[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1693363235859665.jpg (736 KB, 1426x1414)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
Is this any good?
>>
It isn’t as good as grandia 1, there’s a guy who went through why he loves it in the past couple threads but I think he’s just biased cause he played it when he was young. it honestly isn’t anything special, the music is alright though
>>
>>3565165
The hd remake really could have used some quality of life updates. You can even scroll through text fast let alone skip custscenes... Jeez.
>>
>>3565165
It's pretty good. Ryudo's a fun character
>>
>>3565194
He's only fun for the first half. Around the time he gets to his village his character loses alot of his charm unfortunately. Course it's not as bad as what tales of abyss did to Luke fon fabre after the first act. Jesus
>>
File: G2attacks.webm (3.84 MB, 1280x720)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB WEBM
I played the Anniversary Edition (not the remaster) a couple of years ago. Not among the best RPGs but still nice and I prefer it over Grandia 1.
The biggest problem is in the gameplay. As soon as you get each character's first skill maxed (meaning they are executed instantly) boss fights become trivial, so does regular encounters when you get good AoE spells or the characters' ultimate skills.
Speaking of spells, that is the second biggest problem: unskippable animations. Just look at this shit. I don't know if the remaster adds a function to skip or speed them up, but if it doesn't then that's just retarded.

I never expected to see a JRPG with songs in Brazilian Portuguese
>>
>>3565214
>I never expected to see a JRPG with songs in Brazilian Portuguese
Post it
>>
File: huehue.jpg (54 KB, 263x350)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>3565215
There are two (the second one has a different version, but the lyrics are the same). The Portuguese pronunciation in them is VERY broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axgM5Ss0xfo
(This is the title screen song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UszQBl8bG0k
(Lyrics in the description)
>>
>>3565214
It does not have a skip animation feature. It's awful that way.
>>
>>3565165
It's the kind of comfy and enjoyable SOVL you could only get from a B-level PSX-PS2 era JRPG.

Also the voice acting is unironically better than modern voice acting because they used western animation VAs instead of shitty anime dubbers/youtubers. Most of the same VAs from the MGS games (and a lot of who, like Cam Clarke, are legends in the field).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.