[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm replaying this and it's pretty nostalgic. They did such a good job with making you feel like you where playing a fake mmo and the characters are such likeable losers like atoli and Gaspard.

Also damn the soundtracks good.
>>
scummy episodic game design
>>
>>3565186
I did not like that either growing up. It really should have been one game. At least they where released at 39.99 instead of full price but it was still alot of milking.
>>
Can't stand the animu style of G.U. Love the atmosphere in the originals.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (242 KB, 1562x1600)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>3565186
I wonder how much of it was simply budgetary limitations more than just scummy sales tactics. It was far from the only game at the time that ended up being split into multiple releases. For some reason it seems to have been a predominantly PS2-era practice.
>>
>>3565231
probably trying to imitate pokemon
>>
>>3565231
It was absolutely a conscious decision to create a multimedia franchise with anime and manga and merch and games. It's a shameless and soulless product.
>>
Yeah like imagine if for something like Final Fantasy VIII they released each disc individually at full price. Brilliance!
>>
>>3565244
Which happens to also be a good game.
>>
>>3565246
For you.
>>
>>3565231
before dlc they split games up for maximum profit
>>
>>3565244
Shameless - Yes
Soulless - Definitely No.
>>
>>3565354
You just have no discretion. It's fine, you're the target su-, audience.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.