[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>int 9
>>
>>3605699
Who is this child?
>>
>>3605707
Valerie from Cuckmaker
>>
>>3605713
It doesn't look anything like her.
>>
>>3605721
How did I instantly recognize her, then?
>>
>>3605699
Wisdom is what truly helps you in life. Experience > IQ
>>
>>3605742
>imoen
Ask that yourself, you lunatic anon.
>>
>>3605742
Face blindness?
>>
>>3605769
My fellow schizo, you are barely coherent.

>>3605780
Nah, the face is clearly different but the hairstyle and her clothing is clearly AI Valerie (also, 9 int was a strong hint).
>>
>>3605699
>9 int
>leaves order dedicated to protecting rare one of
a kind masterworks of art sponsored by her wealthy family and father who loves her dearly to string up common criminals
>constantly complains about being too pretty and getting too much attention only to then whine about not getting enough attention after getting scarred
>embroiders constantly while claiming all art is useless
>"lawful", claims submitting to authority matters while disserting a paladin order to pursue self-interest
I think Valerie is one of the worst written companions in the entire game, absolutely insufferable character.
>>
>>3605767
For a fighter, having a decent intelligence is pretty important in order to learn certain feats. Also her wisdom is an average score of 10 so she doesn't have much of that going on either.
>>
>>3605809
It looks nothing like her.
>>
>9 is low
this is what irl 12s think
>>
>>3607172
-1 to your score is high then? Lol, cope.
>>
>>3607174
>t. 11
>>
>white male
>lawful stupid
>paladin
Yup, it’s gaming time
>>
She is beautiful, Chuds
>>
>>3605699
Perfect retard gf
>>
File: >another-windmill-to-tilt.jpg (3.94 MB, 3700x2536)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB JPG
>>3607241
>white male
>lawful stupid
>paladin
Sancho, that you?
>>
>>3607162
At least she is narratively consistent with her wis and int. She is retarded after all and she even went out of her way to not use her cha at all so she is insufferable to boot.
>>
>>3607926
>Sancho, that you?
Off the cuff and without thinking too much about it, I'd say Don Quixote was a LN cavalier, and Sancho Panza was a CG bard
>>
>>3605699
Is it more beneficial to leave her fight for later when she's high enough lvl or let her lose so you can proceed with her romance earlier?
>>
>>3608835
I am pretty sure it makes no difference, and how you prebuff her is more important for the outcome
>>
Not a virgin.
>>
>>3608835
Just game the fight by casting grease on the arena before triggering the fight.
>>
>>3609467
Yup, she's even more cute now
>>
File: val.jpg (106 KB, 1024x1024)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3609571
>>
>>3607162
All of those contradictions are clearly intentional. She isn't principled, she's just a moron with a stick up her ass.
>>
>>3605699
No shit. She's an atheist, of course she's retarded.
>>
Anyone have a good picture of a scarred Valerie? Owlcat really should have kept Valerie's original portrait instead of changing it into the crap it is today.
>>
>>3605699
>Tell her to tell the shelyn paladins to fuck off
>they aggro on us and we kill all of them
>this fails her quest and gives her a generic ending
I should have been able to picrel her. Its so fucking stupid that some choices in kingmaker just fails the quest immediately its a non choice
>>
>>3609934
also
>whines about how hard it is being pretty and having suitors
>gets a cool scar
>whines about how nobody finds her attractive now because of her kickass scar
fuck off you vain cunt.
>>
>>3609934
She has to get the scar you see and that makes her so repulsive somehow that no one wants to fuck her anymore, making her sad. Then she learns that maybe being a manfaced whore was a good thing.
>>
>>3609932
Original portrait?
>>
File: alphaval.png (2.02 MB, 1362x997)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>3610115
>>
>>3609607
This retard needs more freckles. Then she'll be wife material.
>>
>>3610171
I think the new one is better
>>
Every party based CRPG from the last 20 years is better with a custom party of mute generics
>verification not required
>>
>>3610171
Is it just me or does right look too tall? It's like her head being shorter sends the rest of her out-of-proportion.
>>
>>3610412
It's the chin
>>
>>3607172
9 is the bare minimum needed to be able to read and communicate legibly. Probably uses her finger to follow the words too. A minus means a reduction in int based skills by 1 point, remedial level learning.
>>
>>3610455
>Probably uses her finger to follow the words too
CUTE
>>
>>3610171
Soul vs Soulless but unironically. They got rid of half her armor which made this getup somewhat practical in the first place, then they made her hair muddy and low resolution which looks like crap. Too bad neither version fixes her manjaw thoughever, I liked her better in previous games.
>>
>>3610642
> liked her better in previous games.
Wut?
Also, the right version is the alpha one, left is the final one.
>>
>>3610664
Ah, I must be mixing her up with the dangerhaired healslut from Baldur's Gate, nvm.
>>
>Also, the right version is the alpha one, left is the final one
Also why tf would you do this? Are you a weeb? Before is left, After is right, how fucking complicated is that?!
>>
>>3610671
Well, the fact that it has ALPHA VERSION on the pic itself should have been enough
>>
>>3610676
Still, kinda stupid to put them in reverse order.
>>
File: 17258832636590.png (1.02 MB, 1080x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>3610676
>implying people read tiny text
>implying people read
>>
>>3611163
Which one of them is the biggest size queen though?
>>
File: 1725305190313533.png (771 KB, 692x1024)
771 KB
771 KB PNG
>>3611213
Valerie only fucks farmers so probably her
>>
>>3605699
Fighters don't need int. If you want to see some real horrendous companion stating in crpgs look at shar-teel a fighter with great strength and dex but 9 fucking con. To be honest though I think having a minus in a stat is good for rpgs if done right, it can help characterize and inform the player on what kind of person they are. It also helps differentiate their strengths and weaknesses. In wotr nenio has 12 wis but acts like she has 7
>>
>>3611215
What about combat maneuvers?
>>
>>3611215
Isn’t there a feat line meant for fighters that requires int 13
>>
>>3611163
Why can't I romance Amiri?
>>
>>3611239
maybe because she's an "iconic" character
>>
>>3611239
>Iconic
>too retarded to fuck
>Not fitting Mishulin's or whoever else fetishes
Maybe all of the above
>>
>>3611214
>con 19
Apparently 19 stands for curves
>>
>>3611239
Owlcat had permission to have her as a romance but didn't want to make her one for some reason.
>>
>>3611362
I do not trust paizo any more than owlcat on such matters.
>>
File: xinqiao-xu-3.png (964 KB, 692x1024)
964 KB
964 KB PNG
>>3609932
Ended up editing this portrait even though the scar is tiny and the character's hair color leans more brown then blonde. Still has the stupid haircut and is using an aldori sword which is what I plan on specing Valerie into since you can get bloodhound early with dimensional door shenanigans.
>>
>>3611239
>can't fuck the retarded barbarian
>can't fuck the shortstack bard
>can't fuck the stanky undead puss
What's even the point!
>>
>>3611456
>even though the scar is tiny
Not having her face almost cleaved in half but instead left with an unnoticeable scar actually fits her character better as she is written.
>>
>>3611566
>retarded
She's smarter than Valerie and as smart as Kalikke and Tristian
>>
>>3611566
Best I can do is marrying a nymph and making her your queen
>>
>>3605699
Beautiful women don't need int.
>>
>>3609608
Kinda like the devs.
>>
>>3611232
Yes, it's the prerequisite feat for all combat maneuvers such as tripping and shoving.
>>
>>3611634
>Amiri has 10 int
>literally can't read
I guess Valerie's 9 is worse than I initially thought.
>>
>>3615319
To be fair, she is a barb.
They were unable to read unless they spent a feat, and character wise she is trying too hard to be a proper bard so she refuses to think
>>
*shrugs* id fuck her in the ass
>>
File: Gambargin-7907587.jpg (580 KB, 1448x2048)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>3615332
Imagine her CON 19 ass, damn...
>>
I didn't believe but she's a real dumbo, sometimes in a cute way like when you first meet Ekun and she can't see Octavia's sarcasm. But also when you order that wizard to stop torturing that troll, she's not only against that but also sperging at mc like he's commiting a crime or something. Hopefully she will calm down when he personal quest start and romance proceed further
>>
>>3615625
So this is how Miurata originally envisioned Farnese!
>>
>>3616817
>when you order that wizard to stop torturing that troll
That was one of the handful of spots where their alignment choices really dropped the ball. I wanted an LG option for “stop torturing the troll and kill it humanely, I don’t want trolls in my land or your fucked up torture dungeon, gtfo”
>>
>>3605699

She is an insane tank though. Can solo pretty much every mob with that necklace that does damage over time thing and a proper build.
>>
>>3616952
>insane tank
She is good enough as 11+ TSS/rest stalwart without need for dips even for higehr difficulties (though unfair is an issue for her on act 1 before you get things rolling)
>>
>>3605699
Her stats are complete fucking garbage. 14 strength? For a fighter? 9 int? No skills and her feat options are limited due to her stupidity. Her camping skill is also really bad as it does nothing to benefit the whole party or make camping easier but just gives her an AC buff, and due to her abysmal stats she isn't very good to place anywhere. She can't cook due to no world knowledge and no int, she's awful at keeping watch, and she can't disguise your camp due to no stealth. Her dex is mediocre so any enemy that uses touch attacks will just bypass her armor and tower shield rendering them useless. Why even bother with this cunt?
>>
>>3617022
Valerie always does the cooking in my camp and she's even somewhat decent at it.
My own PC, on the other hand, is too retarded for everything.
>>
>>3616952
Why does she suck that paladin's dick in her personal quest duel then?
>>
>>3617043
You'd have to dump her single skill only into world knowledge to have her even remotely decent at cooking, and even then Linzi and Jubilost will always be excellent at it so why even bother taking Valerie.
>>
>>3617022
Cha 15 allows for many multiclassing options and intimidation fighter build, Int is easily fixed by buff/circlet (feats become active while INT is 13) and her str is mostly needed to carry her shit, she is not the premier damaging option. After the first few levels, str buffs/belts will help her do a decent job anyway.
And TSS 8(or was it 9) allows to add Shield AC to touch ac, so that gets fixed too.

The problem with her stats i more about how she does not really survive hard/unfair act 1 easily
>>
>>3617053
It just seems like her stats could've been better allocated
>>
>>3617056
Sure, con to 16 and spreading that to Str or Dex would have been better.
But there is a difference between non-optimal and unusable
>>
>>3605742
>image dimensions
>haircut
The image-dimensions made you think of isometric rpgs. The haircut made you think of Valerie.
It still doesn't look anything like her, but you can tell it is her - in the same fashion you can tell who a stick figure is supposed to be
>>
>>3616952
She doesn't even have enough dexterity to take advantage of TSF's massive dex-to-AC allowance. Tower shields have a mere 2 AC advantage over regular shields in exchange for not being able to shield bash. Her strength is shit and she doesn't get weapon training. She isn't a good tank, she is a gimped fighter with no offense.
>>
She's my best character for cooking ;_;
>>
>>3617146
literally how
>>
>>3617372
She has three skill points (bumped her Int to 10, so two skill points from Fighter, one from being Human). Put her skill points into Athletics, Knowledge World and Knowledge Religion.
She's doing pretty well.
>>
>>3617376
but don't you have access to other companions with higher world skill?
>>
has FUCKING NOBODY modded her ending where you have a bunch of kids? Can't be that fucking hard it's unityslop
>>
>>3617392
Not important
>>
>>3617392
>modding in a different ending
Why not just stop playing at the end of the game and pretend it ends however you want at that point
>>
>>3617419
This is a great skill to master. You get to the end of the bad game and then just pretend you played a different, better game and didn't waste your time.
>>
>>3605699
Considering the average anon has 4 int, i think 9 is pretty good.
>>
>>3617050

The quest is fucked up. You can win that fight and are still forced to apologize and, if i am remembering correctly, if you don´t apologize her personal quest fails.

I remember telling the knights they had no jurisdiction on my domain and that breaking my law meant death. They still went ahead and ambushed and put us on trial. I choose to not submit, declared them in transgression and carried out the sentence. Quest failed.

It´s already bad enough that they gate keep the best rewards behind good aligned choices but to not give a choice at all is just fucked up for a game that proudly declares itself to be all about freedom of choice.
>>
>>3617428
It's full of stupid forced narratives. The one that annoyed me the most was when Linzi STEALS from you. She takes money from the fucking state treasury to buy equipment to publish her shitty book.
You can't punish her for it. You can tell her to fuck off, but then you lose your money. The game expects you to forgive her, get your money back and then buy the stupid thing for her anyway. She can't be executed because of her gay immortality ring, but you should have been able to lock her in the dungeon forever.
>>
>>3617428
Why do you care if the quest failed?
The game does take into account into the ending slides that outcome. Would it be better if it flashed 'quest successful' after that choice?
>>
>>3617376
Wait, dont you need to max her persuasion for dazzling display?
>>
>>3617427
I think you're confusing this board with /mlp/
>>
File: 1685144634151491.jpg (3 KB, 249x250)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
I almost never take rpg stats as canon as they are often made with a mechanical purpose before a storytelling one
If you are not a wizard or alchemist, you will have mediocre INT as it is a useless stat for most classes. Yet there is no real reason why, let's say, a sorcerer, couldn't also have been born as a very intelligent person, a genius even. Yet what he will max out is charisma not int.

But yeah Valerie is retarded, her dialogue confirms it.
>>
>>3617430
Grrr! That bratty halfling needs some correction! Baron Anon will personally see to it!
>>
>>3617807
Stats should be RP first, gameplay second. Your main character is party leader so he must have charisma, or its equivalent, at least 14 or no-one would follow him.
>>
>>3617812
With a limited point buy, you really cannot
IRL people aren't born with the same points to distribute. Some are born with 20 in every stat, others with 8 in every stat.
Plato was also a very buff wrestler. He was strong, charismatic, wise, intelligent, in good health.

With companions, you have to understand the dev needs to give you first and foremost something you can use in combat, so the stats have to be optimized to the class the companion uses.
You won't see a pure fighter companion with 16 charisma even if the character is canonically very charming
>>
>>3605699
I know 5e has cucked RPG players, but 9 int is the AVERAGE expected int for a 3d6 roll.
>>
>>3617830
I once tried to explain, to an old coworker, racial crime statistics and IQ distributions by making a giant MATLAB array for all the combinations of 4d6 drop lowest and the effects of a racial -2 INT vs no modifier, with multiple plots to illustrate the shifting bell curves, and the relative frequency of the outliers in ratio form

He, uh, didn’t get it
>>
>>3617830
Real talk, wouldn't most of those modern players consider Rolling for Stats to be a bad way to gen?
>>
>>3617841
He was a big 5th ed enjoyer, too, naturally
>>
>>3617843
Yes, because it’s not fair or “equitable”. You’ll take your “standard array” of the same precanned numbers as everyone else and shift them around and then pick your own modifiers because racial modifiers are icky.
>>
>>3617847
I'm not saying I represent everyone, especially since I'm either very young at the hobby (I started in 2005) or very old to the hobby (see previous). But I loved getting shit stat roles because it made me think about what kind of horrifically flawed character.
I played a Cleric of Kord who struggled with the weight of her armor. She got beat like a redheaded step child and pretty much her only virtue was that she was tough and could cast spells.
She got bullied by a vampire monk during an otherwise legitimate martial arts tournament and suffered permanent level drain. Shit is great.
I'm not dissing point buy, you can be autistic with it too.
But 3d6/4d6d1 (especially in order) can lead to some interesting shit.
>>
>>3617849
I agree with you. One of my favorite chars was a full orc wizard who ate the -2 INT and spent most of my points on buying up to a 16, was a lot of fun.

Way back in the day, you rolled your stats in order first, as you noted, and that determined what classes you were allowed to play from there, you didn’t pick your class and then determine your stats to fit. This also helped to balance powerful classes like paladins by making them rare and difficult to roll up.
>>
>>3617849
You can do that in tabletop because you can make a responsive campaign and go down different routes. You can also do things like partial successes on rolls rather than the succeed-or-fail of cRPGs, where a fail is total and acts as if your unlucky charismatic charmer is a grug-tier barbarian.
>>
>>3617380
They're busy with camouflage or hunting.

>>3617574
Not if I don't use Dazzling Display.
>>
>>3617863
I wish that modern CRPGs would try to implement that.
But sadly, it seems to be very common that the MC can't be substandard in skill.
>>
>>3617873
I took the feat but actually don't use it either, it requires a full action, I think hitting someone with her flaming bastard sword is better.
>>
>>3617913
>>3617873
Dazzling display is just a feat tax for dreadful carnage and shatter defenses, then it automatically applies after every kill, and makes them flat footed if it lands. Lot of fun. I put it on all my melees in KM and WotR (though it’s not as good as in KM)
>>
>>3617913
That annoyed me about a lot of feats. You can either do this one action attack that might fail away or you can hit the enemy 4 times. Which do you choose?
>>
>>3617847
>>3617843
Rolling for stats doesn't translate well into video game format because players will just reroll until most are 18 at the lowest. (See B1 & 2). It's not a system that incentivizes loss.
>>
>>3617830
You haven't played the game and it shows since you're making cope posts instead of laughing at her negative intelligence modifier.
>>
>>3617873
>Not if I don't use Dazzling Display.
So in other words, you built her improperly.
>>
>>3617993
>So in other words, you built her improperly.
I reskilled her into an AM SMASH Barbarian so she can destroy beautiful things more effectively
>>
>>3607162
she's a well-written young woman rebelling against the restrictive structures of her childhood and not finding freedom easy or satisfying. every character in the game has the same basic story, people respond badly to valerie's version because her destiny was privilege rather than slavery, death, womanly duties etc.
>>
>>3607162
Hmm, you're right. 9 int is far too high.
>>
>>3617981
>build valerie the way the internet tells me to
>have her make a shaken enemy flat footed with her shatter attack
>it doesn't allow my archers to sneak attack
>it only make them flat-footed to valerie
>so that she can tickle them with her teeny weeny valerie damage
>never actually gets killing blows because she's valerie, so carnage never procs
Now I hard respec her every time.
>>
>>3618157
Valerie does not care about 'freedom'. She's lawful neutral, duty and responsibility are the values she cares about, which is why it doesn't make any sense that she left a paladin order to do a job that any town guard can do and better.
>>
>>3608016
>Don Quixote
>Anything but LG
Read the book moron.
>>
>>3617807
>I almost never take rpg stats as canon as they are often made with a mechanical purpose before a storytelling one
This is definitely not the case in Kingmaker. In WOTR, sure.
>>
>>3617843
Yes but its stupid because point buy just leaves you with very oddly lop-sided characters that aren't the least bit "heroic". Not to say rolling for stats will always give you a badass, but it leads to more "natural" characters anyways.
>>
ok 9 in pathfinder isnt that bad
10 is avarege
by the way she is behaving though she should be 7 sometimes but her lawfullness keeps her retardation at bay
>>
>>3618265
Heroism is in your character, not in your abilities.
>>
>>3618270
Unless you're working in like high level engineering, having int above 7 and a positive wisdom modifier is more important.
>>
>>3618305
Good luck defeating the evil troll king with character.
>>
>>3618634
Without soul a hero's story is not interesting.
It's why beating early Fallouts as an absolute retard is fun.
>>
>>3605699
given how stats in DnD work, unironically, INT 9 is the average 4ch level
>>
>>3617392
having kids is pretty much given in such settings as long as regular sex, I don't need it spelled out for me
>>
>>3618814
Anons want to see the full sex scene, every single one, for the rest of the two characters lives, in explicit detail.
>>
>>3617993
NTA but I put all Valerie's levels into shield-bashing assassin.
>Amiri into Aldori defender and/or aldori swordlord (to have somebody that could use all those dueling swords), held in both hands.
>Jaethal into fauchard wielding ranger or mad-dog barbarian.

>Baron's build is an abomination made solely around the desire for having a warrior with wings that has a bite attack (DD 9 kek)
>carried solely by the dragon disciple dip adding crane wing chain and the ability to cast shield+mirror image
I should have done the eldritch scion thing instead but the half-orc NPC already does that.
>>
>>3618830
I gave up playing before I got to the point with final builds because Kingmaker is pretty gay.
>>
>>3618830
>turning the barbarians into duelist
Oh anon, you build autist. How can you live with yourself.
>>
>>3618841
>Kingmaker is pretty gay.
Green waifu + Queen forever after
>>
>>3618843
>duelist
I didn't go that far, it's just that Valerie can't be made into one (already fighter with different kit), zombitch really needs the reach weapon due to the difficulties in healing her.

I think I actually decided do this shit when thinking about how to improve her AC enough for her to be able to beat Armag in that duel.
It still took save scumming.
>>
>>3618849
It feels like a waste not to be abel to use all the dueling swords the game throws at you, one of the best itemization.
Or Elven Curve Blades. Terrible itemization, but Bane of all Living is so fucking cool you just want it on the queen.
Similarly, I just wanted to utilise the shield bash feat chain and the slayer (opportunist ability) class, and the aldori special fuckery (really feels like somebody's pet class), even though I think unarmored fighter concept is silly
>>
>>3618850
>really feels like somebody's pet class
It probably is. You're in the aldori region so they want you using their special class for your aldori baron.
>>
What level do you need to beat that paladin? And what is the intended level to do that? Or you're supposed to lose for story reasons anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.png (191 KB, 750x660)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
told her to fuck off zwnt
>>
>>3619897
Less than you think.
You can prebuff her to the gills (mage armor mitigates sunder too) and you can drop a grease and other consistent effs to affect only him.
You do not actually need to win
>>
>>3618256
The alignment is wrong. Everything the character says and does is the character, not Gygax's gay ass grid definition.
>>
I got to the part near the end where all your party members get taken away and they apparently get killed if you didn't do all their personal quests and wow this place sucks ass.
>>
>>3621116
Imagine if there was no merc recruiter .
Or more companions you get regardless, like the twins. And Mobs having else variety and more wild hunt. And groups having multiple monarchs casting mass dispel.
And more bugs.
And you were lv 17 most likely because there were no dlc and no xp gain adjustment, unless you did the pitax pirate exploit.

This is the house at the end of fun experience at release
>>
>>3621123
I was looking stuff up because I couldn't find the twins anywhere and there were people talking about how you need to reload over and over for events to actually trigger, characters randomly vanishing and dying, and other bugs that I assume have been at least polished up by now.
Big reason I'm going to wait another two years at least before bothering with RT.
>>
>>3621116
>party members get taken away if you didn't do their personal quests
What the fuck is this a DMPC party or something?
>>
>>3621166
All the changes mentioned happened like with the 1.1 update 3 months after release.
But sure
>>
>>3621123
>>3621166
>complaint: getting laid with fey is hard
for my sweet little ancient brocolli, anything
>>
>>3621824
You have to do the house regardless if you want to mix the salad or not. Even for Shyka's ending
>>
>>3621837
honestly, people NOT wanting to, deserve that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.