[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Currently thinking of a earthbound like rpg game with urban setting but with no fantasy elements.
It's gonna be a very small game and is more of a learning project for me rather than a game to sell.
The protagonist would be 12 year old kid with weapons like - baseball bat, firecrackers, bottle rockets. The players would fight enemies like school bullies, angry protesters, cops, gangsters etc.
Also battle mechanics are gonna be similar to earthbound battle. It's extremely simple so i think I would add a bit of strategy elements to it.
What are your thoughts people? Also any ideas for plot? Something really new rather than old saving the whole world plot ?
>>
>>3536363
>Earthbound - inspired game
Wow man, very original. That sounds super cool and unique and something anyone will really give a shit about. I'm particularly interested in how you have no concept for a story and are asking Randoms for ideas.
>>
>>3536363
sounds incredibly boring desu, sometthing i would buy for $5 to pass the time and not rlly expecting much. if you made them adults you could at least have had the urban setting actually compliment the story (kind of like the yakuza games?)
>>
>>3536366
Well concept for a story is clearly there in my post, maybe read it again carefully? .
>>
>>3536368
Well honestly the setting seems kind of boring but i want something not done before. Tho the focus is gonna be on gameplay so i think I would focus on battle mechanics more to make it a fun game.
Also I intend it to be a free game.
>>
>>3536366
Fpbp
>>
>>3536363
might as well talk to the people on the board who have demonstrated the skill required to actually make the game.
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3425351/#3427649
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3363288/#3437571
>>
>>3536381
oh ok thats p cool, with games more focused on being fun i guess it doesnt rlly matter so long as the music is good too, or most people will prolly forget abt it. gl anon
>>
>>3536363
Isnt that just English Yakuza?
>>
File: daddy.jpg (59 KB, 1024x576)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>3536755
we're gonna make them hate yakuza help >>3536368
op pls ignore us ^^

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.