[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>start as Russia
>spawn on an island
>can't move outside of the island before Renaissance
5/5 game
>>
freemium Civ 6
>>
>>1595098
Restart, reroll retard, rekillyourself, etc.
>>
>>1595098
>not playing pangae
your own fault
>>
>>1595098
Sounds like an issue not an issme.
>>
>emperor difficulty
>epic speed
>Archipelago
>venice
Ive done this so many times
>>
ok can I have a rundown on tech? i.e. which one I should beeline, which I should prioritize more than the others, which I should just ignore, etc.
>>
>>1596644
Depends where you are and what you're doing. If the game has decided to fuck you by pacing you in a jungle, you'll want to aim for the "Remove Jungle" function. If you're on a grassland surrounded by Marble and Stone, you'll want a combination of Quarries, Calendar, and Mausoleum.
If you're on a coastline, you'll want to get a trireme out.
If you want to bash your enemy, put horsemen in their eco.
>>
>>1595139
Not gonna play your woke civ game
>>
>>1596644
Adding onto this anon
>>1596663
It also depends on the difficulty. Harder difficulty you dont want to rush wonders since the ai will have insane buffs but anything king and under should be fine to wonder rush
>>
>>1595098
Maybe play on Earth to avoid such issues.....

>>1596644
>beeline
It depends on the Civ and Terrain but mostly Writing/Philosophy for National College science boost.

Other than that you need to prioritize techs according based on luxuries and hostile AI near you, win con etc.

Always remember your Win Con. and plan accordingly.
>>
>>1596750
I hate cheaters, so I just play prince, unfortunately.
>>
I've been wanting to get back into this game, please recommend me a tall freedom civ (my preferred playstyle)
>>
>>1596771
Dutch/English
>>
>>1596787
neither of those really make any sense at all unless you want to reroll a ton with the dutch to get a good polder start
>>1596771
india but they're not that good
korea if you want to absolutely blow everyone else out of the water science-wise
aztecs if you get lucky with fresh water
incas if you get lucky with mountains
venice if you like trade and having a massive capital (internal trade routes > external)
sweden if you want to try and be friends with everyone (ai is schizo and this will not work)
>>
>>1596809
They're both naval domination civs. You have a small core of cities with high populations and production, then you have far-off puppets contributing gold. England's gatlings are particularly dangerous, letting you get many unreasonable kills and extorting enemies for hundreds of GPT while using spies in contested cities (with the covert freedom policy) to go for a diplomatic win.
>>
>>1596763
The ai is retarded so it feels like im cheating if they dont get buffs
>>
>>1596819
if someone says their favorite strat is "tall freedom" i think it's safe enough to assume that they don't want to blob out over a bunch of shit dead weight cities
>>
>>1596644
That depends massively, there is no true run-down on tech.
The only bit of universal advice is that pottery is the best first tech.
The granary and the shrine are great buildings are it beings you closer to more useful tech

Outside of that, the next piece of general knowledge is to try and prioritize researching techs which give science buildings.
So education and scientific theory should usually take priority in comparison to say chivalry or military theory.

Here's a list of random tips:
>Theology is important if you are playing a religious game.
>If you are playing wide, then metal working is quite good for the Notre Dame wonder.
>If you want a specific wonder, of course prioritize its tech
>the internet technology, as well as the techs which give hotels and airports are key for tourism victories
>Xcom squads and stealth bombers at the end of the tech tree are great for late game conquest
>If you have plenty of fresh water in your civ, then prioritize civil service, as it gives +1 food to farms on fresh water tiles.
>>
>>1596750
>Harder difficulty you dont want to rush wonders
I've found that you regularly can get Great Library on Emperor through rushing, but I doubt you can do so without a great start on higher difficulties
>>
>>1596831
They're not "dead weight" if you choose them correctly.
>>
>>1596845
It also depends on number of civs you have. I usually run the default settings for huge and generally cant rush it without getting a lucky start on the difficultys i play. Too many civs start with the tech to build it so one will try day 1 usually
>>
>>1596831
there is no such thing as 'tall freedom'
>>
>>1596763
>giving the limited AI advantage = cheating
>plays on prince
translation: You're shit.
>>
>>1597103
>giving the limited AI advantage = cheating
Quite literally, yes. I don't care how hard or easy it is, but if we're not playing by the same set of rules, I hate it. I prefer PvP-oriented games for that reason.
>>
>>1597106
You sound like a complete fucking idiot and are probably not that good at the games you pretend to be good at.
>>
>>1597107
My, you've gleaned ever so much from my disdain for cheaters.
>>
>>1597115
i dont agree with the context that they are cheating or your interpretation of giving mediocre AI advantage. Your entire perspective is moronic.
>>
>>1597116
>i dont agree with the context that they are cheating
Getting extra starting resources is cheating, yes.
>or your interpretation of giving mediocre AI advantage.
It's a handicap to let them match players.
>Your entire perspective is moronic.
I just hate cheaters. Deal with it.
>>
>>1597125
>deal with it
it's literally your obvious own mentalblock. Why would I give a shit you're a moron? I'd rather just make sure you knew your perspective is invalid. And you should question yourself more. You seem entirely too stupid to be this confident.
>>
>>1596644
in multiplayer
>if water map
open tech tree and click Navigation turn 1
>if land map
open tech tree and click Dynamite turn 1
>>
>>1597155
Nta but dude chill out. Having the ai be more competent would be way more fun than having the ai cheat on higher levels.
>>
OP is too dumb to realize that bad starts are the most fun
>>
>>1597750
>chill out
yes I see you must assume someone is under duress to call them out for being terrible.
>>
>>1597107
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
>>
On the topic of tech, how long can a tech be held off? And which notable tech can be held off? Whenever I hold off a tech, I would get utterly panicked when I see a branch get left behind and try to let it catch up, like some kind of OCD
>>
>>1597787
I was assumed something was up since you were acting like an asshole
>>
>>1595098
Had this start before. It's not like your UU comes before you can traverse oceans tbf
>>
>>1596644
If you're near where horses can spawn (grassland, plains) always do animal husbandry first. You should be building a scout first so teching for pottery first is meaningless, and you're not going to have a worker that early to improve anything, so the benefit of getting extra yield from tiles with horses on them is best.
>>
>>1596998
Oh on huge definitely not.
Generally the way the odds work out, is that the player needs to hope that most of the AI, or maybe even all of them, don't research writing first. Or perhaps even second.
(they start with pottery on higher difficulties)

On standard, that's a decent chance.
On huge - not so much.
>>
>>1597027
Freedom is built for tall civs.
Did you get confused with Liberty?
You can play tall with that one too, it's just less encouraged
>>
>ctrl+f vox populi
>nothing
I'm surprised. I'm not good enough at the game to have an opinion but what are the pros/cons of civ5 vs vox populi?
>>
>>1598145
... Pottery first for Shrine so you get a pantheon, don't give advice of you're so out of it you can't even get the basics right. Literally no pvp player starts anything else but Pottery, and in single player getting Shrine faster is even more important cause AI gets a head start and they can accidentally take your best pantheons unless you rush the Shrine.
>>
all i want in a mod is more civs. is lekmod good in that case?
>>
>tfw casual war decs as Aztecs for culture
>>
File: essential mod.jpg (42 KB, 637x358)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1596644
>>1596750
Won't even play without the wonder race mod.
>>
>>1595098
>Optics
>Technology of the Classical Era
Skill issue as usual.
>>
>>1598582
vp is autistic bloatshit
>>
>>1598582
VP's AI improvements alone make the mod essential if you're playing Civ 5
>>
File: nigloo.jpg (52 KB, 750x742)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1604440
>VP's AI improvements alone make the mod essential if you're playing Civ 5
It makes wars impossible to win because AI is actually competent with building enough troops + retreating wounded ones, ironically enough >>1604404 is right in how it does improve upon the game but it ends up suffering many of the same problems (mainly how wars are unfun and the closer you get to modern era the more it all just falls apart and feels less and less fun to play), while adding several layers of mechanics that make the game feel deeper but just end up feeling bloated with how much more you need to actually manage by mid-late game, for very little pay-off.
>>
is it possible to get improved VP AI but only in vanilla game without all the bloat
>>
>>1601351
lekmod has big changes to most policies and some mechanical additions, like techs from city conquests. so probably not. you can find many of the civs from the mod in the workshop.

>>1604476
yeah. the "community patch only" selection in the installer has bug fixes and AI changes.
>>
File: 109843957869843756.png (230 KB, 417x287)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>start a game of civ6
>game is completely ruined 100 turns in because your explorer discovered the edge of the map
5/5 game
>>
>>1606124
Ruined how?
>>
>>1606131
My civilization is now split in 2 by the minimap and there's no way to recenter it.
>>
>>1606124
Skill issue
>>
File deleted.
>>1596644
First prioritize getting tech needed for tile improvements like stables, plantations, mine, etc. You can skip some of these techs if there aren't any tiles that need specific improvement, i.e. don't get trapping if you don't need to build hunting camps. After that, beeline science buildings. Get library then national college then universities then public schools then research labs. After that you should have a massive tech lead and can just do whatever you need to win.
>>
>>1606145
Just build the fuckin Stonehenge
>>
>>1600285
Which pantheons are good? Whenever I play Russia I really like taking the God of the Expanse for max border growth even though I know that's probably not optimal
>>
>>1607796
anything that gives more faith, food, or production tile yields
>>
>>1607832
Thanks
>>
File: gigachad arms.jpg (194 KB, 1571x1089)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>1595098
>start as Polynesia on Archipelago map
>save scum ruins to get 3-4 spearmen
>conquer one civ in ancient era before anyone else meets you, side stepping warmonger penalties entirely
>always found World Congress
>>
>>1608798
>re-roll
>Just like the map starts
Fuck off
>>
>>1608798
>>1608800
kek
>>
File: 1694927761683062.jpg (165 KB, 1023x891)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>choose anything other than tradition
>struggle with happiness, gold, culture and border growth for the rest of the game
>>
>>1608834
It is quite retarded, I keep hearing liberty start is viable but I genuinely do not understand how or why, you literally just gimp yourself
I guess it can work if you play one of the extra happiness civs but I find even rushing to 3 cities quickly gets out of hand compared to just being a 1/2 city trad chad biding your time to found or conquer 3rd or 4th city at the perfect tile
>>
>>1608869
Liberty only becomes better than Tradition at 6+ cities but settling that many early in the game will leave you behind in science, gold, happiness and population. If those cities can grow to a full ~20 pop then a 6+ city Liberty empire would stomp all over the usual 1-5 city Trad empire in all metrics but this game where getting an early tech lead and rapid pop growth is the key to victory it rarely pays off. Not to mention on any difficulty higher than King, settling that many cities will just make the whole world attack you.
>>
>>1608876
>If those cities can grow to a full ~20 pop then a 6+ city Liberty empire would stomp all over the usual 1-5 city Trad empire in all metrics
That's a big if to begin with since unless you're cheesing the map with going full jungle, you'd need a lot of food to grow those cities, and I found that the game really likes putting player near deserts in my starts regardless of civ pick
Can't you open with trad and go for liberty after and basically enjoy the same benefits but with a much smoother start?
>>
>>1608883
>Can't you open with trad and go for liberty after and basically enjoy the same benefits but with a much smoother start?
You could, but that would delay Rationalism policies and Ideology which are usually the game winners. Although it is possible that the culture from both Trad and Lib could make up for it. I'll have to test it.
>>
>>1608834
>>1608869
If you can find the extra gold to cover your expenses, Liberty is great, yes. You do have to be proactive, and somewhat of a bully.
>>
I don't remember the name of the mod, but there was this rebalancing overhaul that made ranged units fragile as fuck against melee/cav units. Like, 90% HP taken away from a warrior attack versus an archer. Really liked it since making a frontline of melee was more relevant than stacking ranged for single-targeting, lest you get rolled over. Sure, ranged units are still good, but you need to position them right so they won't take damage from more than one source
>>
File: 1499501312796.jpg (23 KB, 381x405)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>Play as Spain
>Reset reset reset until I start next to Lake Victoria
>>
Which civs are the best for maximum production?
>>
>>1607783
>>
Tried out total defeat (must take all cities and destroy all units) and god its so fucking bad. I took the Iroquois last city 100 turns ago and they have some scout running around somewhere I'll never find. How do I edit the save file to fix this?
>>
>>1613541
Naval civs if you want to take advantage of production sea trade routes, other than that I would say Germany.
>>
>once a year check civ 5 on twitch of people playing mp
>every player has 4-5 towns max

atleast when i check civ6 streams they have multiple towns, i know infinite towns like in civ2 is not fun but autopiloting to 4 every match because of global happiness removes all the decision making and nuance of balance between profit vs expanding out of the game.
>>
>>1604474
I agree with you, but I'd still play VP over vanilla since vanilla is much more of a solved game. People have optimized all of the fun out of it and you get laughed at in these threads if you don't do one of the cookie-cutter builds borderlining cheese. With VP you can at least do whatever you want with whichever civ you want at atleast settler5. But yes, war is super tedious and gets more so and more bogged down as time goes on. I wish they would do something drastic about it such as doubling the movement of units so that you can actually maneuver and flank and exploit, or reintroduce unit stacking.
>>
>>1596663
If you get a rainforest start just reroll, it's a brick because rushing bronze working cripples your tech progression
>>1611965
Sounds like a slog
>>
civ5 is comfy but im bored of it :(
>>1607783
>>
>>1607783
I'm bored so wish me luck, civfrens
>>
>>1607796
People tend to love Desert folklore because it applies to all desert tiles, including flood plains and hills, not just the flat blank ones. Otherwise it depends on what's in your area. Got a lot of plantations? Oral trad. Got lots of pastures, then Open Sky.
>>
File: Sad Arino.jpg (90 KB, 1200x900)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>Play domination-friendly civ who wants to warmonger the world into submission
>End up being a beta bitch who befriends everyone while my massive army rots away in garrison and at my borders
Why am I such a fucking loser?
>>
>>1616312
It's partially the fault of the AI. You can't properly extort those guys. Fear and rationality don't apply.
>>
>>1595098
i dunno if you can help me, but, here is:
>many years ago i installed CiV V
>good times, installed some mods (graphics and some civilizations)
>more fun until one day, i decided to go from prince to king (noob i know), everything goes right.... unitl my run starts crashing...
>start a new one.... still crash
>looking for answers, some dude posted that maybe it was because my pc was shit, and the graphical mod is heavy
>stopped playing it
>years passed, i renovated my old pc, better graphics cards, more RAM, more hard drive
>some weeks ago, after shitposting, i was bored and i found my old CIV V folder
>why not?
>play with the same mods.... 4 games with Prince difficulty completed
>ok, lets step up
>playing a King game..... some turns and crash.....
>start a new game, again in prince
>finished the game
>starts another in prince, but with more civilizations mods...... crash again
the only thing i wanna know if is difficulty REALLY affects perfomance that much or its some weird installation bug??
>>
>the AI just cheat because the devs are always too incompentent to make ais that will play meta or like a human
Have you played a non-chess strategy game before?
>>
>>1616965
what's a strategy game where the difficulty increase doesn't give the AI an advantage over the player?
Or where as the solo campaign goes on the AI is not given more/optimal resources over the player.
>>
>>1616972
Homm3 hardest AI is a combination of smarter moves and more resources, which is pretty much how every strategy game AI works because unless your game is as simple for an AI as chess, you can't just rely on a smarter AI
>>
>>1616965
Sounds like this dilation of yours is just cope with the fact you can't play Civ. And you've rationalized it by calling everything cheating.
>>
>>1616972
He just named AoE2.
>>1616992
Dude, you're not okay.
>>
>>1617027
>cant stop dilating in a civ 5 game, a game he claims to hate but can't stop discussing
>projects mental instability onto others
oof. I hope you feel better soon friend. Sorry you willingly participated in a thread for a game you claim to not play.
lol
>>
>>1617054
NTA.
>>
>>1607783
weeee
>>
>>1597103
AI gets no debuffs on Prince while it gets many hidden advantages like being able to build 7+ cities not caring about happiness at all. I think Prince + smart ai mod is a nice way to play.
>>
>>1597107
>he doesn't know AI cheats
>>
>>1597125
>It's a handicap to let them match players.
Just make better AI
>>
>>1607796
I might be retarded but I tend to take God-king 90% of the times. Plain extra +1/2 of all to palace is pretty good in the beginning.
>>
File: pic2403963[1].jpg (200 KB, 800x600)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>1615451
To be fair it was a reaction from civ iv and especialy from civ iii where city spam was a huge problem
>>
>>1623662
again just played as venice>>1607783
>>
>>1618861

civ4 didnt have city spam
>>
File: me.jpg (56 KB, 640x919)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>1608556
>play without expansions
>save scum ruins and get 1 mechanized infantry
>demolish everyone in my path
>get bored and quit
>>
>>1616849
in civ 6 I had a problem with a mod I made myself, if starting era was set to modern and I tried to start a new game the whole thing would crash to desktop without any error message
>>
>>1631235
point being, it might just be some wonky stuff in the civ code that does it
>>
>>1631799
fine. fuck civ 5
>>
>>1596343
>emperor difficulty
>Archipelago
>venice
disgusting
>>
>>1632523
leave her alone, there's nothing wrong with wanting a relaxed game
>>
About 20 dollars for the full game and it's DLC's right now on steam.
>>
am i making a mistake by ignoring religion after the first pantheon
>>
>>1633601
>About 20 dollars
Anon, I...
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/sid-meiers-civilization-v-complete-edition-aspyr
But wait...
https://www.newegg.com/aspyr-sid-meier-s-civilization-v-the-complete-edition/p/N82E16832351146
And then...
https://www.wingamestore.com/product/3853/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-The-Complete-Edition/
https://www.macgamestore.com/product/3172/Sid-Meiers-Civilization-V-The-Complete-Edition/
>>
File: 1703525910638518.png (1.31 MB, 1374x1370)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>1633674
I believe I shall have to go return a Steam game. Thank you.
>>
>>1595098
What does /vst/ thinks of the JFD addons
>>
File: 1667959731627819.jpg (77 KB, 687x916)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
New Civ Game

https://c7-game.github.io/
>>
>Random
>Continents
>Get Attila
>Shaka to the right, Shoshone at the left
>get lucky ruins with my warrior and wipe them before turning 70
>Pedro is next
Wew lads, early game domination is really fun
>>
>Be gunship
>Take city damage
>Pillage farm back to full
>Take city damage
>Pillage farm back to full
units broken
>>
>>1596841
No the early buildings are not great by any metric! What the fuck are you talking about? It takes forever for them to pay themselves back and you should definitely not go pottery -> building-> building, just do the math yourself 60 hammers for 1 food a turn at the cost of a gold a turn upkeep! Now it provides housing so maybe you have no water access but even then just build settlers, settlers solve your housing problem and provide two worked tiles of resources with no gold upkeep cost, or grab a scout and find a village/wonder maybe steal a worker setting back a neghibor and paying itself off far sooner then a those buildings will. Im not saying there is never a time for them or a ciry that needs them early but please dont think its a good move every time.
>>
>>1601985
Pangaea and hunting all over the map
>>
>>1615451
I remember autistically expanding my empire as a child playing Civ II
>>
>>1638057
Housing is not a concept in civ 5, you seem confused.
>>
>>1595098
>Orkussia main
Slava Ukrajinie!
>>
>>1595098
>pick map labelled "Islands"
>start in an island
>WHAT THE FUCK
>>
Why can't we have a civ with decent air combat
>>
File: civVroll.jpg (545 KB, 872x1224)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>1644887
Hard to model actual air combat in a turn based 4x game.
>>
>>1645078
There should be a mechanic where 'air superiority' over a cities radius matters, and another civ holding superiority over another civ confers some military and economic bonuses and some maluses for the loser. rollin
>>
>>1597988
>>
>>1597988
It will come with experience but just look at the tech itself and what it gives you and decide if that's something you want delayed.

For example, I might be playing a game where I don't need to worry about combat that much (at least at the moment), so I won't get steel for a while. I'll eventually want to get fertilizer but unless I really need the food I can hold off and go for stuff like Banking and Scientific Theory first.

You'll be hard pressed to find a one-size-fits-all answer for which techs can be held off since your needs will differ game by game, so just look at your tech tree often and ask "do I really need this or what comes soon after it?" or "is there something more imperative to research?" . You'll get better as you can recognize at a glance what you have and what you need :P
>>
How do people play this game without a unit stacking mod? Why wouldn't you fix the biggest flaw in civ 5? Just 2-3 units per tile make it so much better without all the traffic jams, dunno why they didn't put it in civ 6.
>>
>>1646538
desu when I first saw the corps system I thought that's what they did, give you the ability to combine two different units into one. was really disappointed when it was only the same type of unit
>>
>>1646538
doomstacks suck and the AI doesn't know how to fight them or make them themselves.
>>
>>1645147
Well, the IRL advantage of air superiority is being able to conduct airstrikes unmolested. I guess you could have some kind of automated air defense where the number of unused fighters in a city will confer a certain amount of damage to any hostile bomber that comes within a few tiles, that way if you have air supremacy you can pound enemy units/cities. But then how do you go about forcing the hostile planes out of the city to begin with? Its not a perfect solution
>>
>>1645078
Rolland
>>
Is civ6 such a shit game it doesn't even have a thread here?
I just reinstalled it after years out of boredom and need to know the must have mods to install.
>>
>>1646876
Every civ before 5 was able to use doomstacks just fine. 1UPT is the worst thing for a good AI. 5 already has limited stacking for military/civilian units so it can handle small stacks just fine, it just isn't coded to group up all its units into a single stack. Civ 5 combat and unit stats aren't balanced for doomstacks anyway. I'm using a mod for 2 units per tile and it really helps the AI out. I just had a civ declare war on me and it sent an army across a narrow isthmus. They were actually able to reinforce and retreat units without getting stuck or embarking any units. It would be better if they were programmed to escort siege units but they can already escort settlers so it'd be easy to add to civ 7.
>>
>>1615561
>a slog
I might just reinstall 5 and find the mod to get back to you on this. Thought players hated ranged units wiping out units with single targeting
>>
>>1646945
Definitely get the Civ 5 environmental skin and associated graphics mods to get rid of the play-doh, mobile look
>>
... could you have a coomer mod for CIV?
>>
Does anyone else play with Culture disabled? I don't really know why, but I hate it.
>>
>>1647729
Do you mean culture victory? Personally I like it, at the very least it requires more strategy and interaction than a science victory, at least in BNW. Although it is incredibly hard to actually get on immortal and deity. The AI shouldn’t be winning a culture victory against you unless you let them stack bonuses and don’t produce any culture of your own.
>>
>>1633614
Sometimes I don't even bother with a pantheon since the pantheon bonus is lost when your city converts. Having a religion is nice but its unlikely you're going to get one on harder difficulties, and the production used to build religious buildings can sometimes be better spent elsewhere (like building archers to attack your neighbors)
>>
>playing Carthage on Continents map
>my continent is a small skinny one with me on one end, Zulus on the other, and Mongolia in between
>Mongolia almost immediately attacks an annexes a city state
>Zulus ask me to attack Mongolia with them
>I agree
>I get the Mongol capital + liberate Zanzibar before I even found a third city
Well, that's a good start
>>
>>1608834
dunno i always start with piety
>>
This might be a retarded question but how do I into military victory? Every playthrough I always get stuck building buildings rather than units otherwise I feel you just get left behind in all other ways (scientific/cultural), at least on emperor/immortal. I'm always like I gotta get this, I gotta get that, and all of a sudden it's industrial age and I haven't even started conquering anybody.
>>
>>1615489
they’re trying out multiunit orders to cut down on micro
>>
>>1653648
I like to strike right before the Industrial, in the Renaissance. A fleet of Frigates and a single Caravel/Privateer can capture every single coastal city I set my eyes on.
>>
>>1645078
Chuck's Fuck and Suck
>>
>>1653648
>how do I into military victory?
If the map is larger than around 6~ players, don't bother.
>>
>>1653648
When I play immortal I usually feel the opposite: I need to actively weaken my rivals, just building shit isn't enough. Try it out: pick a time, forget about culture and science and just build units and take down your neighbors. If you want to be a pussy just wait `till artillery, you'll already have the important buildings by then anyway. Then you can use your momentum to take the rest of the capitals or go back to building with your newly conquered resources.
>>
>>1598582
>pro
distinct, accurate, flavorful civs
>con
too much shit to do by renaissance/industrial
>>
>>1653648
>This might be a retarded question but how do I into military victory?
Learn your civ/units strengths, build units within your gold output (it's that simple). Build 3+ archers and 3-4 spearmen/warriors on Ancient; Early siege units are usually worthless unless you are taking a well v. well defended capital early on.

I like to take liberty if I go warmongering early but Tradition is better as your capital grows as you might know.

Also Standard speed is shit for warfare since you need to strike a balance between tech and unit building; Epic or marathon are better for domination and you get to enjoy your units a bit more.
>>
File: civvy.png (2.17 MB, 1440x810)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>1653648
>Every playthrough I always get stuck building buildings rather than units otherwise I feel you just get left behind in all other ways
You need to build less buildings and more units. Yeah, you're supposed to fall behind in other aspects, it's called game balance and trade-offs. Fortunately, you don't need many social policies to actually conquer shit. The most important one with that one that gets your happiness from courthouses in Autocracy, that means you will get a happiness surplus as you conquer. If you aren't going for a cultural or science victory then you don't need a lot of culture and science.

Also most buildings are either useless or have too minor of an effect to be worth it in a domination victory. Like stables can take 70 turns on quick speed in order to pay themselves off production wise and get a ROI, those turns used to build a stable could instead be used to build units. Same thing with shit like amphitheaters which give very minor culture bonus for quite a bit of early game production when you're likely not going to be able to get many social policies from that culture due to conquest. Monuments are the only culture building worth getting just for border growth. Buildings essential for early game growth and science are worth it however, build your granaries and libraries.

Ideally you should focus science buildings and internal development until you get close to researching the units that are essential for your conquest, then switch over to building units. For example lets say you want to start conquering at crossbowmen. Focus on growth, and build libraries and a national college, then research towards crossbowmen. Start building composite bowmen when you're close to researching crossbowmen so you can just upgrade all your bowmen into xbowmen ASAP. Then just start conquering. Having a lot of units is the key to a domination victory, and you can't build a lot of units if you build buildings instead.
>>
>>1645078
lets go
>>
>>1654347
>Autocracy
Not that anon, but which Ideology is best? I always go with Order because the game says its good for military and science (also I like communism role play)
>>
>>1598582
Vox Populi is better, the only problem imo is having to control too many units because they increased the supply cap, but they are looking at reducing it
>>
File: arnobreker.jpg (30 KB, 400x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1654435
For the most part, ignore the victory suggestions the game lists for each ideology. They're more like upgraded versions of the starter policies.
-Autocracy is essential for domination and is basically Honor 2.0 (except actually good). The only weakness for autocracy is that you will be lacking in science, so don't chose it for a science victory.
-Order is Liberty 2.0, it gives you lots of bonuses for having a large empire, you'll get more out of Order if you have more cities. This is ok-ish for domination victory but you are likely to run into happiness issues and miss out on some of the very strong combat bonuses from Autocracy.
-Freedom is Tradition 2.0, very good with empires that have a few large cities that can work specialist slots. If you aren't working specialists you get nothing from Freedom, but otherwise choosing Freedom will allow you to grow massive cities and get lots of culture and science.

Order is a decent all-rounder so you likely aren't missing out on much by choosing it, but for pure domination there's no reason to not choose Autocracy.
>>
Would a "score victory only" setting serve to remove the degenerate 4-city science rush meta?
>>
>>1595098
>>1595460
>star as Japan, Oda Nobunaga is Shogun!
>archipelago map
>spawn on an island
>be the first nation to have mechas and nukes before the rest enter in the industrial revolution
Life is good.
TENNO HEIKA BANZAI!
>>
>>1654819
Probably not because technology is counted as part of one's score and researching the final tech over and over gives a lot of points.
>>
>>1654871
And if it didn't?
>>
>>1654819
>>1654871
>>1655277
Actually looking at how score is calculated, it seems like most of the score comes from wonders built and then things like cities/land/population. Technology counts for comparatively little compared to those three things combined. So from a pure score perspective, playing wide would be a lot more viable since it generally means more land, cities, and population overall, although you do sometimes get those tall empires that beat out wide empires in terms of land and population. But since it is hard to build wonders when playing wide it might still encourage people to play the 3-4 city meta (if not just staying with 1 city) just to spam wonders. It seems like something that would have to be tested, although checking out some of the saves I have it seems like the warmonger civs usually have the highest score just by virtue of conquering a lot of territory.

The issue with the tradition 4 city meta isn't that it produces more science because a good wide empire can get more science than a tall one if it can grow its cities, even accounting for the science penalty that comes from settling more cities (techs cost +20% more for each city founded, but that increased cost is easily overcome by population growth and science buildings). The problem comes from the limiting happiness mechanics that disincentives settling cities while tradition basically gives free happiness for growing your capital to an absurd degree. So wide empires always struggle with happiness, and thus population, and thus science, while tall empires can grow with barely any negative effects, even if a wide empire has more potential for science.
>>
>>1654819
>degenerate 4-city science rush meta?
Just use a bigger map anon , then you can city spam with ease.

>>1656009
Wide empires in BNW* (More on this later) are only possible with infrastructure and proper city/tile planning, the issue then becomes the focus of your empire if you are going for domination victory or not, and the amount of buildings you need for each new city.

But since you will be expanding you need actual units to stand the DoWs on higher difficulties.

It's an act of balance, for wide empires you need pantheons/religions (Pagodas,Sacred Water,etc) and forward thinking; You can dip into some unhappiness but not for long due to the harsh penalties on hammers/gold.

*BNW removed and nerfed happiness and cultural buildings and replaced them with cultural ones with low yields further damaging Wide play, it also changed the Golden Age starting score and scaling IIRC and added the ideological pressure meaning you need to keep with tourism or else.
>>
Shan't play civslop until they add Hitler.
>>
>>1656325
he is in civ 4
>>
>>1656325
Just mod him in
>>
>>1656187
Having a good religion as a requirement for playing wide is probably why I don’t do it often, I’m not much of a religious player, I find that they don’t always give as much benefit as worth the effort and the early game production used to build a shrine/temple/religious wonders can just be used to build other things that are more worthwhile like settlers and archers. Not to mention that there’s just so much more you need to build with wide play and stacking religious buildings on the build order will only add more delay. At least wide empires do make a lot more faith and spread religion better.
>>
File: 34344333.png (709 KB, 549x646)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
>>1595098
I have tried to get into Civ V after PDX games for 1000 hours, and I don't get it, where is the fun?
>everything is super abstract
>no people who can die
>no rebellions
>fucking hexagons
>only 30 cities per civ
>no economy
>no military
>no characters

I want to like this game,
>>
File: cccc.png (3.5 MB, 1824x1026)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB PNG
>>1659326
>everything is super abstract
That's the point, it's not supposed to like a simulation akin to Paradox games. The Civ series has always been more gamey, with explicit victory conditions. I like both Paradox titles and Civ games but when I want to play a strategy GAME I play Civ V. PDX games never make me think about opportunity-costs and balancing short-term needs vs. long-term benefits in the same way Civ games do on higher difficulties, along with making me actively trying to win instead of just doing whatever because of the open-endedness of PDX games. If you ever wanted to powergame to win in a game with clear victory and loss conditions and have to think about what to do every turn, play Civ on a immortal or deity.

>no rebellions
Just get under -10 (or -20 in vanilla) happiness in Civ 5 and rebels will spawn. It can happen when you don't expect it if you pick an unpopular ideology and don't manage luxury trades, sure rebellions aren't super common but I feel like in PDX games rebels are way too common, it doesn't make sense for 15k liberals to try to overthrow the government every few months in Victoria II even after passing a bunch of reforms.

>fucking hexagons
The geometry of hexagons make them good for tiling in turn-based strategy games because its the simplest shape that has no corner tiles unlike squares. if you go diagonally between square tiles you aren't going equidistant as if you were going to an edge, instead you'll be going sqrt(2x) where x is the length of a side of the square. Yeah its not super immersive but there's a mathematical reason for it.

>only 30 cities per civ
That's not a thing in Civ 5, the max number of cities is how many you can cram on a map

>no economy
>no military
you have to be baiting
>>
>>1659326
Your problem is trying to get into the worst game in the series. Try one not made for braindead zoomers.
>>
>>1659687
still didn't answer
>where is the fun
>>
>>1659775
I did answer that, get some reading comprehension faggot
>>
>1659326
Bait
>>
>>1659781
no you did not
>>
File: 1642473122060.jpg (264 KB, 595x801)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>1595098
>playing anything past Civ IV
shant
>>
why dont' you guys play civ6?
>>
>>1660637
It doesn't have Vox Populi and my god the district system of Civ 6 is awful
>>
>>1660637
you've made all important decisions in the game by turn 30, the rest is just busywork
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 233x216)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1660637
I had to decide which one to buy, I ended up with Civ V because I read it was better balanced.

I also think it's art direction is better than VI's
>>
>>1660637
Bored of it and there's not many major overhaul mods, other than Project 6T off the top of my head, to try out.
>>
I like bribing two civs to declare war on each other, very realistic.
>>
>>1653802
>I need to actively weaken my rivals
And then they are behind over 9000 hills and forests and two rivers and you are basically fucked
>>
Is it just my play-style or is Honor pretty garbage as an opening policy even for early game conquest? One would have to kill an absurd amount of barbarians to get the same culture that Tradition and Liberty get from their opener, the extra productions from building melee units doesn’t account for much since ranged units are much better for war, the bonus experience isn’t worth much either, and that one policy that gives your culture and happiness for having units in a city is like a worse version of the Liberty policy that give happiness for city connections. Not to mention that Liberty gives +1 production in each city which helps with building units. A free Great General is nice but Great Generals come quickly in war. The extra experience doesn’t add up to much. The only Honor policy that is useful and has no substitute are is the finisher which gives gold for killing units which can be used to snowball late-game conquests, but I don’t think that policy is worth the investment. What was Firaxis thinking with making such a garbage opener policy?
>>
>>1595098
So, how epic is late game in V? I assume there is fighting over oil?
>>
>>1665369
I will start wars over uranium and coal since not having nukes and factories suck but oil tends go obsolete as a resource fairly quickly.
>>
>>1665369
Not really. Oil is a super late game resources, and I honestly can't think of a single thing it's even needed for. Founding new cities at the end game is a liability because of the less than 1% increase to your empire's overall efficiency.

Really, you just want to have a decent four cities up by Medieval and pray one of them has coal. If they don't then pivot to winning over the NPC city states.
>>
>>1665435
Oil is pretty good for rushing tanks and bombers which are game-winning units for a domination victory and offshore oil gives a nice production bonus for coastal cities, but you're right that its not really anything worth settling cities or going to war for. It's also nice for battleships which never go obsolete and have nice range and damage.
>>
>>1665369
there is fighting over everything IA gets denounce happy

>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1595098
So, let me this right.
Constantinople is the starting city of Byzantines
Istanbul is the starting city of Ottomans
This makes sense how?
>>
>>1665454
It doesn't but the Byzantines were a DLC civ so they probably weren't giving it too much though. Erdine is the name of the second city the Ottomans can build and Adrianople is the name of the second city the can Byzantines build so it gets even weirder. I guess someone thought it would be funny.
>>
Anyone else tried sapiens mod(s)?
Ive probably have +1000 in civ and 500 in vox populi, but few years ago ive dropped vox because I felt like creator changed to much shit between releses and focus on stupid unimportant shit, like the mod actualy got worse at that time. I tried sapiens mod and its a nice comebacl to civ5. It felt like a mix of vox with some bits of civ6 in civ5 skin. Does vox still suffer from aftermentioned problems?
>>
>>1645078
let's so, I have not played Civ V before
>>
>>1666334

Archipelago, science victory as the Maya... Sounds boring. Let's do it either way.
>>
File: 3433443.jpg (477 KB, 1052x1014)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
>>1666346
weird start, everyone else accessing classical period and stuck ancient
>>
>>1666450
So, I'm behind tech, in ancient period, does this mean dream of scientific victory is over or can I still catch them?
>>
File: 4333.png (42 KB, 646x326)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>1595098
Wait, they removed fascism and didn't replace it with anything? Is this some cuck shit?
>>
File: 1705321058588657.jpg (28 KB, 720x491)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1667175
If you're playing on a harder difficulty you will be behind in tech until you reach like the industrial era. You get a minor research bonus towards technologies that another known player has discovered, and if you have spies they can steal technology from other civs for you, so even if you do fall behind in science it's still very possible to catch up.
Ideally you want to produce your own science for a science victory however. There are several factors that affect science. Population is what produces raw science, along with certain things your population can work, and science buildings further increase your science output from your population.
On the other hand, settling and conquering cities increases the cost of tech. Generally, if those cities grow to enough population and build science buildings, they will produce enough science to overcome to the cost of technology, but if you settle/conquer a bunch of cities and they can't grow or build anything fast enough, you will start to fall behind in science.

So to maximize science you'll want to tend towards fewer cities that grow to have a massive population. The Tradition social policy helps with that. Also, build science buildings, make sure you get the National College especially and build it in a high-population city.
>>
>>1667213
Are you just talking about the name of Fascism for a policy or the effects of the policy itself? Because Lightning Warfare is a policy in the BNW Autocracy tree that is like a better version of vanilla Fascism.
I can see why they removed the name Fascism for brownie points, I suppose they were also trying to make Autocracy represent a broader range of governments like absolute monarchies and generic dictatorships, but there's still some pretty explicit references to Fascism/National Socialism as a whole in BNW Autocracy, i.e. the policies named Third Alternative and Lightning Warfare and the fact that the Autocracy wonder is Prora.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (31 KB, 378x378)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1667213
>Wait, they removed fascism and didn't replace it with anything? Is this some cuck shit?
>>
>>1667538

Shut the fuck up retard this is literally a part of human history and took the world by storm more than commies did over a 20-30 year period forever changing the world
>>
>>1667561
I guess I don't get it all. Inventions are must-modifiers, if fascism was problematic, just rename it to ultra-nationalism or something
>>
>>1667605
Fascism isn't the same as ultra-nationalism, and ultra-nationalism would still be considered problematic.
>>
>>1659775
>>1659875
NTA, but he did.

First answer to your question:
>I like both Paradox titles and Civ games but when I want to play a strategy GAME I play Civ V.
Second answer:
>PDX games never make me think about opportunity-costs and balancing short-term needs vs. long-term benefits in the same way Civ games do on higher difficulties, along with making me actively trying to win instead of just doing whatever because of the open-endedness of PDX games.

Like he said, learn to read.
>>
File: 1850938713.jpg (8 KB, 233x216)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1595098
>reach age of exploration well before other players
>snatch up all the islands
>>
>>1667213
Why would I select an ideology that has always led to ruin in less than a decade?
>>
File: Donald Lenin.jpg (118 KB, 656x669)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>go Order
>get to role play Communist, with Cultural Revolutions and 5 year plans and everything
Reactionaries wouldn't get it
>>
>Archipielago
>Raid all sea routes with subs
Winning is so easy once you reach modern era.
>>
Playing on archipelago/islands maps is basically cheating, even on higher difficulties the AI can't into late-game naval warfare and it doesn't help that the best naval units (subs and cruisers) don't require resources so they can be spammed to an absurd degree.
>>
>>1595098
Russian Viking Origin.
>>
>>1667785
>play only Terra variants with the plan to rush exploration techs and colonize the Barb New World
>get bogged down with medieval wars and one of the AI gets free reign of the seas
>huge AI empire across two continents as the late game challenger
bueno
the fire shall rise, wreckage borther!
>>
>>1656325
hitler germany is one of the most subscribed mods. how can someone play without it?
>>
>>1667785
>Build an island city
>Your entire empire rebels and you lose
>>
>>1667561
It was a short conflict in which Germany hit the administrative and industrial centers of the world's reigning empire, defeated France, and conquered much of central Europe before getting pinched by Russia and America.
You might as well make Hong Xiuquan's flavor of Christianity into a tech.
>>
how the fuck do you manage deity on vox populi
pretty sure the balance is busted and highly rng dependent
I've seen AI civs reach like 30+ techs before turn 90, how the hell do you catch up to that shit?
>>
>>1645078
lets do it again, hopefully this time without the crutch of a mine luxury start.
>>
>>1596679
what woke elements are there in civ 6 kek. if anything you can adopt heckin fash chud tree. civ 5 had just as many foid leaders as 6
>>
>>1645078
You know what fuck it it’s been a while
>>
>>1674085
Rolling for the post below my own for the victory type.
>>
File: start.png (3.6 MB, 1920x1080)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB PNG
>huge map size
>22 civs
>41 city states
>small continents (for a good mix of naval and land warfare)
>low sea level
>king difficulty (i choose this one for a very specific reason)
>marathon game pace
>strategic balance

Off to a great start! I'm sure my empire will prosper.
>>
File: start.png (3.11 MB, 1920x1080)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB PNG
>>1675106
what the fuck was wrong with the screenshot
truly, off to a great start
>>
>no servers on internet
How do you fags play online? Do you have to join compfag discord servers? Is there anyway just to play casual matches with no voice chat with non sweaty players
>>
>>1675239
there are a few steam groups for multiplayer that are still active, look for "Civilization No Quitters". they play with a mod for game balance and have some rules against exploits and leaving the game early. i've never played in the group myself but i used to watch streamers and letsplayers who did

every so often someone will host a game on vanilla civ 5 but the game is basically dead and public lobbies are infested with people who give up after a few dozen turns or abuse exploits and shitty netcode to win. i might host a small lobby myself if some people in this thread show interest
>>
>>1675239
I use playyourdamnturn.com for hotseat games. It's pretty nice for chill games that actually make it to the late-game.
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
finally beat deity
aztecs floating gardens are the most overpowered shit I've seen in the game, I have never been able to grow like that jesus christ
>>
i refuse to play a game that isn't using all my cpus
>>
How do I get this game to actually transfer my mods?
>>
>>1677380
Are they? Isn't it just +2 food production on lake tiles? How is that any better than farms with access to water?
>>
>>1677610
+15% food in general too, it's kind of absurd if you have good food to start with
>>
>>1660637
It looks gay
>>
File: 20240219215832_1.jpg (627 KB, 1920x1080)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
>>1677331
off to a great start
>>
File: 20240219203104_1.jpg (1.25 MB, 2560x1440)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
having shaka and montezuma as direct neighbors is always hilarious on deity
so much war
>>
Give me some fun map settings, playstyles, or challenges to try
>>
I realized vox populi is utter, unbalanced garbage
compare something like fucking Carthage to literally anything else
150 gold on settle scaling with era, exploding your early game expansion
free lighthouses from the get go, meaning you don't even need to hassle with roads and you get free city connections for progress science and food buffs
great cothon is also hilariously strong
and then you have something like ... germany. Oh wow, +1 influence point when I gift a unit, something that'll always be a luxury for immortal and deity
complete fucking trash
>>
>>1681062
>free city connections
do you just have to settle a city on the ocean coast to get this or is there something in game that needs to be set up to benefit?
>>
>>1681062
base game is just as unbalanced, no one is strong like the zulus, with some others domination civs like denmark being a total joke.

>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1681083
you just settle on the coast, that's it lmao and get a free fucking bulding that would take like 10 turns to build in an average production city early game
>>
File: 1673638571729855.png (240 KB, 309x309)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>consider picking isabella
>nah nothing ever spawns'
>dido
>22 turns in
>discovered uluru, kailash, kilimanjaro
>>
>>1665365
I think honor is optimal for the Huns and Mongols. You want logistics ASAP and honor helps you get it faster. And the free khan is amazing for early barb hunting because of the bonus heal. Once you get logistics on a couple units, you've basically won the game. When playing the Huns I open honor, but when playing the Mongols I get the trad opener. Trad opener is just too good.

However, you get much more bang for the buck with honor when playing immortal or deity, because more enemies equals more promotions and money. Honor is practically useless on anything below immortal.
>>
>>1672947
Why the obsession with the biggest loser of german history? His government only lasted for 6 years. The other 6 years were a fight for survival against global empires. He was the last german leader before germany lost sovereignty and before dismemberment. There are great germanic leaders like Arminius, Alaric, Charlemagne who built, not destroyed, germanic empires.
>>
>>1681500
i had a game like that yesterday where I was able to settle fountain of youth, uluru, and lake victoria

usually I'm lucky if I can even settle 1, nevertheless fucking 3 of them
>>
>>1682411
Alaric was a Goth, he wasn't German.
>>
File: latest.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>Would you sign my pact of friendship?
>>
>>1682699
of courshe, it's nice to be able to sell resources for instant 240 gold instead of 210 delivered 7 per turn
>>
File: LuckyStart.jpg (584 KB, 2048x1339)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>tfw jungle start with shaka and ashurbanipal as neighbours
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 178x283)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Que te jodan
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/civilization/images/1/1d/Isabella_HateNo3_%28Civ5%29.ogg/
>>
The problem with Morocco is that I rarely get a desert start, and when I do, it's a shit desert.
>>
>>1595098
I really enjoyed playing Civilization V and I'm tired of pretending otherwise.
>>
I think Civ 5 was designed around small map size. For one, it's the default setting. Also, playing small pangaea, the map is surprisingly less cluttered than standard pangaea. I have more problems with shitty land in standard maps than small maps. 16 city states is just too many and they take up too much land.
>>
>>1673844
The literal who civs that were historically inconsequential and the 50/50 female diversity quota leader roster. Civ 6 is by far the most soulless title in the franchise
>>
>>1673844
the female leaders in civ 5 are at least iconic historically and there aren't that many of them.
>>
we love the king day has ended now your city demands a luxury that there is only one copy in the map.

>>1645078
let's go
>>
File: mapchart.jpg (45 KB, 758x576)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1684934
This chart on the wiki seems to support your theory. Everything past small gets less unhappiness, more expensive tech base costs, and reduced tech/policy costs for settling cities. It seems like they realized that their game balance starts to fall apart on higher map sizes by how much it punishes wide play, so they arbitrarily changed the numbers to accommodate the fact that players will be settling more cities and that more civs in the game means faster tech.

I generally dislike how many city states there are in all map sizes compared to players, but less city states means less free workers so I just leave it on the default.
>>
>>1684934
I get desert starts with desert civs more reliably on small than on standard. I find small plays more smoothly than standard. I think the map scaling is kinda flawed. Firaxis didn't take into consideration too much that civs and city-states expand.

Also, you'd think having a smaller map would hurt liberty/honor play, but not really. Need to first throw away the idea that liberty is only made for wide settling and think of it as designed for wide expanding, whether via settling or conquering, and smaller maps totally benefit conquering. Really easy to do an immortal/deity liberty compbow rush on small.
>>
>become influential over ever civ except China
>buy 3 great musicians
>Wu Zetian won’t give me open borders
>youVILLletmymusicianstour.jpg
>Declare war and escort the band with infantry
>The Chinese suddenly can’t stop jamming to their invaders’ music
>>
>>1685913
liberty is a must have for early game conquering, the only important bonus that doesn't apply conquered cities is the -5% unhappiness which is honestly a very minor benefit and that benefit doesn't even matter until you have at least 20 unhappiness in non-occupied cities. but the worker speed and production are so good for domination, better than most policies on honor actually. i do agree that the map does feel cramped at times but given that the game itself is heavily biased in favor of tall gameplay i don't think its too big of an issue, it also makes expands more contested and leads to war rather than everyone just being isolated and non-confrontational

>>1685952
how are you in the information era with barely any of the map explored? you miss out on so much gold from city states, happiness from natural wonders, and a minor tech cost reduction for each known civ that has that tech. all it takes is one early scout and you can just slowly uncover the map for the rest of the game to get the benefits
>>
>>1685970
I was trying to get the Bollywood achievement, which prevents you from having more than 3 cities. I stopped exploring after meeting the limit
>>
>>1684941
>The literal who civs
and Civ V had Shoshone, Polynesia, Indonesia, among others. Who cares about these places? At least Civ 6 is funny in that I play a literal Nubian queen. It was also funny discovering both Vietnam and the Khmer right beside each other in my game and having to listen to godawful SEAspeak twice in a row
>>
>>1686288
can play*
I'm actually playing the Ethiopian literal who because I was testing if the dlc unlocker worked and clicked on a random dlc civ
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1686288
shoshone is okay because his trait is cool
>>
Any Civ 4 players? Haven't played in years but decided to check out the current meta, and it seems that India and the Native Americans shot way up the tier lists, almost rivaling the traditional god civ, Inca. Really surprising, because the Native Americans were generally considered bottom tier.
>>
>>1687017
weird
dont know why the opinion on sitting bull would change
>>
>>1607796
pantheon and religion depend on your expansion plans. Many small cities, take flat bonus per city. Few large cities take % bonus. For Pantheon I usually take +faith to get a religion in the first place
>>
>>1645078
rolling for a deity game
>>
>>1686983
>be Pedro
>steal a worker from Mongolia
>then steal a worker from China (that is in the other side of the map)
>get joint declared by Poland and Mongolia
>Mongolia doesn't send nothing
>Poland attacks one city with melee units
dem juicy worker wars and getting one worker for each city, give the early game of civ v some fun civ 6 fucked up
>>
I’ve played VP for so long I can’t even talk about vanilla anymore…
>>
>>1596763
Same, god I do long for ai to get good enough that they can actually play by the same rules and be a challenge. And also for complex diplomacy between like 30 different AIs on a giant map.
>>
How do you stand to look at the world view of this game?
Strategic view is way better.
>>
I need to stop being tempted by Petra when I play Morocco/Arabia. Almost impossible to get on immortal or deity...
>>
>>1595098
The Aztecs are fuckin assholes in this game. I need to find a way if I restart a campaign to not include them in the ai civs. Fuck the Aztecs. Fucking savages.
>>
>>1645078
Rollardy
>>
>>1688413
Really Advanced Setup mod.
>>
Do you guys follow any "honor rules" in your games? I never attack city-states just to steal workers because it feels like an exploit. I also never make submarines because the AI doesn't even try to defend itself from those.
>>
>>1688646
i don't play salt starts

>>1645078
rolling
>>
>>1688646
I refuse to do AI war bribes unless it's someone like Shaka with 20 impis already ready to go that I can see
>>
>>1645078
also rerolling for >>1687096
>>
File: 1584894445571.jpg (19 KB, 491x488)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1686288
>Shoshone, Polynesia, Indonesia
>Who cares about these places?
European merchants and colonizers cared quite a lot
>>
>>1645078
>roll image for a specific game
>has reroll or play another game possibility
Why? I wouldn't chose to roll if I didn't want to play what I rolled.
anyways rolling
>>
>>1688646
>I never attack city-states just to steal workers because it feels like an exploit
same, it's so powerful and the consequences are so minor that it just feels cheesy. I also don't take rationalism policies unless I find myself very behind in tech. I avoid submarines too, the way the invisibility works makes it almost impossible for the AI to find them, let alone kill them.
>>
File: 1705033192940546.jpg (285 KB, 708x1000)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>1647675
This post really got me thinking. There are already some "suggestive" leaders like Catherine and Theodora, which while historians dispute these claims, allegedly Catherine died trying to fuck a horse and Theodora was just all around a massive slut. Genghis Khan also allegedly raped a bunch of people.
I can't do art or 3d modeling, I have never modded Civ 5 before, but I do know how to code and probably wouldn't mind making a coomer total overhaul mod for Civ 5 if it was with anime girls and I knew people would play it. If there was some way to do Live2D integration with the Civ 5 engine for leader animations that would be perfect but its probably unnecessary. I know most mods with custom leaders just have a still 2d image for their diplomacy screen, maybe there's a way to add animated images for VN/rpgmaker-like eroge scenes.
I would prefer to just make civs led by fictional anime girl leaders, but if people just want to turn the existing leaders into anime girls I would be fine with that as well. All this assuming it is technically possible and I actually have the time and discipline to follow through. I imagine post-nut clarity really impedes on the development of making coomer games/mods.
>>
>>1689004
After looking into it I found out that there can only be one still image of a leader for each civ, so there's no way to do 2D h-scenes, however changing leader models seems simple enough for anyone with 3d modeling experience, so for 3D coomers there's still hope. Not sure about leader animations however. It also seems fairly easy to replace unit models so one could turn all the units into sexy girls
>>
>>1689004
>>1689022
Fate has a ton of anime girl versions of historical figures, so there's a source of images.
>>
>>1689022
Some dude backported 6 leaders into 5 but I think it required it's own hacked dll so that does limit your potential target audience
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1489892401
>>
>>1689004
>conquer Byzantium
>AI generated scene of my leader fucking Theodora's armpits
I would subscribe
>>
>>1689101
I don't think the technology is there yet.
>>
>>1688646
I am personally too nice with other civs and city states, need to practice unleashing my dark side more.
>>
>>1645078
let's roll
>>
>>1689314
>archipelago/islands, england
sweet, navy goes brr
now for the victory digit
>>
>>1688383
Petra is the biggest honeytrap in the game. It's almost never worth the risk on immortal/deity.
>>
>>1688646
>>1688992
smart city states go granary then archer escort then worker
>>
Immortal is more unpredictable than deity.

On deity:
You can almost always steal 1-2 workers in the first 20 turns.
AIs will wipe out barbs for you.
So less need to defend your cities and can focus on snowballing.
Send caravans to other civs without worrying about your caravan getting raped by a barb. Caravans give waaay more gold and bulbs.
AIs always have extra luxes to trade for, so less happiness problems.
Warlike AIs are way easier to bribe to DOW on another civ, so you can focus on snowballing.

*IF* you know all the tricks/exploits, deity is easier than immortal for certain strats, like a turtling science victory.
>>
>>1688862
yeah exactly. Woah some primitives to use as a source of raw materials. or alternatively, "please just leave this land so we can use it ourselves." really remarkable civilizations that achieved a lot
>>
>>1689792
you can also always trade all your strategics for constant GPT bc the AIs spam out so many units on deity that they need them all the time
>>
File: 20240303212706_1.jpg (675 KB, 2560x1440)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>have to wait an extra 15 turns to win because Washington decided to obliterate Siam, Japan, and a city state halfway through the game

oh yeah, that's why I never try for diplomacy victories
>>
>>1689102
One day. One day soon
>>
>>1684934
I think so too. I like playing Small Pangaea these days. Small is the default in Civ6 as well. I think the devs realized that too many city-states makes the map too congested, because Civ6 reduced the default number of city-states per map. For Small, it went down from 12 city-states in Civ5 to 9 in Civ6. I think 12 is OK, but anything higher is too much, regardless of the map size.

BTW the default map size in Civ4 is standard (7 civs total). Even without city-states, it feels about the same as a Small map in Civ5, because borders expand outwardly on all sides in Civ4 instead of grabbing 1 tile at a time like in the later games.
>>
>>1691192
Pangaea seems like the most balanced map type, it has a coastline and maybe some islands for naval civs but also plenty of space for land civs, so that's probably why its the most fun generally. Pangaea maps are used exclusively for multiplayer games for this reason I suppose. It's crazy how being able to meet all the civs at the start of the game makes the game feel so much better, especially in terms of domination, culture, and diplomatic victory, being arbitrarily delayed from meeting half the civs/city-states on the map because you need a technology that doesn't lead into any important buildings really fucks with those victory conditions.
>>
>>1691209
For sure, pangaea is the best, most balanced map. I want to like continents, because it's good on paper, but I end up restarting a lot because of something stupid map-related, like spawning on a land mass with only 1 other civ, or the land itself being too shitty. I also find it way harder to get a proper desert start with a desert civ on continents than on pangaea.
>>
>>1685952
do i see this correctly
>turn 391, year 1971
>2 cities
??
civ5 is a meme game
>>
>>1691250
Its very clearly 3 cities
>>
>>1691335
ye i wasnt sure which one is him, campaign map i assumed german(red) and on minimap red has 2 cities, not that 3 after 400 turns is an improvement
>>
>>1691368
Literally right below >>1685985
>>
>>1691008
Washington did us all a favor.
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1645078
rool
>>
>>1691555
what the fuck theres no civ 55? these were the worst virginal digits anyone has ever had
>>
>>1691561
no dubs on /v/
>>
>>1645078
I will claim what is mine
>>
File: 1566410298717.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>1690083
You're not getting it. I don't want to just settle empty land with no pushback. I want the challenge of taming an uncivilized land full of feisty women of color.
If there isn't a racially and culturally diverse selection of civilizations, then who am I going to colonize and bleach?
>>
>>1691836
exactly. we are on the same team anon. everyone knows the civs selected for civ games aren't decided by some competition for who accomplished the most. zeg makker
>>
Rate my autismo niche strat
>go carthage
>large map or larger
>go liberty
>take the +2 science per city connection pantheon
>ez free science lets you focus on expanding to 6+ cities early
>grab maritime for extra bonus production and happiness for your cities
Only allowed to found coastal cities btw
>>
>>1691884
Almost forgot
>grab macchu piccu for endless connection gold
>>
>>1691836
Nigger coal.
>>
>>1691603
Sir, we're on /vst/ get on with the times.
Next thing you're going to tell me that generals aren't allowed here
>>
>>1692467
that image is older than you son, if you don't like it make a new one
>>
>>1645078
fuck you >:(
>>
File: F1fBptcakAUVZxH-1.jpg (258 KB, 1634x1595)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>1645078
I build nothing but bombers even in mp, and then when I do play mp I build one fighter and with the AA you always get from every militaristic civ it throws my friends without fail every single time. Rollu.

>>1673844
That they added some fat negress about which we know nothing except that she had a vagina instead of the fucking Mahdi for Sudan is the most blatant affected representation in any video game ever, and they did a second time with Lady Six Sky.

>>1682411
You are a faggot if you don't know that "Germany" is an artificial meme state invented by Bismark to cuck the Habsburgs and France. It shouldn't exist.
>>
>tfw the captured city keeps the factory
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
File: OurBombersRuleTheSeas.jpg (369 KB, 1242x1393)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>1693091
>See barbarians early game
>Order them blasted from the face of the earth with a tactical strike
>>
why do ppl think of liberty as a go-wide policy tree? that goes against the very mechanics of the game. i see liberty more as a conquer a couple neighbors policy tree and afterwards settle down with a bunch of sexy new lands and free wonders-type of policy. use the free settler to bridge the distance between you and an enemy capital. then go conquer it with composite bows. liberty will ALWAYS be superior to tradition for conquest because you can do the pillage-heal trick with pyramids, which is an easy wonder to get. the way i see it

>tradition
make 3-4 cities and turtle and go freedom and do a science, diplo or cultural victory.

>liberty
conquer 2-3 enemy capitals, stop when you have 6-8 cities, then turtle and go order and do any victory type you want

>honor
specialized tree. only use with civs that you can go all-in with their UU like the mongolians. only conquer capitals, raze the rest.
>>
>>1693806
Pick Poland, and just do ALL of them. Be the tallwide abomination you were meant to be.
>>
>>1660637
i've given it multiple tries over the years but I just can't stand the adjacency bonus crap and I despise how the game looks
I have plenty of gripes with 5 too such as how it outright forces you into playing tall a lot of the time unless you play modded maps, but it's still just better
>>
>>1660637
civ and leader traits annoy because so many of them point you to a specific strategy
also fuck religion
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
it is incredible how 6 frigates can fuck any coastal city

>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1693806
going wide (settling only, no conquering) on the highest difficulty really works well with only 1 civ, the shoshone. of course, you could do it with other civs too with save-scumming, but doing it legitimately, consistently and without gimping yourself, you want the shoshone. the key is to settle cities compactly, close to each other, and settle ON luxuries.
>>
>>1693806
i have almost never had an appropriate moment on deity to go liberty, even when going to early war
with how aggressively the AI settles and how shit the base maps are when it comes to luxes it's just hard to pick it. The only time I ever did was when I had a god start with 7 copies of my regional and 5 other luxes so I did 7 cities and then expanded to 9 later because spain was getting blown the fuck out
>>
I rage quit the game every time I'm playing continents and it turns out I got my own little continent. Yeah I could play on pangeas abut it feels like ditching like a third of the game just to avoid bad rng
>>
>>1691250
>NOOOOOOO YOU HAVE TO MAKE 100 CITIES DESPITE REAL LIFE NATIONS BEING DOMINATED BY 1 OR 2, BECAUSE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? YOU JUST HAVE TOO
Back to shit vi you go
>>
>>1697427
the cope defense of a simple mobile game with 2 cities for plebs like him lmao.
play civ3 if you want a real civ.
>>
>>1696310
Liberty warfare is all about pillage-healing. Beeline for the Pyramids.
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1693955
Agendas were a terrible mistake. I prefer the old generic traits from 3 or 4, or even 5 behaviour
>>
>>1697717
>pillage-healing
lmao i played this game for years and never learned it heals your units
>>
>>1645078
retard forgot to put 99 on the Civ part. I'll assume it's a re-roll.
>>
>>1698266
I'm the retard. It means dubs to play another game. So off I go to play something else.
>>
fucking piece of shit game, Kamehameha's ability does not apply to cargo ships
>>
>>1696310
most deity players use cheesy strats like pillage healing, worker baiting, saving promo heals, etc.
>>
>>1698396
>pillage healing

i mean pillage-repair-healing
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1645078
rolling
>>
>>1645078
D:<
>>
>>1687017
>>1687074
Sitting Bull is top tier on deity because he's strong against barbarians, and barbarians are absolutely brutal on deity.
>>
>>1645078
rolling
>>
>>1645078
Rollin’
>>
>>1645078
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin'
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
I know you guys are probably biased towards civ5, but which one would be the best to pick up for someone who has never played civ? I have civ6 and can crack the dlcs, but I don't like the art direction at all. Is there a big difference between IV, V and VI?
>>
>>1704428
if you dont like civ6 graphics then go with 5 its most noob friendly civ game anyway, not like you wont be able to play civ4 later unlike 5/6 which are basically the same its totally different and with texture pack + BUG UI mod still holds up.
>>
File: Image17.jpg (237 KB, 1024x768)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>1704428
Anything before civ5 is pain in the ass to play for people used to QoL improvements of the last two decades. These games are still fun to play but the barrier of entry can be quite tedious to get past.

If you care a lot about aesthetics Civ 5 is certainly the best game. The older games are hideous. You can play them however you want though, while Civ 5's gameplay is very limiting in terms of what's optimal or not.
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1704491
Da fuck are you talking about. Name a single qol.
>>
>>1704428
Civ 6's art style can be sorta salvaged with graphics mods like Civ 5 environmental skin which remove the mobile, play-doh look. As for leaders, there was a now abandoned still-image replacer mod...
But beginner-wise, 5 is best. 4 has a shitton of overhaul mods compared to the later entries though, if you want to give it a try.
>>
>>1704437
I have played so much Civ V that I´m now on 2D board game mode, is this a thing in 6 too?
>>
>>1704428
Civ 5 is the most simple and intuitive. It also has less micromanagement. But often fans of the series find it too simple.
I love it, though.

I'd recommend 5,.
>>
>>1705712
>I´m now on 2D board game mode, is this a thing in 6 too
yeah
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
I'm totally convinced now that Small is the "default" map size and what the game was designed and balanced around.

1) It's the default map size when you load the game for the first time. (Note that the default map size in Civ 4 is Standard, so the default in Civ 5 being small is intentional.)

2) It's the default map size when you reset the settings.

3) Technology costs are normal (100%) on Small but goes up on Standard and higher.

4) At end game, having 5 total diplomats, one for each rival civ, just feels so right, and helps with cultural and diplo.

5) Despite Small being smaller than Standard, the map actually feels less cluttered, because there are less city-states taking up all the land. On Standard I have to re-roll a bunch of times to get desert with Arabia or Morocco, but I get it much more consistently on Small.

6) You're statistically more likely to get a religion.

Science is the only victory type that requires no interaction with the other civs, but the other victory types do require interaction. Having more rival civs makes all victory types, EXCEPT science, more difficult. Having only 5 rival civs seems to hit the sweet spot and makes all the victory types more balanced and viable.
>>
>>1707870
I agree, I think Pangaea is also the best map type to play on as well unless you want a naval-focused game
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1645078
rolling
>>
>>1707870
i always go for small
standard has way too many city states. I wouldn't say that having more civs makes other victories that much harder tho, cultural for example you're always only competing with 1 or maybe 2 others tops, as long as you pump out your musicians you are fine
>>
>>1709455
>unless you want a naval-focused game
I enjoy these.
>>
>>1645078
:>
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
I prefer to only leave the cultural victory, cause every single other mechanic feeds into it. All of science, conquest, religion, diplomacy, will matter when it comes to it.
>>
>>1645078
let's roll
>>
>>1712108
cultural is the most fun imo bc you have to go for wonders
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1684955
The leaders in Civ6 are stylized QTs. The leaders in Civ 5 are ugly ass trannies with severe case of western video game women design.

Seriously. How the fuck can you compare absolute QTs like Victoria, Cleo, and Catherine to the tranny monstrosities of Civ 5?
>>
Cultural victory is quite easy, even on immortal or deity IMO. The most important things are:

1) Always generate faith, even if you miss out on a religion, and go tradition. You want to purchase at least 2-3 great engineers later with faith.

2) Always buy open borders from everyone once you have decent tourism. Familiarize yourself with all mechanics that boost tourism.

3) Save all your great scientists. After you get research labs in all your cities, wait about 10 turns, then bulb them all to get Internet.

4) Delay Radar (for airports) until AFTER Internet. Focus on hotels and broadcast towers instead.

5) Don't delay Hermitage. It's fucking good.

6) Don't bother with Louvre UNLESS you miss out on Uffizi. Get one (preferably Uffizi), not both.

6) Freedom obviously.

Most people hate France, but I fucking love them. The UA bonus applies to culture too, not just tourism. And chateaus are the bomb. B-b-but muh farms. Man, you really don't need to grow THAT tall for a CV.
>>
>>1596644
why don't you ask your fucking advisors
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1715510
All my fucking advisors are good for is fucking and fucking related topics. Sure, there's some fucking tech but I don't want to rush to IoT sex toys so they're less helpful than you might think.
>>
>>1693806
>the pillage-heal trick
*exploit

keep in mind not all of us want to rely on exploits to play.
>>
as far as unique units Keshiks and Camel Archers are so far ahead of Impis it is not even funny
>>
I've been trying all the other games in the civ series and I DESPERATELY want to like them (because the Civ concept itself is absolute kino), but I just can't get into them that much. I guess I just like Civ 5 BNW specifically, not Civ the series itself... 5 just has the perfect balance of micro and macro, and the presentation and aesthetics are sublime. The game design isn't perfect, but it's fucking polished. The other games lack that polish and mechanical sleekness. They have things that are sloppy or needlessly convoluted. More than anything, I guess I'm just not a fan of excessive micromanaging. Just wanted to get this off my chest before I do some uninstalling.That's all.
>>
I love civ v but some shit is just awful
>Playing peacefully
>Make defence pacts
>Guy declares on them
>I am forced into into the war
I understand up to this part
>Get permanent bad modifier for declaring on an ally
Why though? Shouldnt they be at fault since they knew going in we were in a pact?
>>
>>1721896
I am with you. I understand im not a "true civ fan" but i dont care for endless micromanaging if its the same thing. Which ironically is what the army in V is over other civs
>>
I love Zulu War Theme so much, it appears in my dream twice
>>
>>1722188
get out of here you filty backstabber
>>
>>1721896
Civ 5 truly is the pinnacle
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1721896
Civ 5 with all the expansions has the best cohesiveness in the series. Everything works together smoothly. 4 and 6 with all the expansions plays like different things patched together. For example, you can play 4 without ever touching espionage or corporations, and it's not uncommon to accidentally get a domination or cultural victory in 4 without intending to.
>>
>>1722565
well reroling until i had 8 horses was not fun

>>1645078
roll
>>
Saw a boxed copy of Civ5 in a Walmart the other day, caked in a dust from sitting on a shelf for ten years.

still 20 dollars
>>
File: 20240408175236_1.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
i just got ruin cucked by the map generation
>>
>>1724568
Just imagine your paratroopers uncovering those ruins. soul...
>>
>>1691884
Someone please respond to this :(
>>
File: 03248328535.png (250 KB, 807x457)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>1724568
Seems like a FF7 plot point after discovering computers.
>>
>>1724568
Mountains can be good, at the very least you don't have to worry about an attack from that side, and the +50% science bonus from observatories is broken
>>
>>1724681
>your paratrooper discovered advanced weapons
>they're ancient alien plasma rifles
>upgrades to XCOM
would be kino, but it'll probably be barb camps or something
>>
>>1596343
>Dual
>Deity
>Attila
>No city states
>Make other player Venice
And I still got the achievement
>>
>>1596819
>Anything but domination victory
>>
File: th-939138860.jpg (24 KB, 474x394)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1707870
>>1709455
>>1711297
>>
>>1645078
Rollardy
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
File: 1702167387998248.gif (36 KB, 112x112)
36 KB
36 KB GIF
>only want to play on the balanced difficulty, anything else feels wrong
>civ 5 is too easy
>civ 6 is way too easy
>civ 4 is too hard
>>
>>1726594
self-inflicted problem, consider canadian healthcare
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>research factories
>no coal anywhere near your empire
Give me one reason not to just restart right now
>>
>>1727076
Your neighbors probably have coal :)
>>
>>1727076
You don't want to be a lil bitch who escapes from one incconvienence, do uou?

>>1645078
It doesn't have to be modeled or realistic it has to fit well with rest of the game.
>>
>>1726594
civ 4 isn't hard. you just have to play unintuitively. the high level meta to civ 4 is essentially slavery and spam units.

1) stop building buildings. the only essential building is the granary. if you want, barracks, forge and courthouse. maybe a library for a border city (non-creative leader). the rest are unnecessary.

2) never stop pumping out military units. horse units are the best. horse archers (ELEPHANTS if you have them) in the early game and cuirassiers in the mid game. muskets/rifles if they're a UU or they benefit from traits. against protective hill cities, supplement with siege.

3) most of the wonders are shit. hardly any of them are necessary. in fact, if you play an industrious leader, there's a strategy to build them to 99% and then stop, and let an AI build it so you get big money.

4) slavery is king. because slavery is so good, hammers are lower priority in civ 4.

5) conquest is king. this game is ALL about conquest. most games end in the mid game.

6) tech trading is king, but mostly on higher difficulties. don't worry about hitting the tech limit with an AI. you're gonna win in the mid game anyway.

7) cottages are king. spam them. don't worry too much about specializing cities.

8) the inca are THE best civ in the game, NO CONTEST. they're the poland/babylon of civ 4, maybe even stronger.
>>
starting a persia game to celebrate the start of ww3
>>
>>1727076
You wouldn't last a day in Civ3
>>
File: 1596146556628.jpg (94 KB, 1125x1107)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>1660637
>hideous art style (e.g. Stonehenge is an unrecognizable blob of -- something)
>half-baked terrain features (e.g. why do """forests""" look like facial stubble?)
>hex grid is nearly invisible
>why someone as boring as Sean Bean?
>shockingly bad tech blurbs
>dumb leader choices
I honestly don't get the praise. It's objectively a massive leap backwards from V. (Maybe except for the district system, but I never got that far in any game.)
Massive buyer's remorse on this one.
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1727107
sounds like terrible design
>>
>>1727107
THIS is what civ4 nostalgiafags are bemoaning after? Jesus christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>1595098
I played V after so many years of III and my first instinct was the mandatory aggressive settling from original civ's, needless to say I got fucked hard in the ass from unhappy pop's, rebellions and cities leaving, what a shitty mechanic to force tall gameplay
>>
>>1729283
So true, the game should just force you to forward settle everyone as fast as possible without thinking or developing the places you settle. That's a much better game
>>
>>1729283
skill issue

settle on unique luxuries an build notredame and circus maximus
>>
>>1729283
NOOOOOOOO I CAN'T JUST MINDLESSLY SETTLE AND GET INTO IMMEDIATE WAR WITH THE AI IN LESS THAN 10 TURNS, THE GAME IS RUINED AAAAAAAAAAAAA SAVE ME OLD CIV SLOP
>>
civ 3

>buy a technology from an AI
>immediately sell that technology to the other 6 AIs and profit
>>
>>1728541
>shockingly bad tech blurbs
Out of all the things that are wrong with Civ6, this one really pisses me off. Yeah it's ultimately an insignificant detail, but someone deliberately made the choice to have zero inspiring or insightful quotes in the game and just fill everything with mindless one-liners and empty witticism. It's not a matter of a badly executed idea or an unfortunately implemented mechanic, someone took a long hard look at the previous games and said "This isn't Marvel enough, we need more quips in this game!"
>>
>WW2 Equivalent ends on turn 666
What did god mean by this?
>>
>>1645078
rollin
>>
>>1645078
roll
>>
>>1728541
I also don't like how most of the UAs are tied to districts. The civs in Civ 5 have fewer UAs, but the civs actually feel unique.
>>
>>1596644
beeline science techs. That's it, there is no real strategy, just pump population and beeline science
>>
What happened to that 4chan mod?
Was it completed?
I remember a thread some years ago

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.