[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cathartic.png (955 KB, 1920x1080)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
Has any game ever filtered and triggered shitters as much as underrail? If we have any psychologists here on /vrpg/, you ought to come check out the responses to this game; it's fascinating.

Genuine question though; do you know of a game that makes them as buttmad as this one?

Also general underrail thread, I guess.
>>
>>3582283
Factorio.
For RPGs, any game with an established tabletop ruleset has a remarkable effect, before we even enter any possible issues with implementation/tooltips etc
>>
>>3582283
oblivion and skyrim triggers morrowtards and daggerfags like there's no tomorrow

especially daggerfall fans, some of the most pathetic, gigacope posts I've ever seen on /vrpg/ has been daggerfags having a meltdown in their threads when they can't convince people it was the "best one"

fallout 3 is in a similar boat with it triggering the fuck out of "classic" fallout fans bitching about it ruining a franchise whose first two games they didn't even know about until some zoomer youtuber did a deep dive video on it
>>
>>3582296
ooh good point
skyrim haters foam at the mouth
>>
>>3582288
>Factorio.
not that I would know, but I can't say I've ever heard of anybody hating on that one
>>
>>3582283
The only thing that filtered me at first was the pre-filter and myths of
>you have to be REEAAALLY careful with your build, like you have to PLAAAAN it ten levels ahead like, man
Which is bullshit. Game's nice, game's decently challenging (mutagen puzzle was fucking absurd though. First time I ever spent hours with a notepad for a game that wasn't an old school dungeon-crawler)
>>
>>3582283
there are several underrail threads already
ya'll niggers should be banned from making new ones
>>
>>3582343
>ctrl+f "underrail"
>only results are my thread
are you sure about that, butthurt boy?
>>
>>3582347
There's at least 3 but for some reason people seem to keep making them without putting underrail anywhere in the title or first post.
>>
>>3582309
Emphasis on 'filtered'
>>
>>3582283
Blah blah blah go slit your wrists in a bathtub dumb slav.
>>
>>3582638
Why slit your wrists when you can make it more fun and die from cirrhosis and or lung cancer? Also
>bathtub
Do you even own a barrel?
>>
>>3582296
Admitting to liking Oblivion, skyrim and fallout 3 is punishment enough for you.
>>
>>3582777
Right on queue, you literally can't help yourself

Someone had fun playing games you don't like and you're so broken by negative mentality it makes you upset enough to lash out
>>
>>3582791
Yes, i can't help myself in responding to your garbage.
Fun is a meaningless metric used by "special" people. Jaws is fun, but let me guess, you would actually put it in the best movies of all time because it was fun.
>>
>>3582792
Did I say oblivion, skyrim, or fallout 3 was the best of all time? No. I didn't even say anything about which game is better or worse, which one is bad, which one is good in my original post.

All I said was that morrowtards, daggerfags, and "classic" fallout fans get triggered by the sheer mention of oblivion, skyrim, and fallout 3. And like the predictable faggot you are, you can't help but come into this thread and prove me right by crying about some potential sleight that didn't even happen against a game you worship
>>
>>3582797
Yes you did. You implied they were better than their predecessors.That is why i responded, if you just kept your post to "triggering" old fans, i wouldn't have replied.
>>
>>3582799
Go back, read my post carefully, show me exactly where I implied they were better than their predecessors.

You can't and won't, because you saw the words "oblivion" and "skyrim" in the same post and jumped straight into seeing red seething rage and started assuming I said shit I didn't.
>>
>>3582801
gigacope posts I've ever seen on /vrpg/ has been daggerfags having a meltdown in their threads when they can't convince people it was the "best one"

What game according to you then is the best one? If we remove Daggerfall and Morrowind that only leaves Arena, Oblivion and Skyrim.
I will give you a easy way out by "pretending" you actually meant morrowind, even though you didn't. Or are you gonna bullshit me by saying you meant Arena?
>>
>harper thread
go back to discord
>>
>>3582283
I wish that these Russian devs would just get other people to write their prose.
>>
>>3582326
>basic logic puzzle
>just addition and subtraction of variables really
>took hours
>>
>>3582283
never heard anyone explain why this ugly game is good, is it just a meme?
>>
>>3582777
Trips of truth, checked
>>
>>3582296
I don't like any of the TES games but Oblivion is by far the worst. I'll take Morrowind combat over whatever the fuck Oblivion's "combat" is trying to be.
>>
>>3582950
Keep this in mind: it doesn't have waifus or gay bear sex and it isn't backed by a chinese investment firm. All of the shilling it gets is from real fans who purely enjoy the quality of the gameplay.
>>
>>3583026
You didn't answer his question because you can't. The answer is because you're too dumb and bitter to play anything else, it's the most generic retard game you could attach yourself to and still feel like a hipster.
>>
>>3582638
filtered and triggered
get that amygdala checked, anon

>>3582777
>he dislikes good games
what shit games do you claim are good, anon?

>>3582792
does your girlfriend appreciate your bitchy attitude?
>>
>>3582844
That has nothing to do with implying they were better than their predecessors. Is English not your first language?

The posts made about the game by pathetic, overly obsessive and defensive fans are gigacope. Some autistic faggot fans having a spergout doesn't reflect on whether or not the games themselves are good or bad.

I said literally nothing about comparing them or ranking them because that's not the topic of the post. I didn't even imply it. It's the fanbase I can't stand, not the games. You saw the words "oblivion" and "skyrim" in a single post and reacted exactly the way I said you would, because you can't control yourself. Embarrassing. And now you're missing the point again, trying to start an argument with a strawman about which one is better like it'll possibly redeem yourself being a mouth breather who can't possibly fathom someone having a different viewpoint on the games than you do and are willing to go as far as humiliating yourself to try to "prove" that the games you dislike are not the "best" games in the series.

>>3582956 is much the same. Sees "Oblivion" and jumps into the post defending the game against a criticism I did not even make.
>>
>>3582815
what's the matter, faggot; can't handle free speech?

>>3582848
>somebody saved one of harper's many many images
>it must be harper

>>3582866
t. butthurt holol
>>
>>3582950
its simply the best crpg ever made
what shit games do you pretend are better?

>>3583031
damn bro, I get that you're mad that you suck at a video game, but you don't need to be so vitriolic
not sure how you can keep a woman around with that kind of attitude
>>
>>3583123
>Sees "Oblivion" and jumps into the post defending the game
But I'm not defending anything, I'm pointing out that Oblivion sucks shit and is the worst of a series of 5 shitty games.
>>
>>3583123
calm down bro
dont get so upset on the internet about other peoples video game opinions
>>
File: 1568215921938.png (381 KB, 430x410)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>3582343
No.....one less Fallout/Morrowind thread.......will we ever recover........
>>
>>3582296
>daggerfags having a meltdown in their threads when they can't convince people it was the "best one"
Well yeah, Arena was the best and it's impossible to prove otherwise.
>>
>>3583119
SLAV NIGGER
>>
>>3583119
>does your girlfriend appreciate your bitchy attitude?
no, but my boyfriend does.
>>
>>3583169
>resorting to ad hominem
so mad he can't think straight
typical of underrail haters

>>3583173
yeah, that figures
>>
File: underrail fans.png (390 KB, 482x288)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>3583178
How about you stop shitting up the board with your drivel, serbian monkey?
>>
>>3583178
>yeah, that figures
i bet my boyfriend's dick is bigger than your brain, you dumb nigger.
>>
>>3583182
cry about it, scrub
quit sucking at video games while you're at it

>>3583207
go lick a butthole, faggot
>>
>>3583209
This is a board for 18+ not your CS lobby.
>>
>>3583160
Got it. So you can't actually find in my post what you accuse me of, and admit you're a retarded daggerfag who gets triggered by the mention of the mere name of a video game.

>>3583146
>sees oblivion mentioned in a post
>nothing about combat, what's better, what's worse
>UHHHH OBLIVION IS SHIT IT'S SHIT MORROWIND COMBAT'S NOT BAD
Like poetry
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
cool game. Enjoyed 1 playthrough, but never touched it again. I forget it existed until a thread like this gets posted.

The devs made a cool game, but it lacks humanity and therefore will be forgotten like every other niche rpg that only appeal to 1000 people.
>>
>>3583234
>MORROWIND COMBAT'S NOT BAD
Please direct me to where this has been stated. Oblivion's combat is so terrible it manages to compare unfavorably to another game with terrible combat.
>>
>>3583234
im not that guy; I think daggerfall is shit
but im sure you're a butthurt skyrimhater though

>>3583244
>muh mass appeal
contain yourself, normalfag
ah, but to be one of the superior 1000!
My god, what a game!

>>3583252
finally, someone who can admit they both suck
>>
Why is this discord tranny so mad about people thinking Underrail is mediocre?
>>
Is it a bot? Nobody said anything about discord.
>>
>>3583262
>Nobody said anything about discord.
>what is basic pattern recognition
>>
>>3583257
>ah, but to be one of the superior 1000!
Respect. I kneel. Hopefully the superior 1000 have enough money to bankroll more ideas from the dev. Right?
>>
>>3583252
> I'll take Morrowind combat over whatever the fuck Oblivion's "combat" is trying to be.
You literally replied to a
>morrowtards and daggerfags are insufferable because they can't let any mention of oblivion, skyrim, etc. pass by without getting bent out of shape
with
>w-well u-uh uh AT LEAST IT'S MORROWIND'S COMBAT ISN'T AS BAD AS OBLIVION
>>
>>3582283
what is this mmo world of warcraft bing bing wahoo ui loool
>>
>>3583270
No retard I'm taking a dump on Oblivion specifically because I particularly dislike it, but Morrowind isn't a "good" game either and Bethesda is a terrible studio with zero good games under their belt.
>>
>>3583264
actually he won't accept any donations
I think they're doing just fine financially; remember that USD is worth significantly more in serbia

>>3583273
"bing bing wahoo" is mario you retard

>>3583263
just a schizo then
>>
>>3583281
>"bing bing wahoo" is mario you retard
it looks like a game for autistic 13 year olds.
>>
>>3582283
this is such a fun game but as you can see from this thread it attracts poltards and sam hyde glazers like no other
>>
>>3583284
its a game for autistic people of all ages
it filters normalfag retards something fierce and they just can't help but shower you in (you)'s if you bring it up

>>3583300
eh, theres tons of redditors and codexcucks too
they get butthurt about it more but they do play it
>>
There is nothing convincing me this game is more than a 6/10, on a good day even.
>>
>>3583305
You understand autism is mental retardation, yes? Like the systems in underrail are incredibly simple, even the dumbest blackest pavement ape could understand them. It takes true low functioning autism to fall into the repetitive and shallow gameplay loops due to reacting to basic stimulus like a mollusk. The reason no one enters your general and you have to reply to yourself all day is because you have nothing interesting to say about the game, because the game isn't interesting, which is why you made this thread to bitch and bait and complain. You just want to bait idiots into playing the game some you can post a build just one more time, I mean just lol, this and owlcat have the saddest most pathetic fanbase of freaks I have ever seen
>>
>>3583307
Based moeblob telling it as it is.
>>
>>3583307
prime example of filtered butthurt
look at this pristine SEETHING

this nigga played underrail, got his butt spanked in front of the whole class, and is still crying about it years later
>>
>>3583317
t. low IQ douchebag teenager from serbia
>>
>>3583325
t. game beat a game
>>
>>3583278
>oh look, a post claiming that oblivion triggers morrowtards just by existing
>I know exactly how to prove him wrong
>All I have to do is not instantly jump in and start schizo rambling about something that wasn't even mentioned in defense of morrow- HURK
>HUUUUUUUUUU
>FUCK I CAN'T DO IT I CAN'T DO IT UH WHAT'S SOMETHING PEOPLE HATE ABOUT MORROWIND OH THAT'S RIGHT THE COMBAT UH UH AT LEAST MORROWIND DIDN'T HAVE SHITTY COMBAT LIKE IN OBLIVION
>heh, another brilliant and uncalled for defense of my favorite game, I'm going to sprinkle in some shit about how I think all the TES games are "bad" to make it seem like I'm less of a fanboy
>>
>>3582296
No one has ever been filtered by a Bethesda game. If you think they have you are brain damaged.
>>
>>3582296
>oblivion and skyrim triggers morrowtards and daggerfags like there's no tomorrow
Correct.

They are buck broken. For good and understandable reasons, but that doesn't change the fact that they are buck broken.

>bitching about it ruining a franchise whose first two games they didn't even know about until some zoomer youtuber did a deep dive video on it
Not an argument tho. A good game is a good game regardless of how and when player found it. It's like arguing that nobody has any right to be upset that Creedence Clearwater Revival broke up because "YOU WERE NOT EVEN AT WOODSTOCK BRO".

That said those fans are also buck broken.

>>3583641
>No one has ever been filtered by a Bethesda game
I have been filtered by Fallout 4 and I'm not ashamed of admitting it.
>>
>>3583123
I HATE FANS OF MORROWIND AND DAGGERFALL TALKING ABOUT HOW THEY ARE DA BEST GAMES.
So you consider Skyrim and Oblivion to be the best then?
NOOOOO, WHERE DID I SAY THAT.

C'mon,tell me your favorite Bethesda game then? Prove me wrong. You won't and are going to hide behind using the word "best" just as a example. And for clarity, my original argument is that you consider them the best in the series.
>>
File: crawlers.png (127 KB, 1280x1024)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>cleared out the darkdwellers cave
>the exit gives me zone transition error, no other way out of the cave
>all saves overwritten so literally a bricked playthrough
>thankfully I unlocked the dev console against styggers will so I teleported to core city and saved myself 50+ hours

Cool
>>
Knights of the Chalice 2 filters practically everybody including the diehard fans.
Every encounter is a puzzle beatable only by following the exact steps that the weed eating frenchie considered.
>>
>>3583787
You're using CE aren't you?
>>
>>3583803
Nope I'm on 2.0.16, looks like it was patched in 17.
Gonna uptade now.
>>
>>3582950
> I HATE THIS GAME ITS STUPID ITS GAY I DONT WANT TO PLAY IT I DONT GET IT but now im going to spend all day posting about it
Why do genz anons do this
>>
>>3583834
Brainrot from heavy use of social media since early age. They have been conditioned to see only negative comments, as they're the ones driving more clicks, so like monkeys they replicate this behaviour without fully knowing why.
>>
>>3582283
I got filtered by uhh, save file corruption?
>>
>>3583784
Nah, you have it all mixed up. Even your own example makes no sense. Literally all I said, oblivion/skyrim being mentioned triggers obsessed morrowind and daggerfall posters, and the some of the most oblivious, ignorant of flaws/criticism posters on this board have been the retards spamming daggerfall threads who genuinely think there is not a single thing to criticize in that game. You somehow misunderstood that as an attack on morrowind/daggerfall. It's more like,
>people who obsess over old games to the point of getting triggered by new ones and who can't take off rose tinted goggles to acknowledge ANYTHING wrong with their old game are retarded
>UH DID YOU JUST MENTION NEW GAME? YOU MUST HATE THE OLD ONES
>I didn't say that
>YES YOU DID ERR OKAY ACTUALLY YOU DIDN'T BUT YOU DIDN'T SUCK OFF THE OLD GAMES WHICH MEANS YOU LOVE NEW GAME WHICH MAKES ME MAD
>YOU LOVE NEW GAME DON'T YOU JUST ADMIT IT OH YOU DON'T HAVE TO ADMIT IT I ALREADY KNOW YOU DO
You're exactly the kind of faggot I was talking about.

Condemnation of retarded emotional fans is not condemnation of a game. You can enjoy daggerfall, morrowind, fallout 1/2 or whatever the fuck game and still think the fanbase getting triggered by the mere mention of newer games in the franchise retarded especially when they're overreactive mouth breathers like you playing into the exact stereotype I mentioned in the original post.

>C'mon,tell me your favorite Bethesda game then? Prove me wrong. You won't and are going to hide behind using the word "best" just as a example.
There's no point, because you're not engaging in good faith. The context of the thread is literally "games that trigger retards". You're trying to change it into an argument about game ranking within a franchise because you are too stupid to realize that you are the kind of triggered retard this thread is about.
>>
>>3583869
nice try, faggot
you already posted
now you're coming back for more attention
>>
>>3583834
>>3583841
>>3584166
Projection. Absolutely mindbroken.
>>
>>3584253
mmhmm
made you reply
>>
>>3584257
How old are you? I would forgive you for being mentally retarded if you admit to being between the ages of 18-20.
>>
>>3584258
yeah just keep posting in the thread
eventually you'll win and feel vindicated
>>
>>3584166
Good morning. No I didn't already post. Sad as always to see dumbasses on an anonymous website so obsessed with identifying people to shield their ego. Bye.
>>
>>3584383
pathetic samefag
get good at games and you wont have to get so triggered that you resort to such subhuman behavior
>>
>>3584161
What a surprise,a word sallad and no answer. Well, I can't say I am disappointed; that would have required some expectations.
>>
>>3584161
>no delivery
>>
>>3582283
Damn, what kind of detection does that take?
>>
>>3585052
you need both sufficient detection and stealth
my detection is something like 650 iirc, and stealth was about 250ish
>>
>>3585052
>>3585171
oh, and the nightvision is a big help as well
>>
>>3582283
>play first time years ago, do a full magic run because I normally play mages in rpgs
>magic gets nerfed, no more using every spell, you get a max of 8 and using more than one school nerfs it
>find an obsure ai exploit to easily steal stuff to sell for money, use it to buy every jet ski because theres no way to test them otherwise without stealing
>exploit gets patched out
>want to try out grenade launchers
>the dlc area that was added with them has an enemy that literally invalidates using a grenade launcher and your forced to pack a subweapon to deal with them.
I don't understand why Styg's autism compels him to make the game less fun. I really nave no hope for the next game because he spends more time removing fun things from the game instead of working on making the next game more fun.
>>
>>3585442
He is one of those miserable devs that think removing fun adds fun, utterly mindbroken
>>
>>3582349
>make general threads
>get banned

>make general threads with hidden op
>thread is undiscoverable
>only the generalfags lurk in it
Worst of both worlds
>>
>>3585442
The dev went full retard when he started interacting with discord troons.
Many such cases.
>>
>>3585442
>>3585460
Hold up, he NERFED psi?!?
Wtf
Its broken as hell! I thought he buffed it
>>
>>3585525
He means from the Psi update
>which was years ago
>and they're still mad about it
Honestly just figure they're a serial complainer for how old news they bring up constantly
>>
>>3585532
>entire point of his post is that he's contrasting how the game used to be with numerous updates that made the game worse
>nuh-uh, you shouldn't complain because it's old news
Nigger, I don't even play psi but you need to get styg's cock out of your mouth before posting
>>
>>3585538
>that update was 4 years ago
anybody getting into Underrail barely would know what your talking about, and I'm pretty sure it's the same person complaining about PSI for the past 6th or so threads on it
>>
The one thing I hate about Underfail is how they capped the amount of goods you can sell to a merchant in order to simulate "realism", but managed to forget their own lore in the process - there are much bigger and prosperous metropolises in the North/South and so on, and there are active freight train lines running between them.

What they should've done is give you the option to 'Sell in Bulk' by shipping to other bastions of civilization at an effectively unlimited rate, but for somewhat lower price. As it is, their trade system is actually both unrealistic and annoying.
>>
>>3585538
>pure psi
>most nerfed build
>best build in the game?
>yeah that would still be pure psi
>time to make literally hundreds of posts seething about psi
>>
>>3585468
4chan has more trannies than discord ever did
discord is just like a msn messenger chatroom with all your private buddies
anyway, styg is notorious for not listening to anybody, or implementing their suggestion years later in a small way
when somebody suggested a psi nerf, he said he already was planning on it

>>3585553
maybe thats what the merc feats are
>>
File: underreich.jpg (532 KB, 1105x1863)
532 KB
532 KB JPG
Why do you continue to support, enable, and consume deeply problematic content of a literal Nazi?
Haven't you heard the news?
>>
>>3587740
I wish he was a nazi. These people are just insane far-leftists who call anyone who isn't far-left a nazi.

Why are you on reddit, btw? Are you a retarded faggot?
>>
>>3587740
Have you ever been to balkensIRL or any other IRL places my nigga. Or just /int/
>>
>>3587740
Would it been better if he was Croatian instead of Serbian anon?
>>
>>3587740
uhhhhh did you know that fallout's dev is GAY and underrail's dev is NOT GAY heh bet that faithful recreation feels a LITTLE SOUR IN THE MOUTHHOLE NOW EHHH
>>
>>3587740
>Why do you continue to support, enable, and consume deeply problematic content of
He's says while on 4chan
>>
>>3582283
The only thing wrong with this game is the hit chance formula. Not capping at 100% is pure retardation cargo culting TTRPG mechanics into a format they don't belong in, especially when some attacks have no accuracy and always hit. If I have maxed-out skill with a weapon and I'm in the ideal range to use it, shooting at a totally disabled enemy, I should have no miss chance. Beyond that, it's basically one of the best RPGs released in the least decade.
>>
>>3588645
Have you ever went to flip a light switch and missed?
>inb4 "he's not a 20 dex master lightswitch flipper? what a retard"
>>
>>3588649
Hello retard, have you every played a TTRPG with a good DM? You know, the place where that "always have a 5% miss chance" comes from because it represents rolling a 1 on a d20? Any DM worth a fuck will just allow you to roll damage on an incapacitated opponent if you want to hit them, and any DM worth a fuck will just allow you to roll damage in cases where it's functionally impossible to miss an attack. A computer can't use human judgment, which is why this 5% mandatory miss chance is stupid in such a punishing game.
>Have you ever went to flip a light switch and missed?
Literally not even once in my 33 years of life except when heavily drunk or in pitch darkness.
>>
>>3588656
>Any DM worth a fuck will just allow you to roll damage on an incapacitated opponent if you want to hit them
bias from a filtered shitter
>>
>>3588198
>>3588223
>>3588229
>>3588341
>>3588522
Honestly, I just saw there was a patch for the game but no news, so I decided to open the Steam forums to see what it was.
The reddit link was the first non-pinned post, so I decided to check it out.
I was a bit surprised how one-sided the discussion on r/CRPG was, especially given how utterly mid were the """crimes""" of Styg OP decided to include in the linked screenshots.
Is it the fault of BG3 for making CRPGs more normie?
Or is it because people just go to RPG Codex for this kind of discussion so only the ones scared of the N-word would go to reddit instead?
>>
>>3582283
Not triggered just bored out of my mind. So much backtracking, and everyone always gushes about the combat when all it boiled down to was "shoot dog, now dog attacks you, shoot dog". Rince and repeat.
>>
>>3582309
Not hating, lot of people get filtered at the oil processing stage, which admittedly is a fucking bitch.
>>
File: CUjZ3PdXAAAuSTM.jpg (54 KB, 599x615)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>3589373
>dog attack you, you attack dog rinse repeat
So just like most turn based CRPGs then
>>
>>3589418
Fans pretended it was one of the combat sims ever and it's just a poor man's Fallout with none of the flavour or charisma.
>>
>>3589440
T B H in fallout most you had to do was vat target the eye's unless it was a robot, or burst fire if you weren't with allies
>assuming of course you played the originals
>>
>>3588649
No, I haven't.
>>
>>3589613
Your the one comparing it to fallout. I assume your comparing the combat than if your mentioning it being poor mans fallout and emphasis being it being sold as a combat sim
>>
>3589676
>all I got from this is your prob the serial complainer bitching about every little thing
>even NTA when the nigga themselves brought up Fallout first
I said what the OG fallout combat was like usually but apparently actually discussing how the combat function is too much apparently.
what things do you actually have to add besides bitching 24/7 if you not gonna actually compare the gameplay.
>besides backtracking and as this anon >>3589373 puts it "shoot dog, now dog attacks you, shoot dog". Rince and repeat.
>>
>3589700
That's very neat my nigga anything you can add to this though
Even will (YOU) >>3589440 and it typed here
>Fans pretended it was one of the combat sims ever and it's just a poor man's Fallout with none of the flavour or charisma.
>>
>assuming of course you played the originals

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)02:19:14 No.3589613>>3589673

>>3589608
Can you not read or do you just have difficulty understanding basic concepts

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)02:47:29 No.3589647

>>3588649
No, I haven't.

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)03:17:53 No.3589673>>3589676

>>3589613
Your the one comparing it to fallout. I assume your comparing the combat than if your mentioning it being poor mans fallout and emphasis being it being sold as a combat sim

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)03:21:31 No.3589676

>>3589673
>Your the one comparing it to fallout
No I'm not. I'm not even the same person. I just pointing out that you're an ESL retard that can't understand what he's responding to, because to me it's obvious.

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)03:39:34 No.3589696>>3589700

>3589676
>all I got from this is your prob the serial complainer bitching about every little thing
>even NTA when the nigga themselves brought up Fallout first
I said what the OG fallout combat was like usually but apparently actually discussing how the combat function is too much apparently.
what things do you actually have to add besides bitching 24/7 if you not gonna actually compare the gameplay.
>besides backtracking and as this anon >>3589373 puts it "shoot dog, now dog attacks you, shoot dog". Rince and repeat.

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)03:40:36 No.3589700

>>3589696
How can you be this stupid?

Anonymous 08/21/24(Wed)03:47:29 No.3589716

>3589700
That's very neat my nigga anything you can add to this though
Even will (YOU) >>3589440 and it typed here
>Fans pretended it was one of the combat sims ever and it's just a poor man's Fallout with none of the flavour or charisma.

Reply to Thread
[Index] [Catalog] [Top] Update
[Advertise on 4chan]
>>
>>3589273
Dude, (You) are a normie.
>>
>can describe to me detail how you go about making a energy weapons build in Fallout 2
>>
>>3589726
>>3589728
Uh niggers? Your response? >>3589723
>>
>>3582283
Dark Souls comes to mind
>>
>>3589440
>>3589613
>>3589647
>>3589676
>>3589700
You won't even play underrail because you're so bad at video games. A lowly troll who won't even master the shit he's trolling about. You're probably a merchant; this is a goy game.

Pathetic.
>>
>>3589868
you were using all the broken stuff and then complaining it was easy
probably on an easier difficulty to boot
probably also playing with the wiki open

most likely you're just lying
>>
>>3589864
I have a thousand hours in underrail, I just don't like the hit chance cap.
>>
>hit chance
>use psi lmao
unless this the fuckin PSI update fag
>>
>>3590032
Honestly too at this point if you have heavy duty you practically 3 we opens who generally don't give a damn about hit chance now
>not like you won't still complain
or as said psi exist
>>
>doing ironhead base
>room with 4 guys in it
>locus + mental breakdown
>kill one of them and fuck off into the hallway
>wait
>wait
>wait
>combat ends
>the other three didn't aggro on me because of mental breakdown
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>3590078
You can get enrage at that point from rail crossing. Are you doing classic and trying to max your EXP gains or something
>>
>>3582638
+1
>>
Swords or knives?
>>
>>3590288
Sniper Rifles.

Melee sucks in Underrail and I say that as a melee fag.
To the game's credit, melee also sucked in Fallout.
>>
>>3590296
>Sniper Rifles.
Well if you're gonna go ranged with the reasoning that melee sucks, Sniper Rifles are also kinda shitty since the Spearhead nerf.
>>
>>3590297
:(
>>
>>3590288
Hey bro, swords are fun BUT honestly a bit shit, because they rely on flurry for their main damage. Flurry gets exponentially better the more you land it, but because the hit chance is capped at 95% even your first flurry only has about an 80% chance to go through, and quickly gets worse. Third flurry is around 50% chance of landing. Very unreliable. Knives are far more reliable, and very strong if built for crit chance and damage, but you can also pair them with swords so you can try both if you want. A sword with flurry build up is really good, but it's just unable at doing it as often as you would like.
>>
>>3583261
Styg has a legion of underage/arrested development sycophants who suck his dick and shill Underrail because he's a slavshit and orthodox christian larper.
>>
File: Orthostyg.png (21 KB, 600x419)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>3590335
>and orthodox christian
BepŠø Š±eјŠ·Š“.
>>
>>3589864
Not being able to take criticism is a sign of immaturity and arrested development.
>>
Thinking about giving it another go. Is playing Psyker viable for newbies?
>>
>>3590417
Yes, psi is around one of the strongest builds. Make sure to focus on only a few stats. Most of your build power comes from feats, and underrail wants you to minmax
>>
>>3590078
incap breaks combat

>>3590296
melee is a lot more fun

>>3590334
blah blah blah math I know
but
Ive gotten to 20 onslaught (and even stayed there for a long time) too many times for it to be how you say
that said, I agree that knives are objectively superior

sword has a much higher ceiling but a lower floor; this is not a game where you really need a high ceiling

>>3590335
>>3590414
I hate christcuckery and I generally dislike slavs and I don't really like styg as a person
but he made the best game ever so you can go cry about it some more, you little bitch boi
>>
>>3590476
>Ive gotten to 20 onslaught (and even stayed there for a long time) too many times for it to be how you say
Statistically it's likely you will drop flurry often and that matters to me personally since I hate re-loading fights simply at the behest of RNG. If you don't care about that, fair enough
>>
File: stay mad, confags.png (689 KB, 1204x608)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>3590485
see, you say that
but I get 20 onslaught all the time
see pic, and this is an old one
its happened many times since
>>
>>3590334
I think they're not so bad if your crit maxing, but honestly swords really need that first flurry in so doing anything to ensure you get it is a must. PK is the best for that but also the claymore is very practical as well just for sweep.
I found rushing to get vanishing powder and fancy footwork a godsend though since it lets you easily stack up MP and disengage quickly should you miss a flurry, to just restealth and strike again later.
>>
>>3588198
Stab yourself nazi carrion
>>
>>3589723
Is this a ML Bot?
/vrpg/ truly is the shittiest board.
>>
>>3591133
>I found rushing to get vanishing powder and fancy footwork a godsend though since it lets you easily stack up MP and disengage quickly should you miss a flurry, to just restealth and strike again later.
Hey this is a pretty cool idea, my interest in a second machete run attempt is rising
>>
>>3582283
The creator of Fallout - the game that the Serb shit desperately wanted his slop to be - basically called it out as a shit RPG that he lost interest in ~2 hours into it.
>>
>>3591246
source?
>>
>>3591248
>"If I have to go online to figure out how to spend my level up point or I have to use a spreadsheet to figure it out at that point I'm usually like 'I'm done,'"

It's from one of the videos on this page
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cain-on-games-tim-cains-new-youtube-channel.147060/page-116
You should watch them all anyway
>>
>>3591138
I'm proud of being right and good. You should kys.

>>3591246
not surprising
fallout is a pseud game with shit mechanics
underrail is intended to be like a single-player D&D game
>>
>>3591269
>If I have to go online to figure out how to spend my level up point or I have to use a spreadsheet to figure it out at that point I'm usually like 'I'm done,'"
Holy shit, that's actually fucking hilarious. What a dumb fucking thing to say considering fallout 1/2 are literally the pinnacle of this retarded style of design.

Fallout 1/2 stats/skills/builds are dogshit as far as intuitiveness goes. The character builder has a plethora of trap choices. If you didn't read a guide or talk to a friend before going in, you will have absolutely no idea that half the SPECIAL attributes are borderline worthless with little to no impact on gameplay, and half the skills are only used for 1 or 2 skill checks in the entire game, or are literally the same as another skill but worse (see: doctor and first aid) or can't be used until the end of the game, and the game does nothing to warn you about it.

Fallout devs are absolutely the last people who should be slinging shit about games being bad because you need meta knowledge to effectively know which choices to weed out.
>>
>>3591215
>>3591321
The only RPG that I felt truly delivers on the
>don't minmax, just roleplay
experience is Age of Decadence and it does that by having fairly elaborate failure states, so if you're willing to accept a variety of "short adventures with bad endings" it does deliver pretty well.
However even in it, I felt much better minmaxing my choices and getting to see as much content in a single playthrough as possible.
>>
>>3591321
>literally the pinnacle of this retarded style of design.
A take only a mentally ill Serb could give.
>>
>>3591321
Everything you could possibly need to play Fallout is written in the manual.
>half the SPECIAL attributes are borderline worthless with little to no impact on gameplay
You used a guide to make a character didn't you?
>>
>>3591321
>you didn't read a guide or talk to a friend before going in
You know, long ago games came with physical tomes called 'manuals' that had all manner of arcane secrets such as these within them
>>
>>3590337
kaze se bazirano crnjetino
>>
>>3582283
The real material of physiologic studies are the Underrail shills and fangays. They play an easy game that gets more boring every patch and coped with the "git gud" and "u mad" replies over a decade, is pretty sad at this point.
>>
>>3591693
>physiologic
everybody laugh at the stupid ESL!
>>
>>3591581
>>3591600
The Fallout manuals don't tell you that certain skills are borderline worthless in that there will be only one or two OPTIONAL skill checks using them over the ENTIRE game and you will never use those skills outside of that. That's terrible game design and you have to have your head hopelessly stuck in the sand to argue against that. Showing them as equally weighted on the first screen the player sees when they start a new game and deludes them into thinking their choices for roleplaying matter when they really don't. In fact the manual actively lies to you about it implying that you SHOULD take certain special attributes or skills if you want to play a particular play style when nothing could be further from the truth because the stats/skills in game aren't used the way the manual implies they are.
>>
>put 40 hours
>build gets heavily nerfed (psi)
>heavily nerfed despite being the only build in the game to provide max lore
>can't refund
>obligatory dev asslickers (they exist for every game) tell me I was "filtered"
'Filter' is just the 2020s equivalent of 'guit gud' which started with the PC release of Dark Souls.
>>
>>3591872
now thats interesting; I can't recall "git gud" any earlier than "filtered", to me they are equally old

anyway, git gud, you filtered faggot
if you're having a hard time with a psi build you should just go play paw patrol rescue world
>>
>this autist is still replying to posts in his shitty bait thread
loool
>>
>>3592017
turns out if you trigger people for sucking at video games, they cant resist giving you (You)s and bumps
anyway, thanks for the the bump
>>
>>3592020
you're you're welcome.
>>
>>3592024
(You)'re (You)'re welcome!
>>
>psi "nerf" didn't made psi worse, only more boring to play
>people stop playing because the game is boring
>"f-filtered!"
You guys have issues.
>>
Underrail is definitely ambitious but a lot of its design feels archaic and primitive, such as its over-emphasis on min-maxing, the two-weapon slot system that lets you slot in two separate miniguns but for some reason you get an AP penalty when equipping riot shields, the aforementioned hit chance cap (why is this a thing when the game isn't even using a d20 system?), extremely poor in-game economy, and other questionable design choices. I want to like it more than I do now, but repeated playthroughs grow increasingly more annoying when I notice these blatant flaws.
Idk what to think about Infusion at this point in time currently.
>>
>>3591915
"Git gud" started in 2012 with the Prepare to Die edition.
"Filter" doesn't even have one single usage archived (which is confusing, honestly) in 2014; growing to 6k+ usages in 2015, to 22k in 2016, and 31k+ in 2019.

>you WILL have your entire build's playstyle changed on a dev's whim and you WILL be happy
Nah.
>>
>>3592038
nah, it limits how many spells you can have ready at any time, penalizes you for having multiple schools prepared, and also limits how many psi points you can use in a fight

>>3592041
its the only game with an "economy" to begin with; most games let you sell whatever you want at vendors without limit, which is retarded

>>3592049
now thats a fair point, but you can just go back to the last version before the change
>>
>>3592058
>most games let you sell whatever you want at vendors without limit
So does Underrail, except that you need to waste literal hours of real time.
>>
>>3592059
so with limit, like I said
you have a low IQ
>>
>>3592085
There's literally no limit, you might have trouble understanding words. More sensible games, with more sensible abstractions, just let you sell all the stuff, UR instead lets you as long as you waste real time (probably waiting several merchant resets for a rapid reloader and whatnot).

And I won't even start with how retarded the economy itself is.
>>
>>3592199
if are limited in how much you can sell, thats a limit
just admit you're retarded
>>
>>3592202
You clearly never played a real RPG with selling limits.
>>
File: midrail.png (382 KB, 871x669)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>3582283
Underrail is just meh. Roleplaying is terrible. Combat is okay. Being able to save whenever you want plus a combat system heavily reliant on RNG heavily incentivizes players just reloading and retrying when they get
unlucky. Character creation is about making a "build" rather than a character, which stinks. After you've played it once, it's just formula and procedure. It has some neat ideas, like the way Psi Points slowly trickle from the Reserve Pool, but it drops the ball on basic things like using TC to read minds in investigation scenarios.
Overall, I played underrail a lot because I didn't have anything else going on, not because it was particularly good.
Underground ghetto setting is cool though, and I like the slang.
>t. 895 hours former no-life. Beaten DOMINATING. Should be renamed TEDIOUS.
>>3588645
mfw I miss the stunned, entangled, dazed, slowed abomination with an entire LMG burst from 4 yards away.
>>3590288
sword feats are ruined if you miss once. If you flurry a stunned target, you have three 95% chances to hit. 0.95*0.95*0.95 = 0.857. That's a 15~% chance to ruin your combo on a STUNNED target. Knives? just pump dex, get tabi boots and cheap shots+expose weakness. You'll rip through anything that isn't an industrial bot. But for a proper melee build I recommend sledgehammer. max strength+rathound regalia+rathound BBQ/bison milk, high agility, 3 Con, get balors hammer as soon as possible + PK and TM. ez pz.
>>
>>3592058
>max STR sledgehammer with 3 CON
Ah yeah hahaha, I'm DEFINITELY going to play a 3 CON melee build that can't even make use of Fancy Footwork PFFTTTTT
>>
>>3592236
Meant for >>3592230
>>
>>3592236
You can get it if you want. I just opted not to. I ran my build with 10 Agility + tabis. Had plenty of MP with TM. Hardly optimal but didn't need to be.
>>
>>3592267
Any reason you dump CON? Every hammer build I tried, without fail, was better off pumping CON to 9-10 than the other way around. There's just no way to make good use of Agility besides Uncanny Dodge (which is situational at best) and Blitz (overrated as fuck feat). Also I'm not sure when you last played it, but Super Slam is actually a decent feat thanks to the buff to spikes accounting for SS damage.
>>
>>3592268
Because I wanted to play a low Con hammer.
>>
>>3592268
hit & run, genius
>>
>>3592211
at best, they'll have merchants who only have so much money on a given day
underrail takes it further
tell me about your "real" rpgs; list some
>>
>>3592539
>at best, they'll have merchants who only have so much money on a given day
NTA but how's that different for Underrail?
>>
>>3592533
>hit & run
Not a good feat even on gun builds lol. And you don't need Agility ultra high to make use of it.
>>
>>3592058
>its the only game with an "economy" to begin with
lmfao, what economy?
>oh I, a gun merchant, couldn't possibly buy ALL those guns. Never mind that I could easily charge well below market price for your excess surplus of guns and use the spare parts for metal or whatever later on.
it's what an autist thinks an organic "economy" is like.
>>
>>3592602
It's not, both of them are quite literally retarded.
>>
>>3592767
And before anyone says
>just make repair kits lel
Those require a 50 skill point investment, and it still doesn't guarantee you can break down a high quality gun for metal... so get fucked if you're not putting most of your skills into crafting bullshit I guess.
>>
>>3582296
Bitch please op wasn't talking about making people mad, but about filters. If it IS about making people mad nothing beats bg3 in generating hate.
>>
>>3592774
I believe you mean a (50) effective skill point investment. Unless your running 3Int or something it shouldn't be hard to get there and you have benches if you rush the oligarchs quests
>>
>>3592602
underrail merchants only have so much money at once, and they only buy certain categories of things, AND at any given time they only want x of y type of thing

so like a weapons and armor merchant might have 500 charons, will never buy medicine or electronics, and right now only wants 3 guns, 2 melee weapons, 2 metal armors, and 1 helmet

other games, at best, have like a weapons and armor merchant with 2000 gold and he'll buy any weapons and armor up to his 2000 gold and will also trade his entire inventory for whatever you have
some games let you see whatever to whoever for an infinite amount
>>
>>3592761
you're retarded
its good on both melee and ranged, but its worse than fancy footwork for weapons with small ap costs
with hit & run a 95% ap sledge tank can get his sprint mp refunded with every attack (or jumping bean, drifter, etc)

>>3592767
yeah sure
show me other games that bother with it to that extent, more than underrail does
I'll wait on your answer

>>3592774
if youre not a crafter then you hardly need money to begin with
>>
>>3592848
>with hit & run a 95% ap sledge tank
>original poster literally says he's running a 3 CON STR/AGI build
Uh oh, guess you exposed your ADHD! KWAB
>>
>>3592851
>not a good feat even on gun builds
whoopsie!
Short bus.
>>
>>3592848
>show me other games that bother with it to that extent, more than underrail does
I think you misunderstand: Underrail's in-game economy is at a point where it takes away from the game rather than add to it.
>>
>>3592858
I disagree
you're just buttmad that you can't have it your way all the time
I think having it your way all the time is boring and self-indulgent
>>
>>3592845
>UR merchants have a limit of currency that refreshes at fixed intervals
>this is different to other games in which merchants have a limit of currency that refreshes at fixed intervals
I'm positive some crappy JRPGs have real limits, as the merchants never get more money (unless you buy from them). Probably some SaGa nonsense or other poorly designed game I can't put my finger on.
>>
>>3592872
in a game about specialization rather than free adaptation, this attitude seems misplaced
>>
File: apogee.png (836 KB, 871x489)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
Does anybody know how much pickpocket you need to get cathcarts insignia?
>>
>>3592230
>Underrail is just meh.
>Sinks 900 hours into it
>>3591667
ŠšoŠ“ Š½ac ce Š·Š±opŠø yтeŠ¼eљeŠ½o цŠøŠ³oјŠ½epy.
>>
>>3589377
>lot of people get filtered at the oil processing stag
Really? I'm pretty bad at these kinds of games and the oil processing didn't seem hard
Managing conveyors and assemblers was much more annoying than managing pipes, pumps and tanks
>>
>the map is completely fucked
>the jetskis are completely fucked
>inventory management is completely fucked
>out-of-combat movement speed is way too slow even at max speed
>the quest log is bugged
If you fix these I will play your game.
>>
>>3594009
weak lies
>>
>>3594064
Forced to confront your shit game shortcomings face-to-face now that someone is criticizing something other than balance? The game is piss easy even on dominating with the stimulants and cover abuse.
>>
File: Pathetic.png (271 KB, 675x271)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>3594080
Weak.

I've btfo-ing you spineless faggots the entire thread, and now you're resorting to blatant lies in the slim hope of fooling ignorant third-parties.
>>
File: file.png (106 KB, 299x169)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>3594092
you can't even respond kek
>>
>>3594094
the map isnt fucked
jetskis arent fucked
etc

the only response there can be is "nuh uh"
Faggot. Pussy. Kike.
>>
File: file.png (1.97 MB, 1024x1024)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB PNG
>>3594103
Oh dear I've touched a nerve. Your map is unusable and your jetski pathfinding and combat is bugged. Maybe work a bit more on your programming skills and make a community patch for styg?
>>
>>3594105
>If I post anime reaction pics, they won't know I'm triggered!
Keep sucking at games, filtered faggot.

Underrail really isn't even that hard, which makes it all the more pathetic.
>>
>>3594080
>and cover abuse.
There is no cover, it's LoS abuse.
>>
>>3594111
>Underrail really isn't even that hard, which makes it all the more pathetic.
>If you know all the tricks the game isn't difficult
Incredible.
>>
>>3594113
strawman
weak pathetic merchant, getting bested by a goy
>>
>>3594112
and anybody who has ever played a 0 mp tank knows that npcs "abuse" it just fine as well
>>
File: 1724019553458196.png (164 KB, 330x330)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>3594009
>the map is completely fucked
baseless lie
>the jetskis are completely fucked
baseless lie
>inventory management is completely fucked
ADHD issue
>out-of-combat movement speed is way too slow even at max speed
ADHD issue
>the quest log is bugged
baseless lie
>>
>fighting unarmed vs Carnifex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSeAV--xUlI
>>
age of decadence

I'm glad my ego is so powerful that I just won't give up

you just have to adapt
>>
>>3594403
AoD is one of the greatest RPGs ever created.
Just accept failure as an acceptable conclusion to your character's story and try again, instead of save-loading and respeccing all the time.
It's pretty much the only
>just roleplay, bro
RPG I know.
>>
shit thread harper, you pathetic attention whore.
>>
>>3596711
t. filtered and butthurt
>>
this thread made me take this game for a spin, since ive had it for a while and haven't played it.
people complaining about builds are retarded, shit was pretty easy to make a consistent good build from the start where i didn't feel useless. I did die to a landmine first run around but that was on me
>>
>>3596732
said the one who got so butthurt at Styg that he fled to make its own cringe gay server
>>
>>3597816
says the one who fled stygs server because harper was there!
kek
>>
the underrail civil war approaches, dark times are upon us
>>
>>3598046
>he didn't know these threads were a faggy discord group all along
>>
>>3598254
Is the discord group in the room right now?
>>
>>3592903
>in a game about specialization rather than free adaptation
Yeah it's a game for autists (the bad kind), since it overly emphasizes extremely unintuitive character building that promotes inhuman levels of idiot savantry because the depressed serb that made the game hates the idea of letting you RP a competent Conan-esque protagonist. Characters like the "Ladelman" feels like a more suitable protagonist of this type of setting far more than our actual protagonist.
>>
File: 1614171777283.png (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>3598391
>because the depressed serb that made the game hates the idea of letting you RP a competent Conan-esque protagonist
There are countless of other RPGs (most as a matter of fact) that let you do that.
>WHY ISN'T THIS GAME JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SLOP I PLAY
It just isn't bro. If you don't like the game, that's fine, just move on bro.
>>
>>3598391
>>3598498
hold up; why can't you "RP a competent conan-esque protagonist" in underrail?
do you mean because you can't have max points in each stat?
>>
>UR discord fight during the special olympics
It fits.

>>3598391
>extremely unintuitive character building
You literally max your damage ability and pick your weapon feats. The only backward stuff is crafting, which is unintuitive but easy, and maybe versatility builds until you're familiarized with the system.
>>
File: Underrail stats.png (2.23 MB, 1922x1084)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
I'm bored of always doing light armour builds and i've never actually played with an assault rifle before in this game, how are these for starting stats for tin can or should I just drop agi completely
>>
>>3598764
Yeah that's fine.
I would never go below 6 agi for a tincan build.
>>
>>3598254
Are you saying I should be keeping track of autistic discord groups? Go to your room, time out session 30 minutes
>>
>>3598670
>hold up; why can't you "RP a competent conan-esque protagonist" in underrail?
Because your protagonist is (functionally) an idiot savant, as I explained before.
>do you mean because you can't have max points in each stat?
I think how most attributes are effectively "dead" if you aren't interested in a feat (see: Perception for every single melee build in existence) is a big problem with the systems set in Underrail. The sheer lack of "diffused" builds is a symptom of greater issues with the game as a whole, and since ASIs have zero diminishing returns I know for a fact it's intentionally designed this way.
Even something as rudimentary as carrying a pistol as a "sidearm" isn't an assumption baked into the game, not even in the case of having something to switch to when you're out of bullets since you can just switch into a virtual exact copy of your primary weapon in your other hand slot. You either "build" for pistols or you simply never bother at all.
Furthermore, the sheer variety of guns allowed on your personage only grants the illusion of choice, which in spite of being a "tacticool"-coded RPG, doesn't offer you any means for such. Every other weapon becomes irrelevant immediately after you put your "focus" on enhancing your spray and pray, or improving the number of shots you can output from your sniper rifle. Humorously, Styg sees it fit that you have a wide variety of grenades on hand at all times, even though those are no less "tools" fit for a specific task than an assault rifle or SMG would be.
On a personal note, I just can't stand feat bloat. A good amount of maneuvers (sprinting, yelling, even just called shots) should be available by default, which can optionally be unlocked/enhanced with further investment into your various attributes/skills. Of course, something like Yell should at least require a feat to scale off intimidate.
>>3598748
>You literally max your damage ability and pick your weapon feats.
See above.
>>
File: AR tank.jpg (278 KB, 1601x886)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>3598764
>>
>>3598860
>as I explained before.
no, you didnt
explain why you cant build a conan
>>
>>3598979
Stfu, moron. I knew it was a waste of time trying to explain this to you.
>>
>>3598982
I knew you had no real argument
you just came here to bitch
>>
What other modern RPGs should I play if I liked Underrail and Age of Decadence a lot?
>>
>>3598991
I was shitposting with the Conan thing, but I already elaborated on my main criticism of the game's underutilization of its granularity in favor of turgid feat bloat, which ties into my point that it's impossible to make a good swiss army knife character since every single weapon in the game does the SAME exact thing before you dump a ton of feats into it, so why would you ever diverge from a single weapon? Even Fallout was smart enough to make weapon performance hinge largely on the weapon ITSELF instead of crit for poo ffor 300% pee once every 3 turns. Not only that, but as mentioned before the amount of "locking basic maneuvers behind a feat every 2 levels" is asinine. Imagine if Infusion introduces all these new mechanics, like cover or whatever, just to lock EVERYTHING behind feats again!
I don't think someone who actually enjoys RPGs made this game, just someone with severe OCD and an obsessive need for design compartmentalization.
>>
>>3599293
oh anon

I guess you could check out wasteland 2

>>3599296
but weapon performance basically does hinge on the weapon itself
a specced out q160 AR is going to fuck no matter which 250 effective-guns-skill character is using it
>>
>>3582283
I pirate everything Styg does
>>
>>3599722
stygger is from serbia; he made the equivalent of millions of dollars
he's set
>>
>>3599726
He put his money in his studio and got a lot of workers betting on Infusion. He'll die as a homeless man living in a dumpster.
>>
>>3599722
i purchase everything styg does
>>3599815
i am going to purchase infusion so he should be able to eat for several years with that money
>>
>>3599815
he didnt get a lot of workers
he added one guy who left a couple years later

>>3599847
based best-game supporter
>>
File: underrail ribbit threads.png (613 KB, 1752x1888)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
redit game
>>
>>3600131
clearly not, kek
>>
what's your favourite song in Underrail, for me its foundry
>>
File: Music.png (35 KB, 429x541)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>3600676
>>
>>3582283
Yeah i got filtered, the whole fight enemies, go back to get healed by a doctor gotta kinda got boring for my sledgehammer only character, so what's expedition all about?
>>
>>3600985
>go back to get healed by a doctor
What the fuck anon, you shouldn't be doing that after the first few hours.
>what's expedition all about?
You get hired to go on an expedition.
>>
Whats the best assault rifle frame
>>
how do I kill psi beetles and bots at the start of the game on dominating with a knife build
>>
>>3601228
hornet, but chimera for commando bursts

>>3601300
a shock knife (theres some guaranteed ones), taser/net, opportunist
expose weakness ASAP
if you're too scrub to fight them, just stealth past them until you hit 6th and take EW
>>
>>3600676
SGS and Dropzone are the only ones I like enough to listen to outside of the game.
>>
>>3601300
>how do I kill [...] at the [...] game on dominating with a [...] build
Grenades.
>>
>>3601409
nades on dom arent great, especially past the early game
>>
File: 1523006866921.png (7 KB, 500x500)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>flahsbang, gas and EMP aren't great on dom
>>
>>3602759
ah, yes; incendiary too
I meant damage nades tho: frag, HE, plasma
>>
>Oh no now it takes 2 turns to kill most things with MKllls/lVs after a mass stun from a flash
Them only being countered by bosses having high health and evasion or super tanky enemies can't be their only issue. Hell the Demo belt and 3 pointer can then even one shot most those things after a stun or evasion lowering move
>>
>>3602877
the demo belt is semi-random and can only be obtained after one of the hardest fights in the game, which btw, is basically impossible for nade-throwers
>>
>>3602878
DESU you can still gas them bear trap cheese. As long as your able to one shot em at a time bringing vanishing powder can help disengage after each kill.
But really...
>if didn't get them you got ice T
And that can be a more annoying and harder fight since you can't straight kill the damn thing with reliable strategies.

Though if your doing a pure throwing build for grenades getting corrosive acid and or PK really helps you shred tanks. Which are the only builds I see rely on grenades for damage
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.15 MB, 1920x1080)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>3600676
savage attack
lem outside
lem inside
expedition theme
grey army theme
original main theme
protectorate
sgs
tchort full
heavy duty main theme
heavy duty combat theme
>>
>>3582283
>Developer thinks something in the game is too strong, adjusts it to be in line with other mechanics
>This causes unending years of screeching and wailing from people who believe they have been personally wronged
I'll never understand it.
>>
>>3604222
>Developer thinks something in the game is too fun, adjusts it to be in line with other mechanics
>This causes people to play other games
Psi is as strong as it was before the "nerf", hell is even stronger for single discipline builds furtherly promoting the "take TM" on every build.
>>
>>3582283
My fun with this game skyrocketed when I used cheat engine to give myself 16 in every stat, all feats, a couple extra specialisation points and infinite money. Playing on dominating the round things out. (And get extra content locked behind the difficulty)

Itā€™s more fun trying out different builds, collecting unique items and progressing when halfway through a playthrough I can just go back to my locker and change my gear/approach.

Some missions I sneak and use swords/throwing knives other times I go full Rambo with a mining and fusion cannon.

If styg added respecing and some more intuitive quest design where I donā€™t have to have the wiki open I would probably not cheat.
>>
>>3604527
>where I donā€™t have to have the wiki open
zoomeritis
>>
Been a while since I played

What does it mean that LMG have no skill requirement compared to miniguns?

Also is stoicism worth it for a high str build? I don't think I'd take anything else from willpower
>>
>>3605403
some guns have a minimum guns skill requirement to use them or you take a penalty

some people play stoic heavy guns tanks, but so far my best experience is with a str vers tank
>>
File: spearbuild.jpg (704 KB, 2429x1232)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg4FBggDAwcAAB4AwqAAwpYAwoLCggAAwozCjCNawoIAAABGAABLOStFwpTCksKvwqwSwqrCk0bCq1LCtnd8woIp4p-EAeKnggLip4wD4rOOAuK2tQLitrYD4reJAt-8
anyone have tips for a spear/riotshield build? I'm level 20 rn and it's pretty sturdy but I'm not killing quite as quickly as I'd like. Would also appreciate reccomendations for any knife builds.
>>
File: Knife Ninja .png (237 KB, 1850x882)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
>>3606317
my best advice for a spear+riotshield build is dont
its possibly the worst build

knife builds are ez and play as smooth as butter
>>
>>3606317
Guard is relatively useless to get as a feat since the chance doesn't stack well compared to others and doesn't increase bash damage.
Shield bash can do decent damage though if built for it. But that's more for a captain america fist build or knife side arm to quickly build boarding up.

In all honesty dissamble can be great since it allows you to keep the cloths used in riot shields
>>
>>3606317
Prob honestly want to get 6 Dex for cheap shots it can trigger with shield bash and goes great with impale and change another feat for crit power.
Prob can change serial killer for it or opportunist for more coverage.
>>
>>3582283
Pretending you're hardcore for being obsessed with this game in an unhealthy way doesn't make anyone respect you. Dominating says right on the menu screen "This mode was not meant to be played, it is not balanced, it was added for the autistic incels on Discord who won't leave me alone."
As soon as you realize one very simple rule of this game's design, it's not a filter at all. And that rule is: Minmax. Simple as that.
>>
>>3606351
>>3606358
>>3606325
thanks for the help frens, I'll drop guard for cheap shots
>>
>>3582283
Where's the mod support thoughever?
>>
File: shield bash.jpg (340 KB, 1144x758)
340 KB
340 KB JPG
>>3606446
ya guard sucks because it doesn't synergies with the shields innate block it counts as a separate one. So it doesn't benefit from boarding up or shield bash. At most at max STR it can only sometimes block 40 mech if not 20 mech on top of the 35% chance to even block at all
Shield arm does though so you should get that sooner so your shield has a 50% block chance. pick related is shield bashes potential but focusing on the block amount shield arm will increase that by another 10-11 while boarder up boosting it to 20-22 or 30-33 if boards fully specced. Doing Foundry's can get you a 150Q or around tungsten shield for 70+ block.
>>
>>3606434
>it's not a filter at all
and yet
>>
Guard in all honesty needs a rework since it's a riot shield feat with less synergies than Cryo shield with it.
If all it did was give more block per STR added to shield it be prob be a must but as is even boxing gloves will give you more effective blocking than it

Anyone know any other feat that fundamentally as fucked as it
>>
>>3607391
guard works regardless of what youre holding or wearing, so its nice in that respect
but it sucks for the same reason riot shields suck; its only effective against melee mechanical damage and even then only if youre lucky
>>
File: Lemuria.png (330 KB, 629x561)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
What's your favorite dungeon in underrail and why?
>>
>>3608076
Rathound King's rape cave
>>
>>3608077
first time ive heard that

It was great for me my first time because I was playing an xbow trapper and got tons of free traps
>>
>>3583641
>No one has ever been filtered by a Bethesda game
Fallout 76.
>>
>>3608069
I'm more upset by the fact that it can't boost shield bash.
If it only applied to shields it could've potentially give a near 120 block with a max boarding and 20STR. On top of what shield arm gives as well it would've near double the damage most shields can do besides tungsten.
>>
>>3608095
>refusing to eat shit is being filtered
I don't think you know how filters work, anon.
>>
>>3591667
Crnčugo, majmune.
>>
>>3608076
depot A generally has the best design due to how many different ways you can get to the circuit board
>>
>>3611581
I was hoping somebody would say it. It's probably the best dungeon in the game.
>>
>>3587740
Styg has never said it is "true to classic fallout" he's even said in interviews he's only ever compared it to fallout because it's the easiest way to explain it but that it's pretty different. Also he's an Orthodox Catholic Serb, did they expect him to love black homos? These people see gay pride coca-cola ads and think "yeah that's what the world is like"
>>
>>3611707
>Orthodox Catholic
>>
>>3589273
if there was some sort of legitimate claim here, then the game would have been removed from steam. therefore, there isn't. say what you want about styg, who even gives a fuck, but the game is just a game. draw whatever parallels you want, but the only intolerant bigots here are the ones that need every piece of media to conform to their personal ideology.
>>
File: Pl_f_rhk.png (5 KB, 50x100)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
I find the female rat hound OUTFIT hot
>>
>underrail fangay has bottom barrel standards
Who would have thought?
>>
File: 1698305748642871.jpg (38 KB, 808x805)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>years of cheesing my way through literally every single game
>recently been trying to give it up and get better
>decide to replay underkino since it's been a couple of years and i want to give it a serious attempt
>beat depot a with some luck, and a bunch of seething/savescumming
>everyone seems to say depot a is the main "filter" for most people so i figure it should be fine from there onwards
>proceed to next quest at rail crossing
>instantly btfo'd by faceless around the shop
this just isn't the game for me is it bros
>>
>>3612099
It's an RPG, if you run into a roadblock then go do something else and if that thing also turns out to be a roadblock go look for another thing.
>>
>>3612099
Legit. Some people just can't into tactics. I used to play D&D with some friends who were all smart college grads and they were fucking RETARDED when it comes to tactics.
>>
>>3612099
>>years of cheesing my way through literally every single game
Then UR should be really easy since the AI is retarded and you can cheese it in a million ways.
>>
>>3612099
You can gain no less than three levels working through the trashcans around core city. That's how shit the game gets.
>>
>>3612440
> Some people just can't into tactics. I used to play D&D with some friends who were all smart college grads and they were fucking RETARDED when it comes to tactics.
A society which separates its warriors from its scholars will have its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.
>>
>>3613490
Inaccurate. If you get there very early, you can level more than three, but if you get there when you max out and need 30 to hit the next level, im not sure you could even get one.
>>
File: hereandnow.jpg (18 KB, 289x180)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>3613621
To be honest you can do the same thing pickpocketing and lockpicking every little thing there on classic. Or went disarming the rathounds kings traps on classic
On oddity getting to the later lvls have your exp process in a stand still often. I don't know why you complain about the easy lvl ups it has
Pacifist play styles are a thing but still things like this garbage perk exist elsewhere if you want a more egregious example of easy lvls
>>
Dead game, dead genre, dead board.
>>
File: SOON (3).png (229 KB, 814x294)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>3614034
>>
>>3614031
I'm not complaining. Anon I replied to was complaining, but was lying/wrong, as usual.
>>
>>3591246
That guy's an embarrassing onion boy though
>>
>>3614109
It was for the anon >>3613490
Just miss clicked the wrong thing
>>
Trying an underknight sword build that will pick up a set of reinforced super steel armor with full armor sloping spec. I have two questions if anyone is willing to answer:
>Can I still stack 3 super steel plates + one serrated blade and still go over the 50% AP threshold to proc juggernaut?
>originally considered brutality because I already have yell, but I figure I may as well grab a metal helmet if I'm going to be a knight which means no room for death's grin, so should I replace it with dirty kick, opportunist, or critical power?
>>
File: SS armor penalty.png (223 KB, 1116x597)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>3615874
pic-related might help

anyway you want crit power for sure, opportunist is also great
dirty kick I would only take if you wear metal boots and/or intend to stealth
dont take it without opportunist regardless
>>
>>3615877
Thank you. This is with the full spec, correct? Bear with me here but if my math is correct, with Armor Sloping Spec +2, 3 Super Steel Plates and 1 Tungsten Serrated Blade, the total only comes out at 49%, correct? Not quite sure my best course of action here is since I really want to max Armor Sloping... would a single Tichrome bar substitute work, or should I just go for quad SS?
>>
>>3615883
Oh yeah there's Regen Vest I guess, but I don't have much room to fit in Fast Metabolism.
>>
>>3615883
its supposed to be sloping + spec + nimble, yeah
I dont know the rest; ive been out of underrail for a while
>>
>>3615874
Wanted to do a knight type build before with riposte but god damn it wasn't worth it since it only stacks 1 time and only sword that increases it is in expedition. Feels like the spec should of been increasing riposte stacks instead of of more crit chance.
But either way if your going swords you should definitely do crit power since they have great scaling with em and cheap shots. Your prob be at or over 300% crit with them both.
>>
>>3615900
Yeah I'm not doing any special gimmicks, just high STR and enough CONDEX/AGI for Last Stand, Flurry, and Sprint respectively really.
>>
>>3615902
K, fancy footwork might be worth considering though I don't know how stretched you are for feats but it goes hard if you can keep flurry going
>>
>>3582283
>Has any game ever filtered and triggered shitters as much as underrail?
Morrowind. Been over 20 years and some anons still seethe at its mention
>>
>>3615908
>fancy footwork
My armor penalty will be a tad too high to meaningfully reap the benefits sadly. Sprint and striders will probably work fine for the most part.
>>
>>3615883
worst case you just use more tichrome or tungsten
doubt it will matter too much
>>
>>3599815
>He put his money in his studio and got a lot of workers betting on Infusion.
nope. he bought a summer house with a pool, and a porsche.
>>
What's a good, and most importantly, FUN build for a complete beginner in this game? I've heard a lot about tin can AR builds, but I've heard that it becomes really boring really quickly
>>
>>3617034
Quad school psychosis
>>
>>3617034
>underrail
>FUN build for a complete beginner
It was full psi but isn't fun anymore because the game must be le hard*.

*is actually just tedious
>>
>>3617034
stealthy AR commando is pretty fun imo
7 str, good agi/per
>>
>>3617034
chem pistols are always max fun

https://underrail.info/build/?CgMMCgQDAwcjAAA8PDw8AAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAAAACQ5wqNhwpFWR9--
>>
I regret buying this game years ago.
It's not fun just tedious
>>
Any games in a similar style to Underrail that are worth a try?
>>
>>3617449
After I beat it on Dominating without getting bored after doing Expedition, I'll never touch UR again.
>>
>>3617460
I feel like I underrail isn't for even a lot of the people who play these types of games.
I also feel like it's fans are incapable of viewing anything outside of their extreme meta knowledge and experiences.
>>
>>3617462
>I feel like I underrail isn't for even a lot of the people who play these types of games.
I sort of get what you mean. It's a game where it's easy to tunnel-vision towards your goal (i.e. bring a build to completion) and easily ignore the sum of its parts which are, for lack of a better term, very underwhelming. I don't think anyone actually likes the tedious oddity scavenging every playthrough goes through the moment Depot A is completed, for example.
>>
>>3617463
I mean everything in the game is even geared to what your build is.
Everything is about your build or combat and not really roleplaying, story, or exploration
It just slowly becomes more tedious over time as I never really felt like I was building towards anything meaningful besides the build itself
>>
>>3585553
Underrail is very anti-convenience and carpal tunnel simulator
>No way to sort items by weight or value
>No way to change to list view in inventory. Rapid reloader and all barrels look the same
>No way to tag items of interest so that you can find items of interest at a glance
>No search bar to filter items
>No keyring so all those cards and keys dont take up 90% of inventory space
>No directional movement via keyboard so I have to click everywhere
>No Tab-select enemies and Enter to shoot so I have to click all enemies to shoot
>Useless intermediate crafting steps like Extract Humor
>No select-self keyboard shortcut so I have to PTC by clicking myself everytime
>No select active weapon shortcut so I have to click on my weapon with repair kits everytime
>No saving in combat
>No floor indicators so you have to squint your eyes checking for those caltrops pixels per tile
>No equipment sets so I have to equip my lockpicking gear and hacking gear everytime
>No way to select current area for looting so you have to click on all items
I remember someone on the discord said this game was spaghetti coded and Styggers got mad. The fact that even the simple featurs that are in a majority of rpgs isnt in this game is evident of the spaghetti.
>>
>>3617486
>No keyring so all those cards and keys dont take up 90% of inventory space
just use the view without quest items.
>No directional movement via keyboard so I have to click everywhere
m2 drag is all you need really. it's very nice.
>Useless intermediate crafting steps like Extract Humor
design philosophy - suffering via opportunity cost. hearts and such weight a ton, so need either carry capacity, invest into bio, or leave the components.
time spent is also often used as a cost.

but yes, it's very much a bowl of spaghetti, and the rest are how they are just to maximize the players misery. and infusion will have a lot more of these mechanics that intend to annoy.
>>
>>3617450
I enjoyed wasteland 2, but its definitely not for everybody
shadowrun returns is okay; its way simpler and more linear and cheaper, but I liked it
fallout 1 and 2 are very dated now, but are worth playing

none of them are just like underrail though

>>3617463
oddity scavenging is no different from playing the game normally; you find them as you go

>>3617477
>or exploration
thats just not true
underrail encourages exploration and has tons of places to find that you dont have to find

>>3617486
>the game doesnt play for me!
>>
>>3617665
>fallout 1 and 2 are very dated now, but are worth playing
IMO FO1 and 2 have aged remarkably well for a CRPG of that time
>>
Is this game actually immersive and interesting besides build autism?
>>
>>3617674
absolutely
>>
>>3617439
That sounds fun, what does it play like?
>>3617245
I'll play on easy if it's too annoying, no regrets
>>3617238
Isn't magic always considered to be for subsequent playthroughs in these sorts of games?
>>3617352
This one seems like it's relatively simple while staying fun, I might just do this
>>
>>3617696
>I'll play on easy if it's too annoying
Tedium isn't tied to difficulty, Anon. Game is designed to be choring no matter what.
>>
Is classic XP viable? I feel like the oddity system will soon turn into a tedious checklist of trying to find random crap
>>
>>3617734
the higher the difficulty, the stronger classic becomes
on dom you overlevel quickly
on hard they're probably about even
on normal or easy you're probably very underleveled

but as I said earlier; you find oddities as you play
unless you're some subhuman who cant click on containers
>>
>>3617665
I never was able to get into Wasteland. It's a shame because it seems like a good game with plenty of depth, but it just doesn't grab me.
Done all the Fallouts. Might give Shadowrun Returns another go. I think I actually preferred the solo protag in that over the party from Dragonfall.

Of all the games I've played, I think Balrum is pretty similar in gameplay to Underrail. Solo main character, mostly free exploring with story as general direction, classless, crafting options.
Combat balance is fucked, though. Fighting is often tedious and frustrating.
>>
>>3617736
I'm pretty much a loot maniac in CRPGs, but if it really is as well balanced as you say and you don't have to spend 10 hours trying to find oddities for XP then I guess I'll try it in my first playthrough
I was mostly worried about having to spend loads of time hoping to get good RNG or hunting down stuff, because grinding enemies sounds more fun at that point
>>
>>3617738
>Wasteland
>depth
nah, don't worry about that, you aren't missing much.
>>
>>3617740
nah
if you want to get as much exp as possible, you can grind enemies for drops or hunt down the harder oddities, but its not necessary at all
with expedition installed, the level cap is 30
if you get every oddity exp in the game, you could hit about lvl 32 if it existed
as it stands, I can easily get to 30th before going to the endgame area, and even most players who cant be bothered to chase down oddities will finish at about 28th
with a good build, lvl 20 is plenty to beat the game, so yeah

>>3617738
I remember reading a little about balrum years ago, but I never really looked into it
I'll do so now
>>
Do I actually have to watch an hour long video on youtube to now what build I should do or can I get by with just doing stuff on my own?
>>
>>3617696
you shoot globs of acid/napalm at things for very little damage with a high chance to root/fear them and the roots/fears do a decent amount of damage so nothing can ever actually harm you
you can add whatever magic you like to it even with 3 will
>>
>>3617786
on normal just picking a weapon and leveling the stat it is associated with is enough
defensively you want high electronics and some combination of evasion, constitution and stealth
or just have 8 strength for metal armor
>>
>>3617940
So if I use common CRPG sense I should be able to make a competent character without being glued to a guide, right? By common CRPG sense I mean not putting 2 points into random skills I won't ever use and focusing on one stat mainly
>>
>>3617962
the hard part is certain talents require certain stat thresholds that are not immediately obvious if you don't look them up
so if you wanted to go assault rifles you would want 7 strength for full auto even though the weapon only needs 6 to wield
and crafting your own weapons and armor is mandatory for most characters
>>
>>3617979
>certain talents require certain stat thresholds that are not immediately obvious if you don't look them up
par for the course in this genre, sadly. I hope I can see even the talents I can't unlock yet when I level up so I can plan forward a bit, if not that is kinda annoying
>>
>>3617979
You can kinda plan for feats with checking the show all tabs on the character sheet tab or lvl ups. That still kinda sucks though when adv feats and spec points come in at lvl 16.
Not knowing you get them later kinda kinda fucks over new players since some feats specs are more crucial to get early
>>
>>3617696
>Isn't magic always considered to be for subsequent playthroughs in these sorts of games?
Psi is easy so it helps introduce the game and it gives a lot of lore.
>>
>>3617786
No. Theres "good enough to beat it" and "can win every fight in the game". You can get "good enough to beat it" on your own with a bit of sense and thinking ahead. That's all you need your first time.
>>
>>3617992
>I hope I can see even the talents I can't unlock yet when I level up
You can,except for the veteran feats. But for what it's worth that stuff is expansion-only and even then you can beat the game comfortably without even reaching veteran levels.
>>
Is this game one of those deceptively demanding games like project zomboid or dwarf fortress? And is it playable without a mouse?
>>
>>3618164
No and no.
>>
>>3617665
>oddity scavenging is no different from playing the game normally; you find them as you go
No, its just a checklist of dumpsters to dig around in. Boring.
>>
>>3618347
IMO is a cool thing to do once, since it "forces" you to explore and scavenge all over Underrail. After that you need to be both autistic and retarded to replay using oddity.
>>
>>3618350
But then you run into the problem where you're accidentally too strong to incentivize... really any exploration, from thereon.
All of this could be solved if Stygg just came up with a competent classic XP based progression system.
>>
>>3618347
ah, a subhuman who cant click on containers
never ceases to amaze
>>
>>3618357
Keep moving the goalposts, bro.
>>
>>3618361
keep sucking at videogames, you crybaby faggot
>>
>>3618369
Fatty
>>
>>3618370
youre jelly of my belly, ad hominemer
>>
how easy is it to get a lot of firecracker caps without cheat engine
>>
>>3618394
theres a handful of guaranteed ones, and some merchants seem to always have them
>>
How much do noisy weapons such as snipers and shotguns etc lessen the need to invest points in stealth? I mean you break stealth in a large radius as soon as you start dealing damage.
>>
>>3620023
you don't "need" stealth it just lets you skip fights or guarantee initiative
grenade launchers and on a stealth build I was able to use the extreme amount of noise they make to my advantage though
>unstealth out of sight
>start combat
>shoot enemy group
>they die
>enter stealth
>every enemy in the zone runs to the sound of the explosion
>shoot them when they are grouped up
>>
>disable Expeditions
>no more silly jetskis
>no pointless, time-wasting islands
Ahh, much better.
>>
>>3620062
I finished up Expedition for the first time a couple months back and was left incredibly underwhelmed. The amount of time wasted having to deal with hundreds of crickets taking their turns to shoot at you and going from one end of the map back to base camp was exhausting. I didn't even care about any of the loot I found. I had to force myself to finish that snoozefest.
If I ever replay this game, I'm never playing Expedition again.
>>
>>3620085
every area with locusts is optional
>>
File: 1642655947494.jpg (33 KB, 400x291)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>3617635
>and infusion will have a lot more of these mechanics that intend to annoy.
The Serb exists to inflict misery upon the westoids. Styg is merely the latest iteration in a long line of based balkaniggers.
>>
>>3620236
Serbs act like jews. Croats are far superior.
>>
>>3620108
NTA but why do you keep trying to correct people the whole thread?
>>
>>3620250
Discordniggers can't accept any criticism of their beloved game. If you point that the whole appeal of the game is exploring and the horrible tedious and no challenging locust fights are in the way he'll probably just reply "git gud" or "filtered" or other retarded, Discord e-creed, shit.
>>
>>3620342
git gud
>>
>>3620342
filtered
>>
>>3617486
>"I need a sorting and cataloguing system for my 76429 pieces of loot I'm carrying arround and also mass loot and also one button to proc literally hundreds of crafting actions instantly
We're reaching Al Fabet levels that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
where is new game, serb?
>>
>>3617635
I've always felt like underrail was a competition in cheesing between us and styg. Like he knows we'll find ways to cheese so he cheeses the playerbase. Like he's not there but he's playing against us.
>>
>>3620542
Like a DM.
>>
>>3617486
Extract humor let's you get poisons and anticoagulants now you can apply to weapons as is, so it's to much a intermediate thing
I'm for just being able to select enemies or object underneath others. Prob have be scrollable with the mouse wheel or something when hovering over 2 or more things. With items seems like you'll just need a type in command when searching
>why save in combat not even other games has that be a thing
>>
>>3620542
Not really, it really was some autistic and retarded sycophants in Discord that hated psi for some reason and people having fun in the "wrong way". I mean, beartraps and grenades are still in the game untouched.
>>
>>3620588
the psi nerf was styggers idea
>>
>>3620588
>I mean, beartraps and grenades are still in the game untouched.
And PSI is still ridiculously overpowered.
>>
>>3620657
Better than before most of the time, but full psi went for "super fun" to "super tedious".
>>
>>3620687
>Pure PSI is the easiest to get up and running, has great utility, good damage, and is incredibly simple to theorycraft
>Oh no I have to innervate, it's so tedious
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>3620708
>mechanic that only add busywork
>"this is a good addition"
And AR tincan is still better and easier.
>>
>>3620721
cry cry cry
>>
>>3620726
>literally no argument
Go figure.
>>
>>3620721
>And AR tincan is still better and easier.
>Tincans are shit until you get good plates
>ARs are shit since the smart module/burst combo nerf
Literally, the only reason pure PSI is worse is because you have to occasionally make three extra clicks with your mouse.
The AR nerf and the spearhead nerf were way, way worse in terms of power loss, but all you hear about is
>muh PSI
>>
File: stygged.png (11 KB, 859x135)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>3620687
more like super fun to super stupid. so many of the more niche spells stay completely unused now. utter waste. prime example of stog design, however.
>>
>>3620588
>I mean, beartraps and grenades are still in the game untouched.
This is what gets to me the most. I don't know why these faggots bitch and moan about PSI such as >>3620708 do, when you still have to make numerous concessions to your build to fit them in the first place (except for TM, which was a stupid fucking idea for a PSI school to begin with). Meanwhile I just killed Maclander super early to get his Claymore by abusing like 20 bear traps at a chokepoint, which I managed to set up by bypassing the guards through black stealth gear + cloak, and I didn't even have a single point in either the traps or stealth skill respectively.
>>
>>3620756
AR is still really fucking good though, but I agree that tin can is overrated. There's so many fights where you'll just eat shit for having no mobility until way way later on.
>>
Just found out expertise works on the shield bash as well as TfB also boosts it.
Expertise seems to not scale well though with other melee damage boosts. Will have to see if the shield bash damage spec affacts it at all
>>
>7 stats
>only 5 starting points to spend
It's not enough. Why do they do this?
>>
>>3621644
it is enough
>>
>>3621644
>Why do they do this?
Humiliation ritual to make you effectively crippled and incompetent.
>>
File: Xpbl_fm_l.png (15 KB, 100x100)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>3582283
speaking of which, what's he looking for again? I never gotten past Philosophy II
>>
>>3621654
No, I want more.
>>3621769
Sick bastards.
>>
Is the dev actually an asshole and full of himself, or are people mad about him for no reason?
>>
>>3621791
>what's he looking for
Something long and hard to puff and suck on
>>
>>3621803
He's annoying but it doesn't really matter. Good game.
>>
File: 1726993025319981.jpg (222 KB, 690x666)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>3621803
the dev is an actual fart-huffing albanian, his cesspit of a discord server shids & fards at my mere suggestion of addition of axes in-game as both weapon & tool
>>
>>3621816
You retard. There are no trees underground, what would you need an axe for?
>>
>>3621825
lol u assuming twat, why do you think firemen often carries axes during call outs, and why do you think an axe is a bit more simpler weapon to handle than say a mace or god forbid a sledgehammer....
>>
>>3621827
They carry axes to chop down wooden doors to gain access. Have you ever seen any wooden doors in Underrail?
>>
>>3621832
soo I cant use it as a weapon then? according to your shoebox logic coming off from your shoebox smoothbrain, axes can only be used for chopping trees, wood, and lastly wooden doors? Is that right?
>>
>>3621803
theyre mad because theyre filtered
theyre mad because he wont cave to their whiny demands
>>
>>3621816
>>3621825
>>3621827
>>3621832
>>3621835
quit replying to yourself, faggot
>>
>>3582797
Not gunna lie fallout 1 and 2 were my jam and 3 fucking suuuucked. Everything since is trash.

Morrowind also produces nostalgia lie nothing elseā€¦ oblivion was trash. Skyrim was petty good especially when modded into a hiking simulator.

Do feel like we are having a bit of a CRPG golden age though, playing RT right now.

T. Old man.
>>
>>3622204
>>Do feel like we are having a bit of a CRPG golden age though
The golden age is long gone, but maybe you could argue that we are the start of some sort of mainstream revival perhaps
>>
>>3622204
>Do feel like we are having a bit of a CRPG golden age though
*iron age

If it weren't for underrail and wasteland 2 Id say they're all garbage
>>
>want to be a shooter
>need to spread your stats between strength, dexterity, agility, perception and intelligence
>want to be a psi wizard
>only need intelligence and will
And you say psi is underpowered.
>>
>>3622439
Nobody said that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.