[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: heroes.jpg (1.07 MB, 1924x2486)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Seeing as how Eiyuden seems to have left a lot of people unsatisfied, and half the discussion ended up being suikoden focused anyways, why not a proper thread.

Favorite game?
Favorite Castle?
Favorite rune?
Favorite Star of Destiny?

In my order
3, 1, Soul Eater, Chris.
Feel free to continue to talk shit about EC too if you'd like.
>>
File: 46.jpg (53 KB, 500x472)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>2
>Toran
>Soul Eater
>Luc

If there's one thing I want to talk shit about EC, it's that it shows how the death by a thousand cuts makes every element unsatisfactory. The lack of a sense of conflict makes it hard to invest in the story, which then bleeds into the recruits and the joy of having a castle and so forth.
>>
>>3471303
It's not just that, but the presentation in general.
>Nowa almost never shows any emotion and is a non-character
>bad things happen, but there's no reason to ever feel bad because you as the player never lose anything and don't get enough time to connect to the places and characters that get fucked over
>any serious and emotional moment is ruined by quips and silly animations like characters running from enemies like Speedy Gonzales
So far, the best moment was the Nowa vs Seign fight
>>
>>3471309
It's saddening when you consider how memorable the opening scene of Suikoden 2 is.
>B-but no one wants sadness!
Yeah, that's the fucking point. You feel like shit when people get killed in front of you and you see a smoking pile of ashes that used to be a village, that's what makes you want to put a stop to things.
>>
File: s1-5_MCs lineup.jpg (675 KB, 1237x472)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>3471309
>>3471319
To me it's even more surreal because Suikoden MCs were mutes. You'd they would be harder to empathize with, but it's the opposite compared to Nowa.
>>
>>3471342
McDohl had a certain cheeky quality that I liked, I still use 'Somewhere on this earth' to respond to people wanting to know my location.
>>
>>3470948
>Seeing as how Eiyuden seems to have left a lot of people unsatisfied
Haven't gotten around to it, what was wrong with it? Don't sperg out over the trannylation.
>>
File: 87-PSOGL2_330.jpg (113 KB, 640x480)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
Definitely 2 since it basically improved the formula from 1 in every respect, even though it does lose some steam after you-know-who bites the dust.
>Favorite Castle?
Strangely enough the one from 3.I think having a dedicated "castle steward" character paid off.
>Favorite rune?
Double-beat because fuck you.
>Favorite Star of Destiny?
Clive specifically from 2. Too cool for school and absolute TECH monster without any specific investment.
>>
>>3470948
Is S4 REALLY as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>3471351
it's a combination of couple of factors like choosing to have four characters instead of six and annoying overworld ship travel. not to mention it's a prequel set in the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: jowy.jpg (12 KB, 183x275)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
I hate Jowy so much it's unreal.
>>
File: 26.png (202 KB, 447x600)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>3471347
To sum up my observation, it's akin to the creator of Oreo making a new Oreo that is not an Oreo and it looks like an Oreo, it has the pattern of an Oreo, similar packaging with an Oreo, the smell of an Oreo but not the taste of an Oreo. It makes Suikoden fans mad not just because it's not Suikoden but because in attempting to mimic Suikoden rather than meaningfully building off what made Suikoden good all it took were the parts that were easy to copy and so it's a mediocre game even in its own right and an insult to Suikoden.
>>
>>3471347
the story is kinda shite, it doesn't take itself seriously, and the characters are rather flat and boring (and not because of the translation)
>>
Where can you find Suikogaiden, anyway?
>>
File: s2_sasarai-baller.jpg (81 KB, 401x640)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>3471373
man, I remember being bummed out I couldn't recruit sasarai back in the day
>>
File: 37.jpg (106 KB, 500x500)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3471379
>TFW Luc, my favorite is dead
>TFW we'll never know what Sasarai would have done in the future
>TFW we'll never see Hikusaak
Why even live, really?
>>
>>3470948
Sigh.. why is Suikoden so comfy. I've been checking everyday for an update on the remasters..

Favourite game? Probably 2. I love 1, still.
Castle? Torah
Rune? Hard. Maybe Soul Eater.
SoD: Viktor or Clive.
>>
File: S2endbad.jpg (69 KB, 960x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>
>>3471386
Been waiting for it too but mostly because I want to see my friend trying it.

>Castle
The music for Toran Castle is just peak comfy.
>>
>>3471380
Luc is a piece of shit though, what is there to like about him?
>>
File: 4.jpg (37 KB, 466x750)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3471394
I've always liked troubled pieces of shit who have too much on their plate, needless to say Jowy is one of my favorite characters too.
>>
>Wayve exists and is actually cool
>have to play as an ugly token nigger instead
>>
>>3471394
Luc is only an asshole in 3.
>>
File: 70.png (214 KB, 480x640)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
Reading this old interview where Murayama talked about how Suikoden came to be hurts bros...
>>
File: soul.jpg (64 KB, 1488x528)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
How much am I missing out by not playing Suikoden 3?
The emulation felt a bit janky so I gave up in the first 3-4 hours.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62 KB, 960x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>3471444
Problem with 3 is budget clearly wasn't there for the kind of setup they wanted. In practical terms in means all three characters share a lot of the areas until you eventually choose who the MC is. Also, 3's story is kinda inconsequential in a sense it's just a border skirmish with a lot more foreshadowed that never came to materialize. Personally, I don't like how it handles war battles.
>>
>>3471447
I wonder if they should've stuck with the 2D look.
I enjoyed V but the environments are dreadfully ugly.

I guess you get to see more of Harmonia, Luc etc which is kinda neat.
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (125 KB, 616x353)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>3470948
So, what's the holdup? Konami'd again?
>>
>>3471447
Yeah, 3 kinda felt more like a set up game, then we got two prequels.
>>
>>3471459
s5 isn't a prequel tho
>>
>>3471457
does it even matter? The screenshots on the steam page do not look good. Just forget about anything konami, that company is dead
>>
File: suikoden_comparison_3.jpg (667 KB, 3784x1049)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
>>3471613
I can't tell. S1 seems to have been ran through an uprez and HQ filter, but S2 seems to have had more effort put in. For better or worse.
>>
File: 26807.jpg (16 KB, 240x320)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>3470948
>Freyjadour was left out
>>
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
Suikoden II
>Favorite Castle?
Thomas' castle
>Favorite Rune
Rune of Punishment
>Favorite Star of Destiny
Georg Prime
>>
File: v.jpg (74 KB, 570x535)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>3470948
>game
II
>castle
V
>rune
Soul Eater; Blinking; Sun
>star of destiny
Chitatsu; aka Viki.
>>
>>3471309
>but there's no reason to ever feel bad
I dont think a video game story has ever made me feel any strong emotion
>>
>>3471444
Not much, it's a neat game with neat ideas, but it never quite comes together
It's also slow (battles are slower than Eiyuden), and dreadfully ugly.

Music is fantastic, it has some good characters, and the Theater is worth the price of admission alone.
>>
File: chris.jpg (46 KB, 350x350)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>3471444
3 is certainly one of the more interesting games in the series. It can pretty rough around the edges but there's a lot of neat experimentation going on and a pretty ambitious plot that it doesn't quite live up to but has a lot great bits because of it. I'd say it's flawed but very worth playing.

It's actually interesting how they were willing to change up the formula thinking people were probably tired of the routine from 1 and 2 by this point. Ah the world before nostalgia blindness.
>>
>>3471347
Magic is shit. Comparing an Eiyuden Rune of Fire with a Suikoden Rune of Fire, Fireball is like if Flaming Arrows did the same damage as your regular attack, Flame Wall is like if Firestorm only targetted 1 row instead of all enemies, had a significant SPD penalty on use, and did the same damage as your regular attack, and Fire God's Sword eats up a ton of MP to give +6 damage on your target's regular attacks. 6. An additional SINGLE DIGIT worth of damage for a tier 3 spell.
Unites are shit. In Suikoden they would either hit more enemies, or deal more damage to a single enemy. In Eiyuden the majority of them hit 1 single enemy for LESS damage than the two Uniting characters' regular attacks.
Skill runes lack depth. A lot of characters only have 2-space Skill runes, which can only house 1 single type of rune. For example, Sabine has a Skill rune slot that can ONLY be filled with Quick Slash. A Suikoden 1 equivalent would be if Viktor could ONLY use the Clone Rune and not fill the slot with a Counter Rune or Killer Rune or something else.
War battles are unnecessarily long, because there's a log of generic NPCs (kickstarter names) who get killed in battle that has to scroll all the way down before you can make your next choice, so you're waiting for all of the names to finish scrolling.
Minigames are bad. From Beyblade which you literally CANNOT win with your starting tops forcing you to get RNG drops from random enemies to stand a chance, to the worst racing controls in a video game, to the shitty cooking game that you can't lose if you just cook the basic starter recipes.
>>
File: odessa silverberg.gif (28 KB, 206x410)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>3471807
And I could honestly forgive ANY of that if the story at least TRIED to be engaging. But as stated in great detail in the games own thread there's no tension, no drama no sacrifice. There's no cathartic inciting incident for the hero to want to take up the cause. There's even a scene early on where the girl who recruited him to fight and take up the cause looks like she's going to make a big dramatic sacrifice but the game chickens out. The badguy just lets her go. For no reason. He has her there dead to right and he could have taken her prisoner or cut her down right there to give us a reason to hate him and he just lets her walk off without a fuss. The villain isn't a threat. He supposedly kills his emperor but we don't see it. He supposedly turned people into monsters but we don't see that. The game wants us to take all this at face value but there's no real connection or weight to any of it. More to point the game doesn't even explain why the things that are supposedly important are important. The whole war started over him wanting something called a primal lens but I beat the game and I'd be absolutely fucked if I could tell you what it actually did or why it mattered. In suikoden you know what the true runes did.
>>
just finished EC having never played any Suikoden and am incredibly disappointed with everything about the game but the music, but from what I've seen actual Suikoden fans are just as disappointed
I wanted to play the first two when that remaster came out but that was supposed to be last year, guess I'll emulate those instead
>>
>>3471833
And there are so many obvious moments they chicken out of
>Let countess go
>Burn village, only buildings get damaged
>Storm lab and find the 'big bad', all bad things happen offscreend, guy gets arm cut off and gets a bionic one
>Undead take over, we leave and come back
>No kiba moment
>>
File: kiba.jpg (83 KB, 640x480)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>3471858
>>No kiba moment
Ah gee...
>>
>>3471309
>>Nowa almost never shows any emotion and is a non-character
this was such a glaring issue throughout the entire game, I spent the whole game thinking the story would be more interesting if the focus was on Seign, but then they wouldn't be able to do the recruitment gimmick
>>
File: Tirmcdohl01.gif (35 KB, 398x404)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>>3471865
>but then they wouldn't be able to do the recruitment gimmick
I don't see why they couldn't. In fact it might make it all the more interesting that a former empire soldier had to be the one to win over the people of the kingdom he left his home to defend. McDhohl was just as much a general kid as Seign was and he had no problem. If it's a matter of the uniform just give him a new outfit once the ball gets rolling.
>>
>>3471457
Y'know it would have been a hell of mastermind move to pretend they were going to release this earlier to make the Eiyuu developers rush.
Because the Eiyuu shitters could have been like "fuck we need to stop dicking around and release this near the Remasters for the free advertisement!"
Which might have turned to(or been from the start): "FUCK! We've been dicking around with this money doing absolutely nothing and this turd Murayama gave us can't even hold up to s4! We need to get this out before those remasters so the fans don't say to buy those instead of Eiyuu!"
>>
>>3471893
they didn't even need to
you can feel the budget running out in EC around the point where the army invades your city, everything from that point on is rushed and awkward, instead of slow and awkward like the rest of the game
>>
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
>Favorite Castle?
>Favorite rune?
Blinking
Miakis

>>3471367
I appreciate what they were going for with Jowy, but it really could have been pulled off better.
>>
File: Jowy is an asshole.jpg (77 KB, 640x480)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>3471901
>but it really could have been pulled off better.
I think they did it well enough for a PS1 game. A bit more incite into his mind later in the game and development with Jillia might have been appreciated but it was hardly necessary.
>>
>>3471911
The biggest issue are the fucking endings. The fuck would I want to forgive that traitor bastard lmao.
>>
>>3472030
I mean you can still choose any of the other endings you want. Personally while I do like the character I'm rather fond of the ending where he dies.
>>
>>3472047
What's to like about him? Dude's a bastard.
>>
>>3471849
The remaster is supposed to be out this year, allegedly.
>>
>>3472108
It was supposed to be out this week I thought.
>>
>>3470948
>2
>5
>either Soul Eater or Tactics Rune of Punishment
>fuck, there's a lot. Georg, Geddoe, Pesmerga, Jeanne, Viki, Zerase, Ridley, Killey, Viktor, Flik, and Hai Yo are the ones I can name right now.
>>
>>3472108
>>3472133
they announced it in 2022 for a 2023 release, then in 23 they said it was delayed to just some time beyond then, no other specifics were given
>>
The worst part is a few changes could have made the story at least passable.
>village gets burned to the ground
Nothing of value even uses it. One Beyblade trainer and a few recipes.
>Perry gets imprisoned, you rescue her near the end of the game, she's found dead if you don't have every hero
And since Nowa is a nothing character, make him actually surrender himself to the Dux when they're corned. He's executed and Seign becomes the MC.
>>
>>3472179
Perry needed to not be let go by the Duck when he took over her town at the start. She didn't have to be Odessa'd, but at the very least put her in prison and make it so Nowa, or even better Seign, had to set her free.
Also the fact that you could walk right back in and none of the imperial soldiers cared was ridiculous. You try to walk into Gregminster in S1 and you get chased out immediately. Make use of the dual MC mechanic, and have it so you NEED to play as Seign to return to Euchrisse.
>>
>>3471612
It's set before 1, 2 and 3.
>>
>>3472207
>Also the fact that you could walk right back in and none of the imperial soldiers cared was ridiculous
that took all the tension of the losses away, and made recovering the cities late in the game not satisfying at all
>>
I have to give some credit to the dub, Dux has an excellent VA.
>>
File: s3 heroes.jpg (1.65 MB, 2517x3200)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>3472207
>Make use of the dual MC mechanic, and have it so you NEED to play as Seign to return to Euchrisse.
At least commit to the idea. At first I thought they were actually gonna be a bit clever and have Carrie teleport people around for more covert ops and stuff. Like Seigns crew would be at your barracks relaying what they learned and going on their own missions up there but they you get ONE mission for him and that's it the whole game. If you're not gonna commit to the idea then don't do it. Yaelu's people felt like they could have been some cool mysterious lost tribe that knew shit about lenses and magic but nothing. Like remember in Suikoden 3 when Chris went to that one hidden village and there was a big to do about the seal on the water rune and it was a major character moment for her? In addition to having no real weight or stakes to the battle the came has no moments of awe either. 3's multi hero system was far from perfect but it at least made it so each protagonist felt like they mattered and were doing stuff.
>>
>>3472289
I can't say in retrospect I enjoyed switching between the 3 from a gameplay perspective. But narratively it was pretty great. And because of the pace they force onto you it doesn't feel like a disruption in flow of "the main character" and instead shifting between characters of different shows who share the same universe.

Like watching both Hercules and Xena (goodness I'm hold) or something like that. And man getting the fucking true runes was so damn cool. If you could avoid the drawbacks of blowing yourself up.
>>
>>3472299
It could be a bit weird depending on what order you chose to go through them. But it was a neat idea. Honestly out of all the main games 3 was probably the hardest I ever had to pick out my final party because it does do a good job of making each of the groups interesting.
>>
>>3472299
>because of the pace they force onto you it doesn't feel like a disruption in flow of "the main character"
this is one of the biggest problems with how EC handles it. Every time you swap to Seign or Marisa it feels like a tedious chore with an almost entirely preset party
>>
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
Suikoden 1. It is a tight war story told in 15 hours with lots of major character deaths. When I beat the game and the epilogue rolled with the somber music playing, it felt like the end of a bittersweet war. S2 gets upheld as a masterpiece but I found it to be a 40 hour long game that outstayed its welcome and only had a couple major deaths, and didn't feel like a heavy war story.
>Favorite Castle?
Toran Castle. It really felt like you were rebels hiding out in caves fighting against an overwhelmingly powerful empire. I also liked the gimmick of Ceras Lake Castle being flooded and lowering the water level, and it generally being scenic with all of the water.

While the big medieval castle of S2 is cool, I personally feel that getting a big castle right off the bat undermines the underdog feel of Suikoden, especially in Eiyuden where you get a humongous citadel immediately. I think I would have preferred getting a small, humble castle like Budehuc and then gradually building up mighty walls in the late game.

>Favorite rune?
The Soul Eater Rune was the coolest, and also had the unique gimmick of absorbing people's souls, justifying the appearance of the ghosts of your father and friends at the end. I also liked the build up to the True Rune of Fire in S3, but was disappointing to actually wield it since I picked Chris to become the new Firebringer, and she is better off attacking with her sword than using the big damn rune of the game.
Futch.

1/2
>>
>>3471807
to be fair all damage output can be easily fixed with a balancing pass. I think they specifically wanted unites to NOT be your go-to the way they were in suikoden. I'd rather take one character getting unbalanced vs shit damage output, though.
>>
File: suikogaiden-1-2.jpg (60 KB, 549x308)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3471901
>I appreciate what they were going for with Jowy, but it really could have been pulled off better.
A lot of the stuff we didn't see about Jowy is featured in Suikogaiden.
>>
>>3472322
2/2

>>3471347
I am playing on hard difficulty but the combat is very easy. I have never been in danger of wiping or a game over. I have only had three KOs thus far and then I immediately rezzed my downed party members. Plot wise there is little tension. No one has died yet, no towns have been wiped off of the face of the earth, etc. Contrast that with S1 or even S2 where bad stuff was happening that I wanted to stop and I felt compelled to take down the villains, and I wanted to find out what would happen next.

>>3471351
If there is any consolation, it's that S4 isn't as bad as Eiyuden Chronicle. At least there are people dying left and right from the getgo, and the sailing theme is unique.
>>
>>3472325
A MAJOR balance pass is needed.
Unites SHOULD be powerful. Not only do they take up 2+ characters turns to use, they also now consume SP from each participant to be able to use instead of just lolMaster/PupilAttack each round for free because you put Kai in your party. Having ANY of your Unite characters get stunned/ko'd/petrified/slept will cancel the Unite outright, and it either averages their SPD or has a negative SPD modifier since Falward goes from acting first to acting late when using the Fran Unite.
Magic needs to get buffed, because magic runes are absolute dogshit worthless for anything other than healing/utility, and magical weapons need to be nerfed because your mages with 450 MAG and 200 PWR should not be autoattacking for MORE DAMAGE THAN YOUR FRONTLINERS. Mages should wipe the floor with encounters by casting spells and have a weak, but free, option when they want to conserve MP via their basic attack. You shouldn't be spending 15, 60, 100 MP to do LESS DAMAGE THAN A REGULAR ATTACK.
>>
>>3470948
I have the fondest memories of the castle from 2. Used to love visiting and seeing my new recruits hanging out all over the premises and checking in to see what they were up to. Favorite rune is probably double beat because it kicks ass. For Star of destiny I’m gonna go with Clive.
>>
>>3472478
>Favorite rune is probably double beat because it kicks ass.

And you can get them early. Man, EC needed more fun runes like that. Like so many characters would be so much more usable earlier if you could kit them out like that instead
>Unused AP gives you 2% more attack power
Great so after FIVE turns and not using my skills I get a whopping 10 percent extra kick to my already shit score.
>>
>>3471858
How disappointing.
>>
>>3472487
It really is a shame how boring the runes are for the majority of the game. And even at the end when you get path/pinacle they're still boring, being merely stat sticks as opposed to anything that opens up or enables different strategy or anything resembling mechanical depth, that said
>>3472322
>since I picked Chris to become the new Firebringer
Blasphemous
>>
File: fresh-cat_face.jpg (196 KB, 432x444)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>3471349
>>3472478
>double beat chads
>>
>>3472331
You really have to wonder how fucked Eiyuden is that people can say S4 is better than it.
>>
>>3472613
Eiyuden is far less of a chore to play, but that is down to QoL.
They both have wasted story potential, but 4 benefits from established suikoden world and Rune of Punishment is one of the strongest True Rune plot hooks in the game (even if it's not realized fully)
>>
>>3472618
I'm impressed with the Rune of Punishment and Sun Rune, honestly.
>>
File: 1702917294259913.png (3.16 MB, 1920x1080)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
Leene could get raped at this point and it would immediately make the story better
>>
Rune-Lenses are such a faceless garbage concept compared to True Runes i'm genuinely amazed they went with it.
>>
Eiyuden Chronicals was ok, but nothing amazing. I'd say a 6.5/10 except for the forced minigame parts which were like a 3/10.
If I were to rank it among the Suikoden games it would be 2, 5, 1, Eiyuden, 3 and then 4.

Main problems were Nowa having no real character or reason to be the protag. The bridge duel was the only part he showed any character (which was also the best scene in the game to be fair).
Balance was absolutely awful but this could at least be fixed with patches.
Also the last section of the game felt really rushed. Like you lose 1 war battle and after that everything is rushed, you go to two dungeons without physical locations in the world, you literally just get teleported to them, every other issue is resolved without any input from the player and there is a lot of shit like characters and new runes you get at the very, very end of the game too and have no opportunity to even use (you get the 3rd tier earth rune from the 2nd to last boss in the game, and unless you backtrack out of the dungeon you wont even have the opportunity to use it).
The translation is also bad a lot of the time. Not just the woke stuff, but some of the changes exist just because. The one I remember is when Ivy in a voiced line says she is using her "kohai punch", it's translated as "fist of destruction". Small changes like this really remove a lot of personality from the characters for no reason at all.

Also Konami needs to hurry and release the Suikoden 1/2 remakes. I remember playing a leaked version of them in 2022 (only tried them out, didn't finish) and they worked just fine. No idea why it'd take them this long to release them unless they're making more significant changes than initially planned.
>>
File: 133434334443.png (19 KB, 1504x846)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>Eiyuden's cook-offs
I don't remember the cook-offs in Suikoden 2 being so easy.

>>3470948
>Game
II
>Castle
V
>Favourite rune / true rune
Killer rune in V / Rune of Punishment
>Favourite SoD / Favourite cast
Killey is my absolute favourite although there's tons of characters I like throughout the main series (that is not counting Tierkreis or the PSP one). I've yet to do the Gaiden ones and finish Tactics, although I've being told that doing Tactics immensely improve on IV's experience (funnily enough I had enough fun on IV being being the weakest of the main ones). Favourite cast is II.
>>
>>3472691

The cook offs in Eiyuden are bugged. Every meal is scored as if it's an appetizer so you can win just by using 3 appetizers. All of the eggs count as appetizers.
>>
Are there any other jrpgs that have at least 6 niggas in a row and aren't Eiyuden/Suikoden?
>>
>>3472698
Star Ocean 5? Exit Fate?
>>
>>3472785
>Exit Fate
I can't believe the dude who made this never tried to sell an enhanced version with good character art and a new soundtrack.
>>
>>3472908
It came out in 2009. By the time indie RPG fad caught on who knows where he was in his life.
>>
>>3472694
They're still bugged despite the 1.04 patch? Damn, I was trying to power through all of the challenges and found it odd that I kept winning with Miso Soup, Omelet, and a Fried Egg.
>>
File: 8d0w6b3c7vf61.jpg (94 KB, 1103x828)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>3472694
>>3473479
How in the fuck? Did no one playtest that shit?
>>
>>3473479
Consider it a blessing, playing the game is beyond annoying so having an easy win is a godsend. I have zero intention of ever looking at the game again but godspeed to whomever has to play the correct way in the future.
>>
>>3472346
Magic needs buffs, but the combo damage formula is probably bugged. It's written so that the damage is multiplied by whatever amount, which would make them more damaging and worth using, but then divided by the number of participants. Which makes me think they wrote the formula wrong because there's no way 8t should work like that. A 6 member all MC fucking combo will do less than just 1 basic attack like this.
>>
>>3472676
I honestly think the game just landed budget. That's why some things feel short or a bit undeveloped. That said, I fucking love Eiyuden. It isn't perfect, it needs some patches to unfuck the combo damage and buff magic, but it felt like an honest attempt.

It's the closest we will ever get to another Suikoden, and I'll take an imperfect game with some heart of whatever Konami would do to rape Suikoden's corpse. Look at Silent Hill, it's better Konaki just forgets Suikoden ever existed once the remasters are out.

All I want is a 3+5 bundle after 1+2. They can skip 4.
>>
>>3473558
>landed budget
Lacked budget, I mean. You can tell they tried with what they had, the sprites are gorgeous and the locations look nice. Bigger vision than their money allowed, though.
>>
>>3473558
>but it felt like an honest attempt.
Perhaps, but you can tell that neither passion nor love went into the game.
Most characters feel one note and based on a single quirky attribute or just feel devoid of any personality altogether, like Nowa.
Dungeons are poorly thought out and are hallway simulators where you backtrack constantly since you go left towards a dead end for loot and back again, so you can go right to progress. I'm aware that this has been done in older games, but there's no reason to iterate such shitty design in a 2024 game. Same with random encounters.
The puzzles feel more like a nuisance than something that requires thinking.
Then there's backer shit everywhere polluting the game and breaking the immersion, like the faggot in the green shirt that sticks out like a sore thumb; war is an important theme in Suikoden and supposedly in Eiyuden now, but why should I take these shitty war mini games seriously when I constantly have to read something like "Cum Slurper died in battle"?
This also brings me to the fact that the devs/writers were too scared to actually make the player feel bad by presenting death, loss, rape, etc. The sequence of your "home village" being razed felt forced because it came out of nowhere and you as a player barely have any connection to it or its people since you only spend like 2 minutes there at most.
Even Nowa himself is more confused than upset about the fact. Plus, everyone somehow made it out alive anyway, so all of this really felt inconsequential.
>>
>Mandie, the announcer character, has negative scores for narrating every play
>But he doesn't just have negative scores for narrating, he has negative scores for EVERY ROLE
>The fucking beyblade doctor is a better narrator than Mandie is despite talking about fucking beyblades when the play doesn't have any fucking beyblades
>There are only 4 characters that are objectively worse than Mandie; the literal fucking griffin, the literal fucking dragon, Falward who despises the theatre for some reason, and the retarded shouting child
Fuck you game, I'm going to get S rank in every play with Mandie narrating.
>>
>>3473574
Nah, you can clearly see the passion and love. You don't design all those detailed ass sprites and voice act for like 120 characters for every tiny scene just in case the player brings one of them.
>>
>Black Dragon Syndicate, the ultimate cook mafia
>All but two contests they average 20-22.
> I only got over 40 twice
Sjit's fucked
>>
>>3473584
No you can't. Because all of that shit is surface level. If this is passion and love then some kid writing and drawing YourName The Hedgehog during study hall is love and passion. There is zero thought or attention put into any of this.
>>
>Have to fight 4 bosses in a row with no healing after Seign's laboratory raid
Barely managed to win that encounter by having Seign being the last survivor and managed to fire off the cannon.
What the fuck were they thinking? Feels like it would be very easy for this part to be a soft lock for some people.
As far as I know you can't go back to town to heal or restock on items after you arrive at the dungeon.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>3473644
Weird thing to copy from S3, but I like it.
>>
>>3473644
It'd be very hard if it weren't also very easy. Even with half of your team being useless dead weights if you stocked up on items or upgraded everybodies weapons you tank and spank your way through.
>>
>>3473649
Yeah, but if you didn't have enough healing items you'd be stuck.
I ran out of healing items during that boss rush and only barely managed to win.
>>
>>3473650
Oh. No yeah I see your point. In regards to designs it's not a very good one. The boss rush is fine, it's the fact that you're stuck yet still allowed to save there which is the issue.
>>
File: 1699996126618998.jpg (124 KB, 322x759)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>3471631
Probably drawn before SV existed.
Seeing him in his adult version in that poster would've been cool
>>
File: s3 manga 2.jpg (102 KB, 673x1000)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>3473659
Lazlo's absent too. That piece was made quite specifically for S3.
>>
File: lewd.gif (495 KB, 500x200)
495 KB
495 KB GIF
>>3473659
>>
Kind of lame that Nowa is pretty much just a regular guy and not a chosen one that gets a special lens like how it usually is for Suikoden protagonists.
>>
>>3473677
I don't mind he him not having a special rune so much as him not having a special purpose. He's just a nice guy. That's well and good but it's not like he's especially qualified to lead or charismatic. I mean let's consider for a moment, Captain America. Now yes he does have peak human performance from super soldier serum so it's not like he's NORMAL normal, but when you're on a team with giants, gods, monsters, guys in mech suits and anything else you can think of and you're still the one everyone looks too? Charisma. Cap can motivate people like nobody else. He's a living inspiration to always try to be the best us we can be. Nowa is not Captain America. He's a decently skilled fighter but he lacks that inspiration. The game wants us to believe he's special but he's not. He mostly just stands around and in typical bland anime hero fashion just reacts to whatever everyone tells him, gets told he's special just because and he's supposed to be the leader because..... he cares the most? But he really doesn't. At least not more so than anyone else.
>>
>>3473680
They could've just written it so that he lost his parents to war and make that his main motivation
>>
>>3473677
Considering how vague and lame primal lenses are, I do not mind.
I wish there was something that got him actually INVESTED beyond 'hee hee, meddling cause I am kind".
Have a grudge, have someone kidnapped he must rescue, witness actual atrocities so he must put a stop to it, something.

He is more determiend to stop Crush from destroing beigomas than he is to stop Aldric
>>
>>3473680
>He mostly just stands around and in typical bland anime hero fashion just reacts to whatever everyone tells him, gets told he's special just because and he's supposed to be the leader because..... he cares the most? But he really doesn't. At least not more so than anyone else.
That's just it, he's not special, no one tells him he's special (at least from where I am currently in the story), he's just the perfect rebellion figure head because he's a commoner who had his village destroyed (except not really), making him the perfect underdog leader for people in similar situation to rally behind, the noble lady who handed over her army said as much.
... Except by the time Seign joined the rebellion, he would actually be a better rebellion figure head since he's a nobleman from the enemy side who betrayed his nation because it doesn't align with his sense of justice, also he even has a reason to fight against the current regime because he suspects the king was assassinated so he can also make people on the enemy side join his cause.
>>
File: Taylor01_webp.png (99 KB, 143x418)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
You know what was actually kind of neat? In 3, 4 and 5 you could recruit a reporter who would write an ongoing newspaper covering the vents of the games. It didn't really add anything beyond some fun fluff, but it had some personality.
>>
>>3473725
Wait, is that missing from this game? I loved reading those newspapers.
>>
File: chris ad.jpg (184 KB, 913x1200)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>3473727
Unless I'm missing something, none of the recruits wanted to run a paper to my knowledge.
>>
File: hugo ad.jpg (380 KB, 1200x1600)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
These print ads were kind of neat. Each of the main three heroes got one. You can't really say Konami wasn't promoting this one.
>>
Why is Pastole randomly speaking Italian
>>
File: geddoe ad.jpg (200 KB, 900x1200)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Geddoe's is perhaps the most interesting given what happens in the actual game, but they're not really gonna out and spoil things I suppose. Interesting that each of the main heroes did represent one of the major factions.
>>
>>3473584
all that effort goes in to extra characters saying one line during a scene that no one reacts to, and the plot just moves along
it amounts to nothing, its the illusion of soul
>>3473686
its fucking baffling how much more the story would feel complete if Perrielle got captured/killed early instead of being allowed to leave so the boss can be smug
>>
>>3473730
because he really fucking wishes he was Sylvando from DQXI, who was spanish
>>
>>3473640
I'm sorry you're so retarded you can't see the effort it takes to do lines for 100+ characters for every cutscene.
>>
>>3474018
You're being disingenuous since not every character says something during every cut scene and you don't need to account for those the player hasn't recruited yet at the time.
Then there's also characters you can recruit, but not put on your party which you can discount as well.
>>
>>3474036
Even if so, do those characters say anything interesting? Does it affect anything in anyway other than dipshit and butmunch saying "wowewowwow" outloud instead of it being a text reaction?
I do like the idea of side unique convos after scenes, because like bath scenes it's extra content to see the characters interact.
But if it isn't well written or interesting, who gives a shit?
Shit-eaters like the guy you're talking to, who probably was watching vtubers and anime while playing the game and thought it was good because it never offended him while he was barely paying attention.
>>
>>3474045
Interjections that are not 'one liners this specific character would say' are pretty rare.
I do appreciate their existence for making any party member feel less liek baggage and having an occasional standout line (Reyna going chuuni about how beigoma plays become one with their top like she becomes with her sword is fun), but such details are cherry on top.

If the characters involved in 80% are not interesting, the whole thing sinks.
>>
>>3474036
>you don't need to account for those the player hasn't recruited yet at the time.
You actually do, because of NG+ where you can have every lategame character in your party from the beginning and all of them will react to earlygame shit.
>>
>>3474054
You're really overestimating the amount off effort it takes to do their jobs. Even Suikoden 4 did the same thing. It's not a labor of love to have a single sentence per character that is so much hot air.
>>
File: cham of injustice.png (475 KB, 1600x1145)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>3472078
kid did shit to save himself and the loli. he almost a SHERO.
>>
>>3474054
*some of them react to early game shit
It's neat that they actually do react at all but there's barely any barks and even less reactivity. Characters in groups basically say nothing to each other, characters like Elektra are VERY quiet, characters like Nil and Viesskin who nearly said anything outside of major events at the point that you recruited them before the cycle, continue that tradition.

There's another thing that chaffes my ass like how characters in groups don't have barks to each other when they DO say their one-lined zinger. Yume, Falward, Leon, and Faye I don't recall EVER talking to each other despite having a literal hero combo. Whilst the Rising team have virtually (or literally) no barks between them past the quest and there's no reason for that to be that way. The MC is a dragon whisper Chandra's model doesn't even show up in cutscenes. It can't be a size thing, Yume is sure there. Ridiculous.

I'm sure the art and sound and character planners surely gave it their all and were pressed for time. But shit made it through anyways which is why shit like Garoo's reversed side changes which side of his face the eyepatch is on. This shit and more are the things that were caught 4 generations of consoles ago. And NG+ is where I get really fucking steamed because you'd at least thing the late recruited characters wouldn't be subject to the same slapdash braindead scaling that nearly the entire cast suffer from, and you'd be fucking wrong.

And while it's beyond the scope of the game whoever translated the cooking quest shouldn't work in the industry anymore whilst whoever did the jargon for the sharks had one job that IS there job which is to at the very least accurately display the pirate-esque nomenclature using a wide berth of phrases, slang, terms, and nautical terms and they couldn't even get that right so why the fuck did they bother at all?
>>
>>3474086
They do have lines when you add or remove them from the team while the other character is present. Some beyond combos, like Galwald warning Yusuke
>>
So they released another update for Eiyuden:

>Fixed the bug where the game would become unplayable when changing controlled characters
>Fixed the issue with the Rune Shop when there's only one party member
>>
>>3474414
I have little faith that they'll actually fix the dumbfuck localization, but at least I hope that they do balance the game somewhat. Mages have always been my favourite in Suikoden, but I was disappointed to find that mages kind of fucking suck and apparently never get better until like the last 5% of the game.
I'm only like 9 hours in. I can wait for the game to be unfucked since my motivation to play it isn't particularly high. Not unless the game will stay forever fucked. In which case, I guess I'll get around to begrudgingly completing it. But I'm in no rush.
>>
>>3474473
Whenever there's VA involved you can take it for granted there will be ZERO script alterations.
>>
>>3474473
I'd rather they fixed the graphical issues when in the overworld near Hishanh or whatever. Maybe soon?
>>
>>3473685
Killing off his sister would've given him some personal stakes in the conflict. But no, they couldn't even grant him that basic anime motivation.

>>3474476
Play in JP audio, or mute audio for the authentic old school JRPG experience they're so desperately trying to capture. Problem fixed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7Fp8exy3Y

One thing I can give S4 over the others is it has the sexiest soundtrack. La Mer is fucking amazing.

Also, why the fuck doesn't Eiyuden have an opening? It doesn't need to be full blown high budget anime like 3 had, but 1,2,4 and 5 still had openings only using in-game renders or art that still really set the tone of the adventure you're about to embark on.
>>
>>3473659
>He grew up to look like Ferid
>Inherited Ferid's gigachad big dick energy
>Acquired Arshtat's sex pretty person genes
Man, if he went around his kingdom saving adventure looking like that, he probably would've had a much easier time simply due to the fact that women would've kept flinging themselves at him.
>>
>>3474018
It's a shit game
>>
>>
>>3473574
>Same with random encounters.
i like random encounters
>>
>>3474529
I don't mind them but *KSSSSSH* it gets anno *KSSSSSSSSH* when you're trying to make any *KSSSSH* amount *KSSSSH* of *KSSSSH* progress. The library in the finale dungeon was especially aggravating. Even with the ring that reduces them.
>>
What was the saddest moment in Suikoden for you guys?
>>
>>3474538
Gremio's death hit pretty hard. I'd also like to say Lyon's potential death is pretty depressing but that's also a bad ending, Ferid and Arshtat stand out though.
>>
>>3474546
Arshtat's and Ferid's deaths were surprisingly well-done. Gremio's death is hard to handle for sure but I think a lot about Mathiu's death these days because he never wanted to be dragged into war and paid the same price as Odessa.
>>
>>3474480
Eh, Suikoden was dubbed in English when I played it anyway.
>>
>>3474534
I don't know. EC has real fucking low encounter rate. Given the Suikoden leveling scheme I think something like that should've been the chosen approach even back then. Replaying S1 and S2 after EC might be hell in that department.
>>
The game has a fuckton of issues as covered above.
And I do not think I will be able to finish it.

Largely because I have so much fun with the theater plays. They knew they had a bunch of VAs at call, they knew that 5-6 extra lines would not add too much cost at this point, so they went ham.

I feel more fulfilled having all recruits because of this than anything that happened in the main plot. Which is sad.
>>
>>3474568
The problem is that after a certain point the XP curve gets all kinds of fucked. You'll fly to level 40 or so but then you'll somehow be over leveled as a matter of simply playing the game normally and enemies start given out pocket change.
>>
why is eiyuden so bad?
>>
>>3474915
Cause you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>3472327
Why couldn't Jowy be a hot woman in that shot instead? Jowy looks way too feminine in that shot for some reason.
>>
>>3473725
>>3473727
I never even thought about that till you mentioned it. Yeah, it really is weird that there's no newspaper in this game.
>>
>>3474482
It does have an opening anon. It's also not a high budget anime but it exists when you boot up the game. Not inspiring or anything and does use in-game sprites and all but then again, so were S4 and S5 anyway where they use the in-game 3d models. Also yes, La Mer is fucking amazing. It's the one thing I like about S4.
>>
>>3474915
Because everything on kikestarter is a scam and Western retards keep falling for it every day.
>>
That Suikoden III intro is insane.
So much soul, emotion and spirit in one intro scene. You don't even need the context of the game to appreciate it.

Woof.
>>
>>3475120
>The story never ends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5JnlNtx_mM
>>
>>3475124
What hurts is, I've never properly played this game. But I can feel how cool it is just through the intro. Was never released in the UK, unfortunately.
>>
File: suikoden3_1.png (657 KB, 1280x720)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
>>3475132
Shame. You should check it out via emulation or something though. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>3475135
I'm under the impression some fans are making a HD version.
>>
>>3475161
News to me. Looks like it was some AI deal.
>>
>>3475120
It's honestly the best part of 3. The game itself is not very good, just a clunky mess with plenty of soul. Part of me loves it, but part of me is annoyed by everything when playing it.

Do emulate and see how you enjoy it, don't bother waiting for hypothetical remakes.
>>
uninstalled eiyuden 20 minutes in
>>
>>3475120
Meh, I never got the hype for S3s intro, song is great, but the actual animation is a jumbled mess of rotoscoped action scenes, primitive CGI, lots and lots of shots of characters standing around looking at things dramatically, and Hugo randomly fighting Hallec.

Suikoden IV still has the best intro of the series. (granted it's entirely carried by La Mer, but still)
>>
File: S2G_Georg.jpg (99 KB, 635x508)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>3475120
Have you seen Gaiden OPs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HwoIekBxzQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltxk5HH3Wts

Interesting they put so much effort into VN spin-offs.
>>
>>3475439
I think Suikoden 3's OP stirs up people's imaginations for what the game might have been liked had Murayama not left Konami and Suikoden 3 had been finished as he envisioned. It has a 40 hour long prologue that builds up so much hype, and then you get the castle and the game ends 10 hours later.
>>
File: Suikogaiden 15.jpg (74 KB, 640x480)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>3475462
it's funny because unless you've played those two you have no idea who nash is beyond just being an op character. if you have you know he's basically batman and james bond rolled into one, plus married to the best girl. japanese audience sure had a different impression of him.
>>
File: flame c.jpg (186 KB, 488x640)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>3475464
3's intro sort of has an almost timeless quality I'd say even if it does have some dated effects. it's basically made to appeal to people's, not just imagination, but sense of fantasy and wonder in general.

>>3475351
>>3475464
3 is a very interesting game. In a lot of ways it's more traditional adventure focused than the others grander war focus. Not that it ignore the war but it's probably the game in the series most interested in exploring the past, the history and mythological side of things. You're unraveling the mystery of who's stirring the flames of war while discovering how it all tied back to a previous one. It's neat.
>>
>>3475467
3 was cool in that way, yeah. We'd probably have seen it in a much different light if 4 and 5 had advanced on what we learned from it.
>>
>>3475462
Wow, thank you for sharing these. After decades I’m finding new Suikoden content. Loved hearing the music from S2 in those videos
>>
I wish Lum was real
>>
File: 1699429751709876.jpg (107 KB, 395x900)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
my wife and my wife's boyfriend
>>
File: Suikoden Card Stories.jpg (73 KB, 480x320)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>3475851
If you liked Suikoden 2 check out the car game on GBA. Suikoden Card Stories is a bizarre almost re-telling with some odd bits changed here and there you'll recognize if you played the original game.
>>
>>3475954
Eilie was better for Riou.
>>
File: Riou_Eilie.jpg (97 KB, 580x350)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>3475984
She was cute. Her sister was a total hoe.
>>
>best bros Tai Ho and Yam Koo died after the events of Suikoden 2
Feels bad man
>>
>>3475956
>Suikoden Card Stories
aight
>>
File: 1693152965806500.jpg (37 KB, 197x410)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3475984
>>3476223
That whore expends most of her time in the castle along with this ugly bastard. Nanami is pure and loyal and literally gives her life for Riou
>>
File: aroooo.jpg (170 KB, 1133x665)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG47GoXvg-U
>>
>>3476714
What???? I don't remember this!
>>
>>3471367
My husbando
>>
>>3470948
What's wrong with Eiyuden? I thought it looked really promising.
>>
>>3477232
It's boring. Too easy even on hard, 10 hours in and no one has died and no villages have been wiped off the face of the earth so I don't want to turn the page and find out what happens next. Gave up after 11 hours.
>>
>>3477254
I kind of feel like the touch was lost after 3 anyway, did you get to experience any of the base building elements of the game before the 10 hour mark? Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>3477281
At about 10 hours or so, you do get the base, but to see it fully realized, you'd have to play through more of the game.

If you're curious about the feedback, you can check these two threads:

>>3454283
>>3460800
>>
>>3477309
Thanks anon, and apologies it is an off-topic query.

My favorite Suikoden base is still Toran Castle from Suikoden 1. It's a wondrous location and I'm stealing it for my ACKs game because my players cannot into PSX era JRPGs.
>>
>>3477312
No problem, this is a slower board and the game came out about two weeks ago. I think some (or most) Anons have beaten Eiyuden already. As of now, there have been 560 bugs reported, no idea how many have been fixed outside of the Lam recruitment bug and the cooking game (allegedly).
>>
File: fitch.png (230 KB, 489x565)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>>3472785
>exit fate
damn, this game is actually pretty good. The portraits are horrifying though.
>>
>>3477398
It would be playable if it wasn't because it runs at 640x360 and can't be scaled
>>
Eiyuden really speeds up after the Seign segment, it's town/dungeon/town/dungeon after Yarnaan falls, huh?
>>
Was Jowy really that bad a guy?
>>
>>3479284
No. Jowy was good. Jowy remained loyal to his people - even after his parents disowned him based off of lies - while Riou and Nanami betrayed their people and joined the enemy. Jowy purged the corruption from within his country. Jowy was correct to continue the attack, given that Jowston were historically just as aggressive as Highland (see Luca's mother being ambushed and raped) and just as likely to attack Highland in the future, and 2. Highland already had half of Jowston occupied. It was Jowy's responsibility to his dead countrymen to finish what they had started and make their sacrifices mean something and to end the Jowston threat forever.
>>
>>3479287
Damn, if only we could have had this too.
>>
>>3477398
I could never really get past how the first hour or two is mostly slightly tweaked versions of Suikoden II's first couple hours. You literally fight a Mist Monster in the first real dungeon, visit a town that's half South Window, and get to play the North Window Castle dungeon again but this time it's a random dude playing an organ at the end instead of Neclord, among other things. It gets a little less intentionally derivative later on, but it's just so hard for me to move past that initial impression.
>>
>>3479284
He was a complicated man and nobody understood him but his woman.
>>
>>3470948
>2
>2
>True thunder
>Long Chan Chan
>>
>>3470948
Suikoden 1 is the only good game in the franchise. The rest were all bloated and boring, with incredibly stupid writing.
>>
>>3479287
Jowy is a useless retard who did nothing. If it wasn't for Riou and his army Jowy would've kept sucking Luca Blight's cock for his entire life until psychopath burns the entire world just for fun and finally kills him too.
His only excuse is having the black sword rune, so he had no chance but fight Riou whatever it takes.
You don't let an autistic murderer freak to do whatever he wants just for "hurr durr muh country"
>>
File: alanis s3.png (303 KB, 426x564)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>>
>>3480523
Sad that the trio didn't get to grow up and become heroes in a future game.
>>
File: flik.png (1.31 MB, 750x1125)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
I
>Favorite Castle?
II
>Favorite rune?
Bright Shield
pic rel
>>
File: suikodenempirepath.jpg (170 KB, 500x500)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>3479287
>>
>>3480960
Goonies never say die.
>>
>>3480992
Reminds me of those early rumors (well it was on theGIA anyway) about Suikoden II, where it was going to be the first game from the Scarlet Moon Empires POV.
>>
File: Sixgreatgenerals_webp.jpg (267 KB, 604x441)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>3481235
A game about the rise of the Scarlet Moon empire would actually be pretty interesting.
>>
>>3479287
>>3480992
>someone actually made the effort for these
Nice.
>>
>>3481253
From what we get it really sounds like a Suikoden game. Barbarossa as the Tenkai star, other generals (Sonya replaced by her mom) with theirs... I'd play it.

The concept of fighting against a previous Tenkai star because of the changing times feels like it would be a neat concept for a game anyhow. Imagine S4 or 5 being about fighting Riou after he becomes ruler of Jowston. Or an alternate universe where McDohl became an immortal president with a rune that wants to be fed.
>>
How did they manage to fuck the magic up so badly?
Going from 9/9/7/5 casts to just 600 MP is maddening. You can literally cast all day long in classic entries compared to Eiyuden, and with far cooler magic too.
>>
>>3481301
>Imagine S4 or 5 being about fighting Riou after he becomes ruler of Jowston. Or an alternate universe where McDohl became an immortal president with a rune that wants to be fed.

That sounds terrible. Like low quality fanfic trash.
>>
>>3481301
What I'd see happening is a game about the Harmonia Civil war, with foreign countries trying to be opportunistic and pillaging/conquering parts of Harmonia. You as as the Harmonia protagonist would fight not just to overthrow the evil in Harmonia, but also repel these foreign invaders. I could easily see you fighting Riou and Chris/Geddoe.
>>
>>3481301
>alternate universe where McDohl became an immortal president with a rune that wants to be fed.
That sounds dumb.

True Runes are neither good or evil. The way they manifest simply reflects the nature or influence of their current hosts. The whole point of the series is the Tenkai's star's own strength of character and their power of friendship with the 108 stars swaying and guiding the otherwise amoral True Runes into becoming benevolent or at the very least benign forces.
>>
>>3481480
>Tenkai's star's own strength of character and their power of friendship with the 108 stars swaying and guiding the otherwise amoral True Runes into becoming benevolent or at the very least benign forces.
AKA. Leknaat gaslighting people born under the Tenkai star into becoming key figures in historical watershed moments.
But really though, what the fuck was her deal. Sure would've been nice to learn all about that in a Suikoden VI that could've existed.
>>
File: chris horse.png (455 KB, 515x461)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
I forgot the knights get horses.
>>
>Targeted Platforms:

>Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC Game Pass

>Issues resolved:

>1) Fixed an issue in which party members disappear (when the playable character is either Seign or Marisa, party members disappear if the playable character is switched to Nowa and the battle event with Riufan begins).

>2) Fixed an issue where the game soft locks (when the player attempts to switch characters while changing Runes at the Rune Shop with only one battle member in the party).

Latest versions (May 8 8:00JST):

>Xbox: 1.0.34.0
>PC Game Pass: 1.0.34.0

>Update patch for the following platforms will be distributed soon:

>Switch
>>
File: Hanna01.gif (42 KB, 245x410)
42 KB
42 KB GIF
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
2,5,Tierkreis

>Favorite Castle?
2. Level 1 music is max comfy

>Favorite rune?
no particular

2-Hanna, Tierkreis-Diiwica
>>
>>3481540
>Tierkreis
You razzing me?
>>
>>3471833
To your point about the true runes: it really reminds me of my favorite part of the entire series in 3, when they all make it to the flame champions hideout and the old lady tells them about how he lived his life. With the music, it really hit home. I'm playing EC right now and it honestly just makes me want to go back and play the first three. Wasn't much for 4 (I honestly never gave it a fair chance when I was younger), and just never did play 5.
>>
>>3481540
>Tierkreis
I knew there was at least another one of us on this board. I almost lost hope
>>
File: cray.jpg (32 KB, 640x480)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>3481554
If 4 did anything right it was at leas the Rune of Punishment. It was a big deal and it affected a lot of people. It also answered the series long question of what happens when you just chop off your hand. You lose it. It'll fuck off somewhere else. Villain was decently interest on paper too. His son originally had the rune, nuked is enemy and died as you do and it went to him where he at first ditched it but then tried to get it back because he believed it brought him closer to his dead kid.
>>
>>3481549
The MC is annoying but I like it more than 3
2>5>Tierkeis=4>3>1
>>
File: Diiwica.png (117 KB, 262x443)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>3481560
>>3481560
The only game with giant Waifus iirc
>>
File: S4_Snowe.jpg (17 KB, 423x317)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3481561
S4 really had a problem with engaging key characters, though. Maybe the islands setting just didn't resonate with me and ship sailing overworld didn't help.
>>
>>3481672
I actually rather like the Island Nations in and of themselves. S4's issues are that it never really gave you the time to settle or explore. It's kind of just go, go, go.
>>
>>3481672
S4 has some good ideas, but the story after you get the boat is so rushed that Snowe and Troy never really get the change to breathe. You literally just head to each island, and then raid El-Eal and show's over. Some of those visits don't even count as liberations in the traditional Suikoden sense; Na-Nal's story is literally "elves fuck over the humans so Kooluk Bad", and Middleport doesn't even really come over to your side. No wonder people keep harping about sailing or the final boss being a Fucking Tree when there's no real meat.
Snowe's arc still kinda works since him becoming a non-entity that's trying to copy Lazlo and win some sort of acceptance without really having the capacity to lead or understanding why nobody really approves of him despite him earnestly trying kinda fits.
Tactics does flesh out Kooluk's situation more with the Patriarchal Faction but also goes off the rails.
>>
File: snow arrow.jpg (24 KB, 640x480)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>3481695
Yeah, 4 just needed more time to rest. To actually let things sink in. The basic formula is there [go to place, liberate and get them to ally so you can fight the big bad] but it doesn't have quite the character or personality the other games did. (Though it still has more than EC by a landslide.) In any case Snowe's arc still works out pretty okay. His whole shtick was being a nepotism getting promotions for free, cocking it up by being a retard and then learning a lesson of humility after you kick his ass once or twice to where he loses it all and joins your side. And to his credit he did think he was trying to help, he's just you know... an idiot. It was actually somewhat satisfying watching the town turn on him after he and his dad accepted the Kooluk's deal. Which really wasn't a completely wrong move. Logically anyways.

As for Troy? I don't honestly remember what his deal was at all. You meet him like ONCE early one where he kicks your ass and then you fight him at the end and kick his ass and it's sort of a bookend situation but he really needed one or two more chances to square off with out. Maybe one more scene were you get driven off, then another where you manage to tie before the finale where you win. See that's kind of why Snowe still works. The middle stuff is there.
>>
A reminder that by Suikoden 3, True Rune Users are now numerous

>Mcdohl is hanging around Banner Vilage with the Soul Eater Rune.
>Riou and Jowy with the Bright Shield and Black Sword Rune are on a Journey.
>Hugo, Chris and Geddo have the True Fire, Water and Lighting Runes.
>The Beast Rune has gone MIA every since the end of the Highland War.
>The fate of the True Wind Rune is unknown when Luke died.
>Sasarai still has the True Earth Rune but now knows of Harmonia's dark past and him being a clone of Hikusaak.
>Leknaat has the Gate Rune after talking the other half after her sister Windy's death.

The next Suikoden game is clearly going to be all about Rune Fuckery rather with political shit being minor in comparison.

Shame that Suikoden IV-V tossed all those intriguing setups like trash.
>>
>>3481673
>>3481695
>It's kind of just go, go, go.
Yes. However, your HQ is a ship.
>>
File: Milia02.gif (23 KB, 220x235)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
>>3481721
About 18 True Runes are known
Milia has the Dragon Rune at present.
Yuber's Eight Fold is around with him
Sierra's Moon Rune
Star Dragon Sword held by Edge Presently
Lazlo's probably still around because if he gives up the RoP it resents back into asshole mode

There's also the Circle Rune held by Harmonia, Emperor Barbosa's Sovereign rune is MIA, the Sun rune got sealed back up
>>
File: True_Runes_webp.jpg (332 KB, 932x573)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
I wonder how many of the 27 true runes they had planned out in advance and how many they made up as they went. It's a weirdly specific number so I can't help but feel like they had some reason or plan for it but it's also a biggish number when even ONE true rune is kind of a huge deal to make a game around so it does give them some flexibility as they go.
>>
>>3481716
Troy is Kooluk's big war hero or whatever, called the Child of the Sea God. Ultimately he's kind of a figurehead that gets overshadowed by the El-Eal Governor, Cray Trading Company, and their not-nuke.
It's kind of funny how he shows up like he's gonna be this game's rival and then Lazlo never sees him again until the very end and all Troy really has to say is "You're...that guy" because chasing player's party off the boat is literally the extent of their interaction. And then he lets himself die because why not. Hubris? Self-enforced punishment for for failing to stop Cray before he wormed his way into Kooluk and ruined everything with magic nukes? Iunno.
>>
For me it's Oulan with fury rune
>>
Does anyone want a free steam code to EC? I got one belatedly as a backer I got my phyiscal copy 1 day delayed.

Drop me an email @ jammyju@protonmail.com and I can give it to you.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (24 KB, 562x403)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Between the events of S1 & 2, Tir's Soul Eater's Judgement animation went from 4 souls to multiple people.

Does that imply people have died around him since the events of the first game?
>>
>>3481960
Don't need it, but nice spirit of generosity
>>
>>3481802
Yeah, like he could have been the games NOBLE antagonist with the whole moral conflict of duty and his own ethics but he's just... not.
>>
>>3481560
>>3481549
Game, for all its issues, is decently fun and had some interesting ideas. Yet it still does bother me that they made one character a pure RNG if you recruit him or get worthless amount of money when you need all 108 for true end.
>>
>still working through Eiyuden
>feels like the game is moving at a rocket pace once you do the Athrabalt arc

Fuck them for putting you through three separate boss battles, then having you go to the next town to do another boss battle
>>
>>3482276
>Yet it still does bother me that they made one character a pure RNG if you recruit him or get worthless amount of money when you need all 108 for true end.
That's a thing?
When I played through that game it was in a situation where I didn't have internet so I kind of assumed there weren't many missables.
>>
>>3482479
Yup, and it's just 50/50 if he decides to join you or not. Easy join requirements and you can save beforehand, but it's still weird.
>>
>>3482379
Yup, pretty much after the “let’s go waste time with these kids in a ice cave” side quest, the game goes full speed and never stops, shit just happens (mostly off screen) people just join en masse , all the villians die and the credits are rolling.
The game goes from HO SHIT WE’RE FUCKED to HO SHIT DUX IS FUCKED in the span of 10 minutes, it’s rushed beyond belief
>>
>>3482560
I kinda slacked off on recruiting the other characters, think I have about 4-6 characters left. There's that other beigoma dude, the shield lady, Quinn's partner, the trading NPC, and Nowa's sister.
>>
>>3482560
It's bizarre too because that Ice cave was completely pointless. Yeah it showed that the knights are good guys I guess but it adds NOTHING to the plot. Like if it was a mid game dungeon MAYBE it would be less egregious but seriously. That's like pen-pen-ultimate dungeon.
>>
>>3482622
Okay, I'm about to get Momo, but still need to get Reyna, the other rune hunter, and finish beigoma in order to get Leene, then I can get the good ending and then just Youtube the bad one.
>>
>>3482690
It would've been better as a better thing for the early game instead of Empire co-op mission, hunting for bandits, then war stuff, could've been a 2nd or 3rd mission, but oh well.
>>
File: Elektra-JP2024_webp.jpg (1011 KB, 1080x1080)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
>>3482706
I could see it like, you visit their kingdom early get told to fuck off by their king but on your way out get roped into a side quest where you earn the general's favor before you leave with them regretting not being able to help. Then this just is left to stew for a while and you get called to help with the zombie situation where they realize they need to defy their kings order to help you out as a matter of honor at this point. Something like that. This game is in DIRE need of an editor.
>>
>>3481741
Hopefully the remasters (if Konami would ever get off their asses and finish it) along with EC could spark a revival in interest enough for them to finish it off in the span of a few games. Though a feeling gets me that it would seem a little rushed in just two or three games. Plus with Muriyama passing away that has to take from it, even if he was more or less solely involved with EC at that point
>>
>>3482622
Reid is the only one I have left that requires any meaningful work to get. Beigoma is such a slog to work through. Even if you know you're fucked by the third round there's no way to quit the match.
>>
>>3482755
And you can't just play the named characters either. You have to play like 3-4 matches with randos between each boss and it's not like the game really shows who's a player outside the big name guys. This isn't some triple triad shit where everyone on the goddamn planet is seemingly a player and you just need to run up and mash square.
>>
>>3482805
Yeah, they should have either marked every player with a bowl or have a list of players you meet.
>>
>>3482807
I mean say what you want about the cooking battles (they sucked) but at least you didn't need to run around like a retard.
>>
>>3482807
Let's also not forget that you can be beating your opponent by at least half your energy bar and unironically out of nowhere you somehow get smashed for everything and lose. It would be enjoyable if the mechanics of this mini game made absolute sense.
>>
>>3482751
The first reaction is, "Did you not see all of they other shitty attempts, retard?"

But I guess them making a bunch of potential failures that I simply wouldn't play is better than them not trying at all?
Except for the company itself, I guess.
>>
After a lot of warping around and noticing that Athrabalt basically had nothing happen to it after the invasion, I have to wait through a couple of cutscenes and then I'll have my final recruit. Still need to get the rest of the beigomas, though.
>>
>>3483788
Just get the ones from the place where you recruited the cow guy with the giant monster encounters.
>>
Dear god in heavens, fuck the controls in the shi'arcraft racing minigame and whoever designed that. Even Chocobo Racing in FFX WAS NOT this bad.
>Just use the D-Pad instead of the stick
I do and it sucks shit as well.
>>
>>3483862
There is almost no finesse needed, at least. You can break for a couple sharp corners and get first prize easily
>>
File: file.png (1.63 MB, 1280x719)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>3483872
Fucking finally
>>
>>3483874
I honestly didn't have a problem with the race. It's still a shit mini game but I almost found it too easy.
>>
>>3470948
>Favorite game?
>Favorite Castle?
2, great music & pretty nice layout overall
>Favorite rune?
Rune of Punishment
Georg
>>
>>3483882
I mean, who knows if I had a journalist moment for the past hour, but dear God, the controls for that minigame were horrible. The D-Pad controls felt awkward (that is still okay even though putting both acceleration/steering on the D-Pad is still a retarded design choice) while doing a certain manipulation with the analog stick triggers a bug where somehow left/right was reversed. I didn't found out any of this until I did the expert race because the other ones were pretty much straightforward stuff.
>>
>>3483896
All I did was follow the trail of shinies and boost constantly.
>>
>>3483896
Yeah, someone needs to be shot for that. Hell, it wouldn't even be so bad if my game wasn't bugged to where that weird visual effects that happens near Hishahn didn't also take effect here. Due to that, I can't see the track until it's more than too late to change course, so my fastest time so far is 1:27.
>>
>>3483798
I ended up getting those, which made the rest of it trivial, but it's so annoying that you have to duel other people on top of dueling the Spintenels/Crash. I have close to 40 of them, just need to get that annoying one from The Proving Grounds and some others.
>>
>>3471893
>this turd Murayama gave us can't even hold up to s4!
Now, Eiyuuden is not as good as any of the good Suiko games, but let's not go crazy here...
>>
>>3484024
I'll go there. S4 at least cares about what's happening. S4 at least has stakes. S4 does not have LOL LUCKY GIRL!
>>
>>3484341
4 still suffers a lot of the same problems that Eiyuden does.

Lots of meaningless SODs that look like they don't belong to the world that they inhabit, that just join because reasons.
Characters with little to no motivation.
A paper thin plot that mainly happens off screen
Terrible minigames that can go to hell (Although I'll defend mushroom wars until the day I die)

At least Dux Aldric is a SLIGHTLY better antagonist than Cray was.
>>
>>3484505
>At least Dux Aldric is a SLIGHTLY better antagonist than Cray was.

No. Cray was directly tied to the Rune of Punishment. That by default makes him better. You understood his motivations and why what he wants matters. Dux was a joke. He wanted a nebulous power to do ill defined things for a pathetic reason. Cray's motivations, goals and reason he needed to be stopped mattered. Dux may honestly be one of the worst villains I've seen in any game every. He's an inconsistent clod.
>>
>>3484654
The problem is that nothing he does is expounded or shown onscreen. Which ties with how poorly defined the setting is.
If we saw him politically maneuver, see the assassination, how he secures the heir, how Lens users and countries who use them have an extra leg to stand how much his desire to advance no matter the cost was there before mysterious masked woman with plot hooks appeared, it'd be interesting.
But we are told with nothing being shown.
>>
File: ec map.jpg (1.19 MB, 1844x1296)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>3484664
Yeah I feel like a smarter or better written story would have had him realize how behind his own region of the world is and how they're just one enemy nation's whim away from being thrown into an even worse war so he started to try and amass power internally to bolster their own defense. Have the Rune Lens more defined as to why they're powerful and with a great sense of mythology. Like perhaps the one you found was a true rune equivalent which by itself could have kept the rest of the world at bay.

And the world is just so poorly defined. Like here's the world map. In terms of actual geography it's technically bigger than any given Suikoden conflict but it lacks definition and intimacy. The nations in Suikoden all have a sense of history. There's more sense of where the borders are. How region A views region B. Past conflicts and wars. Lines are drawn. You have a far more intimate understand of what Scarlet Moon was, what the beef between Jowston and Highland were with a splash of Matilda. The Zexen/Grassland/Harmonia conflict is well understood and the Sol Falena Queendom's internal power strife is front and center. Even the Island Nations/Kooluk conflict feels more organic.

What even is EC's world? And I don't just mean "THIS IS WHERE THE SHARKS LIVE." What is Perry's Duchy? Why is Not-Asia so conflicted at all? What is any of this? We should be exploring old alliances and rivalries. We don't need a mountain of political intrigue but we could at least get something.
>>
>>3484684
>An elf village somewhere sent you their chief cause his relative is here, hooray
Come the fuck on. Bitch searching for her bald boytoy was a better established presence in 5
>>
File: elrond.jpg (1.67 MB, 1236x1920)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>3484686
That was so dumb. Like he just shows up out of nowhere and we suddenly have elves. It's like a giant sign just screaming *SCENE MISSING.* Like if in Lord of the Rings they just skipped over the Rivendale segment.
>>
>>3484747
The entire Elf thing is like that, like with Alwe suddenly doing this whole AIBOU routine with Nowa, even though they have interacted like…. once.
Marisa’s entire plot line suffers from this especially bad. Hoping the DLC will actually help fill in the gaps (who’s Nil, and what’s her story, why are the elves hanging around forest wakanda, etc), but I doubt it
>>
>>3472698
Unicorn Overlord has multiple squads of 5 niggas in a row.
>>
File: tlr.jpg (253 KB, 1280x720)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>3472698
The Last Remnant lets you command a party of 15 dudes running around in combat, divided up into several squads of (generally) 3-5. But beware, it's secretly a SaGa game.
>>
File: lucia.png (100 KB, 179x479)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
Hugo's hot mom
>>
File: s5-arshtat.jpg (121 KB, 680x1000)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
The princes hot mom
>>
File: Kisara.jpg (28 KB, 335x463)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Lun's hot mom
>>
Finally caught all of the fish in the game. Just need to go ahead and find all of the enemies, treasures, and beigomas now.
>>
>>3485859
Why did Frey suck get all the sex genes from her. Could've spared a couple for Lym. She only got filthy barbarian genes.
>>
>>3485949
Fish is one of the last things I need to 100% this shit (besides finishing card battles and eggfoot breeding); what did you do? Just use the castle fishing spots? Or actually go to the various spots throughout the world?

Used this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3238201005 for treasure chests if you're looking for a good visual guide for it.
>>
>>3485949
>>3486003
Why? Why are you doing any of that? It's not fun. You don't get anything from it. Stop. This is addiction. This is bad. This is a call for help. Let us help you. Go play something else.
>>
>>3486005
Not really sure, just like 100%ing JRPGs.
I platinumed White Knight Chronicles, nothing in this can really phase me.
>>
>>3486003
It was a mix of using the castle spots and actually going to the fishing spots in question - fortunately, there's a decent amount of overlap between sites. The annoying thing was that I would end up catching like four of the same fish in a row. To save time:

>The Seaside Cavern fishing spot is in the Northern half of the map, near some ore
>The Hishahn castle fishing spot is in the top left

What's annoying is that the Wiki doesn't list them in game order, but they do list which ones are catchable per fishing spot. If you catch a fish at one site, you don't need to catch it at another one, like the Drill Turtle, for example.
>>
Also:
>hey, I know that boss in the Proving Grounds was tough, but if you focus on the angel and not the golem, tough shit, you're not getting a bestiary entry
>>
>>3484505
4 also has the map rotate with the camera and there's nothing in the options to disable it.
>>
File: queen v hoe.jpg (125 KB, 1211x637)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
Man I do love how expressive 3's character models are despite being so cabbage patch.
>Bitch
>Skag
>>
I'm attempting another playthrough of S3 after being initially put off by everything about it (especially party members being divided into pairs and you are forced to have the AI in control and rune now cast times.)

1. What are some important advice I should hear to make the game fun?

2. I'm starting off as Hugo and I'm going to finish his route before I tackle Chris and Geddo. Is there a chronological order regarding to which route you choose and hoe it effects the game?
>>
>>3487024
Gamefaqs has a FAQ that lists the differences when you go in certain orders, when doing something as one character will show up or cause an difference in another characters chapter, and the recommended order...

I liked Thomas a lot so I vaguely remember doing his stuff back to back ASAP while doing only 1 chapter of each other character in a round robin fashion because you get to see the different perspective of events and the effect your choices/their choices can have on each other immediately if you take turns with them.
>>
>>3487024
Oh and as far as fun, if you don't like the character interactions and dialog, go fuck yourself.

I guess it can be fun to beat the mini side bosses on certain maps at a low level?
If you actually care about any type of challenge.
Beating those gives treasures to buy gear and a lot of skill points to build your characters, which is vaguely interesting if you're into character building.
Of course that can remove the "challenge" of the main game which isn't really there anyway.
>>
>>3487024
Pair up Hugo with the griffin and enjoy doing shit loads of damage by having Hugo mount Fubar and give the healing items to said griffin so Hugo can do all the work.
>>
>>3486934
Yeah, characters just had simple models. It doesn't mean they didn't bother making them expressive.
>>
>>3484684
>>3484686
Holy shit, you all weren't joking about the Elves thing. They just show up out of nowhere - it feels like we only have Elves because past Suikoden titles had Elves and Alwe is basically Kirkis from S1.
>>
>>3487032
Nah, I like Suikoden 3's plot and characters, if it weren't for the fact I read manga before I even touched the game.

It's just that coming from S1, S2 and S5, S3 feels so clunky and slow and the gameplay seemingly too complicated when S1 and S2 were simple but effective.
>>
>>3487024
>1. What are some important advice I should hear to make the game fun?
Learn how to use the skills system. It's really gonna change how you monkey around with things.

>2. I'm starting off as Hugo and I'm going to finish his route before I tackle Chris and Geddo.
Don't do that. You'll get more out of the games story if you play the chapters by round. There's an order faq somewhere you can find it to get things more chronological. It's not SUPER important but it is interesting how many small details they put in that can alter things as you go.

>>3487048
I almost kind of wish later gamer kept this style just while enhancing it. I don't want to say they're the most sprite like because that's stupid but you sort of get where I'm coming at. Simple models sort of have to convey emotions and things in a more...theatrical style.
>>
File: 1687845851624025.png (2.1 MB, 2400x3000)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
>>
File: viki.jpg (81 KB, 320x558)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>3487817
Oh Viki, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my minds
>>
>>3485290
Kawazu's approach to game design isn't to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, it's just to throw shit at the wall.
>>
File: 13.jpg (35 KB, 399x294)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>Favorite game?
coin toss between 2 (best gameplay overall) and 1 (best cast)

>Favorite Castle?
Budehuc, the comfiest

>Favorite rune?
Bright Shield, a healing MC yes please

Tir TcDohl

>>3487085
I liked that theory that Ace was the guy from the rope climbing minigame from S2
Good times
>>
>>3485859
V's character design was something else
>>
File: thomas you.png (830 KB, 1114x646)
830 KB
830 KB PNG
>>
File: S1-5_Jeane.jpg (75 KB, 496x452)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>3487984
>jeane
UNF
>>
>>3488138
>What's that? You like cool, beautiful and mysterious rune keepers? Hah hah, have a faggy retarded in glasses with a name so retarded I don't think I can even see straight anymore.
>>
>>3488139
At least they could have made him Fabio or some sort of faggy Adonis equivalent if they had to go full DEI ESG because Jeane is problematic.
>>
>>3488138
Suikoden V Jeanne is just way too much. I had to go jerk off every time I saw her in the game
>>
>>3488154
I'd even have accepted Muscle Wizard. That would have been a hoot.
>>
>>3488139
I don't actually hate his design, but man, fuck that name.
>>
>>3488155
>Suikoden V Jeanne is just way too much
The royal family oozed so much sex that they had to amp up Jeanne so that she can keep the tile of Sex Incarnate every Suikoden title.
>>
File: lym whawhawha.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>3488164
>*Screams in pug nose tomboy princess"
>>
>>3487984
>>3488164
>>3488168
For me, it's your other hot aunt that had to retire to a mountain convent and cover her innate sexiness up with long flowing priestess clothes (and also commit to a vow of celibacy) so that another extremely bloody and retarded succession crisis won't happen.
>>
File: haswar ending.jpg (75 KB, 640x480)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>3488170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJ289uL8pw
>>
>>3488170
>Royal family fuckery gets resolved by having non-bloodthirsty and not retarded people she knows she can trust in the throne
>Immediately announces that she's getting married
So who was the guy that she was presumably secretly fucking throughout the span of the game? That fucking bald elf?
>>
File: Bernadette01.jpg (107 KB, 273x600)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>3488170
Personally I'm fond of your aunt who you don't actually know is your aunt but man just look at the eyebrows and it's SUPER obvious.
>>
>>3488168
Filthy island barbarian genes. Please understand.
>>
File: bern bikini.jpg (63 KB, 500x750)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>3488178
I mean she could grow up looking like Bern.
>>
>>3488177
Actually, wasn't she also Island Federation ""Royalty""? Specifically of Obel. Wouldn't that mean that the Falenan royal bloodline from Arshtat's generation onwards distant relatives to Lazlo.
>>
File: Lino.png (235 KB, 304x717)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>3488180
I think Skald and Bern are just really high military officials. Which is still pretty boss. But they're not related to King The Dude.
>>
>>3488180
She's daughter of the current Admiral of the Island Federation, whose main base of operations is in Obel yes. But we don't know if title of Admiral is strictly meritocratic or inherited by the Obel Royal family line. So possible yes, but we'll never really know.
>>
>>3488181
Why did Lazlo grow up to be such a stick in the mud when his dad was literally Chad Surferdude.
>>
>Royal Bloodline of Goddesses
>All but one refuse to get dick because they might inadvertently cause a bloody civil war
I hate the monarchy so fucking much
>>
File: lazlo tactics.jpg (51 KB, 640x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>3488183
Lazlo was pretty chill in Tactics. Once things settled down and he stopped getting treated like a sidekick, pariah or cursed by destiny he mostly just sat back down on his little island eating crabs.
>>
>An effective, beloved leader who's neither retarded or dead before the opening act.
Man you can say what you want about 4 but Lino was the best.
>>
>>3488170
First time I played the game, I thought that she was in her 50s or 60s. Only when later revelations was revealed and I saw her more elaborate artwork did I realize that she was supposed to be just in her 30s. The art makes it clear that she's quite young too.

Though I guess her oozing that sweet granny that bakes you cookies energy helps her seem much older than she really was.
>>
>>3488183
>>3488185
Doesn't help that he grew up alongside fucking Snowe.
The innate Chad Surfercock in his genetics were probably be dampened by that faggot.
>>
File: royal wine aunt.jpg (50 KB, 640x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>3488189
>I thought that she was in her 50s or 60s. Only when later revelations was revealed and I saw her more elaborate artwork did I realize that she was supposed to be just in her 30s

This is anime, so same diff.
>>
File: 1576012521858.jpg (33 KB, 800x596)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>remasters still in limbo
I should just stop thinking about them and be pleasantly surprised if they actually come out.
>>
>>3488168
Lym calling her a shameless hussy was one of the highlights of the game to me.
>>
>>3488172
>surprise wedding
With the prince right?
>>
>>3488170
she is indeed a cute
>>
>>3487833
Does Viki have a rough equivalent in Eiyuden? Even though I missed her in Tierkreis, the Travelers and Diadora especially are pretty neat and keep the basic idea of time/realm warper alive, and I'm a little interested in seeing how the new game would spin the concept. But it sounds like Eiyuden's pretty janky atm.
>>
>>3488919
Yes, there is an obvious space/time traveler, and she serves your teleporting needs ingame.
>>
File: carrie.jpg (529 KB, 1920x1080)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>3488919
You get Carrie. Who I'd say is probably one of the better characters. She's polar opposite of Vicki in terms of personality beyond more of a brat who insists she's perfect despite screwing up but hey she stands out. She has a personality. More than you can say about most of these puds.
>>
Now that I'm almost at the end of the game, I don't feel particularly hyped to do the rest of it. Yet, I did back it, so I might as well see it through - just hope that I can get Nowa to Level 99 on the first playthrough because man, the war segments were a chore!
>>
>>3489167
I have yet to finish the last stretch of the game. game.I just pop in to do theater plays, then go play something else
>>
>>3489222
I only finished it because I waited so many years and backing dollars and damned if I was gonna see this trainwreck hit the ocean bottom
>>
File: s3 majestic.png (900 KB, 1270x925)
900 KB
900 KB PNG
>>
>>3489222
As I think about it, I realize what Eiyuden is missing compared to Suikoden and I'll use the first game as an example:

>Suikoden, after leaving the Scarlet Moon Empire, you come across Tai Ho and Yam Koo
>meeting them allows you to get the pirates who in turn allow you to get the McGuffin that helps you in a turning point in the war

What's the equivalent in Eiyuden?
>you come across some guy who loves Runes and is able to reverse engineer a bomb that ultimately does nothing with two other characters you barely know
>>
File: ninjas.png (49 KB, 418x316)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>3489866
In Suikoden 3 I just recently picked up the ninjas. When you hire the first one and talk to him you get a neat little flashback scene were he leaves his group, makes a references to S2 and has the other ninja say she's gonna have to come after him. Well if you put him in your group and go to the place in the flashback there she is. And they have a duel. When you win she says she still wants to fight but he says save it for later and she then joins your group. Their ending slides then say they're buzzed off somewhere to continued their "feud." It's not really a complex story or anything and it doesn't have a huge impact on the world. But it feels like something.

A big part of the problem with the recruits in the game in general is that they feel like they were all designed or created in a vacuum. It's not something that needs to be hard and absolute across the board but it feels like there's no relationship between any of the character and the world itself. People just exist regardless of tone or style. Even a lot of the ending slides in EC just referred to stuff that either seemed like it was at odds with what we saw of them or completely out of nowhere. (The) Reyna's slide mentions some people were after her. Where was this during her recruitment. Her whole bit was just her asking you to "Come at me bro." She never mentions any rivals. Any enemies. It feels like they could have said she pissed off the Dux's army and was hiding out and she joins you when you prove you're tough enough to fight them and give her some cover. But none of that exists. It's all so dry.
>>
>>3489918
The closest thing that gets to what you described is maybe Mio/Hakugin and arguably Riufan/Lam(?).
>>
>>3489926
For characters who are obligated by the story and around since the start Mio, Gar and Lian are really lacking in any notable backstory.
>>
>check Eiyuden characters list
>no milfs
What a let down

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.