[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Let's design sadistic RPG dungeons. The kind you might find in a Fromsoft game.

>A vast labyrinth. There are many dead ends, but also many illusory walls that must be found to progress through the dungeon. As you attempt to navigate it you are constantly attacked by ghosts that have the ability to walk through walls.
>>
>>3479343
>There is a fog of poison spread throughout the entire dungeon. It is a special kind of poison that cannot be negated, there is a constant countdown timer on your life for the duration of time you spend here.
>>
File: Tomb of Horrors.jpg (1.14 MB, 2553x2889)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>
>>3479346
The poison doesn't just lower your health, it lowers your stats too. Hurry up, or you'll be fighting the boss at Soul Level 1.
>>
>Darkness
>Spinning floors
>Teleports
>One way walls
>>
teleportation puzzles are enough to make people quit
>>
>>3479343
Ikuto from Phantasy Start II but with added teleports that send you to rooms with stairs up that let you find newer rooms full of holes to fall down.
All the treasures are still enclosed inside rooms you have to fall right up to five stages, only that the coolest item will require you to fall up to nine times taking the teleports and stairs, most rooms have holes just in case you may fall before taking the item.
Sixth stage is to go up to the entrance of the dungeon like in the original, but to fit the teleports the whole dungeon is wider.
Then you add suicidal monsters of mass banzai damage because it's an optional dungeon to get the best gear instead a plot needed torture like in Phantasy Star II.
Here is the original map in case you have no clue what I'm talking about:
https://www.pscave.com/ps2/dungeons/ikuto.shtml
>>
>no food or health potions to be found
>no savescumming
>total blackout - if you run out of torches or cant cast light, youre doomed.
>>
>>3479343
There's a horde of niggers in the dungeon.
>>
File: 20d5.png (879 KB, 1102x1571)
879 KB
879 KB PNG
>>3479343
there'e small number of helpful NPCs
if you interact with them in wrong sequence or take wrong dialogue choice one will kill all the others
>>
>>3479346
early armored core games did this
>>
File: 1711730265067489.png (9 KB, 844x833)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>3479343
fromsoft "dungeons" aren't even close to the worst you can get
>>
>>3479349
Surprised there are still anons who know what that is. Played 2 PC adaptations, one in NWN and one in Grimrock. The latter is rather weak.
>>
>>3484178
I've actually never played it, was before my time (I played 2nd ed AD&D, nothing earlier). I just know it's infamous for having a lot of "fuck you" traps to obliterate players.
>>
>The kind you might find in a Fromsoft game.

This is highly tantalizing bait
>>
>>3484253
You've left and left and found my Tomb
And now your soul will die.
>>
File: 64684867474.png (492 KB, 540x663)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>3479343
>every corner has a mob scripted to jump on you when you walk by and you cannot target them because the targeting was never fixed
also
>poison everywhere

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.