[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: totalamericanistdeath.jpg (802 KB, 1920x1080)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
aka the GOAT ck2 total conversion
Any news on the ck3 port?
>>
>>1678337
I thought it came out but basically every culture feels the same because of high default equality and they packed the map with so much representation that it kinda destroyed the world building
>>
>>1678356
This. There's like a billion cultures and religions but because they're all heckin' wholesome and Reddit they all feel relatively similar to each other. The CK3 version is on their Discord server.
>>
>>1678337
>best ck2 conversion mod
Lol this shit is vanila trash with gay reddit world building
>>
>>1678337
>Catholic Gothamite America
fukken based
>>
>>1678382
I'm not even trying to be a chud about it. I watched gameplay. It felt like everything was just costumes. There were a couple interesting starts with interesting goals, but the aftermath looked like a return to grey blob.
>>
Im intending to run a Tabletop game in that universe at some point. started drafting up a setting document about it to introduce players to the idea of it.

had to get creative with what we know relatively little about (the time between the event and the first pope at the very least)
it's a 15 page pdf at the moment
https://mega.nz/file/kax2jLAb
ysGYtu5uf9tKgIPc5cfkCsX8FUIBOgoJjDjzlM5LHnk

note: ESL
>>
God I hope new era new world is good
>>
>>1678337
>that tiny America
>that massive OHIO
Ohio chads rise up.
>>
>>1678337
>linwood
Is that the capital of Atlantic county in ATE?
>>
>>1678874
for me it's the small river/lake exclave ohios
>>
>>1678540
I would rather live in the Negro Confederate Empire than in Papist Gigamutt City
>>
>>1680005
Reminder that the Catholic version of the HCC has the Juneteenth flag as it's COA.
>>
>>1678356
Did they really need to add a second Cuban culture called Lucumi that has no gameplay difference from Cuban and only has 3 provinces? Yes!
>>
File: SHUT IT DOWN.png (495 KB, 484x507)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
>>
So what happened to the CK3 mod?
>>
>>1681212
There was a new update that came out on the 18th.
>USA Federal Government is implemented for High Republics, Americanist, and American syncretics who reform the United States.
>Major changes to Governates, more shogunate like! Now hereditary and can have regents, with regent’s power scaling both with the Governator and Emperor of California’s power.
>Governator now joins wars targeting the emperor, they have to protect their investment after all.
>The Man of Destiny mechanics are now implemented! Can you reunite the patria and become a hegemon of the continent to rival Brazil!
>>
>>1681224
Is there a reason why it's not in the workshop?
>>
>>1681225
Not really. Their discord has a bot that replies with "Currently, our mod is not released on steam, and will not be released on steam until we determine the mod is polished enough for a workshop release." whenever someone asks.
>>
Is the CK2 submod made by beaner team already playable?
>>
>>1680940
There is a gameplay difference.
Lucumi has more niggers, and this is important because uhm... erm..
>>
>>1681675
Aguila o Sol is on the steam workshop. It's an okay Mexico and California rework that patches some bugs and unfinished content. The new portraits are fucking hideous though.
>>
>>1681747
>Mexico full of indios and mestizos
>Expects beautiful portraits
>>
>>1681736
If you don't create a unique culture for every population of niggers in the world then you've done a racism
>>
File: meow.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>1678337
Move over, there's a new boss in town
>>
File: canada.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1080)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>1682752
They're also coming after North America now
>>
>>1682753
>200 years before neow
but why
>>
>>1682753
What are those red and white buttons next to the minimap?
>>
>>1682776
One is the Nigerian Empire, NEOW's use of the China mechanic, the other one is custom achievements that no one gives a shit about and wasn't updated it years. Only reason it's there for the America version is that copied the other mod's shit and forgot to remove/change it yet
>>
>>1682778
The Nigerian Empire is hilarious desu
>>
>>1682778
Whatchu laffin at white boy?
>>
>adding America to NEOW
but why.
>>
>>1682753
>Now you have the chance to play reddit novelists in América!!1!
No thx I 'll pass
>>
>>1683047
Don't say that, the lead dev will sperg out on you like when you question his choice to make the Event have an actual canonical reason
>>
>>1678337
>Any news on the ck3 port?
them trying to "represent" every obscure culture ever means no one has any content or flavor at all, they also changed/removed basically all the lore that was left. also enjoy the sideways map chud
>>
Wasn't there an anon who made a version that replace all the things in the CK2 version that the FanFork tossed out? Does anyone know what happened to it
>>
>>1683183
probably rotting in a mediafire somewhere.
>>
>>1683005
It's not getting added to NEOW, it's a spin-off.
>>
>>1683183
https://pastebin.com/B3bUZWrg
This?
>>
>>1683054
The lead dev will sperg out on you for breathing, desu
>>
File: custodite.png (554 KB, 654x483)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>1683047
you wish
>>1683590
wish that retarded irish autist wasn't the only thing keeping the mod alive but it is what it is
>>
>>1683584
That's the changelog, yes. Is it still being worked on, or is there at least a link to the last version of it?
>>
>>1683183
>>1683246
>>1683584
I was gone for a long time and due that inactivity, mega deleted the files from the old link, but I still had the files on my computer, so I just reuploaded them to the old download link and posted it here when I found out about it: >>1667812

I'll repost it here as well:
https://mega.nz/folder/BXkSkTqI#T-wzUI8XX24zK2IPhrKx7A

Just a reminder: It's a submod that was based off of the github version here (I haven't tested it with the latest Steam version yet):
https://github.com/9Kbits/ateff

Not much work was made on Deposed since the last update (Aside from fixing some things that I overlooked last time, like in the Kingdom of Heaven events, but I haven't finished with that yet), I've only recently started modding again, but I've mainly just been working on my own personal mods (Adding new provinces, fixing/adding histories, fixing the AtE anime portraits mod, etc.).
>>
>>1678606
How about you just read A Canticle For Leibowitz instead, you massive faggot?
>>
>>1684042
>(I haven't tested it with the latest Steam version yet)
I've been playing your mod. It works. The only thing that I've noticed being different from the changelog was Gertrude Stoklasa still being married.
>>
>>1684050
Thanks. After looking at the files, I think I might know what's causing that. Can't really test it out myself right now since the steam version isn't downloading for me.
>>
>>1678337
What are some cool chars for a non-amerimutt player with no understanding whatsoever of whatever they tried to do here?
>>
>>1684224
Confederates
>>
>>1678356
>>1678382
I mean, it's from the same team that instantly set Royall dynasty to black portraits and removed the confederacy like CoA of the HCC the moment the original developer abandoned the project. They also did some dumb shit like making one of the muslim rulers to be OP af just because the head developer was a muslim.
Who later on started arguing on plebbit about how Aisha wan't 9 because "the Quran says nothing about it bro therefore it's fabrication"
>>
>>1684255
>one of the muslim rulers to be OP af just because the head developer was a muslim
the lead dev is a Jewish tranny, the muslim dev was just one of the devs but Zakariyah was his donut steel self insert OC that fucked up the timing of the event (the founder of the SoCal Shias is a zoomer) just because he's a Muslim from Orange county and he made up some bs about how it's the most Muslim area in America to justify it (not even true) he left the dev team at some point probably because he's a conservative Muslim working for leftist troons and I think they added that Mormon radicals invade SoCal event to spite him as revenge
>>
File: John the Conqueror CK2.png (601 KB, 551x446)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
>>1684255
CK2 mod
>>
File: Blackwashed.png (360 KB, 544x586)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>1684295
CK3
>>
>>1684255
Funny how it makes sense to de-confederate the South because nobody will remember the Confederacy in the 2600s but there's a bunch of random shit named after irrelevant civil rights activists that most people today don't even give a fuck about.
>>
File: 20220612203116_1.jpg (434 KB, 1366x768)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
What happened to that western spin-off mod? Is it playable now? Or is it still broken dogshit?
>>
>>1684301
The idea of the Confederacy being misremembered as a bunch of wholesome southern christian boys of every colour fighting the Yankee pagan menace was too funny to get rid of.
>>
>>1684298
Aren't most of the starting rulers in CK3 After the End black? George Floyd and the consequences of his death have been a disaster for America.
>>
>>1684376
Most of the events are bugged and SoCal has bureaucratic government for some reason.
>>
>>1684378
Yes. In the CK3 mod the HCC starts out ruled by House Gee and the capital is now Atlanta. They also made the King of the Valley in California a 7ft tall Black guy.
>>
>>1684042
Um, why is this unofficial submod allowed to be posted here? The actual developers of the real mod have called this hate crime a reactionary, bigoted, anti-semitic, islamophobic, and transphobic hissy fit.
>>
>>1684390
>capitalising black
You've been demoralised
>>
>>1684376
It has the best worldbuilding out of every ATEFF related mod. The dude deving it (not the muslim the other guy) is truly a mastermind theologian in that regard.

It's a shame they've been basically ostracized from the main ATE mod because of stupid drama
>>
File: shame.jpg (461 KB, 1600x900)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>cool coat of arm
>starting with awful traits, one poor province and as a vassal to liege of different culture and religion, who is also surrounded by much stronger countries of different faith
What a waste.
>>
>>1684643
What's the story behind this guy being an Indian with a slav surname?
>>
>>1684654
A lot of Indians are fairly mutted and have Euro surnames. I don't know the history of slavs in the new world, but I wouldn't be surprised if Canada had some kind of population of them from the fur trading days. Or it's just random.
>>
>>1684654
He's a reference to a Russian noble related to house Romanov who lived in Canada after the end of the Russian Empire.
>>
>>1684654
Like this anon >>1684713 said. I think the guy's family still lives in Canada, but they're not Indians. So why Indians? Dunno, maybe because it's quirky? I would like to see the thought process of the guy who put this character in, because it feel like it got too much of characterization for such shitty throw-away character
>>
>>1684716
Yeah, the choice of culture is odd at best.
>>
>>1684558
if it still has the stupid muslim self-insert then I ain't playing it
>>
>>1684716
And he only exists to get killed by the other Indian right next to him who has OP stats, claims on his title, and a genius son.
>>
File: George Washington.jpg (764 KB, 2045x1080)
764 KB
764 KB JPG
I can't even beat the Rust Cultists and this bastard conquers an entire kingdom right next to me.
>>
>>1684643
the Imperial Russian coat of arms with the Iroquois symbol in it is genuinely so cool
>>
>>1684935
the self insert is the main character of that mod, I really hate it because I want goofy stuff like Disney worshipers and Scientologists
>>
>>1686013
How Caribbean rastafarian even get there? That's pretty unusual.
>>
>>1686013
>>1686172
It's been 6 years how do people still not know what a child of destiny is, there's a game rule about it for fucks sake
>>
>>1678874
Ohio's actually pretty fun to play. The revelationist raiders are much easier to deal with than the vikings that made me ragequit playing Milwaukee.
>>
>>1686039
a deposed mod for it to remove him would be hysterical, though I assume it would be a huge undertaking to remove all his associated events
>>
File: Franco-Prussian war.png (641 KB, 508x577)
641 KB
641 KB PNG
Amerodeutsch vs Gallomerican
>>
File: Libtards.png (654 KB, 505x581)
654 KB
654 KB PNG
>>1686786
Shit.
>>
>>1684558
what was it's name again?
>>
>>1686789
Hire the zoological society!
>>
>>1678874
>>1686507
The one playthrough I did of this mod was as the Duke of Maumee (since I live in the area he controls at the start) working my way up to an empire. I had half the Great Lakes under my control before I stopped.
There’s a surreal joy at being able to play in places you’ve actually been to and lived in. Do Euros feel like this when they play the base game?
>>
>>1686870
I had the opposite experience. I mostly play as Confederates, Quebecois, and Mexicans even though I’ve never been to any of those locations.
>>
>>1686834
“Just After The End”
>>
>>1684042
The github version seems to be broken unless I'm fucking up the instalation. What exatly does it change again? There was some OCs that it removed ut I forgot what they're called.
>>
>>1687024
Playing Mexicans does sound kinda cool depending on the culture/religion. I like the Sol Invicta one.
>>
>>1686870
Considering one of my favourite regions to play in is the British Isles, yes.
>>
>>1687026
Isn't there another mod of the same name that has everyone start as an OPM survivor "count"?
>>
>>1687264
No, wait, I'm thinking of During the End.
>>
>>1687077
It seems that the github version either breaks or doesn't recognize the submod (since when it works that Muslim OC doesn't dissappear and the Dixie culture doesn't have its old outfits back)
>>
>>1684295
>>1684298
Maybe they just don't have a set dna right now and their ethnicities are random
>>
File: Sob o Anil.png (3.98 MB, 1920x1080)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB PNG
Has anyone else played the South America spin off?
>>
>>1688241
First time I heard of it, and from a sudaca, this just look like provincial borders, no cool goofy alt history
>>
>>1688297
This.
>>
>>1684224
Paul Mahonic of Boston
>>
What is the best Americanist to play as, and should I download the flavor mod for them?
>>
>>1688688
assuming your talking about ck2 the flavor mod was broken last i checked, Mt rushmore is a decent challenge, Texas americanists are pretty fun aswell
>>
>>1688363
agreed, Mahonic New England is very comfy
>>
>>1684224
The nazarene duchess (or countess idk) in Socal is pretty cool. You can convert to a radical heresy and form New California for maximum larp points
>>
>>1688048
This, Royall Descendent is white right now, its not woke shit, its them being fucking lazy
>>
>>1684042
Was the HCC's founder originally black, or was that a change the Fan Fork made like why they changed the CoAs?
>>
>>1688762
yeah it was fan fork. I was part of the dev team when it happened, Surprisingly 9kbits didn't want to do it but got essentially strong armed into supporting it by some of mid level devs
>>
>>1688771
Is there a way to change it back? I've managed to get >>1684042 working by directly swapping out the files in the github version with the files in anon's submod and I'm wondering if I could get a list of lore that got changed for stupid reasons so i can fix it.
>>
>>1688771
Ngl I actually don't mind the HCC's founder being black, it's rather amusing due to playing into the themes of people not really remembering what the confederacy really was. I just imagine the guy being like Uncle Ruckus but in royal robes.
>>
>>1684395
Even chuds need a safespace, you bigotphobe.

>>1687077
>>1687637
I redownloaded both the github version of AtE FF and Deposed to test this out.
It worked for me, so I'm not sure what's going wrong, but I'll give you the steps I followed.

First, if you already have AtE FF in your mod folder (Like the steam version, for example), move it (Both the folder/archive and the .mod file) elsewhere, because the CK2 launcher doesn't distinguish between the steam and github versions if you have both in the mod folder.
Next, in the github link, click the green "Code" button and select "Download ZIP".
Open that zip file, then open the "ateff-master" folder, then extract AtE FF and all the Faces DLC (If you want them) to your mod folder.
For Deposed, download the zip file and extract the contents (There will only be two items, the mod folder and the .mod file) into your mod folder.
Open up the CK2 launcher, go to the mods tab select both AtE FF and Deposed.
Hopefully it works, but let me know either way.

On what Deposed does, the main thing is that it removes most of Zakariyya and his related events and history in California, restores some content involving the HCC (Such as restoring the old CoA and Confederate hats), makes Mormons polygamous again, and it fixes the Kingdom of Heaven events so that it's Nazarene/True Cross as originally intended. There's a bunch of other little things too, but the changelog covers that.

>>1688777
Yeah, you can change it back. I don't know if there's a lore list, but you can download the original AtE 0.9 mod (From before the Fan Fork) and look through those files, which is what I did for Deposed. However, it won't run and will just immediately crash unless you go back to CK2 2.7.

>>1688831
Or like that one Dave Chappelle skit with the blind black white supremacist.
>>
>>1688842
That anon there, I had done that and your submod wasn't registering/removing the Muslim OC and all the other stuff, so I just made a second version of the github version and replaced all the files with the ones from Deposed and it worked.

As for the other stuff I'm not sure where to get the AtE 0.9 build, and unless their's some more egregious bullshit lore changes the commissars decided to make I'm not confident in my modding sense to make some changes I've thought about.
>>
>>1688863
Damn, then I'm not sure why it's not working properly, sorry.
At least your solution works for now.

I believe this is the original AtE github page:
https://github.com/Ofaloaf/postapoc
There's also a mediafire download link I found on the Paradox forum thread:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h7m38gkyj2p0hv0/After+the+End+0.9.zip

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what or how much Fan Fork changed from the original either. Most of what Deposed changes/fixes is from what other anons told me about.
Depending on what you want to change, modding it in might be easier than you think.
What changes were you thinking about making?
>>
>>1688895
yeah, I'm not sure either. Either the map broke or the Muslim OC never disappeared. Thanks for the pages

One thing I was think of was having Americanist religion go into Massachusetts while is still under the control of the Occultists and add in the Kennedy bloodline with it's remaining heirs there. It gives the Occultists something to chew on and the Americanists now have a reason to try and capture Boston/Massachusetts, which should be more important to them considering the whole "Birthplace of the Revolution" that the state is known for. I'd also think of adding in the Rockerfellers and some other American Political Dynasties as well as maybe some Barons who are shout-outs to things like Famlily Guy or The Simpsons for fun. I don't think I'm ready to add any great works though.

I also found this in the character code: it seems that the Royall family is tuskegean culture, but is coded to so it doesn't show up as such in game. Do I just have to change the culture to Southron then?
>>
File: AtE code.png (20 KB, 470x667)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>1688973
Forgot image sorry
>>
What's the best way to reform occultist from a roleplaying perspective?
>>
>>1688973
>>1688982
How did the map break? It's weird since Deposed doesn't really touch the map.

Your changes would mostly involve editing the history files, so they should be fairly easy to mod in. Change a few province's religions, add a few characters, and change some title owners.
The bloodline addition would be a little more complex, but it shouldn't be too hard.
For the Americanist targeting Massachusetts part, you can also increase the crusade target weight of New England so they'll call crusades/interventions on it more often than other regions, though their weight for New England is already pretty high currently. You'd have to look at the atlantica.txt file in common/landed_titles and search for the crusade target weight under k_new_england and increase it. Maybe somewhere between 1000-2000.
I also added a Simpsons reference in my personal mod.

And for changing culture, yes, replace "tuskegean" with "southron" there and the character will appear as a regular Southron character in-game. You shouldn't need to change anything else, aside from editing the rest of the family's culture so it lines up properly.
>>
>>1686039
The beaner mod adds Disney religion
>>
>>1689021
I have no clue how the map broke, it makes no sense and I'm not even sure it was Deposed fault.

Thanks for the info, I'll try working on those things to start out on learning how to mod. I was also wondering this; I manually downloaded the American Flavor mod, do you think it's possible to merge the files with the editied github version, or since it's an older build f the main mod I can just use it normally and it won't break like they said it does on Steam?
>>
>>1689291
*Americanist Flavor mod, my bad
>>
File: nantucket.png (3.12 MB, 1408x994)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
>win holy war
>this random guy gets all the titles despite doing nothing
How?
>>
I'd like a deposed mod for the CK3 version but someone would have to make 3D models of Confederate clothes
>>
>>1689291
It could've also been an incompatibility with another submod, if you had one active. Do you have a screenshot of how broken the map looked?

No problem. You should also check out the Modding page on the CK2 wiki to learn more, it's pretty helpful and will teach you much more than I can. It also has links to various tools/programs that help make modding easier, like Notepad++ (If you get it, also get the ComparePlus plugin so you can better see the differences between two files).

It's possible to merge them, but depending on how outdated the mod is, it can overwrite newer parts of the main mod and break things. Instead, it would probably be better to edit the Americanist Flavor mod yourself with the edits/suggestions in comments on the mod's Steam page and run it as a submod, for now.
Later, once you're more confident, you can use the ComparePlus plugin to compare the files of the main mod and the submod and manually copy the submod's additions to the main mod's files.

>>1689506
That would be cool, but unfortunately, I have no 3D modeling experience.
>>
>>1689506
The fact you need a 3d modeller to mod ck3 is something that ironically, serves as a boundary to entry in making mods, which is something they advertise as easy.
>>
>>1689544
They should've just had 2d dynamic portraits
>>
>>1689341
Reparations are still being paid
>>
>>1689267
Beaner mod?
>>
This mod makes me thankful for that TW Medieval II mod where the human faction is the KKK as a medieval army and their rebels are blm protestors
>>
>>1689635
Aguila o Sol
https://github.com/MrBadaniel/Aguila-o-Sol
>>
>>1690108
Redpill me on it, is it good?
>>
>>1690171
It reworks Mexico, Central America, and California, patches Cristo Rey and other Mexican religions that were unfinished, adds more detail to the Yucatan, fixes the Zakariyya event chain, adds a new event chain for Justo Armas, and a lot of smaller changes to stuff like dynasty COAs and title history. I'd start by playing as Justo Armas because his Hapsburg restoration event chain is pretty fleshed out and has some interesting results like your Catholic allies abolishing the Mexican Empire and creating a new Latin Empire in it's place, which is a 4th Crusade reference.
>>
>>1690226
>fixes the Zakariyya event chain,
As in gets rid of it like Deposed does?
>>
>>1678337
What the hell is the federation of labor?
>>
>>1689506
unironically get the guy who commissions all the pregnant confederate anne frank art to pay a 3D modeler
>>
>>1689894
damn had no idea Thera went that hard
>>1690346
nay. I actually tried to see if it worked with Deposed but naturally there are conflicts with what they've changed in California
>>
>>1692554
>>1690346
They've stated they won't remove any content even if they don't agree with it like the Texan High Queen, Muslim Power Fantasy and Jewmod parts of it. Even falling start they repurposed it as an area 52/alien religion instead.
>>
>>1692604
>Texan High Queen
What
>>
>>1692604
>Texan High Queen
>Jewmod
>falling start
Elaborate, is there more shit i need to try and get rid of?
>>
>>1690226
your Catholic allies abolishing the Mexican Empire and creating a new Latin Empire in it's place, which is a 4th Crusade reference.
So now there can be two of those then, huh? Given that catholics can also get the 4th crusade equivalent for the HCC.
>>
>>1692649
The creation of the Latin Empire is one of the outcomes of the Justo Armas event chain, though. You have the option to keep your current religion, become cristero or embrace conclavism, which is how the beaners renamed ATEFF catholicism
>>
>>1692625
Texan High Queen is a forker addition where one of the devs (a gay texan dude) made him a self insert as the Texan High Queen, a lesbian americanist.
>>
>>1692625
>>1692691
Is that character really a self-insert?
If you guys want, I can remove her in the next Deposed update. If you have any suggestions, I can replace her with someone more fitting or just leave it blank.
On that note, is there anything else you guys want added to Deposed?
>>
>>1692691
accurate to T*x*s desu
>>
>>1692779
She isn’t Latinx tho.
>>
>>1692752
Replace her with Americanist character who's a Bush or Dubya expy, that'll fit right in for Texas.

There's a Neo-Gnostic mod that's outdated on Steam that might be a interesting to pick up and add to it so formalizing the religion as a new goal to set when you play.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1997539426

Also, some of the events, decisions, and traits from the Americanist Flavor mod seem cool and would be good to add without being too disruptive, like the Inaugural decision and choosing a parton President. Forget the law and government changes though, they're way too game changing and break shit from what I've tested.
>>
>>1692625
Aguila o Sol replaced Fallingstar with the Moravian Church and changed Fallingstar to a UFO Alien worship cult rather than a Christianity sect that believes an Angel prevented the apocalypse as it fell from the sky by convincing God to show humanity mercy.
>>
>>1692870
*choosing a patron President
>>
>>1692752
Scientology. That's it, you don't even have to do flavor, it's just baffling that nobody has added Hollywood's major religion yet for some reason, it's perfect for the mod.
>>
>>1688297
What would be some interesting concepts for medieval South America? The only lore that the mod has so far is Catholics failed to conquer Buenos Aires from Peronist Deists and Sao Paulo almost got conquered by Minas Gerais.
>>
Is Hamiltonian broken or is there something specific that you need to do to unlock the implied powers? I thought that it’s like Jeffersonian where you can just pick a trait by decision.
>>
>>1692874
>it's just baffling
if I recall correctly it was some cope about not wanting to be sued by scientology
>>
>>1692752
Compatibility with beaner mod.

>>1692973
These people really have a persecution/grandeur complex.
>>
>>1692752
Tbh it is more like his power fantasy. His real self insert is the Maverick character in Texas. His husband was also added in. I don't know why he made himself a woman though. AFAIK he hasn't trooned out
>>
>>1693339
He's probably planning too I would guess.
>>
>>1692874
The Cetic religion incorporated Scientology into itself.
>>
>>1693372
That's fucking retarded, at least have it be a heresy or some shit, it's one of California's most famous weird religion, relegating it to a footnote is pretty dumb.
>>
>>1692752
Replace it with another person, the high king shit is the only flavor Texas has going for it, just know there are like 10-15 events that reference the high Queen and I don't think there all in the same folder so you might have to hunt a bit
>>
>>1692752
Make something out of the protestant latinos in irl,
in the map they look like they're jack shit.

Also the iberian struggle mechanics suck ass dont add them
>>
>>1693915
>they're jackshit
Wdym?
>>
>>1693915
We're talking about the CK2 version anon, no one actually plays the CK3 one.
>>
File: BASED DEPARTMENT.png (26 KB, 150x87)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Based and sufferingpilled
>>
File: n'yrk.png (12 KB, 310x550)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>
>>1694476
el ogro de nueva york.......
>>
>>1694476
Thinking about what an actually mixed ogro de nueva york would look like after 500 years of neomedievalism would be interesting instead of diversity still for so long somehow. this is why we must teach AI race science.
>>
>>1692752
Bring back the libertarian in the palisades county.
Take some of the fixes from the JOGeran mod. Make a git so more people can contribute.
>>
>>1689506
Wait hold on I just had an idea

Does Victoria 3 have confederate clothes?
If so we can just take them from here and use them for the mod.
>>
>>1691879
rust cultist holy order
>>
>>1692879
Check Rondonia, theres some weird evangelicals ruling there

weirder than what the pastor dickriders already are
>>
>>1692752
I guess if it hasn't been added yet it would be nice to re add the mechanicus stuff into the rust cult or make it a heresy and make base rust and chrome cults interesting as well and perhaps giving the norsemen an equivalent to ck3 varangian adventures or wtwsms migratory invasions
>>
>>1692870
What about a character that's a mix between Dubya, Walker Texas Ranger and Cotton/Hank Hill?
George Walker Hill, or maybe something not as obvious. It helps that Dubya's middle name is actually Walker.
Maybe he should be given living descendants somewhere around Houston?

I'll take a look at both the Neo-Gnostic and Americanist Flavor mods. No promises, though.

>>1692874
>>1693372
I've wanted to add Scientology to Deposed for awhile, actually. Though it'll probably just be an empty religion (At least at first).

How much of Scientology is a part of Cetic anyway? Is it just the mention of Hubbard in the description or is there more?

>>1693022
I'll look into it, but no promises. I'm not sure how big of a task that might turn out to be.

>>1693724
Thanks for the heads up, anon. I thought it was going to be just a simple character swap.

>>1693915
Like the other anons said, this is for CK2. Not sure if/when there'll be a Deposed mod for CK3.

>>1694710
I looked at the old Pre-FF AtE files, but I only found a Charismatic character in Palisades. Do you know when that Libertarian character was added/removed?
JOGeran mod?
How should I go about making a git? Just make a fork from AtE FF? I'm worried that Deposed might get shut down if I go that route, though I think I'm just being paranoid.

>>1698242
Yes, the Mechanicus stuff should be added back in, though I'm not sure in what way either. I would want more input on this before I start on it.
Do you know when they removed it? Because I can't find any mention of it in the old pre-FF AtE files I have.

For the Norse part, I have to admit I haven't played WTWSMS yet so I'm not sure how those invasions work. Same with the CK3 Varangian Adventures.
Do they work like the Magyar invasion in the base game?
>>
>>1699034
Foe the mechanicus stuff idk when they removed it but I'm certain it was added in fan fork before being removed, but for ck3 varangian adventures you go to war for a duchy and if you win you get it and abandon the holdings you had before winning the war and wtwsms migratory invasions are similar but instead of being for a duchy it's sort of an invasion and idk how the Magyar invasion cb works to say if they're the same as that.
>>
>>1699034
>JOGeran mod?
it's a more recent mod a guy named after himself that's available on the CK2 submods portion of the AtE discord. I've never tried it but supposedly it includes a lot of bug fixes, as well as many other additions he made
>the Mechanicus stuff
I thought it was cringe and taking it out was one of the few good things fan forkers did, but then again I don't care about warhammer at all personally. It always reminded me of the kind of stuff in the Old World mod, like all the meme novelist LOTR references (and even those are more tenuously related to europe than Warhammer is to the rust belt)
>>
>>1683590
There's a different lead now. New one is also a tranny but much cooler.

>>1684558
Most of the dev team from the first couple years of CK3 development is gone now due to drama. As a result, there may actually be a release in the foreseeable future.

>How much of Scientology is a part of Cetic anyway? Is it just the mention of Hubbard in the description or is there more?
That's basically it. The scientology component was added early but was never really built on. At most there are a few minor text references.
>>
Eh, After the End is alright.
1) Still monstrously unstable (literally worse than AGOT and even ATLA now)
2) Bloated with useless bullshit like dead-end cultures, massive maps with no flavor (enjoy that Colombia play-through bro), and no end-game content after forming America
3) Cultural Empire disintegration is mandatory and prevents the mod from running with other mods (e.g. the one mod that lets you be landless)

Basically, the "new team" found a dead mod, stole it, slapped their name on it, raped it, and now pump it full of tranny shit. They kind of finished the initial vision, which I respect, but not very well. They did the bare minimum necessary and made it way harder for themselves than they needed to by adding Venezuela and shit.
>>
>>1686663
No, I bet it would be comically easy to turn him into a weak dwarf or something. I think keeping the events is fine as long as his character is nerfed and his meme friends get removed.
>>1684935
Every time I play in California, I eat that guy and his family for traits LOL
>>
>>1699125
Even better, add zoroastrianism give zaq's duchy to a zoroastrian as well as make all the Iranian Californians them and leave zaq as a weak ass count
>>
>>1699153
>>1699125
>>1686663

The only real answer is to make him an ugly, retarded, inbred landless courier somewhere..
>>
>>1693374
This. Ceticism has Jesus and Muhammed as Gurus but there's still Christianity and Islam in California.
>>
>>1694476
Gotham should have Black Hebrew Israelites.
>>
>>1699153
>make all the Iranian Californians them
oh yeah speaking of which, does JATE still keep the "Tehrangelo" thing and lump armenians into it, or do they actually have a separate armenian culture now?
If I can armo larp and spread my Zankou dynasty then I will play your mod.
>>
>>1700854
I never played JATE
>>
>>1684042
I remember when this was first released and the Georgia Guidestones were restored in-game before being destroyed in real life a few days later
>>
>>1688831
I also think it's hilarious and great that the founder is black.
>>1688771
Did they actually change it, though, or was it just random? For a very long time, the original devs insisted on lazily using randomized DNA for major characters like the starting president.
>>
>>1701405
yeah that shit was wild, I think it was a forker tranny who blew them up desu
>>
>>1688831
I also don't mind the HCC founder being black.
>>
>>1700854
There's no Armenian culture in JATE but there are Tehrangelo characters with the Armenian church as their religion.
>>
>>1692879
I have some ideas for Chile.

Chile could have a cult around the Holy Grail (from Calera de Tango) near Santiago.

Chiloé could have a witch-centered government (it was like this in OTL), when the Secret Magical Society called 'La Mayoría' was executed in 1880.

Near Punta Arenas you could have a Kwányip cult, or a Giant cult, considering indigenous people are over 7 feet on average over there.

There could also be some people on the south trying to find Trapalanda or the Friendship Island.

Mapuches could also get their own personal flavor.

Some ideas.
>>
File: 1708821991895650.png (1.24 MB, 1024x1365)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>1702708
could also have another witch government in Salamanca
Huasos control Rancagua to Talca, lead by someone called Bartolo Lara with Pedro Urdemales as his second in command
mapuches control all of the region of La Araucania and maybe Concepcion
german chileans control Valdivia to Osorno, maybe have them follow Miguel Serrano's esoteric hitlerism for the fun of it, otherwise I feel like Miguel Serrano should be included somewhere
warlocks of chiloe hold the entire island and both Puerto Montt and Puerto Varas
>>
this makes me want to boot up ATE CK3 to see what they did with Chile, I've never had a reason to look down that far south before
>>
>>1703437
I didn't actually check the ck2 mod before making my suggestions
some of the references are pretty cool or nice, but others I genuinely don't get and that's coming from a chilean, I wrote up what I think is cool but I'm not sure if anyone's interested in reading it
>>
>>1703595
Post it
>>
>>1703670
long greentext incoming
>I like that the house controlling Atamaca has the Codelco logo as CoA, not sure if their name or their vassals are referencing something
>I like the Luksics controlling Antofagasta and the Recabarren family reference is nice too
>I feel like Copiapo, Vallenar and Huasco are just generic surnames without any real lore
>house controlling Coquimbo having the Coquimbo Unido FC as CoA is neat but I don't know if they have any other lore
>I have the same feeling with Ovalle, Monte Patria, Los Vilos and Illapel
>seems like the Guerras and Figeroas are referencing something but I'm not sure what
>surprised the Alessandris don't have a higher ranking
>Valdivieso family is alright but I feel like the kings of chile would have a more important or well known name as a reference, not sure why the king is married to an argentinian from so far away, should be from Mendoza or San Juan or just a chilean
>not sure if Ñuble's houses are referencing something or are just generic
>never thought the mapuches would have the Catrillanca name, I thought they would have a more generic name, I like that they have a bit of lore and a bloodline, not a fan of the CoA though
>I think Valdivia, Osorno and Puerto Montt should be united, specially if the mapuches united before in the lore
>absolutely hate the Saavedra reference, it totally should be warlocks controlling the island instead
>never heard of Pedro Ñancupel until now, pretty cool reference
>I like the kawesqar and selk'nam having their own counties but at the same time I feel like it may not be very possible even in alt his due to those ethnicites being almost extinct IRL, I think it may be more interesting/funnier if it's brits or germans or croats having a mother of that ethnicity or straight up just larping as them
I should probably join their discord and ask there
>>
>>1684295
The voodoo religion is useless horseshit.
>>
>>1704086
I like to convert to Ursuline when they eventually crusade for Louisiana. My headcanon is that the Cajuns would see the Quebecois as a civilized brother nation compared to the Catholics that border them.
>>
>>1704086
At least they have zombis and allow for some kind of diplomacy between the mainland and the caribbean. Religions like pelagic and the mexican religions that got added in 1.2 were way more pointless.
>>
>>1704183
Yeah some more stuff for all of them is really needed
>>
>>1704762
Or, in the case of the mexican religions, they should just be cut entirely. Mexico's religious setup was good pre 1.2, Sacred Heart vs Neo-Aztecs was all the region needed. If anything Sol Invicto should have been axed, since having a second neo-aztec religion was superfluous. But instead they added more religions for no good reason. Critso Rey was the only one that actually could have been interesting, since it had a distinct role, presence, and aesthetic, but we all know how that turned out
>>
What happens when a society runs out of members? I'm the chairman of the Bohemian Grove in JATE and I keep failing to recruit new members.
>>
>>1703710
wait this is CK3 or the CK2 sob o anil mod?
>>
>>1705909
it's CK2 sob o anil, I don't have ck3 nor would I be interested in it anyways
>>
>>1706006
fuck it im gonna post the ck3 setup here for lulz
>>
>>1706031
But Anon never delivered...
>>
>>1706546
be patient sir surely you will get the setup
>>
>>1705513
Invite a few quick/genius/intrigue characters, once they're next to inherit leave the society and let them take control
>>
File: realmview.png (2.73 MB, 1210x1353)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>1706546
>>1706672
finally delivering for the chileanons, here's realm view
>>
File: cultureview.png (3.59 MB, 1645x1361)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB PNG
>>1707580
culture view
>>
File: religionview.png (3.87 MB, 1810x1336)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB PNG
>>1707585
religion view (thankfully chile has a lot less religiongore than the messes in other places like brazil)
>>
File: religions.png (3.27 MB, 1797x1322)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>1707589
religion descriptions besides syncero. looks like you've got the local catholic variety, a syncretic bruja catholic one, indigenous mapuche religion, and an astronomy based one
>>
File: Syncero.png (3.47 MB, 1701x1286)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB PNG
>>1707589
>>1707597
and the meme syncero religion. apparently it's some nutty socialistwank based on this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cybersyn
>>
>>1699153
>add zoroastrianism give zaq's duchy to a zoroastrian
>leave zaq as a weak ass count
didn't realize this is actually what they did in CK3 ATE lmao, I can only imagine it was done for some inside joke infighting reasons because I can't imagine why else the "Southland" duchy containing LA and OC would be ruled by a fucking Zoroastrian of all things.
>>
File: chilecultures.png (3.83 MB, 1920x1080)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB PNG
>>1707580
>>1707585
>>1707589
>>1707597
>>1707607
thanks for sharing anon
cultures seem to be similar to the ck2 version
shame there's no Santa Diablada rep in chile like the ck2 version does but the rest of the religions are the same
I've never heard of project Synco/Cybersyn before, reminds me of the wackier religions in North America
also it seems that Santiago and Chile are separated which is weird, I liked that Santiago create the Kingdom of Chile and also I thought the Luksics ruling over Atacama made sense, I don't know why some random rules it now unless it's just a placeholder
by the way I kinda wanted to make my own spin on the Chile lore and wrote up some things and now I'm going to try to mod them in
>>
Ck3 mod is on the workshop
>>
>>1707864
wonder how many game breaking bugs it released with
>>
File: SourLips.png (16 KB, 495x900)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>1707864
THERES SO MANY HECKIN WHOLESOME CULTURES AND RELIGIONS!!! THIS DESERVES TO GET 5 STARS ON STEAM!1!!
4CHAN, ASSEMBLE!
>>
>>1707864
>>1707984
The vast majority have homosexuality either shunned or criminalized. Perhaps the chuds were exaggerating things yet again?
>>
File: house tirana.png (791 KB, 549x766)
791 KB
791 KB PNG
>>1707673
I made a CoA for a new house in Atacama, I also want to change the ruling house's (house Vega, which I want to rename to house Almagro) CoA from the Codelco logo to a more religious one, I want to use Saint Michael but I can't find a good .svg
the codelco logo would be reused for a mercenary group called the knights of copper (caballeros del cobre)
>>
File: 31466 - SoyBooru.png (88 KB, 645x970)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>1707984
>THERES SO MANY HECKIN POZZED CULTURES AND RELIGIONS!!! THIS DESERVES TO GET 1 STAR ON STEAM!1!!! 4CHAN, ASSEMBLE!
>>
What should I make the tenets for reformed Behemothist?
>>
>>1708096
>soibooru filename
>>
What's the best way to experience AtE now? The CK3 workshop mod, the CK2 workshop mod or some other download?
>>
>>1708668
Ck2 with beaner mod
>>
I wonder how hard it would be to just batch edit the mod files to make every nigger into another race
>>
>>1708981
depends how they implemented cultural diversity, but either way the answer is "not hard"
>>
File: download.gif (602 KB, 256x256)
602 KB
602 KB GIF
How after the end came to be
>Guy makes America mod for CK2
>A Jew coder (9kbits, literally Israeli-american) makes a submod that adds judaism to ATE
>Original creator abandons the mod's development
>9kbits takes over OG mod calling it 'fan fork'
>Turns it into a multicultural, multiracial shitfest even adding back Islam and more POC characters (even if Consumerism was supposed to be the replacement for Islam, fundamentalist and temporal.)
>Years later
>9kbits troons out with an announcement on his mod's reddit, blogposting about how now he goes by 'June', was inspired by Elliot Page, and calls out the UK government for blocking puberty blockers
>People call out how useless and out of topic the announcement was, which leads to a banwave
>2023
>'June' left the mod, and is at the bottom of the list for the 'former' developers
>Pic related is this mod's audience

The jokes write themselves.
I am pretty sure that once the average CK3 player gets around trying this out, they'll grow tired of the following and notice how:
>The characters are disproportionately black and asian, and interracial relationships are shoehorned in. The only white ruler in the 'Holy Columbian Federation' is a shitty count. Basically every major non-random house has had interracial marriages in the past.
>Compared to Vanilla there are no pure-white rulers of the HCF anymore, only blacks and asians
>The ONLY Ursuline character in Lousiana is a fucking Vietnamese of the house NGUYEN (you can just tell how smug they must have been adding this in on purpose). LIke, what the fuck, six hundred years have left the asians completely un-assimilated? I have yet to find an interracial black asian in the mod.
>There is a decision, no matter what your religion's stances on homosexuality are, to QUESTION YOUR GENDER IDENTITY, and it gives you a funny nickname, (I sure wonder who was behind this decision!)

It's gonna be fun when Valve takes down the first 'Fan Fork' of the fan fork mod :)
>>
File: Screenshot_322.png (18 KB, 644x52)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>1709125
Wrong pic because I'm a retard
>>
>>1709125
how hard would it be to either keep working on the deposed version or make a new fanfork
>>
>>1709125
Why even have defined ethnicities existing if we're going full on le everybody mixed? Why not have every culture be Melungeon tier?
>>
>>1709125
>The characters are disproportionately black and asian, and interracial relationships are shoehorned in. The only white ruler in the 'Holy Columbian Federation' is a shitty count. Basically every major non-random house has had interracial marriages in the past.
>Compared to Vanilla there are no pure-white rulers of the HCF anymore, only blacks and asians
>The ONLY Ursuline character in Lousiana is a fucking Vietnamese of the house NGUYEN (you can just tell how smug they must have been adding this in on purpose). LIke, what the fuck, six hundred years have left the asians completely un-assimilated? I have yet to find an interracial black asian in the mod.
It's a mod set in America, of course it's going to be diverse. If anything the diversity is weirdly lacking in some places, I haven't seen a single latino north of Texas despite them being a significant minority (often larger than black people) in nearly every state at this point.

There is a weird lack of racism though, but I'm not sure how you'd really model that in CK3. Either way it is quite silly that they turned the Deep South away from Confederate larp when that's basically the primary cultural pillar of the region. It's hard to believe that e.g. New Englanders still remember the Mayflower and the pilgrims when the Deep South has seemingly completely forgotten its most defining characteristics. I don't even mind the HCC existing but there should absolutely be some lore about them fighting with the Klan or Neo-confederacy or something. You can write that the South has overcome racism but the current setup just makes it look like racism never existed to begin with.

>There is a decision, no matter what your religion's stances on homosexuality are, to QUESTION YOUR GENDER IDENTITY, and it gives you a funny nickname, (I sure wonder who was behind this decision!)
I haven't seen this, was it removed?
>>
>americans are so mindbroken by the mutt meme they make every ruler black
I'm sorry bros, I didn't want it to end up like this.
>>
File: Koreans.png (1.28 MB, 1192x782)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>1709256
>It's a mod set in America, of course it's going to be diverse. If anything the diversity is weirdly lacking in some places
It's a post apocalyptic USA. The areas where most nonwhites live (urban areas) are going to be disproportionately affected by a breakdown in logistics. An apocalyptic event will not "overcome" racism, it will only exacerbate it. Look at Katrina or other recent events where public safety broke down and people were for the most part on their own. A common factor are the formation of armed, nearly racially homogenous groups defending territory with deadly force. This happened despite these people knowing for a fact that order would be restored. I can see the southwest being controlled by Hispanics, but the northerly ones will likely go back to areas where they are dominant. A large number have immediate family in other places and the reason they actually moved to those areas will have disappeared. People who move to a richer area to make money won't stick around once that dries up. Blacks and Whites don't have anywhere to run to.
>>
>>1709268
AtE is set hundreds of years after the apocalypse, society has been totally rebuilt. Race gangs forming in the immediate aftermath of something like Katrina is not a good example.
>>
Opening the CK3 version for the first time since the Beta and how has this shit gotten even worse with religions and cultures. It's like the dev team was incapable of saying "no" to anyone whinging about how their backwater county deserves its own super special culture or religion. The definition of wide as an ocean deep as a puddle.
>>
>>1686870
>Do Euros feel like this when they play the base game?
i felt absolutely horrible playing vicky 2 as a kid and watching the pop numbers of my county fall due to war.
>>
>>1678337
Still sad that the mod got fucked by removing the neo-confederates.
If the CK 3 version is even worse on this, than I am never going to play this version.
Sucks that this is the main way most people will expereince ATE now.
>>
File: SweetSoyjak.png (24 KB, 449x679)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>1709125
I hope someone makes a 'chud patch'. The lack of neo-confederacy and literal great replacement in the south is pretty retarded. Imagine constitutionalists but worship Lee or some shit, mfs cant see potential depth if it hit them in the face.
>>
Aguila o Sol has broken portraits for me. Is there an alternative download to the workshop?
>>
>>1709136
Not that hard. I've been working on my own personal fork for the past month, and its not that difficult to make the confederate founder white, or to give the confederates their old flag, or to remove gay marriage, or most anything else. The real problem is most anons are lazy, despite all the complaining in this thread almost nobody wants to put the work in to actually depoz the mod or whatever.
>>
>>1709457
Keep in mind you could be sharing space with hidden redditors and worse.
>>
>>1709441
There’s a download link in their discord.
>>
>>1709457
TRVTH NVKE!
>>
I thought anons were joking when they said every HCC character is Black now.
>>
Why’s the Muslim character in NYC a White woman?
>>
Californian Emperor is AfroLatino
>>
>>1709519
Iiraw.
>>
>>1709463
Invite?
>>
>>1709511
There's been 600 years of racemixing, what do you expect?
>>
>>1709457
the Confederate founder being a black guy is funny though.
>>
>>1709719
It would be funny if it was there originally, and actually intended as a joke instead of a serious attempt to stop muh white supremacists from playing as the HCC. Not to mention it also came along with all the other gay shit they were doing to the HCC. Flag went from stars and bars to a generic eagle, civil war headgear was removed, the merc company went from knights of the golden circle to freedom riders, etc.
>>
>>1709693
But house Royall is White for some reason. At least in my game.
>>
>>1709719
I like the Americanist president being Black too. I used to call him Obama.
>>
>>1684047
as per Anon's suggestion, I've gotten to reading a Canticle for Leibowitz. It's particularly good and I love it.

I however have also made a map of the Kingdom the players are gonna start in, which is on the brink of a succession crisis (King Guy is likely to die without heirs/before the heirs come to majority, and his brother is a failson per definition)
>>
>>1692752
>>1709457
do either of you need any help in regards of history files? I'm willing to help
>>
Still considering learning modding to make greek sponging pirates on the west coast of Florida. Would be more realistic than muslim shriners anyway.
>>
>>1709693
>post apocalypse
>race mixing
Lmao you should expect pre-existing communities to become far more insular and suspicious of anyone they consider as part of an out-group. Modernist ideas of extreme tolerance towards every type of outsider have a lot of upkeep in the form of law enforcement, propaganda in schooling, and propaganda in the media. Most of that requires a pretty complex and driven state to implement.
>>
>>1709984
>Lmao you should expect pre-existing communities to become far more insular and suspicious of anyone they consider as part of an out-group.
Why?
> Modernist ideas of extreme tolerance towards every type of outsider have a lot of upkeep in the form of law enforcement, propaganda in schooling, and propaganda in the media.
They aren't outsiders.
>>
>>1710064
it's clear >>1709984 is forming a lynch mob the moment the light flickers to turn Aztlantis, NM into his very own ethnostate.
>>
>>1710064
>Why?
Prisoners’ dilemma
>>
>>1710064
>THEY AREN'T OUTSIDERS!
why are white people like this
>>
>>1710846
I don't think you know what prisoner's dilemma is.
>>1710963
They've lived in the same region among white people for nearly a thousand years by the time of AtE, they quite literally aren't outsiders.
>>
CK3 version really needs more time to cook.
>no rostmenn
>no offmap invaders
>no offmap traders
>weirdly round diversity numbers for cultures like they were shoehorned in or something
>>
>>1710976
Rostmenn are cut,
offmap invaders are on hold until road to power,
offmap traders are so low priority its not even funny,
what the fuck did you expect of course they were
>>
>>1710982
Why the fuck did they cut the Rostmenn?
>>
>>1709511
thats just because character DNA isn't set, or did you think it was intentional for the descendent of the black founder to be white?
>>
>>1710991
Cut might be the wrong word, Split might be better, it was considered to encompass to large an area and stiffen the potential for cultural diversity in the region
>>
>>1711098
Buckeyes and Hoosiers fucking suck as cultures though. Cultures named after handegg or whatever teams are a terrible idea. See: Cheesehead
>>
>>1711126
Hoosier is literally just the real word for people from Indiana.
>>
>>1711144
Wow, that's sad. How do people from Indiana cope?
>>
>>1711098
The same kind of cultural diversity that gives a random Muslim cult a county in south carolina.
>>
Why does a Native Tribe control so much of South Carolina? I just don't see how they can form a minority ruling caste in that area of the South East.
>>
>>1711154
I think it's better than just using the demonym like "Uthan". Now that's lame.
>>
>>1712562
I liked what NEOW did with Amiraqis, as a culture to denote 'US Troops who intermingled with the local population over the centuries since the event'.
More of After the end should involve syncretism like that.
>>
>>1709125
>The only white ruler in the 'Holy Columbian Federation' is a shitty count
is this shit real lol?
>>
>>1682752
Does this shit even work?
>>
>>1712792
Sure it does
>>
>added caliphate of calgary :(
>added mormons around lethbridge :)
>added oil and dino pagans :(
>slav cultural influence was excised into a seperate culture :)
>blackfoot tribes are less prominent :|
could've been worse I guess
>>
>hmm look at all these interesting kingdoms and cultures that have sprung up from the remnants of america
>think of all the tales to tell as the american people pull themselves back together
>pick kelpers instead and proceed to troll the argentinians for years
>>
>>1712779
So many fat sheboons ruling duchies.
>>
>>1713630
seeing them be by far the most popular choice in south america must be devastating for the sudacas
>>
>>1678337
Who the fuck keeps bumping this thread? Please stop.
>>
>>1714220
Why?
>>
>>1714202
The fact they have Patagón heritage and are like 10% mestizo according to the culture file is hilarious.
>>
>>1714220
bump
>>
>>1684224
Ali Abawa
>>
>play paradox base game
>nothing clicks, can't really get into it
>play total conversion mod for it
>immediately engrossed and can even get invested in the vanilla game
happend with Anbennar and it happened with AtE, why is that?
>>
>>1717198
Maybe history is not your forte and you need a different arrangement for you to enjoy the strategic experience
>>
File: notitlegiven.png (36 KB, 301x79)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>
>>1717772
>non-theistic
>>
>>1717198
Maybe you are just bored of historical scenario, interested in modded mechanics who usually very unique, or you are an American who don't really have any particular attachment to the Old Worlds (America is usually very boring in most Paradox games due to geographical isolation).
>>
>>1717772
can't wait till non-landed DLC comes out and I can travel across the hemisphere bullying all these nerds
>>
I've played a bit of Europe-only NEOW. Is Asia fun? Do you recommend I download Asia only or the both continents one?
>>
>>1718536
man I'm really hoping landless is good, it has really potential to help CK3 step out of the shadow of 2
>>
>>1709256
>If anything the diversity is weirdly lacking in some places, I haven't seen a single latino north of Texas despite them being a significant minority (often larger than black people) in nearly every state at this point.
1) iirc the deluge was implied to have happened some time in the 70s or 80s, before the majority of modern hispanics arrived
2) Most hispanics outside of the southwest generally live in the cities, which can generally be expected to suffer disproportionately high death rates in the event of societal collapse due to the disintegration of agricultural commerce causing them to starve en masse.
In the event of any apocalypse destroying American society, whatever fragments of the non-southwest/Floridian hispanic population survive the initial collapse would find themselves substantially outnumbered, and frankly it would be surprising if after 600-700 years, any of them DIDN'T assimilate into the majority language and culture (assuming they didn't simply leave and attempt to return to their homelands.)
the midwest and northeast having effectively no trace of any former hispanic minorities by 2666 is actually pretty realistic.
>>
A distant cousin of House Waltney could be a fun replacement for the Muslim self-insert in SoCal.
>>
File: monkeysad.png (222 KB, 1500x540)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
fresh from the discord.
the mod was chud coded before the HE-jew 9kbits took over.
>>
>>1718850
>her
>>
>>1718744
>iirc the deluge was implied to have happened some time in the 70s or 80s, before the majority of modern hispanics arrived
If this is true why does every single culture that isn't like a native one in North America have some percentage of "med_indigenous"
>>
>>1718955
Because it was programmed by literal autistic children
>>1717772
So utterly cringe to put political religions into the game. They jumped the shark with Americanism, and only by giving it literal unique mechanics via the presidential election.
What a bunch of tranny bullshit
>>
>>1718824
Unironically it should be a distant descendent of Ye for the turbo memes
>>
>>1718955
wtf is up with ethnicity bloat in mods? There's only like 6 ethnicities in the base game but every mod decides to add 100 new ethnicities because west germans and east germans look totally different apparently
>>
>>1719308
To be fair, you need ethnicity bloat to accurately represent North America.
>>
>>1719330
>one ethnicity for all caucasians from portugal to Iran
>poos get two
This is what happens when you allow the lesser races on the internet
>>
>>1719343
Actually, there's Caucasian, Mediterranean, Byzantine (for some reason) and Slavic.
>>
>>1719391
All Europeans actually have the same basic ethnicity. The only difference between Caucasian, Northern, Mediterranean, Byzantine, and Slavic is hair, skin, and eye color. Caucasian is actually the default ethnicity template every other ethnicity just adds to it.
>>
>>1718971
I think JATE has an event where the Muslims give the county of Hollywood to Ye West after they conquer it.
>>
Just noticed that Haitians can spawn with Polish portraits in the CK2 mod. Nice “negroes of europe” reference.
>>
Best religion?
>>
>>1719330
Races would either melt into each other regionally or stratify in any SHTF scenario bad enough to regress technology to medieval levels, diversity is inconsistent with reality.
>>
>>1719439
Reformed Occultist
>>
>After the End is still not functional in CK3 even after decades of tranny malding
>FanFork devs have not added s major, good feature since Cascadia in CK2
Tranny sisters…. Is it over?
>>1719439
Americanist or Cetic
>>
>>1719436
It's a shame they removed that in CK3. The one time a minority group dies out or is mixed into another group is when it's a "white" one, lmao.
>>
I went on the official Discord and holy shit bros. I was just memeing about trannies, but they really are all gross trannies. The top reactions to all posts, even random posts like applications to edit the wiki, are trans flags. Announcements is full of trans stuff too for no discernible reason.
Trans people really are a cancer infesting and politicizing autistic spaces.
>infest nerd community due to autism -> trans pipeline
>kick out people for not respecting muh pronouns
>exalt yourself until only trannies are left
>implode while circle jerking
>>
>>1719308
Those are not ethnicities but cultures tbf, or just languages according to PDX devs
>>
>>1718970
Americanism and political religions have literally been in the mod since the early CK2 days retard.
>>
>>1721086
Not that anon but Americanism makes some amount of sense because the US actually does have a history of treating its political structure and history quasi-religiously, people have written whole books on this. But nothing like that exists for Mexico or Colombia or Argentina yet the CK3 modders have gone and given them their own political religions anyways.
>>
>>1721572
>nothing like that exists for Mexico or Colombia or Argentina yet the CK3 modders have gone and given them their own political religions anyways
that's pretty gay if true, I always just gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed spics/sudacas had civic religion inculcated in them and genuinely held reverence for generalissimo president manuel de peepeepoopoo of the centralistos faction
>>
>>1678337
>emperor of America
What kind of fantasy mod is this?
>>
why is there no east asia in ck3
>>
Don't let this distract you from how ATE troons removed the Mexican religious sacrifice because it might offend imaginary latinx folx.
>>
>>1721763
>removed the Mexican religious sacrifice because it might offend
Sad if true. Sacrifice is one of my favorite tenets and would fit well with any aztec larping.
>>
File: vgh.png (2.11 MB, 1243x845)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
VGH... GroßBritannia...
>>
>>1709125
>it's real
>>
>>1722483
this as part of an insane tranny religion would be kino
>>
>>1719774
It's a territory marking thing
>>
Why sideways?
>>
>>1722839
Apparently the map is hard coded so that you can't make it taller than it is wide.
>>
>>1722501
Gaianism
>>
>>1723082
This is false, at least in the current version of CK3.
>>
>>1722839
CK3 ate mod is all fagged up and the map is ugly too also they should not have done south america i would rather have double province density in north america i am right?
>>
gib good sidemods for ck2 ate
>>
>>1723368
Profits and Pirates.
>>
>>1723365
the mod would have never come out without all the sudaca devs working on it
>>
>>1717772
>no neo-confederate americanists because nobody remembers them
>people still worship obscure commie writers in 2666 tho
>>
>>1718643
>man I'm really hoping landless is good
kek

Enjoy your ten events and couple mana bars
>>
>>1726762
More like neo-american hijras
>>
>>1709799
Very interesting anon I hope you and your players enjoy your campaign.
>>
>>1714492
That’s probably from all the women that they carried off by raiding the argentines.
>>
>>1711164
>bahai
>muslim
>>
>gaianism is schizo feminist religion
>strongest gaian leader ever was a man
>>
>>1728886
>>gaianism is schizo feminist religion
Not anymore. The last update for ck2 turned the gaians into a park ranger religion of all things.
>>
>>1726762
Right now there is a religion for Cybersin, an obscure attempt by the Allende government to create a "democratic planned economy" (in reality it ended up being just a centralized management system for the SOEs' state fund). And in game it's just another druggie progressive religion.
>>
>>1722190
Now conquer all of South America.
>>
What the fuck?
They changed every single instance of "med_indigenous" in the culture files to "mesoamerican_yuto_aztec".
Why?
>>
>>1729518
What was med_indigenous supposed to be?
>>
>>1729531
It's in the name. Mediterranean-indigenous. Mestizos. Basically a catch-all for hispanics in the former USA and actual mestizos in the various latin american culture files.
>>
>>1678606
I ran such a game years ago with the players working for the Waltneys and helping The Mouse make the Magic Kingdom. It was alright. We were all 5e retards at the time which was really not a good system for AtE. These days I'd run it in GURPS.
>>
>>1709294
nta, but the point is is that the conditions he laid out would encourage racial minorities to move to places where their race is more prevalent. Then, centuries later, lands are more homogenous than they are now.
>>
>>1710966
They'll still Other. Look at the middle east - tons of cities had populations of Arabs, Armenians, Greeks, Jews, and others for millenia, and yet those communities almost exclusively married within their ethnic groups. There was also no shortage of ethnic conflict over the centuries, either.
Just because two different groups live in the same place does not mean they don't see each other as different, even if it's been centuries. In fact especially if it's been centuries, as it's culturally ingrained.
>>
>>1729826
I don't think it would make any sense to have monoethnic cultures. You can't just make Chicago's culture 100% white or 100% black, its illogical and everyone would see through it. Crusader Kings wasn't designed for such a system where numerous races are coexisting in the same general region. Regardless of the ethnic variables, everyone would mix together.
You have two options: have every culture be 100% multiracial or have a bunch of various ethnicities that will ultimately merge together, but will have the chance to spawn as unlanded and courtier characters.

Crusader Kings just wasn't designed for the world ATE is in.
>>
>>1729826
All of those groups were stratified by religion more than anything, e.g. identity during the Greek and Turkish population exchanges was largely decided by whether you were Christian or Muslim, not by ancestry or even what language you spoke. This kind of ethnic religious association doesn't really exist in the US, yeah Mormons are almost entirely white and there are a few black churches but the vast majority of white and black people aren't part of those.
>>
>>1678337
Did away with Texas being divvied up between college football fans and thus trash.
>>
>>1729935
aggies and longhorns should have a series of legendary Reveille and Bevo rulers. was always disappointed that they didn't
>>
>>1729900
That's all true. I was talking more about social dynamics, not game mechanics.
>>1729933
This is also all true, but I'll say that religion is just the vehicle or expression of culture and cultural differences in that region. We could look at ethnic minorities in China, like the Hui or the Zhuang, or the Zainichi Koreans in Japan to see that religion doesn't need to be the thing keeping different ethnicities apart.
>>
>>1730308
>We could look at ethnic minorities in China, like the Hui or the Zhuang
The Hui are literally defined by being Chinese Muslims and the Zhuang have their own language.

>the Zainichi Koreans in Japan
The vast majority of them came during the early 1900s, the number of people whose ancestors immigrated in pre-modern times and who still identify or are identified as distinctly Korean is vanishingly small. You're comparing this to a group who, again, by the time of AtE has lived among white Americans for over a thousand years.

Also my argument was never that black Americans or white Americans would cease to exist as distinct groups, only that there's no reason to believe black Americans would still be viewed as "outsiders" by the time of AtE. Your example of Chinese minorities from earlier is actually a great example for my position - they may still exist as distinct minority groups but they've lived under Chinese states for hundreds, sometimes thousands of years depending on the group and so are considered (both by themselves and by the Han) as integral parts of the Chinese nation.
>>
>>1730510
>there's no reason to believe black Americans would still be viewed as "outsiders" by the time of AtE
Oh I see. I meant Outsider as Other, not-us. Like in AtE times, there's probably a community of Vietnamese in Socal. They're not especially distinguished from the local culture through the lens of the ck2 player. But as for how an actual group like that would get by, even if they don't retain their language they're likely to maintain a unique cultural identity and marry almost entirely within their community.
For whites and blacks, honestly I'd expect that in AtE they'd segregate into black and white towns/villages/neighborhoods. But even as they mingle in the cities, practice the same religion, speak the same language, they'd still see the other group as Other. Not us.
>they've lived under Chinese states for hundreds, sometimes thousands of years depending on the group and so are considered (both by themselves and by the Han) as integral parts of the Chinese nation.
I agree, and I think this is pretty much how it would go. Whites and blacks in the HCC might view the other as American/Columbian/Confederate/whatever, their fellows in a political sense. But they'd never drop their understanding that they are different, distinct groups and would live accordingly.
>>
>>1729900
We both know niggers would turn into an American version of Romanis the moment an apocalyptic event hits. Give them a ethnic region or turn them into nomads like the Jews in vanilla.
>>
>>1729900
I disagree. Humans are very tribal, and would be even more so if everything were set back to the Medieval era.
Without all the technology and mass transport keeping the country together, people would turn to their own ethnic/religious/cultural groups for survival.

In addition, even today Chicago is still heavily segregated, with most of the south side being almost entirely black, as just one example.
In-game this is even depicted by the county of Calument (Which encompasses the south side of Chicago and much more) as having the black Motowner culture.
Chicagoan and Motowner are even in the same culture group in-game, so having Chicagoan represent the white population and Motowner represent the black population already works.

To reflect the various ethnic groups of the country, I would just create more in-game cultures to properly represent them. It worked for the Chiraqi and Yiddish cultures.

You're right about CKII not being designed for this, but that's what we've got to work with.
>>
>>1731326
>gib tribes
>>
>>1731491
Hell, there already are plenty of in-game cultures to represent various ethnic groups. It's just that somehow despite these obvious places for people of a certain ethnicity to gather existing, every single culture seems to have modern day demographics dictating the spawn chance of various ethnicities.
And then there's bullshit like Eightian.
>>
>>1731491
>even today Chicago is still heavily segregated
You can look at any of those city race population maps and see it at a glance. Even relatively small ethnicities/races will gather together in the same neighborhood. I've lived in Philadelphia for nearly a decade and my neighborhood has been almost entirely White the entire time I've been here. If you look at the demographics of Philadelphia that wouldn't be something you'd expect. You go to another neighborhood four blocks over and it's almost entirely Black. Most mixed places are center city and anywhere where uni students live. Lots of foreign students attending Penn, Temple and Drexel. I think the map scale of ATE makes it a bit difficult to represent this though.
>>
https://ganker.com/play-crusader-kings-iii-332000-709680/
The fuck is this, /v/ zigforums?
>>
>>1732788
https://ganker.com/after-the-end-ck2-547581/
>>
File: gibe moni.png (14 KB, 1282x184)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1732788
>>1732791
This looks like one of those bot websites that rip threads from 4chan and reposts them. It's nothing new, but incredibly annoying.
They do this to make it look like their sites are populated, when in reality it's all copied from elsewhere, so then they can plaster the website with a fuckton of ads.

Their About page looks like an AI wrote it and pic related is at the bottom of every page, so it's just another scheme to make money. Best to stay away from it.
>>
Is there anyway to have the ck3 ATE rulers have their traits and skills randomized?
>>
File: vgh centroamerica.png (536 KB, 495x589)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
I believe in Tico supremacy.
>>
>>1735222
religion?
>>
>>1735542
Penitente, of course.
I considered converting to Conclavist catholicism but decided against it.
>>
File: 1713398191713064.gif (1.54 MB, 323x233)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>1721572
>>Not that anon but Americanism makes some amount of sense because the US actually does have a history of treating its political structure and history quasi-religiously, people have written whole books on this. But nothing like that exists for Mexico or Colombia or Argentina yet the CK3 modders have gone and given them their own political religions anyways.

>Mod about post-post-apocalypse has people form a cargo cult around pre-apocalypse politics
>New people pick up the mod, but miss the joke about the political institutions being cargo culted having quasi-religious elements to begin with
>Make crude copies of the idea all over the place while completely misunderstanding why the original worked
>>
https://youtu.be/cgESi4DueLo
>>
>>1735619
Well the concept that Communism becomes a religion is similar to the Americanist thing where Communists and socialists are often accused of having a religious world view with their own versions of heaven (Communist utopia) hell (Late stage capitalism) saints (Proletariat martyrs) and demons. (capitalists and reactionaries.)
So that's not so bad.

Realistically south America should probably just be a bunch of different flavors of Christian
>>
>>1735780
Mixed with a bunch of natives here and there and one or two crazy religions per metropolis.
>>
>>1729935
muh realism
>>
Got elected President and couldn't do shit with it. What has to happen to unlock GHW in the CK 3 version?
>>
Why does one of the loading screen tips say the mod has been hijacked

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.