[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DQVII-fotfp-1.jpg (49 KB, 585x300)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Finally, after 20 or so years, I did right by child me and beat DQVII
It did involve accidently wandering all the way to the boss room while grinding vocations. I did know I couldn't go back after going down one of the Spirits' paths.
So Orgodemir was defeated by a rank 6 Automaton, a rank 7 Drake Slime, and rank 6 Sage, and a rank 5 Hero

Never bothered it figure out which technique is the best single target damage so I just laid into him with Knuckle Sandwiches.
It was nothing but Knuckle Sandwiches from me, Knuckle Sandwiches and a Oomphs from Ruff, Multiheals from Mervyn, and Kafrizzles from Maribel. Maribel and Mervyn also put out stuff Kabuffs and Insulates
Finished phase four with everyone but Me basically drained of mana.

Then the game gave me an hour long victory lap. Shame I couldn't remember most of the NPCs I had met along the way.

tl;dr; I beat a game after a long time despite being somewhat unprepared and am now satisfied
>>
File: DQ7-disc2 (1).jpg (67 KB, 355x528)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Was it more satisfying to play the 3DS version, or do you think you should've returned to the PS1 version?
>>
>>3531381
Just out if simple modern conveniences and a probably better translation job I would have stuck with the 3DS version given the choice.
But I do have the experience of doing the PS1 uncut intro (a couple times) and that's the biggest point toward the original I see people cite anyway
>>
>>3531344
You beat a game for children.
Congratulations.
>>
File: 110630.png (352 KB, 582x541)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>3531464
Thanks
>>
File: don.gif (3.76 MB, 498x498)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB GIF
>>3531822
>>
Dragon quest 7 had an absurd amount of backtracking
>>
>>3531344
nice, sounds like a good time. I have a soft spot for DQ7.
Maribel is a cutie
>>
>>3531344
I did this myself way back when I was 27. Got an NES and Dragon Warrior. Used to watch my dad play it back in the early 90's and never could get far myself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.