[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Dying series that refuses to die
>>
>>3460441
>Please note that, like /v/, "Generals"—long-term, one-after-the-other, recurring threads about a specific game are not permitted on /vrpg/. Such threads belong on >>>/vg/.
>>
Tales of Hebephilia
>>
>>3460449
>>3457282
>>
>>3460441
Destiny 2 update.
https://luminatales.net/2024/04/20/testing-testing-1-2-3/
>>
>>3460441
Anal
>>
>>3460441
The character designer died so ot might as well be dead
>>
>>3461046
Inomata didnt design Edna
>>
>>3461590
He means one of the main ones since it was mostly Inomata (then Fujishima for P (technically), S, A, and V) before the studio merge.
>>
are there any novelizations of the tales of series? I havent found any outside fanfiction. Bonus points if Legendia is written like a shakespearian play
>>
>>3462127
https://famitsubunko.jp/product/talesof/
I know this isn't comprehensive either, as there are a couple Phantasia novels not included here.
>>
Lailah uses diapers everyday!!!
>>
How is tales of arise?
>>
>>3462945
The last third is super rushed and a total mess that will make you mad, although to be fair a lot of Tales games have this exact problem, even fan favorites like Vesperia.

IMO, a much bigger problem with Arise is that the characters are all too serious, it's not zany anime shit anymore, it's just boring safe characters talking about slavery and racism, over and over, in every single skit.
>>
>>3463285
And gameplay, is it fun to play?
>>
>>3462945
It has DLC artes
That's so fucking scummy it makes me want to vomit. Never going to play the game ever.
>>
>>3463578
no
>>
>>3462945
i thought it was ok while i was playing it but immediately forgot everything about the story, characters, music, settings basically forgot everything about it a couple days after playing so i guess it would have to be the second least favorite in the series, zesteria is still the worst jrpg i've ever played in my life
>>
Phantasia remake is the best game in the series and it's not very close
>>
>>3464707
But there's more than one Phantasia remake.
>>
I've only played Abyss, the best part of that game for me was the cinematography, it unironically has the best cutscene direction I've seen in a JRPG, besides Vagrant Story and maybe Xenoblade 1. Do the other Tales games have as good of a voice cast and lots of different camera angles?
>>
Anal
>>
Alphen punched Dedyme because within 5 minutes he deduced that he was hungry for Shionne pussy. And he was right.
>>
>>3465859
Best scene is jude v alvin imo
https://youtu.be/EWtZT_DKmz4
>>
>>3468384
Tales of hearts R "teamwork" scene is good too
https://youtu.be/F6XYoB1mwP0?si=1DOznTkUjQve_N23
>>
yeah sorry I'm not into 20 year old games
>>
>>3468654
can you tell that to the guy who keeps making Fallout and Morrowind threads please?
>>
>>3468654
so basically this whole board then, okay
>>
>>3460666
Wow that one asshole in the comments bitching about them not updating the graphics. As if translating the whole game wasn't enough Jesus some people are so entitled
>>
>>3463578
Combat is okay besides bosses but the whole game just doesn't feel like a tales game at all and you can tell it didn't start out as one initially
>>
>>3468934
Honestly I'm kind of pissed they're considering doing anything like that at all. A fan translation should be separate from any other changes.
>>
Which version of Symphonia is the least pain to play?
>>
>>3468934
at worse this can be fixed by porting over ps2 graphic or good old ai upscaling
>>
>>3468934
>game has gorgeous 2d graphics and passable 3d graphics for world map
What exactly do they want to be improved? Zoomers are fucking weird.
>>
Latest Xillia anon, how is your play of the second game going if you're still here? You stopped posting and I'm curious.
>>
>>3472989
Same, Xillia duology is the more divisive one some people prefer 1 and other 2 , unlike the 90% prefer Berseria over Zestiria , Symphonia 1 over 2 or Destiny DC over PS1 and 2
>>
>>3460441
played
>zestiria
>berseria
>symphonia
>vesperia
>abyss
in that order
what next they havent released games in forever
>>
>>3473102
You got into a dead franchise. You missed the golden era where they pumped a fuckload of games, most fun if you enjoy ARPGs.
Play the older 2d games. They're all better than zestiria. And many are arguably better than most of the others you played
>>
>>3473161
>They're all better than zestiria
if not counting story which is kinda what these games are famous for
zestiria was the most fun for me
>>
>>3473166
wat
>>
File: 20240417192825_1.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>3472989
Wow, I just checked this thread on a whim and someone actually cares.

I played Xillia 2 for 3 hours, made those posts in the old thread, then woke up the next morning, tried playing some more and it's just a boatload of really shitty money grinding quests or collecting and sending cats to upgrade your equipment. To be honest, this blows. Is the combat really worth all this horrible busywork?
>>
>>3460441
These kind of games should have a 0% tax break, and trash like sport games should get taxed at double the normal rate.
>>
>>3473173
it was bro
its the only one i played more than once
i pirated it around 2015 and beat it
then bought it and beat it again and ng+ and then on bought berseria and symphonia
the fusion mechanic thingy was pretty fun
though non fused characters were comically weak
>>
>>3473176
If you're that put off by it, not really. The Vita remakes have better combat and aren't structured around fetch/kill quests.
>>
>>3473182
I was reacting to your spoiler, story is the last thing people typically care about in a Tales game.
>>
>>3473196
>vita remakes
I'm sorry what? Wasn't xillia permanently stuck on the ps3?
>>
File: 20240418180528_1.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1080)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>3473196
I feel kind of bad dropping a fan favorite game though, I'll probably give it another shake sometime soon. But yeah I can definitely see why the critic score for Xillia 2 was so low. And apparently you can barely change your party composition, the game forces certain "story" characters on you, so some boss fights you won't have a dedicated healer etc. So many odd design choices.

What do you mean by the Vita remakes? Hearts R etc? I'm also yet to play Abyss, so those can wait.
>>
>>3473201
really?
i dont know many series that are story centric that arent VNs
the gameplay always seems subpar to me
i thought vesperia was kinda almsot on the perfect sweetspot
i didnt really like berseria that much

but if its gameplay centric i would always choose a 4 niggas in a row type game
>>
>>3473205
Innocence R and Hearts R. My point was that Xillia 2 isn't the absolute peak of Tales combat that you NEED to put yourself through something you hate to experience.
>>
>>3473102
btw
playable on pc i got no other device
>>
File: 20240408095534_1.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>3473102
>>3473219
All of them are playable on (a non-shit) PC. I recommend Xillia (at least the first game) if you want a modern Tales game similar to Vesperia/Berseria/Zestiria. It's pretty short at only about 40 hours and very low on filler. The protagonist is kind of an anti-Velvet, which is a little funny.
>>
>>3473230
>non-shit) PC

>ryzen 5 2600
>1050ti

idk if i can run the ps3 ones
>>
>>3473236
Someone in the RPCS3 forums claims to have gotten full speed in Xillia with a 2600, so you're probably fine.
>>
>>3473236
Oh, don't bother then, PS3 emulation is very CPU heavy. Here's a helpful chart from their discord, your CPU is listed as "D Tier".
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rpq_2D4Rf3g6O-x2R1fwTSKWvJH7X63kExsVxHnT2Mc/edit#gid=0
>>
>>3473176
Ah, yeah that was my guess as to what had happened. I enjoyed the game, but it's definitely a divisive entry like the other anon said, and you'd not be the first player I see dropping it in the first hours especially if you enjoyed the first game.

If after they reveal what the plot actually is going to be the game isn't grabbing you (more or less around the time you are told to meet with Bisley and he explains what the strange places you've been visiting are), then I say play another Tales. You can always go back to it later, but if it's tedious now it's only going to get worse when you're told to revisit all of Rieze Maxia again.
>>
File: 20240417183724_1.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>3473788
>If after they reveal what the plot actually is going to be the game isn't grabbing you
While googling for other people's impressions and the like, I got accidentally spoiled that Ludger is Victor and that there are parallel universes, apparently there's one where the Chimeriad are still alive, so idk if it's still worth playing for the story. The party member side stories are probably interesting though, people tend to praise them from what I've read.
>>
>>3473791
There were at least four of those involving the Chimeriad that I can remember, in Leia's, Alvin's, Gaius' and Elize's character episodes. Minus one of them, I think they were alright at least.

There's more to the main story than that, or at least it is interesting to see it unfold to see how it happens. But the game is shorter than the first one: it was padded with the debt to make it less obvious, but it really is a game that was developed in barely one year. With that and the reused assets everywhere, whether you like it or not will really depend on how much you can overlook its flaws in benefit of the parts you actually like. It might also help if you don't play them back-to-back: there really aren't that many new places to revisit, and some fractured dimensions do not actually have an interesting history to tell.
>>
File: 20240418180546_1.jpg (413 KB, 1920x1080)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>3473803
I'll give it another shot once I'm done with my current Elden Ring run. From what I've been reading online, you just fight legendary monsters and ignore the bulk of job requests, right? What about the equipment upgrades, is Kitty Dispatch really that important?
>>
>>3473102
>zestiria
If you like the combat without mana and being step heavy, try graces f
>berseria
If you like the Soul gauge system play Arise.
If you like the characters try Eternia or Destiny for Ps2
>>symphonia
>>vesperia
>>abyss
If you like the pseudo fighting Game meet arpg combat, try Xillia 1/2 and Hearts R.
>>
>>3473808
Most of the debt that's needed to clear out the main story can be paid with the Elite monsters. As for the rest of the debt, you can leave that for the postgame: the EX dungeon makes it way easier. Or frankly, if you are playing in RPCS3 you can cheat yourself some Gald in. It was different for me back then, Xillia only became playable there in 2020 or so

Some missions in the job board do have some of a plot, and are also time-sensitive. It will soon become easy for you to tell just by description alike, but these were usually marked in a different color. Take those. They will give you some hindsight to things about some of the new cast's past (like Julius, Bisley, or Rideaux) that you won't be able to know otherwise. Still, be aware that most of this information was left in guides and manuals they released after the game: the first Xillia was exactly the same with the Chimeriad's past. The Taleslations blog has most of these.

I'm afraid this part is blurrier for me because it's been years and in NG+ you don't need to pay that much attention anymore, but Kitty Dispatch does give you some items needed to clear missions. You can always change it to the day you need by changing the date in the console, but if you're just starting you could take it easy: some cats will be missable with time-sensitive missions after some chapters, but most of them can be found anytime. I'm sure there's a guide to find them too. You can beat the game without special weapons made from the custom orders, this game isn't Zestiria.
>>
>>3473844
This page seems good https://aselia.fandom.com/wiki/Sealed_Weapons but again, I don't think you actually need to worry about all these to beat the game, much less when you're just in the first chapters. I also didn't play in English, so I don't actually know the very specific equivalent names
>>
>>3473236
PS3s are super cheap on ebay and every model is pirateable now
>>
>>3472620
they all have pros and cons. just dont grab the switch version. the best looking version will be the gamecube version, but either remaster isnt that bad. just grab what's convenient. i believe they fixed the lag on the more recent remaster
>>
>>3473236
if you're pirating anyways, try it just to see. tales games are some of the least taxing titles in the library.
>>
>>3472620
do you have a gamecube???
>>
wow actual women
>>
Edna is a whore
>>
>>3477816
So are you.
>>
>>3477816
Anal whore
>>
>>3477816
Edna is (made for) vore.
>>
File: 914103.png (101 KB, 640x960)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
Onee-san.
>>
>>3479691
This game made me realize the needing for the modern age to have more shota x big girl games.
>>
File: 255.png (566 KB, 665x914)
566 KB
566 KB PNG
Edna is a petite woman
>>
Edna has no tits
>>
Which combat system should I model my Taleslike after, and what modern mechanics should I shoehorn in?
>>
>>3481508
fuck off faggot
>>3480191
you'll never amount to anything
>>
Hebes
>>
Rays rumored to get EoS this year
>>
>>3484244
Rumored by whom? 2ch, who has been saying that for at least two years now?
>>
File: eos predictions.png (295 KB, 1430x1696)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>3484244
>>
Anal
>>
What do you guys think about Destiny DC? I'm up to Toukei and I think of maybe dropping it. Battles are fun but dungeons are ass.
>>
File: Destiny+2 blacks.png (2.7 MB, 3820x916)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB PNG
>>3486055
At least go until you finish the first half (you'll know when that is).
Generally yeah, I agree. Random battles + the hallways are always going to be not that fun, but combat itself is pretty great, and I do like the swordian level up system and the characters in the game a ton.

My concern for you is that there is a portion of the game midway through the second half which is essentially like ... 5-7 (I don't remember exactly) dungeons in a row, which can be rough.
>>
>>3486055
How are the dungeons ass?
>>
Give me Tales of Berseria tier party with the over world scope of Symphonia
>>
File: REUNION01L.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>3486083
Shit, I'll keep going. I really liked Narakiri Dungeon X and people say Destiny DC is comparable in combat. It is fun, and I don't feel like I nailed the mechanics down yet.

>swordian level up system
Really really cool. I did notice that slotting it for actual use versus slotting it to farm mastery really affects the game. A boss fight can go from being difficult to being a cakewalk just by slotting in CC points or extra attack.

Would have been perefable if it wasn't usage based but rather you'd get something like mastery points you could distribute yourself.

>5-7 (I don't remember exactly) dungeons in a row
That does sound rough lmao

>>3486606
Well, like the other anon said long hallways or areas with plenty of random encounter. Not a big fan of the puzzles either. Might be my personal bias but nowadays I don't have a lot of patience for random encounters.
>>
File: IMG_0009.jpg (3.66 MB, 2115x3042)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>
>>3481508
2D either Eternia, Destiny DC, or Narikiri Dungeon X
>>
>>3486055
Really enjoying it but I get what you mean about the dungeons and travelling not being too fun. They feel like a chore sometime and the world isn't as engaging as the other games for me. I feel like I should enjoy the characters too but they've just been "Good to eh". It shows how Eternia onward they've improved on the personalities.

The sick battle system is what makes me keep playing though. Despite just playing Stahn solely for my 1st playthrough, I see why peeps say this is the best 2D combat. Status Effects can go yo hell though.

Just wondering if I'll eventually get ways to increase CC past 10? I see the pro players having like 25 CC. That's so far the only limiting factor for me.
>>
Playing Abyss for the first time. I see a common theme about this cast is their refusal to elaborate even when it would help the situation considerably. Although where Luke's personality is concerned, I don't blame them because he was a brat for a while and that would definitely get one someone's nerves.
Looking forward to see how he develops after the stuff at the mines.
>>
Vaginal
>>
>>3487377
His attitude change felt almost abrupt after that segue. Makes sense to a degree for how much he wanted to change, but it was almost like a total 180 that it felt jarring. Several characters even comment on that for good reason.
>>
>>3491174
I can buy someone going all in on changing themselves after something as terrible as that
>>
symphonia remastered is on sale for 20
>>
>>3491174
Remember that he had everyone ditch him and then was forced to watch Asch for however many days it took to go from Yulia City to the events at Ortion. At first it comes across as him overcompensating but people like Tear put him in his place and it mellows out.
>>
>>3491930
Just play it on your gamecube with the copy you bought 20 years ago
>>
>Rays got EoS
RIP
Yes im from near future
>>
>Destiny 2 is getting a translation patch
I just remember it being awful to play as melee characters because nothing would stagger.
>>
>>3492998
D2's system gets more enjoyable the more familiar you get with it, and just like with Rebirth it requires rewiring your brain from the usual Tales systems. For D2, one of the directional basic attacks gets a bonus to accuracy, which is what determines whether enemies stagger. Using titles that give accuracy on level up also helps astronomically, as does customizing your artes with accuracy bonuses.
I threw in the towel on my first playthrough and just mained Reala, spamming Ancient Nova through the game and had basically no fun. It became one of my favorites on a replay and actually dedicating myself to engaging with the system properly.
>>
>>3493020
I enjoyed Rebirth when I played it like 10 years ago with no real Japanese knowledge. Couldn't finish D2 but given that the patch is coming out eventually, I'll try to build around accuracy and see if it becomes fun.
>>
>>3492917
When you've doomposted it for four years, eventually you will strike gold. Good luck, good luck.
>>
What's the best version of each Tales of game?
>>
>>3494035
ToP-Version bundled with ND1 Remake PSP
ToD-PS2 DC
ToE-Either is fine
ToD2-PSP for OOL/content, PS2 for multiplayer
ToS-GC for 60 FPS, PS4 otherwise for extra content
ToR-Same as ToD2
ToI-R only on Vita
ToH-Both DS and R on Vita are good.
ToG-PS3 or RPCS3
ToV-Definite Edition on any platform, except the Shitch
ToX 1 and ToX 2-RPCS3 only, these game struggle a lot on real hardware.
ToZ-PC with patch
ToB-PS4 or PC is fine.
Arise-Who gives a shit, but PS5 struggles the most of the two current consoles in Quality Mode.
>>
>>3494052
Vesperia is actually a decent port unlike Symphonia, so it runs decently on every console.
>>
>>3494081
Except on PC where it still has controller issues if you're unlucky. I can't even remember what I had to do to fix it at this point.
>>
>>3494052
The Vesperia remaster has crashing issues on all platforms, so the PS3 original is "better" but it's JP only.
>>
>>3493261
No. Its EoS for good. See

>>>/vmg/1476650
>>>/vmg/1476654
>>
>>3484390
Lol
>>
Literally less than 2 weeks away from Tales fes, what a timing for this announcement.
>>
>>3484390
laugh at this retard
>>
So they have to show something at Tales Fest, right? Or will it have more Arise-wankery and Tomizawa going on about how hard they are working on the next game and to please support him.
>>
>>3494271
Zelos telling everybody it's the last Tales Fes with no plans for any games would be pretty funny.
>>
>>3494273
I've seen jp comments say that he said last year that that one might be the last so some people were surprised they announced one this year.
>>
I wish Udo being release means he is working on a new tales
>>
>>3494243
I don't have to. I'm laughing at you for doomposting about a game for four years and then thinking that being right in the end it's a win.
>>
>>3494424
It's ok to post something stupid.
It's ok to be wrong.
It's ok to be laughed at for being a fucking retard.
>>
>>3494436
Right back at you, buddy. Fortunately for me, I am not any of the people who had such pitiful lives they'd decide to come to /vmg/ just to doompost every few weeks for four years straight, and then consider that being right when they say it for the thousandth time is a victory. Even a broken clock is still right twice a day, who knew?
>>
>>3494236
>"time to celebrate! except that uh... uhhhh..."
>>3494271
tofes is too niche to announce arise's successor in it
>>
>>3494452
Agree, if anything they will announce a Port or a gacha.
Tales of 2025 could be announce in Game fest , Microsoft next direct or Game awards.
I just hope they let a Tiny team to work on a different style Game while the main work on another Arise-like
>>
>>3494483
wonder what happened to the rumored official destiny remaster, but frankly i'd take almost anything. still a crime that even the "easily portable" games like xillia or graces haven't left ps3 jail
>>
>>3494483
tales of eternia team is working on that slime game now so probably not yet
>>
>>3494619
What have you seen that would suggest anyone from Eternia is working on it? Hell, at this point all that's left from Eternia's staff should be Udo and Kikuchi (who's just a hands-off producer at this point)
>>
>PS3 Tales games delisted
>Inomata des
>Rays Ded

Is this the most over its ever been?
>>
>>3494968
Dont forget Tales of Festival 2024 will be the last.
It seems they will shelved the series for good now. Fuck Bamco
>>
>>3494968
I don't know what Bamco is doing with their long running franchises since SRW and Tales seem to be getting really shit treatment from them for the longest while.
For Tales, I believe that Baba is to Namco as Inafune is to Capcom.
>>
>>3495090
They shut down the studio.
Is really that simple.
Tales isnt profitable anymore
>>
>>3495092
Tales hasn't had a studio for over a decade.
>>
>>3460449
Generals for games that get autodeleted due to lack of posters belong here.
>>
>>3495092
>Tales isn't profitable anymore
Tales as a franchise has generally been low to medium budget with decent returns. You can see it with every single remaster of Symphonia and the various ports.
What's far more likely is that they don't know what to do with the franchise going forward in conjunction with Rays reaching the saturation point that plagues mobage.
>>
I just finished Vesperia, which was also my first Tales game.
I didn't like that party members were constantly leaving and rejoining throughout the story and the combat was also tedious with even weak enemies being damage sponges.
Are all Tales games like this? Because I have Symphonia and Berseriia on my backlog.
>>
File: FndGo5zakAEMoaY.jpg (87 KB, 1256x637)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>3494638
how similar the battle from the trailer is with toe.
could had only been one of two staff that worked on tales of game to be fair
ZOC Co and MONKEYCRAFT is making that game,and MONKEYCRAFT had leave a Quickie refrence before
>>
>>3495356
>Are all Tales games like this?
Basically, yes.

Enemies are "spongy" to encourage combos, party members leave and rejoin as a cheap drama device.
>>
>>3495421
I just compared the credits of that Klonoa game with Eternia and there aren't any Eternia developers that worked on it.
All the trailer shows of the battle system is the fact that it's 2D and that characters have special attacks, which isn't really enough to call it similar to a specific Tales game. The 2D Tales have vastly different systems.
>>
What is it about Alisha that inspires so much nonsense? If memory serves me correctly, she was a massive flop in every gacha, and no one liked the back half of the anime because they wrote the plot to shill her at its detriment.
>>
>>3495356
I’m gonna attribute a fair chunk of said “sponginess” to you being new and hence bad at the game, especially with Vesperia, who gives you some pretty strong options for clearing things (fatal strikes for instance). Outside of like bosses and stuff which obviously should take longer, if you’re on the curve for equipment and levelling (i.e. you haven’t been avoiding lots of fights) most fights are going to be under 30 seconds if that.

In terms of people moving in and out of your party, yeah that happens in pretty much every Tales game. I don’t really mind it if I’m being honest? It makes the characters feel more like people instead of items that you get once and then have forever, and it also is a way of encouraging you to switch up your party.
On that note, I REALLY hope you didn’t play the entire game as Yuri, because if you did you basically threw away 88% of the gameplay. Vesperia excels in that all 9 characters are rather deep and fun to play so if you didn’t go and use them you’ve done a huge disservice to yourself in terms of the game. If you haven’t already, I really encourage doing the Arena fights for everyone - it’s some of the most fun in the game.
>>
>>3496079
Characters like Judith require a good bit of grinding to feel functional. On a fresh run, it really is just Yuri, Flynn and couple others that are easy to pick up and play.
>>
>>3496125
Judith requires literal end-game final dungeon and post game equipment skills to do basic air combos and movement. She's unfun and unusable
>>
I really hate Arise anons. I know I didn't finish the game but that's case I was not having fun at all. Most of the cast are eh to unlikable specifically Alphen preaches like some guru when he hasn't earned it. There's something with the English dub and script that just make him sound like a know it all. I like the idealistic and good natured, believing in everyone MCs a lot but the dude doesn't have the same honesty or sincerity for me.

The battle system being so haphazard that it has clashing elements with each other to the point bosses become an unfun shitfuck of a time. The lack of 2D assets and such removing the colorful charm (the graphics have colors I know) that the series always had to have casual mass appeal.

All other places Ive read hugbox this damn game just cause it sold a million copies and made Tales noticed by the masses. So far nothing has come out of doing all of this and now even Rays gets canned and we have no idea what they will be doing next or any at all...

I'm glad we have the fan patches coming cause with how it looks, the series may not survive anymore or be something that's way too different than what I love. I welcomed the changes since a series can always have different interpretations of itself but the said changes sacrificed more than it should.
>>
>>3495446
>>3496079
I appreciate the feedback, but out of all JRPG I've played the Tales series has the least fun gameplay to me.
Star Ocean did it better.
>>
[x] did it better is always the gayest shitpost/"opinion"
>>
File: 2285.jpg (438 KB, 842x1191)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>3496125
>>3496222
>muh Judy
people really overexaggerate her way too fucking much imo. Like sure, you can do crazy ass 90 hit solo-combos where you never touch the ground and shit, and that requires abusing movement tech and having every skill she has in the game, but you don't fucking need to be doing that and that's by no means the skill floor for when she gets fun as a character.
Literally just get to the point where you can do a basic launcher into carry combo and you're set. The novelty of doing shit in midair is fun enough even if you're not pulling off crazy combo resets and doing everything.
You get skills at a steady rate too. By the time you're done the desert you've got Aerial Artes 1+2, Aerial Jump, and Aerial Combo, then the moment you get her back again you get Super Combo 4 and Combo Plus. You can do *a lot* right from that point. And much like with Vesperia's entire design philosophy, it'd be a lot if you were just dumped with all of her skills right from the start. Having it progress so you can get used to each of them and slowly incorporate each skill works. And if you play her periodically like everyone else, the "grind" to unlock extra arte features is pretty mitigated. It's not like Rita where if you want the best fireballs you're casting it 3000 times, pretty much everything unlocks at either 100 or 200.

>On a fresh run, it really is just Yuri, Flynn and couple others that are easy to pick up and play
I heavily disagree with this. Patty is fantastic, Estelle is my favourite healer character in the entire series, there's so many different ways you can play as Raven, etc. If I had complaints, it'd be that Rita is pretty generic Mage character, but she's one of the best examples of said generic mage characters just because of how many tools she has to use. Karol starts off slow but as soon as you get charge and especially his web and baseball artes he becomes substantially better. It's a game where you really want to play all 9.
>>
>>3496282
Most of Judith's arts aren't aerial enabled unless you either get them to 200 uses or get the corresponding aerial armor skills. The latter set of skills are also expensive and you won't be able to equip all of them at once until practically NG+.
NG Vesperia and NG+ Vesperia are like two different games.
>>
>>3496395
Aerial Artes 1 (for standard artes, which are also all the ones that require 200 uses) comes on her default sub-weapon Boots, which you have no reason to not have equipped until you’re at the point where you either have enabled all the artes through use or have just gotten a lot of skill points.
You don’t even need to equip any source of Aerial Arts 2 (for arcane, most of which are 100 uses) because the first like… 5 arcane artes you get already function without it and by that point you’re leveled a ton.
And because of how incremental the skill learning is, half the time you’ll have another one of the 7/10 point skills on the weapon you have (with other less important skills), and a lot of the big ones show up on multiple weapons so even if you’re learning different other skills you don’t have to pay the skill cost to have that big combo skill.
The game gives you so many tools to have her work, and even the arte progression functions to serve that. I’m sorry but I just don’t agree with you here - and this comes from my own experience with the game and re checking with the skills. She’s playable mate.
> NG Vesperia and NG+ Vesperia are like two different games.
That’s for literally every character tho.
>>
>>3496579
Yuri gets his tools the earliest out of everyone in Vesperia. For a blind player, he's the one that's going to be the most developed in NG.
>>
i know its never gonna happen but im praying that we get a phantasia remake at talesfest
>>
>>3496697
We already had NDX and the other Phantasia remake.
>>
>>3496715
We already had Symphonia remastered yet look what we got.
>>
>>3496728
Symphonia "remastered" is a nothing port of the PS2 version.
Phantasia was remade at least 2-3 times already.
>>
File: eatingwithmaxwell.png (2.37 MB, 1466x1356)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>>
>>3496690
Okay? That doesn’t mean anyone should only play as Yuri. It’s still willingly depriving yourself of a massive portion of the game - which is silly.
>>
>>3496781
This is how it usually goes
>Okay let me try these other characters
>Character feels awkward and clunky due to mechanic quirks or taking longer to get the relevant skills (if at all)
>Damn, let me go back to Yuri then
Seen it happen all the time.
>>
>>3496826
I actually let the AI take control of Yuri while I mainly spammed Fireball with Rita all the way to endgame... with the occasional Splash for fire resistant/absorbing enemies.
>>
>>3496829
Sounds like a fucking miserable experience.
>>
>>3496826
i used estelle instead because she plays more like a traditional tales protagonist than yuri
>>
>>3496826
ADHD people shouldn’t be playing 80+ hour RPGs in the first place.
>>3496829
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>3497092
>ADHD
>For refusing to use someone that's not Yuri or likely Flynn
>>
>>3496757
Which is exactly his point. It doesn't matter what we already got. If they're gonna do it they will regardless of how redundant.
>>
>>3496826
So what? Being able to make your experience of a game enjoyable is a skill and if you lack it you're bad at video games.
>>
>>3497295
This is a complete non sequitur to the discussion at hand. I'm just saying that there are cases of people trying out other characters and deciding to use Yuri because he's the one that they like using the most. And I don't see a problem with that. You don't have to play someone that's not the MC in an attempt to impress some rando on the internet, just use whoever you like the most.
>>
>>3497458
>I'm just saying that there are cases of people trying out other characters and deciding to use Yuri because he's the one that they like using the most
And I'm saying that those people suck at video games. Yes you've made a correct observation that most people don't know how to play with a toy. They suck at it. Draw a conclusion from your reasoning for once and stop posting shit on the internet just to disagree over things.
>>
>Nooooooo you can't use the MC
Is this really what this retarded "debate" is about?
>>
>>3497575
It started as "Vesperia's combat progression outside of Yuri is shit" and ended up as "No skill you're bad i'm better" What a complete retard.
>>
This is why I like Abyss. C Cores and FSCs are universal and as long as you don't fuck up, everyone progresses at a relatively even rate.
>>
File: 3644.jpg (1.1 MB, 1149x2357)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>3497883
>>3497575
In my defense, my (being the person talking about Judith) last post was this >>3496781 - the rest of it where it got off rails was some other people. Everything I've said I still stand by.

>>3497995
I can't say I was a fan of them. In practical terms C.Cores often just amounted to a lot of busy work, and the unfortunate thing is that said busywork never actually ends. You're always switching around cores after someone levels up, and if you don't people fall behind, and you need to do that every level up because you're never going to have an even amount of "good" cores, and even if you did the way the skills system works with them is heavily biased towards certain stats - making the cores that boost those stats necessarily important for being cycled around - you need 200 P.Atk to get the last Combo Plus - nothing else even needs 100 of something.
I also don't really like how it indirectly encourages you to play the game as little as possible. Because if you fight more, you level up more, and every level up you get that's earlier in the game only means that your character is going to be weaker at the end of things. Ideally you only do mandatory fights right up until the end of the game where you can get the good Cores, but playing that way is insane. It's a weird anti-grinding system that I'm not fond of.
And those things keep up throughout the entire game - Art unlocking in Vesperia might be annoying, but once you do it it's over and you don't have to think about again.

FSC are okay, but they honestly feel irrelevant 99% of the time. And you get so few Grass or Sunlight ones unless you grind stealing them.

>everyone progresses at a relatively even rate
There's some really big jumps from equipment if you go and use the trade shop, even casually, but idk how fair it is to count that. You can get Katanas super early and then not need to get a new sword for like half the game's run-time.
>>
>>3498222
Nah, 80/80 P.Atk/Agi is enough for the basic string for Base, Base, Arcane or Base, Arcane, Base. If you're a caster then you prioritize Speed Cast at 60 F.Atk and IIRC 30 Agi for the one that removes lag time at the end of casts. You can get Speed Cast by like Akzeriuth or a little after for two characters with just the basic ass cores that you get on your first run. Physical Combos get the first super chain around mid act two and are likely to get the second one in Act 3.
FSCs do make a difference since you can use them to extend buff duration/strength and certain chains basically don't work without Cobalt and/or Sunlights.
Core autism is mostly relevant on the highest difficulties when defenses reach idiotic levels but those are NG+ things where you're likely to have a copy or two of every core before attempting.
>>
>>3498262
You still gotta rotate everything back and forth though, because 4/6 people want the magic skills and 5/6 people want the combos, and literally everyone wants Glory, and preferably sometime before the Nebilim fight. It's not quite berseria's level of mess, but it still leads to more tedium than it should.

I'm iffy on cobalts desu. I don't know how much the time extention for buffs is (or even if it's flat time or percentage based) but I really don't notice it. And using them for knockback purposes has applications, but you're just about as likely to hit an enemy out of range for an attack as you are to hit them into one, especially given different enemy types. And for a lot of spells I'd rather have a grass given some of the big tp costs that exist (Holy Song)
Sunlights are great, but as I said you just don't get very many which sucks.
>>
>>3498324
Luke and Guy get priority on the combo skills, everyone else should focus on casting became F. Def is generally lower than P.Def or you're Natalia who's busy being the primary healer once Tear gets unlocks Eclair. Of course, there isn't enough to go around so people will have to take turns every ~10 or so levels but as long as you know what you're doing then everyone should be ready or close enough in time for Van.
Stuff like Glory aren't realistically happening until NG+. You're probably better off going for a Luke/Guy + 3x Caster team and relying on spells and your combo for stagger locking the enemy instead.
As for Cobalt, IIRC Guy has a near infinite with Severing Wind + Dragon Tempest that just doesn't work unless you use Cobalt. Longer duration time for buffs also means that you need to recast them less which is why Cobalt is good on Holy Song. TP management for regular crawling is basically solved once you get Fruit Cocktails anyway.
Value of Sunlights depends on the team and arte in question. If you're spamming Light and Dark FoFs like many do, then they're only useful on characters that can generate their own FoFs and the corresponding chains.
>>
>>3496238
Don't worry, I and many others also hate the game. I'd say the graphics are the only redeeming quality. Everything is just different levels of infuriating.
>>
>>3497092
>>3496830
By the time Vesperia DE came out, I became more or less a gachafag and Rita was the most braindead to use.
>>
File: 1122.png (980 KB, 1001x728)
980 KB
980 KB PNG
>>3498586
>>
>>3498599
There's just something about Vespy that just rubs me wrong way let alone all of games after the studio merge.
Hell, I've been enjoying PS2 Destiny thanks to the translation patch more anyway.
>>
>>3498602
Destiny DC is fun, but the second half gets real tedious
>>
>>3498599
God i want to rape this hebe so bad
>>
>>3498605
Who doesn't. No such thing as "consensual" in her books.
>>
Generic MMO healer, the character
>>
For me, it's Magilou
>>
Only redeeming quality of berseria is the desire of more stories about shotas and their big oneesan carving for their dick.
>>
>>3499844
you could have posted characters from like, half the games in the series, but you picked one of the handful where that doesn't apply.
>>
>>3499844
estelle is unironically the most interesting healer maiden ever put into a jrpg
>not a retard, is actually one of the most well read characters in the game without ritas autistic hyperfixation on blastia, is just naive due to being sheltered her entire life
>her desire to mindlessly heal anything injured in front of her causes trouble several times throughout the game
>instead of a broad with a staff that sits in the back spamming heal is actually a badass magic knight style character with the with the highest overall defensive statline in the game, p/m attack on par with rita and yuri (held back by having worse multipliers on her moves) while also being an extremely good combo of a tank (the AI favors attacking whoever is in slot one, so moon selector off her while she has a defensive heavy AI and watch as the enemies set themselves up for yuri to stab them in the ass all day) and support character that has all the crazy healing/buffs/combo setup spells you would want from a character like this - also there was that glitch in the 360 version where she just makes everyone invincible forever which was cool too.

yuri, rita and estelle are basically peak jrpg performance for their niches and the biggest issue with vesperia is that everyone else kind of sucks in gameplay and story by comparison outside of the dog who doesn't count
>>
Destiny 2 or Rebirth translation when?
>>
File: GGqbUjLagAEg7FZ.jpg (445 KB, 1567x2035)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
Based and Estelle pilled bros.
>>
>>3500293
> everyone else kind of sucks in gameplay
Ehh. You can definitely make gameplay cases for Patty and Raven (objectively a better healer than Estelle) and high-end Judith.

Karol’s okay, he’s just slow. I think he has a real solid story though. He makes a good NPC party member, cause the computer can target his heal circles better than a player can, and he can apply his debuffs which are really good. IMO he’s definitely the most underrated Vesperia, but it’s hard to compete when Tidal Wave Rita is your competition.
>>
>>3500450
I say everyone else kind of sucks because they're kind of just worse versions of the big three I outlined. they start out worse, take longer to "get going" in terms of artes/skills and then once everyone is maxed out they're still worse.

they're fine and there's definitely little quirks that might make them more fun to someone or justify a cool use and since the game has 4 slots and encourages replaying it several times anyway there's no reason to not try out everyone but its like. why play karol and spam 1 move in overlimit or do sick combos as judith when yuri does both of those at the same time but better
>>
>>3500469
>why
Because people play games to have fun, not just finish the game in the minimum amount of time? I don’t get your mindset
>>
>>3500508
>Because people play games to have fun
*record scratch* Hi, I’m anon. You might remember me from posts such as “you didn’t like that game you liked” and “you didn’t have fun playing that game you enjoyed”. I’m here today to tell you about how you think and feel.
>>
>>3500522
Come on. Don’t act like a retard.
Asking “why bother not playing the lowest effort and and most straightforward option” is much more “telling people how to have fun” because you’re dismissing every other style of playing the game offhand.
People play the other characters because it is more fun for them, you seem confused at understanding that very simple response.
>>
Tales of Series is dead....
>>
>>3500529
I’m not the anon you were responding to, I just found it funny that /vrpg/ occasionally (okay often) needs to be reminded that people are supposed to play games to have fun.
>>
>>3500536
Id bet on a new title being announced in november. They've been saying that their working on something for the 30th and itll probably be rushed and released winter 2025
>>3500541
rpgs are for numerical analysis and optimal play. anything else is blasphemy /s
>>
>>3500559
>They've been saying that their working on something for the 30th
When have they said this? As far as I know the only things we know about current Tales development come from hirings (multiple battle system designers and one other position that I forget) and Anabuki non-specifically saying he's back working on Tales. I haven't heard anything about the anniversary specifically, but I haven't been keeping up with interviews in the past few months.
>>
>>3500559
To keep the fanbase Alive, Tales need at least 1 gacha with tons of legacy characters like Rays. Doubt this will happen. Bamco took easy way out and shelved this series and continue milking Big 3 Anime games + Raping Akira Toriyama corpse
>>
>>3500536
Have you considered learning English so you post more than the same ten words every time?
>>
File: 17.jpg (36 KB, 251x270)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3500809
Me speak Tales
>>
>>3500536
Cats have 9 lives
*neko in Japanese
>>
>>3500569
>Tomizawa: We are celebrating the 30th anniversary in 2025. If we are unable to prepare a new 30th anniversary title by then, then I have not fulfilled my responsibility. Rather than making a commemorative title because it's the 30th anniversary, we want to make a game that fans are looking for in the series. While we are focused on developing new works regularly, we will not ignore the request for ports or remakes from past works.
https://www.abyssalchronicles.com/news/tales-of-arise-producer-yusuke-tomizawa-discusses-3d-cg-vs-2d-anime-style-remakes-tales-of-series-30th-anniversary-and-more-in-famitsu-interview
>>
>>3500842
That's a general comment from right after Arise's release, not actual confirmation that they're working on something. Him "not fulfilling his responsibility" is very much a possibility.
>>
>>3500844
Then what about this article from December 2023 https://www.siliconera.com/bandai-namco-game-creators-share-their-plans-for-2024/
He has definitely repeated it a few times. I remember reading it more than once. His incompetence is obvious though, I'd not deny that.
>>
>>3500846
See that's the kind of thing that makes me more worried than reassured that they are working on something. "We continue to move and think about our duties and evolutions" is PR gobbledygook that doesn't actually mean anything, I don't trust him for a second.
>>
>>3500857
> I don't trust him for a second
Me neither. I'm not the original anon and I'm also not actually expecting him to have any new game (or remaster for all it's worth) to show for 2025, I just wanted to add sources because it is indeed something I can confirm he has said a few times. Then again he's also been saying since 2018 that he took the position from Yasuhiro Fukaya that we had remasters coming up, so his word is not worth anything.
>>
>>3500529
>>3500508
it's not "why are you not having fun in the way I want" so much as "you can do everything that makes this character more fun + a bunch of other shit because they're way more fleshed out, so the first guy can feel a little redundant" unless you're playing multiplayer and then someone just has to settle.

one thing I will say, the TP system in the team symphonia games goes a long way towards fixing this. it's a lot easier to justify playing someone like karol when he's sitting there with a max TP bar that would otherwise going unused, may as well have him and the rest of the jobber squad burn their shit on random battles so I can save the yuri/rita stunlock train for the boss even if players who just want to do the cool combo mad shit they saw every fight are going to be pissed wishing this game had CC instead.
>>
It's understated because many of us only talk about NG+ onwards but its important to remember that your have to like playing the game first to even consider doing NG+ content in general. In most games, the MC is generally the easiest person to pick up and learn due to getting tools the earliest. The games also tend to put you in positions where you have to use them. Consequently, a newer player is going to default to say Lloyd or Yuri or whoever because they're conditioned towards it.
>>
>>3500865
> you can do everything that makes this character more fun
Here’s the thing though - I don’t think that’s the case with any of the characters in Vesperia. All 9 of them are substantially distinct, and can do things that none of the other 8 can do. There is no “settling” because they all play extremely differently and they’re all worth playing and learning.

>>3500879
> It's understated because many of us only talk about NG+ onwards
I don’t really think that’s true. Especially in my case, I’ve been talking exclusively from the perspective of a first playthrough, because frankly you can’t expect a person to play a 80+ hour, single player game more than once.
And because most people are only going to be playing it once, instead of defaulting to one one person, instead I think it encourages people to get all that they can out of the game from that one playthrough. And that encourages people to use guides to find anything hidden/missable is a really big incentive to play every character, because if you’re not going to play the game again you’re losing the opportunity to ever experience a massive part of the game.

What I think is a more useful factor to look at is if a theoretical player is new to RPGs or experienced in the genre. Because that “learn the protagonist and stick with them forever because that’s easiest” thing you’re describing does exist, but I would say in general it only exists to a substantial extent in the former group. With experienced players - those who have played a tales fame before, or even just those who are familiar with and have played a bunch of other rpgs - you really expect to see the opposite effect, where they’re more inclined to branch away and try to experience the game in full.
>>
>>3500536
God i want to rape this hebe so bad
>>
>>3500978
Using a guide to ensure that you don't get trolled by Brionac and other nonsense =/= using everyone. At most you might get them to try out a character for the arena due to the mandatory solos if they're so inclined.
>>
File: GOooGS5bMAAxfrF.png (2.23 MB, 1500x890)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>
>>3501037
Using a guide is a lot more intrusive and more effort than just playing the game. A lot more people are going to be screwing around with other characters than 100%-ing the game.
>>
>>3501658
No wonder Tales is dead
>>
>>3501708
What's wrong. Not enough Arise characters?
Also glad we can drop the lie that Edna is the most popular Zestiria girl.
>>
>>3501722
Did i hit a nerve ?
>>
>>3501670
Abyss and Vesperia have developed a reputation for missable shit and spoiler free checklists exist. Not many people like being told that you have to use everyone in comparison.
>>
>>3501744
Is your confusion that you think being told
>You are missing out if you don't play as all the characters
is the same as
>Some man on the internet is forcing you to play video games a certain way
?
>>
>>3501744
shut the fuck up already holy shit it's a god damn video game you're getting dramatic over someone who played a game being recommended to try a different thing in the game
>>
>>3501820
>Hey, I think you should try out a different character on your next playthrough
Can come across differently to
>You're missing out a massive chunk of the game by not using someone else
I understand the intent behind your post. It's just that in some pockets of the fanbase and others, there's a pretty bad case of telling people how they should play a 80 hour jrpg.
>>
i say we all come together and make a tales fangame
who's with me
>>
>>3501744
actual human beings just do that shit on NG+, that thing the team symphonia games do extremely well with all the grade shop extras and things that are NEW GAME PLUS ONLY ANWAY SO YOU LITERALLY CAN'T 100% THE FUCKING GAME ON YOUR FIRST RUN NO MATTER HOW MANY GUIDES YOU READ
if you actually sat there and pulled up a guide at every single plot beat to make sure you didn't miss brioniac, a weapon for a character you definitely didn't even use all that much, you're a jackass

stop treating video games like a fucking checklist. you aren't supposed to grind your artes for 100 of uses when you first get a character so you can do a slightly better combo, you're supposed to carry your uses between playthroughs so you don't plateau in character power outside of linear stat increases after the first go around. if you don't care about the game enough to NG+ it you probably definitely don't need to minmax the combo system
>>
>>3502060
New game plus is irrelivent to 95% of players. It really isn’t an issue to unlcok artes for your characters in your first play through - pretty much all of it will cone through regular play if you’re not just doing the same combo throughout the whole game.
You don’t even need to play the characters, just enable/disable the AI’s artes to the ones you want them to increase usages on.
I really think people really overestimate how much work it is - compared to say locking crystal eres in Legendia it’s a much less tedious system, and there’s no RNG to it either.
>>
>>3501960
Genre?
>>
>>3502202
Tactical Turn Based RPG
>>
>>3502060
>>3502135
Stop putting words in my mouth. None of the things that you brought up are things that I suggested that people do on their first run. Two entire posts, and all you did is argue against a strawman.
>>
>>3501960
They already did it's called star ocean
>>
>>3502330
Pseud

>>3502202
Finding One and Together’s Hope RPG
>>
>>3502367
The two posts you replied to are saying vastly different things, I’m pretty sure they’re different people.
I don’t know if you read them all the way through.
>>
>>3502135
50 on each base that's part of a combo arte, and that's if the game lets you know that it exists. The usage requirement is higher in some of the older games.
Vesperia's altered artes need the right skills equipped and a further 100 or so uses to let you keep them
Then Judy adds an extra set of uses for her to do her job as an air character properly.
Yeah Legendia's shit is annoying but you can also get that from just playing the game naturally like the arte shit too.
>>
>>3502383
NTA but you should also read them all the way through.
>>
>>3502399
Nta but Crystal not Iron. The spellcaster ones.
The ones where you have to grind extremely low RNG enemy drops, likely off monster types that are nowhere near where you’re actually going in the plot (some of which you can lose access for substantial amounts of time), and since Legendia lacks a beastiary unlike pretty every other tales game it’s wholly dependant on you remembering every monster in every dungeon in the first place.

Having done Legendia pretty recently they absolutely fucking suck. You know how long it takes to do 100 arte uses in vesperia? Like 3 minutes of standing in a corner in a fight and occasionally throwing pineapple gels on yourself. It can take you over an hour just to get one spell in Legendia depending on how shit your luck is. and at vesperia’s combat is enjoyable It’s by far the worst part of Legendia.
>>
>>3502413
Why would you ever sit and grind eres stones in Legendia? Just play the game normally and you'll unlock everything, even with holy bottles.
>>
>>3502419
You don’t do it at a reasonable pace though, that’s the issue. Sometimes the drop rates for things are so poor you’re not going to get them until way way after they become available. The difference in availability by level (when you theoretically get an arte) and by eres stones (when you actually get the arte) can be fucking huge. And there’s a lot of artes you want right when you unlock them or you’re putting yourself at a big disadvantage until that if you don’t grind. Putting them off until you’re in the second half where you might actually get them is just masochistic
>>
>Rebirth wants you to farm arte uses every time you want to experiment with ougis due to they way that it works
>>
>>3502431
I don't know, I can only argue on my own experience, which is that eres stones never caused me worry. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe I fight more battles than your average joe.
>>
>>3502419
>>3502443
when I played legendia I definitely just didn't learn every spell because I somehow didn't get enough drops from a specific enemy type sometimes and the effort to try and track them down and farm it wasn't worth it vs just learning another spell especially since magic is fucking dogwater in this game anyway
>>
>Legendia
Norma a cute. Best girl on the PS2 by a mile
>>
Sometimes I'm not in a mood for 10/10 experiences, sometimes I just want to open some chests and tour some generic city, Tales is where I go for that.
>>
>>3502987
Yeah they aren't perfect but the games capture well the fantasy anime going town to town figuring out local problems and making cheeky friends along the way
>>
>>3502987
Where do you go for the 10/10 experience?
>>
>>3503373
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2453967/
>>
>>3503465
BIG
>>
>>3503465
Wow there were actually people playing Tales
>>
>>
>>3503664
best girls never join the party
>>
File: 1695162914514680.png (318 KB, 500x630)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
>>3503760
Aye.
>>
>>3503465
same shit 2 years later
>>
>0 News at Tales of Festival 2024
Yep. Fucking dead
>>
>>3507135
Day 2 starts in a couple hours
>>
>>3507142
It's already over
>>
its tales over boys
>>
>>3507135
>there was no news at the event that never has news
shocking
>>
Tales of Festival 2025 announced for June 7 and June 8, 2025 at Yokohama Arena. To be "even more exciting" in celebration of the Tales of Series' 30th anniversary next year.
>>
>>3507437
THERE MAY BE HOPE?
>>
>>3507519
THERE MAY BE COPE
>>
File: file.png (398 KB, 1220x971)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
There was no game news or updates at all at Tales of Festival 2024, with fans expressing worry about the Series' future. Right before the Festival though, Producer Tomizawa posted "the development team is working hard everyday toward the future".
That said, there have been a bunch of complaints about this year's Festival:
>no preorder/mail option for some merch like previous years
>same price of 13k yen for seats regardless of seat location
>seats were not known until the day of the Fes
>no new info is disappointing
>>
Just fucking sell the IP already ffs
>>
>>3507135
May the memories I have to this series be forever precious then. Thankfully we have those English patches and a bajillion versions of Phantasia to play through.
>>
File: happy.png (993 KB, 673x1161)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
annoyed at myself for waiting so long to play xillia, loving the hell out of this game
>>
>>3507661
...What other entries have you played for the series in the first place?
>>
The series would be in a better state if Baba was still around. I'll never forgive the Alishafags.
>>
File: smug.png (522 KB, 742x819)
522 KB
522 KB PNG
>>3507710
I've played every mainline game in the series except rebirth and xillia 2, and I'm not interested in the handheld games- tempest, innocence or hearts although I've heard good things about hearts
>>
>>3507796
Strange. I couldn't get into Xillia at all despite having (almost) all of the localized pre-PS3 games and Graces under my belt.
>>
>>3507801
what's your favorite(s)? I love the 2d games but my favorite is probably graces or vesperia. enjoyed berseria a lot too
>>
>>3507835
Just Graces and Phantasia.
Abyss for the lore and worldbuilding.
Legendia obviously for the music but otherwise meh.
Everything else I've played didn't really stand out compared to them or just irritated/bored me for a large chunk of the game.
>>
>>3507717
The franchise would probably be in the same situation right now regardless due to Bamcos current state
>>
File: 1686386382319606.png (693 KB, 1244x1906)
693 KB
693 KB PNG
>>3507717
Doubt it, Baba fucked up big time with Zesty but Scamco didn't particularly care about the series even before that, fujo and yumejo are strong but even they can't keep a franchise alive if the suits themselves don't care, they found their cashcow with Soulsborne and everything else has been thrown into the dumpster mercilessly, SRW suffered the same fate even if Terada endured for a while and didn't fuck up massively like Baba.
Even fucking God Eater has been all but shelved at this point, Baba being around or not makes zero difference to Scamco's suits, we probably wouldn't have got outrageously bad shit like Arise but Zesty isn't really that big of a step up to make me believe things would be that better anyway.
>>
>>3508020
It's been ages but I don't remember the source of Meredy in Dokkan's outfit since I thought the grubble collabs only had Yuri/Milla/Stahn/Elize/Sophie/Tear.
>>
>>3508048
Asteria collab
>>
>>3508020
>>3507975
Baba was the one behind the push for more Western Tales releases. He's also likely the only reason why the mobile games even exist to begin with. Under him Tales was at its peak. The moment he was forced out Tales started going downhill. It's hard not to see the correlation.
>>
>>3501658
>The characters in this picture were decided by popular vote from people with a Tales subscription only.
>There are idiots still trying to make a conspiracy theory about it.
>>
>>3508065
The team merger happened under Baba, Zestiria was Baba's fault, Xillia and Xillia 2 being a mess were also Baba's fault.
Baba did a lot of good things for the series, that much is undeniable, but the downward trend happened under his watch precisely because he fucked up.
Would he have managed the last decade better than Tomizawa? Probably, putting the Zestiria fiasco aside, but things wouldn't have been that different anyway and I'm sure he would have been responsible for a ton of other retarded decisions anyway.
>>
>>3508069
You forgot the mess that Graces Wii was too, where the game had to be recalled because of bugs.

People defending Baba are either newfags or got some fucking huge rose-tinted glasses. There's been more producers outside of Baba and Tomizawa, including the one that took over in the middle with Berseria. We don't need to choose between two different types of bad.
>>
>>3501658
Tales of Festival more like Sausage Festival.
>>
>>3508081
It's literally the opposite.
>>
>>3508091
The audience yes, but not this picture.
>>
>>3508112
The audience is all female coomers flicking their beans to characters in the picture
>>
File: isla.png (2.27 MB, 1938x1336)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>3507859
well xillia has lines like this so it's worth it for the lulz
>>
>>3460441
>Dying series that refuses to die
I'll be honest I'm kinda glad I ended up playing Falcom games last weak not because i hate tales or anything but because Bandai doesn't give a shit with Trails at least I know I'm getting games.
>>
>>3508201
You made the right choice Tales game's just aren't as fun as they used to be I didn't really like Arise as I wanted maybe I'll try trails series.
>>
>>3508209
trails is fine until it becomes the rean show
>>
>>3508209
>maybe I'll try trails series.
You should I recommend at least the newest one coming out
>>
>>3508239
You mean Daybreak? I was actually thinking about trying out the demo a friend of mine said it was good starting for me.
>>
>>3508048
Asteria had a load more than what was put into Granblue itself.
>>
>>3508067
you dont need a subscription to vote. i don't even think there is a subscription

i voted for someone who had no chance, and sure enough, she didn't win.
>>
>>3508201
Insert lazy consume shitpost here
>>
>>3508255
I love pascal!
>>
File: 2024-06-03 15_44_21.jpg (83 KB, 738x519)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>Arise was a 25th anni commemorative title
>next (?) entry will be a 30th anni commemorative title
its so over, we reached the point of only one tales game each 5 years
next one might be the last one for real
>>
>>3508840
For it to be an actual 30th anni title it'd have to come out next year. No way in hell it's doing that, so the gap is larger than five years.
>>
>>3508847
They will probably announce it next year and the game proper will come out in 2026 or so.
Not like I have any hopes for a good game anyway.
>>
>>3508840
Just you wait until you only get a game every 10 to 20 years
>>
time for a remake for one of the best tales? where are the 2d remasters? nintendo?
>>
>>3508850
>pokemon and tales of turn 30 in 2026
>>
File: 20240603_223815.jpg (419 KB, 1587x726)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>YAHOOOOO You killed the Tales of series
>>
Star Ocean and Tales of Series just refuse to die. I actually enjoyed the SO2 remake.
>>
>>3460441
Let me question this: Is Zestiria the worst non-mobile/crossover game in the franchise? From the very unacceptable gameplay choices, rewrites before the game got released, a DLC that generated more questions than answers not even Berseria could solve, and topped with the infamous controversy regarding Hideo Baba flirting at Mikako Komatsu, does anyone think Zestiria should never be touched by players anymore, either from the first hour of play or after 100% completion?
>>
>>3509100
No, Berseria is substantially less fun to play, as is Arise.
Dawn of the New World also sucks, and I have a lot more negative feelings towards it because it fucks over the otherwise good ending and characters from Symphonia.

> a DLC that generated more questions than answers not even Berseria could solve, and topped with the infamous controversy regarding Hideo Baba flirting at Mikako Komatsu
No one cares about these. Especially the DLC - you’d only buy it of you liked the game a lot so it just isn’t a factor to 90% of people.
>>
>>3509100
Zestiria is kamige compared to Tempest.
>>
>>3508847
Let's keep this in mind, the devs might be hard at work ironing out every last issue made by the previous games to not rush the games (I think Arise is another major subject of ridicule for this, and the mobile main entry Crestoria never finished its story, with the manga possibly not being able to be finished either at such a slow or nonexistent pace). I just hope it's a pure entry and not a Fire Emblem Engage situation where we get legacy characters again but sacrifice the story altogether.
>>
>>3509100
In a franchise where Tempest and DOTNW exist, no.
>>
>>3509112
>>3509120
Tempest is a mobile game
>>
>>3509121
That's not true. No one on this green earth refers to handheld games as mobile games.
>>
>>3509123
>he doesn’t know what a mobile device is
Embarrassing sempai.
>>
>>3509125
I'm confident that if you asked a crowd of video game players "what's your favorite mobile game?" not a single one would respond with a game for a handheld console.
>>
>>3509121
Whatever you're smoking sucks my brother
>>
>>3500293
>>3500411
this post got me to actually play a bunch of estelle for my latest fresh playthrough of the game and yeah this character is pretty awesome actually, all those bullshit early game enemies that just kind of stab you in the ass and make early game on hard quite rough just kind of get clipped by her very wide amateur swings and I guess I forgot that vesperia was before they nerfed spell canceling to only be worth it after grinding out thousands of spell casts because being able to cancel anything into first aid gives her pretty great recovery on everything actually. I also never knew her overlimit puts enemies into spin instead of knockdown like yuri/estelle so that's cool too

I kneel estellechads
>>
I will say that estelles default outfit is still pretty shitty though, the knight costume is way better
>>
>>3509175
Oh no way, i love her big dress
The layering on everything is fantastic, and the silhouette you get with the flower petal cuts on the bottom of the dress, and especially her shoulders - where the coat makes them really big like pauldrons but then since it’s cut it goes back to being small around the neck - it’s a really great design.
One of my favourite in the tales games.
>>
>>3509115
Engage's story was made worse than it actually is by a retarded translation team and retards blowing it out of proportion. It's not like Conquest, where it's fundamentally bad. it's just serviceable enough to get the point across.
>>
>>3508065
Why would I care about half a dozen mobile games that go eos in a year or two and never get an English release? I spit at this supposed peak when I have severe issues with all Tales since Graces. From the copy-pasted environments in the Xillia games to the steady dismantling of the multiplayer coop support. Zestiria was just the icing on the cake of shit that Baba delivered. With more paid dlc made for ever smaller games. Unfortunately him leaving didn't fix a thing, so Tales might as well be dead to me.
>>
>>3509441
There's no way the translation team could actually make the story/writing much worse. The scenes as they played out are the same in every version, meaning the contrived cathedral scene is the same. Just like every single contrived villain escape, Marni being escorted to the enemy, the time travel and whatnot.
>>
>>3509975
>There's no way the translation team could actually make the story/writing much worse
that happened with fates too

cutscenes in engage sucked ass, but FE just started having 3D cutscenes in recent games, most important events happened behind a 2D visual novel screen with everything being narrated, you didn't actually see anything

and going back to tales
I honestly think if they ditch out the 3D skits and go back to the 2D ones, the next title might actually bring the old fans back
>>
>>3509104
>No, Berseria is substantially less fun to play
No.
>>
>>3510051
Yeah. Berseria holds out on its better story, but actually playing it is a massive fucking slog. I legitimately don’t think there’s a mechanical aspect Berseria improved upon, aside from fixing some (but not all) of the camera jank Zestiria had.
>>
>>3509964
>that go eos in a year or two and never get an English release?
no tales mobile game has done both of these things. they all either went for 4+ years or got localized.
>>
>>3510031
Honestly I would love for FE to just go back to largely just using anime portraits shaking at each other. Outside of the major pre-rendered scenes the animations in Three Houses and Engage tend to be really stilted and still largely covered up by fades to black. Everything else is just a camera circling two mostly static character models against a curved backdrop. Either go all in with animating scenes or stick with the option that at least looks decent.
>>
>>3510031
Fates' writing made the support conversations much worse, but it didn't change too much about the story. They can't change the general outline of retardedness that is Conquest where you murder your way through an entire country just to prove your father was replaced by a goo monster.
Likewise Engage's writing sucked ass cause instead of having a local lord or bandit be the boss of each chapter, they've reused the four hounds over and over again, which miraculously had them escape at every corner. The writer is just a hack who can't let things develop naturally.

Also why the fuck would you think going back to 2D would solve things for Tales. Do you think they're mainly pissed because skits are in 3D now?
>>
File: TH.jpg (3.7 MB, 3249x3361)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB JPG
>>
File: TokenLoliHeight.jpg (1.35 MB, 10000x1350)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>3510454
>>
File: GPStT8LakAAigWb.jpg (532 KB, 1536x2048)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
Golden Quickie
>>
>>3510454
for a game hitting EoS ,those are soem good models. especially the 2D era characters.
>>
>>3510454
Rucca should not be as tall as Milla
>>
>>3510356
>instead of having a local lord or bandit be the boss of each chapter, they've reused the four hounds over and over again

I liked it more this way, I prefer when the bosses are important and personal than some random "enemy of the week" bandit
>>
>>3510539
Not really. Their mouths arent moving during Talking. Crestoria models is miles better
>>
>>3510356
Whining about recurring antagonists in a fucking Tales of thread of all things is extremely hilarious. Considering that we have games like Abyss where you fight some of the God Generals three fucking times and don't forget that they had to make up excuse to justify why anyone not named Asch or Dist were still standing after what happened in Part 2.
The biggest misstep with the hounds was that they did the 6 vs 6 battle way too early. It was impossible to ever come back from that set piece.
>>
File: Im Still Mad.png (309 KB, 459x398)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>3510609
IM STILL MAD
>>
>>3510454
>>3510468
>Anise is taller than Rita
Lol no
>>
>>3510670
Anise is 152cm
>>
Why don't they put more games on steam? Like, the good ones.
>>
>>3510693
I'm baffled why the haven't put xillia and xillia 2 on steam yet it would be nice to play it on a modern system not on a ps3 or a rpcs3. I'm not a biggest fan of xillia 2 in fact I dropped it after 10 hours because it was boring.
>>
>>3510712
The Xillia games run perfectly on rpcs3, full 60 fps + no grey filter, just upgrade your toaster if you're struggling.

An Abyss remaster with some graphical upgrades (widescreen, cleaner art/textures, maybe improved character models) would be fucking sick though.
>>
File: 1566315715596m.jpg (53 KB, 1024x640)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3510356
>The Hounds are finally defeated after hours of dealing with their shit
>Zephia and Griss get an incredibly long and drawn out death scene almost as overwraught as Lumera's
>Not even a full chapter later and you've run into Zephia again thanks to time travel
JUST DIE ALREADY
>>
>>3510562
It may work to some degree, but they become incredibly repetitive. IS didn't even utilise the emblem rings to give them different playstyles. They also aren't interesting in the least.

>>3510609
Yet those three times are still less than the four times you fight the hounds each. They also somehow escape more naturally than the fuckers in Engage where the storytelling just switches to visual novel mode and waves it away. But the same basically happens between chapter 10 and 11 where you escape the cathedral just like that.
>>
tales so dead we're talking about other games
>>
File: 1717042539789.jpg (85 KB, 1067x1365)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Edna whoring out to revive Tales series!
>>
File: 1715835822624610.jpg (1.25 MB, 2200x2200)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Don't care i prefer symonne anyway.
>>
>>3510693
>>3510712
Porting is hard work. THREE YEARS.
t. omizawa
>>
I'm playing Vesperia and the combat is pretty jank

The other games weren't like this right
>>
>>3510693
They're busy making new game.
>>
>>3510947
It’s because you’re bad at the combat.
>>
>>3511302
Seems like an orthogonal concern to the jankiness
>>
File: GPShz3aaQAAOTwm.png (2 KB, 639x82)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>3510495
Was this actually something new or did people know about this before?
>>
>>3511302
Vesperia at the start is absolutely terrible so he's not wrong in the slightest.
>>
>>3511317
Being bad at playing the game means you create your own jank. Like a person who hasn’t driven a car before for example
>>3511342
Please spend 5 (five) seconds to figure out how to not get hit after yuri does the little sword twirl. I believe in you
>>
>>3511458
Why do all mongs like this act like somebody hit every nerve under their thin skin when somebody says something negative about Vesperia

Must be a reddit thing.
>>
>>3511491
Then maybe you should go back there, seeing as your seething for no reason.
>>
>>3510947
People like you ruined this series
>>
>>3511458
>>3511708
either you block or you chain some artes, are we pretending this is super deep or something

if you guys only have defensive seethe and not any way to communicate what you happened to like maybe that speaks for itself
>>
>>3511342
>>3511491
>>3511713
Please learn to control yourself.
>>
>>3511746
do you have nothing interesting to say
>>
File: 1700301865343202.jpg (84 KB, 600x900)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Elize is too cute. I am in love so much with her.
>>
File: Tales of Xillia bondage.png (833 KB, 1280x720)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>3511888
She's a little slut
>>
>>3511910
I see no problem in that, after the puppet reveal i understood her true nature and started to appreciate it. She is gonna be bipolar as fuck but i can deal with it.
>>
File: 1714514971983730.jpg (198 KB, 777x1087)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
Man milla had an hard life. Two games and she is surrounded of hotter and sluttier women than her.
>>
>>3510454
Can they reuse these assets to make an actual Radiant Mythology 4 on the Switch. Please....
>>
>>3511910
BAMCO PLEASE I BEG YOU BRING XILLIA 1/2 TO STEAM, PLEASE
>>
>>3512156
Didn't those dingus lost the source code?
>>
>>3512169
I don't know about Xillia, but stuff like >>3511339
proves they have the source code for Eternia, an even older game, and they're just sitting on it.
>>
>>3511888
nice trips, post more elize
>>
File: elize.png (1.65 MB, 986x1240)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>3512231
it didn't attach my image
>>
File: 1714974935232895.jpg (1.04 MB, 1096x800)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>3512231
Wow didn't even notice.
>>
File: 1708219771710365.png (523 KB, 640x960)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
Tales have the best lolis of every jrpg series.
>>
File: 738540_20211011032345_1.png (2.65 MB, 3840x2160)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>3509184
Agreed, particularly the trick with the shoulders. Big and poofy, makes you wonder how she or someone else picked it out (a funny thought), but it is cute. Very good pic, is Harold really that tiny?

>>3510254
Luminara did neither, but it was the only one.
>>
File: zestyxilly.png (447 KB, 811x623)
447 KB
447 KB PNG
Tales of Hebephillia
>>
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2331979/
>>
>>3510841
>Their escape is more natural
Van and Sync survive a drop into the planet's core
Some of the other escapes are equally just as lazy as the ones that Engage does on occasion. The game also tries to present to you as threat but reminder that Largo almost got himself killed on their very first encounter. Pre Akzeriuth Luke could barely hold a sword and Jade was a massive cripple narratively at that point because of a seal but the team still won practically every fight. Even Engage gives the hounds a win on their first encounter before they start jobbing.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on Abyss to pump up Engage because the latter has other narrative issues. I'm just saying that Tales is a series that abuses its recurring antagonists just as often and lazily.
>>
File: 1699130677309995.jpg (28 KB, 649x472)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>3510947
Sort of, the other Team Symphonia games are fairly similar to Vesperia, arguably clunkier and more limited since they're older, Team Destiny games tend to be smoother on average but you also have games like Rebirth that are awkward in their own different way.
Vesperia is kind of fucked up due to not having functional cancel mechanics (free run cancel is barely band-aid and unwieldly as fuck) and focusing on the classic higi>tokugi>ougi chaining ladder of the older generation of Tales, even if you do get some passives that let you combo a bit more freely it has the usual problems of Team Symphonia games in that those passives are not at all equally distributed among the cast so some characters will feel really gimped even in the endgame.
There's also certain other problems in other mechanical layers such as how anti-OL tech works, which is a composite issue of how Team Symphonia used to handle certain parts of the combat such as the almost complete lack of IS, then there's the extremely slow artes and skill learning etc.
>>3512255
Quickie is so fucking lucky holy shit
>>
Destiny 2 or Rebirth?
>>
>>3512792
Destiny 2. Rebirth falls off the rails harder than any other Tales in the second act, it feels like they handed it over to Team Symphonia.
>>
>>3512156
I really wish they would already, what are they even waiting for
>>
>>3512800
Rebirth's the one where the final boss is the literal embodiment of racism and other negative emotions ?
>>
>>3513223
Correct.
>>
>>3512783
yeah the character imbalances feel pretty salient, it also shows up in things like the hitboxes and start-up frame data they were each distributed too
>>
https://youtu.be/rojXYNH9zU8?si=7v3IBfzyEg37VqeD
>Doing more for Tales than Bamco
>>
>>3512567
>Luminara did neither, but it was the only one.
Luminaria was localized. It was dubbed, in fact.
>>
>>3512567
Harold is a womanlet. It’s even worse for her because Nanaly is an amazon
>>
File: twinsSupposedly.png (1.37 MB, 999x648)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>3513796
Nanaly is a perfectly average height for a woman (164cm). Which I guess just proves how tiny Harold is, yeah.
>>
>>3513790
So it was, being another phone game I must have never looked into it to notice.
>>
Finally beat* Arise.
I ended up turning the difficulty way down for the final dungeon because I was sick of the game but close enough I felt obligated to finish the game.
Even fighting regular enemies had just become a fucking slog and the story was like... Fine but not exactly making up for it.
This anon >>3463285 had it right, the cast was mostly just kinda dull.
I never really felt like I got good at the game but I never really felt like I was bad at it either, most bosses felt like a level check and took forever to fight. I could get good combos, but they didn't really seem to help all that much.
Honestly the worst thing about it is I don't even think I can say it is BAD.
If it was bad it would be more interesting than what we got.
Story is passable but forgettable.
Graphics are decent, but lack charm.
Combat is passable and has some neat gimmicks but never really feels like it fleshed any of them out to make them that interesting.
It really just feels like a mediocre, forgettable game
>>
>>3513790
I can't imagine what was going through their mind when they decided to put all that money and advertising into something even a blind man could see nobody was interested in. Even an anime of sorts. What a waste.
>>
>>3513981
>It really just feels like a mediocre, forgettable game
It is. But that's how most games anywhere this past decade or so have been.
>>
They should drop the fujo audience
>>
>>3514907
what do you think arise is, anon?
>>
>>3514984
fujo game
and don't try to trick me, I've seen the popularity ranking
>>
>>3514907
>>3515264
Arise is straight game.
Zestiria , Graces and Symphonia are the fujo game.
>>
>>3515264
what the fuck are fujos getting out of a game about engaging in heterosexual marriage
>>
>>3515746
>Symphonia
arguable. it pandered to both
>>
>>3515264
Arise is Yumejo at best, the homo vibes are fairly low
>>
>>3515746
Vesperia Yuri-Flynn tho
>>
am I missing something or is flynn just kind of lame, moveset wise? if I want a worse yuri that can heal and buff I already have estelle and karol, who have a bunch of unique mechanics while flynn just kind of feels like a mandate that we NEED the tales of phantasia moveset in the game
>>
File: IMG_0558.jpg (176 KB, 1240x1760)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
Barely any porn of her btw
>>
>>3517298
Flynn is the straight-laced counterpart to Yuri, so he's not gonna be too different. But unlike Karol he actually has movement speed. And unlike Estelle he can do longer combos. He's really good as a CPU controlled frontliner though, cause he can actually take a few hits, so even the CPU has problems dying with him.
>>
>>3517624
Non futa at least.
>>
>>3517298
Much like the other anon said, he's more of an in-betweener to Estelle and Karol. Considering how he was playable for literally one fight in the original version with worse speed to boot, his actual kit wasn't given much thought.
He has new toys to play with at later levels that make him really stand out as one of the stronger units especially with his skills/passives when Yuri's involved in the fight, especially when they're near each other.
>>
>>3513981
Arise is pretty much balanced under the assumption that you have that one artifact from Dohalim's solo arena permanently enabled or at the very least make good accessories with high-end passive stacking.
>>
>>3517624
That guy takes commissions. Open your wallet and get your porn directly catered to you
>>
>>3517298
He is very much a throwback for people who like the more traditional protag moveset, but he does have a fair bit going for him. It’s true he suffers a little bit from the “generalist/specialist” problem, but having a character who can do pretty much everything is still very useful. The first guy said that he makes a good CPU character - and I’d agree - but having that adaptability and I’d like to say battlefield control also makes him a pretty strong player character too.
For a mixed character he has quite good combo potential, as a good chunk of his artes offer either knockdown-pickup or aerial movement, and he’s much more durable than everyone who isn’t named Estelle - especially with a lot of his unique skills. On the topic of skills, he’s got a lot of ways in which he’s better at using and activating Overlimit than most characters.
As a caster he’s not “amazing” by any means, but light damage is very good element to have, and the arts he does have are pretty solid. Cure is always useful, Holy Lance is very strong, and outside of Divine Streak (which is flashy but tends to miss) his other attack spells are solid.

Oh and shining falcon/its altered arte are sick. I love those, they’re great.
>>
>>3517624
when will tales be lewd again....

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.