[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1692990821523560.jpg (192 KB, 1440x810)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
I do not see the appeal, when does it get good? I just got the oppai girl.
>>
>>3558032
yeah, if you're not feeling it in the next hour or so, then the game's not for you. go play persona instead.
>>
>>3558032
You literally don't get it. This game is for autists who like breaking games with absurd mechanic exploits
>>
Yeah the game kinda sucks. At least Rena is cute.
>>
>>3558263
No, it's good and I'm tired of pretending Star Ocean as a series is bad it's mostly good and better than Tales of faggotry
>>
>>3558267
It's kinda like Skyrim in that regard - Star Ocean fills its niche and does it perfectly, with no other game series providing a similar experience.
>>
>>3558267
Star Ocean 1, 2 and Divine Force are the only ok games in the series. The rest are straight up bad.

Tales is just a subpar series as a whole.
>>
>>3558417
3 is fun to figure out, but the plot and story beats are retarded and wreck it.
>>
>>3558417
but 4 is the best game in the series.
>>
>>3558417
I've only played Star Ocean 1 and 2, and I can say Tales games were better.
Mostly because of the godawful final acts of both Star Ocean games, that downgrade the game experience as a whole.
>>
I've only played 3 and holy fuck when I completed 4D mode including the post-game bosses I felt on top of the fucking world.

SO3 has my all-time favorite post-game experience ever, though I do plan to try 2 and 4 one day. Also a question on 4, does the ps4 version crash? Cause SO3 on ps4 crashes every now and again at the worst possible fucking times (beating a superboss) and really makes me miss the PS2 where I never had that issue.

Also the only thing worse than SO3's plot twist is the item creation. Peppita best girl though.
>>
>>3558032
I liked the game when I was young or when it was still kinda slow paced, that I took the time to enjoy the mechanics like learning how to cook.
I wanted to relive that experience, and tried the Switch version, and shit was way too fast for me that I realized just how small the game is. I basically got through over half the game in just a bit over half a day.

Usually, JRPGs would take you like about at least 2 days to get through over half of it.
>>
>>3559171
Tsmt. The abundance of QoL in the remake really makes the game feel short and lacking in content.
>>
>>3558267
I'm of the opinion that both Tales and Star Ocean are all kind of shit.
>>
>>3558032
>girl

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.