[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

how was it? not as a remake but as a game by itself
>>
>>3526078
Play it and find out. There's a free demo and the game does not improve over what's available there.
>>
Art style sucks.
>>
>>3526078
It's pretty bad desu, you are pretty much playing it for skits that are not as good as the ones in Tales games
>>
>>3526078
It's ok. Lot of modern day quality of life stuff bolted onto psx era gameplay philosophy. Lot of hidden stuff. Get it on sale if you don't like that kind of thing.
>>
>>3526078
Awful. Star Ocean 6 was unironically more fun
>>
>>3526078
dont know why people even ask "is ___this good" on 4chan. every answer is always "its shit" no matter what board it is
>>
>>3526078
its okay, basically just an upgrade from the original but if you hated the original then there is zero reason for this one to change your mind.
>>
>>3526082
I thought the art was fantastic

>>3526078
Really great remake of a good game
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (184 KB, 665x724)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
It's a game you can lose yourself in for a while, there's a lot of content, and a lot of mechanics to figure out and deep dive into.
>>
>>3528152
Item creation in star ocean 1 and 2 is very addictive
>>
>>3528197
It really really is. Another fun one is stealing from NPCs, just an optional skill: BUT some NPCs have particular powerful items you may be able to obtain, and if you do this early on and often you get get some pretty ridiculous upgrades going out of the starting gate. Star Ocean 2 is like an Elder Scrolls game, underneath a veneer of a JRPG with beat 'em up combat. I mean it when I say you can dive in deep and go swimming for a very very long time.
>>
>>3526078
it's the only jrpg i've finished in at least 15 years. it's excellent. you don't have to grind, you can break it if you want to, the characters aren't too annoying, and the story doesn't ever get in the way. it's +forward all the way through until the end game, and then you can run around getting different shit without a bunch of tedious bullshit. great remake. i played probably 20 hours of the original before dropping it when it came out, and i played and beat star ocean on snes a couple decades ago.
>>
Good game. 7 out of 10. Dragon Quest III HD-2D is looking to be even better.
>>
it's a stupid game but an extremely good stupid game if that makes sense
>>
>>3530394
>Dragon Quest III HD-2D is looking to be even better.
GBC version is totally sufficient, especially since it seems like the dungeons were lifted 1:1.
>>
>>3530725
it makes sense, and i agree. it's a jrpg that tries to fix the genre by combining very naive real time combat, which at least makes the combat more engaging and challenging than element hierarchies or damage sponge enemies and item scarcity. all of the progression systems lend to the combat experience, because trying to get overpowered/omnipotent makes testing different character configurations kinda a simple dumb fun.
>>
>>3528197
>tfw IC in SO6 is not as broken as in SO2 and SO1R
First time playing the 3D SO games and I miss music ICs, especially Orchestra, where I can manipulate success rate easily and get Talents much faster. Also not having NG+ hurts when you want to carry over stuffs.
>>
>>3528152
Jesus christ
lol
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.