt fill your whole screenspace, this will add sidebars/topbars rather than showing whats outside of that space.
if you enable both, you'll get a 'stretch fill' option but that makes things blurry.
id recommend only enabling X on this, you can enable Y to remain true to DR's aspect ratio but it'll look a bit funny since you have top bars and sidebars.
your aspect ratio the wont be exact to base DR in fullscreen, but base DR's fullscreen also has mixel nonsense on standard size monitors. they'll both still show the same amount of the game world horizontally, leaving y disabled gives you some extra space on the top/bottom (but you shouldnt use this space for mandatory information/ui stuff since it'll be cropped outside of fullscreen.
>>
>>3435998
oops >>3435982
also i thought you were asking for help.
in short: shimmering is NOT the issue.
>>
>>3436000
Y'know what, this simultaneously completely answered what I was wondering and provides a lot of useful information should I ever make a pixel art game using Unity. Thanks for the info, and sorry for wasting your time lol
>>
>>3436021
not really a waste, i was just waiting for plants to grow in heavily modded minecraft at that moment anyways.
but as for what shimmering is, it happens when the whole scene is rendered at an inappropriate size, causing it to constantly appear "shifty" due to mixels.
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 615x594)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>3435998
Unrelated but a bit of my woes with Godot
>There's an option on the project settings to snap 2D transforms and vertices to pixel, doing the whole thing automatically for 2D Canvas Items
>Vertice snapping is pretty niche, but snapping 2D transforms is useful to a lot of pixel indie devs to keep the game more crisp looking and avoid weird pixel stretching
>EXCEPT
>On the version I'm in (4.2), that setting, which used to work fine in 3.5 and before, is straight up programmed wrong, in that it *always* floors the pixel positions, instead of just, like, rounding them to the nearest integer, which made the whole thing fucking look like garbage and mess up the look of things in movement (check at https://github.com/godotengine/godot/pull/87297 , the fix is literally switching the floor function to a round function)
>They're FINALLY fixing it... in 4.3
Like, I don't really need it and the game still looks fine without it but it made my game look a bit better except for the part where it fucked up a lot of things for no reason and I'm a bit pissed I'll have to wait for that update to test it out (which will probably break a lot of other things)
>>
>>3436594
You could always compile a version of 4.2 with that fix in yourself, but yeah sometimes it takes way too long for something simple to be pushed into the main branch for apparently no reason at all
>>
>>3437631
I know how to do that but it's a minor thing and there are other features I want from 4.3 as well. Also the current build of the game has a small fix for the issue already (forced integer scaling)
>>
>>3437730
>forced integer scaling
how do you do that?
I tried messing with the scaling window settings but still have some weird pixel seams here and there
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 1476x462)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>3438704
Window Settings on your project settings.
this makes it so the main viewport will automatically resize itself in order to have squared pixels based on the screen's resolution. Usually it's fine on 1080p screens but it will leave black bars sometimes and will resize itself to tiny sizes if you resize it too small (pic related. My game has a base window size of 640x480 on boot. Since that's a resolution where the pixels can be squared perfectly, it fits perfectly. However, if I scale down the window just a bit, it resizes the main viewport down to 320x240, in order to avoid pixel stretching)
>>
>>3438719
I tried that but still have issues (specifically when the camera is moving at less than 1 unit per frame)
I tried a 4.3 beta build and while the snap is fixed and fixes this issue, too much stuff is still broken in it so I will just wait until it releases in full
>>
>>3438719
Are you the guy who made vidrel?
https://files.catbox.moe/yjrxr5.mp4
If so is it going to be a mod to rewrite the pacifist ending or a standalone game that builds off of Yellow?
>>
File: file.png (62 KB, 1281x978)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>3439373
Yeah that's me, Godotanon. I'd say it's a fangame that is also a pacifist ending rewrite. I should probably re-record that video, though there isn't much new to show off despite that final cutscene being fully done and better written, and some minor polish here and there.
The divergence starts from the point where Starlo finds the basement, as in, he never does (as instead of going to Ceroba's house while you're in Steamworks, Starlo meets with Martlet and they both go look for Ceroba and Clover). It goes from there to a completely different scenario, featuring a whole new area, new mechanics and new endings. I hope the whole thing will be about the length of two major zones so it's not that small.

also I can't possibly call it a mod since it's in a different engine. I'm having to remake every single thing from scratch. It's also why its not the whole game, as it begins exactly at the point that video starts.
>>
>>3439393
just realized the CORE picture on the background has the dead pixel from the original god damn it
>>
File: 1709497791261653.png (304 KB, 720x845)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>3439441
>>
File: 1705615762893890.gif (1.04 MB, 640x640)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>>3439476
oh my fucking god lmao
on the topic of Gaster, he kind of pisses me off because the story/plot I wrote for my game has some extremely strong ties to him, but I absolutely despise gasterwank. I'm not going to write him out of the story, but I'll absolutely try to keep his annoying shit to a minimun. Thankfully I have some OCs that will show up to entertain the player in the new area, beyond the UTY gang.
>>
File: the pixel.png (12 KB, 479x120)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>3439441
I purposefully added a dead pixel into my boss room, just like toby did for the queen's arena in chapter 2 after he didnt fix the one in chapter 1
I hope he does it again in chapter 3+
>>
File: 1703916039503931.png (124 KB, 718x281)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>3439486
Hello? Based Department?
>>
>>3439393
Oh, so if it's not a mod then, will you at least add a way to import a save file from the original Undertale Yellow so that there can be continuity of inventory? I would like to keep my Golden Bandana.
>>
File: file.png (257 KB, 580x578)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>3439551
I have thought about that and I could probably do it with some annoying work but I don't want to promise it before checking with some people that are more knowledgeable on this sort of stuff than me. I might have to offer a save conversion tool or something to make that happen since my game's save file architecture is very different from a UTY save file (since they're games in different engines after all), but the UTY save file seems very easy to "read", so I'll assume it's possible. There's also the fact that my game always begins directly at that scene after the axis fight, so letting it read something like a genocide file or a file of early game could be kinda weird, but that's not my concern since I would only be reading the items and stats. My game also kicks you off with a "premade" pretend save file with appropriate gear and items too in case you don't have one. For now, I'll say yes, but the combat encounter design in my game is a bit different from UTY, so don't worry about it too much.
>>
>>3439558
Obviously you'd only be with Ceroba if it were a pacifist run, so I think you could keep stats at LV 1 and filter out everything in the inventory that isn't obtainable in Pacifist. Everything else (inventory + bag), mail, money would be fair game.
To be honest there's probably some preprocessing you would have to do to convert the two, but you could probably do it with something simple like a Python script or something that wouldn't even have to be part of the game (write a README file that tells the player to run the script before launching the game), but I assume you'd prefer to have all that done in game which is much less retarded
>>
File: file.png (275 KB, 1876x888)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>3439562
it's kinda like "I don't have an item reference to get the IDs they use for the box and mail to convert" type of deal. Pre-processing is mandatory since my save file is organized differently by default. I'll probably deal with it once I actually start making up the item reference sheet and converting them into IDs, and by that point I'll find and grab a reference to Yellow's IDs from someone in the process. Most of the player's gear in Yellow's save files is just plain text, but I'd need a full reference sheet to convert it from Yellow to my game. (The save file stats on the right is just a placeholder for me to test stuff, but item interactions already work)
>>
>>3439567
adding a bit, I found a save editor ( https://github.com/KockaAdmiralac/uty-save-editor ) and I'll probably comb through their stuff to check if I can get the stuff I need, so this might be solved very soon
>>
https://youtu.be/XLkV9V2xnX8
>>
>>3439393
i was contemplating today how exactly a rewrite would work.
after all the debating and discussion on /v/ it's pretty clear to me that the implied canon ending (clover sacrificing himself) is just not as good as it could be. but to cut the devs some slack, in order to be "canon" clover basically does need to die some way or another within like, a year or less after falling into the ruins, mainly because they included alphys's lab.
i really want to make some take on Cover Up The Footprints as the ending to the FNF mod, where ceroba receives closure and ideally kanako gets to live, but how would that even work if clover has to die? how much would have to be rewritten? i really want to figure that out
>>
ceroba is so hot
>>
>>3440495
kys
>>
>>3440495
based
>>3440548
cringe
>>
File: GKCOti2WgAE2x0F.jpg (86 KB, 955x833)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>3440478
Yeah, I also have some "thoughts" on the ending, but at this point I'm not as pissed off as I used to be about it, and now I'm mostly just a bit lukewarm to the whole thing. It really feels like they cut a section of the game, and it leaves a lot unresolved, like the whole Kanako situation, which Ceroba just straight up gives up on despite her being obsessed about it (to be fair, you do literally defeat her completely). I don't mind Clover dying to tie into Undertale, but my issue is that is happens almost out of the nowhere, doesn't solve the major problem of Ceroba's plot, and requires Clover to make an absolutely insane judgement leap out of the nowhere. It took me a while to realize why they even did it at all.

Like, I get it. The devs probably had to cut some stuff and write with what they have, so I'm not gonna complain much about it, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth from an otherwise very well written game.

For my game, it starts up pretty simple, but things spiral out of control real quick and it goes into a completely different direction that none of the characters even expected. It's still about Ceroba, Kanako and Clover's situation, but I also wanted to explore Starlo and Martlet more as well (since they never really confront Ceroba on what she does to Clover, at all), so they also get dragged in. I feel like many of the zones in Yellow feels like they're meant to be parallels to Undertale, so I tried to make something deliberately not inspired by Undertale, but I'll still keep the Undertale feel. I'll also offer non-canon endings in my game but the general gist is that the "main" one will tie into Undertale while also resolving the Kanako situation. Some absolutely insane bullshit occurs to make that happen.

The new area is meant to be a wild fucking ride, and I tried to make Kanako's deal a bit more funnier and interesting, considering her unique situation compared to the other amalgamates.
>>
>>3440658
>I don't mind Clover dying to tie into Undertale, but my issue is that is happens almost out of the nowhere
Only tangentially related, but I've heard people say they like the flawed pacifist ending better since it more naturally ties into Undertale. On paper, yeah, an "Asgore kills Clover" ending works neatly as a sequel hook, but coming from the Ceroba fight where Clover could big shot and DASH THROUGH BULLETS, an unwinnable fight against Asgore feels forced. I could buy the idea in, say, some kind of neutral ending where Clover doesn't get any fancy justice powers, and that could have sufficed as the game's one canon ending.

Anyways part of why I bring all this up is because you mentioned this:
>the "main" ending will tie into Undertale while also resolving the Kanako situation. Some absolutely insane bullshit occurs to make that happen.
I don't know what you have planned, so maybe it wraps up neater than you made it sound. But I personally think you shouldn't be afraid to break canon if it makes for more cohesive writing, rather than corner yourself trying to neatly tie into Undertale. I think we all would have preferred a TPE ending where Clover lives in the Underground and donates his soul after naturally passing away, canonicity be damned.
>>
File: asgore.webm (1.78 MB, 576x1024)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB WEBM
>>3440690
>an unwinnable fight against Asgore feels forced.
I could see it happen if you consider Asgore wasn't fucking around by that point yet and wasn't fully depressed, so he was coming at you at full power (although they didn't make some cool visuals for it). Like, you need to consider Asgore was on some absolutely cracked shit to be the frontline in the war against humans and survive without any injuries, so I doubt he would have trouble against children, compared to him basically forcing you to kill him in UT, so he can have an easy way out and not deal with humans again. Something cool they could have went with is showing that Clover's death is what breaks Asgore's will after he finds out Clover was beloved by many monsters.
>I've heard people say they like the flawed pacifist ending better since it more naturally ties into Undertale.
It's because of some old ass tweet Toby did where he specifies all the kids died at Asgore, instead of them dying at different areas in the UG. Toby did already said most of his tweets aren't canon, but he's a cheeky fuck so who knows (I don't and I don't care)?

>But I personally think you shouldn't be afraid to break canon if it makes for more cohesive writing, rather than corner yourself trying to neatly tie into Undertale.
I do want to tie into Undertale but I also want to give all characters closure. And it's not like I can be *too* canon compliant to Undertale since UTY seems to have several elements that break UT canon anyways, and I'm going with UTY's setup to begin with so I'm not that worried about UT. I don't even want to use the "Asgore kills the children directly" tweet or anything.
Also I'm pretty confident the reason why Clover dies at all in the way it currently happens in the game is because it was supposed to happen during the True Lab to save Kanako in some way. Probably soul purification or some shit. If they weren't planning with that it would have been something more dramatic or calmer like you suggest.
>>
>>3440909
Any ideas for what the True Lab is going to look like? Would it still be lit up and clean, because it's the time when the True Lab had active research being conducted? Will you add more areas of the True Lab than were depicted in Undertale?
>>
>>3440909
>I doubt he would have trouble against children
I dont think he's so strong a fight against him pre-frisk would be outright impossible, given he helped train Undyne iirc and she does the opposite of holding back against a child, and she can still go down pretty handily, especially when you consider the possiblity of Undyne the Undying being stronger than or comparable to Asgore and once again still being able to be taken down by a child. Hell Toriel is a boss monster too but can still get taken down in 1 hit when still ready for a fight
I can still see Asgore being incredibly powerful, but the reason the children gave up against him was just because they died to him too many times to keep trying, not because he was outright unwinnable. Dying hurts, ya know?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (131 KB, 1241x731)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>3441580
>Any ideas for what the True Lab is going to look like? Will you add more areas of the True Lab than were depicted in Undertale?
To get you up to speed with my schizoposting, my game is not about the True Lab at all. It's too small and too limiting for the insane bullshit I wanted to do, so I pulled out something new out of my ass. The game takes place in a new area that's completely different and at least as large as an entire major zone. Pic related (WIP). A lot of designs and the entire outline for the script is ready.
>Would it still be lit up and clean, because it's the time when the True Lab had active research being conducted?
I actually do show you the True Lab for some moments, but don't expect to see much of it in my game. You leave Alphys' lab within like 10 minutes of gameplay and you don't even enter the True Lab during it (at least on my current build, which has the entire Hotlands area mostly done already).
>>3441595
>I can still see Asgore being incredibly powerful, but the reason the children gave up against him was just because they died to him too many times to keep trying, not because he was outright unwinnable. Dying hurts, ya know?
This is what I was thinking. He's not unwinnable, but he is so absurdly strong that the kids turned off the game and gave up. it's why he doesn't even flinch when you tell him how many times you've died to him, he's heard it all before. But yeah it's not 100% to what the UTY devs did.
>>
File: ceroba_turnSheet.png (3.22 MB, 2767x2457)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
lol jannies nuked the /v/ thread again

>>3440658
agreed on clover dying. i love pokemon mystery dungeon 2, and its ending is good because even though you die, you saved the world from destruction, and your partner ultimately comes out of it as a stronger and more complete person.
not only does clover's death abruptly end all the gaping plot points, but it contradicts the entire message up to that point: that it's not worth giving up lives for causes, or "the greater good."
both of these endings are bittersweet and emotional, but only one of them is actually satisfying.

>>3440690
>canonicity be damned if it obstructs better writing
i was brainstorming writing, going over what's canon and what i'd have to work within, and i agree, a lot of what's "canon" is utterly retarded.
>kanako was alive to almost get killed by the fourth human
>she's probably eight or nine when the seventh human (clover) falls down
>logically, souls 3-6 fell down within the span of a few years
>yet "we've been trapped down here for eternity" and there's teams of scientists attempting to break the barrier without human soul power
i swear to god there must be zero sense of time in the underground. honestly i doubt an ending where clover gets to live a long life and his soul donated to the cause once the time comes would raise many red flags.
but i feel like clover not dying would make people complain "it was supposed to be bittersweet." who knows.
>>
The 0 dollar janny man STRIKES AGAIN
>>
File: 1711670573584938.png (111 KB, 1032x493)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
alright so my spriter has been working on the feedback for these >>3432825
kanako recolor was done, and now june's sprite was finished a few days ago. he's working on mylo and gizmo now.
left is what he made, middle and right are two edits i made.
i wanted to see if i could make the religiously-neutral cross a bit closer to looking like its supposed to be the deltarune, but there's NOT that much space to work with for the symbol.
im also halfway through updating the dialogue system. will continue on that in a little bit.
>>
>>3441679
Idk I just headcanon that Monsters age slower than humans even with kids. It's the only way the world kind of makes a modicum of sense.
>>
File: church.png (10 KB, 159x352)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>3441681
If you don't have enough room for the full Deltarune, you could try just the top half with the wings. In the game the church just puts that on top of the steeple.

From those options though I like the right one the most. Reminds me of a scapular.
>>
>>3441679
they could have just made flawed pacifist the "canon" ending and continue with true pacifist going to kanako
hell, even the neutral ending could be split in half, where if you are above a certain LV you fight flowey, but otherwise it just goes into the asgore ending
>>
>>3441679
>>3441703
at least if anything, the regular ending inspired so much more fan creativity than the alternative would have
doesn't mean that it's satisfying to get plot-blocked by canonicity, but at least we're seeing a more positive side of the fandom sprout from it.
>>
>>3440909
>(although they didn't make some cool visuals for it)
If they did that while letting you keep Mew Mew Love Blaster, I'd be a lot less critical. The rest of the game makes a point of Clover being much weaker than Frisk by using bullet patterns harder than the original game. Making Asgore's fight some depraved bullshit would have been in line with the rest of the game's gameplay-story integration while driving the point home that he's taking the fight seriously. Having an alternate, non canon ending if you somehow managed to win instead of forcing you to lose would have also made the entire scenario feel less contrived.

>Something cool they could have went with is showing that Clover's death is what breaks Asgore's will after he finds out Clover was beloved by many monsters.
I really like this idea. Would explain a lot about the sudden shift in attitude between games.

>it was supposed to happen during the True Lab to save Kanako in some way
I've heard this too, with kanakotime and all. I just have no idea how that could have realistically gone down lol

>I do want to tie into Undertale but I also want to give all characters closure.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm just hoping you're able to have your cake and eat it too, and if you don't think it's gonna work out, don't try to force it down or anything.
Either way, I'm real excited to see what you're cooking. If I can consider UTY better than UT despite its pacifist endings being kinda out there, I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy whatever you put out.
>>
>>3441679
>pmd2
>both of these endings are bittersweet and emotional, but only one of them is actually satisfying
I've never played Explorers, but I know the general idea of how the story goes, and all PMD games do the same goodbye ending schtick anyway. I did play through the main game of Rescue Team, and I did find dragging the main character back into pokeymanz isekai after all that grieving cheapened the impact. I think Super did it right in having the partner become the main character for the postgame and fight to bring back their friend, Chrono Trigger style.
So honestly, I'd say both endings aren't as satisfying as they could have been, albeit for inverse reasons. UTY hits below the belt, whereas the PMD games pull too many of their punches (sans Super, I guess).

>but i feel like clover not dying would make people complain "it was supposed to be bittersweet." who knows.
The most bittersweet part of a hypothetical, non canon "Clover lives" ending is that we know that's not what truly happened. Being able to see the exact happy and healthy life our dear cowboy should have had, all the while knowing none of it is real, would hurt even more.
>>
File: 1699067763763475.png (147 KB, 658x896)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>3441690
so i had my spriter make a hat.
this snowballed into a few other design choices and now we've got an anthill of combinations.
>1st and 3rd columns - earrings
>2nd and 4th columns - no earrings
>1st and 3rd rows - original cross necklace
>2nd and 4th rows - new necklace
>1st square of four - no hat
>2nd square of four - hat with a "folded" appearance on the top. not sure how much i like it
>3rd square of four - hat with no fold
>4th square of four - a slightly taller hat.
my current preference is row 4, column 2. but naturally i want to know what you guys think.
>>
>>3441908
The hat adds a lot I think. I'm partial to the smaller hat as well as the new necklace, so I'd go with either of left-most bottom row. The earrings are cute but I'm not married to them, the 'angel' insignia on the hat matching the colors on the necklace takes most of the reason I suggested earrings in the first place
>>
File: 1711890049840302.gif (267 KB, 720x720)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
>>
>>3353317
Yeah why did Toby make the most insufferable character in the game the only one you can’t kill?
>>
>>3441908
i like the 4th row's 3rd and 4th column. maybe having earrings is a bit too much, but i like it
>>
File: waltDead.gif (3.91 MB, 400x224)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>>3441848
rescue team is more of an actual isekai, and you return to your world instead of really dying, while in explorers, you were actually a human from that same world, and you complete your mission knowing it will actually kill you.
i do think the post-credits scene where you just get revived to allow for post-game really does take the piss out of the ending, but structurally everything before that point makes for a pretty good (and sad) ending, especially for a game meant for eight-year-olds.
never played super but i heard it's pretty good too.

hard pivot, but even breaking bad is a great example of a bittersweet ending that could be compared here. it ties up every loose end, and there's some silver lining in spite of the overwhelming destruction and grief. i think the closure is the important part of any ending, and undertale yellow just leaves you with this huge cliffhanger that's like a kick in the balls.

you're probably right on that last point there. i guess enjoying a satisfying heartwarming ending, and facing the grim reality of canon, don't have to be mutually exclusive. i might actually go with that: maybe after ceroba's fight, she concedes to clover's will, and then you can choose to go to asgore for the "true ending", or save kanako for the "good ending".
>>
File: roba dance.gif (1021 KB, 685x671)
1021 KB
1021 KB GIF
>>3441648
Oh, so you're the man behind picrel
So you're making a 3D section to the game? Are any major battles going to be fought here and will they environmentally affect the battle mechanics?
>>
>>3441848
> I think Super did it right in having the partner become the main character for the postgame and fight to bring back their friend, Chrono Trigger style.
Thats gates to infinity, and at the end of the post game you can chlse if you want to stay in the human world or go back to the PMD world
But Super PMD did have a twist to usual "farewell" that you see at the end of every pmd game
>>
>>3441847
>using bullet patterns harder than the original game
Bro, half of them have blind spots where bullets will never cross or require the impossible strategy of "Move in a straight line/circle". Some of them can be dodged by just standing completely still too. I get hit way more often in Undertale than I do in Yellow, even on Genocide
>>
>>3442222
>So you're making a 3D section to the game?
Most of the game takes place in this new area, but it has 2D sections as well
> Are any major battles going to be fought here and will they environmentally affect the battle mechanics?
Yes and there is a new battle mechanic/type added and also a climax battle in a special location
>>
>>3442719
But will it have Gaster shit?
>>
File: CartRide.webm (2.6 MB, 842x640)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB WEBM
>>3442722
I would love to answer no, and, while he doesn't show up in the game in any meaningful way, He is somewhat important to the plot, as much as I'd like not to

Don't worry about it. This story isn't about him. And there will be new characters to meet too.
>>
File: GoodTimesAhead.png (4 KB, 565x132)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3442725
Don't cock it up or I will be mildly irate in a thread for at most two days after the game comes out
>>
Undertale takes the part of jrgps everyone says they hate, and combines it with bullethells without the actual time to watch the pattern and move with it.
I don't know how anyone thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>3442736
weird or mediocre ideas can be turned into good things by great execution
comparatively, you can't make a good thing out of a good idea with bad execution

Toby unironically has amazing game design, pacing and comedic sense. Undertale is one of those games that flow perfectly well and are very well designed from beginning to end, and it's one of the main reasons it got so popular
>>
If you need time to watch a Toby Fox bullet pattern to dodge it, I don't know what to tell you because that goes beyond an issue of skill
>>
File: 1703052834593067.gif (1.86 MB, 500x375)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>3442738
>>3442736
yellow was bad at this because some attacks like the scroll's lasers or ceroba's hp reducing beams come out nearly instantly and the first time you have no way to react to it
no attacks in UT or DR have that from what I remember except sans and only because he uses a bullshit move on first turn on purpose, but all his other moves follow this with them gradually becoming harder
>>
>>3442741
oh yeah Yellow is just not playtested at all, or it's deliberately made for psychos
>>
>>3442741
>scroll's lasers or ceroba's hp reducing beams come out nearly instantly and the first time you have no way to react to it
But that's literally the entire bullethell genre, even easy ones like 2hu have blind reaction checks like that... If you thought parts of it were too hard then that's fine, but trying to pretend that getting vibe checked by a random fast pattern isn't a staple in the bullethell genre is homosexual
>>
>>3442719
Relative to Yellow how long will it be? Are you planning multiple endings? Since it's supposed to be the rewriting of the Pacifist ending will it require Clover to not kill anyone?
>>
>>3442747
with ceroba i can forgive since she is supposed to be a hard boss, but the scroll I do not because it is a regular enemy in the first area, that was just bad design
>>
File: ceroba_fullRef2.png (3.12 MB, 3787x2600)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
fixed my ref up by making her taller and her eyes brown, plus other tweaks. im a lot more satisfied with this version

i really do enjoy this thread for sharing this game development stuff and being able to give and receive feedback, as well as discussing other things. not gonna lie the future of the /v/ threads looks bleak, and eventually this thread will die too, especially as traffic from /v/ comes here. so do we wanna make another one when the time comes? the feedback is invaluable to me, and i'm just as interested in the other projects here, and you just don't get this kind of thing on the algorithm scroller websites like shitter
>>
>>3442783
with active development of several projects going on combined with how slow /vrpg/ is anyways there's no real reason to NOT make another thread when this hits bump limit
>>
>>3442783
>>3442787
just don't make a general and it should be fine here
>>
>>3442035
>>3442066
the thing about the earrings is that they work with no hat, but once you add the hat the top becomes a little too busy. so its either hat or earrings but not both.
anyways, i'll either be going with 2:4 or 4:4, might mess around with the hat a bit more to see what works best.
as for the code side of things. the dialogue system remake is mostly done.
the part that does the dialogue? that works fine and is ready for use in a proper game.
but the talk part of the menu, that will be a little more complex since the object that the script is on moves from room to room. so i'll need a script in each room that manages what dialogue is assigned to the talk function.
>>
File: file.png (95 KB, 426x769)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>3442749
I plan for it to be as long as the runtime of one or two major Yellow zones, probably one. It's not very long but it has a major climax boss battle. I have three endings planned based on direct player choice, but there's not equivalents of genocide and neutral runs partly because a lot of the enemies you'll fight are robots. Wanted to keep things simple.
>>
>>3442783
What's going on with the /v/ threads?
>>
>>3443230
We spent 3 months being a pseudo general and the jannies barely did anything, and now that we are doing a thread every two or three days they decide to actually do something.
Bunch of fuckers.
>>
>>3443297
gotta make room for more AI art and stellar blade threads
>>
File: 1699404818891202.png (7 KB, 212x332)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3442851
... and now moving onto gizmo's dark world sprite.
these are the current wip's my spriter made.
neither of us can decide which one is better
are any of these a good base or do we need to go back to the drawing board (again x5)
>>
>>3444019
holy smokes, the goggles were a huge improvement. The jacket was definitely the correct call, specifically the lose fitting/open one has some lab-coat parallels without going into doctor territory. The top and bottom on the left are my favorite ones, both colors work though I'd go with the green undershirt since your Cole and Kanako are already using warm color pallets.
Top right looks like he is physically wearing the letter H but it can work if it is intentional while also being significant to the character. I could also potentially be sold on bottom right if GZ is written to be the tucked-in-shirt kind of guy
>>
>>3444187
yeah, left two seem to be the most popular choices.
i'll have the spriter go from the green one and see where we get with that
hopefully this is the design that can stick.
>>
>>3444625
Just kind of curious what his weapon is going to be if you've gotten that far.
>>
>>3444631
gizmo uses minibots inspired by guardner fight. one for healing, one for defense, and one for attack.
he'll have two spells related to them
"toggle minibot", turns a minibot on or off. every active minibot will drain 10%TP/turn.
and then he has "change mode", which influences how a minibot works, each one behaves differently under different modes:
>support mode - the healing minibot has a weak heal, attack will buff a random party member every turn, and the defense minibot reduces the damage that the "primary target" takes (the primary target being who's soul gets put into the battle box)
>offense mode - healing will improve a soul mode (such as making cole's bullets slightly stronger), attack will attack, and defense will have a weaker attack
>>
Man, it's kinda of sad checking the start of the thread and seeing it was done all the way in january.

The pizza tower people are still doing threads in both /trash/ and /v/ after a year of the game's release but only managed five months with one of the most autistic fanbases ever.
>>
>>3445714
A lot more people played Pizzatower than have played UTY. You have to understand that while per-capita UT has some of the most autism for any fanbase, many of the fans of UT do not actually play games including UT.

The original UT had so, so many more /v/ threads back when it first released on 4ch and even on 4x2ch that Pizzatower ever had. The secret sauce to Pizzatower's staying power I think has been the semi-frequent updates and community content tools so you're just setting yourself up for disappointment comparing that to a one-and-done niche fangame
>>
>>3445714
I think it's more sad that Pizzatower is allowed to have a 24/7 thread on /v/ but Toby game threads get jannied if there's more than two a week
>>
File: logo_screenshot.png (139 KB, 1433x634)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
logo for the mod. i'm not good with naming things, but this was the best i could come up with that's not obnoxiously forcing "funkin" into the title. if there's any better ideas for the title or design lmk

sorry, i really wish my output of this stuff could be faster, but hopefully when spring semester's done in a month i'll be able to work on this full-time.
>>
>>3445991
for the "Remixed", how would it look with yellow text with the blue border from the right two?
>>
File: 1681854159899858.webm (490 KB, 1290x1080)
490 KB
490 KB WEBM
pause menu is completed.
all i have to do is update interaction. which wont be hard, but i just dont wanna do it right now.
then its onto dark world mechanics.
i'll be making a devlog gamejolt page once i force myself to update interaction today.
>>
File: Capture.png (79 KB, 986x645)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>3445996
>>
>>3446681
the "remixed" is a tad bit difficult to read, but that might be common with the grafitti esque aesthetic of FNF so I wouldn't worry about it too much

that color scheme looks good though
>>
>>3446681
I agree with >>3446946 in that it's a little hard to read with the gray background. Might look good if the titlescreen is over something more contrasting. I don't know much about fnf and how mods work for that or even what you have in plan for the mod. If you have any plans for the integrity soul or zenith martlet in the mod, I'd keep that shade of blue just for the theme
>>
>>3446946
>the "remixed" is a tad bit difficult to read
Maybe a color other than yellow?
Like Ceroba's red?
Or...well I think yellow, blue and red are pretty much the main colors of the game.
So idk what other color.
>>
>>3446986
Ceroba red could work nicely imo. If you were feeling the motivation you could take the "i" in remixed and replace the dot with the top of Ceroba's staff
>>
File: fullLogo.png (100 KB, 929x591)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
i should just send the png, the gray was just my background color in flash
i think white text makes the subtitle easiest to read, but i like the idea of the colors so i could even do a gradient like this. and i like the idea of incorporating other character elements, maybe i could add flowey's vines or ceroba's bells and ribbons to dress the letters a bit

>>3446984
i am planning to have one song for every significant boss in the game, including a new final boss against kanako and the integrity soul
this title and logo are meant to reflect my approach towards this: stylistically it references FNF and the "newgrounds artstyle" but by and large I am making this thing out of love for undertale yellow.
>>
>>3447385
That's a winner right there, add those vines and maybe some ribbons and you'll be great
>>
>>3447385
I've always been put off by the whole fanbase for fnf. Ironic I know coming from a fan of Toby Fox-related video games. From the little I have seen I have enjoyed though, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8R68Ku09kg this one stands out as one of my favorites. I hope you do well though anon, are you making any original tracks for this?
>>
>>3445991
the pink is definitely easiest to read, as well as the most stylish in my opinion
>>
>>3446986
>yellow, blue and red are pretty much the main colors of the game.
I just realized, by adding her color in the color motifs of UTY, Ceroba literally forces herself into being part of the main plot once again.

Yellow
>Literally in the name
Blue
>The color of who was probably the most violent of the humans, and meant to be the opposite of Clover's justice
>In Pacifist, Clover sacrifices himself to correct her and humanities's past crimes
>In genocide, Yellow and Blue literally fight each other in a battle of morals
Red
>Some fox monster that appears in the final third of the game
>Determination...? No, not really.

On that note
>>3447385
Maybe it should go from blue to red, instead of red to blue.
To symbolize Ceroba's stealing the narrative from the previous human.
>>
>>3447889
based big dimes ceroba big leaguing martlet jannetty and the dimeless cowboy
>>
File: cerobaPlush.png (1.1 MB, 800x800)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>3447398
>I've always been put off by the whole fanbase for fnf.
don't worry, i am too, and you're justified to feel that way about it. in my opinion, the base game is underwhelming and mediocre, the developers are gooners who are irresponsibly managing their millions of dollars of kickstarter money, and much of the fanbase is terminally-online children or pedophiles.
however, there's a handful of mods that are super impressive, and fully flex that raw newgrounds passion and talent that even the base game fails to match. it's convinced me that in the right hands, FNF can act as a great medium for music, art, and probably even storytelling. i want to break the mold and make something special, and i do not want to be associated with the majority of the FNF fanbase
plus, undertale yellow itself was also made by several talented newgrounders, so i guess an FNF thing fits the bill
>are you making any original tracks for this?
i'm mainly gonna be the artist/animator and coder, and i'll recruit or commission music help once i develop this out enough
>>
>New chapter of Falling Out of Trouble
I think I like how Frisk is portrayed, they are quite the menace.
Exactly how a kid with ages of 8-12 would act if they had the power to turn back time and immortality.
And exactly how the physical vessel of a player's will would act.
>>
>>3447995
>Fully flex that raw newgrounds passion and talent that even the base game fails to match
Yeah no shit, a full fledged mod should be better than what's essentially a minuscule demo with none of the animation work promised for the final game.
>>
>>3448267
i'm not here to quibble over funkin, i'm just saying that in spite of its notorieties, i see a lot of potential for the format and a talented community i could tap into, hopefully making a worthwhile fangame for UTY via that avenue
i don't mean to grandstand, because i'm just some novice shithead myself, but i'll try my best to stick with this idea and make something good out of it, or at least learn some things while trying
>>
https://pastebin.com/UtZsFp5L
posting this here in case the /v/ thread dies, first draft of the next part of change in perspective
feedback appreciated as usual
>>
File: 1698270702892714.webm (776 KB, 1290x1080)
776 KB
776 KB WEBM
DRYanon 2 here, after entirely too much procrastination ive updated everything i had before to be ready for use in an actual game.
so now whats left
>dark world pause menu - next (I HATE MENU CREATION I HATE MENU CREATION I HATE MENU CREATION)
>dark world inventory
>puzzles
>overworld puzzle abilities (cole's gun, kanako's sprint...)
>battle system
>various random pieces across the board, like BG music.
>adding some fluff to make the tech demo suitable for presentation to kidnap some spriters and musicians
>>
File: 1704176599507894.png (4 KB, 239x168)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3448878
and also more sprite feedback, right is the current state of mylo's sprite.
a little more tinkering is planned, but naturally i want to see what people think right now.
>>
>>3448879
it looks like her eyes are very far apart
>>
>>3449000
nta but what makes you say that? The gap is only 2 pixels wide
>>
File: 1705372297024989.png (2 KB, 112x159)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>3449005
the hair bangs, highlighted in red
>>
>>3448879
The colors are a lot more defined and don't blend nearly as bad as the past version of the sprite did. She'll probably come out great once you get that little bit more tinkering done.

>>3449000
from what dry2 anon said before in the thread, the mask is a temp thing tied to her character arc and I imagine once she takes it off I imagine her eyes will be more similar to like they are in >>3432825
>>
File: concept1.png (479 KB, 1814x1011)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
Hello, I am wondering if I can get some feedback for this battle system gimmick. A few people I've shown it to have said there's too much going on and for the average UT fan I'd agree it'd be too much. I'm also of the mind that 60-70% of UT players really wouldn't interact with any sort of 'FIGHT' system past killing a single enemy or boss for a neutral ending, and that the players who would interact with the FIGHT system are already doing so in anticipation of more challenging combat encounters.

tl;dr
>You select FIGHT and are prompted to input 1-4 directions on keyboard
>Move to timing wheel challenge, push X to stop wheel at green notches
>one stop per input combo, fewer inputs than Clover's gun
>total damage work's like clover's gun, all successful hits are added and displayed as one hit splat when Wheel resolves
>start game with 1 combo step, get more as game progresses
>Each enemy species will block 1 direction
>if enemy blocks UP, that command is considered a miss
>John Genocide now has to remember Scrimblo Bimblo is immune to DOWN the same way John Pacifism has to remember the ACTs to pacify Scrimblo
>dealing damage in a turn gives you one AP/BP/SP/PP/whatever I end up calling it
>can spend these on skills which are listed on a separate UI element
>skills are selected by dialing in specific sequences before the Wheel Challenge
>RIGHT, DOWN, RIGHT executes Dragon Punch in addition to combo
>Skills deal separate instances of damage and give temporary battle benefits (Dragon Punch would nullify a single hit on the enemy's turn ala a fighting game reversal)

The goal here is to bridge more simple UT combat with the iconic LISA system. You would start out super simple and gradually get more powerful, going from a literal child ineffectually at actual combat into the dragon of dojima.

I still think it could work, but I'm unsure of how I'd refine it more or explain it better for people who haven't played a LISA game
>>
>>3448879
>posted the version with an unfixed bang color.
oops.
anyways, like i said earlier: now that the systems have all been updated, here's a gamejolt page.
https://gamejolt.com/games/deltaruneyellow/888982
hopefully i'll have the rest done before the end of the month.
as you can probably tell by my account name, i am not creative with names.
>>3449009
the eyes are exactly the same distance that they are in her light world sprite, guess its just more an issue with the color of the mask's eyes.
>>3449138
its a good idea to work with as a base, but i think the problem specifically comes from how in UT part of the point of fighting is that you're intentionally taking the easy path, every enemy is JUST that - another generic enemy.
the blocking thing somewhat contrasts with that since you have to remember that each enemy blocks a certain direction.
>>
>>3449234
>i think the problem specifically comes from how in UT part of the point of fighting is that you're intentionally taking the easy path
I see where you're coming from with this in that it might not be fitting for the original Undertale setting so I suppose I'll have to supplement all of >>3449138 with some additional info on my setting
>Game is a post-war pre-chara prequel
>The War and subsequent sealing was a very recent thing (within 5-6 years of game start)
>Average monster is more capable/willing to fight so Mercy'ing your way out is easier for the early/mid game
>late game on genocide route you're able to very quickly dispatch normal monsters
>They're all mostly still stupid or otherwise naive so you can trick/spare/mercy them like normal if you want
>You play as Orange Soul, unrelated to snowdin glove/bandana kid
>Your Father is one of the mages who sealed the monsters away from the Undertale intro art
>you were forced to learn martial arts during the war because you suck at using magic in case monsters ever found a way out

But anyways, with all that out of the way you said would work as a base-- Without asking you to spend more than a few minutes trying refine somebody else's concept, what do you think might be better?
>>
>>3449268
in this case id say it works a little better.
but i can see why it'd be a little complex.
so maybe:
>have to input the combo at the battle bar stops.
>for example you select RDR as a combo, and then you have to press right at the first bar stop, down at the second, and right at the third.
>early/midgame enemies dont block any directions, to allow the player time to get used to the system before introducing the block mechanic
>late/endgame enemies that do block can mess with your combos
>if an enemy blocks down, and you do RDR, blocking down will block your combo (but not non-down instances of damage)
>executing a crit on a "blocked" direction will break that enemy's block for the turn, and treat it as if the enemy had no block
>>
>>3449278
>if an enemy blocks down, and you do RDR, blocking down will block your combo (but not non-down instances of damage)
So the enemy would still take your normal attack damage but you wouldn't do the skill. That's an interesting idea I'll have to demo out. One of the other suggestions that I got was that skills just can't be blocked but in return, if an enemy blocks any part of the combo you don't generate any BP required for skills on that turn.

I like the idea of critical hits ignoring block so I'll definitely implement that as well as. All around great info, thank you. Next we'll try to get some more stuff to show, right now we just have a working title screen and movement systems. Here's a sneak peak at our placeholder unsupervised child
>>
File: martletFront.png (157 KB, 573x791)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
had some time today to start a better ref sheet for martlet. ceroba's next to her for height comparison
i'll probably do these for starlo, kanako, and clover too. only the major characters that will have more complex animations and might be involved in animated cutscenes
>>
>>3449500
Godspeed
>>
File: UI1.png (423 KB, 2304x1296)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>3449138
Following up this with a battle UI mockup
>LISA inspired combo system for genocide/high violence neutral
>low violence/pacifist will utilize a 'HELP' system
>If an NPC is with you, acquire 1 Brave point per turn at the end of enemy phase
>spend BP on HELP commands
>asking for HELP does not take your turn, provides minor gameplay advantages/boss specific gimmicks
>'HELP' becomes 'BRAVE' once enough LV has been gained
>also for some bosses when there's nobody around to help
>functions as a LISA style skill menu showing commands for your FIGHT combos
>still retains HELP menu functionality if you happen to still have a party member
>>
File: martlet_angles.png (1.48 MB, 3097x2000)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
martlet's done, here u guys go :)
>>
File: factory.webm (3.39 MB, 640x480)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB WEBM
working on chapter 2 stuff
>>
>>3451360
>chapter 2
what?
huh?
already?
man, you really are going DRY faster than deltarune chapter 3.

I would probably put some kind of visual indicator for where the piston come from.
Also, those big gears are kind of rough.
>>
File: puzzles.webm (3.74 MB, 640x480)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB WEBM
>>3451464
yeah I got most of chapter 1 complete already (totals for around 1 hour of gameplay), so I started working on ch 2. the chapters are short on purpose so there is hope to finish it
though I decided that I will focus first on the main route, because I'm not liking how the weird route is going so far. I will get a friend of mine to help me write it and also give the entire text a second pass at some point
>Also, those big gears are kind of rough.
they are reused from the gear enemy attack, I could make a new sprite but I'm too lazy and those work at least for now
>>
>>3451486
>the exact "squirt water to push robots into broken wires to complete a circuit" puzzle from M&L
>except there's sokoban in the middle
You know what? I'm okay with this. Maybe snap the robots into place in the center because that first one looks pretty off.

Just make sure to write some custom dialogue for trying to leave party members behind. That was one of my favorite little touches in Banjo-Kazooie and seeing the characters react to minor things is half the fun of Undertale. Bonus points if it actually keeps track of the times you tried and Kanako brings it up later
>>
File: tram ride.webm (3.28 MB, 640x480)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB WEBM
>>3451708
>Maybe snap the robots into place in the center because that first one looks pretty off.
the robot is actually in place, it was just the electric effect that was offcentered, but I've fixed it, thanks for pointing it out
>Just make sure to write some custom dialogue for trying to leave party members behind. That was one of my favorite little touches in Banjo-Kazooie and seeing the characters react to minor things is half the fun of Undertale. Bonus points if it actually keeps track of the times you tried and Kanako brings it up later
that's a good idea, I'll see how to implement it
I added something similar with this tram event where you can choose not to climb and kanako and the darkner get increasingly confused/concerned about cole (it stacks up to 3 times, though I only show the first here)
dialogue isn't that great but I will have a friend give a second pass later
>>
File: file.png (53 KB, 1281x852)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
Godotanon here, just got released from the hospital 2 days ago after I got extremely sick last week, and thankfully I've started to feel better today, so I'm going back to devving. Gonna continue work on the battle system and finish up the sprites for the current area so I can move on to the more "fun" area I want to make. I did the thing I should have done since the start which is making actual controllable pawns for the followers (i.e. classes, my OOP teacher might want to smash my head with a sledgehammer) to use instead of specific scenes for each one so now they all behave better (and I don't need to individually change the scenes of each one of them for every small change), but I'm gonna have to polish the follower summoning system a bit.
>>
File: 1686749843635760.png (65 KB, 828x383)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>3453345
>I did the thing I should have done since the start which is making actual controllable pawns for the followers
>but I'm gonna have to polish the follower summoning system a bit.
what ive done for DRY2 is use scriptable objects (scripts with "public" data stored on an asset level instead of in the scene.)
each party member has its own scriptable object, the SO stores everything about that character from name strings to battle skills (which i will probably make their own scriptable objects)
then those four "SlotMemberX" objects under the party manager all correspond to a slot of the "PartyMemberSlots" array, like this its very easy to determine what a party member does/gets since you just need a single int to point to a spot in the array, much more flexible than a solution that refers to character names directly.
if godot doesnt have an equivalent to scriptable objects then you can do the same by assigning the same script to several different objects, then make a reference array for that script.
>just got released from the hospital 2 days ago after I got extremely sick last week
[thank goodness you're okay!]

in other news, after much procrastination im finally getting ready to work on the dark world pause menu. just need to figure out the best way to do animated UI components because the dark world UI is animated.
most of my time this weekend has/will be taken by other things, but since ive learned how to ((properly) hopefully) make a pause menu UI with the light world menu i'll probably be able to get it done by the end of the week
also seeing how DRYanon1 is already on chapter 2 has made me a little jealous, which turns into a bit of motivation to stay on task
>>
>>3453399
>if godot doesnt have an equivalent to scriptable objects then you can do the same by assigning the same script to several different objects, then make a reference array for that script.
This is basically what I'm doing. A single script is used by all the followers and those follower objects add themselves to the "follower" object group for easy referencing. I could probably make more use of these sorts of structures and hierarchies once the game starts getting more complex but for now it's a very simple use to easily add follower NPCs since for most of the game you'll have, like, 2 with you at all times
>>
>>3452132
I really like the reusage of the assets from the Core, that was one of my favourite segments of the original game

>>3453345
>train station
This looks really cool, I assume this is the end of that 3D segment that you made?
>>
>>3453554
>I assume this is the end of that 3D segment that you made?
Before. They're still going to board the cart in that cutscene.
>>
>>3453557
How did Clover end up with Starlo and Martlet anyway? I thought he was following 'roba to the Lab.
>>
File: file.png (63 KB, 1288x976)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>3453562
I was going to record the whole thing but at this point its way longer than the time limit and I still need to finish some spritework and polish.

The Roba is with you after the axis fight and you both make it to Hotlands. While going towards the Lab, Starlo and Martlet show up and talk for a bit on how they wanted to talk with Clover and maybe try helping Ceroba and Clover out with the Lab. They wanted to convince Clover to live in the Underground with everyone instead of facing Asgore, but Ceroba intervenes and starts freaking out because she realizes that if Starlo and Martlet are around, it'll be harder to use Clover. So she captures Clover and sprints towards the lab with Starlo and Martlet on pursuit.

She arrives at Alphys's Lab, and Starlo almost manages to stop her, but she manages to get into the elevator first, not before dropping a note (Starlo and Martlet will say that it contained passwords including one for use at Alphys's lab, but it's a very minor thing). Also of note, Alphys isn't around.
Instead of ending up in the True Lab, Ceroba and Clover end up in this new weird small area, and while trying to find Kanako, Flowey stealthily intervenes and trips Ceroba, letting Clover escape into some offices. Clover wakes up, investigates a bit and then finds Martlet and Starlo again on the Station Platform. They hear Ceroba absolutely losing her shit so they find an usable cart and escape the Station.

From then on it's basically Clover, Starlo and Martlet finding out they got sent somewhere much, much worse, and having to deal with Ceroba and everything else that might be on their tail as well.
>>
>>3352913
terrible game
>>
>>3352913
im 30 years old i don't play trannoid games
im an adult, a big boy, call it however you want
but i aint got no time for a tranny child's game
>>
>>3453839
I don't blame you man, it's probably really hard to find any time between your shifts at whataburger and your daily clopping sessions. Blow your brains out samefaggot
>>
File: no mame wey.png (1.94 MB, 1360x1450)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>3453588
Nice, once again really hyped to see what you'll put out
>>
File: 16232413217790656.png (1.15 MB, 860x858)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>3453588
Oh, one more thing, are you planning to make Kanako a more important character with more screentime in the game? And would the game still end with a final boss (like maybe re-using Ceroba's fight but harder)?
>>
File: 1711033218796147.jpg (729 KB, 1300x1535)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>3453949
>are you planning to make Kanako a more important character with more screentime in the game?
Kanako is extremely important to the story. She will be showing up multiple times.
>And would the game still end with a final boss (like maybe re-using Ceroba's fight but harder)?
Yes, the whole game is leading up to a major fight.
>>
>>3453345
i'm glad you are feeling better! i was wondering what happened since the updates kinda stopped. speaking of, are you or any of the other devs here planning on making a gamejolt page or something to also post updates elsewhere? i know dr2anon made one, but still
>>
>>3454333
>are you or any of the other devs here planning on making a gamejolt page
I have a Itch Io page on draft, but I'm still making some screenshots and getting concept art before putting it up.
>>
>>3453345
nice, good to hear you are back and well
> I did the thing I should have done since the start which is making actual controllable pawns for the followers (i.e. classes
I made a follower class that extends from the base entity class, I'm using C# though, I don't know how classes work in GDscript.
I can make any entity then become a follower by simply changing the node's script (though I have to store some variables before because changing scripts in runtime erases all variables)

>>3453399
godot has resources which are close to how scriptable objects work, I am using them for the enemy battle data
alternatively you can make a scene (prefab) with a script as the root
I prefer resource loading because you can just load the class straight from file in C#, while with node you might have to convert it (and uses more ram/processing)
the party data I hard coded into an array in the party control script instead (where most of the party wide functions are set)
>>
last time i checked furry was banned on 4chan
>>
>>3453345
Glad you're not dead
>>
>>3450639
I love this bird like you wouldn’t believe
>>
File: balloon.png (27 KB, 642x512)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Added a balloon trip
>>
File: equip preview.webm (1.04 MB, 640x480)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB WEBM
finally made the equip menu show stat previews instead of having to write those in the description, so now there is more space to write stuff
>>
I wonder tho, isn't it easier to just mod the original undertale/deltarune in gamemaker to make fan games, rather than to program from scratch in another engine?
>>
>>3458294
Toby's code is basically DRM if you want to do anything new iirc
>>
>>3458294
well in my case i absolutely refuse to touch GMS2 ever again.
second point: depending on your scope its much easier to make a new game entirely.
and third: >>3458301
>>
File: majoras mask.webm (2.48 MB, 640x480)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB WEBM
>>3458294
for me I prefer to program because it gives me full control, it allows me to do things like add new minigame/segments (like webm related), not to mention I can train a bit more and try different coding techniques to understand better how things work and apply those on other things in the future
and from what I saw of the code base of at least UT, the code is really badly made and many things are hard coded, so it makes adding new things take way longer than it should, because first you have to decipher what everything does and then work around the limitations
with the way I coded my DRY take I can easily add new events and dialogue by just writing them and setting up the components. besides I'm more familiar with C# today than whatever language GM uses, the last GM I used was version 7 or so many years ago so I barely remember how to code in it
really the thing that takes the longest is making/setting up new sprites/animations and writing the text itself
>>
>>3458113
More questions about Deltarune Yellow, is Kanako going to play a similar role as Ralsei in this? Or would that be Axis instead and Kanako would be more like Susie (as in a friend from the Light World)?

>>3458301
How do you get access to the Undertale source code? Can Game Maker projects be easily decompiled? Sorry, I'm completely unfamiliar with how GMS works
>>
>>3458518
I'm sure it can be decompiled, unsure of how easily as I've done 0 research into just under the assumption that Toby's code would border unusable. It might be better try decompiling Yellow or something if you wanted to make a game that way
>>
>>3458518
>is Kanako going to play a similar role as Ralsei in this? Or would that be Axis instead and Kanako would be more like Susie (as in a friend from the Light World)?
there is no ralsei, and as such there is no prophecy. axis is just the partner for this dark world (but he will return in future chapters in different roles). kanako and cole are the main characters and the game centers around them, but also there is another character that is as important but it wont become relevant until later, with just some hints dropped here and there. I am deliberately not following DR 1:1 so I can tell a different story, just following the same setting/rules
the closest thing to a ralsei is a darkner that knows a lot of how dark worlds work and is the leader of the "castle town", but he is more an old man mentor than a party member

>>3458526
>How do you get access to the Undertale source code?
someone decompiled it https://github.com/fachinformatiker/undertale
>>
>>3458518
there's actually a GMS mod tool made specifically because of UT.
but toby's comically bad at coding to the point that instead of trying to wrangle his mess, it'd be better to make a new game entirely.
>>
>>3458308
is there a particular reason you made cole (or more appropriately "carlos") a mexican?
>>
>>3458860
Not a fan of westerns I take it
>>
>>3458529
im glad you're not following DR 1:1, makes it more original. though, im kind of afraid that there's gonna be plot inconsistencies if a future chapter explains something that couldn't happen in DRY. a stupid example would be like, idk, its revealed only kris can open dark fountains. but im sure those things aren't gonna happen
>>
>>3459090
nta but there's no reason to try to adhere to canon lore 1:1 in a universe that is explicitly not the canon one. Only Kris can open or close fountains? Cool, they're not in that universe. The few fanprojects that are trying to follow lore 1:1 are having to jump through some insane hoops-- Like Vision Crew's DR alternate chapters is making Dess trans because of the 0.2003% chance Toby makes that a thing, then you have Deltatraveler doing Deltatraveler interpretations of lore while setting up future plot points on the assumption they know exactly where Toby is going with said plot.
Doing something completely original and trying to be canon compliant without being strictly adherent is the way to go with stuff like this.
>>
File: placeholder.png (25 KB, 644x540)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>3449356
Progress is slow, but we managed to get interactions figured out featuring temporary placeholder sans the temporary placeholder skeleton.
>>
>>3458860
I sampled kris' light world colors for his skin color in the dark world since I just wanted yellow

>>3459090
>>3459103
I already have some ideas in mind to change stuff up in case the new chapters come out and toby introduces new lore, the issue will be if this somehow ends up releasing before the next chapters (which could be a non zero chance), main questions I have right now are:
>what happens to adults in dark worlds (I'd like to believe they get their own clothes and stuff but I've seen some theories that the parents are the titans or something so I'm a bit torn in if I show adults in dark worlds or not)
>are monster souls the same as UT or different/colored

also I'm kinda considering redoing all sprites and characters to make it an original project instead of a DR/UTY fangame, so I have more freedom with the story and characters, but I am still not 100% decided yet

>>3459112
why is the window so tiny?
>>
>>3459267
>last spoiler
It's totally reasonable, but I think you'd need to change a lot of stuff to make it not feel like a blatant Toby Fox clone if it's something you decide to sell. I don't think enough time has passed since the release of DR/UT to sell a tribute game like the 'Oddity' devs were trying.
>>
File: Boss-Nigger-1974.jpg (1.02 MB, 2066x3063)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>3459056
What are you talking about?
>>
>>3459267
>what happens to adults in dark worlds
what im doing for DRY2 is
>adults do end up in the dark world
>they get their own outfit and whatnot
>BUT, they remember nothing in the light world. however the effects of those memories on their personality still exist.
>for example: the "break toriel into being overprotective by getting hit all the time so she makes [fish sticks]" theory.
>she'll just wake up as if nothing happened at all, you'll sound crazy to her if you talk about what happened in the dark world
>BUT from that point forward she'll always be very overprotective of kris, and act as if this has always been normal.
and as for
>are monster souls the same as UT or different/colored
what im doing is just assuming they are the same, BUT i also have have a human soul color planned for each lightner just incase.
and also a way to get rid of the body for lightner kills.
>also I'm kinda considering redoing all sprites and characters to make it an original project instead of a DR/UTY fangame
honestly given how we are running at a chapter every three years, i dont think anyone would shame you for making a DR-like game if you're just open about "yeah this started as a fangame and then i wanted to turn it into something else". you'd get some flak from the crazies but thats probably it.
>>
>>3459267
regarding the last spoiler, i think having more freedom to do whatever you want is better. hell, even deltarune was gonna be its own thing before toby decided to incorporate the undertale stuff. but, in my opinion, i feel like the main appeal of the game is just seeing the combination of both deltarune and undertale yellow and see what comes of it, specially the characters. of course, you are free to do what you want and i would be interested in the project no matter what you end up doing
>>
>>3459283
>I don't think enough time has passed since the release of DR/UT to sell a tribute game like the 'Oddity' devs were trying.
Undertale came out 9 years ago, and DR chapter 1 came out almost 7 years ago.
And reminder that Oddity/Mother 4 was supposed to be in winter 2014 (thats already almost 10 years ago).
I'm surprised there aren't more UT/DR clones out already, I've only seen like 3 or so all these years.
>>
File: 1697404188506620.png (223 KB, 640x872)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>3459848
>DR chapter 1 came out almost 7 years ago.
>>
File: enemies.webm (3.57 MB, 640x480)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB WEBM
added some new enemy bullets/acts
>>
>>3461043
good work anon, all those attacks are pretty cool.
I really like the stapler one.
But I would change the wrench spinning attack, it's too simple
Here my idea.
>Sometimes the wrench gets stuck
>It bounces back a little, sends a few bullets, and starts spinning once again
That's my idea, otherwise the attack is too easy.
>>
>>3461043
The stapler chomp alone is nice but the way it leaves a staple for you to trip over is brillo. Letting observant players have Axis draw aggro so the Wrencher can heal him is great, too.

I agree that the wrench attack could be a little more developed. You could give it a ratcheting motion, have sparks emit from the center, or just gradually speed it it up.
>>
>>3461202
when the wrench attack appeared, i thought the whole battle box was gonna move instead of the wrench, maybe that could be a cool idea?
>>
File: 1683972372471104.png (45 KB, 1000x1000)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>3461249
I like this idea. Something like rotating it, having the soul move, and having the directional controls stay relative to the rotation of the box. Also the wrench moving back and forth like you'd probably expect it to move.
>>
>>3461249
>>3461262
id say this would probably be a better suited attack for a miniboss
>>
File: wrench.webm (972 KB, 640x480)
972 KB
972 KB WEBM
>>3461202
>>3461244
>>3461249
>>3461262
ok I've tweaked it a bit, still might need some refining but its better than before and it's more unique
I tried to make the soul move as the box rotated but that was breaking some other stuff so it just stays in place
>>
>>3461285
hell yeah, that's what i was thinking when i said the battle box thing. i think having the soul in place is fine, since it would be a bit too distracting in my opinion. anyways, it's looking great!
>>
>>3461285
That's fucking sick. Are the walls physics objects? The bullet box for my project was a simple clamp to rectangular bounds so it wouldn't let me do things like that. If you can do more irregularly shaped arenas (without overcomplicating your code), you should. It's so cool.
>>
File: box.png (7 KB, 425x325)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>3461472
yes the walls are colliders that are anchored to the corners of the box, so they will slide into place regardless of the size (the box itself is a ninepatchrect), they use their own collision layer as to not interfere with other stuff too. with this the box can also move freely through the screen (I already have an enemy attack that pushes the box away)
it should be possible to add different shapes by just making the sprite, setting the collider and then have the bullet board call the unique shape instead of the default one, though right now the box works for all bullets I've done so far so there isn't a need for it yet
>>
File: martlet_progress.png (668 KB, 907x796)
668 KB
668 KB PNG
>>3450639
yo, sorry it's been a minute, i had to (and still have to) do finals, also been working on something else to de-rust my animation skills before this
ideally would've wanted to finish up this background and martlet's idle sprite before posting this, but it's been long enough and this thread's gonna die soon, so i might as well.
by early May i should be done with classes and will hopefully be able to knock some more art and coding out
good luck on (you)r projects bros
>>
>>3462894
Wow! That background looks amazing, good job on the Mart as well. Can't wait
>>
>>3462894
"this thread's gonna die soon" has got me wondering..
when it does, what then?
do we make another yellow thread? it'd be a little weird considering that here we hardly talk about it directly anymore.

should it just be a more liberal "undertale fangames discussion and development" thread?
>>
Someone should probably start a new thread once this reaches the bump limit
Its a good place to see the progress of the different fangames
>>
>>3463135
>"undertale fangames discussion and development"
probably something shorter like "undertale fangame development" thread
maybe point out that the updates are too far between for a thread on /vg/ so the jannies dont give us shit.
>>3463140
once we get bumped off the board, making a new thread on bump limit is only something that sprung up from the extremely fast moving generals filled with newfags.
>>
>>3463135
>>3463140
>>3463160
whatever you do, do NOT make it a general. don't put edition or link to previous thread
>>
File: Spoiler Image (76 KB, 1238x380)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
>>3458113
hey DRYanon1, mind posting your equip sprites for guns and kanabo's?
i have no fucking clue what im doing.
>>
File: weapons.png (898 B, 172x124)
898 B
898 B PNG
>>3464311
here, the gun is edited from UTY's fight command, but the rest are custom made
>>
File: 1694858158627642.png (297 B, 32x17)
297 B
297 B PNG
>>3464347
thanks, in exchange this was simple enough for me to do.
weapon icons for june. dunno if you're taking her in a holy spellcaster direction or not though.
>>
File: 1707027816218127.gif (1.46 MB, 320x240)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>
Just finished playing this.
Pretty good and I liked it but HOLY SHIT that ending was rushed.
Honestly both the beginning and the ending of the game are really weak. I had outright forgotten Dalv existed up until he randomly showed up at the ending lmao.
Everything between the start of Snowdin and the end of the Steamworks is amazing, but then you go through a ton of Ceroba's character development in like 15 minutes. Feel like there should have been an entire other area that you do with Ceroba to slowly develop her.
>>
>>3464500
>Pretty good and I liked it but HOLY SHIT that ending was rushed.
yep, welcome to the primary complaint club, there's proof in the game's files that there was supposed to be a true lab segment (unused true lab assets, hotland kill counter...)
we have three people making fangames (two deltarune yellow's and a "fixed" ending that goes to the true lab) plus a FNF mod.
we've also got a surprisingly on topic thread on /v/ that pops up every other day/two days
>>
>>3464349
thanks, I do have an idea for june where she does use books as her weapon, but I wouldn't call her a holy spellcaster
>>
>>3464500
Did you check Dalv's letters and go back to see him in Snowdin?
>>
>>3464510
>there's proof in the game's files that there was supposed to be a true lab segment (unused true lab assets, hotland kill counter...)
I am still upset that we did not get to see more of Hotland, the Core, and more of New Home.
>>
>>3464500
>Feel like there should have been an entire other area that you do with Ceroba to slowly develop her
I'm positive that's what they were trying to do with the Steamworks, they just flubbed it. Instead of establishing her character solidly she's all over the place, bouncing from pointlessly bitchy and childish to aloof and distant. Making Clover the one to handle combat and puzzles as well as calm her down was a weird choice too, making it unclear what her role was. A handful of barriers? On Pacifist the whole place focuses on her and her murderous husband and I still don't feel like I know her other than the fact that she's kind of a bitch.

Otherwise the area kicked ass, though, so I can't complain
>>
File: 1704655962833526.png (665 KB, 1024x690)
665 KB
665 KB PNG
I felt like I was so in love with Ceroba the entire game, all I could think about was her which kept me from being able to develop any critical thoughts about the game. In the back of my mind Clover killing himself never sat right with me but I was still so blown away by how good the fight with Ceroba was (and how much more I fell in love with her during the fight) that it was all I could think about.
>>
>>3464606
> bouncing from pointlessly bitchy and childish to aloof and distant
Yeah I noticed it too. "Bitchy" is a pretty accurate way to describe her.
I think that the steamworks was fine, but there should have been another area in which she opens up a bit more. Like, when Starlo comes to tell the party that ceroba is up to something, she should have picked up Clover's hand and took him to the elevator with her to run away together. Then have space for more emotional interactions.
>On Pacifist the whole place focuses on her and her murderous husband
This too btw.
We basically learn
>Chujin was not particularly competent amongst the royal scientist
Yet Ceroba acts like completing his work is the most important thing ever.
>Chujin murdered a kid
Nobody seems to give a shit. And it turns out the kid didn't even kill a monster.
Ceroba murdered her own child lmao
Yet despite all of that, she's mad at Clover.
The pacifist fight against her doesn't make her look like she's doing something she doesn't want to, like Asgore in OG Undertale. She's really angry for some reason.
I don't understand why they didn't give her a single redeeming point.

They should have made the kid in Chujin's backstory kill Kanako, then Chujin goes mad with the idea that he can save Kanako using a pure human soul.

>>3464666
>In the back of my mind Clover killing himself never sat right with me
It makes the whole ending fight pointless. You try so hard to not get killed only to kill yourself at the end? lmao
I get that it was canon in Undertale that the yellow soul remains underground, but they could have done something less blunt.
I wanted Clover to go live with her and get the kitsune milf pussy as compensation for having spared her.
Frisk (pacifist) was a nice guy, Clover is downright a cuck.
>>
>>3464510
the true lab assets arent unused tho, you go through the true lab during Flowey's fight
>>
>>3464765
>The pacifist fight against her doesn't make her look like she's doing something she doesn't want to
Now, hold on. I'm mostly in agreement with the other stuff but that's one thing they got right. She starts crying like a baby in that fight. That's why she has to put on the mask.

https://youtu.be/Z-FT9f0t-1o?t=21128
Here's a timestamp if you don't believe me
>>
>>3464832
Mmmm I don't see it.
She only starts crying *after* you finally defeat her and break her mask. And she's crying because she failed to fulfill her husband's goal and save her child. She doesn't give a shit about Clover.
She explicitly wants you to die during the initial phase of the fight.
It is very different from Asgore, who can't even look at you because he's ashamed of what he's doing. I find it funny that in UY they try to present Asgore as this stern guy when he's clearly much more tormented by the idea of having to murder children (even if it is to save his people) than Chujin or Ceroba are.
>>
>>3464851
5:52:11 is the exact timestamp where you can see Ceroba with a tear in her eye and a sad expression
>>
>>3464765
>I wanted Clover to go live with her and get the kitsune milf pussy as compensation for having spared her.
clover is for kanako only
>>
>>3464909
I want to cuck limp-wristed chujin by fucking his wife with my Big Human Cock on their own bed, however.
>>
>>3464911
>>>/out/
>>
>>3464914
>nooo you can't fuck the milf kitsussy
seethe, gayboi
>>
>>3464994
im more talking about your obsession with cuckshit.
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 671x587)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
college decided to kill me this semester
I'm sorry for not posting anything
it'll take a bit before I can go back to more consistent updates
good luck everyone else. Love you guys.
>>
>>3464765
>And it turns out the kid didn't even kill a monster.
source?
>>
>>3465253
It is heavily implied that the monster that the kid hurt was Dalv and he's still alive.
So Chujin created 7 failed robots, to the point even Asgore told him to fuck off and considered Alphys of all people to be more competent. Then Chujin continued with his robot research and built a robot which murdered a human child after that child just hurt Dalv.
And somehow nobody seems to mind.
>>
>>3465299
it is heavily implied that Dalv was ONE of the monsters the kid hurt.
Only ONE of them.
There are many more people in snowdin than Dalv, and they were probably even more before the child appeared.
>>
>>3465328
Where is it confirmed that the kid actually killed a monster?
>>
>>3465342
the way integrity's gear is described in UT
>the shoes are said to make you feel dangerous
>in the jap translation the word used for dusty is explicitly monster dust.
>>
>>3465351
>>the shoes are said to make you feel dangerous
That sounds like a pretty generic description for a weapon, and also could just be a joke since they are shoes.
>>in the jap translation the word used for dusty is explicitly monster dust.
Got more info on that?
The way Papyrus describes them in the English version (the original) makes it sound like he's just implying it is rather old.
>>
>>3465397
>Got more info on that?
tl;dr: japan has a lot of specific words, so toby had to explain a bunch of things he wanted to leave vague and up to interpretation.
>>
>>3465342
integrity's not gonna fuck you, dude.
>>
>>3465397
>>3465401
I've read the translation book and didn't find any reference to the dusty tutu in jp, papyrus just refers to it by "old tutu" in japanese (ofuro or something I forgot the proper word)
>>
>>3465299
based retard headcanon
>>
Which one is it?

>The humans genoslided the monsters and that's uber based and deserved

OR

>The humans are innocent victims who did nothing wrong and the monsters are scum that deserve to die for fighting back
>>
>>3465414
its both sir bloody benchod basterd monsters did the unneedful and kill sexy hot kid before they show the boob and bagoma so we human must redeem the needful and commit the genoslide on monster
>>
>>3465414
>The humans genocided the monsters a long time ago. Nowadays humans don't even know that monsters exist.
>>
>>3465409
>faggot didn't find the secret tape
oh no no no
>>
>>3465438
the secret tape doesn't say anything about nigtegrity being a dindu nuffin who only went to the underground to get dem skittles, maybe it does on planet retard where you come from though
>>
>3465447
meds
>>
>>3465479
yes, you need meds if you actually think integrity didnt kill anyone
>>
>>3465515
nigger that's why I asked to see what the deal with the Jap translation was.
I'm asking where's the confirmation that Integrity killed a monster, since the text in UY doesn't confirm that.
>>
>>3465533
>since the text in UY doesn't confirm that.
yeah sure.
When they put so many weidly specific hints, it's stop being an implication
>"everything can be deadly if used to attack many times"
>"ballet shoes"
The ballet shoes were also the thing that was dusty iirc, not the tutu.

But yeah, integrity killed. There were 7 humans, at least one of them was bound to be a killer and it ended being the ballet kid for some reason.
Even though Clover is the most probable one.
>>
>>3465547
>"even ballet shoes"*
forgot the even, but yeah.
That pretty much confirms it.
>>
>>3465547
It is the tutu that is described by Papyrus as dusty.
>>
>>3465533
congrats, this thread was pleasant and quiet, and you had to end it by being a fucking sperg. fuck off to /utg/ with this shit and never come back
>>
>>3465533
Undyne when called even tells Frisk "go ahead and take the ballet shoes, whoever wore them isn't coming back"
>>
>3465615
meds
>>
>>3465634
>>>/vg/utg
>>
File: 1694770135922079.png (53 KB, 906x573)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
thats annoying.
guess its back to editing the pause menu sprites tomorrow, right now im tired.
>why j?
its the only "full size" character using the determination font. so its good for checking if text will overlap or not.
>>
>>3465960
kanako is so cute i love her
>>
File: martProgress2lol.png (2.4 MB, 1561x1009)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
okay i got a "complete" background and one frame flat-colored of martlet's idle done, so now there's a sorta complete picture here.
i think this is decent considering my lackluster painting skills, i wanna try to make martlet stand out a bit better though. maybe i'll give her some vibrant backlighting and tone down the background
>>
>>3466050
she looks pretty smug for someone who is one write-up away from being fired.
>>
>>3465960
>Why j?
Because j is for JUSTICE
>>
>>3466532
the j is silent
>>
File: images.png (6 KB, 277x182)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Dawn of the Final Page
>>
>>3467215
t'was a good thread, 90% on topic, a rarity nowadays

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.