[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000047592.jpg (16 KB, 237x212)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
what Dragon Quest game should I play if I'm not that fan of traditional RPGs but I'm trying to get into them, picrel is the best Dragon Quest game and the only one I played but I'm open to recommendations
>>
>>3556405
If you don't like rpgs you shouldn't be here. This is a board specifically for rpgs.
>>
>>3556406
at least read the damn post, I said I'm trying to get into them, Pokemon just wasn't my thing but I want to try Dragon Quest
>>
File: 1234524651235235.jpg (79 KB, 500x574)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Yeah I have to agree with this >>3556406 but assuming you are geniune then Dragon Quest Monsters 2 was the first rpg I played ever, before even pokemon. Both 1&2 are great but for you I'd start here.
>>
>>3556410
>I said I'm trying to get into them
Don't. Fuck off.
>>
>>3556410
>I said I'm trying to get into them
Then get into them and stop trying to orbit them. If you think you have to "ease" into them then they aren't for you. Stop shitting up the board and just accept rpgs aren't your cup of tea. No harm in that, better for everyone.
>>
>>3556418
well thank you
>>
>>3556405
if you don't like traditional rpgs dragon quest is not for you. but if you want something to "ease you in" from the series either go with 8 or 11.
with 11 pick the definitive edition on pc and use mods to improve the graphics, with 8 you either emulate ps2 or play 3ds with the orchestral soundtrack mod
>>
9 was kino
>>
>>3556690
>9 was kino
Especially if you had some friends to play with. I had two buddies who bought the game day one with me, and we all played together throughout the summer. Shit was cash. I must have put over 600 hours on that fucking game, especially with the endless, post-game generated dungeons to explore and the crazy rare drops.
>>
>>3556405
if you don't like traditional rpgs then you should play the kind that normalfags like, such as chrono trigger or smrpg
>>
>>3556410
>Pokemon just wasn't my thing but I want to try Dragon Quest
Is Pokemon the only RPG you've ever tried? Just do what everyone always says and try Chrono Trigger; people disagree about whether or not it's overrated, but either way it's an extremely competent and inoffensive game with no major flaws or filters. Plus it's relatively short and easy, and has tons of likable characters and fantastic music and atmosphere. If you can't even get into Chrono Trigger, RPGs probably just aren't for you.
>>
>>3556690
9 was so fucking good, wish it wasnt ds exclusive and I didnt need to run a fucking emulator to play it now
>>
>>3556405
>this is the best dragon game, and the only one I played
You're an idiot.
>>
>>3556405
If youre trying to get into a classig jrpg, try a ds/gba version of a classic snes game. if you want...
>a fully turn based game
dragon quest 5 ds for a narrative
dragon quest 4 ds for a fun varied party
>classic active time battle system
chrono trigger ds for a shorter fun story
final fantasy 6 gba (or pixel remaster) for a long dramatic story

If you play all of those and dont like any of them, the the traditional style isnt for you, maybe check out persona or something
>>
>>3556971
gotta pick up a 3ds anon, its the only way to comfortably play like half of the exclusives
>>
>>3556690
I liked it, but it wasn't kino. It's quite possibly the least kino entry in the entire series, which is a bit ironic considering it's the one that got me into the series in the first place.
>>
>>3556405
Try Dragon Quest 8 and 11. Those are the only ones I've played so far
>>
File: tornek.jpg (118 KB, 509x500)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>3556405
there is only one good starting point for you man.
worth hunting down the disk to play
>>
>>3556405
3 and 8.
>>
>>3556690
I remember playing a romhack of dragon quest 9 that rebalanced some of the shit classes (like luminary , minstrel and buffed some unremarkable weapons like whip and fan)
It's probably the definitive version of the game but I can't remember where the link to it is

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.