[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1700619450030227.jpg (525 KB, 752x751)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
It's here.... and it sucks
>>
>>3458805
always has, anon. lcs is the only interesting rl toady ever made.
>>
>>3458805
What happens here?
If it's still mostly ascii you can just cut and paste some happenings right?
>>
Jesus you cunts got a problem with everything.
>>
>>3459102
That's the reality of having discernment, we engage rather than absorb.
>>
>>3458805
Just like the rest of the game since the Steam release.
And no, I'm not contrarian, I genuinely can't stand the game anymore with or without the official tileset.
Thanks for ruining one of my favourite games of all time, Toady.
>>
>>3459102
The mode released with half its features missing you cock sucking nigger. You can't even open the log, making quests even more directionless. No butchering or even abilities either.
>>
>>3459206
It's a tacked on after thought. The main attraction of the game is and will always be Fortress Mode.
>>
>>3459206
Seriously? How does it have fewer features now than it did a decade ago?
>>
>>3460510
>How does it have fewer features now than it did a decade ago?

The real TL;DR of it is that Dwarf Fortress is a multi-decades old personal project from a self-taught amateur, and this causes Toady to have a very poor ability to stop himself from pressing the self-destruct button on his own project in order to "improve" it in a way that pleases him.

Imagine trying to draw a circle, but only using straight lines, and then spending decades drawing shorter and shorter line segments trying to "smooth out" the curve you're drawing into a circle.

That's Dwarf Fortress.

Then some faggot says he wants it in multiple colors and has graphics, if he's going to buy it from Toady on the Steam games store.
... And out comes the fucking eraser ...
>>
>>3460510
B-b-but le heckin new menu UI tho!!!
>>
>>3460510
Sounds like this is the OG adventure mode being used as a base which had nothing but combat and walking around. The last version of adventure mode was a result of some big updates and incremental features.
>>
>>3459206
What? Wasn't adventure mode in for ages now?
>>
>>3459206
I just downloaded the game again and all the features are still there? wtf are you crying about?
>>
>>3460529
Well said.
>>
>>3458805
Time to wait 5 years until the steam version is at a palatable state.
>>
>>3465930
It would help if we could play with THE FUCKING KEYBOARD again. Fuck mouse controls.
>>
>>3458805
The beta is shit.
Only half the content that was present in version 0.47 is there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.