[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: BnJQrPnS.png (422 KB, 1134x1520)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
nvm desu its dead.
>>
>>3534044
Wouldn't it be more advantageous to recommend people play symphonia or something instead of repeatedly referencing an awful entry in the series that's over a decade old
>>
does she have a tail or is that a buttplug
>>
>>3534050
don't expect logic from whatevereizen'slittlesisterwascalledpedos
>>
>>3534099
Anal buttblug
>>
Dhaos was right
>>
>>3534044
Edna fag has kept me out of every tales thread.
>>
Bisley was right
>>
>>3534484
True
>>3534498
Not wholly untrue
>>
Anal
>>
was sorey homosexual
>>
Its over
>>
the bad times of course
>>
I hate Edna.
>>
>>3535559
me too
>>
i love Edna
>>
I love Symonne.
>>
File: harem.png (1.17 MB, 1463x692)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
so far I haven't found a really compelling reason to not just run this party all the time

games fun though
>>
>>3536197
Raven's love shot is better than anything Estelle has. I also swapped Yuri out for Flynn down the line because of energy coat and jigenzan.
>>
>>3536297
but yuri is still better
>>
>>3534050
not defending zestiria but symphonia is made for literal children. it's not even the kind of thing where you can still play it as an adult and enjoy it like other jrpgs, unless you're really autistic or have never watched a b-rate shounen anime
>>
>>3536691
It's not that bad
>>
>>3536297
>Raven's love shot is better than anything Estelle has
if you only play on normal mode, sure. otherwise it doesn't heal nearly enough and while on paper being able to spam it sounds like a perk you can just pop overlimit to rapid fire nurses/healing circles, or hit calvary and become immune to your spells being interupted. estelle also has buffs, better damage spells and better stats with an equally janky combo game so she does more damage and enables other characters to do damage

also patty becomes way worse without yuri around
>>
>>3536814
i dont rlly think its "bad" or whatever there was obv effort put into it but the story itself is just not compelling enough to warrant playing it for 60 fucking hours, since its not really allowed to go any further than the surface level of what could have been much deeper plot points.
not to mention the fakeout deaths, or the fact that nothing really happens to the traitor and hes just forgiven and everythings fine again save for a single route that rarely anyone would ever trigger on a first playthrough.
i could play literally any jrpg that's half as long and get a more compelling story...
that being said the main villain is really well-written and i think some jrpgs can learn from his unique way of interacting with the party, but again you'd have to be really young (or autistic) to actually get emotionally invested in his death since the way it's presented is just so......kiddish??
after typing this out over a four word reply about a game i don't even like i've realized maybe im the autistic one what the fuck-
>>
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/119976468
>>
>>3536854
he's forgiven because it turns out he was literally just pretending to betray you so he can get a key item you need from the badguys and saves everyone from their extremely conveneint deathtraps they all get stuck in on the way through the previous dungeon, unless you take the route where it turns out actually he really is betraying you because lloyd didn't trust him enough to make him feel like his life had any value and he went on a nihilism streak

if this game is as simplistic as you say, why did you not understand these plot points the characters directly state without any subtly?
>>
Kratos VS Zelos
Settle it forever
>>
>>3537120
Zelos
How is this even a question
>>
>>3537216
why
>>
>Can't turn on the Japanese dub
Yuri Lowenthal's voice is so intensely grating to me. I can't stand how the American anime/game VA industry has like five actors that they use for fucking everything.
>>
File: talesabyss.jpg (618 KB, 640x906)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>3537726
So blinded by hate I forgot pic.
>>
>>3537728
Just download the undub. You'll actually get voiced skits too.
>>
>>3537726
filtered
>>
>>3537728
>>3537726
the devs like his take so much they named the protagonist of the next game after him
>>
>>3537120
kratos is cool and all but zelos is the funniest character in the whole franchise, can't imagine not picking him
>>
>>3537120
>>3537220
By taking Kratos you 1-restrict yourself from any of the other Flanoir scenes with the rest of the cast as well as force yourself into a specific epilogue and other small details that come from the Flanoir scene, 2- lose out on Zelos' Personal skill, which is really really fucking convenient, 3- I don't have numbers to give you, but if I recall correctly Zelos has a higher attacking stats over Kratos, who is a bit more tanky - and offence is universally better.

Kratos's benefit - access to Judgement - does not make up for any of that.
>>
>>3537778
>next game
I don't believe Caius is named after Yuri Lowenthal.
>>
>>3537946
Counterpoints:1-he is your dad
2-he loves you
>>
Why is Luke so FUCKING POWERFUL?
>>
Why do you guys want to kill Sheena’s boyfriend
>>
>>3538405
Do you mean gameplay or lore?
Gameplay, he's pretty whatever.
>>
>>3538457
Lore but he's also pretty good in terms of gameplay, Guy focus really warped people's minds
>>
>>3537946
>Kratos's benefit - access to Judgement - does not make up for any of that.
PS2 and on, Zelos also gets Judgment.
The only techs differentiating them at that point are Guardian Field for Kratos which is kind of shitty with the awful range and Zelos's 2nd MA Divine Judgment which homes in on the target and is easy to activate provided that you unlocked Judgment in the place.
>>
>>3538458
Hyperresonance.
Specifically, he can activate it by himself (frequently at that) which is near-impossible for anyone else without assistance.
>>
>>3538459
kratosbros.........
>>
>>3538459
But why would you play anything except the objectively superior Gamecube version
>>
>>3538484
More content
>>
>>3538458
The problem is that melee AI sucks and Abyss wants you to run a 3x Mage or 2x Mage + Natalia for healing. Guy is better than Luke so he gets overshadowed.
>>
>>3536197
Always use harem parties with the MC in tales and star ocean
>>
>>3538950
what makes guy better
>>
File: 20230905142116_1.jpg (339 KB, 2560x1080)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
Magilou sexo
>>
>>3539072
Trying to steal velvet's prize. Are all the females in berseria huge shotacon?
>>
>>3539061
Gets a lot of good moves earlier than Luke. Has a functional infinite on many enemies with the right setup, etc.
>>
Alphenbros, how do we COPE with the FACT that our "hero" is the WEAKEST protagonist in the ENTIRE FRANCHISE?????
>>
>>3534044
what happened to blastia after vesperia????
>>
>>3539284
At least he wasn't BETRAYED and TRAPPED like Berubetto
>>
>>3539348
will Velvet ever escape the hyperbolic time chamber
>>
>>3539284
>"Shionne, I need your help! This is Senel Coolidge I'm up against!"
>>
>>3539348
Deserved.
>>
>>3539350
Canonically no
>>
>>3539284
He should never removed the mask. The man without a face was really interesting but removed the mistery he was the blandest mc ever.
>>
>>3539952
Truth
>>
>>3536197
I tried this game a week ago. The battle system was so slow and boring I dropped it after the first dungeon where you run away with the pink girl.
>>
>>3540933
filtered
>>
>>3539101
Luke gets lowkey more fun to play in the second half of the game, but it may be just my perception
>>
I started Tales of Vesperia
What is Rapido used for in combat?
He's the thief/item user, right?
So it's better for the player to control it in combat?
>>
>>3534044
She does DAPs.....
>>
>>3541100
Repede is the fast dude
Just let him do his thing
Stealing isn't too important
>>
>>3541100
Unless youre doing 100%, stealing doesnt matter. Play as whoever you want to.
Catcha : T00T
>>
>>3541099
Agreed
>>
Is Tales of Berseria any good? I never played any game in the series and it's pretty cheap on Steam right now.
>>
>>3542985
Character is good, Story is okay, Gameplay is meh, Its a Prequel to Zestiria
>>
>>3542985
Worst game in the series. Some of the characters are entertaining but everything else is extremely unfun. Buy something else.
>>
>>3541100
Sorta? Every character is going to be better when they're player controlled (you could argue against Rita I guess if you prep her spell list for every fight but that's a hassle most of the time). Repede's not special in that regard, but you can make him a lot better by controlling him.
Repede does have a lot of item/thief skills, but they're not really the focus of how he's actually played. Instead he's more focused out using his speed and abusing free-run. I can't really give you great advice on him though because he's definitely my least played character in the game
>>
>>3543080
Counterpoint: tempest
>>
Bros I don't get it. The dungeons are long and boring, the combat is flashy but not that satisfying with enemy being spongy unless you pick just the right element that they're weak to.
It's not that fun, though I like the characters.

Early screenshot but I'm at the second half of the game.
>>
File: natalia.png (54 KB, 495x373)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>3542985
it's a good game but imo it's not a good first tales of game to start the series with, for the 3d games you should probably start with either abyss or vesperia since they're easy to emulate/cheap too. for 2d you should give phantasia a chance (the psx version) or destiny
then you can come back to berseria and you'll probably like it
>>
>>3543014
>>3543080
>>3543262
Thanks for the responses everyone. Usually I see people describing Berseria as the black sheep of the franchise, but I got interested because apparently it deviated from the usual cheery stuff in the other entries. If it's edgier, do you think it's handled well or does it end up being a bit juvenile?
>>
>>3543452
i thought it was edgy done right, it didn't feel juvenile
>>
>>3539379
How does she appear in the gacha games then? Like, what's the excuse?

>>3539952
It's funny because you can remove the mask the instant you start the game because of all the cosmetics DLC, it still shows up in cutscenes though, which was weird
>>
>>3543262
Disagree, Berseria was THE tourist Tales game before Arise. It was a pretty big JRPG release in 2017 and everyone started with it and then went back and played other games, I know I did.

>>3543452
It's really not edgy, at least not by adult Western media standards. The MC has a vengeance boner (and that's all she talks about) and other party members are all like "meh whatever I'm just tagging along, don't care what happens". I guess you could say they're not actively "good", but none of them are evil

Except for the samurai dude that wants to kill his brother because he's jealous of him being better at everything and you help him do just that, and then he loses all humanity and becomes a monster in his ending

But yeah the dungeons and combat suck hard, maybe play something else like Xillia first (easy to emulate, looks about the same graphics wise)
>>
>>3543480
if you're going by what everyone else started with then you should know it's symphonia, neither berseria nor symphonia are good 1st games to start with to *get into* the series even though i like both of them, my point is that starting with abyss or one of the 2d games would be a better starting point because berseria does things different than the rest of the series
>>
>>3543452
>Usually I see people describing Berseria as the black sheep of the franchise, but I got interested because apparently it deviated from the usual cheery stuff in the other entries
Not really? Like it's edgier in that your party is made up of tentatively "bad guys", but the people you're fighting against are evil anyways so that doesn't really matter and they don't use it to tackle any themes that are more mature than the rest of the series. I'd say it's pretty on par tonally, maybe a bit sillier overall? In a game that really doesn't have strong side characters, the fact that most of your party gets constantly played for jokes impacts that a lot.

Anyways at this point the black sheep of the franchise is Arise.

>>3543499
Sorta disagree on what you're saying here. Symphonia definitely *was* a good game to get people into the series with - and it obviously worked that way - but the audience itself has changed a lot in 20 years. It's harder to make a fortnite kid (don't take offense to that, I hate that I have to preempt this because some fag will) sit down to it. That said, I don't see Abyss as any better - if anything it's maybe a bit worse.
Fonon circles are nice, but they don't provide enough to substantially improve anything from Symphonia, and the ambitious but completely game-breaking implementation of free-run in Abyss fucks the combat over. You also just have less variety in playable characters which is a downgrade too. Abyss also tends to have a lot more "annoyance points" baked into it - see https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3460441/#3521509 - that Symphonia doesn't, and Symphonia's combat mix of 2D/3D lets it be a really good branching point to the different 2D and 3D games in the series. And though I personally disagree - the unlikability of Luke and a lot of the rest of your party, especially in the early part of Abyss, can really offput people. And if they're offput from the game, they won't touch the rest of the series.
>>
>>3543452
>the black sheep of the franchise
not really. its reception is solidly middling
>deviated from the usual cheery stuff
it doesn't. berseria pretends its edgier, and a lot of people get tricked by it, but it's just set dressing to some extent. i'd say that by the metrics you're using it's probably "juvenile" because it's honestly a standard jrpg in a lot of ways.

however the characters are genuinely well written and it's a fun time. probably one of my favourites on writing alone.
>>
>>3543472
>How does she appear in the gacha games then? Like, what's the excuse?
crossover games don't have to make sense

to actually answer the question even though it's stupid, most of the crossover games are alternate universes where the original games never happened. the only exceptions are reve unitia, (takes place in a shared inter-dimensional dream where everyone has amnesia anyways so it's difficult to tell what timeframe theyre from) and rays (everyone is an "exoflection", basically a perfect clone that can never return home. anyone who should be dead or indisposed is from before that happens)
>>
>>3544160
>>3544059
>>3543480
>>3543461
Thanks again everyone. I did end up buying it but your replies helped me know what I was getting into. I put almost three hours into it in a single sitting, which is a rare thing for me in this type of game. I'm enjoying it a lot and I'll check out the other games in the series if they're even better.
>>
>>3544322
Have fun anon, the game really picks up once you get more party members, especially Magilou, Eizen and the shota ofc.

Not a spoiler, just a funny moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8uoyyQs9OU
>>
Is Karol the worst tales party member ever?
>horrible TP costs
>NO combo's
>Slow as fuck
>cant use OL well

Like he is clearly the worst in Vesperia, but arguably in the history of the series.
>>
>>3544348
It's probably Annie as far as mainline goes but I'll always default to Sheena. Not only is her entire moveset copy pasted with no animations, it's the one-off boss in her 1v1 that gets the actual proper Suzu ninja arte list.
>>
I hate every loli character
>>
Did this motherfucker just disappeared with all my ex-spheres I've invested in him?
>>
>>3534044
Why is there so many females in Tailsof fandom?
>>
My hate list
Yuri
Lloyd
Sorey
>>
File: 1651221768694.jpg (231 KB, 699x565)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>3544900
Mmmm, daddy...
>>
>>3544966
what the fuck.

>>3544949
over emil?
>>
>>3544997
>over emil?
He is a good boy I don't have anything against him
>>
Why are people hate Alphen?
>>
File: GPg2mp-aoAAXyDx.jpg (159 KB, 820x866)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
I will never hate Edna
>>
Lloyd! Our elephant!
>>
>>3544348
Karol’s fine? He can combo pretty easily, there’s a lot of knockdown resets in his kit (he deals extra to kd-ed foes), and if you struggle with spacing after some hits Destruction Street or Rolling Revolution off the top of my head are quite good lateral extenders, especially once you start using charge. He also just does more damage in shorter combos anyways.
He gets some really good artes too. All of his debuffs are fantastic, especially once you get the skill that prevents them from wearing off, and he can self-buff with Coil to deal even more damage. Reaper Knock is incredible, you don’t even need to combo with it.
>cant use OL well
I mean that’s just false. Karol’s skills set him up as an absolute monster with OL - his crits do more damage than any other character, they force guard break, and then in post-game every attack he does in OL automatically crits. For some of the hardest content in the game he’s one of the best damage dealers.
He also shines as an NPC, which isn’t a bad quality to have. Whereas Judith/Raven/Repede etc. are going to be really frail and not able to perform any of the things that make them good, Karol - with very little set-up - can contribute a ton. Because he’s still going to hit his debuffs, he can provide instant good healing and ailment removal, every hit he does will still do a chunk of damage, and importantly he won’t die half as easily.

>Like he is clearly the worst in Vesperia
I don’t think it’s as anywhere near as clear cut as you say. I’d lean Repede - he doesn’t really shine at anything that other people can’t do better.

Like here’s the thing - he’s rough right at the start where all you have is dragon upper and he’s at his slowest, and it’s easy to bench him the moment you get Rita and never give him any focus past that point - which I think a lot of players do. But in doing that you’re cutting yourself off at the ankles. He’s got a lot of good things going for him
>>
>>3544348
>but arguably in the history of the series.
This just makes it look like you haven’t played many games in the series.
For starters, his kit’s pretty much just a direct improvement on what Presea has, so him being the “worst” is just an impossibility. And frankly there’s a ton of characters throughout the series that are substantially worse than either of them.
Putting aside some of the casters, because a lot of those are interchangeable, it’s hard to be worse than Moses. He is objectively awful in every aspect of gameplay at every point of the game, and Legendia’s less than stellar combat system makes trying to play him even worse.
>>
>>3544347
Indeed, I'm becoming quite a fan of Magilou's annoying but unexpectedly charming and funny attitude. As well as her flat chest. I also love snowy areas so this first city is great for me.
>>
>>3545019
He's probably the biggest Mary Sue in the entire series.
>>
>>3544966
>filename
Why would you save that
>>
Playing symphonia for the first time, which party members are the strongest? I don't want to grind
>>
>>3545401
Lloyd then any combination of 3 except Genis and Sheena. Use Raine if you really need a dedicated healer.
>>
Lloyd has a milf fetish because his mom is dead
>>
>>3545460
>>3545460
>for the first time
You should use Raine as your 4th slot pretty much all the time. She comes heavily recommended.
Genis is okay in that if you just have him cast the spells that are super effective for the area/boss you’re in (by turning off all his other artes) he’ll do okay, automatic damage. But he’s useless without TP so you have to keep topping that off in mind or else he’ll walk forward and kill himself pretty much instantly.
Sheena’s not great but you might as well get used to having her around anyways lmao.
Colette can be pretty good especially when you’re controlling her, Kratos and Zelos are great, Presea’s fine. Regal is good but really only as a player character.

For the first chunk of the game, I’d recommend playing as Lloyd or Kratos, and once Colettle learns some of her artes she makes a good lead too. In the latter parts of the game you can pretty much do whatever and you can make it work, but I still recommend keeping Raine around.
>>
>>3545460
>>3545512
Genis is fine under AI control. The thing with his spellset is that he really wants you to run with a mix from both trees. Trying to use pure T like most players do is just a strict nerf.
>>
>>3544162
Don't forget that exoflected clones basically are rid of their original cause of death or illness.
Which is why you have characters like fucking Ion fighting (with the worst defense possible in-game and low CC recovery) who still keels over in like 2 hits. Or Ludger/Victor/Julius no worse for wear and living happily with Elle and Bisley (and Asteria teen Elle).
>>
Can someone confirm this scene exists in Tales of Vesperia?
one girl complains in after battle banter
"bounce, bounce, I wish mine bounced that way"

What girls are these?
>>
File: 2009-01-05-134922.jpg (623 KB, 2150x800)
623 KB
623 KB JPG
>>3545401
>>3545512
This is about right. The early game unfortunately leaves you with Lloyd and Kratos as the only enjoyable characters because Colette has no moves, but she gets projectile and close range goods eventually. Regal similarly starts with beans but suddenly clicks with his better attacks, far more so in the post-Gamecube versions. Presea is a melee AoE guard shredder that is really to your preference. Sheena gets a couple neat support moves later on. Raine really is the MVP between healing and Photon being a cheap but strong enemy stun the whole game long.
>>
>>3545777
Estelle and Judith
>>
>>3543171
Once you got the element down, any attack will also get proper damage as long as you continue the combo. I'm having fun with normal battles but later bosses are a game of trying to see what works before you die. They're the only ones I'm not having fun with my first playthrough.

Characters and story feel just alright. Stahn, Rutee, and Leon are the main focus while everyone else feel like they're just there with the occasional nods. The world isn't really that interesting either? The Team Destiny extras and quirks are in it but aside from that it's pretty average. Might be because I never played the original at the time so maybe it might be more interesting back then. Eternia has a far more interesting world and characters.

But yeah I think it's a great game, great battle system when it clicks, but not necessarily the "best" overall package.
>>
Why is Kratos so popular?
>>
>>3545920
He's in one of the Tales games that people have played.
>>
>>3545691
That’s just a knowledge check on the game desu. And you are better off with pure T than pure S simply because Prism Stars is great

>>3545920
Sexy Voice in both languages
>>
>>3545777
https://youtube.com/watch?v=nxzAoafxKAo
It’s a victory quote
>>
>>3545845
thank you
>>
Colette is shit
>>
>>3546069
No, but for a while you could trick her into eating it and she wouldn't notice or care.
Think about it. Colette - Toilette.
>>
>>3544348
1- He's arguably not the worst party member in the game
2- Vesperia, like Xillia 2, is a game where even the worst party member is very good
3- There are absolutely far worse party members in the rest of the franchise
>>
>>3544949
I'm sorry their Chad energy threatens you so
>>
>>3546223
Wrong reply, buddy
>>
>>3546247
Nah
>>
Why is TALES of the TEMPEST so FUCKING SHIT?
>>
New format of skits in tales of arise fucking sucks
>>
>>3546299
filtered
>>
>>3546299
It's a DS game that's short as fuck. There's a reason it was downgraded from mainline tales game
>>
>>3546558
It CREATED the downgrade
>>
Final fantasy is better....
>>
>>3546795
Square Enix is the Bethesda of Japan. Their games are the absolute worst thing you can play, nothing is lower than final fantasy.
>>
>>3546795
...at catering to retards.
>>
>>3546795
>>3546796
>>3546827
Compartmentalization and forced arguing and warring is retarded. Keep these /v/-like bait posts over there please
>>
>>3546838
Favorite Tales game?
>>
Question. I'm currently in tethe'alla and doing presea quest. At flanoir city, should I pick Kratos scene or Zelos scene first? And should I bother picking other characters scenes, does the game story changes or just a short scene in the ending?
>>
>>3546795
Wrong. Dragon quest is better....
>>
>rth
>>
>>
>>3546863
id slap it
>>
>>3547043
wat
>>
>>3545960
Given that his MA is locked behind Indignation, pretty much every Genis is going to have access to Prism Stars. Absolute is really good for bossing and is stuck behind S, Grave is also surprisingly useful during the midgame too. So, its definitely worth taking S for Ice/Earth.
>>
File: 1630672745124.png (2.19 MB, 1665x1800)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
Our heroes!!
>>
>>3546795
Lloyd is just copy of Tidus
>>
Yum
>>
Yuri sexoooooo
>>
>>3548075
Why are fujos like this
>>
>>3548065
>Rinwell
>14yo
>Doesnt even look 14 at all
Grim
>>
>>3548077
I'd do the same to Pascal and Rita, I don't begrudge the fujos for this.
>>
File: 1709623784990353.jpg (448 KB, 650x650)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>3548108
>Pascal
BASED
>>
>>3548111
I love pascal.
>>
>>3545460
I don't use genis much until he gets meteor storm then he becomes my bro
>>
>>3548065
Is this official? Looks very offmodel.
>>
>>3548315
its official. Luke is a manlet while Rinwell is tall teenager.
>>
>>3548343
I'm not even looking at the heights, those are never consistent. It's the faces that are super damn off. Just look at Velvet or Raven.
>>
Do we have Tales of Festival available in english?
>>
File: GRyvzvLacAQ3piB.jpg (940 KB, 2825x2322)
940 KB
940 KB JPG
Our heroes!
>>
>>3548075
this was the dying dream of that one dude with the glasses who died
>>
>>3549857
Where the FUCK is LUDGER
>>
>>3549857
>No laphi no shirt and tight shorts.
Muda.
>>
>>3549857
>every good character has a shirt
As expected
>>
Did Emil and Luca prove that NOBODY likes BETA KEK protagonists?
>>
>>3550359
Outside of the first couple hours of the game I have no problem with Emil. Luca sucks, but most of that is attributed to how awful Iria is. And that's coming from someone who almost always prefers tsunderes.
>>
Does Shionne peg Alphen
>>
>>3550359
Was Luca truly a beta?
>>
Less than a year since the last Tales release. It's not dead. We'll get another one within 2 years, probably. They're done with the near annual releases the series used to have.
>>
>>3550359
Luca's problem is more that Iria and Spada fucking suck and they get a ton of lines. If it was up to me, I would have gladly sided with Chitose.
>>
>>3550762
Luca Iria and Spada have one of the best sibling portrayals I've seen in the original. Shame R dumbed it down.
>>
Should Emil, Luca, Kor, Caius, Jude, and Kyle start a manlet club?
>>
>>3550769
>Kor
>>
>>3550784
It's a good name, man. Kor. Core. Like a meteorite. Cor. Like a heart.
>>
>>3550769
kyle still has time to grow
>>
File: GQwCYJSaUAADn6b.jpg (520 KB, 2087x2087)
520 KB
520 KB JPG
pure sex. I want to fuck him
>>
>>3549857
Where are nipples.....
>>
File: GRyv6GkbMAAI-gW.jpg (911 KB, 2460x2830)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
>>3549857
Our heroines!
>>
File: GRyv6MQaEAAE4l3.jpg (856 KB, 2457x2830)
856 KB
856 KB JPG
>>3550977
>>
wonder why i can't activate Repede's dog map sidequest
>>
File: 1708997055725944.png (75 KB, 740x1038)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>3550979
Sexo.
>>
>>3550732
>Less than a year since the last Tales release.
Arise wasn't even supposed to be a Tales game. You would think they had another title in the pipeline already.
And it's been 3 years already.
>>
>>3551166
duality of gamer, dont want rushed yearly release but also want yearly release
>>
is he called yuri because he's russian
>>
>>3551458
>dont want rushed yearly releases
The only people who pretend to have a problem with this are people who don't like the series in question to begin with. Tales was great when it was releasing "yearly" (in reality there were more than 2 games per year for a 10 year period).
>>
>>3551513
he's there to tag estelle with rita
>>
File: 1710951368015304.gif (3.16 MB, 498x401)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB GIF
>>3550977
>Shizel
>Elrane
>Heroines
>>
>>3551548
wdym tag
>>
>>3549857
...and Caius.
>>
>>3549857
Malik and Van should fuck
>>
Why is Lloyd balding
>>
>>3549857
...and Senel.
>>
>I come from a land down under~
>>
>>3550561
Doesn't seem like the type.
>>
>>3534044
I remember playing phantasia so long ago
now that I think about it that is the only tales game I played.
>>
>>3551513
Yes.
>>
>>3552856
Play more
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (38 KB, 600x1023)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Oh, to be scolded by Raine….
>>
>>3551112
That one's a bit finicky from my own experience.
Honestly I would just ignore it until you're at the end of the game. The rewards are small, it's not missable, and it's a pain to do anyways.
>>
>>3551513
karol is also a male russian name
>>
File: 26533345.jpg (13 KB, 292x321)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>3553604
But do you deserve it, or is it merely here well-intentioned but unasked for opinion (again)?
>>
File: FvqbRTjakAAIDPj.jpg (563 KB, 1920x1080)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
Our heroes!
>>
>>3553898
Luke is retarded
>>
File: 1695853715520578.jpg (30 KB, 320x320)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3553604
>>3553743
Top tier hag. Must be bred before too late. Clock is ticking.
>>
>>3553898
Who has the biggest/smallest dick?
>>
>>3553909
More news at 7.
>>
>>3553956
>the biggest
Dohalim
>>3553956
>smallest
Emil
>>
>>3553898
Stahnbros...... our hero is gay.,,,
>>
>>3553956
Porbably smallest for laphi even if is enough for velvet.
>>
>>3553969
...as in happy.
>>
>>3553956
>biggest
Ludger
>smallest
Laphi
>>
>>3553969
...and by "Stahn" I mean Sorey.
>>
>no kissing no cuddling
I don't like Tales of men being autistic and celibate
>>
>>
File: 1709656778445363.png (14 KB, 768x672)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>3554055
It's a jap thing. No way in hell arche didn't drain chester's balls during the night in the snowy city (don't remember the name). Is left implied but you know they did it.
>>
File: GKC9Ka-bkAA6kb2.jpg (511 KB, 1920x1080)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
our XX heroes!
>>
>>
>>3554063
lloyd definitely fucked emil at some point
>>
>>3554063
ratatosk definitely fucked lloyd at some point
>>
>>3554063
mmm....colette and marta lesbian sex
>>
File: GMRGfTbacAAXj9b.jpg (229 KB, 1200x1800)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
mmmmm....daddy.....
>>
File: GMRGfTcbwAAGsUx.jpg (448 KB, 1350x1800)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>
File: GHhz4ikbkAQ00kj.jpg (283 KB, 2048x1412)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>
>>3553898
Who is that hiding in the tree?
>>
>>3553898
...and Alphen
>>
What is the strongest party (canonically)
>>
Who can cast Indignation in each Tales games ??

I only know Reine's little brother and Rita
>>
>>3554271
Jade
Arche
Laphi
Phillia
just off the top of my head
>>
>>3554271
Morrison, Meredy, Will, Cheria, Mercuria... I'm missing someone. And more if you include enemies.
>>
>>3554085
Why is there so much gay incest fanart in tales
>>
>>3554587
why wouldn't there be?
>>
come on Schwann, let me take your secret mission
>>
>>3554063
I'm surprised DotNW hasn't even gotten an OVA despite its poor reception.
>>
>>3554948
The main trio are generally well liked. The problems would be: the rest of the game is a little too gimmicky for its own good in addition to the ToS cast being level locked in the final chapter for no reason.
Maybe if it had a little more time in the oven...
>>
File: E9dTdrvUYAYda6Z.jpg (241 KB, 1662x1262)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>3553951
Don't Tales elves follow the hit-your-prime-then-age-glacially model, though?

>>3554948
The question is, given that Dawn was a Wii cashgrab, why you would spend MORE money on a premise that only existed for EASY money.
>>
File: 1711595548807992.jpg (1.22 MB, 850x1315)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>3554993
>hit-your-prime-then-age-glacially model
Dunno buy realistically i couldnt' wait a single month to breed her, seriosuly, who could?
>>
>>3554259
It's sorta hard to gauge? A lot of people have substantial powers but they only work in certain circumstances. For example Bodhi Blastia do a lot of the heavy lifting for Vesperia's cast - without them (or with them rendered non-functional as is canon to the game), everyone who isn't Estelle is pretty much fucked. Rita goes from a death goddess to a malnourished 14 year old real fast as an example. Likewise, Hyperresonance is really strong, but you need matter-as-fonons for that to mean anything, and that only works in Abyss.

You also have to look at like... when you're taking the comparison in each game. Technically, Laphicet is Maotelus, and that puts the Berseria team way above the rest of their team's paygrade (and you still have to somehow add in the weird interactions with who can see/affect each other with Seraphs, Demons/Hellions). Dragon Eizen too too a lesser extent.

But anyways, this is my best shot. Looking at just the games that I've played (someone else can add others to it if they want) this is roughly how I'd order it.

>Symphonia
>Phantasia
>Berseria
>Zestiria
>Xilia 2
>Symphonia 2
>Xilia 1
>Abyss
>Vesperia
>Destiny
>Legendia

I value the Eternal Sword very highly here - it's sorta nuts what it can do, and despite the above mentioned nonsense with the B/Z cast, there's nothing else that really compares. Xilia 2 gets a step up because of the dimension stuff, and Milia, Muzet, and Ludger all together have a lot going for them.
Past that point it's mostly taking stock on the one or two people who are substantially overpowered in comparison to the rest of the group. Ratatosk/Emil wins that pretty handily imo.
I don't think the Swordians are enough to get Destiny any higher than that, Shirley as the Merines is cool but the strongest thing she (and from that all the other Legendia people weaker than her) can do is literally be a battery and die to fuel a cannon.
>>
>>3554101
Hasta
>>
>>3555115
Symphonia cast has the same caveat of jeweled bracelets that give them their ability to fight as kids. Without them they are weak
>>
>>3554259
Ludger is the strongest mc. His party has the best combined reputation in combat abilities. Jude being the weakest.
>>
>>3554587
Real question is
Why is Julius such a bottom?
>>
>>3555115
xillia 2 is easily the strongest, they have ludger and milla
also symphonia is quite possibly the weakest if we're going with the power artifact shit, since vesperia team only needs them to use artes, while the boys from symphonia need them to be strong in the first place (while the lads from phantasia don't)
>>
>>3555115
>I don't think the Swordians are enough to get Destiny any higher than that
Discounting Ludger, Luke, and the Eternal swordie, what feats does anyone else have even comparable to Dymlos awakening?
>>
>>3555350
Jude beat up Alvin, who one-shot Leia. Even without scaling, he'sclearly not the weakest.
>>
>>3539348
She was TRAPPED but unlike Goku, arguably not BETRAYED
>>
File: 1656531187670.jpg (67 KB, 538x707)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Need more Edna in this thread
>>
Need less Edna in this thread
>>
File: 162415677588.png (1.01 MB, 1004x1004)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>
>>3554259
Ludger is the strongest, and Xillia 2 has the strongest cast overall. By far.
>>
>>3555366
>>3555298
Bodhi Blastia also amplify physical strength the same way. Same with L/A orbs in the Xillia games.
My distinction between BB and exspheres is that exspheres are self contained, whereas BB still require ambient Aer to function much the same way that ambient fonons are needed for a lot of Abyss’ stuff. Symphonia also has a couple more sources of “outside power” that the Vesperia cast really doesn’t have - Sheena with her summoning pacts for example - and most importantly and the reason why this conversation doesn’t really matter, Symphonia 1 Lloyd has the Eternal Sword. And at that point the rest of the party is irrelevant.
Part of the reason why Z/B are so high, is that there’s a lot of stupid bullshit with how Malakim/Seraphim and Demons/Hellions work, in that ordinary people can’t interact with them outside of very specific circumstances (like those present in Berseria’s timeframe). Because of that a good chunk of the Z/B playable casts are just largely unfightable. And that’s before getting into Laphicet(Maotelus)Velvet/Sorey and their bullshit.

>>3555369
Look I’ll be straight with you - yes it was cool, but it’s essentially just a big explosion (and on the small scale of big explosions in the series) and then the entire cast never does anything remotely like that for the rest of the game. Aside from the technological feat of the floating continent, the power scaling in Destiny is pretty low (though Destiny 2 has time travel stuff so they might be a good chunk higher, but I haven’t played it so I can’t really give that answer).
Like I debated back and forth a lot on Destiny v Legendia, because objectively Shirley with the Legacy+Nerifes Cannon - just in terms of energy output - is one of the biggest attacks anything in the series has - but it kills her so that’s a serious enough drawback for it not to be considered here. And while I’m putting the Swordians above Grune/the rest of Legendia, it’s not enough.
>>
>>3555817
didn't berubeto job to a fall
>>
>>3555817
But it's a big explosion...that vaporized ALL the water in a big-ass lake...that he did at the START of the journey.
>>
>>3545495
many such cases.
>>
>People discounting Reid
Aurora is insanely powerful.
>>
File: IMG_1023.png (85 KB, 287x681)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>3534044
are xillia 1&2 good games to start with? i dont know anything abt them but i like ludger's design
>>
>>3556229
Plotwise they’re both sorta messes, and they go very hard on some of the popular anime tropes of the time (coming from battle harem shows) - so if that’s a turn off for you you might not like them as much.
BUT
The gameplay in both is a lot of fun, and that carries through most of the games’ systems, not just the combat. And the combat is really fun - the link mechanic is done really well and the way all the characters are differentiated through their unique mechanics is also really good. Jude’s snap pivot is a simple idea but it’s a blast to play with.

You would obviously play the first game first and the second game second.
>>
>>3556235
oh i dont rlly care about harems if the main guy is hot so thats ok, and im also p sure this series lets you do really long combos(?) so if these games are some of the funner ones i really want to play them- tysm!!!!
(and yeah, duh :)
>>
>>3556262
It’s not a harem (there is an obvious and clear main pairing), but it takes the same tropes from those kinds of shows. That’s what I’m saying.

And please don’t type like a retard.
>>
File: IMG_0641.jpg (38 KB, 304x224)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3556268
no ^^
>>
>>3555073
Ah, fair enough. I guess my joke was that if she can play the "looks 23 but is actually 300" card then the clock is ticking for US.

>>3556218
It sounds like no one comparing so far has played it
>>
>>3556218
I've thought about that, but it's been too long since I played Eternia. Mind giving me a feat refresher?
>>
I can't believe Raine had 2 underage boys to molest....she is so lucky....
>>
>>3556705
Milla.........
>>
>>3556705
Tear.........
>>
>>3556705
Lailah…
>>
>>3556705
Rean-sama.........
>>
>>3556796
Literally who.......
>>
>>3556796
Lol
>>
>>3555115
No amount of external objects will prevent Lloyd from dying to 1 (one) savage wolf fury
>>
>>3556628
>>3556359
Reid was blessed by his universe's god to use the divine aurora in order to defeat the modern vessel of a destroyer god. Eternia's cast also have devices that allow them to carry their summon spirit equivalents with them around the world in addition to winning their fights with just natural skill/training.
>>
>>3557024
how strong was that god
>>
>>3557057
Strong. Really you should just play the game.
>>
>>3557081
aight i will
>>
>>3553898
...and Veigue.
>>
does anyone have an image of the main characters from star ocean
>>
File: GPTzN23acAAnvTE.png (232 KB, 1024x576)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>
>>3557392
Dhaos showed up and one-shot them two milliseconds afterwards btw
>>
File: IMG_7486.jpg (74 KB, 450x600)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>3556235
Xillia to me leans more towards Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia in terms of gameplay despite being made by devs from various teams. Felt tighter than what I played of Arise.
>>
>>3557081
I was waiting for the skit restoration patch but it looks like that has only been implemented in the skit viewer area
>>
>>3557421
Reid is supposed to be 178 cm tall, why does he always look like a manlet in art?
>>
File: imagine.png (2.13 MB, 1405x1255)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>
File: 64891565_p4.jpg (708 KB, 2480x3507)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>
>>3557430
Kongman should be like a foot larger in all directions
>>
>>3557430
Imagine the Double Anal
>>
>Tales of Zestiria
>Character is a literal Earth element
>Can cast Ice/Water/Fire/Thunder/etc
>>
>>3557430
Why is Kongman so small
>>
>>3557647
Outside of Meebo, every seraph uses gear based on the element that they're strong against. Meebo does the opposite so its a self nerf.
>>
Tons of freebies before Rays EoS in 2 days. You can maximize at least one of your favorite character in Rays before the game become """Offline""" in 2 days
>>
Zestiria was ok
>>
>>3553951
Do you think she likes being rough with men?
Would she like it during sex if a guy humped her legs like a dog?
>>
>>3555371
Tbf He shot her in the back. Either Jude or Alvin can win that fight in game. But yeah leah may be the weakest
>>
>>3558210
Sure, the fight can go either way, but it still means Jude can win. And besides, I'm pretty sure Elize is weaker than both of them. What does she even do?
>>
finally in act III of Vesperia
>>
File: 1488723522214.jpg (149 KB, 1920x1080)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Armpits.
>>
Zelos or Kratos?
>>
>>3558275
Anal
>>
>>3558083
Raine is a tuna in bed until you start whispering various historical sites names in her ear
>>
kratos is shit
>>
>>
>>3558276
Both very good but in different flavors
>>
File: latest.png (264 KB, 500x607)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>3558083
To be fair she's probably a virgin. Spent all her time on research and raising Genis properly to have a man in her life.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>3558377
>he hasn't played the game
>>
Who is the most gar Tales character?
>>
Would they bang?
>>
Generic Shonen tropes is what killed Tales
>>
>>3558423
isn't that at the core of tales?
>>
>>3558426
Generic shonen tropes stopped being relevant since Naruto ended a decade ago. People tired of sudden egdyshit (because the world is a shithole already)
>>
>>3558429
yes, but that's what tales is. it's by far the most ANIME of all the relevant jrpg series.
>>
>>3558441
Anime isnt always shonen anon
>>
>>3558421
For experimentative purposes. Sure.
>>
>>3558083
She would probably step on your balls a couple of time just to see if you like it or not, she is the curious type, probably want to try every possibile fetish before getting an understanding.
>>
>>3558310
Secret cut postgame arc
>>
>>3558423
I don't know what tales you played but they always followed the shonen canvas, edgy or not that's the genre.
>>
I started Arise because of lewd mods
Does the story have twist?
>>
>>3558456
And thats why Tales have failed
>>
>>3558459
They... did like 20+ games what is the definition of failing for you?
>>
How many mainline games got released in last 10 years ? Ill wait
>>
>>3558461
>>3558460
>>
>>3558461
Who cares? JRPG today is on a complete downfall for new stuff, all stuff that sells are remake\masters\boot. If they started to re-release old stuff they surely get some sales.
>>
>>3558463
Dodging a question i see.
>>
>>3558305
Truthpilled.
>>
>>3558457
The racism is a hypocrisy.
The final boss is infodumped before the actual fight.
>>
>>3558461
About as many as most non-CoD franchises get
>>
>ESL
>Shits up the thread while obsessing about basic shounen anime
Wow. Stereotypes are always right.
>>
>>3558475
Have some balls to (You) me coward
>>
File: 1691723411082165.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>3558463
>started to re-release old stuff
Yeah figure to re-release stuff like abyss where you'll get anies censored because loli today are a no-no.
>>
>>3558461
3, which is more than JOB Ocean can say.
>>
File: 169567568561.png (434 KB, 1078x1624)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>3558488
>Anise
Not even Rita gonna passed the censorship
>>
File: 1694586932006299.jpg (2.83 MB, 2976x3968)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>3558523
What did they cut from my waifu?
>>
>>3558536
Nah i mean if Vesperia got remake some of her costumes will be censored or deleted.

Reminder Rita is short, flat, and 15yo
>>
>>3558542
Oh ok, but it's available on steam with the definitive i don't think they would do it. There are a billion tales prisioner of dead consoles, they should port those.
>>
>>3558542
definitive edition released only like 2 or 3 years ago anon
>>
File: Lloyd_Irving_(ToS_GC).png (817 KB, 721x1198)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
Lloyd Irving
>>
File: GHMJ2wFbIAEj165.jpg (546 KB, 1444x2048)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
fucking colette....i hate her....a parasite....nothing else....I want my daddy kratos...:(
>>
>>3558580
...has an atrocious hairline.
>>
>>3543262
god i wish they still made ps2 games
>>
OFFICIAL XILLIA POWER TIERS
Ludger
Milla
Gaius
Muzet
Jude
Rowen
Alvin
Leia
Elize
Discuss
>>
>>3558423
No because 80s 90s shonen shit was good. It's just that it now models after the shitty current shonen garbo
>>
Someone spotted Xillia remaster listed on a euro site.

Yay or gay?
https://www.smarty.cz/Vyhledavani?query=tales%20of%20xillia
>>
>>3558710
I have no idea
>>
>>3558710
I do NOT believe it
>>
>>3558710
>just Xillia 1
It's retarded enough that I believe it. That's exactly what I'd expect from Namco.
>>
File: sheena5.jpg (25 KB, 250x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3558421
I never played the sequel to symphonia (it looked shitty) so tell me they canonically bang and I'll believe you
>>
>>3558457
>Does the story have twist?
In the end we wuz Renans and shiet because the actual ayyylmaos deported ancient Danans into a space station for their planet draining keikaku, so racism ain't real
>>
>>3558761
They don't bang
>>
>>3558766
wha
>>
>>3558769
>>3558766
That's actually an apt description of the endgame because the writing falls apart even harder.
>>
Why is Kirito in Arise
>>
>>3558822
Collab DLC
>>
>>3558837
But why
>>
>>3558851
Sword Art was the in-thing, not sure at the moment, but it was still popular (also same seiyuu for Law/Kirito). Probably trying to get fans of that series to try out Arise.
Gachas tend to do that with collabs.
Might be also one of the reasons why Rays had TWO Sword Art collabs, unsurprisingly Law was one of the limited units on the Tales side for the second event.
Easy point of reference would be all of the franchises in Smash that people are familiar with, so they might be inclined to try them out. I'll admit I did that for Earthbound and Kirby since I liked Ness and Kirby in 64.
>>
>>3558868
>Law was one of the limited units
Correction: Law was one of the characters (Tales characters not from Asteria are permanent) with a limited cMA and 5* in that second event with Rinwell and someone else while already-limited Kirito and already-limited Asuna got eMAs and some blond guy and blonde girl from the anime were also limited units.
>>
>>3558868
I know the logic behind crossing over, but was SAO still a big deal in 2022?
>>
File: IMG_0650.gif (2.14 MB, 450x300)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB GIF
https://x.com/TalesDaily/status/1814344452292395503

It’s best girl’s day!!!!
>>
>>3558893
Probably got an update in the light novels.
>>
What did Arise do right?
>>
File: 1709831594126139.png (1.67 MB, 1719x455)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>3558769
Believe me, I wish I were joking but no, it's exactly like that if you wanna put it real simple
>>
>>3558710
i swear if it's for switch like ToS remastered and not combining the sequels.
>>
>>3559156
Just 1 + it'll be 30fps with dips + washed out colors. Take it or leave it. Namco sounds retarded enough to do this.
>>
kek, I told you doomer retards that they didn't just remove the old games from PSN for no reason. REMASTERS, MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>3559177
The washed out colors can be fixed on PC with the same reshade as the one used to solve the darkness issue on RPCS3 without the patch. They will 100% leave it as is, though. Maybe destroy the textures with AI upscale.
>>
File: DmVG-mdUUAEW4O_.png (2.11 MB, 830x1200)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
cute
>>
>>3558766
>>3558769
Vesperia third act writer wrote that so was expected.
Mainwhile the shitty Berseria/Zestiria writer wrote triangle strategy and other squenix games
>>
>>3558710
I don't trust bamco. They are gonna censore the shit out of it. I have it on ps3 so good for zoomers I guess but fuck off remasters now are not porting but always a reboot.
I'll gladly keep playing at 15 fps with the dark sun than eat more slop.
>>
>>3559327
Arise has Pantyshots
>>
>>3559237
Xilla 1 is still on the ps store 2 I don't know Europe never had it and i had to hunt all over my country to grab a copy. Got the steel box edition so worth.
>>
>>3559328
I don't care about pantyshots I am talking about agria, Elize and whatshisname going togheter, everything sexual Elize says, litterally everything around muzet. You really think that shit is gonna pass today?
>>
>>3559334
>Agria
Remind me what shes done again ?
>>
>trusting the same people that managed to fuck up symphonia twice
You people just love to be hurt.
>>
>>3559334
The world doesnt revolve on USA alone you retard
>>
>>3559335
>loli
>sexual tension and attitude
>deranged psycho not even funny as le joker
>murder people
>dies
This stuff can't be done today because she is a kid. Same thing because rinwell wasnt a loli and had layers of plot armor avoiding her to die or being hurt or her doing really bad things.
Also I forgot the cat milkers, they'll probably cover those.
>>
>>3559339
Take your daily meds.
>>
>>3559338
The last 15 years of game releases, Japan included, made me think different. Sorry but japan is no longer 90's Japan.
>>
>>3559340
Prove me wrong. Bring up a recent jrpg release,with at least a real loli or something agria tier. I can wait.
>>
>>3559341
Retard
>>
>>3559344
Lots of Gacha still has Loli and MurderLoli. You just havent play videogames lately because your brain has been Rentfree'ed by DEI
>>
>>3559351
>gacha
I thought it was implied but I need to be clear. I am talking about real videogames not scam jrpgs collections.
>>
>>3559353
Then Tales of Arise
Rinwell has similar build as Agria
If you play the game Edna is also in the game as well. And she wearing Panties, just like Shionne.
>>
>>3559354
>Tales of Arise
The game whose fist critics were "no skits and no loli" by basically everyone fan of the series.
>Rinwell has similar build as Agria
Not even close but ok.
>If you play the game Edna is also in the game as well.
Guest character which you acquire at the post ending dungeon and you see her for 5 minutes tops
>And she wearing Panties, just like Shionne.
Already said I wasn't taking about pantyshots.
>>
>>3559358
Whatever man. Im not coming here to listen to your doompost. Im getting too old for this shit. Doom and gloom what you want. In fact, just kill yourself. Get isekaied to Loli heaven i guess
>>
>>3559116
It made me chuckle by making me think of Retsupurae
>>
>>3559328
proof?
>>
>Xillia 1 remaster alone
>Not a collection with 2

I know I should never expect anything from Scamco but I’m still disappointed
>>
>>3559385
Not panties really it's just like the bottom of a swimsuit, just plain texture.
>>
File: 4478151d.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>3559385
>>
>>3559433
not of this thing
>>
>>3559334
>I am talking about agria
Agria is already censored in the original localization.
>>
https://x.com/Wario64/status/1814874890433863946
>>
>>3559475
Wow what exciting news that we haven't been talking about already for a day
>>
Yfw the Xillia remaster doesnt fix Milla’s lisp
>>
File: tabasa.png (1.46 MB, 1920x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Symphonia pantsushot
>>
File: cutelos.png (1.85 MB, 1920x1080)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
zelloyd is cute, of course zelos is my top priority
>>
File: toska.png (581 KB, 1014x648)
581 KB
581 KB PNG
>mrw i was too nice to regal and cucked myself out of kratos' route
>>
>>3559588
>>3559590
>>3559599
Why are the character models in this game so intrinsically funny?
>>
How is Vesperia compared to Symphonia? Who should I focus on? Is vesperia harder than tos? Who is a jobber?
>>
>>3559590
>>
>>3559477
I'm not on /vrpg/ very much...
>>
>>3559610
Judith doesn't play like how she was specifically designed until like NG+ grade shop transfers.
Karol is a slow build unit. He's usually the first one benched for most players, but he has his merits (although you have to work for them to make him work).
Rita is busted thanks to the overlimit system.
Repede can steal.
Raven is designed as a jack but some players vouch for him being a better healer than Estelle for most of the game.
ToS is piss easy compared to ToV.
>>
>>3559610
Yuri is the best
>>
File: EV5EyTFUcAMbGY0.jpg (383 KB, 3373x2196)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
these two have the best hetero cis sex!
>>
i like luke fon fabre
>>
how do i beat kuchinawa
>>
>>3559744
Canon.
>>
File: GOqkZ7uaYAAGFn9.jpg (547 KB, 1536x2048)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
Yuribros?
>>
>>3559812
before the fight make sheena cook enough curry that she's a few hits from overlimiting in battle (test it on regular monsters) and save the game, then just git gud (it took me 11 tries i think but i managed to do it at level 45? the first time around)
>>
muzet and gaius playable in remaster?
>>
>>3559906
it's a weird pic because Yuri is 22
>>
>>3559588
>>3559590
Lol
Shithole letters
>>
>>3559744
...after Yuri and his wife Judith.
>>
>>3559812
Generally you just don’t do it for a bit until Sheena’s leveled up some more.
You don’t have to do the fight right when you’re able to, so just don’t go back to Mizuho for a couple hours.
That aside - learn how to block, avoid hits, and combo like you already should have. Equipping a holy symbol for the fight is also a solid idea
>>3560064
You don’t need to do this.

>>3559610
I feel like Symphonia generally has more “unfair” feeling fights in it? In Vesperia you can skill diff your way through most of the game pretty consistently. How much problems you’ll have doing that is up to how good you are.
The very start of the game is probably where you’re going to feel the most out of sorts - there’s a particular boss a couple dungeons in that’s known as a wall that you’re probably going to have trouble with.
>Who should I focus on/Who’s a jobber
Learn to play all 9 characters. They all play substantially differently from each other, you lose out on a lot if you just play one for the ~150 hours you can get from a ToV:DE playthrough.
>>
>>3559616
That doesn't stop you from reading the fucking thread.
>>
what are your favorite costumes in tales of vesperia?
>>
>>3560366
www.reddit.com/r/tales
>>
>>3559620
Outside of probably Sheena, the cast in Symphonia is pretty straightforward to use and so the AI can handle them adequately with the right setup.
As for Raven, IIRC Love Shot needs a lot of uses for it to become a reliable alternative to Estelle. You're better off using Repede as your backup healer instead with his item share skill.
>>
Patty breaks Vesperia in half.
>>
>>3560470
i've been using her so much
>>
File: GP_igW3bEAMXFna.jpg (640 KB, 4096x2364)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
>>3559599
Should've played the gamecube version
>>
>>3560470
>>3560487
Patty's super fun. you can just go ham with her strings

>>3560460
For the price of going to the inn twice to top off your TP and spending five minutes throwing out arrows (and this is only if you want to rush it right away because it's super easy to get the uses just playing him normally or having him in your party as an NPC) you don't have to think about it ever again and its super effective.
The thing with Repede is that his item build comes online at about the same time as high-level Judith does. And costs about the same in SP? You don't get the equipment that make it good until at the very end or after the end of the game. In contrast Raven gets Love Shot at level 31.
It's not really comparable.
>>
What is the point of affection past the Flanoir scene?
>>
>>3559604
An halfway between chibi and realistic. They look like a puppet show with strings not with hand in ass.
>>
File: lrmhr95Lna1qh0c56.jpg (48 KB, 500x667)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3560366
Heroic Actress
>>
File: IMG_23456.jpg (226 KB, 500x649)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>3560574
It still affects some things. For instance for some of the sidequests where you get costume titles, you get Lloyd's outfit, the outfit of a person you get to directly choose, and then the 2 people who have the highest affection values get the last 2 outfits. And the person you pick for Flanoir can not be one of those highest 2 for various reasons (eg. you picked Kratos, you picked the 3rd choice and there was a gap between them, you've gained/lost significant amounts of affection since then, etc.)
I think it affects the rate of which end of battle quotes you get? Probably other small stuff like that too.

>>3559604
It's a good art style.
>>
>>3559812
Well I just beat him on my first try by setting Sheena on auto(she is shit) and getting her a luin weapon
>>
>>3560603
Presea so cute and soft! I want to hug her (from behind).
>>
>>3560366
Probably Rita's Catgirl Waitress.
>>3560593
This one's really good too. My Estelle also always wore glasses as part of her outfits.
>>
File: zelloyd.png (2.32 MB, 1920x1080)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
fuck colette
>>
>>3560535
Repede gets Karakaze +1 after like Deidon. He's a really useful support for a long time even if he doesnt have everything.
>>
>>3560623
Man i wish, but it's the last girl i would fuck in that game.
>>
>>3560674
The skills you're thinking of are different. Item Thrower - which is what Karakaze + 1 gives you - is just an ability that allows you to use items on other characters. Every character in the game gets it, it's pretty basic.

The unique skills that make Repede's item use worth it - Item Amplifier, Speedy Item, Item Amplifier 2, and Multi-Item (the one you're thinking of that lets you target everyone at one) - aren't available until right at the end of act 2, immediately before Tarqaron, in the post game, and in the Necropolis of Nostalgia respectively.
You can quite literally get Brionic before you have access to most of his stuff.
>>
>>3560686
The thing about Repede is that he tends to get his item skills earlier than the others. For example, he gets Item Thrower and Pro 1 less than 3 hours into the game. Combine that with his near perfect availability, he can come in clutch for stuff like Schwann and Gattuso. I recall Love Shot being a bit inconsistent since the arrows prioritize women first etc.
>>
Played Zestiria, Berseria, finishing Symphonia. Should I play Vesperia or Arise? Which one is more satisfying?
>>
>>3560952
Just find some keys to jingle in front of your face, shit eater.
>>
>>3561206
God eater ?
>>
>>3561206
found the yurifag
>>
File: kratosdirk.png (2.26 MB, 1920x1080)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
comfy
>>
File deleted.
kid estelle and kid yuri
>>
dammit flynn i've seen your entire Arte's, use your mystic arte against me! why wont you activate it! I need it for the secret mission.
>>
>>3561281
Use yours first.
>>
>>3561247
Genshippuden impact
>>
Arise is for toddlers
>>
File: GGSmSVNW8AAvKSS.jpg (80 KB, 900x900)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>3561247
black and pink.....hmmm.....it's the best
>>
File: 1691905116434208.png (67 KB, 1090x524)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Say, do any of you know what page is picrel from?
Someone posted it in one of the Xilia remaster threads on >>>/v/, but I'm range banned there and the thread was already archived.
>>
>>3561495
https://github.com/lifebottle/lifebottle.github.io
>>
>>3561517
Beautiful, thank y-
>https://github.com/lifebottle/Tales-of-Phantasia-X/releases
>There aren’t any releases here
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Thanks Anon. I'm out.
>>
>>3560952
Vesperia
>>
daily reminder that graces' "awesome button" combat would lead to the franchise's downfall
>>
>>3559358
>fist critics were "(...) no loli" by basically everyone fan of the series.
No they weren't. Go cry elsewhere, third-world lolifaggot.
>>
>>3559358
The biggest complaints were enemies being hp sponges (make better accessories retard), the miniboss/boss class enemies being unstaggerable which causes moves with huge start up frames to be bad/useless in many fights. 4chan is the only place where I saw people making a stink over no Edna like character.
>>
Is Milla allowed to watch while Jude fucks Leia?
>>
>>3561582
please don't consider the edna faggot as part of us. Everyone here wants him dead too.
>>
>>3561609
More like Leia watching while Jude does it with Milla.
>>3561582
On that note, Arise version of the around/backstep system used in other games is so dumb. Would have preferred if perfect guards/dodges were standard across the entire team. Shionne having no proper G to A arte (so her AI will never use aerial artes) or Kisara's ONE aerial arte for a long time being optional content is stupid too. On top of one global AI setting.
I dont despise Arise but man, it was rough and you can feel it.
>>
>>3558675
This but Alvin above Rowen
>>
>>3561570
And it's still better than your favorite Tales game. Crazy.
>>
>>3561672
>generic seething response
Berseriacuck.......
>>
>>3561674
i believe the creature to be a zestiriatroon actually
>>
File: GPOspHpXEAAc_uH.jpg (123 KB, 1000x1000)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>
>>3561712
Cute
>>
>>3561615
>Everyone
No
>>
>>3561615
>Everyone
Yes
>>
>>3561615
>Everyone
Maybe
>>
>>3561615
>Everyone
Anal
>>
>>3561998
attack route when we find the ednatard btw
>>
File: GMDJq1IawAAHpp9.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Why do people like yuri? He is an edgy and sarcastic piece of shit?
>>
File: 5544601[1].jpg (3.5 MB, 2130x1373)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
It's happening.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/07/rumour-tales-of-xillia-remaster-for-ps5-ps4-possibly-leaked
>>
>>3562310
....only ps? ;_;
>>
>>3562322
>new product listings for 'Tales of Xillia Remastered', across PS5, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox Series
>the games appear to have been registered to Bandai Namco as unique products in Europe
Probably PC/Steam too, it's just PC has no physical, hence no listings.
>>
>>3562322
xbox series = pc nowdays.
I hope is just a porting with a better lightning and not "adapted for modern audiences".
>>
>>3562297
I dunno but i would like to see some yuri between those three.
>>
>>3562297
who is the girl on the left
>>
>>3562401
Rondoline
>>
>>3562297
He is a chad who solos your fav (unless it's Ludger)
That simple
>>
I cant stop jerking off to Edna.
Every day, all day
>>
>>3562415
suddenly Ludger is my favorite character
>>
File: 1712744811606[1].jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>3562384
They're 100% changing certain lines.
>>
How's innocence r compared to ds? Is the combat just spamming artes into stunned targets who dont tech out? At least based on some of the videos that ive seen.
>>
>>3562415
Yuri's a pretty weak MC in the grand scheme of things, he gets folded by most MCs in the series because the only thing he has is a generic bodhi blastia, meanwhile you have people like Cless who have timespace bullshit, Luke's Fonon™ bullshit or Shing who can cut through small planets Getter Style by simply being very horny for Kohaku, he's probably on the same power level as the more "normal" MCs like Stahn, Senel or Reid but can't touch the true broken bullshit MCs
>>
>>3562490
>Reid
>Normal
LOL
>>
>>3562482
Overall, not as much of an improvement compared to Hearts > Hearts R.
You do get blue mage Kongwai and speedy-not-Judith QQ to play with though.
>>
>>3562540
Hearts -> Hearts R isn't an improvement, it's a sidegrade at best.
>>
>>3562551
This.
>>
>>3562518
Outside of the Aurora bullshit Reid's not batshit levels of broken, hence "normal".
>>
>>3562574
>Outside of the thing that makes him special then he's normal.
Aurora is also an inherent ability that he learned, not an external factor like the Eternal Sword.
>>
>>3562482
>Is the combat just spamming artes into stunned targets who dont tech out?
Enemies in the R games have the ability to counter, which triggers at different points in your combo depending on the enemy (some enemies do it more often than others). The player has the ability to counter that counter with a timed button press, resetting your arte chain and allowing you to continue your combo. Also, as your combo counter gets higher, your attacks have shorter hitstun, making it harder to continue your combos.
>>
>>3562468
Exactly, i don't really care because i have it on ps3 still i cant trust scamco today. They will try to cancel everything, no matter the niche.
>>
>>3562583
Aurora's not particularly noteworthy compared to other MC's powers or abilities, Ras learned it although not completely and he was the one who gave Reid the motivation to learn it, Reid's not particularly high in the powerlevel category, same with people like Stahn, he doesn't have brokenass magical artifacts, unique OC donutsteel superpowers or an ancient demon stand, he's just a strong guy who mastered a strong technique that other people could also use.
I'm not hating on Reid or anything, hell Eternia was my first Tales and I still look back on it very fondly, but he's objectively not high in the powerlevel list, Ruca could probably beat his ass, especially since Reid is a lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>3562680
Your rating scheme is inconsistent because you're handwaving powers with actual feats like Reid and discussing Yuri without Blastia while hyping up Cless with the ES.
>>
File: Yuri wa shock.png (1.75 MB, 1280x1440)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
>>
>>3562490
Cress having a teleport doesn't change the fact that Savage Wolf Fury by itself is a ridiculous speed feat
>>
>>3562490
>Stahn
>Normal
>>
>>3562811
SURPRISEDri
>>
Is it true Edna likes sex especially anal
>>
>>3562490
But Yuri>Kratos and Kratos=<Lloyd
>>
I like Kratos because I like dads
>>
Why does Stahn have chad hair
>>
>>3563726
But Karol+Estelle+Patty+Raven > Yuri+Flynn+Rita+Repede+Judith and Yuri+Rita+Repede+Flynn > Karol+Patty+Raven+Judith+Estelle
>>
>>3564091
Yuri>Karol+Estelle+Patty+Raven btw
>>
i played halfway through zestiria a few years ago and was very disappointed to find out that sorey x mikleo was just fujo shipping and not real
>>
>>3564154
They kiss after the final boss
>>
>>3564159
no fucking way
>>
Playing poker at Nam Coband Isle and man it sucks when you have to guess high or low.
>>
>>3564346
But it’s rigged it your favour? Just pick the right answer - never settle for anything less than the max
>>
>>3564154
Man they fatigue to canonize hero and heroine romances figures if they did something so bold as going full homo.
(i felt for it too, don't worry).
>>
>>3554058
Did Arche fuck all the dudes in the team at one point or another?
>>
>>3564466
Extremely plausibile. She's also into suzu, if you do the "bad" ending in her spinoff game she basically assault her and go full yuri.
>>
>>3564467
The full blooded elves hate halfsies like Arche cus they're Stacies/Chads.
>>
Next thread must use a Luca pic for the OP
>>
>>3564154
>>3564460
The closest thing to a heroine in Zestiria is Mikleo so its not surprising. Sure as hell isn't Alisha.
>>
>>3559327
You should be worried about them selling unplayable garbage like they did with Symphonia, not about the phantoms in your head. I'm so sick of fucking retards like you.
>>
>>3559327
Why in God's name do you think they're gonna censor the game
What the fuck is there to censor
>>
>>3564634
Xillia's already censored anyways, Agria's death scene.
>>
>>3564641
How
>>
>>3564722
She doesn't have her middle finger up as she falls in one of the scenes in the non-JP versions
>>
>>3564722
They didnt show her crushed, splattered body after falling from heights

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.