[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: moonelves.jpg (607 KB, 1920x1200)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
Is Oblivion hard to mod nowadays? Any up to date guides?
>>
Are you working in IT?
>>
>>3537303
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/51105
>>
>>3537367
>guide by the viva new vegas faggot
awful
>>
>>3537375
it's time to move on from oscuro's oblivion overhaul, grandpa
>>
>>3537378
For me, it’s Morrowinds “Passive Healthy Wildlife”
>>
>>3537378
maskar's, granny ;)
>>
File: enb2017_2_26_2_42_31.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1200)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>3537303
just go on the nexus, install vortex, and read through the top 3 pages in each mod category and download what you like. most of the popular mods will be easy to install and will likely have patches if needed for compatibility.
>inb4 everyone hates on vortex
it works perfectly well for 95% of users and is the quickest and easiest option for beginners.
>>
Modding is way over rated. The "no obsolete loot" and creature mods are okay though.
>>
>>3537568
Don't you need Wrye Bash and other esoteric tools for Oblivion?
>>
>>3537649
No
>t. recently played a lightly modded Oblivion and didn’t need it
>>
>>3537672
>lightly modded oblivion
there's the problem. you didnt do shit but throw some flowers and faggots into your game and think that's gonna count for heavy mods that do need wyre bash and stuff. thinking your experiences are everyones going forward.
>>
>>3537303
I hear people from tesg say that after modding the game becomes incredibly unstable no matter what but that's not my experience at all. Then again I never used all those overhauls last updated in 2009 either.
Just get ENB(oost) even if you dont use the graphics stuff you need it so the game doesnt crash from heavy modding. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>3537677
>you just HAVE to install 6,000,000 mods or you didn’t even play the game!!! I don’t even know what mods I’m installing, I just consoom modlist!
No.
>>
it's kinda crazy how people can't even mod games anymore. though, i guess they always existed, but they were embarrassed to admit it. but now you've got these proud consoletards posting about modding.
>>
I also recently played oblivion again and i used only nexus mod manager. I admit it's light modding (mainly tweaks like bow damage etc.) and i still had some problems (load order) by being a retard. I'm just used to ancient method of just moving files to data folder and eventually fucking up everything.
>>
>>3537703
Didnt say install 6mil mods I said thats not everyones experience going forward compared to your flowers and faggot light modding dumb retard. typical add a bunch of crap that wasnt said and run with it as fact behavior from a nu-male swine
>>
>>3537935
>typical add a bunch of crap that wasnt said and run with it as fact
Literally what you did, retard.
>>
>>3537937
>is X always necessary for Y?
>no, I did Y and didn't need X, therefore, X is not always necessary for Y
>Hurr you did Y wrong, I can't believe you're saying that no one would ever need X, stop projecting
>>
>>3537937
no read it again I said others using more mods need wrye bash not you need to install 6mil mods. you're trying to twist things now anon stop that its soulless subhuman behavior to do that. you arent a subhuman soulless are you? stop twisting my words because you desperately need it to mean something else so you can get some lame online gotchya and your life matters for 0.2 seconds. sad sad pathetic soulless subhuman.
>>
>>3537932
>I also recently played oblivion again and i used only nexus mod manager. I admit it's light modding (mainly tweaks like bow damage etc.) and i still had some problems (load order) by being a retard. I'm just used to ancient method of just moving files to data folder and eventually fucking up everything.
For Morrowind I'd just manually adjust the load orders, and for Oblivion and Skyrim I'd just use Mod Organizer 2. The situation in which one would need Wyre Bash would be if one is attempting to use multiple mods that are editing the same records in the game, which would result in conflicts/things overwriting each other/things breaking. Highly situational and it depends on how many mods one is using and what their scope is.
>>
>>3537940
>no read it again I said others using more mods need wrye bash
You should try reading it again instead of sperging the fuck out. I didn't say that no one would ever need it, I said it's false that everyone always needs it. You leapt to assuming that I said something I didn't and then started ranting about faggots and flowers, surely topics perpetually close to your heart.
>>
>>3537945
>he's still autisming out over getting rekt
stop virgin you wont ever get a female being so mentally unstable and easily broken over being wrong. total ick behavior. are you a nu-male that likes ponys by chance?
>>
Which is better to mod to play as a loli, Oblivion or Skyrim?
>>
>>3538057
ask on atf
>>
>>3537303
it doesn't help that the average mod is like 10 years old that's for sure, I recently played a modded morrowind and despite it being older most of the most are recent
>>
>>3537978
You are embarrassing yourself, anon. I feel sorry for you. I hope you get well.
>>
>>3538057
Skyrim
>>
File: 6tju34j.jpg (1.42 MB, 3840x2160)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
I use a Wabbajack Modlist. Specifically, I use "Heartland Redux."
>inb4 pre made modlist

I realised forever ago that when I play Oblivion I don't actually want to "fix" the gameplay or radically alter it for the most part, I just wanna play the comfy game I remember but have it look nicer and run better. That's what Heartland Redux is.

Visually it's an offshoot of the "Bevelix" list or whatever that one big list everyone used was. You can still add whatever you want to it in terms of fixing level scaling or whatever, because it's almost entirely graphics based. However it does expand/improve some dungeons and cities/settlements.

That's all I use and I'm happy with it.
>>
>>3538311
https://loadorderlibrary.com/lists/heartland-redux

here's the list if you wanna check it. Like I said, mostly just bugfix and graphics
>>
>>3538311
>>3538313
Hmm, sounds good, but where did you find this modlist? I googled for a bit, and there's barely any info on it, just some streamer's playthrough on YT.
>>
>>3537375
What's wrong with Viva New Vegas?
>>
>>3538390
That song sucks.
>>
>>3538390
It has been taken over by the fags and the original creator is no longer involved.
>>
>>3538451
>It has been taken over by the fags and the original creator is no longer involved.
Do you have to shoehorn Disco Elysium into every thread on this board?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.