[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Baten Kaitos.jpg (826 KB, 970x600)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
what's the /vrpg/erdict? Should I pick up a physical Japanese copy for switch or get it digitally on steam? The card collecting aspect really tickles the boxes in my brain
>>
File: 1700269548960097.png (438 KB, 969x586)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
Neither
Honestly if you're going to play with the shitty upscale might as well do it on a smaller monitor
>>
>>3533413
Please stop making threads for games you didn't play. This is getting extremely annoying.
>>
>>3533427
post the rpg rec thread and I will delete this post
>>
>>3533422
is there a reason to play the gcn release? not that I have any gripes. also why explain why there is an undub version
>>
>>3533431
>>>/wsr/
>>
File: 1713331687048281.png (2.8 MB, 1600x900)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>3533434
They added a few "modernizations" like adding 'yikes' to an obvious joke, changing characters ages, changing alcohol to apple juice, etc. It's for this reason people are wondering why the remaster doesn't include the original EN audio, only the JP. So obviously to play the NA GCN rom with JP audio you need an undub. As for which is better, depends on nostalgia and sensitivity to the weird ass echo effect.
But I'd play the GCN, dub or not, simply for the fact I won't have to look at the shitty upscale they used for the remaster
>>
For those emulating: unless you have an absolute cripple potato for a PC use LLE recompiler for sound output and make sure Dolby decoder is enabled and then set the ingame sound config to Surround. That way it won't have that weird bath tub sound.
>>
>>3533657
I like the bath tub sound
>>
>>3533413
If you are picking between those two, the switch version has really bad framerate issues in one of the boss areas while the pc version was fine. Also, if you are aiming for 100%, one of the cards needs you to leave the game running for 336 hours, and the pc version will auto pause if you alt tab.
>>
>>3533413
Chrono Cross with an incredibly tedious combat system.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.