[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.jpg (111 KB, 658x667)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Someone told me stacking stuff up here can get me a new unit, Ive been trying for like half an hour, how do I do this... Should I just restart I just made it to chapter 2
>>
>>3529316
keep stacking.
>>
>>3529316
You have to stack pretty high, it takes like all your starting characters

It's also harder to do once characters learn how to hold each other, but it's still possible. Keep at it, Bottlemails are incredibly valuable
>>
>>3529316
Look up a guide for this bit
>>
>>3529316
Bump
>>
If it is too difficult you can also unlock bottlemails from doing dungeons with the correct monster theme (don't remember what type, either cute, unique, weird) then slap a failure title on the dungeon and defeat at least 10 or 15 of them to unlock them for summoning.

As someone previously mentioned, bottlemails are vital if you want to get overpowered. They have a higher chance of bringing back items after their turn limit is up. Naturally you still need to level them otherwise they cannot extract higher level items.
>>
>>3533314
Forget about bottlemail and dungeon. Just play the game naturally. Dungeon and bottlemail are for post game grinding and they will ruin your normal playthrough experience.
>>
File: pb-misc02.jpg (134 KB, 630x800)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>3534811
Shut the fuck up. Thinking like that is the reason why folks don't finish RPGS...

Things you need stack really high to get the >bottlemail
>DO A PUTTY DUNGEON and kill 20 putties of each type
Putties are better mages/healers/ magic users overall than humans and it will make your life much easier . Also they have a better item retention rate as well.

>Get a Behemoth/Dragon/gigabeast
Really good damage output

>get a Prinny
also really high damage output

>Make "worthless" dungeons with high levels for easy grinding and high level items you can later retitle
>>
>>3535717
also try for chameleon too

see what I mean when I say putties are better than human mages?
Also they have really high steal probability
https://phantombrave.fandom.com/wiki/Witch
https://phantombrave.fandom.com/wiki/Healer

https://phantombrave.fandom.com/wiki/Putty
https://phantombrave.fandom.com/wiki/Putty_Mage

just use a fighter, and intial units to get through said dungeons.
>>
>>3535811
Counterpoint: Witch is much cuter than the Putty Mage.

>>3535717
Dragons are cool, but they only hang around for a couple turns. It's a lot easier to just pump up Ash

My biggest Phantom Brave tip is to get Marona a Vase and make her into a tiny adorable murder machine. Smash some Rods in there for variety.
>>
File: bg_034_l.jpg (742 KB, 922x1040)
742 KB
742 KB JPG
>>3535850
> Witch is much cuter than the Putty Mage.
Uh, yeah no. Cute monsters are better than waifus you wish you could fuck.

>only hang around for a couple turns. It's a lot easier to just pump up Ash
But who's going to cover the slack once Ash is used up, or if he K.O.ed in a dungeon? You gotta have a least seven dudes on call; dungeon are unpredictable .....

Honestly I would suggest
>fighter (just to help you get through the intial dungeons to get the 20 kills you need)
>Putty
>Putty Mage
>healer
>Putty Shaman (can't have too many healers)
>gigabeast
>dragon
>lizardman
>golem
>maybe a blob for it's explosion abilitity
>maybe an Eringa/Funguy for a little defense.
>>
>>3534811
Fundamentally untrue for the Atlus, Disgaea-like, SRPGs. Playing the game """naturally""" is a fantastic way to run into a stat wall where you have to inefficiently grind all your favorite characters so that they can pass the next stat check. Heaven help you if you decided to try on a dozen or so characters.

Absolutely do not fucking do that.

If you at least *know* what the cheese strats are? You know exactly what to do to at least quickly get past the stat wall.

And, really, that's what these games are about: smashing stat walls. Sure, there are fun things you can do with throwing characters and stacking braveheart, and that's super cool and all, but these games HEAVILY punish """natural""" play grinding. It is a brutal slog. Even if you're only training a few characters, it's a brutal slog doing it the dumb ways.

... but hey, that's just my opinion.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.