[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

No custom made characters. RPGs that force you to play as a woman.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 198x254)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>3468840
Celes, Lenneth, Estelle are all better
>>
>>3468840
so what was main plot of this game? played it as a little babby but couldnt give a damn to do a rerun these days
>>
>this is better herp
>no no that is better derp
>no arguments at all
shit thread
kys
>>
>>3468848
Don't be such a mean boy.
>>
>>3468845
>so what was main plot of this game
The Chosen Tribe (heh) tries to bring about the apocalypse as written in their holy book (heh heh). Poor people living in the desert try to stop the God's Chosen. Traveling across the world they recruit medieval Europeans, cripples, robots and a treasonous God's Chosen whore (literally) and after many failings, they eventually win because the main villain is down bad in the final fight. The moral lesson is to never let go of your hoe on your mad quest for power, because it will come back to bite you in the end.
>>
I wish there was a mod that fixed the endlessly respawning encounters
>>
File: EZM238WXYAI_3G1.jpg (67 KB, 679x382)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>3468840
>>
>>3468919
>>3468844
Fuck Estelle and fuck that "we're gonna spend hours talking only about food" slop
>>
>>3468920
I'd rather a JRPG where they takk about fishing and food than a JRPG where they talk about yet another evil god trying to devour the multiverse.
>>
File: velvet.jpg (880 KB, 900x1276)
880 KB
880 KB JPG
>>3468840
>>
>>3468920
>He can't into immersion and worldbuilding
Maybe FIFA 2018 is more your speed
>>
>>3468840
funny how the blue haired troon from SMT V is more feminine looking than her
>>
>>3468919
W-what?!? REAN is a girl!? Haha!
>>
How does the mod that let's you skip time in the action bars work?

Can enemies attack you during Skipped Time or are you immune to damage like Diavolo?
>>
>>3468844
Estelle is a basic bitch brotherfucker
>>
File: Lona_lantern.gif (949 KB, 192x192)
949 KB
949 KB GIF
>>3468840
>>
>>3468930
>Immersion and worldbuilding = most trivial talk
Maybe Hell's Kitchen would be a great RPG for you
>>
>>3469133
I remember when I played Deus Ex as a little girl and I wondered why they named some part of New York Hell's Kitchen in the future, when it doesn't even have any hell themed buildings.
>>
>>3468844
>dat feel when Hrist game never EVER
>>
>>3468844

Lenneth is great and Alicia/Silmeria is great too. Alicia in particular grows so much during the journey.

>>3469151

After Elysium do you really even want one? We need to wait until the madness dies out.
>>
>>3468882
>The Chosen Tribe (heh) tries to bring about the apocalypse as written in their holy book (heh heh).
Note that the current version of the church sees the dark apostle as a heretic. Their paladin will occasionally attack the apostle's (ex-)hoe if they're simultanously in the party.
>>
File: Kotone_Shiomi.png (2.71 MB, 1540x4684)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>3468840
easy
>>
>>3469290
Who?
>>
>>3469290
>zero personality
>non-canon
>>
>>3468927
so good that SE xerox'd her to make Clive
>>
File: file.png (1.66 MB, 1146x1875)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
What did Led see in a chuddie like Grubb?
>>
>>3469426
she's a military brat, so the answer might just be daddy issues - daughter of prominent officer shacking up with some punk just to stick it up to her dad is surprisingly common occurence
>>
>>3469426
She just wants pumpkin (runner)
>>
>>3468840
Undertale
>>
>>3468840
I wanted to give this game a try because of cool looking setting, but the sluggish combat really was drying my interest. I stopped shortly after reaching the third sphere. Maybe I should give it another go?
>>
>>3470025
install the skip time mod
>>
Women aren't believable heroes, simple as. FemShep, female Courier, female Revan etc - all just men with tits.
>>
>>3468840
Am I the only girl who felt like there should been a romance between Ayram and Maya? He's such a hot bad boy.
>>
I've never finished this game despite starting it 3 or 4 times, I remember game crashing on me when I was probably near the end.
>>
>>3468844
>>
>>3468840
honestly, it's a miracle that this game even got funding
>>
>>3474555
They made the Beavis & Butthead spitting from the roof (and other stuff) game
>>
You can tell that most people drop this before shell 6. The only tiermaker I could find:
https://tiermaker.com/create/septerra-core-battle-system-tier-list-1527065
>no Badu
>no Lobo
Filtered by sound puzzle for sure. I was filtered too when I played this as a kid.

In terms of usefulness in combat × looks/personality/what they bring outside of combat, it's:
>S
Ayram (flawless in all categories)
Lobo (carried lots by the ship he brings with him + coolest design in the game)
>A
Corgan & Selina (both held down by their lack of personality/being a hoe, respectively)
>B
Maya
Grubb
Led
>C
Badu
>D
Runner (would be F if he wasn't so cool looking)

Wish it was possible to make the last two not suck so hard, especially since they're basically combat only characters.
>>
>>3468844
Estelle is just a slop shonen male protagonist except more retarded and girl
>>
>>3469426
They're both robosexual.
>>
>>3468840
>>3475262
Is it just me or did Led have weird level scaling compared to the rest of the crew?
>>
File: septerra combat.webm (2.94 MB, 640x480)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>3468944
>How does the mod that let's you skip time in the action bars work?
You press F, it fast forwards action bars, yours and enemies'.
>Can enemies attack you during Skipped Time or are you immune to damage like Diavolo?
If the enemy is scripted to attack before you, pressing it will immediately trigger an attack. However, because it doesn't work perfectly, you'll get a first attack advantage like in the webm, where without it you'd get attacked first way more often. But this is preferable when you're strong enough to instagib mobs.
>>3468882
>The Chosen Tribe (heh) tries to bring about the apocalypse as written in their holy book (heh heh).
The only reason the conjuction turns into an apocalypse is because Doskias fucks up the bio-computer coordinating rotation of the spheres, causing them to accelerate progressively. No "book" is ever mentioned, you dimwitted antisemite.
>Poor people living in the desert try to stop the God's Chosen.
There's no singular "god" in the lore. These deities are more like heroes powered by technology and bioengineering.
>Traveling across the world they recruit medieval Europeans
They have electricity, you absolute moron.
>they eventually win because the main villain is down bad in the final fight
They win because Selina and Corgan get given ancient swords containing power that rivals Doskias' Gemma Blade. He's also fooled into thinking the protagonist is an incarnation of one the deities due to temporary fake tattoos you get her in one of the quests.
>>
>>3468882
>>3480287
nazi chud btfo
>>
>>3480287
>>3480290
Is this supposed to be a larp? No way someone can project lack of wit this hard. Basic lack of understanding of humor.
>>
>>3480757
lol get wrecked
>>
>>3480757
lmfao keep malding
>>
Shion Uzuki from the Xenosaga trilogy. I always related to her, because like me, she is deeply mentally ill and strangely unlikable as a person. She seems normal at first, and then absent minded, until you realize that she's not normal at all, and her absent mindedness is actually a maladaptive coping mechanism covering over her narcissistic and neurotic flight from reality.
She's also a whore.
>>
>>3481129
She looks like she fucks bla---
>She's also a whore.
Damn, and I wrote the first sentence just after looking at the pic
>>
>>3481129
Enjoyed her backstory and game trilogy. Ragtag bands in jarpigs are one thing, but it's cool how pretty much everyone in the Xenosaga universe is completely fucked up, but don't wear it on their sleeves
>>
File: 1714943395738234.jpg (195 KB, 820x564)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>3468844
>Celes
A lesser woman would have been crushed by such a burden....
>>
>>3482397
She has a golem posture, she's just like me!
>>
>>3468840
The girl in Phantasy Star IV who dies before the story really kicks off, and the revenge seeking woman from Saga Frontier.
>>
>>3468927
I want to cum in her demon arm
>>
Whenever I remember Septerra Core, I spend at least a few times per the next 2-4 weeks thinking how much potential it has for a reboot. All the concepts are so great, it's just the execution that needs to be better.

Right now my internal discussions are stuck with "how to make the cast acceptable to current year era".
I would propose adding 3 new companions, but the question is whether there should be just 1 black character or 2. Maybe 1 black man and 1 black woman. And Grubb would be turned into an Asian. Realistically though, a corporate sponsor would demand Corgan becomes blacked. If I had to make one of them, I would go with Selina, but that might make her being Doskias's sex slave bad optics.
>>
>>3468840
I actually have 2 physical copies of this game for some reason when I bought it back in like 2000 it was in weird game bundle the other game was a anime like mecha game, inside had 3 disc cases, two copies of septerra core and the other was whatever the other game was called.

Never got far in either though, Septerra Core was neat but it never pulled me in as a kid, the sound effects and music were pretty weak and combat was stale, I was also a dumbass kid so I put combat glamor before story and I had shit like FF3 (6) I could play that had way more umph and upbeat music so never gave it a proper chance.
>>
>>3483372
Other game was SHOGO probably
>>
>>3483376
That's it!
>>
>>3482922
It's okay. I know you're hurting, we all are, this war has taken much from us. It's alright to let off a little steam every now and again man, just remember it's going to be okay man the pendulum will swing, you'll see, just hang on dude, just hang on, don't give up.
>>
>>3483382
How did you know I was Armenian?
>>
Shion Uzuki
>>
>>3483398
That's a weird game screenshot
>>
>>3482922
I would add sassy black woman to Shell 4, ex Ankaran soldier black man on Shell 6 (Maya is completely separated from her party after lens ship fight) and a Chosen Soldier who joins during Shell 1 (during the first palace visit/civil war, as a mandatory character).

You get 2 new characters joining you on every even numbered shell, 1 new character on every odd numbered shell. Gunnar is turned black to fill in the diversity quota until you get diversity in your party. Black man can be introduced as a wise magic n-word (trope name) who wanted Gen. Campbell to stop the genocide during Shell 5.
>>
>>3468840
Never played this game before and I'm enjoying it thus far. I had heard of it but it was before my time. Thanks for reminding me it existed, I might never have found it otherwise.
>>
>>3483432
mac gaming is very sad and gay
>>
File: virginia.jpg (776 KB, 868x1223)
776 KB
776 KB JPG
>>
File: Alisa_Landale_by_yume.png (384 KB, 700x1049)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>
>>3484452
She looks like that slutty girl with the sword from 2nd Trails in the Sky game.
>>
>>3487240

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.