[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708187133922729.jpg (44 KB, 285x350)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Fallout 4 just "happens" to get a new update just a few days before "Fallout: London" emerges.
New update is almost guaranteed to break mods and, by extension, F:L.
Meanwhile, he nukes New Vegas and the NCR on the TV show.
Are devs really this petty IRL? I mean, I've known bosses on a local level like this but isn't Beth owned by Microsoft? You'd think that cooler heads would've prevailed.
>>
They've gone insane because they can now sense that their iRPG is obsolete and that they're going to die. They might not know they're dead (corporations are like animals and choose not to die with dignity) but they've been killed by Starfield and just the realization that with the advance of technology their creatively sterile decisions have caught up to them.
>>
>>3451793
slop gobblers be like *makes another fuckin thread about this*
>>
Bros this tv show is so fucking bad. How do people keep running into each other by coincidence in a giant wasteland
>>
What does this update changes?
>>
>>3451799
Quality post
>>
>>3451885
Prolongs mod development
>>
>>3451822
Follow footprints, duuh
>>
>>3451793
Take your meds, retard.

FO4 is getting a new update because they're also releasing a next-gen version of the game on PS5 and XSX.

>but why now?!
Because it's a tie-in for the show, idiot. Normies watch show > Normies rush to buy the newest Fallout game on their shitbox of choice. It's that simple.
>>
>>3451799
Who cares? Haven't we all just been playing 1, 2, and NV on repeat for twenty years?
>>
>>3451896
I like that the power armor didn't leave footprints as they were following the footrprints
>>
>>3452083
Well, yeah, and then we argue about every small detail, but that's not what this is about. Personal choice and even broad player preference from the lowest common denominator of human being don't matter in the long run; large firms' decisions and technological developments do. We're now at the point where Bethesda cannot pretend that new technological developments and gameplay gimmicks are the sole way forward for their games; they actually have to put time into making good content. In this they have never actually succeeded or even really tried to begin with. You have interesting little peaks like Kirkbride's stuff, but it's always brought down by their total inability to concentrate a mechanic or narrative conceit into something substantial.

This wouldn't be a problem if they were just Morrowind Bethesda, a bunch of fratboy doofuses making shit up as they go along, but they've scaled up to the point where all of their bad habits no longer add interesting flaws, especially in an era where tech is not a draw. When they fall, and it's inevitable, the epicenter of overpromising and underdelivering of Daggerfall onwards will no longer have the shine it once did. That's what's good for the industry and western RPGs as a whole.
>>
>>3452100
Good post.
>>
>>3451885
Nothing user facing
>>
>>3451793
It's a marketing stunt. Being seen as petty isn't that bad when you're already the prime laughing stock. Bravo, Todd. Hook, line, sinker.
>>
>>3451793
They said the update is two days after their planned release
>>
>make sure you disabke auto updates and we’ll release an updated version at some point in the future for the Bethesda patch
>we don’t want to leave anyone behind they might not know not to update fallout 4
Sounds like an end user problem. They should have just released that statement and if you fucked uo and let f4 update and are too dumb to rollback, that’s a personal issue. Not anyone else’s
>>
>>3455209
When does Faggout London release? I looked on their webpage and the FAQ answer said "we posted date on YouTube" and I just stopped reading there because I can't be arsed to spend the effort of clicking when they can't be bothered to just say the release date instead of saying where they posted it.
>>
>>3451822
They're walking in the same general direction.
>>
>>3451793
you are an idiot op
>>
>>3451822
>>3455249
>they watched this show after Witcher
>they watch shows
>>
>>3451793
It's pretty clear that the Fallout show barely even follows the story of the west coast, so the NCR being nuked is irrelevant. They tell the story that Lucy's mom started the NCR, but the Fallout tv series starts in 2296, and Fallout 1 takes place in 2161 when the real Shady Sands was founded.
>>
>>3455467
So will the real Shady Sands please stand up?
>>
>>3455467
I nuked shady sands in fallout 1. I took 6,000,000 dynamites, at five pounds each that equals 15 kilotons. Took a couple trips to get it all there.
>>
>>3451822
somehow
>>
>>3455467
Who the fuck is Lucy and what happened to Aradesh?
>>
>>3455244
most dev/consumer interactions is end user problems. People being too fuckin stupid to operate your product is a direct hit to its success, to the point that not catering to bottom of the barrel idiots who dont know how to prevent an update or rollback a game

hearing that there is an update before a mod you want to play comes out would immediately, in people who care about that sort of thing, cause them to prevent an update from happening. Who the fuck is more willing to see Bethesda vanilla content than keep their mods
>>
>>3456178
Lucy is the main character of the Fallout tv series. Aradesh no longer exists. The only immediate connection between west/east coast and OG/Beth Fallouts now are basically just names now.
>>
>>3452083
but that's not new money/income.
>>
>>3455245
April 23rd unless they changed it.
>>
>>3455244
There is also a bit of fuck up from Steam not having any real "updates off" option.
>>
>>3452100
>When they fall, and it's inevitable, the epicenter of overpromising and underdelivering
Hate to shit on your inspirational post, but you seem to have no idea just how powerful slop is. It will keep getting churned out, it will keep making money, your opinion is worthless to them, there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>3451822
The same way they do ingame. Quest markers
>>
>>3457476
>It will keep getting churned out, it will keep making money
Hell, they can lose money and it'll keep getting churned out, that's the whole point of ESG and printing infinite fiat dollars for social engineering projects.
>>
>>3451793
I really wanted to play it. Damn it.
>>
>>3451793
what are you trying to say, vaultie?
>>
>>3452100
The amount of delusional, retarded, dipshittery in this post is simply astounding, acting as if Skyrim and Fallout 4 were not ginormous mega-hits. What rock have you been living under you fucking idiot?
>>
>>3460535
no joke, i once heard a poster on here say Skyrim was a financial failure
>>
>>3460535
Yeah but then Fallout 76 and Starfield happened
>>
>https://forums.nexusmods.com/topic/13482003-fallout-4-script-extender-and-the-next-gen-update/
>It's going to be a while.
>The change is of the scope of Skyrim Anniversary Edition/1.6+.
>The compiler was changed, inlining drastically changed existing functions, etc.
>Currently I don't have a public estimate for completion.
>>
>>3455244
as someone who's been in the FNC and Frontier discords pre and post launch most people who try to install mods are mouth breathing retards that need to be hand held through every step
hence why both of those projects now have installers with all of the required mods included
>>
>>3460535
this thread for sure has some samefagging. im avoiding this topic on that reason alone

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.