[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

If there was a giant crossover game like Smash Bros but exclusively with RPG characters who would you like to see featured?
>>
>>3557594
Dubs and op gets AIDS
>>
>>3557597
Better luck next time, Ryan White.
>>
>>3557600
Nice dubs. Rolling.
>>
>>3557594
Astarion for sure
>>
File: Spyro.png (113 KB, 296x335)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>3557594
when I was like 10 my friend TRICKED me into believing this was a real thing called "The Red Hood" that only came on once a year on adult swim, and that I had just missed it. now I dont like latin americans.

my pick would be spyro
>>
This is such an absurdly fucking retarded idea and no one here is going to seriously entertain it.
>>
>>3558331
>This is such an absurdly fucking retarded idea
Dead or Alive and Halo had a crossover, so I don't see how this is any more ridiculous.
>>
>>3557594
>death battle
kill yourself.

Anyways, there's a couple issues with this. First of all - if you want to make a game that accurately represents RPGs as a medium, there's a lot of characters that are already in Smash Bros. Secondly, there's a pretty big issue in that many RPGs operate on character creators, and so are very ill suited for being "mascoted" in the same way. Especially if you want to not be completely overfilled on JRPGs that's something you'd need to work to address a lot.
>>
>>3558416
>there's a pretty big issue in that many RPGs operate on character creators
Just use the cover art/trailer guys or the most popular companions.
>>
Rean Cold Steel. The rest of the cast doesn't matter, they won't win.
>>
>>3558511
nah, I'd win
>>
>>
File: 1707743471313205.jpg (127 KB, 1062x620)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>3558368
The difference is that RPGs are fundamentally different from Halo and DoA. All RPGs have their own set of rules, stats, approach to dialogue and worldbuilding, etc. And many RPGs don't even have static characters but instead expect the player to create their own main character. If you try to put the Dragonborn and the Chosen Undead into the same game, it simply won't work, because Skyrim and Dark Souls have fundamentally different mechanics. Skyrim operates on a skill-based system where skills level up when used. Dark Souls instead has the player spend a universal currency on increasing their individual stats and upgrading their weapons. Skyrim has a plethora of dialogue options for each conversation while at best Dark Souls gives you a simple yes or no. Hell even in the same series between Skyrim and Morrowind the gameplay is so different you couldn't functionally fit the two protagonists in a proper crossover.

If anything the fact that Halo and DoA are two completely different games from completely different genres (one being a shooter and the other being ryona H-game) makes their crossover easier because there's no expectation that the developers would actually be able to make those two games mesh with each other. So anyone who played that game probably isn't too bothered from the fact that they just put John Halo in as a playable fighter for DoA. If you look a Smash Bros for another example, it's just a fighting game and all the characters from different genre of games exist solely as fighting characters. No one expects Nintendo to somehow combine elements of Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Sonic, and Kirby into one game. But with an RPG crossover, there's the expectation but the impossibility of unifying all RPG game mechanics.

Basically it would never work. RPGs are too different between each other to unify into a single crossover RPG.
>>
>>3557594
Something closer to super robot wars might be what you end up with, just scaled down to individuals instead of mechs.
>>3559136
Nah you just have no imagination. This is why you don't make games
>>
>>3559278
What games have you made?
>>
File: FO01_NPC_Master_B.png (491 KB, 803x414)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
>>3557594
picrel
>>3558416
>there's a pretty big issue in that many RPGs operate on character creators
Then let the player create their own character to fight all the cool other RPG characters, he could be like Shujinko.
>>
>>3559424
lol you got tilted by the weakest possible bait. Your biggest problem is actually just being a retard.
>>
File: myroster.png (598 KB, 832x692)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
>>3557594
Here's what I got - specifically avoiding characters that are already in smash bros - with a not great but somewhat passable east/west mix. There are just a lot more distinct jrpg characters due to the general nature of each kind of game.
I could be more indulgent in cutting out stuff that I don't care about and putting in more niche things, but I did put some of that in anyways so idk it's good.

Here's a site for it if anyone else is up for wasting an hour or 2
https://benshoeman.github.io/Roster-Maker/
>>
File: IMG_0569.gif (3.62 MB, 498x488)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB GIF
>>3557594
psssh...nothin personnel...kid...
>>
>>3559463
Dodo do dooo do do dooo do do do dooo Dooooo dodoooo
>>
>>3559136
I figured OP's idea was a fighting game since their point of comparison was smash and their choice of picture was a fight scenario.
>>
>>3560639
then that wouldn't be an RPG game and would thus be off-topic

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.