[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 91lzq5kbJiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (350 KB, 1173x1500)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
please don't be shit
>>
please be shit x2
>>
>>3615952
re-ports are ruining the game industry
please be shit x3 keep up the chain to kill it faster
>>
Really excited for it. Going to try the demo as soon as it downloads.
>>
>>3615948
Whatever it is, it's already better that Octoshart Traveler
>>
>>3615957
This is a remake.
>>
>>3616034
Could've fooled me. Either way, not a very original idea.
>>
>>3616035
>Could've fooled me
>2D game becomes fully-3D game with voice acting
>Could've fooled me
Anon, just go home.
>>
>>3616035
You just exposed yourself as a chronic shitposter who doesn't know anything about anything and spends all his time shitting up the board, go fuck yourself you moron
>>
>>3615985
This. Plz don't be pathologic travesty!
>>
>>3616045
Sorry I came off agitated, (I am) but I am so sick of remake/remaster/rewrite/reimagining/reboot/remilked/repeats.

They're not new games. People seem to have this notion that we have to remake everything for the newer generation... Why? Just play the original games, they already exist and they are good. They are are not worse because they are older, they're just... older. Let people play them, they will like them. And I'm sure people will like this game as well... This is just my form of overrate-hate because I don't think you need to try to 'replace' the original.

Also you have to understand that they may replace stuff from the original to appeal to current demographics that you don't like. You're not missing out on anything by not playing these.

quite simply, already been here too many times.
>>
>>3616054
yes, it's hollywood territory with endless remakes in japville right now
>>
>>3616054
That's how I usually feel about "remasters" but I've played RS2 a dozen times and I intend to continue replaying the older versions in addition to playing this remake
Try seeing it as a sequel rather than a replacement for the old version.
>>
>>3616059
try seeing it as cultural stagnation
>>
>>3616063
Sounds good to me
>>
just played the demo
i thought it was good at first until i realized it was unity slop

not paying $49.99 for that
>>
>>3616069
you've just exposed yourself as a vapid consumer who has ceased to grow
>>
>>3615952
>>3615957
Still buying it, fuck you.
>>
>>3616085
nobody is trying to stop you
>>
>>3616035
you should go play RS2 buddy
not even a big saga fan but that game is 40 years ahead of its time. it literally blows modern games out of the fucking water and makes you wonder how we've fallen so far.
>>
File: okay-and-and.gif (3.61 MB, 532x640)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB GIF
>>3616071
>i thought it was good at first until i realized it was unity slop
As opposed to Unreal Engine slop? Who fucking cares?
>>
>>3615985
>>3616053
That's a given, it'll be decent at worst which octomom wishes it was.
>>
>>3616054
A 4channer apologizing? Maybe this game wont be shit after all.
>>
>>3616054
Dude , remakes has been in this genre since SNES.
Metal Max , Dragon Quest 3,FF1+2, Ultima ,... is just that now we had more RPG to remake.
We still are getting new games that aren't remakes , is just people usually search nitpick to not buy it so of course company are not gonna continue to support kt
>>
If the worst thing about this game is the "casualization" which can be easily fixed with mods, then it will be up my alley since I used a guide to beat the original RS2
>>
>>3616095
Your octomom wishes it could be me!
>>
>>3616071
Saves me time, thanks
>>
File: jNsINUr.png (107 KB, 337x235)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
The more things change the more they stay the same.
>>
>>3616140
>LP 11
did they increase everyone's LP or just hers?
>>
File: x0ijkSF.jpg (1020 KB, 2560x1440)
1020 KB
1020 KB JPG
>>3616148
They've increased a few by 2. She got 12, Gerard and Leon stayed at 16 and 19
While Bear is 16 instead of 14
James is 13 instead of 11

I wouldn't be surprised if Gerard and Leon are the only people that didn't get +2 stapled onto them. This is on the hard (classic) mode.

The menuing is snappy so that gives me a good amount of hope. The localization is a localization. But at least extremely early thus far it reads fine. And none of the tutorials are outright wrong this time.
The menuing UI's got a bit of flare. I like it.
>>
>>3616071
Just played the demo, it's made in Unreal engine, not Unity
>>
>>3616100
Dev time taking more than half a decade doesnt help people get into new shit anymore. And the economy. And being old.
>>
>>3616161
>hard (classic) mode
Is it actually close to the original in difficulty?
>>
>>3616287
I had to replay the original once I got done with the demo to more adequately parse my thoughts. Usually when I start a fresh playthrough I just run my ass through to Gerard without care. That certainly was a bit more painful to do here.
In some ways it's a bit more fucked up.

Lightball is like 2 BP (SP) and that blind seemed to stick less often.
Enemies are substantially faster and I don't think it's possible to outrun something. (But your BR doesn't increase for running so there's that. except you don't run away because you're a beast
Back-attacks (though easily preventable) are fucking devastating due to not being able to run for 3. And the only reason I know this is because those stupid fucking doppelgangers are substantially more deadly; Mad Biter hit for like 95 where at that point I'd be just snoozing my way through, and it has absorb which sucked off my party members for like 120. It wasn't just Therese that got to be one shot this time.
Enemies are (somewhat) tankier in that regular ass attacks aren't alpha striking 99% of the enemies in the intro.
M

Even Kzinssie's decrepit ass in the first fight was fucking slinging his dick around knocking everybody (in a row) around every few turns for 80%s. A big emphasis on turns because he has substantial more health in that first fight.
>>
>>3615948
Watching the trailer right now.

1-The Graphics look so bad, lack details and textures, thats not good for immersion.
2- The dub-voiceovers are so bad and cringy
3- The dialogue is too juvenile and childish, its basically like watching some Anime tv show aimed at 13 years old.
4- Little girl says nobody is strong against her, but she doesn't look intimidating or has anything to support that claim, another thing that damages immersion
5- Animations are so bad, especially the ship sailing animation its laughably terrible.
6- How can a dance confuse enemies? what if they ignore the dance and hit her?
7- Pretentious chess talk fluff to appear smart and cool, never liked this schtick.
8- Getting strong power of friendship vibes from this
9- UI looks horrible; tons of particle effects that look cheap and mobile tier, tons of meaningless and bloated numbers, bad choice for avatar placement
10- Has one thing i hate in these type of games which is cutscene based combat executions, so you will watch a cutscene every time you issue an attack where the character grunts and shouts like an idiot and flips in the air for maximum cool effect to impress the kids

And finally they showed nothing interesting to me, this is supposed to be an epic rpg, they showed no stakes, no cool cinematic, no demonstration of any quest, choice, rpg mechanics or anything interesting or immersive to do, just the basic outdated mechanics we have seen millions of times with some of the most atrocious and cheap production values ever displayed.

Thats a pass from me dawg.
>>
>>3616322
I thought you were going to make a post about the actual gameplay and substance and break it down with this long ass post but it's actually a bunch of faggoty kvetching about muh gwafix and story fagging
That's a pass from me dawg
>>
>>3616306
>M
what was I? High?
*Mostly seems like something I'll enjoy getting on release.
>>
>>3616071
knew it was dogshit, ty
>>
>>3616322
many people saying this + extremely not boughting the games
>>
Isn't it retconed?
Rs2 spans generations, doesn't it?
>>
>>3616109
Was curious enough and still played the demo.
Why is it so cheaply produced?

Anyway, I like it better than emerald, but it's really too cringe to play, despite few good ideas with terrible execution.
>>
>>3616385
>few good ideas with terrible execution.
That's saga in general, anyone can have "good ideas"
>>
>>3616388
True enough. They are all rough and unfinished games, especially the 16 bit ones.

This game feels like a concept, rather than a game full of AA's.
>>
>>3616385
>cont
It's unplayable garbage, really.

Game is pretty hectic for a tb system. In a bad way.
>>
>>3616390
Square Enix games are all shallow auteuristic concepts, that's why their fans are always CWC-tier retards. What you need to understand about SaGa is that is mechanical bloat is a superficial artistic representation of depth, like a brush stroke to give the impression of complexity without actually being the object in and of itself. So what you get as a result is a bunch of shallow snake oil.
>>
>>3616396
>is that is
*is that it's
>>
Did they remove damage types/defense? I remember seeing an old screenshot from the remake that showed in the character screen slash, pierce, etc defense, but I don't see it in the demo.
>>
>>3616054
>Just play the original games
Metal Max Returns is better than Metal Max 1, substantially.
Metal Max 2 Reloaded is better than Metal Max 2.
DQ3 SNES is still the best way to play the game.
Minstrel Song is an actual good game remade out of a shit one.
SaGa 3 DS took a game that did not belong in the series it was in and made it belong.
>>
>>3616396
What's this mechanical bloat? I haven't played SaGa
>>
>>3616396
>Screencap
Very good explanation, on point.

Personally, I like rs3, it has a unique charm, it's garbage nevertheless.

>>3616401
No, they didn't. For some reason certain enemies are weak to (random) weapon types.

>>3616417
The whole combat system. Most choices are cosmetic.
Fighting battles has less depth than early ff games.

>initiating conversation
loading screen
>exit conversation
loading screen
>>
>>3616420
Yes, but do the enemies have attack types and our characters equipments have specific defense types?
>>
>>3616423
Can't say for sure. Doesn't look like it. I'd say it's merely number go up.
Level design is basically worse than vanilla Rs2.
Most techs are identical to the original.

Idk what drugs the devs do, maybe crocodile.
Everything interact able has a huge button above it. What were they thinking?
When did se loose basically all competence?
>>
>>3616401
Seems like it. Defenses are more straight forward. Inversely fights are potentially less straight forward. They did something early with Kzinssie and it'll depend on how much they utilize the mechanics. Bosses can be multi target and targeting the targets can impact the boss or abilities.

Timeline seems kind of superfluous right now. You can use it to see that a boss is going to hit big the next turn. But I haven't found much interactivity or import for it. Maybe when the full game releases.
>>
>cont 2
I don't get it. Certainly they spent millions for that game... What for, exactly? It's blatantly amateurish.
>>
File: 24-human_party.jpg (29 KB, 380x272)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3616322
The art style has moved from the iconic 80s bishy watercolor to generic moe modern style. I cannot stand modern anime artstyle.
>>
File: saga_japart3.jpg (116 KB, 539x663)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>3616463
>>
>>3616464
Sovlful

>>3616463
How is it popular? Cheap af.
>>
>>3616336
I did not play the game so how do you expect me to analyze the gameplay from a trailer? lol
Anyway, the gameplay doesn't look innovative, deep or interesting, its the same slop that was made for years except now it looks worse thanks to mobile tier particle effects and cheap presentation, if this is supposed to be a remaster/remake of an old game then its looking to be actually worse than the old one.
>>3616378
I didn't look into what people said, i just watched the trailer and those are my thoughts as someone who didn't play the old game.
They failed to convince me to buy it or even get any interest in it, the trailer looks awful and its clearly not for me.
>>3616463
I agree, i just took a look at the original game to compare and i honestly would prefer the original art style over this anime tier slop, it looks so childish and bad, the 90s were much better for jrpgs in art style.
>>
>>3616420
>>3616434
>Can't say for sure
>Doesn't look like it
You literally.... Have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Fuck off you imbecile
>>
>>3616521
Nta but saga is kinda dookie
>>
>>3616524
As a person who's played most of the games and a lot of JRPGs in general, it's consistently one of the most interesting series of the genre.
I played the demo of this remake and wasn't too keen on it because it feels like it's actually lacking in being like SaGa, but it's alright I guess
>>
>>3616396
>What you need to understand about SaGa is that is mechanical bloat is a superficial artistic representation of depth
Weird retarded hater, there's no "mechanical bloat" you're just lashing out because it sounds like too much for you
>>3616420
>The whole combat system. Most choices are cosmetic.
Fighting battles has less depth than early ff games.
You have not played early FF games and there's nothing cosmetic about the combat system. Stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>3616526
>As a person who's played most of the games and a lot of JRPGs in general
I kinds have to take this with a grain of salt because a lot of jrpgs are pretty bad. Like if you're just playing hundreds of square enix and rpg maker games that's not necessarily commendable or something that makes you knowledgable.
>>
>>3616540
>because a lot of jrpgs are pretty bad.
This extends to every genre of video games
I'm not looking to be commended but I do feel like I have some solid grasp for JRPGs, that said it's mainly people who write off the genre as all bad are usually people who only have played Final Fantasy and maybe like Chrono Trigger or something and think everything is like that. Also there are some great fucking RPG maker games like Hat World(not even shilling with this)
>>
>>3616090
Clearly they should've gone with Luminous
>>
The stench of the falcomtranny is strong itt
>>
Leon reminds me of Mufasa
>>
>>3615948
Played the demo, it was great
Best of both classic and modern sensibilities mixed into one, just like a remake of a classic game should be
Looking forward to the full game
>>
>>3616396
So you got filtered
Happens all the time
>>
>>3616677
Agreed. Not done with it yet, but it's extremely well done so far. I think my favorite addition is the overdrive system; they've incentivized hitting weaknesses and by extension specializing in multiple weapons and spell types. Really clever way to add depth to the battle system, and I'm looking forward to seeing how far it goes.

Very good so far. This has added so much to an excellent game that needed a lot of polish. I'll definitely be picking this up.
>>
>>3616677
>Best of both classic and modern sensibilities mixed into one
It has neither though
>>3616680
You already were incentivized to hit weaknesses in the original game, OD adds nothing, it makes the game dumber together with the nerfs to status effects and there's no real incentive in specialization either now that the attribute system has been erased and swapped for nonsensical octopath traveler shit, the only thing it does is force you to swap party members for no real reason, which kills the roleplaying
>>
>>3616687
>blah blah blah
>wah wah wah
>>
>>3616690
>No argument
I see we have a longtime SaGa fan excited to play his first SaGa game
>>
>>3616692
Yes we all know you're mentally ill and retarded
>>
>>3616693
I'm afraid you're mistaken as I'm not part of the audience for this abomination, a game factually made for people who hate this series
>>
>six GB for a demo
wtf
>>
>>3615948
Disappointed they went with generic modern anime aesthetic and shovelware ui for menus. Looks like a mobile game.
>>
>>3616054
I agree with you completely anon. If annoys me to see people shill for these games that are essentially low effort cash grabs. People will defend RS2 saying it’s a remake because it has 3d graphics and voice acting while ignoring the fact that it looks completely generic. The original is better by every metric. And don’t get me started about the “quality of life improvements”. If you need an easy mode and fast forward button maybe don’t play the game at all.
>>
>>3616382
You might be thinking of saga frontier 2
>>
>>3616703
Looking generic is not an issue, RS2 was always a generic high fantasy game and generic modern anime style doesn't really mean much, the problem is that they completely raped the gameplay and turned it into something that plays generic, that's the offensive stuff, you just don't do this to a series like this and get away with it
>>
Based on the demo, as a remake it is fantastic, bar the art style it is very accurate; however it is not nearly as mechanically complex as Emerald Beyond.
>>
File: 1698819173962908.png (404 KB, 552x568)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>3616712
>bar the art style it is very accurate
What is accurate about stapling Octopath's core gameplay onto Romancing SaGa 2's story?
What is accurate in bloating a game with needless busywork that doesn't even make sense thematically such as the new crafting system?
What the fuck is accurate about removing freedom of progression by putting arbitrary limits everywhere that didn't exist in the original and make nearly every single core mechanic worse by dumbing it down or outright remove it and replace it with shit other (worse) games did?
Do you people even play these games? Nothing about this remake is right outside of very shallow, superficial elements that are mostly aesthetic, and even there there's a lot that went wrong.
>>
>>3616687
What do you mean about the attribute system? Characters all have stats.
>>
File: 1106 v2.jpg (1.04 MB, 960x4896)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
I like the remake's art style
>>
>>3616716
I'm talking about combat, not your stats, tech attributes, which have been erased and replaced with Octotrash' shitty system
>>
>>3616687
>You already were incentivized to hit weaknesses in the original game, OD adds nothing, it makes the game dumber together with the nerfs to status effects and there's no real incentive in specialization either now that the attribute system has been erased and swapped for nonsensical octopath traveler shit, the only thing it does is force you to swap party members for no real reason, which kills the roleplaying
Nooo! I like slop, so must you!
>>
>>3616706
No, Rs2.
I finished the demo, it has a generation system, albeit a very stupid one.
>>
>>3616715
>Do you people even play these games?
Judging by the comments here, they do not.
>>
>>3616717
Is that Rs2? I'm going to get this version in the sale next time.
>>
NANI
>>
>>3616848
Ugly game
>>
File: Galleria_Slime_Hat.gif (58 KB, 398x398)
58 KB
58 KB GIF
>>3616848
The way that soul grabbed onto him seems...
>FAMILIAR, hmm...
>>
>>3616850
Nah it actually looks pretty good
>>
>>3616854
Pig
>>
Never played octopath, why the comparisons?
I guess saga always these type of weakness depending on the enemy defenses, but now it seems more gamey and egregious: attack with x to double your damage
>>
File: 1726518916380995.webm (2.82 MB, 853x480)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>3616895
The problem was that they advertised implementing combos(I guess it's United Attacks) into RomSaGa2, great idea but it's a terrible idea to link this mechanic to weakness spam.
>>
Played the demo.
I love the table top RPG from Emerald/Scarlet but Romancing felt better with dungeons and a City.
No cure was a good idea in Emerald because in Scarlet It sucked, but in Romancing is better having It.
Combat is slower and worse than Emeral , felt more FFX in tone.
I think this is Xeen B team (Trials of Mana director was in Episode Aegis) but was accesible enough for casual.
I have rather this be the casual path while they let Kawazu be crazy with a Blue Theme saga.
>>
>>3616895
It's two reasons.
First one being this remake trashed SaGa's mainstay combat attribute system that has been a thing since forever ago, that alone is pretty bad, to make thing worse they used Octopath's combat attribute system which is simply bad and inferior to what SaGa's original mechanics used to be.
If you haven't played either, in SaGa combat uses physical and elemental attributes, you have Slash/Strike/Pierce and Heat/Cold/Lightning, in the original RS2 there were two more attributes, Missile and Status, the former was mostly relegated to things like arrows and some projectiles while the latter used to be kind of a messy attribute that mostly regulated things that, as the name implies, were tied to status effects, so poisonous gases, mushroom spores and the likes.
Now these are all gone and replaced with some nonsensical shit like "Sword" or "Spear", which cause all sorts of issues and are entirely nonsensical.
The second issue is that they introduced a new mechanic, Overdrive, which is essentially the Break gauge from Octopath, it's a gauge you fill up by hitting enemy weakness and it allows your party to chain various attacks (chosen pseudo randomly mind you) together for big DPS.
This is also something that has no place in this series for a lot of reasons, first off because gauge mechanics were avoided like the plague until the now due to not being in the spirit of the series, and also being bad, secondly because to enact this shallow gameplay loop they nerfed status effects, which were a major element of the original game and overall a major element in the series, they just want you to look at big numbers like in Octopath where nothing matters outside of your DPS stacking.
>>
In RS2 remastered I could give everyone in my team an axe and spam reverse delta in every boss fight. Am I going to have to make a balanced team because of weaknesses or whatever?
>>
File: kek.jpg (91 KB, 850x578)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>3616937
Well in older games, "Slash" meant the Swords and Greatswords, "Pierce" bow and épée, now each weapon is their own skill , no ?

I don't like the weakness system instead of the old more detailed defense types though
>>
>>3616981
>Well in older games, "Slash" meant the Swords and Greatswords
No?
Multiple attributes were the norm, things like Axes were a thing precisely because they had a mix of strike and slash attributes that made them versatile and gave the weapon class its identity, one of martial arts' inherent limitations as a weapon class is that you had nothing to work with outside of Strike, hence the entire questline with Karl asking you to beat the shit out of the Gelatinous matter which has enormous Strike defense, not "martial arts" defense.
And this is putting aside how the SaGa attribute system is inherently more logical, why the fuck is a spear doing completely different damage compared to a rapier now when both are thrusting weapons? Why the fuck is something weak to "longswords" but it ignores "greatswords" and "axes"?
How do you even handle hybrid weapons like the Halberd which let you mix weapon movesets? A Halberd lets you use both Spear and Axes techs in the original release, how do you make it work with this new system without fucking up the balance entirely? Why does Final Strike have some mystical "Pyrology" element now?
It's just a worse system and creates a bunch of problems that nobody asked for, just because those incompetent retards at XEEN think zoomers are too dumb for SNES games, which is wrong because clearly, millennials like them are also too dumb for SNES games and can't understand basic game design.
>>
>>3616981
Yes, plus some skills had different damage types. I haven't played the demo yet but it sounds like nothing has changed
e.g. final strike dealt slash and heat damage. Whirlwind was a sword technique that was purely a missile attack, so now it might deal "bow" damage.
>>
I'd kill for the FF Pixel Remasters to look like this or their PSP ports, yet people thought these graphics for RS2 warranted a 3D remake. Maybe DQ3 remake will knock some sense back into people.
>>
>>3617021
>I haven't played the demo yet but I will talk about shit I know nothing about
https://x.com/home
Go back with the rest of the cattle
>>
>>3616995
Yes it's very disappointing.
>>
>>3617041
We just don't have the tech
>ff6 remake
Takes like 80 years, sorry
>>
>>3616981
She certainly looks like she wants to get "Pierced" with someone's "Greatsword"!
>>
It's SaGa. It's always going to be shit by default. The question is how shit.
>>
>>3616715
>>3616937
It is nothing like octopath. Octopath has a stagger system. This is a combo/limit system.
Wish they had gone full Emerald Beyond with it.
>>
>>3617261
She's Aisha, a Tarallian!
>>
maybe you guys should try and enjoy the remake on its own merits instead of expecting it to be a 1:1 graphical update with no other changes whatsoever.
you can still play the original if you want to play that, but i think the changes seem interesting for people that have already played rs2 to death.
>>
>>3617328
i thought the demo was pretty good

i think the salsa 'tism has gone to some anon's heads
>>
File: 1712202348030627.jpg (52 KB, 720x682)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>3617328
I'm not expecting it to be a graphical update you fucking inbred retard, I'm expecting a SaGa remake to be on par with Minstrel Song or the DS remake, something that builds upon the original, not a downgrade and bastardization because some other inbreds want to cater to people like you who don't give a shit and just want to mash buttons and look at anime waifus
>>
>>3617316
It's the same fucking shit except the staggers are already built in the system and not locked to your Break function, they're called Stun and you can fish for them even harder than in Octopath
>>
>>3617333
making a lot of assumptions about me. maybe go drink some water and calm down?
>>
>>3617351
Nobody sane thinks buttfucking all the mechanics to death and openly spitting on the game and the series' fans is an """""""""interesting change""""""""", retard
What the fuck is interesting about making the game more limited on all fronts and going backwards on mechanics is good
I know you're desperate to feel like you're part of a community but being a dumb yesman that will deny reality will bring you nowhere
>>
>>3617354
It's like the don't know a thing at all about fame design
>>
File: 1600712949064.gif (753 KB, 112x112)
753 KB
753 KB GIF
At the very least the remake gives us a new version of the soundtrack arranged by Ito himself and hopefully we'll get to mod it into the RS2 remaster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T1nHS97pBM
>>
>>3617377
Agree, it's decent.

Anyone can estimate the product value of the remake?
>>
>>3617377
Yeah, if there's one thing I can't complain about it's Ito's work, it's as stellar as ever.
A shame it had to be attached to such a half assed remake, hopefully some of the shit can be fixed by modding, if we can get some modding community and reverse most of the retarded changes like techs being locked behind proficiency levels or the new shitty BR mechanics, it might be turned into something passable.
>>
>>3617381
>turned into something passable.
Incredibly low bar
>>
>>3617331
>pic
was he horny?
>>
>>3617317
And?!!
>>
>>3617393
Unless he's into vore, I doubt it considering molemen were literal food for the termites before you bail their asses
>>
>>3616848
Skill issue. Jump into the rafters while the door opens.
>>
I played the demo and the battle system is a big downgrade from scarlet grace and emerald beyond. I guess thats the price to appealing to normies that only play ff and trails
>>
just finished the demo. definitely buying it. i quite enjoyed the remaster of RS2 and the demo had me wanting to play more.
some of the generics have HUGE tits which is a plus. I think a lot of people will be turned off after Gerard retires and you get to generic emperors.
>>
>>3617339
It is not remotely the same thing and that complaint is retarded. Stun has been in the game since the original release. You are just mad because the UI looks similar, even though the functions are entirely different.
>>
>>3616090
People who like word-wrapping that doesn't fuck up when a word doesn't fit at the end of the line.
>>
>>3616101
You remind me of a guy who said the RS2 port was "casualized" because your party regained all HP and revived at the end of the battle. For the rest of us, this has been a staple mechanic of SaGa since RS1
>>
I visited this board for the first time to see what people had to say about SaGa and it convinced me to never step in it again
>>
>>3616716
Something that 90% of people who played RS2 didn't even know existed.
Instead of being weak to "blunt" damage (unofficial name since this term isn't used anywhere in-game) now they will be weak to fists and maces. This is game ruining apparently.
>>
>>3617715
on my clear of RS2 I didn't pay much attention to that, I clapped everything with either the most expensive sword tech or light magic, smooth sailing
>>
>>3617717
Yes, and that's what most people did, myself included. Just like most people beat the final boss by using hasten time and beating the crap out of it
Like another anon pointed out some people are letting the saga 'tism get to their heads. The original game was nowhere near polished or balanced enough for these hidden attribute systems (that you wouldn't even know about without looking up a guide) to effectively matter. I guarantee you that all the japs nostalgic for RS2 (basically their favorite saga game, which is they greenlit this remake) don't give a fuck about any of this shit
>>
>>3617720
Agreed
I love how the game combines storytelling with game mechanics and both are pretty good, but a lot of the game mechanics suck a million dicks so I can never be assed to replay it, I wasn't very impressed by the demo of ROT7 but I might give the full game a chance
>>
File: 1019v2.jpg (292 KB, 960x1088)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
Finished another gimmicky playthrough of RS2.
Looking forward to the remake, I love anime tits.
>>
>>3617720
It's bizarre. The guy is apoplectic because of a change to resistances. There is something fundamentally wrong with people on /vrpg/.
>>
>>3617722
RS2?
>>
>>3617724
this is a romancing saga 2 thread
>>
>>3617722
>year 1019
madman
>>
>>3617728
For some reason you can't pick up the windmaker from Hiraga unless a generation skip occurs. That forces you to complete canal fort and the pirate quest to get the minstrel's instruments. Otherwise you could finish in year 1015.
Also note that the magic research facility adds a year so you need to skip it.
>>
>>3617354
Nigga go play some more Emerald Beyond
>>
>>3617722
Is there a ng+ mode in Rs2? Like the one in rs3?
>>
>>3617791
Yes but I don't see the point, it's more fun to start fresh each time
>>
>>3617798
I might get it, only played rs3. Good enough, but still an unfished mess.
>>
Played the demo and really enjoyed, a lot more than I thought I would
Seeing as the remake is still a month away, I want to give he original or remaster on Steam a try
I'd love any advice or tips if any anon's have any
>>
>>3617864
Don't restart, no matter what.

Explore everywhere.

Have fun!
>>
>>3617722
Good lord.
What kind of routing was necessary to do something that dope. Wait how does one even get the final emp will rocking that early?
>>
File: 1722215095909967.png (661 KB, 1415x793)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>3617693
>It is not remotely the same thing
It's exactly the same thing, combined with the fact that enemies don't have access to OD like every other game in the series where there's mechanical symmetry, in this remake instead they have timed nukes you have stagger them out beforehand, exactly like Octopath, something that did not exist in the original game or the series in general, largely because it's shit design.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg, the UI has nothing to do with anything because the mechanics themselves are the same as Octopath and no longer SaGa mechanics.
>>3617715
>Instead of being weak to "blunt" damage (unofficial name since this term isn't used anywhere in-game)
Kill yourself, even the remaster added attack properties in the tooltip popups and these things were known since the original game released.
>The original game was nowhere near polished or balanced enough for these hidden attribute systems (that you wouldn't even know about without looking up a guide) to effectively matter.
Outside of your lies about shit that was known because again, the fucking manuals mentioned it, It was, you grinding until they stop mattering doesn't make it true.
And this remake did not make things better either, it made them worse, and not just for something as simple as attributes, in fact the biggest issue with this remake is unlike the other remakes it did not fix anything that was wrong with the game or updated the systems to modern standards, largely because it's made by a bunch of retards to attract bandwagoners like you
>>3617899
You just suicide over and over until you get the last emperor, you can do this as soon as the goblin invasion starts.
Characters in RS2 are only elegible as emperors once, so once the list of available characters runs out it forces the Last Emperors, Gerard himself can be skipped entirely.
>>
>>3617910
I never knew
>>
>>3617911
Yeah, it's an obscure technicality most people will never think of unless they're autistic enough to try, like how you can have Coppelia as empress, but yeah it's an intended mechanic you can use, even though that locks you out of a number of things and makes the mermaid quest very dangerous if you're using the final emperor
>>
>>3617914
Even more hidden mechanics than rs3 has.
Can the main change classes in Rs2?
>>
Just finished the demo. Enjoyed it so far, my only nitpick is the way they handled Leon’s death. The old graphic made it feels like he was on death’s door and only managed to talk through sheer force of will. The remake has him sitting upright talking feels like he only caught a cold.
>>
>>3617928
You change class by the current emperor dying and getting a new one
>>
>>3617910
>in this remake instead they have timed nukes you have stagger them out beforehand
Not exactly. Maybe Kzninssie was different, I usually stop demo runs before Kzinssie. But the rest of the "bosses" have no such limit or stagger to their abilities that I've observed. Kzinssie's only big scripted attack is illstorm. Whirlwind was being used whenever.

Actually fuck it, allow me to muzzle into you two's conversation chain
>>3617339
>they're called Stun
Stun has always existed and immunities to stun has also existed and seems preserved.
e.g; Watchmen is still resistant to stun, Doppelganger immune to everything, etc

It's also not spammable due to the costs of everything that could stun being substantially more expensive (when compared to 2 3 or free)
>>3616937
>which cause all sorts of issues
Such as. I'm being serious
>>3616937
>which were a major element of the original game
We have no clue what the scope of ailments are going to be in the full game. They stick reasonably well still and the only enemy that's shows an immunity in the demo is Watchmen with stun, who was immune in the original and the aforementioned Doppelganger but that goes without saying. Inflicting confusion via ID Break is the safest way to kill Watchmen on their little classic mode given it one shots with double arrow.
So clearly status still have value.

I've got my own sets of complaints towards the new weakness system. Mostly a result of not knowing the numbers.
As far as I can tell the difference between hitting a weakness and not hitting it (aside from the overdrive gauge, which yes is big) is 15%.
>>
Oh wait I forgot one.

>>3616937
>chosen pseudo randomly
It seems pretty deterministic and easy to understand in that it's very simple. It chooses the strongest attack. And if there are multiple enemies and one (or both) members has an aoe the second choice it now gives as an option to pick are the aoes
>>
>>3617978
It made me laugh when Victor and Leon got hit with that attack and "0 LP" popped up.
>>
>>3617996
>Such as. I'm being serious
Such as being forced to used specific weapons for no reason, and said weakness system not really following a logic, especially compared to what the actual games do.
It's not that hard to understand, if you don't raise an eyebrow to things like swords and greatswords doing different damage now I don't know what to tell you, if you can grasp the implications when you couple this with the new OD mechanics it's even worse.
Compare it to how EB used OD and it's impossible to not see how it's not only a step back but amateurish as well.
>Inflicting confusion via ID Break is the safest way to kill Watchmen on their little classic mode
You don't need to bother, open up with an AoE OD and the fight ends right there because you can focus on the watchman immediately as the two adds die in one OD, double arrow is also a nothingburger because it will 90% focus on Bear who will ignore it and the main watchman dies way too fast even on Classic, to be fair it is a tutorial boss so you can't expect much resistance but still.
>So clearly status still have value.
Lightball alone used to be the single most important spell in the early game because it would blind stuff reliably, it is no longer the case here, both because statuses got nerfed and because the BR mechanics are completely different as well, set enemies make status usefulness plummet as now you're forced to deal with lots of immunities that were not a thing before.
Worse still, lots of enemy races are, logically, immune to certain statuses, as such the original game designed enemy placement and BR mechanics in a way that gated those things in a fairly decent way, this is no longer the case since now enemies are locked to zones rather than BR progression, so unless they also arbitrarily change status resistances it's hard to say just how much value will be in those now, especially with OP burst damage functions that were not a thing before.
>>
>>3618037
Also let me add another thing regarding the BR changes in particular.
The director said they changed BR because he didn't find enemy placement in the original game to be realistic enough, I'll put aside how retarded this reason is on its own and point out another thing that makes it doubly retarded.
The original game already had enemy type placement that made sense for the areas, Salamat had avians, reptiles, plantoids and some aquans in the lakes, because it was a jungle, the goblin cave had demons, some inorganics and beastmen, the waterway maze was purely aquans and so was the Komurune straights section.
All of these were also subject to BR though, which meant that depending on your progression you'd get different enemies in the various zones, which was not only balanced for free progression but added a lot of flavour as well, now all of this is gone and enemies just get bigger numbers for some reason and are fully static.
Even EB, which struggled with a fraction of the budget of this remake at least went for recolous and pallete swaps for BR ranks AND worlds, which added a lot more variety that wasn't just bigger numbers, a problem SSG and TLR both struggled with since they had simple numerical inflation and low enemy variety.
>>
>>3615948
I wouldn't mind remakes if they'd stop hiring faggots to do it.
>>
>>3618037
>Such as being forced to used specific weapons for no reason
The reason is exploiting the weakness.

Weakness aren't tied to attribute type slash/cold/shot/pierce etc and aren't neatly organized by family. They're tied to weapons. By that change alone it's clearly not trying to be Romsa2 Remastered. It's not inherently bad, it's just different.

The game obviously isn't going to play the same. Even the formations are different. You can see a lot of them in the TGS trailer when it scrolls through them.

>Compare it to how EB used
Alright before I continue.
This isn't EB. Romsa2 isn't EB either. No game in the franchise besides SG is like EB. What's more, EB isn't a perfect game either to which all games are weighed.

Secondly compared to EB's potential OD slot machine (for sub 200% rates at any rate), they've taken a more deterministic approach. Land the weak hits, get the OD. And instead of gaming around landing combos (or showstoppers) nonstop they're more limited by virtue of the speed at which they can build up.

Again not inherently worse. Just different.
So then you might say
>This isn't a TRUE SaGa
Well yeah. If Kawazu's hands isn't in it's guts it never was going to be and could ever be.
But handwaving the game because it's different and associating that with "it's shit because it's different" is nonsense.

Especially given Romsa2 has a damn good remaster you can play at any point whenever.
The only thing people give a shit about is if the game is going to be fun. Given you and I both know this game is going to review well regardless of how good or shit it is, you should probably make your peace with that before you turn into this boards gatekeeping purist with the same zeal as the anti-saga schizo.
>>
>>3617988
Haven't played, so I only have the fandom page.
Game spans like three generations and party members are hired guns...?
The main has a random class, that it?
>>
>>3618050
If you're actually interested in front to back game mechanics. The fandom won't save you
But the blogspot will have your back.
https://romancing-saga-2.blogspot.com/p/home.html
>>
>>3618047
>The reason is exploiting the weakness.
You were already exploiting weaknesses by default, in fact you were exploiting them better since the original weakness system had synergy which this system lacks due to how attributes were shared within certain weapon categories.
Entire weapon identities, let alone classes, were based around this idea of synergy due to how multiple attributes were shared in different weapons, and this is a mainstay idea in the series which RS2 created in the first place, the entire defense system in SaGa game working on a tag check system, something that every single game outside of this one had, was also based around this idea.
>Even the formations are different.
Imperial Cross is the exact same though, they only added more formation, which will have dubious uses as always, there was no need to do that since there's no specific combat niche to be filled with new formations either.
>Again not inherently worse.
It is inherently worse though, I did not ask for a repeat of EB, I merely compared the systems because EB is the latest mainline and they used the same name for the mechanic, it's the worst combo system the series had, not even the ToF system in SaGa 2 DS is this bad, and filling limit break gauges has no place in this series.
>But handwaving the game because it's different
I'm not handwaving the game because it's different, I'm handwaving the game because none of this shit is part of the series and is not even an improvement over the original game or what previous installments did.
Minstrel Song is almost completely different from the original RS1, but it did not copy mechanics from other, worse games and trash core mechanics, dumbing down the game, it was a major system overhaul with only added stuff, original stuff and ideas, it polished things tried in previous games as well, this remake does nothing of the sort, and is fairly insulting to people in general as well, not just fans of the series.
>>
>>3618047
Also
>Given you and I both know this game is going to review well regardless of how good or shit it is
I could give less of a shit about that, especially if this is going to be the standard from now onwards, Kawazu will probably retire by the end of this decade, SaGa will be shelved by then and the lights go off, worse case scenario we get more shitty remakes like this one but I'll be gone by then so who cares.
It only further proves how most people around give no shit about anything other than the games' looks and marketing hype, and I already made peace with this since SaGa Frontier 1 came out in 1997.
But if you think I'm just gonna accept a shitty remake that is actively going against what the series stands for, insulting people and confirming that I can only trust what Kawazu personally has a hand in, you've got something else coming, I won't stay silent and accept this only because more casuals buy a shitty remake which will make more money than some mainlines, but sell less than the original anyway.
Do you judge games based on Steam reviews or Metacritic as well? Am I supposed to think Dragon Age Inquisition is an amazing game because 10+ million retards bought it?
Is Romancing SaGa 2 a shit game because a rag like Famitsu gave it a 24/40 back in the days?
Not sure what you're getting at really, I agree that it's ultimately no big of a deal because the original is still available in a pretty good remaster, but it doesn't make this remake less shit than it is.
>>
File: F7mCgHa.jpg (494 KB, 2560x1440)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>3618056
>You were already exploiting weaknesses by default
Yes I know this. I'm saying the reason you're using a specific weapon is to exploit weaknesses in the new system. It was like it was before with rules that dictated it's internal logic. Now it's different.
>>3618056
>Imperial Cross is the exact same though
Imperial cross is an exception. Seriously, look at the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dlmvYUzaKs
And if you don't want that I'll add a screenshot.
Unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure only middle/1 had increased guard. And now everybody does.

>it's the worst combo system the series had
I'm pretty sure I hated unlimited's more for no reason other than getting interrupted and having rocks thrown at me for 3 LP feels like shit. This one is just inoffensive. I'm willing to bet money the only reason they call it overdrive at all has nothing to do with EB but because the gacha exists.
>very insulting
To whom? Is this some line in the sand? Kawazu already made the remaster he wanted to make. This isn't his work. It's clearly not trying to be a mechanically deep game. Never in a million years would I expect somebody who actually likes and understands Kawazu's works to be so base as to judge a work that isn't his work, to works that is his work.

>Do you judge games based on metacritic
I play the game (if it's interesting) to completion. I do all the content. And I formulate my opinion. The entire scenario I posited was you coming into threads where people talk about things they like and then bitching and moaning about how it's the death of everything and it's over like the anti-saga schizo.
When Castlevania turned into Classicvanias we held that L gracefully. and likely as a result our forum is still alive

>I won't stay silent and accept this
You're going to become the worst version of yourself for literally no reason. But hey I can't stop you. Unironically do what makes you happy, anon.
>>
Personally I just find the reliance on targeting weakness to activate burst damage to be an inherently shallow mechanic but I'm also not too broken up about it either
>>
>>3618053
Arigato goizamasu
>>
You should be able to solve this.
>>
>>3618075
>It was like it was before with rules that dictated it's internal logic. Now it's different.
Not really, now there's no internal logic, it's worse system overall, this is not up for debate either, it is objectively a worse system with less synergy, less freedom and less depth.
Different=/=Better, and again, this new system, which was copied straight from Octopath, goes against major series mechanics that were never, ever changed on top of doing the single worst shit one could do, copying other games instead of doing shit your own way.
>And now everybody does.
Yeah, because now the combat is CTB and you need it, same rason why Heavy Infantry is now a completely useless class due to this dumb, unwanted and unneeded change, it's still fundamentally the same exact formation with adjustments made to work with a new, worse system that shouldn't have been a thing, something that again, was never done up to now because it goes against the series' identity and signature mechanics.
>I'm pretty sure I hated unlimited's more for no reason other than getting interrupted and having rocks thrown at me for 3 LP feels like shit.
Skill issues, your standards are just low considering Unlimited had one of the best and most freeform combo systems in the series, something that was also not subject to arbitrary powergating like this remake's OD, another thing that goes against the series' philosophy, to add another to the list.
>To whom?
If you do not inherently find the director's statements insulting when he said he simplified mechanics because he thinks they're too hard for people I don't really know what the fuck I can tell you.
Seriously, the mobage has more complex mechanics than this remake and this retard literally said people are supposedly not intelligent enough, how can you not find it insulting?
>When Castlevania turned into Classicvanias we held that L gracefully.
We who? I sure didn't and so did most I know, spare me the patronizing and holier than thous, retard.
>>
>>3618075
Oh and about Castlevania in particular since you brought that up, IGA might be a hack, but there's sure a lot more respect to the series' roots and identity in his games than there is in this remake.
>>
>>3615948
Will the Switch version be significantly downgraded?
>>
>>3618122
People are reporting framerate issues in some areas, other than that, slightly longer loading times and the lower resolution there won't be many differences.
PC has some nifty stuff like unlocked framerate though so it's still better to get it there, especially since mods might happen.
>>
>>3617713
What do you have to say about saga?
>>
>>3618083
>hovering over the answer
also this was not in the demo
>>
in the original rs2 the formations were actually bugged. Due to a coding error, anything that gave a 1/4 speed boost or penalty was assigned the "defend after attacking" attribute, instead of using a separate flag. As a result the amazon raid formation gives great defensive boosts in addition to offense.
They chose not to fix this in the remaster because they didn't want to make major changes.
>>
>>3617722
imagine what Gerard must be thinking considering it's been only 18 years since he was last Emperor and now on to the last one.
>>
>>3618300
is this true?
>>
>>3615948
The demo was pretty good, made me look forward to the finished result.
>>
>>3617416
Every living thing is food for the termites
>>
>>3617798
What carries over?
>>
>>3617393
>>3617331
Would you not be?
>>
It's funny that he remade the thread to try to rebrand the reception to the demo as positive. There's some real kike shit on this board for sure.
>>
>>3618593
More like you're mentally ill.
This thread didn't have the name anywhere in the OP so doesn't appear whe searching the board for a previous thread on it.
>>
>>3618597
Wrong, you bumped this thread immediately after. You just sat in the other thread and replied to yourself for hours. This is going to be just like Emerald Beyond and Dragon's Dogma 2 where you hype the game up constantly then it releases and turns out to be a huge piece of shit and it immediately becomes obvious what you were doing the whole time.
>>
>>3618601
Not everything in life is a conspiracy you faggot.
>>
>>3618602
Who said anything about conspiracy? I can literally look at those threads and see what happened. You spent all day replying to yourself while everyone told you the games were going to be shit and then these wound up being multiple month old forever threads while you played by yourself and everyone magically disappeared. It's not a conspiracy when I can just look at the thread and see that. The game looks bad. It's obvious it's going to be bad. It's obvious you remade the thread and made all positive replies about the game. It's really that simple. The solution is to behead yourself as an apology.
>>
>>3615948
Am I the only one that finds that particular anime stylerepulsive?
>>
>>3618604
>You
Not only are you accusing someone of shilling for this specific game, you are saying one person is behind shilling every single game you think is bad on 4chan.

Even /pol/acks assign less schemes to the jews than this.
>>
>>3618608
>you are saying one person is behind shilling every single game you think is bad on 4chan.
No, it's pretty obvious those 2 games I listed are you. 2 games is not every game. When you sit in a thread and post "X more days til Y!" and other similar retarded behaviors every day long after the thread is dead it becomes not hard to see, I'm certain these threads will enter that stage of lazy bumping soon enough. So too will this become a tumor on the catalogue that releases to a mediocre reception while you meekly cope for a few months then it rolls off the catalogue and we pretend it never happened until the next kusoge rolls out and you do the same thing again.
>>
File: 3.jpg (296 KB, 1280x720)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>3618606
Prefer the classic sprites when it comes to rpgs, though this style is still a step up from shit like minstrel or ff4 3d remakes.
>>
>>3618435
Presume he killed himself at the fucked up situation that you have to go through for those kind of gimmick playhthroughs.
>>
>>3618620
>minstrel or ff4 3d remakes.
Ewww

Isn't there a solution to capture the snes art direction and pixel art and add something modern to it?
Slop like sea of stars diesn't deliver imho.

Even the pixel remaster (took them long enough) aren't a straight improvement to snes games.
>>
>>3618620
Minstrel Songs graphics are cute bro
>>
>>3618720
Its more deformed than classic ff7. Its in some twisted middle-position between SD and realistic models.
>>
>>3618620
I prefer Minstrel Song models to Haccan.
Sue me
>>
>>3618604
Holy mother of schizo
>>
>>3618727
>Sue me
You're Guilty
Sentence is Death
>>
>>3615985
Did you know that both octoshart turdeler and romincing sagay both had gacha games?

The octo gacha game had appearances by characters from LiveALive, which I cant think up a funny name for
>>
>>3618727
It's not Haccan, it's Yoshiro Ambe.
But yeah, the style is largely similar even though Haccan is technically better, I also prefer MS over this, mostly because MS character models had a lot more personality than these due to facial expressions and a variety of unique animations that do not exist in this remake, the choreography in general was also way better.
Also Ambe's redesigns are a mixed bag, I don't like his safe horny stuff and while he was painstakingly accurate to the original concept art on some of those like the female light infantry, the molemen or the nomads, his generic anime faces bring the designs down and the assassination of the nereids is something I really can't forgive.
>>
>>3618933
The nereids having human legs while in battle (making them too close to the mermaid) and the face of Coppelia being a generic animu chick instead of a goofy cartoon doll are the only parts that really bother me.
>>
>>3616161
Therese needs all the help she can get, her and that faggot James from team rocket were the only party members that were dying for me.
I made Bear an unarmed Fister more than I used his sword. Turned out surprisingly well when he sparked the unarmed self-heal move which is super strong for the prologue, really boosted his tanking.
>>
>>3619008
Bear doing anything but P A R R Y every turn is just unholy
>>
>>3619009
Oh he had parry too, but this way he was also capable of topping himself up when health was critical. Made him more self-reliant and not like he was otherwise spending any of his BP on spells or attack skills.
>>
File: RS3 Filtered.jpg (632 KB, 900x877)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>3616396
>>
>>3619009
Parry is useless in this remake because the combat has been twisted into CTB, meaning you don't get the fast priority of a stance anymore, defensive stances are next to useless now especially on slow classes like Heavy Infantry, ironically enough since they were originally built for it but what can you expect from these people.
Of course, apparently there's a passive that will give you auto Parry now to get out of a problem they created for themselves, but you gotta carry a now complete dead weight class for god knows how many fights to get it, it's so depressing.
>>
>>3618109
>Yeah, because now the combat is CTB and you need it, same rason why Heavy Infantry is now a completely useless class due to this dumb, unwanted and unneeded change
Aside from the fact I prefer CTB (technically Octopath's style over FFX's) over slot-command-based systems, I don't see how this makes Heavy Infantry any more useless compared to the old game's system. Even with Defensive Stances having Priority, meaning you get it in the first turn over turn 2, speed is still everything in both systems. A slow character won't get their attacks in no matter what if they or everyone else dies and defensive stances still last 'til their next turn, so they still benefit from their defenses. CTB is just better because it keeps you more engaged in a fight and avoids misclick issues messing up your entire turn rotation (since we never bothered to take Etrian Odyssey's or Emerald Beyond's turn confirmation system as a universal thing). I wouldn't say it makes slow classes any better or worse than before, so it comes down to more player-preference and how they address tanking here.

Will agree that the weapon weakness change is shit. It's not TOO different from how normal RomSaGa2 handles it but also just enough to irk me. Never liked it in Octopath (which didn't even HAVE that many weapon types to make use out of it anyhow), don't like it here.
>>
>>3619063
why did you screenshot your own posts
>>
in the old version the success rates of counter/parry/etc were boosted slightly by your skill level and boosted significantly by your agility stat. Therefore you were guaranteed 100% activation of jolt counter with the final emperor in amazon raid formation (due to the speed bonus). Against some bosses you could use mist cover on your other party members and spam counters to guarantee victory.
>>
>>3619358
What kind of cope is this?
>>
>square is remaking Romancing SaGa again
>Not bringing over the japan-only remakes to the Switch in HD
C'mon
>>
>>3616396
>CWC-tier
But we don't play Pokemon
>>
>>3619076
There's nothing dead weight about them, they are still extremely robust tanks to go at the head of the formation.
>>
>>3619358
Are you retarded.
>>
>>3619531
>japan-only remakes to the Switch in HD
First time I've heard of this
>>
>>3618620
I feel like I'm the only one who really loved MS's style, and not just tolerated it. I especially like how everything looks painted instead of "textured", if that makes sense
>>
RS3 had that basic strategy battle minigame when you were playing as the ruler, think they'll put anything like that into into the remake of 2. Would make sense as an emperor to sometimes make use of your armed forces instead of just heading in with your own 4 guys every time.
>>
>>3615985
imagine getting filtered by a pixel art jrpg lmao
>>
File: SaGaClaudia2.jpg (163 KB, 580x900)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>3619657
I love it too, I like chibi characters, and like you said, the painted look is very cool.
>>
>>3619657
I like it a lot too. Think you can see that it’s lower budget compared to other Square games of that era in some things like animations and the like but it’s a nice style.
>>
>>3619358
dumb new idiot
>>
>>3619341
>CTB is just better because it keeps you more engaged in a fight
I don't have ADHD so this doesn't concern me and I hardly find myself more engaged in a shitty system that this series also avoided like the plague for a lot of reasons.
Were it like Unlimited where you have sort of a hybrid, or if they fundamentally redesigned everything to work around this new CTB combat it might have worked, but it's not and it's just worse, also because all of the layers of planning are now gone, CTB can't even support a proper combo system which is why combos have been turned into discount Break, nor can it support SSG/EB systems of timeline manipulation, it's just awful all around.
>speed is still everything in both systems.
Actually speed wasn't so important in the round based system because again, you had commands that had fast priority, delay or other things that let you play around your speed, slow classes like Heavy Infantry or Saigo Clan gave zero shit about their speed because they could still rely on defensive stances to get around it, now it's no longer the case, doubly so for anyone who chooses to use heavy armor.
To make matters worse, they actually understood this was a problem, which is why they put the bandaid solution that is auto parry passives, but it only adds needless bloat and still doesn't solve other problems like an enemy getting a first turn and preemptively wiping out your party without any possible counterplay, which is another reason why this series never did this CTB shit.
This change doesn't make the game better, it makes it worse all around, and it's made purely to pander to people who hate this series rather than those who do.
>>3619538
A heavy infantry who can't defend themselves and actually work like a tank is completely pointless, they're a slow class with piss poor offense as well, there's no reason to use Bear in the demo when Lisa now does everything Bear does but better simply because she's faster.
>>
>>3619890
If you keep doing shit like this you're going to regret it.
>>
>>3619892
>>3619358
That screencap is old as hell and has been posted around multiple times.
>>
>>3619657
It was just coomers who were mad that the chibi women didn't look like bravely defaults chibi
>>
File: 8954892343.png (816 KB, 624x440)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>3615948
The game was fine but why the fuck can't it look like this?
>>
>>3620031
We'll never get a game that looks like this, ever
>>
>>3620031
Because the actual SaGa team isn't working on this remake, Ito is the only exception, everyone else is just XEEN employees who were given full independence from the main team, which is currently budy with whatever they're doing with SaGa Frontier 2.
>>
>>3620031
That would truly be kino, replicating Kobayashi style in game like maybe Draogn Quest does with Toriyama's
>>
>>3620040
>We'll never get a game that looks like this, ever
Scarlet Grace and Emerald Beyond they're not good
>>
File: 1704063143338080.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>3620050
It might happen at some point, the main team was already trying to do this since SSG but hardware and budget constraints did not help, EB did a similar thing but with Kuramochi's style as base and the sorta got the watercolour shader and general proportions right.
They know how much people like Kobayashi's art and they're clearly trying to get it right, it will probably happen at some point, even if it might be Kawazu's last project before retiring.
>>
Should I get this or Metaphor? I like P3FES and P5 vanilla, but Metaphor looks like a fantasy reskin. RS2 is more out of my usual comfort zone but it looks genuinely interesting.

Metaphor: I know I'll enjoy it.
RS2: I might not like it, I might like it, but either way it'll be a different experience from the usual slop I play.

I've only really got the time for one in October.
>>
>>3620373
SaGa games are way more gameplay focused, 90% gameplay 10% story.
Atlus games are very much visual novels with gameplay, so it's up to your preferences if you want to enjoy more of a story told to you in a simpler/relaxing gameplay/challenge, or if you want to focus on mechanics and character building and more of a gameplay where you have to stop and think more (may be a negative if you are just playing casually after work and if you have kids for example)
>>
the date stuff in RS2 always stressed me. I can't go for a leisurely stroll in a dungeon. And then there's a shit ton of units to pick from and I'll never know who to use
>>
Is RS2 good for multiple playthroughs? Like how Minstrel Song you have different toons to pick from and stuff changes in NG+'s. I can't pick from a bunch of starting toons in RS2 but is there still replayability?
>>
>>3620381
The dates stuff in RS2 isn't as bad as RS1.
In RS1 the event counter increased on the number of battles you fought, and it was extremely hard to dodge encounters. While in RS2 you actually have to complete enough entire stories/beat a member of the 7 Heroes to get a timeskip.
>>
>>3620390
after the intro you can make a new team and you have a good deal of freedom in the order you explore the rest of the world. Your experience will vary depending on the formations you unlock, characters you recruit, weapons you develop, magic you research, skills you spark, etc
If that's not enough you can add a gimmick for your playthrough and optimize your strategies accordingly. For example
>skip the final emperor
>fewest emperors
>early final emperor
>solo final emperor
>>
>>3616717
>defeated dantarg in 50 years on 2nd emperor
>final emperor in 100 years as 3rd emperor
holy fuck, calm the fuck down
>>
>>3616981
>what is blunt strike
and really too many others that i'm not going to bother listing
>>
>>3618620
i'd rather it be in a fun unique art style done by the saga team rather than being cookie cutter generic unrealslop, minstrel song is gorgeous
>>
>>3620453
blunt strike is a greatsword technique that paralyzes enemies
Although it deals no damage, I believe it is classified as a "slash" type attack and therefore is blocked by sword barrier
>>
>>3620390
Yeah, in the remaster at least NG+ carries over equipment including those in the storage, all your empire's money, and any skills and spells unlocked, including fusion spells learned at the research facility. With this you can blitz through the game pretty fast while trying different approaches.
>>
i want to breed diva in all of her bodies
>>
>>3620373
Get Metaphor, this remake it's hardly even a SaGa game anymore so you're not even getting the real deal, on its own it's not terrible but the drop in quality coming from the original and the series in general is undeniable
>inb4 but why
Because it's better to aim for something you're sure you'll enjoy, don't get me wrong, RS2 is an amazing game but this remake is almost offensively bad and there's only two kinds of people I'd recommend it to, Octopath players who're not sure whether to take the plunge and want something of a transitional game between the two series, and people who downright hate the SaGa series and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole unless it got dumbed down and turned into something as generic as possible in nearly every single aspect.
If you're genuinely interested, play the remaster instead, that one you can trust, it also costs like half of this remake, the only thing of worth this remake does is adding the Seven Heroes' backstory from the side materials like the manga and theater play into the game, and the arranged OST being really good, everything else is either worse or a sidegrade at best.
>>
>>3620373
I don't like persona, so I can't give you a proper recommendation, other than to recommend you ignore everything this poster says >>3620613
>>
>>3620613
the remaster is in unity so that makes it automatically objectively the only version, since unrealslop doesn't count as videogames
>>
Demo didn't blow me away. Feels kind of flat and slow compared to Minstrel Song.
>>
>>3621005
It kinda is, but I also think Minstrel Song is like one of the best PS2 RPGs ever
>>
>>3621005
It's just overall worse than MS, and it didn't need to be, it's poorly made all around and feels unironically dated and archaic compared to MS and even the DS remakes.
>>
>>3621005
mods will fix it
>>
>>3620373
get metaphor if you like watching anime get saga if you like actually playing games
>>
How does saving work in the RS2 and RS3 PS4 ports? Is it save points only, is there autosave, is there save anywhere?
>>
>>3621402
save anywhere + autosave backup
>>
File: 1722736157366137.jpg (102 KB, 564x753)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>3615948
Wheres 4 and saga frontier 3 it's succesor???
>>
The combat is slow .
Xeen worked the best for arpg like Trials of Mana , so the best desition would have been Terranigma.
But to be fair, after getting thrown to made 2 turn based RPG(Episode Aegis and RS2) It ended up being competent enough the result.
And also the AA turn based developer (Historia, hands, Alliance Alive devs, ... even compile and lancrase) were busy , so was Xeen or something like alim
>>
>>3621402
You save anywhere, all SaGa let you save anywhere, outside of this latest RS2 remake which for some unfathomable reason regressed to save points.
>>
>>3621557
terranigma was quintet, not square, and i wouldn't want anyone (be it xeen, square, the ghost of quintet, or anyone) to remake terranigma, i would never trust them to do it, just make a new game that's inspired by it
>>
File: trails of .jpg (40 KB, 958x118)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
What is SaGa comunity opinion about Kiseki?
>>
>>3621830
>terranigma was quintet, not square
Anon, they already remaked actraiser
>>
>>3621869
literally who
>>
>>3616981
If the japs did things that made sense maybe they wouldn't have lost a certain world war
>>
>>3621871
Remade, it's a strong verb. And Actraiser is the only one they can remake because of rights issues, and the remake was mediocre at best
>>
>>3621871
and it was shit, thanks for examplifying my point, retard
>>
>>3621959
Anon, the writer want It to be remade kek
>>
>>3621869
visual novel dating sim

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.