[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: My vision is augmented.png (315 KB, 640x480)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
Well, /vrpg/? Have you read Fahrenheit 451? If not, you didn't beat System Shock 2 or Deus Ex.
>>
The CYOA general really needs to be deleted.
>>
File: 8477.jpg (18 KB, 300x420)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I've read it localized.
>>
>>3556388
>not Rankine, or at least Kelvins
NGMI
>>
>>3556386
It's out of control at this point.
>>
>>3556385
>Fahrenheit 451
>faggot writes a book because of "muh nazi book burnings"
>also the "red scare"
ray hackbury
>>
>>3556386
what's the relation? i autohide those threads.
>>
>>3556396
Thankfully Spector said he'd never create another game like this these days because it'd give ammunition to vile reactionaries who think our honest bankers and politicians would ever do anything wrong ever.
>>
>>3556397
The retards from those generals are spamming off topic threads non-stop. The modus operandi is basically to bump their general then blow off topic diarrhea everywhere.
>>
>>3556399
>Thankfully Spector said he'd never create another game like this these days because it'd give ammunition to vile reactionaries who think our honest bankers and politicians would ever do anything wrong ever.
That made me completely lose the respect I had for him. I think the game flew too close to the sun (ICARUS IS WATCHING YOU). Outright names the Rothschilds. The "texture limitations" leading to the WTC being dropped from the skyline along with all the business about the false flag bombing of the statue were a little too on the nose.
>>
any other games based on books?
>>
yeah I read it, didn't play those games tho, did I pass them by default?
>>
>>3556404
A Boy And His Dog (Wasteland -> Fallout)
I Have No Mouth And I Must Screams
Witcher, obviously
Sword of Shanarra
Rainbow Six
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Technically, Spec Ops: The Line is based on Heart of Darkness but that's a pretty big stretch
>>
>>3556404
Betrayal at Krondor (Riftwar Saga)
Dune
American McGee's Alice
>>
>>3556409
Fallout is also based on A Canticle for Leibowitz.
>>
>>3556385
Yes, it was a trash book
>>
>>3556396
>"muh nazi book burnings"
For some reason, they never told me what books it was that they were burning
>>
>>3556409
well obviously Dune too, and other bullshit LOTR games
>>
>>3556409
>Sword of Shanarra
art looks really cool, how about gameplay?
>>
>>3556396
wasn't even really the book burnings, dude just hated television so much he made the most embarrassing cope in the world. The ending of Fahrenheit is comically bad and I have no idea why it is treated as a classic of literature.
People who put it on the same level as Brave New World or 1984 need to be lined up against a wall.
>>
>>3556486
nah, he changed the reasons behind the books throughout the years. guy created a television show in the 80s. he was just a hack.
>>
>>3556485
>art looks really cool, how about gameplay?
I played it when I was a kid and had fun but honestly it’s probably closer to a point and click adventure game with some RPG elements than a full blown true RPG
>>
>>3556486
I mostly just really like the monologue that captain Beatty gives to Guy Montag. also I always thought it was funny that I’m the StarCraft campaign editor, the hero firebat was named guy montag
>>
>>3556396
You low int, low reading comprehension retards are the bane of intellectual discussion. 451 wasn't mainly about book burning stupid nigger. It was about the breakdown of genuine human discussion and interaction, and it's replacement with a never ending stream of superficial and one sided parasocial or high stimulus garbage.

The parlor wall, 'shells', and neighbor girl and her family are all far more significant than the actual burning of books. It's about the incineration of unique thought itself, something you're clearly a victim of. Now go back to pretending you're friends with your favorite twitch streamer Mildred.
>>
>>3557178
Yeah, it's called a strawman, as if humanity doesn't consist of ostracization or that this phenomenon isn't vital. "If it wasn't for the bad groupthinkers, we'd all be special snowflake geniuses!"

Garbage cope from commie faggots who are just trying to keep from being pruned.
>>
>>3557202
Bradbury called out and crucified discord addicts, twitch junkies, SSRI takers, and airpod owners and they're only response is to deflect by making fun of the book burning.
>>
>>3557230
Those are all products of a society that didn't burn enough books.
>>
>>3557235
85IQ take.
>>
>>3557295
>85
>take
midwit detected
>>
>>3556386
Are they like the /vrpg/ equivalent of /tg/'s Jumpchain threads? I hate those faggots.
>>
>>3557299
Good careers for someone with 85 IQ
>car wash attendant
>assembly line worker
>delivery driver
>food service worker
There's still hope for you anon.
>>
>>3557367
The fact you have to go to 85 to consider it insulting is... telling.
>>
>>3557401
I'm being generous.
>>
>>3557404
140 ;)
>>
>>3557230
>You can't build a house without nails and wood. If you don't want a house built, hide the nails and wood. If you don't want a man unhappy politically, don't give him two sides to a question to worry him; give him one. Better yet, give him none. Let him forget there is such a thing as war. If the Government is inefficient, top-heavy, and tax-mad, better it be all those than that people worry over it.
>Peace, Montag. Give the people contests they win by remembering the words to more popular songs or the names of state capitals or how much corn Iowa grew last year. Cram them full of non-combustible data, chock them so damned full of 'facts' they feel stuffed, but absolutely `brilliant' with information. Then they'll feel they're thinking, they'll get a sense of motion without moving. And they'll be happy, because facts of that sort don't change.
>Don't give them any slippery stuff like philosophy or sociology to tie things up with. That way lies melancholy. Any man who can take a TV wall apart and put it back together again, and most men can nowadays, is happier than any man who tries to slide-rule, measure, and equate the universe, which just won't be measured or equated without making man feel bestial and lonely. I know, I've tried it; to hell with it.
>So bring on your clubs and parties, your acrobats and magicians, your dare-devils, jet cars, motor-cycle helicopters, your sex and heroin, more of everything to do with automatic reflex. If the drama is bad, if the film says nothing, if the play is hollow, sting me with the theremin, loudly. I'll think I'm responding to the play, when it's only a tactile reaction to vibration.
>But I don't care. I just like solid entertainment.
>>
>>3557367
Anon, 13% of the country has a mean IQ of 84 and they seem to get cushy government jobs just fine for some reason
>>
>>3559525
>waaah people are dumb and panem et circenses and consent is manufactured or else we'd be happy commies philosophizing in the evening.
the true hackery of a man drowning in subjectivity, pumping out drek for coin, and thinking he's superior for it. the sky is falling, always.
>>
>>3556440
Nazi's raided Magnus T. Hirschfelds(who was one of the first activists for trans rights he developeda system which categorised 64 possible types of genders and coined the term transsexual in 1923) Institute Of Sex Research and burned a bunch of books about transexualism and other lgbt topics.
>>
>>3556385
As expected, thread with the most potential for organic discourse gets swarmed by a pack of drooling plebs.
>>
>>3556486
>People who put it on the same level as Brave New World or 1984 need to be lined up against a wall.
the only book i've read that i would put on that level is a scanner darkly.
>>
>>3556417
Fallout is based on different movies and books.
>>
File: 1708713547313481.jpg (17 KB, 285x303)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
We could have had an awesome deus ex thread but you made this awful thing instead. What the hell is wrong with people here? Why is it so hard to play games?
>>
>>3556386
Why do you hate reading so much?
>>
is deus ex really an rpg? i mean it's got elements sure but ehh idk. i once made a castlevania thread which i would say is closer to an rpg but jannies didn't consider it one.
well in any case it is a very good game at least.
>>
>>3564996
Nope, it has RPG elements for sure, but the game is a hybrid of a lot of genres, Stealth/FPS/RPG/Adventure. RPG nerds just like to claim any game as an RPG with the "one drop rule" because they think that means it is better.
>>
>>3561399
OP picrel is me playing Deus Ex, you absolute Mongoloid.
>>
>>3565094
Why did you choose the gep gun anon? I always felt the sniper is the best choice
>>
>>3565140
It's the universal lockpick.
>>
File: 1721285735160257.gif (80 KB, 510x510)
80 KB
80 KB GIF
>>3556385
never read Fahrenheit 451 but I did read The Man Who Was Thursday and Napoleon of Notting Hill
>>
>>3565148
>The Man Who Was Thursday
I was surprised to find out this is a real book, I thought it was made up for the game. Is it good?
There's a Gravity's Rainbow reference in the 'Ton hotel, in the guest log there's an Oberst Enzian
>>
File: 9780141191461.jpg (40 KB, 293x450)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3565149
yes it is good
>>
>>3565140
you can get the other two weapons on liberty island

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.