[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Undertale_Yellow_Teaser.png (721 KB, 1170x652)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
Why was Undertale Yellow so much more succesful than the other fangames?
>>
>>3467591
didnt we agree on a more generic UT fangame dev thread?
since thats what the other thread turned into
>>
File: 1713892825122159.jpg (122 KB, 889x774)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>3467601
That would have nothing to do with this board
>>
>actually came out
>good enough story
>good enough humor
>good enough character designs
>good enough amount of secrets
First point being the most important by far.
>>
>>3467601
if it happens two threads in a row, then we can try that next time.
>>
File: Ceroba mommy.png (1.31 MB, 1500x2000)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
kitsussy do be needing that big human cock doe
>>
>>3467591
not an rpg
>>
>>3467885
whats defines an RPG?
surely you can give an answer that doesnt exclude the majority or RPGs but excludes UT/UTY
>>
>>3467888
RPG = anything that isnt undertale
>>
File: 1703292635226622.png (156 KB, 328x458)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>3467894
behold, an rpg
>>
>>3467897
this but unironically
>>
>>3467591
shilled harder than other ones + actually came out
>>
>Make fangame off of already popular and successful game
>Wow how is this popular???
?
>>
File: file.png (129 KB, 417x770)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>3467885
>>
>>3467948
if it was as easy as making a complete experience we should have more than one example of this
we've gotten other complete undertale fangames before this, believe it or not. they just didn't have the sauce that yellow had.
the only other originally written fangames i have seen even get a shred of notoriety are undertale 2: revenge of the robots... which isn't nearly as known to the community at large, and that one fuckass dating sim that only got popular because it was thrust into the spotlight after years of literally no one knowing about it existing
>>
>>3467591
>>3467923
people want more Undertale
more Undertale comes out
people like it
wooow

also AUslop and single fight fangames have been a thing for years but they obviously don't have enough to talk about. People also love new and original characters, which Yellow has but AU slop usually doesn't (which is also why people wanna see more of Deltarune, it keeps adding new and fun characters)
>>
File: Lightandrain.png (130 KB, 650x650)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
I wish more in-dev fangames had more unique zones. It's so sad to see pretty much every single fangame being worked on right now starts in the ruins. I hope when Toby finished DR, he steals the other good area aesthetics from HS. Almost all of undertale's zones were basically just ripped from HS
>>
File: Border_ruins.png (28 KB, 250x141)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
Since this is kind of a game dev thread and its frecuented by people with experience...
Hypotetically how would you recreate the fullscreen borders seen in Undertale and Deltarune in Godot? It probably has something to do with canvas layers or viewports but I'm not sure
>>
File: file.png (9 KB, 301x144)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>3468202
Godotanon here. It's a complete guess but in Godot I'd have to place the whole game in a viewport camera setup (something like pic related), and then just have the border as a background around the viewport. The project would need to have viewport width/height values accounting for the borders (or do it manually on a game manager by code) and then make the screen resize the border image to fit the window with the game inside.
>>
>>3468227
I was thinking of something like that, but doesnt the entire game need to be a child of that specific subviewport? Like wouldnt that cause problems? I have only a few months of experience with Godot so maybe its not that big of a deal as it seems
There also the thing that in Undertale the borders dont appear in windowed mode so you would have the reparent the entire scene when switching to windowed
>>
>>3468245
Exactly, you'd need to setup the current scene to always be under that viewport. So you'd need to code a custom scene changer from the get go since the default method changes all nodes. AND make the borders only show up when activated and with the default being borders off and the game's window stretched to the viewport first. That's definitely a bit advanced imo

Though. I think the DR1 anon is MUCH more knowledgeable than me considering he has more experience, so I'd say to wait for his input or look up resizable game windows
>>
>>3468126
> Almost all of undertale's zones were basically just ripped from HS
Can you expand on that?
>>
>>3468246
Yeah that sounds painful, there must be an easier way, if I were on my computer right I could at least test some of my (retarded) theories
Can you asing the texture of the main viewport to a texture rect? Is that too insane for Godot?
>>
File: file.png (41 KB, 734x295)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>3468261
Textures can take viewports as their texture. It's better to do it by shader though, at least the last time I used it, it was a bit buggy doing it the normal intended way and sometimes without fail setting up the texture.
>>
File: file.png (237 KB, 1595x646)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>3468264
had to look up an old project of mine. Here's the shader I used, though it's for a 3D material. Just copy it and it should consistently work unless they fixed viewport textures in recent updates
>>
>>3468264
So you can, but its has some problems?
My idea was to make an autoload CanvasLayer with a TextureRect as a child, this would be the "borders texture", then that node would have another TextureRect as a child, this being the "viewport texture rect"
I think this whole Idea falls apart because the game would be rendering twice, I know that a toaster could probably run two instances of Undertale at the same time without problems but I still dont like the idea
>>
>>3468273
for a 2D game it's not that bad, the game is still doing the rendering inside the viewport so you basically treat the scene inside the viewport as the real scene while outside of it is just like, a single image or nothing
>>
>>3468271
Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow
I studied shader for a few days like three weeks ago, I understood some of it but so far it has been the hardest topic to grasp about the engine
>>
File: lohac.png (45 KB, 648x447)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>3468257
Homestuck has a bunch of different worlds in it, and many of the areas in Undertale have strikingly similar aesthetic design and are very clearly inspired from the Homestuck worlds. Parts of Snowdin in UT look similar to the Land of Frost in HS, but with more Xmas flavoring. Waterfall has an almost identical pallet to the Land of Wind and Shade, which also features dark blues and black as the primary color tone with glowing cyan plants for contrast. There's also Hotlands which drew some heavy, heavy inspiration from HS. There's some more stuff too, but it's less apparent in the colors and more of the theme. There's some lesser stuff like Home and New Home both being cities with tonally opposing, monochrome color themes while in HS there's Prospit and Derse which is thematically similar.
>>
Toby took the parts of Homestuck that everyone liked such as the wonder worlds and charismatic characters and funny things that happen while taking out all the shit everyone hated

also he didn't fuck it up because he had the front fucking seat to seeing Homestuck collapse in real time so he KNOWS everything to avoid
>>
File: lolar.png (63 KB, 650x447)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>3468316
Yeah, it's basically the Homestuck Greatest Hits compilation. I just wonder if Toby's/Anybody is ever going to try to pull inspiration from the other good parts of homestuck aesthetics
>>
File: Caliborn_the_Art_Lord.gif (13 KB, 650x450)
13 KB
13 KB GIF
>>3468273
I think that method is good, it's what I immediately thought to do. Don't worry about it rendering twice, I'm almost certain that's not how it works. It's more like it renders the game world once into a frame, then it renders that frame (NOT any of the game objects, the literal frame itself) into the texturerect. From my experience, the performance penalty is negligible even on very low end machines.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to poll mouse clicks inside that texturerect (for that you need a subviewport as mentioned in >>3468227), but since UT doesn't use the mouse at all, it shouldn't be a problem.

>>3468312
I was gonna send a reply to that guy basically saying "i dunno man i don't see it either besides Hotland/LOHAC", but after you pointed all this out, I see what you mean.
I noticed you had an image of Rose's planet in your other post, what do you think that influenced in Undertale? I also can't think of any analogous Homestuck settings for the Ruins and Core, notwithstanding what you said about Home/Derse.

>>3468316
I agree that Undertale is almost like a distilled Homestuck that avoids the same shortcomings, but I personally enjoyed Homestuck more because I found it to be more creative and interesting. Mind you, I never fully finished act 6 and don't like act 5 very much, I just liked 1-4 enough to consider it more memorable than UT.
>>
File: 1713811108738573.png (1.1 MB, 2108x1644)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>3468352
>Mind you, I never fully finished act 6 and don't like act 5 very much
yeah. uh. yeah I'm glad you didn't!
But I have Homestuck deep into my heart and I even like Act 5, but Act 6 and every drama that happened since the kickstarter began is a book of "shit you shouldn't do ever" for any piece of media
>>
File: 1683705419530764.webm (397 KB, 1920x1080)
397 KB
397 KB WEBM
>>3468202
DRYanon2 here, the process is probably a bit different but i cant imagine that the core concept here is too much different between engines:
>render space doesnt upscale with the screenspace, nor does the engine crop the scene to maintain a perfect aspect ratio
>instead you have the viewport set to windowed mode's resolution, and then the game is allowed to render outside of that viewport
>so if you have a 1280x980 viewport on fullscreen, and then remove the cropping, the scale will stay the same while rendering at the monitor's screen size.
>the fullscreen borders are part of the UI.
>it will naturally be hidden while out of fullscreen, but upon entering fullscreen the borders become visible
here's a rough and quick example using DRY2.
>inital black borders: the engine cropping whats visible to the player
>full view: deactivating the engine's cropping, showing the full scene.
>the ruins border: activating a UI overlay, creating a textured border
>>
>>3468352
>what do you think that influenced in Undertale?
I was just wishing Toby/some fangame dev would draw inspiration from some of the other homestuck locales. Would be cool if we got a DR world theme'd loosely after Rose's planet
>>
>>3468322
I kind of feel like deltarune chapter 4 (or whatever the church chapter ends up being) will look like this
>>
>>3468273
Alright I tested it and it didnt work because I forgot the minute detail about the canvas layer being on top of the entire scene, so the image I would get from viewport texture would also include the borders
>>
>>3469203
Huh, I swear I got a similar setup working before. It's not the same, but take a look at this from the Godot example projects (this specific commit, not the newer ones):
https://github.com/godotengine/godot-demo-projects/tree/2a962929f36aba7d7446b7df988127e00c103003/viewport/3d_scaling
It uses a subviewport, but one time I edited it to use a texturerect and it still worked. Later today I'll see if I can try to replicate your idea on my end and provide more details if I get it to work.
>>
>>3469203
>>3469366
Alright, managed to put together a sample project showcasing what I had in mind.

https://files.catbox.moe/jqgxmp.zip

Basically, make the gameworld itself into a scene, then in your main scene have a SubViewport with the gameworld as a child. Then, have either a SubViewportContainer as a parent to the Subviewport, or a TextureRect with the texture set as a ViewportTexture pointing to the SubViewport.
I did both in the sample project, but I'd personally recommend the SubviewportContainer since it's more flexible with gathering input. TextureRect tends to be more flexible with upscaling though, with SubviewportContainer all you have is the stretch_shrink field.

Feel free to poke around in the sample project and adapt to what you have, and if anything doesn't make sense or doesn't work just ask
>>
>>3469654
I went back and actually read the thread, and I just realized this is more or less exactly what Godotanon was talking about here >>3468227. Albeit probably less gracefully than how he would have done it. Whoops.
Hopefully it doesn't come across as too redundant or useless.
>>
>>3469654
just a question, how does this project work in windowed mode?
>>
>>3469724
It works the same. I just used full screen since my monitor's resolution is 1920x1080.
In retrospect, I probably should have kept it windowed, since running it in a monitor with a different resolution would make the whole thing look wrong. Oops.
>>
File: martletIdle-shaded.gif (486 KB, 341x600)
486 KB
486 KB GIF
got martlet's idle sprite done
24 frames for her idle is probably a bit expensive, but i'm not planning on clover to have sprites in-scene for this song (or for most songs) so it's probably fine to get a bit carried away with these
let me know if anything looks weird so i can fix it before doing the other sprites
>>
>>3469741
i like it. maybe its because im used to simple idle animations from other mods but i think you should slow down the movement in her hair and wings, unless you are planning to add like a sort of fast wind effect going in the background. again, just me though, i think its good otherwise
>>
File: freakazoid.png (710 KB, 906x682)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
speaking of martlet, updated return to form with a tiny little interlude chapter for those interested and want to give their thoughts
>>
>>3469810
Alright, but only because you asked so nicely.
And also because your story is pretty good.

And also just because I like freakzoid.
>>
>>3469810
could a guy not yet initiated get a link? i'm not really familiar with navigating the search system on fic sites and not interested in being shown unrelated slop browsing around...
actually, expanding on this thought, is there like a compendium of competently written works? finding something good instead of baby's first cornyaoi slop fic when browsing has been a slight hurdle into getting into this stuff.
>>
>>3469654
Decided to expand upon this a little and add extra options to enable/disable the border, as well as a simple "scale to window height" like the original PC UT release. I also put the project up on a Git repo for convenience.
https://gitgud.io/3hu/godot-ut-border
>>
>>3469830
what i usually do to find something good is go to
https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Martlet%20(Undertale%20Yellow%20-%20Master%20Sword)/works
(in this case trying to find martlet fics) and on the right there's an option sort by a multiple filters, so i usually sort by kudos, bookmarks or views. the other option is look for recommendations by other anons, but i wish there was a compendium for these things like you said
>>
>>3469830
works/54021868?view_full_work=true
for archiveofourown
>>
>>3469654
>>3470113
so the idea here would be for the "MainScene" node to always be instanced? if you want to load a new area or something similar you have to swap the "GameWorld" scene with another right?
>>
>>3470195
the way I personally do it, I just have the scene as a child of the main node (with the main node having the main logic and camera/ui)
so when changing rooms, just delete that node and instantiate the other one without needing to swap the entire scene
>>
>>3470195
That's how I would go about it, yeah. If you were to take the same approach as >>3470283, the camera and UI should probably be in the GameWorld scene, or at least siblings of it.
I might fiddle around with that sometime.
>>
File: BordersTest (1).webm (1.91 MB, 1366x768)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB WEBM
Anon that first asked about the borders here, I have been messing with this anon's project >>3470113
This worked much better than I expected, making the Scene Manager use the "GameWorld" scene instead of the "current_scene" didnt cause any real problems, the scenes with UI elements and 3D elements didnt break either
btw I just now realized that anon updated the project with an scene manager
anyways thanks to all the anons that helped with the borders project
>>
File: 1701652519090641.png (2 KB, 322x58)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
does anyone know if there's a font specifically used for character names and HP numbers?i really dont feel like making two fonts just for that.
>>
>>3471903
wait, found them
https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1591823/deltarune-hp-font
https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1628911/deltarune-names
>>
>>3471317
Glad to see the sample project came in handy. I was self conscious after putting it out.
I was considering adding in a sample UI system, but I see you've already gone far above and beyond anything I could make.
>>
>>3471903
>>3471928
I just used the font used for the enemy dialogues (dotumche pixel) and it worked well enough
>>
File: 5131364894984894894.png (107 KB, 340x313)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
godotanon here
my artist made an edit and asked me to kindly share to you all
>>
>>3473412
well this is horrible and i hate you now.
Thank you for sharing it, there is something familiar about the image that I pray to the gods isn't real.
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 148x125)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>3473424
I'm so, so sorry for bringing it back
https://youtu.be/HgjyQ0_coJo?si=-Y5TBclVMybEUIPb&t=2728

and if you want some Extra
https://youtu.be/XJbmJT5DMyI?si=Rc3gOl4cjE7X_doY
>>
>>3473431
Oh, it's from the first thing. I never seen that thing before

>and if you want some Extra
Nah man, I was already checking sugoi quest for kokoro to see if it was from there.
I'm in the third episode but I see my search was pointless all along.

might as well check whatever neko sugar girls is and- 57 MINUTES LONG?!
WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
>>3473412
ceroba if she was a better character
>>
File: file.png (1.82 MB, 1344x755)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
>>3473451
Honestly my main issue with Ceroba in Yellow (or the ketsukanes in general) is that she feels way too surface-level. Martlet is introduced in Snowdin and she feels like she fits there well considering her puzzle-making gimmick, which makes sense for the first major area of the game. You have Starlo and the Feisty five who all are great western themed characters representing many of the archetypes of the genre. And, of course, Axis is perfect for Steamworks.

And then you have Ceroba, and she's a touhou character. That's kind of it. She's a very traditional japanese kitsune who wears traditional japanese clothing and she has a magic staff and her fight is a touhou fight. She has a massive japanese estate in the middle of the fucking desert where she lives with her traditional japanese family. And she's in the dunes with Starlo and everyone else.

Like, I don't like saying this sort of thing, but saying it anyways, if I absolutely wanted to include my furry fox lady in the game (which I absolutely understand and won't complain about), but have her still be introduced in the Dunes, I'd try just a little bit to make her inclusion a bit more... thematically appropriate? There is a LOT you can draw from to actually make it work. From the way Samurai and Western movies were directed very similarly and inspired each other, maybe take a look at how japanese immigrants had their life in frontier America, try looking at japanese firearms of the time and maybe give her a cool fucking japanese rifle... Heck, that deleted NPC makes me pissed off because there could be a whole discussion in the game about how much monsters took from human culture by essentially taking our trash and trying to copy it, like exactly what happened with Starlo; If something like that happened with the Ketsukanes, they could have had a theme about not fitting in or feeling out of place.

it's just a bit annoying that she doesn't explore her theme as interestingly as they could
>>
>>3473464
surface level in design and theming, to clarify. I think her story/writing is interesting, though it's not, like, actually solved in any way at all. And I wish it was.
>>
>>3473464
oasis town should have been japanese inspired and have a feud with the wild east that you had to mediate
>>
>>3473470
>I think her story/writing is interesting
They were juggling some interesting ideas but I don't think the actual writing we got was good. I think they changed it to make her responsible for Kanako's death/coma at the last moment. She's mopey and secretive from the beginning, but she really doesn't have the guilt or self-awareness of a woman who murdered her fucking child.

I bet the dev team notes said something like "kitsune mother with BIG SECRET (missing daughter???)" and they had to fill in that mad lib in the final stretch of development. I don't know what else could cause this wild disconnect between what a bitch she was and what a saint she's treated as
>>
>>3473549
i feel like a potential fix to that is to make it so that
>ceroba walks in on kanako holding the syringe
>frantically tells her to stop
>kanako points out the note she found about the extract
>"kanako... i've already looked into that! it wouldn't ... (actually... _would_ that work..?)"
>ceroba pauses to think about if it really could work like that
>kanako does it before she can make a decision

now something horrible happens, she isn't directly responsible... but still failed at being the voice of reason and disallowing something she should have already decided was wrong

but then again that would just make her passiveness in the ending way worse
...maybe it's a concept better reserved for a larger rewrite au
>>
>>3473531
I almost feel like they wanted to do something like that early on, it's called the Wild EAST after all so it only makes sense to have be a weird feud between western and eastern culture. Hell I figured for a bit that the entire Dunes area was artifically made into a desert and the bits of grass and flowers you see lying around around what the east was actually supposed to be. Problem is they just dont do anything with that idea, assuming they even had it in mind at all and Im not just pulling stuff out of nowhere
>>
Either of the dryanons, can you or someone who has the image post the designs for integrity?
>>
File: 1708898853586134.png (28 KB, 572x477)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
current designs for my half (DRY2)
lemme grab DRYanon1's quick.
mylo and gizmo's color schemes are still a work in progress, but my spriter is working on some battle sprites for june at the moment.
speaking of, how is that design for gizmo so far?
>>
>>3474103
oops >>3474097
>>
>>3474103
>How’s that Gizmo going
I think you think I’m a different anon, I just liked the design and wanted to use it as a reference for some fanart I’m making. Thanks man
>>
>>3474111
got it, just give me a moment to grab DRYanon1's stuff. having trouble finding it.
also i was asking about feedback on that one. does come across as a different kind of question though.
>>
>>3474114
Ha, my mistake, these designs are miles ahead of the sprite-work seen in most UT fangames or just fan-sprites in general, you did a great job!
>>
File: 1701506372749870.png (16 KB, 801x315)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>3474116
oh i have zero artskill.
cole and kanako's inital designs are from DRYanon1, the other three are from my spriter.
anyways im having trouble actually finding the sheet DRYanon1 posted
here's the latest overworld for his integrity (and his axis)
>>
File: party.png (11 KB, 481x529)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>3474120
>>3474103
>>3474097
>>3474120
here's mine, not as great as dryanon2's since I'm not a dedicated sprite artist
also sorry for not posting anything for a while, my boss berated me for procastinating too much
I'm also trying out a few ideas to go ahead with turning my DRY take into an original game, so progress has kinda halted
>>
>>3474133
>spoiler
what sort of ideas have you been thinking of? im curious on how you'll go from a deltarune fangame to an original game. maybe sort of like what oddity did?
>>
File: file.png (547 KB, 1278x723)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>3474199
not him but
honestly it's not that hard, Deltarune is basically "it's a world with humans and other races" and then you go in magical otherworld adventures like a trillion JRPGs
Mondealy was originally an Undertale/Deltarune fangame and it's pretty fucking obvious but the dev just really didn't give a shit. And it's okay, though he switched all the monsters to just anthro characters. The dev also does some really raunchy porn of the characters
>>
>>3474222
>spoiler
holy based
>>
>>3474242
I wouldn't call it so because he made stuff of underage characters and that made it near fucking impossible to find people to help him with the game which is why it took ages to develop
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.12 MB, 896x504)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB WEBM
>>3474199
well since it wouldn't be in the tobyverse anymore, that gives me full creative control
I already have a bunch of ideas that were planned for my DRY, which besides taking place in DR's world/setting, were original enough that I feel could stand on their own (a lot of time on DRY was wasted working around toby's lore)
there still is a "dark world" kinda deal, but it would work with different rules (more flexible for me). battles most likely will follow the DR style, but with higher focus on combat (almost no acts, more focus on spells and you actually get exp and leveling without the game calling you out on it, so a more standard RPG)
I'm already in talks with a friend of mine that can sprite to work with me on this, webm related is what I've changed so far, my own sprites but I'll ask said friend to replace the assets later. still using the old strings for items and stuff
>>
>>3474247
you can just make Furry Persona and it'll sell millions
>>
>>3474247
that ui is looking really snazzy
im sad it wont continue as a dry project but at least we have the other projects going around
>>
>>3474247
does this mean DRY1's getting scrapped? or do you plan on dumping the DR game somewhere?
>>
>>3474269
I wouldn't say "scrapped", just "dormant", maybe. if this game can't make it, I might return to DRY. I just wasn't satisfied with how limiting the dark world lore is, and I felt like I wanted to expand on the story but there was no room using the UTY cast and DR setting, so I thought it would be better to make my own setting and cast besides it avoids any potential stigma that might appear from using other people's stuff, the UTY twitter stuff legitimately scares me, I just want cute fox and human interactions
>do you plan on dumping the DR game somewhere?
since I'm using the DR engine I made for this, only if I drop this new project, but I'm confident I might be able to do it if things work as well as they have been so far
>>
>>3474274
its tough to make a fangame out of a game thats not even fully done. lorewise, the stuff added to deltarune in chapter 2 was huge, and i predict the same will happen when chapter 3 and 4 release whenever. so it makes sense why you feel so limited with the current status of deltarune.
maybe the stuff that will get added will make the project work better as a DR one, but maybe thats just me coping
>>
>>3474303
NTA but there's also the fact that like, despite being part of the worldbuilding, Toby clearly cares more about character writing and general plot flows than trying to explain soul lore theory. He doesn't have that weird obsession the fandom has with explaining soul mechanics since his thought process is simply "I'm the writer so I can do anything I want lmao"
>>
>>3474303
>>3474304
there is also the other factor, the UTY and DR stuff has a ton of baggage attached to it (just browse twitter and reddit for a few minutes and you'll see), so I'd rather do my own clone game with my own stuff that won't have all that stuff on top and hopefully can stand on its own in some way
>>
File: Flowey_Epic.png (8 KB, 370x190)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
This is stupid and I doubt I'll put it in, but here's a Flowey talk sprite I made for fun.
>>
>>3474318
if its made, why not use it?
make it a fun value conversation
>>
>>3474325
I don't wanna put memes in my stuff. Yellow got big because it's full of original ideas, and best I can, I wanna avoid just referencing Undertale and internet culture.

Captcha: DRY2M
>>
>>3474247
That UI looks pretty cool, good luck with your original project DRYanon2
>>
File: Spoiler Image (4 KB, 176x86)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3474247
>>3474274
>>3474317
>a lot of time on DRY was wasted working around toby's lore
>you actually get exp and leveling without the game calling you out on it
>besides it avoids any potential stigma that might appear from using other people's stuff
>the UTY and DR stuff has a ton of baggage attached to it
all entirely fair reasons.
and even if you do decide to fully swap, i dont think anyone would object to you still posting updates here.
on my side of things for DRY2, ive already got my own well developed setting (picrel is half of the chat logs between me and a friend on it. we only catch each other online about once a month. and yes we use discord for it because its convenient.)
if i actually finish DRY2, then you can expect me to move onto that.
but believe it or not, im not a furry. so non-human races in that setting are more monster-person like than furry like.
the unholy desire for fluffy fox tails, unfortunately for me, transcends the monstergirl-furry line.

>>3474355
that would be DRYanon1
>>
>>3474245
>spoiler
is he stupid or smth? it shouldn't be hard to be normal publicly when you're trying to attach something important to your name
>>
>>3474394
>is he stupid or smth?
he's russian
>>
>>3467591
Because it was a full experience and not just a remake of the ruins and Snowdin.
>>
>>3467591
IMHO, this game isn't as good as the original UT. Even boring. The plot, dialogue and humor feel forced, doesn't have the touching feeling and fun of UT. The only good thing is probably Martlet. But since it's a free fan game I forgive it.
>>
>>3474506
maybe on planet retard
>>
File: 1691194239973339.webm (496 KB, 1296x984)
496 KB
496 KB WEBM
after entirely too much procrastination and getting all the objects of the menu into place, progress into the code side of the pause menu has continued.
im aware that the text in the description looks a little wonky, fixed it already.
>>
>>3475238
Whats that "power" stat?
>>
File: 1706568198490781.png (8 KB, 620x87)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>3475255
for now, just this. (values not final)
in the long run it'll be the sum of
>stats
>acts/spells
>enemies [genoslided]
>arbitrary story events, like dark fountains closed
idea is for it to pretty much be dark world equivalent of LV/EXP while still rising over the course of a normal run.
>>
>>3475265
So its quite literally their "power level", speaking of wich
The dark world stats have the prefix "fake", does that mean that you are going to use the "real" overworld stats at some point?
>>
>>3475265
>>3475266
I just noticed that magic is one of the stats taken into the power calculation, does that mean that Cole will always have the lowest power?
>>
>>3475266
>does that mean that you are going to use the "real" overworld stats at some point?
just naming them the same as base DR's dark world stats.
but the answer sits in the realm of a "maybe"
>>3475269
>does that mean that Cole will always have the lowest power?
like i said, acts and spells will also be taken into account.
once i make the battle system cole's acts will be on par to the magic stat and spells
idea is that everything together, a character starts with ~500 power at base.
>>
>>3475279
>Acts will be taken into acount
Wait, so the acts aren exactly enemy specific in this fangame? You unlock them and can use the same acts in different battles?
>>
>>3475352
suppose its been a while since the justice system was explained
so every enemy type will have one of several crime tiers assigned to them, with flavor check text to match, and a handful of acts related to said crime tiers.
all justice related acts will be available at all times
>innocent
an innocent enemy. just spare as usual with normal enemy specific acts.
>infraction
light crime
can just be "criticize"d, or fought until the enemy runs away.
>misdemeanor
moderate crime.
will need to be criticized, but will need to have their resistance dropped with regular acts or fighting first.
additionally, cole has a "suppressive shot" act for combat that lowers HP, but cant reduce it below 10% so that you dont mess up the encounter.
>felony
heavy crime.
will need to be "apprehended", which will usually involve catching the enemy off guard or
>death sentence
the rarest type, reserved for specific unique enemies.
every playable character will have a unique lethal skill.
this totals up to four justice-related acts, so cole will have two act tabs: a regular act tab, and a justice act tab. the same is true for monster party members, having support and offense spell tabs.

all "end conditions" will be available for all enemies, and neutral endings will depend on how you close battles off.
staying true to justice will get you the good ending, while going too heavily into one kind of method will get you a neutral ending. including being a pure pacifist and sparing normally.

but there's also the fact that just the ability to act itself will add power as well, since its what allows enemies to be spared in the first place.
>>
>>3475391
>staying true to justice will get you the good ending, while going too heavily into one kind of method will get you a neutral ending. including being a pure pacifist and sparing normally
You probably noticed this, but that's anti-Undertale as fuck. Total divergence from Toby Fox's style.

I don't dislike it. Too many modern heroes pull that "if you kill them you'll be just like them" shit in places where it really doesn't apply. If you can just turn the guy over to the cops, sure, okay. But I see way too many uncontainable sociopaths left to run amok because gee, who cares about all the nobodies he's killed when he's got such a fun gimmick? Just leave him because the author will contrive a karmic death before he kills anyone actually important
>>
>>3476028
>that's anti-Undertale as fuck.
NTA, you say that as if it might be a bad thing lmao
Anyone who's paid genuine attention to Undertale's story should understand the message of "Everyone deserves to live no matter what" is it's weakest and outright worst message because of what it entails, even with all it's excuses it still fails to actually make absolutely every monster someone who deserves to live (See Muffet and Mettaton for the objective examples). That message is part of why Yellow is so shit, it doesnt recognize that sometimes someone does deserve to die for their actions.
Even with that said though you can make the argument that's not even the game's main theme, it's simply the choice to kill and spare as you please at all. Yeah obviously its going to antagonize you for commiting genocide but do you expect anything different? Of course the only person who'd praise it is the one non-monster. At the end of the day it's your choice, the natural evolution of that is making the choice more complicated than an extreme "Everyone should live/Total Monster Death" scenario
>>
>>3475391
>an innocent enemy. just spare as usual with normal enemy specific acts
What's their reasoning for fighting you at this tier? They can't exactly be "Innocent" and "Able to send you to a Game Over" at the same time
>>
>>3476056
>you say that as if it might be a bad thing lmao
It's fine, it's just a sharp thematic contrast to Toby Fox's stuff. It was so important he advertized Undertale as "the friendly RPG where no-one has to die" and such. I expect people playing the fangame for more of that will get burned. I just thought I'd point that out.

>See Muffet
I get irritated by cutesy characters getting away with shit, but Muffet was fine. She was told if she took down a murderous spider torturer she'd get enough money to help her friends. If you bring evidence you donated to spider charity she apologizes and the fight just ends.

Mettaton, I'll give you. You don't spare him for his sake, but because he's the only form of escapism the monsters have. But even he can only rationalize his bullshit because he thinks you'll die to Asgore instead and kick off a genocidal war.

I think the biggest bitch is Undyne. You can risk your life to save a monster right in front of her and she still spergs out. She doesn't even have a proper spare option--you have to subdue her. I hear if you leave her on the bridge you can't get the good ending even as a total pacifist.
>>
Do you guys struggle with writing characters? Did you have experience with writing characters before going in? This applies mostly to the anons making fangame but also people who have written fanfics and stuff.
>>
>>3476134
>I think the biggest bitch is Undyne
I like to give Undyne a pass thanks to the "Soldier clause", in that it's literally her job to kill you regardless of how she may feel about it. It's genuinely a better excuse in my mind than "It's not an attack its a bullet pattern greeting" that the mob monsters use. Not to mention she does back off for a second after you help monster kid up so she's clearly thrown off by it.
>She doesn't even have a proper spare option--you have to subdue her.
TECHNICALLY.... If you lower her HP enough she will never make your soul Green, and thus you will never be forced to fight her for the rest of the chase as you can run turn 1. Again, it's her JOB to kill you so she cant let you off the hook outright until given proper reasoning to (Like running into an area she literally cannot survive in)
>I hear if you leave her on the bridge you can't get the good ending even as a total pacifist.
You mean at the start of Hotland with the wter cooler or monster kid on the bridge? Because in the latter's case if saving a child doesnt sound like a requirement for the good ending to you that's a (you) problem. The water cooler though I get that, that's kinda dumb but also it's not an arbitrary reason, if you dont save her there she isnt willing to be your friend, and being her friend is needed for True Pacifist. Going out of your way to save the life of someone who was just trying to murder you is a tall ask yes, but she's a soldier, you NEED to put in that extra effort to prove you mean no harm and for her to forsake her duty and not only stop attacking you but get on your side.
Muffet's just kind of an asshole who only thinks of her spiders and couldnt really care about anyone else even when faced with a genocidal manic, willing to let them go completely because they arent genocidal to HER friends in particular
>>
>>3476107
Some monsters/darkners are simply retarded and cant control their damage, even Toriel can kill you when she is trying no to
I suppose the enemies in that tier are literally just doing their job and can accidently kill you, either that or they see you as a threat for one reason or another and stop fighting as soon as you show them that you mean no harm
>>
>>3476153
>I suppose the enemies in that tier are literally just doing their job and can accidently kill you, either that or they see you as a threat for one reason or another and stop fighting as soon as you show them that you mean no harm
I'd suggest you make an active effort to ensure that is clearly stated and that no innocent enemies seem to take joy in fighting you then, because that very problem is why morality in undertale is so stupid. Maybe for the truly innocent, if they're at 100% Spare they stop attacking entirely instead of waiting for you to actually use Spare? Show they're willing to back off as much as you are
>>
>>3476167
I'm not DRYanon2
>>
>>3476180
And I'm not paying enough attention, very nice to meet you
Sorry about that lol
>>
>>3476151
I read you don't need to save Monster Kid to get the best ending. I won't do it because that might be my favorite scene in the game

>>3476167
It could have been clearer. Spareable enemies attacking is pretty ridiculous. Monsters like Asgore can have their attack dropped psychologically, so intent isn't obvious. Even the "they aren't really attacking you" bit is mostly fanon supported by a single mention of a bullet pattern birthday card
>>
>>3476185
>Even the "they aren't really attacking you" bit is mostly fanon supported by a single mention of a bullet pattern birthday card
Yeah it's funny remembering that, it's literally the ONE thing thats meant to stop the monsters at large from being truly evil, and all the evidence for it is 1 line of text in the librarby, that doesnt even come from dialogue, and doesnt even bring it up as an in-person exchange just cards. And it only gets worse the more you think about it from there, like how you're the only one getting these "Bullet Pattern Greetings", its not impossible for a monster to just talk to you normally, and it means "Tool for Human Eradication" and "A Friendly How-Do-You-Do" are the same thing to a monster.
>>
>>3476167
Maybe innocent and guilty darkners should have slightly different attack patterns

Innocent
>Attacks more support-based, blocking parts of the battle box
>Targeted projectiles attacks are thrown in your direction, instead of going directly at your soul
>Some patterns are somewhat random, hoping to incidentally hurt you rather than directly doing so
Guilty
>Targeted projectiles target your soul, or at least, are thrown in your direction in a less spread-out pattern
>Parterns that would be random take little time so they can be properly aimed at you (less attack speed, more accuracy)
Basically
>Innocent darkners go for the defensive
>Guilty darkners go for the offensive

I don't know if attack patterns should actually be modified in a noticeable way since they could be a giveaway of the darkners crime level
Maybe just increase attack speed and accuracy the more guilty they are, to give the feeling they are actively trying to hurt you.

Although one could put a small level of randomness to the equation
>Guilty darkners who don't know they are criminals, so they go for the defense
>Innocent darkners who think you are actually trying to kill them, so they attack to kill
>Innocent darkners who are being coerced into fighting, either by threat or deception, are slightly more aggressive
Hell, perhaps even uncommon versions of the normal darkers.
>An innocent darkner who thinks you are attacking them and uses "self-defense" as an excuse to be violent
>A desperate darkner who just spam attacks with no care for accuracy
>Guilty darkner who feels guilty, so they put little effort in the attacks

Just pitting out ideas here.
>>
>>3476028
>>3476056
>but that's anti-Undertale as fuck.
yeah i get that and have thought about it, but my point of view is that the question of "but what if you meet a REAL killer? is constantly teased, but never actually enacted upon.
undyne, muffet, flowey, and card king.
the four of them fit the "true killer" bill, and they all would have killed you if you just tried getting them to back down.
>have to run away from undyne
>have to stall in muffet's fight.
>flowey is forced to stand down by the other souls.
>card king exploited the team's kindness himself, and if it wasnt for lancer would have killed the party.
granted, undyne gets a pass because she has the soldier excuse and is fighting for the good of monsterkind as a whole.
but the other three actually do deserve to have their shit slapped and dusted/turned to plant pulp
anyways point is - UT/DR never address the "real killer" problem when its brought up in game, there's always just a bullshit excuse to skirt around it.
there will be a single digit amount of cases with the death sentence, and the first time is treated as a small shock point.
there will be consequences for leaving these enemies alive that prevents the true ending from happening, because surprise surprise, you let the person out for blood alive. and WOW, someone died. who woulda seen that coming?
>>3476167
in CH1/2 its pretty heavily implied that none of the enemies actually want to fight. most CH1 enemies are soldiers under threat of the king, and CH2 enemies are either mind controlled or one step away from being a wild animal.
>>3476206
noted
>I don't know if attack patterns should actually be modified in a noticeable way since they could be a giveaway of the darkners crime level
already planned that in DRY2-CH2 you'll get battle UI elements telling you the darkner's crime level so that you're not forced to check after chapter 1.
>>
>>3476213
oh yeah knew i was forgetting something, with the second part (also forgot a quote >>3476107)
idea is that innocent enemies similarly feel forced to fight.
>>
>>3476213
>have to stall in muffet's fight
Come on. As soon as she gets the memo that you weren't torturing and slaughtering her kin, the fight is over.
>>
>>3476256
and there's literally nothing you can do to convince her that you're innocent until the other spiders tell her.
if it wasnt for outside input, someone would have needed to die.
>>
>>3476256
So it's okay to be bound and attempted to be used as beast food 3 seperate times in the meanwhile?
>>
>>3476267
That really just suggests she's gullible more than it suggests she's a bad person. It's surreal to see "if you don't kill murderers you deserve a worse ending" and "muffet deserves to die for attacking (who she thinks is) a murderer" in the same post
>>
>>3476256
she threatened alphys and was the reason hotland wasn't closed off during genocide as well. she is objectively a bad person
>>
>>3476270
do i need to remind you that the reason why she thinks frisk is a murderer is because of money?
>>
>>3476146
>Do you guys struggle with writing characters? >Did you have experience with writing characters before going in? This applies mostly to the anons making fangame but also people who have written fanfics and stuff.
Not one of the devs here, just an anon learning Godot with the intention of making a fangame, what do you mean exactly with "struggle with writing characters"? Technically atleast for me coming up with a character concept is really easy, a concept cant be as simply as "a character who loves to fight", depending of the importance of the character an small concept is all you would need, once you have the basic concept things like the personality traits of the character, the design, the backstory their importance or conection to the plot, etc start to come naturally with time
The real struggle for me its writting dialogue, I have never written a fanfic or anything but I have been writting notes for game concepts for 6 years now (literally just an ideas guys that writes a ton of notes), wich includes writting characters, I think most of the dialogue that I write is really bland even when the character has a really defined personality to guide me it still feels stale, and since I'm too self conscious to post my writing I cant tell if my writing is actually shit or if it just has some flaws
It doesnt help that dialogue is probably the most important part of any character, a good design can make a character popular but that doesnt mean the character itself is good, personality traits are meaningless if the dialogue you write isnt consistent with their personality (see Ceroba), plot relevance can make a good character even better but if the character is already bad it will only make things worse and you have to write a really good backstory if you want that to be the sole thing to carry your character
>TL DR:
The dialogue (and interactions) is probably the most important part of writting a character and the hardest too
>>
>>3476256
She still is kind of a psycho, so...
And no, she literally only cares about 2 thing: Money, and her spiders, so she is still one.
>>
>>3476278
Which she intends to use to help her friends? But even then she wouldn't kill an innocent for any amount of money, so Mettaton had to make shit up.
>>
>>3476278
also to add on, yes
>It's surreal to see "if you don't kill murderers you deserve a worse ending" and "muffet deserves to die for attacking (who she thinks is) a murderer"
is a fair point to make, but there's also a point to make that muffet isnt exactly deserving of pure mercy either.
in any route, muffet is told to kill frisk in exchange for money because frisk kills spiders.
on pacifist and neutral, there's no way to prove that you wouldn't hurt spiders (unless you farm 9999G for the joke way through)
but then on genocide she is the sole reason why hotland and core enemies get wiped out - because she refuse to evac so that she could get the kill.
and to make matters worse if you abort genocide on her fight, she just lets you go. doesnt matter if you've killed every single person before her, you just didnt harm spiders so she doesnt give a shit. even if you go on to kill even more after aborting her fight.
under the justice system there's no way she falls under anything lower than a felony.
>>3476291
>But even then she wouldn't kill an innocent for any amount of money
see above, she lets you go on the route where its WELL KNOWN that you're going around and killing everybody you see.
she doesnt care about anything other than her spiders and money.
she could do an objectively good thing by stabbing you in the back and yet she doesnt.
>>
>>3476151
The problem with Undyne, and pretty much every other monster if we are being honest, is that they don't even see you as a person.

Like sure, it's her duty and I would too kill a child if it meant the freedom of my species.
But she kind of tries to pull the moral high ground on you, like she's the paragon of justice and you are being a jerk for not dying.
If you kill any of the dog guards, she says it was due "to the whims of the human" even when it's part of the job.
She also says that if you want to help everyone you should, which is true but not her call to make
And honestly, she's kind of racist by pulling the "some members of your species did us wrong so now your ENTIRE species is bad" card
I get hating a group that completely fucked you over, it's an understandable emotion, but my god fish lady that's a child who probably didn't know about the war before falling in.
>The father may shape the progenitors but his sins should never be laid upon the children

Honestly, Clover's Justice route could still be seen as justice because, despite being completely overblown in its retribution, it's based on the same logic most monsters have.
>Some of your species did wrong in the past, so all of your species have to pay
Hell, "Enemy Retreating" being a kind of cheerful and empowering song that plays while slaughtering innocents fits with how monsters usually feel so "heroic" when fighting you.

But I know most of this stuff is Toby Fox not thinking too deeply about the story/dialogue/lore even if he basically ended up creating huge double standards that humans have compared to monsters.
>Any monster you kill is seen as an act of violence, never self-defense.
>And the only monster who you are fighting in pure self-defense and cannot be reason with, cannot be killed either (mad dummy)
>Even hurting them is bad but by the game's logic they should be aware they are hurting you too thanks to the "HP bar"
>And they know about it because Napstablook mentions his
>>
>>3476300
You can argue she's right about the dog guards because every single dog enemy in the game has a 1 Turn Spare by using an item that you literally entered the underground with (The Stick), so ironically despite it being their job they are less dedicated to killing you than a Migosp. Even still though, yeah I totally get where you're coming from on that
>I get hating a group that completely fucked you over, it's an understandable emotion, but my god fish lady that's a child who probably didn't know about the war before falling in.
Let's not forget the 6 other humans that fell before Frisk, all of which were also children, where at least 1 one of them was confirmed to be involved in the deaths of monsters in one way or another. You agreed with the idea of killing a child for your people's freedom, but you glossed over it a bit too quickly honestly. If you HAD to kill a child for the greater good, chances are you would delude yourself into believing every possible thing that would make it an easier task on yourself mentally, because you're still killing a child no matter how neccesary it is. You need to be very fucked in the head to not go through that. That's why it requires so much effort to get her to back off, you need to show her 3 seperate times that you genuinely mean no harm before she can stop lying to herself to distract from the fact she needs to skewer a child. It's still a terrible situation but by all accounts I cant fault solely Undyne for acting this way, war fucking sucks and forces people to act in shitty ways to cope
>>
>>3476314
>If you HAD to kill a child for the greater good, chances are you would delude yourself into believing every possible thing that would make it an easier task on yourself mentally
also part of what makes muffet worse.
she doesnt even cares about the freedom, she ONLY cares for the money and her spiders.
she's killing a child for money.
>>
>>3476319
And it's even more obvious in genocide, so yea.
Muffet is a psycho/socio/ihavenoideawhatelsewouldfit-path.
>>
>>3476319
She cares about the spiders' freedom. She doesn't have a single gold piece on her so she probably dumps it all into the travel arrangements
>>
>>3467897
kek
>>
File: 1701974458963036.png (7 KB, 564x124)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
i hate UI design.
was gunna start with the pause menu, but NoOoO i have to fix the fucking determination font because spacing between characters is fucked.
god damnit.
at least this is a one time fix (hopefully)
>>
>>3476642
>realized that its not very noticeable in this image so it looks like i actually am going insane
oops, just look closely at the O
>>
File: IMG_0399.jpg (69 KB, 736x728)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
This is no longer a game dev thread,
Commence the bird posting
>>
File: 1713759795369864.jpg (97 KB, 935x811)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>3477323
>iToddler telling me what to do
no
>>
File: zartlet2.jpg (73 KB, 525x499)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>3477323
yessir
https://twitter.com/vazilior/status/1786561517405528086
>>
File: ezgif-2-13410bc86e[1].gif (770 KB, 720x448)
770 KB
770 KB GIF
Recreating the monster dusting effect is proving to be harder than I expected, it doesnt help that I suck at shaders and I'm mostly doing this blindly
>>
>>3478182
I wanna say that Undertale does it by spawning individual dust particles where the white parts of the sprite are, at least that’s what I’ve heard.
>>
>>3478248
Yeah I read that too, but in any case I dont know how to implement that either I thought using shaders would be easier
>>
>>3478281
I'm pretty sure it's based off horizontal rows like old console scanline effects. The easy way would be to get the height of the image and iterate through it, spawning 1px horizontal slices. Then go down the rows and give each one negative Y acceleration, random or sine(y) X acceleration, and a fadeout. This would be very inefficient at modern resolutions but Undertale monsters are... what, a hundred pixels high? I strongly suspect it's what Toby did. I might go through the decomp later to see.

If you try to do it with shaders I think things will get more complicated because fragment shaders operate on an area the size of the fragment (in this case, the sprite texture) and the dust effect is much bigger. So you'd have to use a vertex shader to make it wider and taller or use a framebuffer or something.
>>
>>3478411
>I think things will get more complicated because fragment shaders operate on an area the size of the fragment (in this case, the sprite texture) and the dust effect is much bigge
Yeah thats one of the problems I currently have with the shader
>>3478182
in the gif you can clearly see how the dust effect gets cutoff by the sprite's texture rect forming an square wich looks pretty bad, the other problem is that the effect isnt pixel sized like in undertale, it doesnt form an square for each pixel, it looks more like liquid more than anything
>>
>>3478427
I found a bunch of vaporization code in the Undertale decomp and it's fucked. I don't wanna keep digging. Whatever you end up doing, it'll probably be an improvement.

Seriously, though. If you want a simple solution, do the slices. Just spawn some Sprites with region_rect.size.y set to 1 and slide 'em around and you're done.
>>
>>3478182
the guy that was making the undertale dev kit in godot actually managed to recreate the dust effect in a shader, should have asked him for the shader code or at least some pointers so I could recreate it myself too
maybe next time he shows up I'll ask him
>>
File: uty-notes.gif (568 KB, 720x600)
568 KB
568 KB GIF
school is finally over yaaay
the speed at which i work on this over the summer depends on if I get a summer job or not (which I don't want to, because i've already saved up a good amount from working earlier, and working full-time on this as portfolio material seems far more conducive towards an actual career than working some wagie job, though my dad disagrees) but hopefully regardless of what happens i'll have much more time for this than I did with college on my ass.
currently working a bit on the HUD. i'm trying to take from the pixel style of undertale and turn that into newgrounds-flash style. i made soul-shaped notes and am working on accuracy rating sprites
>>
File: combo.png (125 KB, 704x337)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>3478597
here's the combo ratings compared to the default ones, lmk if this style looks good or if i should change anything about it
>>
>>3478597
You’re still working on this! This is cool even though I’m not much into FNF
>>3478604
Everything looks fine, no problem here
>>
>>3478597
>>3478604
The newgrounds and undertale style looks suprisingly good
>>
>>3478597
i love the heart notes, really nice touch.
also kind of unrelated but, i stumbled upon your starlo running sprites a while back, and right now im making a mod for uty since i wanted to learn a bit about utmt and gamemaker. would you mind if i used them? of course with proper credit and all
>>
File: 1698051398442346.png (1.38 MB, 2600x2500)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
So we know that in the Undergrounds the monsters also have ASCII and UNIX systems from dialogue in the game. Do you think they had C and Assembly? I like to think that Axis and Mettaton were probably programmed in an embedded systems language like C or C++.
>>
>>3475238
I like this font more. Good job anon.
>>
>>3478633
go ahead! here's a link to the .ase file if it would make it easier to export a spritesheet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t2ZU34SLy--kQUClCMgp3VIq55T-7R5u/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>3478716
thank you very much! now all i have to do is find a set of dalv running sprites and im set!
im making a mod where the main cast follows you around for a bit longer. for example, dalv follows you around snowdin, martlet follows you through all of dunes and starlo follows you around a new area above the cactus girl. i already have most of the dialogue written and the follower system. my plan is to also include a new ending, but ill see how it goes
>>
File: 1686318367454394.png (974 KB, 963x1024)
974 KB
974 KB PNG
>>3478721
You could even try re-writing the Pacifist ending to have more Kanako and True Lab. I know the Godot anon is doing that but he isn't doing much with the True Lab supposedly.
>>
>>3478726
yeah, i've been thinking of doing that but i would rather leave that to godotanon since i think his premise is more interesting. for now, its just a simple cutscene and text mod, nothing too major. im not planning to add battles or anything like that, unless i learn more about utmt as time goes on.
the hard part is gonna be making the followers help in combat like what ceroba does. i already have a few ideas about what dalv, martlet and starlo can do, but im open to suggestions
>>
>>3478729
if it's too much work, you don't need to add battle stuff for all followers, just having them around and the talk option already adds a lot
also add a date at martlet's house in the time you can backtrack there after the wild east and the steamworks
>>
someone made a yellow thread on /v/
time to see if the /v/ threads are completely out of steam or not.
>>
>>3478863
They should all just post here
>>
>>3478841
i want to try and do something like the papyrus hangout for martlet and starlo. its something i have planned but i want to first implement the dalv and martlet follower stuff and then move on to the other stuff
>>
>>3478894
before this thread was made, the /v/ threads were the primary, and the one on this board was very light and largely was just gamedev updates
not sure if we ever necessarily switched the primary threads over to this board, but i sorta like the one here being a slower thing to sporadically check in on, while more lively ones crop up on /v/ every now and again
>>
>>3478182
Forgot to mention, I was using this shader as a base in case anyone wants to give it a try
https://godotshaders.com/shader/pixel-explosion/
>>
File: lilithFlamengo.png (538 KB, 594x675)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
>>3479504
I've been meaning to study shaders for a while now, not just because of my fangame but because of other projects as well. Thankfully most of the effects I need to do are pretty simple
>>3478729
>I would rather leave that to godotanon since i think his premise is more interesting.
I'm honored
>>
Just finished this and I'm really proud about how it turned out. It's very much my own take on Integrity and her role in the story, starting out kinda tomboyish but eventually adapting into a killer ballet dancer after falling down. I was worried that the bleeding mascara might be a bit too much but it grew on me.
lemme know your thoughts and if I went too far, constructive criticism welcome but say something nice too if you don't mind.
>>
>>3479887
what project is this for?
>>
>>3479986
Think of it like UTY master quest
>>
>>3480025
Finally, the Wild West is real
>>
>>3479887
>her role in the story, starting out kinda tomboyish but eventually adapting into a killer ballet dancer after falling down
She didnt have the tutu before falling down?
>>
>>3479887
>I'm kinda ambivalent on the bleeding mascara, but it certainly makes her look unhinged. If it's grown on you then i'd say keep it
>Given the bang hanging over half her face, shouldn't the left and right facing sprites be different?
Looks good.
>>
well, the /v/ thread went better than expected.
guess we've still got some steam left for /v/, just need to space them out and time them a bit better
>>
>>3480303
And maybe announce them in this thread. Most people stopped checking /v/ so often but everyone checks /vrpg/
>>
>>3480303
it struggled a bit but im surprised it reached post limit.

>>3478721
small update on this but i already wrote the dialogue for all the rooms, im just giving them a second pass and then giving it to friends for feedback. hopefully ill be able to work on the cutscenes soon
>>
File: 1709986123513941.png (33 KB, 673x371)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
might as well repost these here
>>
File: 1705560819685369.png (28 KB, 669x372)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>3480310
shame multiple images in one post isnt a thing.
>>
File: 1692073892764137.png (33 KB, 671x432)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>3480311
>>
>>3480310
>>3480311
>>3480312
why is every singular "A" capitalized?
>>
>>3480313
singular letters are-
>the teachers taught me wrong
>as a joke
god damnit.
>>
File: 1707251861482541.png (41 KB, 945x474)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>3480322
then again, it has also been quite a while since ive last had to write formally.
>>
How are you developers doing for music? Are you just reusing Yellow’s ost or what?
>>
>>3480334
its the exact reason why im making a tech demo in the first place, the fandom is filled to the brim with people willing to help out if your project looks promising.
>>
>>3480322
You're going to get non-ESLs to sort your shit out before release, right? Every shot you posted has errors.
>>
>>3480423
english is my first language. i do not write formally often.
>>
File: 1701734618765840.webm (346 KB, 1322x1080)
346 KB
346 KB WEBM
>>3480426
anyways i can assure you that i do speak english natively.
but as you can probably tell by my typing style i dont exactly have formalities at the front and center of my mind.
so i need to put a little more effort into it, which would involve not typing things out at 2am, like i did when making the react text for those and right now.
as for the pause menu, this is the current state, will work on the inventory half tomorrow.
>>
File: 1695928017725899.png (10 KB, 281x106)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>3480575
just realized that something isnt quite right.
>>
>>3480578
At first I thought you meant the color because its too orange, I have the feeling that he final game will have at least one instance of someone accidentally calling Cole "Clover"
>>
>>3480578
I think you should just call him Clover, since it’s literally just Clover aged up and not a new character (I assume)
>>
>>3480720
cole just sounds cool tho
>>
>>3480791
what if clover is his actual name but kanako calls him cole as a cute nickname
>>
>>3480846
Clover 'Cole' Prower
>>
>>3480578
Making Cole/Clover's name an in-game toggle might be a good idea to look into, Cole is a better sounding name but it is a bit weird to give him an entirely new name when he's still supposed to be the same Clover from Yellow, especially if Kanako didnt get a changed name
>>
>>3480923
I mean it's obviously supposed to be like Frisk/Kris
>>
>>3480946
Yes but Frisk and Kris are also different people outright, Cole is still Clover. I get the naming logic but its the still the same person, no one is going to accidently call Kris Frisk but you can see right there people will still mix up Cole and Clover
>>
>>3480950
i think you trying to fix a literal non-problem.
No one has ever had a complain with Cole.
And no one will be confused by the obviously different if technically the same character.

In fact, it is better to have them named differently as to not confuse who is who and what game is being talked about.
>>
>>3480950
I think there's a case against this in that UT gives almost no indications of Frisk's character whatsoever, and what's there isn't contradictory with what we know about Kris. It's very possible that their personalities are exactly the same, we just don't get to see Frisk's. Also, although we never see her, Susie is called Suzy in UT.
>no one is going to accidently call Kris Frisk
Toby actually did that in one of the newsletters lmao
>>
>>3481115
Toby did that because kris and frisk sound similar, it only takes a tongue slip for someone to accidentally say frisk instead of kris
>>
>>3481115
>Also, although we never see her, Susie is called Suzy in UT.
besides those two (who are the main characters of DR), every returning UT char has the same name
a new name for kanako could work but I can't think of anything that won't sound weird
>>
>>3481219
Can o coke
>>
>>3481219
Maybe Kana or Kanata? Kana has the bonus of being a very dumb, probably-not-how-the-language-actually-works pun where UT's Kanako is the child version of DR's Kana.
>>
>>3481219
>>3481269
>>3481309
>>3481219
my theory is toby will take a page from homestuck and jojo part 6
my crack theory: when the roaring happens, the DR universe will be reset into the UT one but kris and susie will die in the process, having them be reborn as frisk and suzy. for some reason kris will be split into 2 though and the 2nd half becomes chara
>>
>>3481325
Honestly, same. I'm not expecting it to play out exactly as you've outlined, but ever since DR was first revealed I always imagined it was something of a pre-scratch prequel to UT.
If it ends up being real, that would also make my "Kana" suggestion work on another level, in that Kanako Undertale is the spiritual descendant of Kana Deltarune, haha
>>
>>3481309
i actually like kana, considering the ko is japanese for child iirc?
ive seen a few people call kanako "kako" which i thought was cute
>>
>>3467897
>build a character that fits a specific role
>go through a story making decisions that have narrative consequences
>>
File: 1709463175902750.webm (392 KB, 1322x1080)
392 KB
392 KB WEBM
my only addition to the name conversation is that toby probably didnt think that hard about kris and susie's names.
the logic was probably "naming the human frisk or chara will imply too many things" and "wait, suzy isnt that great of a name for a regular kid. good thing susie is pronounced the same"
the origin of cole's name was just to follow the naming convention that kris established (frisk - f = kris), and mylo is an extension of that (using melody as UT name)
>>
I have been fucking around with shaders and particles to recreate the monster dusting effect
this time I used this shader as a base https://godotshaders.com/shader/teleport-effect/
along with a CPUParticles2D node to recreate the dust particles, the particles nodes uses the monster's texture as an emission mask so no particles randomly appear in transparent areas of the monster's sprite
using an animation player I interpolate the shader's progress property and the particle's transparency while emitting the particles in the first keyframe, I also set the paticles node Z index as lower than the sprite's Z index, this way it looks like the particles only start emitting once the sprite has reachead a certain point
Pic related is the result, the main problem now is that the particles are somewhat random and sometimes they all emit at the same time before the shader finishes its interpolation, but thats only a minor thing, there is probably a better/more efficient way to do this but I would say that for now the effect looks "close enough" to the original
>>
File: dusting_particles.gif (952 KB, 1366x728)
952 KB
952 KB GIF
>>3481823
forgot my gif
fuck
>>
>>3481825
Slick, dust particles seem a bit too small in the gif but I’ll let you be the judge of that, I don’t know how your engine’s particle system works.
>>
File: xkh8itj3bqrc1.webm (69 KB, 498x370)
69 KB
69 KB WEBM
>>3481839
Undertale dust particles are 1 pixel in size but I agree that the particles do look kinda small, fortunately particle nodes are very easy to tweak so its just a matter of adjusting things until they look right
>>
I just want to get railed by Chujin
>>
Currently studying English colloquialisms and multi-syllable vocabulary words as well as American literature so I can write better dialogue for a fangame of a fangame of an indie game designed for children.
Heck yeah, now I just gotta get good at art and potentially audio design. Skills that would be cool to have, regardless.
>>
>>3481990
>Currently studying English colloquialisms and multi-syllable vocabulary words as well as American literature
You are probably putting more thought than Toby in this
>>
>>3481622
I honestly stand by the opinion that Toby should have just bitten the bullet and named Kris Frisk. Or the other way around, since DR was conceptualized first and Kris is a better sounding name anyway.
>>
File: uty_fnf_ui_concepts.png (750 KB, 960x720)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
a more finalized iteration of the HUD during songs. i don't like base fnf's HUD, so i made various sprites to condense certain information and make it more stylized
top is more rhythm-related stuff (accuracy, misses, the strumline) while the bottom is more relating to undertale, with your health, level, and current opponent
i might orient back to coding soon, been doing a lot of stuff on the art side lately and I still have some overworld features to add and complete
>>
>>3482089
interesting, so the opponent notes would not show up, right?
>>
>>3482089
Dude, this looks so good. Amazing job.
>>
>>3482089
Are neutral runs possible or is it just "pacifist lv 1 songs and genocide songs"? Because it would be cool to get stuff like a neutral run axis song where ceroba aint singing
>>
File: cerobaPartner.png (131 KB, 1132x518)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>3482126
i'm planning on the game running in 4:3 ratio so it looks more accurate to undertale. so yes, opponent notes probably will be hidden, simply to save space on the screen
>>3482185
for the demo, I want to prioritize having a working overworld and a few good songs to show off. plus the demo will only be a fraction of the full game, so for now I'll probably limit the player to pacifist.
but in the full thing, yes, i'll try to make it more dynamic, particularly regarding if ceroba's in the party or not, and most likely different vocals will be used for Guardner and Axis's fights if so. (hence a "partner" system, picrel)
probably gonna be similar to the base game in that regard, where neutral and pacifist have small differences, while genocide fundamentally alters how things play out
>>
File: relatable.png (61 KB, 495x293)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>3482271
on a related note, i sorta feel bad for starlo, thinking about ceroba being an ally in the steamworks songs, AND having her final boss song, AND having her genocide song, AND probably another one in the true lab. and martlet gets all of hers too.
i'm considering if i should rewrite genocide to give starlo an undyne the undying-esque fight, or at least give the player the option to kill either him or ceroba, to have both possible
would that work with his personality? to me he's sort of like the game's papyrus, but the game shows he absolutely isn't naive when shit gets serious. plus i'm sorta rewriting the game anyways so why not?
if i'm really crazy I could make some Ornstein and Smough shit
>>
>>3482280
what if theres a song against the feisty five but starlo is on your side? or, in case of genocide, a fight against all of the feisty five. theres other concepts ive seen like sirious starlo? i think it was called? but i would say go ahead and go wild, its your mod after all.
its normal for fnf mods to not have stuff thats from their main inspiration straight up, like the petscop one or the bazillion sonic.exe ones
>>
>>3482280
You're rewriting the game too huh? UTM?
Well, I've been working with this game for a while, if you want some advice or have any questions, I'll help you out as best as I can.
>>
>>3482280
A Ceroba with Starlo fight makes the most sense, you could even add a joke about having a "dual" with both of them
>>
>>3482335
NTA but by UTM, you mean Undertale Mod Tool, or what is it?
>>
>>3467591
People want to fuck the bird woman, and old west shit is neat.
>>
>>3482441
Yeah, Undertale Mod Tool is great, it’s the next best thing to completely decompiling the game and working on it in gamemaker studio (which might be a thing you can do, I’m not sure)
>>
>>3482280
>Ornstein and Smough shit
I've spent a long time thinking about this exact scenario for Genocide, and the only conceivable way I can see it fitting with Yellow's lore is Ceroba using the protection technique she uses on you when she's allied with you in the steamworks, except the shield regenerates every turn. This would force the fight to end with Ceroba dying first, and from there Starlo would get killed in one shot (Maybe even ending the fight with a "Duel" ACT to give people the choice of being honorable)
Of course, if I really had my way it'd be a full on Feisty Five showdown while Ceroba is nowhere to be found.
>>
>>3482526
Personally I wouldve just made Ceroba a super boss you have to "know" about beforehand to fight. Specifically, have her hiding in the manor from news of the evac in Chujin's old lab desperately searching if he had any contingency plan for that made. You "unlock" the gate simply by shooting it, have the choice to desecrate (try and fail to shove the headstone becuase 12) Chujin's grave if you check it, and then find Ceroba by checking the table the lab is under about 5 times. That way she doesnt show up in the main route but if you think to check her manor, a place you can only see otherwise on Pacifist, you can fight her if you really want to leave no stone unturned. Yeah Ceroba is annoying, but is having the main antagonist of the pacifist route just not existing in the genocide route at all much better? It'd be like if Flowey stopped showing up entirely in UT's genocide after the ruins.
>>
>>3482512
oh yeah, i was asking because im actually using utmt for my mod and its been quite fun to do it. rn im struggling a bit with some sprites but i think ill get it working soon
>>
>>3482551
that's actually a pretty good idea, but the devs really wanted to shoehorn their fox mommy
might not be hard to mod it in if you just reuse her battle and change the dialogue
>>
>>3482526
there is a mod called dust devil which adds a feisty five genocide battle, so that might be worth checking out
>>
>>3482271
Question, erect remixes? Even if theyre for important songs like clover vs zenith martlet or clover vs pacifist ceroba.
>>
>>3482335
by "rewriting" i was mainly referring to narrative and not code. i'm modding FNF (which was made in haxeflixel) but I am adding an overworld state mostly from scratch. it'll play almost like a rhythm game RPG
>>3482717
i'll have to ask composers about that when i'm getting the music for the mod. not a bad idea though
>>
I’d be a lot more proficient with UTMT by now had I known that all it took to add a new thing was to right click on one of the lists. Wish they’d put that in the Manuel.
>>
>>3482280
What if the game had a Weird Route that involved performing specific actions to manipulate the Wild East characters, make the Feisty Five fight lethal, and get Starlo chasing after you culminating in a boss fight? Maybe even a final boss with its own ending, though that might be too much feature creep
>>
>>3482852
huh? how did you do it before?
>>
>>3482918
I just didn’t even know how to add anything, though at the time I only planned on editing code and dialogue.
>>
>>3482089
Yknow, imagine if clover's vocals were changed to something similar to fnf kapi's dance-pad, where instead of singing, the vocals are like sounds from stepping on the dancepad
>>
>>3483582
In the bailador fight I mean, forgot to clarify
>>
it's kind of funny how better coded are the end parts of uty compared to the first parts. for example the code for the elevators in new home are better coded than the elevator at the mines. kinda interesting
also, i wonder when someone is gonna make another v thread, its been a while since the last one
>>
>>3484035
that's normal for most projects as programmers learn more as time goes on, and going back to change something that is badly coded but working is a bad idea because it could end up break more stuff so just leave it alone
>>
>>3484132
And now me, someone who’s hardly programmed at all, get to start the cycle all over again. Hopefully I’ll do better than Toby fox
>>
>>3484132
the whole dark ruins part is a mess as well. wish me luck trying to change some of that stuff
>>
>>3484201
I think a bunch of code for one of the Dalv scenes is stored inside of Clover
>>
>>3484217
yep, some parts of the dunes follow this convention as well, handling all cutscene data in an npc. also, dalvs sprites dont follow the same pattern as the other sprites, probably because he was early in development
>>
File: 1693372728100854.png (553 KB, 744x720)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
>>3484035
>>3484217
Can I see the UTY source code?
>>
>>3484442
Download Undertale Mod Tool and with it open the data.win file for UTY. Inside it is the entire game except for the launcher, all editable and searchable.
>>
File: followerDemo.webm (2.47 MB, 1280x720)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB WEBM
alright i coded some more shit for the overworld
most notably, follower NPCs (still a bit janky but generally functional) and support for decals from the tile editor. decals are essentially just sprites placed into the tilemap, something you'd use for more detailed rooms. I also added scroll factor support (scroll factor is how much the sprite moves relative to the camera movement; this allows for the illusion of depth by having foreground and background elements move at different speeds, like the pillars in the last corridor of undertale) so in theory, I could start recreating the game map in Ogmo if I wanted to.
at some point i'm gonna have to add scripting/cutscene support and i'm seriously too stupid to figure that out. i might ask the engine dev for help on that and just try to do menus and savefile stuff in the meantime, or even the martlet sprites.
>>
>>3484796
This is done in the same engine as FNF right? its pretty crazy for a mod or fangame, I'm not sure in wich category this falls at this point
also about the newline thing you mentioned, most if not all the dialogue in Undertale starts with an asterisk, each line is actually written with a \n between each line to preserve the indentation from the asterisk, this applies to Undertale Yellow too
>>
>>3484796
What engine are you doing this on? Psych? Or just base FNF?
>>
>>3485125
>>3485204
I’m doing this in a recent version of Forever engine. forever is in more of an alpha state compared to psych but it’s coded/structured a lot cleaner and is supposed to have scripting support
For those unfamiliar, FNF is an open-source game made in HaxeFlixel, and “FNF engines” take the base game’s code and clean it up a bit and add features to make modding easier/more powerful. This overworld stuff is pretty much an independent game state i’m writing in Haxe, while the songs will probably be closer to modding existing game states. But the backend stuff is useful universally, which makes the engine choice important regardless, as recent Forever builds have pretty solid file management and parsing features, for example
>>
File: 1702931662449093.png (881 KB, 957x1079)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
I've heard that there is unused content for the True Lab in the game files, but I can't find anything about it on the wiki
https://undertaleyellow.fandom.com/wiki/Unused_Content
Does anyone have more information about it?
>>
>>3485459
From working in UTMT, the only things I've seen were the unused debug function where you can play as Kanako and the True Lab graphics that are used for the Flowey fight. I have no idea if there's anything else
>>
>>3485541
theres also the unused hotland kill counter, which is a very heavy implication about what was planned.
>>
>>3485459
The juiciest thing you can find in the files is sans sprites and sound effects. Also the tall miner girl’s sprite is called MINER_GF. I guess Undertale fans really love miners.
>>
>>3485459
>>3485541
>>3485566
There is also the another medium remix wich is actually a full theme with Kanako's leitmotif and lots of leitmotifs in general, wich probably means that hotlands was going to be a bigger area since in the actual game hotlands is like 4 rooms long and you will stay there for like 1 minute at most
>>
>>3481467
Unironically more RPG than Starfield
>>
>>3485579
not adding sans was genuinely the best decision they could have made
>>
>>3484172
>Hopefully I’ll do better than Toby fox
thats not a very high bar to pass, you arent going to put your entire dialogue system in a single +1000 lines long switch statement are you?
>>
File: 1713134155179617.jpg (2.66 MB, 3082x2376)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>3485541
>>3485579
>>3485596
Do tell more
>>
>was one second too late to the yellow thread and couldnt bump it in time
fuck.
maybe we could try making them a friday thing, it probably died cause everyone was working,
>>
>>3486629
THERE WAS A YELLOW THREAD AND NO ONE MENTIONED IT HERE?
>>
>>3486634
forgor.
>>
>>3486629
its weird, sometimes some threads get a lot of traction on the weekdays but not on the weekends, and sometimes its on reverse. i think not having undertale yellow as a title was also a miss. honestly i would rather get a new thread every 2-3 days instead of weekly but idk
>>
>>3486629
i'd say it's bad luck it was posted on an apparently busy day. i posted, went to have lunch with family, and came back to a dead thread.
>>3486639
i mean, be the change you want to see in the world man. make a thread on thursday or something if nobody else does before then.
>>
>>3486400
Which Ceroba is gettin the best dick?
>>
>>3486710
Manic obviously, dick is so good she is going insane
Sad or neutral are probably getting the worst one
>>
File: ReRoba.png (5 KB, 217x658)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
I've seen this redesign posted a lot since it was made but I never had this thought until now, I think this is genuinely an overall improvement of Ceroba's design, which is wild considering the rest are either complete dogshit or unchanged axis
The style of the face matches Martlet's more and gives her a more tired expression. The dress was made longer to actually show off her size and her boots were removed to actually show off more monstrous traits than her ears. Her hands arent hidden in her sleeves anymore, and she actually has a tail too. They actually made her look more like an adult monster mother and a bit less like a generic furry despite adding a tail
>>
>>3486819
idk i actually like martlet's as well, she looks more like a royal guard in that armor. regarding roba, i think i like her normal robes better, but the rest of it, i agree
>>
>>3486819
>>3486823
I think those redesings made a got job at giving the characters different body shapes since the entire main cast of UTY (with the exception of axis) has the same lanky body shape, they are even around the same height
>>
>>3486823
NTA, but knowing how slender she is in her canon design, I just can't imagine her clanking around in the bulky armor in that redesign.
>>
>>3486872
I propose a fair compromise: bikini armor
>>
Here is a design I made for Kanako, it's not final and right now I don't plan on adding the true lab, (I'll leave that to Godotanon) but here's a design I made. I'm not too blown away by it personally, I wanted to find a way to add some color but I didn't know how to do that without sacrificing the amalgam appearance. If you got any cool design ideas for her, lemme hear 'em and I might just take your advice.

She can shapeshift btw
>>
>>3486916
Are her eyes meant to be covered by her "hair"?
I'm having a hard time seeing the expression on her face, if there is any
>>
>>3486930
She's got the Kris cut (and also her face is melting)
Made a version with her face uncovered but I won't post that.
>>
>>3486872
i actually kinda imagine as martlet being a bit chubby considering all she does is sleep around all day, add that to martlet having to carry a huge piece of armor that overfits her, is kinda funny

>>3486916
nice design. you're doing a mod for uty right? i am as well, so hopefully we dont do the same thing haha
>>
Reminder that Ceroba is the best character and nothing you say will ever change this
>>
>>3486997
this with complete and utter sincerity
>>
>>3486916
>>3486930
>>3486938
I think you did a good job if the sprite is harder to interpret, gives that almalgamates feel
>>
File: 1694570366152661.png (716 KB, 671x806)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>3486997
I want to bear her children
I literally think about her every day
>>
>>3486823
martlet does dress like a royal guard, though. more specifically, she dresses like doggo.

besides, wearing metal armor like some of the other guys might prevent her from flying (which is pretty important to her job when she actually works it)
>>
>>3487646
>I want to bear her children
>>
>>3474103
>>3469741
>>3475238
>>3476642

Hey faggot, next time please reply to your own posts so i can hide all offtopic posts with one click. Thanks.
>>
>3488243
the fangame devs are the primary reason why we have the /vrpg/ thread.
>>
>>3488243
you might as well just get the fuck out of here and never come back, because update tracking on fan content is a staple here and shitting on it just makes you look like a retard.
>>
File: Flowey_dies.gif (409 KB, 120x108)
409 KB
409 KB GIF
Turns out for this scene, in the files there's a bunch of extra sprites for him laughing while you shoot him but they don't get used for some reason. maybe I can rig it so it works
>>
File: file.png (511 KB, 850x567)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
Anyone got the greentext one anon made for this picture?
>>
File: 1698578289174540.png (1.23 MB, 1647x3610)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>3489021
>>
File: 200.gif (87 KB, 356x200)
87 KB
87 KB GIF
>>3488243
i think you're just crying and shitting in your diaper right now because you came here to complain and doompost and finger your ass to ceroba futa rape porn like you do on /v/, but instead you're just seeing a bunch of people who are more skilled and motivated and happy than you
>>
>>3467591
Can i mention deltatraveler? Because honestly, about the fell sans fight, theres the monologue that papyrus gives about fell sans changing and becoming a merciless killer, snd it makes me think, why isnt there any special dialogue for sparing fell!sans in obliteration? Wouldnt it make more sense if the fun gang realized, "hey, isnt it fucked up that the thing possessing kris killed everyone including a defenseless scared dog EXCEPT the insane maniac killer who was willing to kill a lot of people?" instead of not changing the dialogue at all???? They freak out and break your soul if you kill dogaressa and spare dogamy, but sparing a literal serial killer after killing two children and a scared dog is apparently fair game and nobody questions it????????
>>
>>3489692
At some point I really need to write an expansive list of all the shit like this in Deltatraveler, no matter how bad it already is there's always something else retarded about it. I wanna see how big a list of all that shit in game would end up being
>>
>>3489303
>ceroba futa rape porn
may i have some of the aforementioned as well
>>
what the fuck is deltatraveler and why do i keep hearing bad things about it
is it really that bad, if so i don't want to see for myself to find out how bad it is, i liked yellow too much to want to lose it
>>
>>3489771
so after chapter 2 released people started making memes about susie being confused on why she's now suddenly in a dark world.
these memes included just shoving the two into any and every game around.
the DT devs wanted to make a shitpost game on this.
but they are also all egotistical always online twitter crazies and started taking the project way too seriously sometime during the second segment, now because of the positive support echo chamber that is discord they've had not a single reality check to stop them from turning the game into edgy skeleton-wank.
should also mention that if it wasnt for DT the project's lead would have been working on THIS, https://gamejolt.com/games/ATONEMENT/384093, a post-genocide game set in hell and the only enemies are humans who are caricatures of specific sins.
>>
>>3489771
https://gamejolt.com/games/deltatraveler/661464 is a fangame for deltarune that started out as an adaptation of an (honestly not funny) meme where kris and susie are dragged into a different games. it was originally just them going into the ruins from undertale but further updates have expanded it into "they go to whatever the devs decide is interesting".

it suffers from bad dialogue (tbf yellow also has its moments) which can be lampshaded by the fact that it originated from an unserious depiction of the characters, but it doesn't really do it any favors. there have been patches for it that change the dialogue though, so at least from what i've gleamed the devs reluctantly agree with the writing sucking no matter how much glazing they get from people who unironically like it.

but uh.. yeah. flimsy characters, flimsy motivation, very weird tonally, and all that seems to get worse in the "killing, some monsters..." route.

and btw it doesn't actually have anything to do with yellow jsyk (besides like a cameo from frostermit in one single part of it, and a name picking menu joke if you enter "ceroba" that they quickly removed so they don't make teamuty mad)

tl;dr is that its a punching bag for being poorly written but it's honestly not that deep and you're free to form your own opinion or even just ignore it, utdr fans just like having new things to talk about and you know there's a negativity bias and all that
>>
>>3489781
never heard of atonement before this, but
>humans turned into the seven deadly sins
ts!underswap temmies if it fucking sucked
>canceled for being stupid and not interesting in concept
rynogg admitting defeat on bad concepts?? redemption arc?
>>
>>3489820
>rynogg admitting defeat on bad concepts?? redemption arc?
nah because this was three years ago.
>>
I think we a new newsletter people.

It contains huge undertaleo lore, like
>sans with a hat
>flowery's secret friend, papaya
>>
>>3489824
i was going off the more formal cancelation announcement. i feel like ceasing work on it and outright stating it was a bad concept are wayy diff things
>>
>>3489738
Please do, i wanna see as many flaws as possible listed down
>>
>>3489845
It also proves that sans cares about money since he took the million dollars despite the font change

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.