[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: KingdomdaysNA.jpg (61 KB, 256x228)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Is this a good entrypoint to the series? I've never played KH before, always thought it looked like a casual FF but now I'm curious to see why so many are obsessed with it.
>>
>>3535433
>Is the middle of a series a good entrypoint?
>>
>>3535433
This is like the worst entry point possible
>>
>>3535433
...why would you even consider anything other than starting with the fucking first game?
>>
File: image.png (1.22 MB, 1212x838)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>3535433
You are literally going into the game that takes place after the sequel to the first numbered game and provides a lot of backstory to an important character in the second numbered game. Bad idea, it's also not that good a game, to be honest. If you want to get into Kingdom Hearts properly, play them in this order; Kingdom Hearts 1, Chain of Memories (GBA preferably), Kingdom Hearts 2, 358/2 Days, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, then Kingdom Hearts 3.

358 and BBS provide a lot of backstory context for several side characters, but they're not all that important. Chain of Memories is absolutely mandatory though, it sets up the plot of 2 and skipping it means you wont understand the story.
>>
Kingdom hearts 1 - > kingdom hearts 2 - > birth by sleep - > kingdom hearts 3

Probably the best order to play the games in.
>>
>>3535433
Release order anon, release order. Doesn't matter what you think
>>
>>3535671
You forgot Chain of Memories, Organization XIII is the backbone of it.
>>
>>3535433
I wouldn't say it's the best place to start, there's a lot of context from other games that will be missing, but it is standalone enough that you could. It’s the first game I played too.
>>
>>3535620
This.
Way back in the day when dinosaurs roamed the land and we had to play games on the Unga64, I asked my friends if Chain of Memories was good and they said, "It's basically the same game, you go through the same areas, you just attack with stupid cards," and I thought I saved myself some time by not playing it. Skipped right straight to Kingdom Hearts 2.

Was asking the entire game why there weren't 13 members of Organization 13.
>>
File: 1714600361563271.gif (145 KB, 756x958)
145 KB
145 KB GIF
I tried playing kh1 for 10 hours and did not enjoy a single second of it. In fact, it may have been one of the worst things I have ever played in my entire life.
>>
>>3536031
You should play more video games.
>>
>>3536031
You are just an avatar fag with bad taste
>>
>>3535433
its the only game worth playing in the series so yes. if you want context for the story you are better off reading the manga.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.