[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709354665432581.jpg (779 KB, 1367x845)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
Song of Syx thread since last one is on page 8.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1162750

It's a low fantasy city builder in the vein of Caeser or Pharaoh series. Oh and for whatever reason, the creator decided to over reach and bolt on a total war component so you can micro like an RTS while taking over the world. City builder is pretty much done and the latter has the foundations in but still unbalanced.

Demo is free-forever and is only a few versions behind the latest stable, good to try so you know whether you will like to core gameplay.

Fantasy means many races with their strengths and weaknesses like Vegetarian pigmen, tall dwarves twice the size of humans, cannibal elves lizards and bugmen. Oh so you want to min-max with all these races don't you? Well, too bad they are all Racists as fuck and prone to murder each other without careful planning. Good thing there's a very robust slavery system for you to prosecute and exploit the undesirables yes?
>>
>>1691072
comfy looking building, good inspiration for making a human kingdom so I don't have to deal with the issue of dwarves hating everything that isn't a cube (based, but also not based). Though that said anyone have any good designs to make use of the dwarven hatred of roundness?
>>
Okay, so creating dense habitation is as easy as pie.

But how the FUCK do you create space-dense food? Farms are fucking SHIT. Pastures can take a quarter of the map and feed a population of maybe a few eskimos.

I just want my river to look like something other than a fucking mile-long plantation where the fruitpickers get hit with the niggerwhipper 24/7
>>
>>1691072
what is this game? i like the art style
is it like dwarf fortress or more like old anno?
>>
>>1691348
Fishing? You can make giant fishing areas and they go hard when manned with that fisherman race.

>>1691410
It’s very maximalist, the individual chars have individual lives but you don’t care about that. You go huge, then larger, then larger. Old Anno but without being so capped on mines and building space.
>>
>>1691436
>fish
>rots the next day
>>
To what extent do the races care about materials anyway? Is it across the whole city (ie the dondos are mad the wooden elf ghetto even exists), or do they only want their personal homes and workspaces to be that material?
>>
>>1691496
I think that they only care about what buildings they enter.
>>
>>1691348
Import or tax grain and max bakeries. You will roll on a tsunami of bread in no time.
>>
File: 1709593476.png (757 KB, 1920x1080)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
Am I looking at this correctly, is the efficiency not being deducted from the total consumption factor? I thought efficiency would mean less input consumed per output produced, but even after 3 research upgrades and the small education bonus it's still exactly 4 wood per furniture.
>>
>>1691756
>I thought efficiency would mean less input consumed per output produced
That's how it used to work until the current update. Now it just means that output increases, but so does input.
>>
>>1691772
That's retarded, some techs even still say that they decrease input usage
I agree that before the update efficiency could get stupid very quickly, but the techs that only give an x percentage increase to production should still add into the old, real efficiency. Or just decouple the bonus to work speed and efficiency and balance it from there.
>>
>>1691790
Go tell that to Jake on the discord. He actually reads the comments and considers them. He changed something once after I suggested it.
>>
>>1691795
>discord
I would if they hadn't locked my old account until I give them my phone number.
>>
>>1691811
Weird, discord never asked me for a number.
>>
>>1691814
Did you ever run their app on your phone? Then they wouldn't need to ask.
I never did and they don't like that.
>>
>>1691820
I don't even own a phone and never have.
>>
Any tips for a new player? I've yet to start a game
>>
>>1691811
Same, pisscord is shit
>>
>>1691072
is there any gunpowder?
>>
>>1691992
Tutorial is mostly useless since they plan to remake it for 1.0.

The game is a cycle of Feed People -> Make them happy with services -> More people immigrate in -> Need to feed more people.
As you get more people, you will hit milestones that unlock new buildings which will point you to your new target or problem to solve.
>>
>>1692014
No, but mods add it. Don't expect too in-depth a combat though, the end game is about equipping a regiment and feeding them 90% while they train and watch them wreck shit the 10% of the time you actually go to war.
>>
Can you craft different quality gear and items or are they just numbers?
>>
>>1691072
>Song of Syx thread since last one is on page 8.
Anon. Threads in here last until Page 10 and 1,300 posts. Please wait until the thread is about to fall off before making a new one.

>>1691410
Macromanagement game about building a fantasy city and engaging in segregation of races and labour, and war and conquest.
Top-down city builder with Total War battle mechanics and 4X campaign map with other nations.
It's like Dwarf Fortress a bit, but no Z-Layer, but a much larger scope (cities can get large enough to host tens of thousands of individual citizens on screen).

>>1692058
Just numbers. Combat consists of creating formations and specifiying how they should be outfitted, and then making sure your citizens are able to fullfill your own demands.
You select a race that the soldiers in the formation should be of, give them a name and an emblem (you can paint this in-game), then select the amount of soldiers in the formation there should be, the level and type of training,a and the equipment available.
Making your soldiers better protected essentially consists of giving them more units of armor to wear per soldier, and the same is with weapons. To give a formation "better bows" you have to essentially assign more bows to be given to the formation.
However weight and speed as also important, training gives troops more speed and endurance, so they can wear more equipment without tiring so quickly. A lightly outfitted formation with high training will run circles around a heavily outfitted formation with poor training, and might make them rout without much of a fight since morale is also important and a heavily trained troop will keep fighting when a badly trained troop will rout despite differing less casualties.
>>
File: Formation.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>1692077
>>1692058

However the economy is important, and troops that spend their whole work day training and maintaining the training they already have cannot be productive to the economy, so you need to know how much of your population can you afford to make into professional soldiers and how many should be better off as just militia, or just leave them in the fields to toil.
>>
>>1692079
It's kinda broken at the moment where the skill decay starts rapidly climbing when at 100%. It's kinda stupid to do full time soldiers unless you specifically want those people to keep training and take up your facilities and not do a civie job.

I stop at 90% (decay seems to keep 10% of my troops in need of training constantly) on Dondors, their long lifespans means they only need to spend a few years training to break everyone's necks as space marines that they are while still contributing to my economy for the rest of the game.
>>
>>1692079
>>1692099
What population do you normally start training actual soldiers and not just militia? I normally conquer a little bit with mercenaries to take the burden of farming and mining off my city, but even at around 1500-2000 population I find it hard to maintain anything other than a single small division of soldiers. And is it better to use regional recruits or your own citizens as soldiers?
>>
This game, is it any good? I played DF and RW. Sell me this masterpiece or tell me I should touch this piece of trash.
>>
File: bnugman metropolis.jpg (2.88 MB, 3072x3072)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
>>1692106
It's fine, another one person dev team making an autistic passion project. Decent city builder that focuses more on the macro scale. Try out the demo if you want to mess around for an hour and see if you really want to play it.
>>
>>1692115
How big is the map?
Can you send an expedition off map?
How's combat in this game? I didn't like RimWorld because of its combat mechanics. I mean I like the game, but combat is meh.
This game is 1 level like RW or multilevel like DF?
>>
>>1692119
City map is always the same size, though where you settle has a different appearance and fertility and so on. Dunno if that will change in the future. The map for your city is different to the map for the world and the interaction for outside your city is abstracted to a more 4X style.
The combat is less individually complex and focuses more on unit tactics and supplies. Well trained, well equipped units of the right race will smash apart hordes of conscripts and bows are OP. The demo uses an older version of the game so it plays a bit differently, but in both you can send armies out to conquer territories and fight battles to extract raw materials and recruits and slaves from your neighbours.
And yeah, its 1 z level like RW.

If I had to place them its like RW < DF < Songs of Syx in terms of the scale they focus on. It's much closer to a city builder.
>>
>>1692121
How are control here?
Also, do units simulate life?
Do they eat, have sex, shit?
>>
>>1692125
Controls are actually pretty good, a lot of QoL stuff I wish other similar games had.
Kinda.
Yes, they use "nurseries" to produce children or just get immigrants, and they shit loudly.
>>
>>1692131
Wait a sec, does this game really have defecation, sex and child birth? I wish DF has all that.
>>
>>1692137
There's no sex or child birth in this game. There's a building for each playable race that produces children, just like you'd produce furniture.
But the citizens do love shitting.
>>
>>1692147
>There's a building for each playable race that produces children
The fuck? Delisted the game.
>>
File: SPARTA.jpg (168 KB, 631x1080)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>1692103
You start training as soon as your economy can afford to and you have facilities. 100% is stupid as I said but 90% is decent with about 10% of your force decay.
I'll say anybody can train to 50% at any time and you should just train everyone since everybody like being trained and you have a lot of cannon fodder to throw at enemies in a pinch. 60%-90% can be adjusted as you upgrade the training speeds with tech to keep up with decay. And of course, train the young ones (use retirement late game to tell the old people to fuck off) and train the races that live the longest so no soldier dies from old age.
>>
>>1692147
>building for each playable race that produces children
How does this work anyway? Like you build a breeder and it starts to produce children>?
>>
>>1692103
>but even at around 1500-2000 population I find it hard to maintain anything other than a single small division of soldiers.
You need to abuse and stack those Racial Job bonuses so that you're using your population as effectively as possible. The less people you need to run a particular industry effectively the more people you'll have free to train as professional soldiers instead.

>>1692175
Once you reach 20 Pops of any race (Except Dondorians who are lore-wise Spontaneously Generated in mountains and Cantos who were all created long ago by the Gods), the Nursery/Hatchery building of each Race is unlocked, which employs people and produces babies in cribs, which need to consume food favourite to that race long enough in order to survive to childhood.
Children, unlike babies can actually move on their own like the rest of your citizens, but won't work until they come-of-age.

There's no fucking in-game. The sex of your citizens is merely cosmetic as far as I'm aware and Babies/children do not occur unless you have a Nursery created.
>>
>>1692147
They're so fucking loud I can hear them shitting while zoomed out looking at another part of town entirely.
>>
>>1692099
>It's kinda broken at the moment where the skill decay starts rapidly climbing when at 100%
You're supposed to set it to 100% and send out the squad, then once a batch of soldiers reaches 100% they will immediately head out automatically as they finish training and will keep it at 100% once on overworld map.

Anything less than 100% is a waste of population unless intended as a deterrant for raiders, having everyone at minimal combat training.
>>
>>1692234
That version are you playing? There's no more farting.sfx on the latest version of the game, after player input.
>>
>>1692239
Why would you want to send out a 100% army doing nothing unless you are chasing the entire map waging constant war? 1000 Dondos with full gear & 10% training is going to crush 100 of any other race fully trainned units due to moral mechanics anyway.
>>
File: FBI open up.jpg (77 KB, 1200x675)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>building a little hamlet to support my rapidly expanding industrial berrypicking operations
>can still hear Lizard Man the fisherlizardman shitting his guts out from a pure fish-based diet on the other side of the map
>>
File: songs-of-syx-2024.jpg (416 KB, 1001x1027)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
My town in the current build, around ~500 inhabitants
>>
Does this game have a roadmap and an ending? Like a rocket in Factorio or RimWorld?
>>
File: 1709669412.png (418 KB, 1920x1080)
418 KB
418 KB PNG
Rate my village
I mostly export fish, but I'm planning on moving onto breweries as my main source of income
>>
>>1692234
>>1692256
ah the lovely soundscape of my epic city-state simulator:
>BBBBRRTTT PBBBTT PBBT PPRRTT
>SSSSNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRE
>PPRRT PRTT FRRRTT
>HHRGGGGGNNNSNOOOOORRRRRRRE
>>
>>1692669
very comfy anon
I wish I had the autism to keep to making organic farm and roadlines, but sometimes a man just need 200 more fruits
>>
>>1692603
https://trello.com/b/wF5RYqdF/songs-of-syx
Yes, V66 will be balancing the overworked and 1.0 is the polish and campaign introduction (which is just short cutscenes and gives you a win condition)

https://trello.com/b/wF5RYqdF/songs-of-syx
>>
>>1692866
Use the drawing brush for farms and pastures. I don't think they count for roundness anyway so it doesn't matter what you do with them.
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 262x73)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>1692890
>>
>>1692247
>Why would you want to send out a 100% army doing nothing
So their skill doesn't decay and you can use your training facilities to train more troops to 100%.

>1000 Dondos with full gear
Oh yea? Well 10000000 will crush them!!1 Retarded argument.
>>
>>1691072
>page 8
jesus this isn't /vg
>>
>>1693189
Okay, forget it then. Jake's changing the system again and there will be more ways to exploit.

>In the 1.0 patch after V66, I'm going to do some revamps regarding the military. One definite thing I've been thinking of is captains for divisions (regular citizens) and generals for the army (nobles).

>I've long struggled with the fact that I want permanent soldiers in the city though, but I haven't figured out how to do it, since dedicated soldiers are so damn expensive. But now I think I have something... Lets separate soldiers into militia (what we have now) and professional soldiers. The professional soldiers will wear their equipment all the time and work in barracks. They will on occasion form up and parade through the streets. They will also double as guards, replacing the old guards. Professional soldiers can be sent out to a world army, not the militia. Professional soldiers, besides their barracks workplace, can use different training rooms.

>This will also provide us with an interesting end-game mechanic, with an ever increasing raid chance and law decline as your population grows, you'll have to increase your soldier count in end game, eventually soft-locking you at a certain population.
>>
>>1693199
Nobody wants to post in a thread that's about to die, anyway.
>>
>>1692240
NTA but I'm playing the demo (which apparently is just some versions behind the actual game) and there is still the shitting sfx.
>>
>>1693403
Yeah, that's quite a few versions back. The sound is not present in current version.
>>
>>1693449
I thought I had read that in the patch notes somewhere too, and just reinstalled my copy to be sure it wasn't fucky, but I am indeed getting the shitting orchestra still (or maybe again?)
>>
>>1693567
The version of the game is mentioned in the game's launcher, in INFO.
Check on the game's Properties on Steam if you're on a previous version of the game on Betas. Right now the latest version is 0.65.65.
Now sure what version the Demo is on rn.
>>
File: 1709765949.png (838 KB, 1920x1080)
838 KB
838 KB PNG
>>1691772
>>1691756
Wait a minute, the tooltip on the bakery building is now saying that the efficiency of my bakery indeed increased with research. It seems like rooms are just somewhat bugged wherein they don't update their efficiency unless you rebuild them? I'm not sure, I'm going to test it.
>>
File: 1709767592.png (837 KB, 1920x1080)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
>>1693722
After rebuilding the bakery in the hopes that this would force it to update to the real efficiency value, it's still not happening. So either that's intended and he just forgot to remove the changes to the value in the menu or the buildings efficiency calculation is bugged. Either way I hope efficiency gains make a comeback.
>>
>>1693375
nigger
>>
>>1693375
Its STILL up
>>
File: 1695248766513020.gif (1.96 MB, 600x600)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>trying to increase my population in the early lategame
>overexpanded some industry so I'm low on daylabourers
>1700 dudes total
>all immigration has dried up because I can't figure out how to satisfy all their civic and service needs, for example religion where it feels like I have all four shrines readily available every other street, yet its satisfaction is only ~60%
>got 3 baby factories, pumping out ~80 babies every 90 days
>90 days is a long fucking time
I tried handouts together with giving time off and stacking Law satisfaction with my ample supply of war prisoners, but I only get 4-8 immigrants for an obscene amount of industrial output potential.

What are some effective methods you guys have found for when you just need more manpower?
>>
>>1691992
I am decently new myself but specialization is good. Trying to be completely self-reliant is hard early on, use trade often.
>>
>>1692234
>>1692256
>>1692690
>>1692234
is there a video showing this off
i only played the latest version and this seems really funny
>>
>>1694304
>yet its satisfaction is only ~60%
does this have to do with quality, i.e., upgrades unlocked through research?
>>
File: syx2.png (3.35 MB, 1580x1048)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>1691992
Like >>1694506 says a big pitfall is to try and set up your own industries for everything, and can really slow you down. Once your civvies aren't about to starve, focus on a resource that's easy for you to access and get going making a metric shitload of it to trade for the things your city can't currently make. Dump lots of research into improving your money-maker's production. Avoid getting distracted by what things are technically on the map for you make yourself. Your workforce is super important and it's easy to waste them trying to branch out into things like getting raw resources that are labor intensive, but not particularly valuable.
>>
>>1694304
Item/goods (wood,pottery,etc2), drinks, clothes access.Food variety and sometimes just having high food days (>8) gets you immigrants.
>>
is research still retarded?
>>
File: annoyed.gif (599 KB, 441x484)
599 KB
599 KB GIF
>5000 pops total
>2300 slaves
I've developed what I like to call the ancap NAP economical model.

Basically, it's an anarcho-capitalistic commune with my lizardmen being the delegators, enablers and facilitators of a slave supporting class. The lizards train their whole lives, then go to war with 7-900 mercenaries to acquire more slaves.

This means more slaves, which frees up my lizards more to be full-time soldiers, which lets me acquire more slaves, which lets more lizards be soldiers. What this means is that nobody wants to trade with me, so my industrial-based economy leaves me with warehouses full of manufactured goods just waiting to be consumed, with my conquered territory supplying all my raw materials.

Basically, war and slavery results in a post-scarcity utopia where no lizard has to work ever again.
>>
>>1697275
Oh, and the NAP is maintained by trading with me. If you don't want to trade with me, you're breaking the NAP and I have to declare war on you. It only makes sense.
>>
File: sigh.png (50 KB, 200x200)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
At the endgame, and I'm a bit disappointed with how cowardly the AI is in war. I haven't been declared on once, and their armies, when I corner them, all automatically coward out and hand over all their shit to get away.

I know it's not even the main focus of the game, but I was expecting a bit more when you got to all-out war between large factions.
>>
>>1698093
AI's calculation is telling it you could kick their ass so they're just doing what they think will result in their survival.
The game needs for AI's empires to be bigger and more powerful, but also to learn when to ally with each other and work together to take down or at least contain a common foe,
>>
>>1694901
Is that bridge a mod? Last time i played it you had to make land bridges and pretend theu were bridges
>>
>>1696917
You don't have to spend 15k points on bartering at the start of the game before you can turn a profit anymore so yes
>>
>>1691072
damn OP you managed to make hyper efficient square plot planning look soulful.
>>
>>1691811
>locked my old account until I give them my phone number
Same.
>>
>>1697275
You've literally created Lizard Sparta.
>>
a lot of digging ahead bros
>>
>>1699792
It's kinda cheating because it's not a self sustaining town. Just a villa to keep all the human racists from killing everyone else.

>>1699365
It looks like a room with no walls to just get its wooden floors, there's no bridge mod that I can find so far.
>>
>>1700540
>Just a villa to keep all the human racists from killing everyone else
Mark Zuckenbergmaxxing
>>
>>1699365
Added in a recent version, they're built automatically when you path a road over deep water (but they'll still terraform the shallow water so it looks sort of awkwards sometimes where the railings start/stop).
>>
>>1691072
Is that a massive longhouse in the middle?
>>
>>1701304
No that's a lab + Library complex. The smaller rectangles surrounding it are the houses.
>>
File: 1680456304898489.png (1.72 MB, 937x976)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
total tilapi death
>>
>>1701469
krull did nothing wrong
>>
>>1701469
>not eating them like they'd have wanted
>>
>>1700540
No lord would give clearance for building huge buildings so close to the outside if defensive walls. They would undermine the defense by giving the enemy cover
I know no one ever fights on the city map and enemies just break walls anyway, but bad fortifications tickle my autism
>>
>>1701668
I know but my factorio optimization came first and my medieval aesthetic came second so here we are with some half fucked defense I hastily put down to have some semblance of a city.

It doesn't matter though, the 8k sized city has 70-90% militarized citizens, almost all are the 8ft Spacemarine sized Dondorians in full plate and gear>>1692159. Ain't no half fucked militas either, they mostly have 90% skill so one division is easily holding againest a 3:1 odds.

At the end of the day, putting those shitty walls probably delayed my conquest by a year so they were protecting the world from my viking conquest more lol.
>>
>>1691348
>not just getting food from taxes
your hickville will stay a sub 2k pop rural shithole
>>
How do you unlock the other titles like Warden of the North and stuff? I can't find any info on how you get them all.
>>
>>1704292
it literally says the requirements for each title
>>
>>1704292
Click on your throne and check the titles tab.
>>
Is this good?
>>
>>1706074
Why not try the free demo on steam? You can play it forever.
>>
File: services.png (40 KB, 542x360)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
What does lowering this slider represent on Services represent anyway? As in what does giving slaves only 50% permission at something do?

>>1706074
It's a good city builder. It's really satisfying when you have a save going with thousands of people, and it still runs very well at that level performance wise.
>>
>>1708788
Probably only allowed to staisfy to 50%
>>
>>1708788
people would really rather go hungry than walk to a food stall not immediately in their neighborhood huh
>>
File: syx4-2.jpg (2.18 MB, 1920x1080)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
I wish I could stop these disgusting human slaves from bathing in my glorious lizard ponds. exposing their pale lumps. fucking gross.
>>
File: slavetopia.jpg (576 KB, 1647x935)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>1711271
Cities like yours make me feel like an absolute fucking cretin.
>>
>>1712216
Start by not making your streets 1 tile wide. The map is big enough for you to go well over 10k inhabitants without that kind of minmaxing.
>>
More like Song of Dyx LMAO
>>
>>1706507
I keep meaning to buy or pirate it but I just forget.
>demo
Can anyone satisfy themselves playing a demo?
>>
>>1713007
It's one of those demos that he updates a few versions behind the main game. It's literally the full game, but a few patches behind.
>>
>>1713007
I used to play shareware Exile 3 tonnes back in the day
>>
>>1708788
I believe it ensures that this service will only be provided to certain percentage of that population every once in a while rather than to its full extend.
Basically, it's purpose is to limit the amount of Services a certain race takes, in case you have a limited amount of them and would rather another race uses them more fully.

You might also just want to prevent slaves from using certain services if you don't care about their satisfaction.
>>
File: Tilapis.png (278 KB, 637x358)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>1691072
Official mod for the game dropped.today. Basically, it's the rest of the race portraits that have yet to be updated in v65, and which will be added to the game in later versions.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3202576080
>>
>>1713913
Now there's a face I can persecute! Thanks for linking it here, anon. Something about the dondos all having 1000-yard stares was really funny, but all of the new race's ports are a big improvement.
>>
can i go all humie, or do i need slaves of other races to do anything even somewhat efficiently?
>>
>>1715530
Humans are jack of all trades and can do anything. It's all the other races that need to rely on humans for their big brains.
>>
>>1713913
Before: pure charm uglykino goblinas
After: Overdone shading while still looking flat as fuck lmao trying so hard
>>
File: Dew it.png (47 KB, 1249x260)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
For those testing out the demo, your one and only sale oppertunity is coming.
>>
>>1713950
wasn't genocide patched out? as in you can't eliminate a race from the map because the last members can't be interacted with?
>>
>>1713913
top right corner from the right side looks like the chud meme
Syx has fallen
>>
>>1716671
>I hate sales but every single game I own was bought on sale
based.
>>1715530
All human is entirely valid, but slaves are hilariously easy to get and keep happy. My dwarven city has a large human population who exist solely to slave away in the research mines.
>>
Random tips learnt after reaching 5k pop with all Dondorians:
Keep your export wares production line entirely within your faction, -400k for buying coal is quite painful. Specialization is good, especially early game. Plan out your canals early on, having to destroy a bunch of your buildings in order to spread out bathhouses is really annoying. Wait until lategame to make taverns and drinks, they cost a shitload of resources to make. Leave empty space every now and then while building so you can put service buildings there later on when needed. World map is busted in so many different ways.
>>
What are the limits on the demo?
>>
>>1691072
Sale when?
>>
>>1691072
Is that game any good? Does it have any pozzed shit in it? How does it compare to Dwarf Fortress?
>>
>>1719448
It's several patches behind the actual game. That's it. No time limit. No other jank to stop you.
>>
>>1719448
There are no limits, but the Demo is an older version of the game, you won't have the most recent content additions and bugfixes that newer version ahave.
>>
>>1719460
I don't think the game has ever had a sale recorded on Steam or SteamDB.

>>1719460
The game pretty engaging. Every time I actually play it I end up staying up all night designing and expanding my city or thinking up on ways I will continue to design and expand my city.
>>
>>1716671
>>1717556
>based
He sounds like a fucking kike. Pirated.
>>
>>1719847
It’s worth the price tag, I’ve already dumped 30 hrs into it since I bought it last week. Tons or replay ability. I’d rather pay 25 bucks for a game that I’ll play for hours, than some triple A bullshit for 70. I see where you’re coming from, it being 32 bit dogshit graphics wise. But the game systems are really good for a one man show.

That’s the end of my shill rant. Absolutely love this game as someone who came from rim world and banished.
>>
>>1720237
Honestly? I don't even care about the graphics. I buy Dominions and Conquest of Elysium at full price lol, but the dev having the gall to say he buys his games on sale but won't put his game on sale except maybe once? Fuck that attitude desu.
>>
>>1720891
>he won’t put his product on sale
>he admits that he buys products that are on sale himself however.
>he’s got a bad attitude
>thus, that justifies stealing from someone

Absolute entitled trannie logic.
>>
>>1716671
This is such a first world centric thought, not everyone can afford full price videogames you piece of shit
>>
>>1720932
Poorfag countries already get big discounts. Stop being so entitled.
>>
File: a16.jpg (1.51 MB, 1722x1722)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>1721077
>Poorfag countries already get big discounts. Stop being so entitled.
>tfw türkish
>>
>>1720932
> why won’t he think of the underprivileged gamers in Africa!!!

Only some out of touch Eurocentric social justice armchair warrior would look at that comment and then think

>those poor people in the third world need our help guys! Muhammad’s family hasn’t had clean water in weeks.
>Quick this one man development team needs to cut into his margins for the sake of equity for all the gamers in underdeveloped countries!!!

Calling a 25 dollar game “full price” is absolutely ridiculous, and I can tell you’re terminally online.
>>
File: 45d.png (164 KB, 578x372)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>1721087
>and I can tell you’re terminally online.
>>
>>1721084
>Turkish
I’ll have sympathy for your gaming budget, when you have sympathy for Armenians.
>>
>>1721093
im too westernized to believe anything my retard government says about armenian genocide
>>
>>1721084
>can bride-kidnap a balkan peasant girl to be his wife
>is instead playing autismo simulators
It is your own damn fault
>>
File: dumb.jpg (21 KB, 485x47)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
should I just restart at this point?
>>
>>1716671
>>1720932
>>1721077
>buying
>>
>>1723463
Not really seeing any problem really without further info. People dying out due to food problem or what? Honestly the game feels the best to me when I'm scrambling trying to fix whatever disaster happening.
>>
>>1723517
I fixed it, was referring to negative tech. Had constant starvation and riots
>>
>>1723463
Reduce workers in things and focus on the essentials. The biggest happiness providers are food and housing, then toilets, wells and hearths (the latter two especially since no one needs to work them). Roll back any techs you don't need.
>>
>>1723501
Small indie devs are the ones pushing this hobby forward, making quality games instead of products designed only to take your money. If they die, only megacorps who shit on the players will be left.

These days I have no problem supporting the small guys. If the game is fun, I pay full price
>>
>>1723518
Ah, the tech thing was always happening to me as well. I just turn some off, lay off the lab workers since the starvation is actually the root cause.While its the pussy way to build up your city, but keeping food supply at least 8-10 days before accepting buttload of immigrants for lab workers or expanding industries works well so far.
>>
What is this game? Like, you build the city and then what? Does this also generates a living fantasy world like Dwarf Fortress where new stories are always happening?
>>
File: vorkia.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1000)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
Post your biggest cities
>>
>>1723919
City builder but transitions to Total War in late game. The world map is yours to conquer with competing Nations and there's a simplified management to generate tribute to feed your City and make it xbox hueg.
>>
File: 20240409172151_1.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080)
494 KB
494 KB JPG
>>1724003
>population 440
>army of 150 strong (need to work on it)
>all Cretonians pig people
>main export is opiate
>main imports are clothes and fabric (for population access)

thinking about expanding to cotton production, but having problems producing beer atm. So im going to make another brewery first.
>>
>>1719460
>Does it have any pozzed shit in it?
If you are not discriminating and doing a little slavery you are not playing optimally
>>
My iron ore deposit sucks ass, that is all
>>
>>1726606
Don't use it then. Import Iron and Dondorians and export the goods they produce.
You need to work with what you have, and spending your workforce in unsustainable ventures is only a waste of your time and their work.

Not everything has to be made at home.
>>
>>1726701
This, remember that opportunity cost is a thing. You could mine your own ore slowly or you could have the workers produce something your city is better at, sell that and buy the ore you need. Also remember that every citizen costs goods in the form of food, furniture and other consumables. You want them doing the thing that makes or saves you the most money.
>>
>>1728466
The only thing I always produce every run is paper. By the endgame you can easily use up 500k denaris worth of paper every day, and everyone is charging more for goods because they hate your expansionist ways
>>
>>1691348
Research food efficiency use excess to create rations for time of famine and to start an army.

Eventually, conquer some shithole, tax their food, use map to make more admin buildings for more tax power. Eventually you become a paperwork capital
>>
>>1713913
Luv the new tilapi and humans, garthimi already looked cool so it’s kinda more generic now.
Amevians look better than the weird thin neck idea they had and dondorians continue to be the ugliest mugs around
>>
File: demo1.jpg (3.59 MB, 1843x1843)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
Give me the sale already
>>
File: 1686419108545945.png (54 KB, 397x109)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
it's over
>>
>>1730398
The game is close to 1.0 anyway so it's not like a new wave of fans will upset development.
>>
the chuds are already lurking in the thread I can feel it it's over bros
>>
Todays V66 preview includes link to sseth vid, im happy for the guy his game deserves to be known
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1162750/eventcomments/7845908683582140577?snr=2_9_100000_
>>
>>1730454
>>1691072
>Hey Hey People

https://youtu.be/oucHl9NM97g?si=fKkpBNesEDEwdgw7
>>
File: file.png (430 KB, 812x251)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>1730454
Is this a new room type? Whatever it is it looks great. I still wish we could have rectangular and circular rooms though.
>>
sorry anon your not allowed to like this game anymore
>>
>>1730468
its fucking over, run for the hills
>>
>>1730476
It seems like a new room type you attach to appartment/houses/longhouses.
>>
>>1730468
lol enjoy your ssethtide
>>
>>1730523
Most people would get filtered instantly.
I tried this a week ago and barely figured out how to make a storage house.
>>
>>1730454
Good. The guy's game is almost done and this should give him a nice push financially, and in terms of getting his game out there and known there's no better publicity as before you're only going to find out about it through word of mouth. And it's not like the surge of normies is going to fuck things up for development, Jake is pretty well set on how he wants to make his game. At least Sseth didn't point out the thread like he did for Elona and sick countless normies onto /jp/, and it's not multiplayer so it doesn't devastate server culture like it did for SS13. Even if people are filtered, it put the game out there and might make it a tidy success.
>>
>>1730532
That's what they said about space station 13.
>>
>>1730633
i mean i could not care less that some fags try the game and hate it OR like it, as it still means the dev gets a pay bump, which is good for the development of it
>>
>>1730633
oh come on, they'll play once and either get filtered or lose interest and move on like usual
the few people who actually find out about the game and are autistic enough to enjoy it will be grateful though
stop doomposting
>>
>>1730633
>>1730523
>Worryiong about retards ruining your game experience in a singleplayer game.
KK
>>
>>1730520
>>1730476
It's a massage parlor where you people have sex and spread STD.
>>
that game takes a lot from Caesar 3 but adds autism dialed to the max
>>
>>1730633
Yeah pretty much. Retards here will tell you that nothing will change but now that the game is popular I can't play it anymore. I refuse to play normie games
>>
>>1730708
Congratulations. You are a hipster.
>>
spoonfeed me to pirating it.
>>
>>1730733
Imagine asking for information that is easly available in fucking reddit.
>>
>>1730709
holy millennial boomer
>>
File: 1690636105598207.png (3.53 MB, 1920x1080)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB PNG
Just discovered how to get more wood.
My anarcho-piggycalist commune is coming along nicely.
>>
>>1730891
Pig dont like stone buildings though I'm not sure how much the impact.I just build with whatever surplus I have.
>>
>>1730891
You can change the palette you draw buildings with, which is handy with pigs because they like their buildings fucked up and ruined (not square).
>>
>Tree regrowth rate halved, and woodcutter production boosted.
Its fucking over.
>>
İ wish these games just let me be comfy and enjoy smaller settlements.. i feel like I'm playing wrong if I'm not always expanding though...
>>
File: 800px-Abigail_Timeline.png (158 KB, 800x188)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>1730650
>he wasn't aware of the bullshittery that got added after Minecraft and Stardew Valley went mainstream
We have the records
>>
File: 1vaz95.jpg (28 KB, 596x598)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1730928
It's literally the meme, damn.
>>
>>1692079
How much of that is hand placed on the bottom right of the picture, which is a graveyard I think? Everything? Like the benches, the trees, the statues?
>>
>>1720932
>first world centric thought
Video games are first world entertainment. The game isn't expensive even without the sale and the creators of autism simulators have a bad habit of pricing their games very high. I think the gary grigsby games are like 90 dollars.
>>
Switched from demo so I guess I have to build round structures, but rooms themselves can be square? I thought rooms themselves had to be round.
>>
There's no way to skew world generation to make humans more common?
>>
>>1730968
The way roundness works was changed in one of the recent versions. Rather a characteristic of a room it's a global thing that looks at walls and rounded off edges emanate roundness like other environment effects like harmony or dread. You can see it on the overlay.
>>
Does this game have a functional tutorial ?
>>
>>1730997
There's a way after world generation but it takes a while.
>>
>>1731030
Pray tell. I hope it doesn't involve being mean to the other races.
>>
File: 1713228426074829.png (130 KB, 522x518)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>1731033
>be mean to other races
The dev keeps adding "racism" to the patch notes for every patch.
>>
>>1731033
Nta but you can edit it manually to have more plains and fewer mountains and forests. Warm plains are probably going to have a lot of pigmen but temperate and cold should be human dominated. Cold is not humans first choice but only race that actually likes cold is dorfs and they live in mountains.
>>
Remember. I was an og before Seth and his horde played this game.
>>
How's performance when cities get big? Is the dev autistic enough to optimize?
>>
>>1731059
Devs add mechanics that soft caps you to 10k population unless you somehow plow through constant plague outbreaks. Max I seen is 20k where every inch of the map is living space sustained by conquering the world and slaves constantly dying in the hundreds and replaced by POW
>>
>>1731062
Sounds like a fun time
>>
>>1730928
>>
File: old.gif (2.62 MB, 498x270)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB GIF
>>1731051
>game purchased 14th Apr, 2021
>>
Just got the game, its been on my wishlist for over 2 years now, when is v66 coming out, should i play now, or wait till that's here?
What's the time between updates like?
>>
File: 20240417153309_1.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
I hate my city. It's always on the verge of starvation.
>>
>>1731090
more farms
more oddjobbers
more eateries/bakeries
in that order
>>
>>1730947
nta but everything. pretty much every structure is handplaced/customizable

>>1731012
yes
>>
>>1731088
he said update is later this week
>>
hey hey people
>>
>>1731090
that should be plenty of farms, make sure you got a good amount of storage for the foods that theyre making. having a lot of food stored will attract more immigrants as well. put food stalls in high traffic areas
>>
File: SoS.png (88 KB, 954x626)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
How high will it go? Place your bets now.
>>
>>1731140
Couple of hundred humans followed by a riot
>>
File: Stronghold advisor.png (204 KB, 374x382)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>1730896
WOOD NEEDED
>>
>>1730650
The developer is VERY responsive to the community feedback. So yes, a horde of fucking retards coming in and suggesting retarded shit is a valid concern
>>
File: screaming_feel.jpg (67 KB, 598x960)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>1731092
>don't have the workforce to support more farms
>don't have the food supply to support more workforce
>>
File: 20240417193443_1.jpg (819 KB, 1920x1080)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
Make it stop
>>
>>1730928
She got so much fatter, holy shit.
>>
>>1731269
Slavery.
>>
>>1730896
hopefully it wil be an acceptable tradeoff, trees regrew like weeds so i think its sensible as long as the woodcutters dont still suck ass
>>
>>1731271
>making them live with disgusting subhumans
this is on you
>>
>>1730928
>>1731332
>omg why is the "alt" teehee gamer girl a fat bluehair???
come on now
>>
>>1731499
Humans are like the lest racist race in the game
>>
>>1731506
>expecting women to look like women is le bad
no, you come on now
>>
I WILL make another game playing as lizard people and genociding every other race that dares to live anywhere other than cold mountains.
And you can't stop me.
>>
How important is is to satisfy the "roundness" need?
Having multiple races seems like a pain, since they will be constantly around materials, construction etc they dont like.
>>
>>1691072
How do you even play this
I got filtered
Like how do I even move my units
I felt like I clicked everything... And tried everything... Except reading
>>
Is it possible to play with a single race in this game or is every race terrible at something?
>>
>>1731765
Lizards are the best at most things. The big races require a functioning city and often are quite shit at something.
>>
>>1731765
Human's drawback is high insanity and crime, but they're decent at most jobs and they excell at research.

Lizards are the race of choice for racists.
>>
File: file.png (98 KB, 677x170)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>1731734
Races have tons of needs but each one only gives a small bonus towards overall happiness so you can go without roundness and still succeed. However, I think you can just assign races to work in the areas you have round buildings and they should move into the closest house. I haven't played in a couple updates but I'm pretty sure that should still work.
>>
>>1731752
By units, do you mean troops?
Because you don't control your citizens directly.
You assign available jobs to be taken by certain citizens and they will take them. If you don't have enough citizens for the amount of jobs you have, then those jobs will go undone.
You need plenty of 'Oddjobbers' if you want stuff to be built in your city, either that or assign specialized building jobs.

If you mean troops, you need to first train your citizens in the barracks, create a military formation and (optionally) out fir it with weapons and armor. Then it will be selectable and available for you to control in the military tab.
>>
>>1731752
Kill yourself
>>
>>1716681
nydailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/migration/2023/07/07/WD2LU4257JEXBPTGG3OURLKYEU.jpg
bmd.
>>
File: 1684793054222294.png (2.12 MB, 1920x1080)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
ummm
what the fuck is this?
>>
>>1731817
Well, I hope you have a really strong army.
>>
File: file.png (2.68 MB, 1374x930)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>Try to deliberately make an actual city
>It's still a grid
just fucking kill me at this point
>>
>>1731819
are you serious or just memeing me?
I barely touched a surface ore deposit and instantly got it
>>
>>1731821
>I barely touched a surface ore deposit and instantly got it
RNG is a bitch sometimes. At least your city is still small, so you're not gonna lose that many hours of gameplay.
>>
>>1731823
what is gonna happen? I can't find anything online
>>
>>1730633
The ssethtide was the thing that breathed the last life into SS13. Afterwards, it was all troons and faggots, who all collectively HATED the ssethtide because his viewers loved saying nigger.
The ssethies delayed the current state of the game by at least two years.
>>
>>1731825
Nothing. It's just a random event that turns one guy insane.
>>
>>1731825
Nothing. Thats the joke.
>>
File: votv_posters_v3.png (70 KB, 360x576)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>1713913
why the fuck do they remind me of arirals now
>>
So the Demo is the full game, but 3 updates behind?
How much content is in those three updates? Would I be missing a lot?
>>
File: GLEC0bAWUAA37Na.jpg (142 KB, 1284x903)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>1731834
>Would i miss out a lot?
ignorance is bliss
>t. blissful ignorer
>>
why is the default human sprite depicting Asmongold?
>>
File: city2.jpg (3.83 MB, 1721x1699)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>1731820
Try spending the time to make things diagonal, or free paint with roads and fit the buildings in alongside it.
>>
File: 1710699384001448.png (50 KB, 393x355)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>1731825
>everyone just not telling this poor anon of the consequences
>>
>>1731817
keep digging and find out idk what it is either but am curious
>>
>>1731825
Bug people, but I also got that event and I’m pretty deep in my dwarf play through. Still haven’t seen them.
>>
File: 1693618273391439.jpg (59 KB, 670x671)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>my noble has no dedicated bedchamber therefore he chooses to sleep on the streets (there are dozens of empty apartments available)
>>
>>1730733
the demo is literally the full game from 2 versions ago
>>
>>1731820
the freehand brush tool is your friend if you want a more realistic look. make curving arterial roads to areas that will eventuall generate a lot of traffic like mines or fertile farm areas and then build around the roads
>>
Hey hey people
>>
File: file.png (14 KB, 457x78)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>1691072
This scared me shitless
>>
>>1730398
unironcally brought it after his video. Feels like it could be what I'm missing in DF
>Huge map, huge pop, good eco
I feel like my tism will be the mega project aka making peak cities.
I assume mods will introduce things like roaming monsters/bandits or something.
>>
>>1731952
LMAO
Reminds me of, but could never compare to Black and White 2 whispering your own name in the middle of the night to scare you shitless into going to sleep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7gHotESbZo
>>
File: file.png (108 KB, 345x435)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
What the fuck is their problem
>>
File: 1706313977984363.jpg (86 KB, 680x842)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>dig a canal around my crops
>yield doubles
>>
>Humans refusing to work in research again
FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>1731987
haven't played in a while, but last time i had a race employment problem it was either solved by fucking around with race job priorities or putting human houses nearby
>>
File: file.png (1.95 MB, 929x917)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>1732088
i have an entire human-only science town built specifically for research purposes, with their own services so that they could just do their job and fuck off, yet the fuckers don't want to do shit even if i set all other priorities to zero and keep complaining they need more toilets when there is already a brand new one that can fit their entire population right by their doorstep
>>
>>1732109
Your toilet is too small, whats the utilization rate? Make it at least 2-3 workers but just employ 1.
>>
Does the tutorial continue at any point after it says "do whatever you want" or should I start a new town if I don't want to have a pigman village?
>>
Sell me this shit.
>>
File: toilet.png (382 KB, 603x608)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>1732109
>>1732113
Pic related. I try not to go over 80%.
>>
>>1732109
>brand new toilet
>100% clogged
>no wash basins
U-huh. All right. Yeah, your humans are working hard on some "brand new" science right now.
>>
Why do some races hate to work their specialty jobs?
Like dwarves and mining, or elves and bow-making. What is a purpose of this game design decision?
>>
>>1732115
thats it.time to start a game with a real race
>>
>>1732137
They enjoy racially stereotyping others but don't enjoy being racially stereotyped.
>>
>>1732137
doesnt it say somewhere in game that they are good miners but they dont like doing it? i dunno i dont play dondorians
>>
>>1732151
>>1732154
Well, I just don't understand what game's creator wants me to do with them. Do I want to make them do job they are good at or should I avoid it because of fulfillment penalty?
>>
Is this a good game? WHat's the difference from DF and RIM?
>>
>>1732161
It's got a higher level of focus. Instead of having a lot of detail about individuals it's more of a city builder that also has more detailed pops. It also has inter-city conflicts and proper wars with actual armies in formation facing off against each other.
>>
File: file.png (628 KB, 639x361)
628 KB
628 KB PNG
>>1732161
If Rimworld is Dwarf fortress mixed in with Sims, then Syx is Dwarf fortress mixed in with old Sierra city builders
>>
>>1732167
>>1732164
Overall is this game good? I heard it's written in Java which should be bad, right? I heard many people spit on Minecraft for this.
>>
>>1732158
i dont know i dont play them. play a less fussy race while you figure shit out. amevia and tilapi are great

>>1732161
its a great game. once you figure out what youre doing the addiction is insane. i dont know anything about df but its only really similar to rimworld in terms of the building system
>>
>>1732170
>minecraft
it's shitty because the swedes don't want to give it meaningful updates. Modders have optimized it greatly with no problem of it being java.
Also it runs smooth as fuck, especially compared to late game rimworld and DF.
>>
>>1732167
i def get strong caesar vibes from it
which is fantastic
>>
Alright, you convinced me.
>>
>>1732170
>I heard it's written in Java which should be bad, right?

I actually assume the opposite. A game written in a custom engine is either going to be barely functional itch.io trash (not the case here) or really good because it demonstrates a high level of raw technical competence on the part of the dev. Anyone can write another Unity game, but it's hard to do anything really smart technically in that framework.

I think the custom engine was a good choice here. The dev is able to have a simulation of 1000s unique agents without any slowdown. That's the sort of thing that requires very careful engineering and custom code.

As for if the game is fun: I enjoyed it a lot.
>>
>>1732170
It's an outdated and dying language kept on life support by jeets and ancient codebases. I'm sure there's a million detailed articles about why Java is shit and why it's dying. This game has always run perfectly for me. I'm not playing on a potato, but I have had badly optimized games chug along in the past and my CPU isn't great.
>>1732167
>>1732178
>sierra
>Caesar
Which of those games are worth playing? All of them or should I choose based on the time period? I was too young when they were released and they slipped me by.
>>
>>1732174
>tilapi
Literally one of the races in question. Good at woodchopping and making bows, but not happy doing it.
>>
>>1732158
Enslave them?
>>
>>1732181
>It's an outdated and dying language kept on life support by jeets and ancient codebases

Powerful zoomer energy here.

Half the banking system runs on Java (the other half runs on COBOL)
>>
DOES this game have an endgame or planned? I really don't like game with no clear end goal. Example: DF - bad because I got bored and dropped it. Rim / Factorio - good, because I had a clear goal I could run for, but didn't (a rocket).
>>
>>1732195
You can conquer whole world. Titles (achievements) to unlock.
>>
File: Fate_Java_12_Programming.png (2.33 MB, 1512x1512)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB PNG
>>1732170
Nah, Java is fine.
If there's something wrong with a piece of software, it's almost always the fault of the programmer, not the tools he used.
>>
>>1732150
I will do that then. I was hoping maybe there would be some more explanation of how defense works. Is there a specific size I need to start worrying about raids or is it as soon as I get the option to build military buildings?
>>
>>1732181
2 was my favorite but 3 was also good. it's been a long time though maybe things would be different for me now

>>1732211
yeah i remember wishing the tutorial was a big longer, it would have been nice if it covered a few more things
>>
>>1732181
sierra is the publisher of a number of similar historically-themed city builders from the 90s. caesar III is one of them, and it's probably in my top 5 most hours played, along with alpha centauri and some mmos. i've seen a lot of people on this board claim other games in the series are better and maybe they are, I just started with caesar and never felt the need to try the others.
>>
File: Caesar3 Augustus.webm (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>1732181
ceasar 3 cause it has fan made open source port which includes all the QoL changes like new OS support, modern resolutions, hotkeys etc, other games do not have that yet.
https://github.com/bvschaik/julius
>>
>>1732254
neat
>>
>>1732181
>should I choose based on the time period?
Honestly this, they're all good. Pharaoh is my personal favorite. Just make sure you understand the way agents and traffic work and you're golden
>>
File: 20240418194855_1.jpg (642 KB, 2560x1440)
642 KB
642 KB JPG
two questions,

A) Why does nobody want to work as a tailor in this shop?

I've got a giant pile off oddjobbers but this tailoring place remains empty.

B) What even is the difference between the demo on steam and the rest of the game?
>>
>>1732342
>A) Why does nobody want to work as a tailor in this shop?
Because you locked it, you macaque.
>>
>>1732342
demo is not current version, aside from that its full game afaik
>>
>>1732342
>What even is the difference between the demo on steam and the rest of the game?
Demo is just the full game, several versions back to the current one. You can play with it al long as you want.

Also, you locked the tailor shop down.
>>
Can I only trade one good per export spot?
>>
>>1732413
Yeah. Just get, like, ten of them.
>>
File: 20240418214314_1.jpg (972 KB, 2560x1440)
972 KB
972 KB JPG
>>1732343
>>1732373
>>1732382
Thx, turns out nobody worked in the tailor shop cause I had banned pig people from being tailors, and they were all the oddjobbers.

Btw is the army UI glitched? Seems like giving more bows doesnt give any bonuses, just results in bigger maluses to the other skills.
>>
>>1732373
This is fucking devilish with saves not working between versions, what the fuck bro I want my Jakaton back.

Atleast I can now start a new settlement that isnt forced to be pig people. Meatmaxxing with the elves worked well, think I'm gonna go with that.
>>
>>1732424
Army UI is not as intuitive as it should be in that version. It's much better in the current version of the game.

It does improve the damage you do and amount of ammunition I think.
>>
>>1732462
elves are easiest to play for me i think, they seem pretty easy to satisfy compared to humans and dwarves and theyre fairly well rounded in ability. long lifespan too
>>
File: Bows in v65.png (451 KB, 2162x1080)
451 KB
451 KB PNG
>>1732512
>>1732424
Like so:
>>
>>1716671
No -75%? No, thanks!
>>
File: hexagon city.jpg (1.32 MB, 1500x1500)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>1731820
You can mix up different grids
>>
>>1732137
I'm very good at QM, but I fucking hate the mentality associated with it, so I could never do it despite the mad dosh you can earn.
>>
Is this the kind of game where you can put sanitation upstream of farm fields, and have it be extra fertilized?
>>
>>1732137
>>1732154
There's a difference between 'being good at something' and 'actually liking to do it'.
Dondorians might be naturally good at mining, but nobody likes to the risks associated with it (poisonous fumes, cave-ins, antediluvian creatures from deep within the earth), specially now that Accidents are about to be reintroduced in the next version of the game.

Mining is one of the industries that is best left to the population that is least important to you, either slaves, or second-to-third-class citizens.
>>
Is my end goal creating a utopia of endless abundance or can I create a functional third world shithole that would make the Gini index cry without intentionally bullying people just to spite them?
I don't know why but I've really got a thing for unfortunate pops living in filth and squalor organically just because it's economically optimal. I hate how games always force you to create some perfect society where everyone is blissful and has a mansion.
>>
>>1732568
I notice that there's a long canal.
>>
>>1732575
This seems to be too much of a micro management for this game.

>>1732578
It is safer to keep your people happy, but you can have slaves to torture and eat.
>>
>>1732578
you dont need to make a utopia but if you dont meet some standards of living you wont be able to grow beyond a certain point unfortunately. i also enjoy the things you mentioned in games that allow it. you can however have a lot of slaves and you dont really have to look after their needs much
>>
>>1732568
I see an onslaught.

Btw speaking of shapes, the building UI in the demo had a handy bar showing if the final product is considered round or square, it seems gone now, what gives?

Too many triangle shaped buildings passing as round ones?
>>
>>1732579
for public pools/bathhouses
>>1732620
>I see an onslaught.
your sensors serve you right
>>
File: Roundness.png (865 KB, 1920x1080)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>1732620
>if the final product is considered round or square, it seems gone now, what gives?
I assume you're playing v65?

The Roundness/Squareness mechanic got overhauled. It's not Square vs Circle anymore with buildings, but rather Diagonal walls now release a "Roundess" aura that counts towards the satisfaction or disatissfaction towards Roundness in the map.

This means you can have buildings that aren't perfect Squares or Rectangles, but as long as they don't have any diagonal walls you're good to satisfy Dondorians and the like. The inverse is true for races who previously liked 'Roundness'.

Pic as reference.
In the latest version there's a new Visual Overlay that allows you to more easily find and understand Roundess in v65.
>>
how can i see my housing range?
>>
Any word on if v65 saves are gonna be compatible with v66?
>>
>>1732667
Homeless Overlay below the minimap.
If a Room/Job location is in yellow it means the people working there are homeless and could use housing (and probably other services closer to their job).

>>1732670
They probably won't. Dev said that saves with different mods should be compatible within the same version, but not between versions until until 1.0, at which point all saves should be compatible onwards.
>>
Should I be building lots of small workshops? It feels like there's a lot of diminishing returns when it comes to adding a lot of workers to a shop, even though I have enough benches for them.
>>
It takes too long to get anywhere in this game.
I played 12 hours and didn't even break 400 pop.
>>
File: production pop up.png (210 KB, 1158x569)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>1732735
There is no diminishing returns in adding workers to a shop, you just need to make sure there is enough auxiliary stations to hit 100% efficiency. When in doubt, you can hold your mouse over the production to see what modifiers are affecting it, the game gives you all the information
>>
>>1732739
Youre probably just new or shit map or luck (the drought and bug eating your cows/tress, raids ) or all of them. You dont wanna expand too fast and find yourself in a death spiral. I find breaking out of 150, 350-400, 800-1000 hard as well too.
>>
>>1732748
Do I need a workbench per person or can I just pile people on until the max? I have 100 percent efficiency for all my shops.
>>
Can I change my city name?
>>
I fucking hate random generated maps because I can never settle on anything because I'll inevitably find that it's not quite right.
>>
>>1732835
You can. It is in the same menu where you do technology research.
>>
>>1731051
>still seething over that CoQ review making it gain a non-autismal NeoMarxist tranny following, and not how one of their commie devs got exposed as an actual child molester
Please ingest paint thinner until your life functions cease operation.
>>
>>1732678
Thanks for the warning. Just started non demo town on a seed and tile I really fucking like, but if the update drops this week I'll just try take note of the seed and then reuse it. Guess I'll actually do something productive this today whilst waiting for the update.
>>
Is the location isolated warning bullshit? No matter what i seem to have 2 neighbours.
>>
Can I delete the premade roads?
>>
>>1733010
can they stop you?
>>
Just launched the game and tried the tutorial, died in about 20 minutes, as the game gave me no prompts. Ran out of wood and all my people starved to death.
I started a new game not on the tutorial and its better now ive found the hunt and chop trees designations. How do i get more than 10 people?
>>
>>1733011
I mean will it stop trading? Do I need roads leading to the map edge?
>>
>>1733032
did you build more houses and accept immigrants?
>>
>>1733035
>houses
Not yet, but i can do that
>accept imigrants
Unless thats default, no, where can i check that?
>>
>>1733040
Right click on the images of the races on the right hand side of the screen. It'll take you to a screen where you can accept them. I'm 99% sure I remember them mentioning that in the tutorial. Nearly everything has tooltips and the encyclopedia is pretty comprehensive if you're stumped about anything. You have some food stores on game start but you pretty much want to immediately get working on food production. Make farms of whatever foods you started out with. Also homes and a warehouse. Make sure you have a decent cushion of whatever building materials you're using. Once you get that down you can start expanding and learn more about the game from there. I think the tutorial says to keep about half of your pop in food production. I haven't really analyzed my numbers but that sounds right.
>>
Wheres the fucking patch man?
>>
File: 1696692327010005.png (1.27 MB, 1920x1080)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
500 population.
Think I'm calling it here.
>>
Can you make houses in freeform shapes?
>>
>>1733074
No, but you can put a bunch of them in a freeform building
>>
>>1733034
they should still come. thres marker(s) on the edge of the map that represent the outside road so that should serve as a spawn point for the traders
>>
File: humans.jpg (2.25 MB, 2031x1794)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>1733071
I'm enjoying building mine up slowly, its important to focus on specific things and keep people happy while you scale up your city so you always have a surplus of spare labourers. The ring city idea took a bit of prep, and I'm trying to rebuild the original town so that its a lot prettier.
>>
>>1733125
looking good
>>
Advince for more organic settlements?
Mine are always a blocky mess that is disgusting to lookt at.
>>
>>1733210
In real life organic settlements are blocky.
>>
>>1733210
Look at some designs and come up with your own experiments. If you want to do circular walls or curved roads you can either do them free hand or use the circle drag and drop palette to first make the outline and then make a smaller circle with the delete tool, or use the free hand palette once again. Dwarves are the only race that care about squares so you can be a bit wild with everyone else.
>>
>>1733217
Can you make non-square houses?
Their presets are square.
>>
and I forgot to mention, but you can actually be pretty forgiving with space in this game, there's even a happiness bonus for having free space in your city. They also love roads and wide roads give you space to put down statues and stuff that everyone can see. Optimizing everything mega efficiently isn't that necessary.
>>
I feel like I am doing something wrong.
I'm playing the dorfs, and I am kinda stuck at about 250-300 pop.
My society is completely dependent on just as many slaves (exclusively bug people) to function. If they stopped existing, everyone would starve.
Should I just stop creating goods myself and instead import everything? I have loads of minerals like gems, but they have super low yields.
>>
>>1733221
Maybe next patch or in the full release. The best you can do for now is layer them or mix them up, or even do what the image in the first post does which is put them inside another building with hallways and stuff.
>>
>>1733223
>should I stop mining
Yes, actually, unless you're sitting on top of a deposit when you choose your location on the world map I would recommend never mining anything unless you're desperate. Focus on other industries and sell some resources to be able to import the small quantities of the stuff you need to make better buildings.

Conquering and building up a settlement somewhere else on top of a mineral or gem deposit will get you insane amounts of mined materials, especially if you set every other culture than Dondorian to genocide : ). The current version doesn't seem to punish you for genociding races in your conquered settlements despite saying it will cause problems.
>>
What's the strategy on multiculturalism?
Taking in races that like each other and the region you settle in seems optimal, right?

Can you actually house all the races without it becoming an issue?
>>
Also about races that dislike each other:
Does a race become unhappy from another race being present even if they are enslaved?
Or are slaves exempt from disliked races?
>>
>>1733241
>Can you actually house all the races without it becoming an issue?
Yes, if you segregate them into their own neighborhoods.
>What's the strategy on multiculturalism?
One or two main race, all others as slaves.
>>
>>1733222
>Should I just stop creating goods myself and instead import everything?
yes. Once you get a few hundred more slaves you can just stick them on the gem mine and sell the gems, but find one item in your world that you can produce cheaply and mass produce it for sale. Then just import everything else
>>
>>1733125
Like it, but be aware the left side is wide open since enemies can cross the shallow water. Post updates when you add a second layer of wall, I like this city
>>
>>1733269
>One or two main race, all others as slaves.
Humans, Dendorians, Cretorians should work well together.
>>
So Tilapi love cannibalism - how do I satisfy that? I need to a way to kill my population without rising too much discontent.
>>
>>1733286
Execute people for any crime.
>>
>>1733289
Crime? Execute? Do I need a military for this or something?
>>
>>1733291
You need a prison, guardposts, and then define punishments in the prisoners tab.
>>
>>1733229
What exactly is considered a "deposit"? Tiles with 100% of a resource?
>>
Are orchards worth it?

Tried a few and they dont seem all that hot.
>>
File: 1712627703484907.jpg (69 KB, 1024x971)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1732109
Update:
Turns out there is a global work priority and it does wonders if you limit the hiring pool and set it right.
I am literally swimming in the food and research right after an extinction event lmao.
>>1732113
>>1732129
I also had a luxurious gigalatrine for pigs that is always fully functional. The tiny human one was just so that they would need to walk less and keep themselves away from the main population in their little microstate.
>>
>>1733229
Well, thanks to your tip I have now wasted the whole day playing this game, and I am also filthy rich and everyone is happy. Thanks
>>
>>1733382
I found that nothing except grain is worth it desu. Of course only if your dudes like bread.
>>
>>1733382
They take a few years to get going, but yes they are better than fruit farms
>>
>>1733429
Didn't sseth said something about worms infecting it, so you need to chop and replant trees?
>>
>>1733433
It is just a random event that sometimes reduces the amount of trees your orchard has. Not a regular thing you have to do. They take a long time to grow back though, but you should have more than one orchard anyways.
>>
>>1733433
That's like saying that I shouldn't eat raw meat just because sometimes I get parasites. You get rid of them, and that's it. The long-term benefits still far outweigh the problems. It's the same with orchards vs fruit fields.
>>
>>1733442
>I shouldn't eat raw meat
I mean, can't you at least cook it a little bit?
>>
Desperately tried to beat my tendency to create robotic and grid based cities in this game by keeping spaces between buildings while and deliberately building rooms offset to those around them but I still absolutely hate what I've ended up with. Anyone have some tips for a yung blud looking to foster comfier and more organic cities? I know its still super early game but I want to nip my problem in the bud before it gets worse.
>>
>>1733466
Incorporate more diagonals on your building corners. Even one tile set in will give a nicer look.
>>1732568
this is a good example of how to add some nice shapes
>>
File: 20240419 164456.jpg (60 KB, 423x357)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1733466
Jesus Christ, you made something so much worse than a grid.
>>
>upgrading warehouses with furniture multiplies the amount of shit they can store by like a third.

holy shit. This is a fucking changer, I used to have more crates than people but no more.
>>
>>1691772
Anon, you can only pump so much air into ice-cream and market it as 'soft scoop' before it's no longer ice-cream, just as you can't keep halving the amount of flour in a cake and cutting in sawdust. Imagine the complaints if 'waste' was being simulated in order to buff input efficiencies.
>>
>>1733474
Look brother, I had absolutely no clue that putting buildings together like that would remove the visual division. Apparently they are separated by walls, but it looks so ugly how the removal of the individual roofing outlines makes it all look like one big room. It's the first thing on my list once I get back in.
>>
>>1733466
If you want to move away from block shaped buildings, use the oval painter.
You can remove space within the building to make an open air courtyard or something to create interesting building shapes. This is helpful for big rooms too, as the bigger you get, the more resources it will cost as tiles turn yellow.
>>
What's the best export fodder for the early game? Livestock?
>>
What training percentage should I put my troops at, how much untill they become fill time soldiers?

Can soldiers train 100% melee, body and ranged or are you capped to max 100?

I currently have 20 guys in decent kit, (full stack of leather armor each, some spears and shields for all). Is it feasible to think they can raid a nearby settlement that has no "armies" and 170 pop?
>>
>>1733506
I've always gone with furniture or clothes, depending on resources
>>
>>1733472
>>1733485
I appreciate the advice and will definitely be going forward with it. On the side of city planning/districting, what are the best ways to create organic city organization? I always try to have build residential areas around a town center with markets/vendors/artisans, but segmentation quickly breaks down and I end up having an ugly uniform sprawl.
>>
oh yeah it is all coming together
>>
>>1733538
Take a Superscreenshot of it.
>>
File: file.png (2.39 MB, 1151x878)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB PNG
>>1733534
Elves, with their need for *organic* shapes, can help you get into less blocky mindset. Just cut some corners.
>>
>>1733546
I'm this guy >>1732568
>>
File: 20240419193603_1.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
just got the game, I am doing the tutorial, music is comfy

what i am in for
>>
>>1733567
hours upon hours of unfathomable autism
>>
>>1733534
>what are the best ways to create organic city organization
You can simply build as you unlock or need things, though this can look messy. You can develop an idea of districts that balance your residential / production / happiness support buildings.
I typically have made the starting city the centre of production, and build small hub towns around distant resources, that feed the starter with all the material for production. I like to build the hub towns up so they provide all the necessities to keep the local workers happy for continued growth. Logistics become a pain in the dick though especially if resources a far away. As the starter and hubs grow in pop, the empty space in between gets filled with more houses, temples, canteens etc. Last runthrough I did, I tried to shift more production to the hubs to optimize raw resource flow to production buildings, as it was taking long to create and stockpile.
>>
>>1733567
Extreme frustration when you go through your first city-wide happiness issues. Shitters, news platforms, trees and torches are key to keep those fuckers happy.
>>
>>1733580
Can confirm, autism will ensue
>>
>hover over citizen thing on the right
>we want lavatories
>sure
>lavatories need furniture
>they build furniture incredibly slow
work faster or shit yourself, your choice.
>>
>canals have to be actively poomped, can't connect them to a river
Lame.
Can I just dig up river tiles to create channels around crops?
C
>>
>>1733223
I have used ore mining successfully as my main export in a 6k pop dorf town and it has worked very well. My yields however are at least 75% which is probably the minimum if you want to export it profitably. 50% might be good for personal use but anything around 25% or so is better to import.
>>
File: minerals.jpg (134 KB, 497x771)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>1733307
In light of this post here's some info for people about minerals.

Just because you have deposits in your city it doesn't mean that they're GOOD deposits. These (a) are just the deposits that are in every city so you aren't softlocked if for some reason you can't get them elsewhere. The bottom half of the image (b) shows the resources on the embark screen, which massively increases the amount of resources of those types you get when mining and makes it viable. It also increases the yield for conquered settlements on the map.

tl;dr don't mine minerals unless you embark on them
>>
>>1733657
Upgrades massively decreases workers required.
>>
>>1733667
I wouldn't bother with the second upgrade if you don't have the maintenance reduction tech

>have to pay gears upfront and then maintenance in gears forever to free up two slaves that probably won't ever pay this back
Late game you already potentially spend 100k on gears a day if you don't produce them just to maintain shops
>>
>>1733657
Im confused on how they work, does it just stack or does it just copy pasta the water up the line?

If so do people just have like 20 poomps all in one area?
>>
I cannot find the tech for upgrading warehouses. help.
>>
>>1733684
There's no tech. You can upgrade them upfront. You just need the Furniture for it.
>>
What are some essential first techs to aim for?
>>
>>1733704
Hunters are great. And cheap.
>>
>>1733704
Pick a food type that vibes with your map and race choice and immediately put a few levels on it to increase your production, don't bother with other food types until you have at least 1k people
>>
>>1733707
Map has fruit & veg. I'm going mostly humans with a few Dendorians & Cretorians since apparently humans are lazy criminals
>>
>>1733708
>apparently humans are lazy criminals
Humans are a 'smart' race, good administrators and scientists. Other two are better at manual labor.
>>
File: 1713343965322474.jpg (117 KB, 800x671)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1733709
I figure I'll have them toil the fields while the humans do the hecking science
>>
Why does my speaker have tons of shit surrounding him?
>>
>>1733717
your pigmen started throwing their feces at him (its a good thing)
>>
>>1733466
start with some basic road planning and build around that if you want to be more organic
>>
>>1733718
I don't have pigmen
>>
>>1733709
Is there any limitations on what type of work slaves can do? Or does human nerd slaves work?
>>
>>1733779
Human slave researchers and teachers is totally viable. Slaves are really OP right now given how little they require, though I imagine it'll get tougher when more dissent gets added.
>>
>>1733707
I tried doing it like this but I'm struggling with getting enough happiness to get more than 300 people.
>>
File: 20240420101428_1.jpg (647 KB, 2560x1440)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>1733784
thanks.

Btw regarding the mine thing that has been discussed in this thread, is it not worth it to go for this exposed vein of greenstuff?

Is it because when I hover over it the "deposit value" is something like 13% on average, and I guess that's low.

On the map I also got some Ore deposits, but there the "deposit value" is around 75% Does that make it worth to go for?

Any good rule of thumb on this? Beyond using slaves to mine.
>>
>can only build in squares and rectangles
soulless
cultures or settlers mogs this meme game
>>
Seriously struggling to understand the point of irrigation
>all that manpower poomping
>barely increases yield at all.
>>
i am very sorry that sseth made a video about your game and your comfy threads are now ruined anons
>>
>>1733829
they're largely unchanged aside from increased activity, more new people asking questions, and a lot more people showing up to go "haha youtube man, game ded now"
>>
>>1733819
>all that manpower poomping
I didn't even check or notice that it requires constant pumping. Is this a new patch thing or am I retarded? Also could be that my channels were pretty small. In all my games so far I've settled in river areas so I've only used it to extend fertility by a little bit, thinking it was free.
>>
>>1733819
Are you trying it on high or low fertility soil, maybe there's a difference?
>>
>>1733819
probably worth it if you're farmmaxxing
>>
Will it ever have harbours?
>>
When it says my bread will sell for 0 is it really 0 or is the display rounding down for the sake of simplicity? I have enough surplus that I'm wasting food and I want to know if It's worth selling or if I should just take people off of bakery duty.
>>
>>1733871
Just give the extra bread as ration for them if no one is buying, had problems with selling my gems as well even at low/med/high price. I think they are bartering too since somehow my gems are selling when I'm importing stuff at the same time.

>>1733819
A smaller 95% fertility farm can yield almost as good as a huge ass 70% farm, so you would save your manpower for another 95% farm and other industry.
>>
Alright I think I gave this game a fair shot but it doesn't click with me
>start
>get spoilage tech and start stockpiling food
>mostly bread and fruit
>hit about 300 citizens
>start mining at my mountain settlement with 40% deposit metal
>stall out and can't get metal
And that is about how it ends every time
>>
>>1733802
The reason its not worth it is just because you'll end up throwing 100 people at it, upgrade it twice, and see you're getting such an infinitesimally small amount you'd have been better off selling something and buying it instead. The best way to get those resources is, currently, conquest and turning those regions into mining settlements.

to all you niggas if you WANT a MINING CITY then SETTLE YOURSELF on RESOURCES, otherwise your gains will be too small. Work on producing what you can at scale and then sell that shit. Hell, even selling wood gets you a decent amount of money.
>>
>>1733875
>40% deposit metal
I dont bother with anything below 70%, its a black hole of resource. I do have two shit below 50% ore and a coal mine that I turn on as emergency supply when no one is selling.
>>
Should I train my guys in both melee and ranged?
>>
>>1733879
I don't see any of those so it just raises the question of how I import metal when I have no money and the price is so high. Maybe I'm skipping a step but I need metal for the guard stuff I unlocked but the game offers no clear way to get metal unless I dedicate huge amounts of space to pastures.
>>
>>1733882
The guard posts just need armor. You can make makeshift armor with leather instead of metal. Still requires hunters hunting a leather bearing beast or pastures though. I think pastures are generally worthwhile though. The produce is usually good to sell and the map is large enough that I usually have lots of empty space for it.
>>
>>1733883
What this anon said, pastures are a fairly decent investment. They aren't dependent on fertility and as well as their primary resources they also produce the livestock resource, which sells pretty well. Garthimi can become busted with bug ranching techs they get too.
>>
>>1733882
Look at the strength of your map. A river means you can spam farms, meat,egg,opium, a mountain range means you can try farming mushrooms .You can scale down those stuff when things settle down a bit. Try manually clear cutting forest as well, and sell them. Stones too but they dont regenerate so I wont recommend that.Selling furniture works too.
>>
How much worse are humans that pigs/dwarfs at labor?
>>
ah there was a sale and some streamer (youtuber?) played it, was wondering why this thread was more active lately
>>
>>1702098
and your chink hive wont last 50 years
>>
What was that shit about walling? Do you need to build a normal house and then surround it with additional city walls?
>>
>>1733913
Houses come with walls, some anons add additional walls for aesthetic purposes.
>>
>>1733911
If you don't get 10k pops and conquer the map in 50 years you are roleplaying and shouldn't be asking 4chan how to minmax your food production
>>
>>1733875
>Stockpiling bread.
Bread spoils within the year and it's literally the worst foodtype to accumulate to as food spoilage. You should only produce as much bread as your pops are gonna produce, since it requires a bit of an investment compared to everything else.

If you want the hasppiness bonus from having vast reserves of food stored abandon the Spoilage techs and research Ration Packs. Forbig your pops from actually eating them and store them to bring up your reserves.

You're not just wasting resources, but manpower as well otherwise. Same for mining in a location without proper mineable deposits. You don't need to make the minin room as large as the deposit at first, just cover the most efficient places within it if it really is worth the manpower investment.
>>
>>1733987
>You should only produce as much bread as your pops are gonna
consume.
>>
So, new update next week ?
>>
None of my human oddjobbers are moving into homes and I'm not sure why. They're just bitching about not having homes. Is there a setting somewhere to forbid certain jobs from living in certain buildings?
>>
>>1734004
The homeless overlay, and the housing permissions. I suppose first make sure that humans are allowed to use the houses
>>
Slave armies when?
>>
>>1734010
This is a game, not a USA simulator
>>
>>1733893
Depends on the labor. Pigs are bad at crafting shit, for example. Press a question mark in the game and look at detailed articles for each race.
>>
Are pastures a trap? Seems inefficient compared to farms in 100% fertility.
>>
>>1734017
They are good. I think they are also affected by fertility now, not to mention they also produce meat, livestock which can be sold pretty good.Also good for the food variety bonus.I'm human only though.
>>
>>1734017
Dunno, but I got the same feeling. Feels like they aren't only worthless, but actively harmful because they tie up your workers for a net loss. I only played the dorfs so far tho.
>>
>>1734017
The pig pastures and globdiens always have me swimming in meat. If labor is being tied up make smaller pastures or go get slaves
>>
File: 20240420190843_1.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080)
459 KB
459 KB JPG
>nooooo you need reasonable density for a mining operation!
>it's inefficient to mine a 14% deposit!
Cowards, all of you.
>>
>>1734017
They are pretty good especially when you play as Tilapi since they don’t require much fertility and give you livestock as a bonus product. You can also slaughter animals to get extra food during harsh periods so that’s another plus compared to farming
>>
>>1734030
based autarky enthusiast
>>
File: round4.jpg (2.21 MB, 1554x1204)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Going round
>>
>>1734030
I had one silthion ore similar to this but bigger at 40 something people. Legit feeling JUST from waiting for what I think a year to get a couple of rocks, and its not selling too.
>>
imagine farming

lmao couldn't be me
>>
I love seeing my massive wheat fields being harvested
>>
>>1733615
Some races are better at making furniture than others, cretonians (pigmen) are worthless beyond food and oddjobs desu
>>
>>1734018
>I'm human only though.

I seriously hope this means you only eat humans.
>>
What do I want to look for when choosing a spot to start my game?
>>
Did they make it so that raw produce isn't the only viable industry yet?
>>
>>1734149
Depends on the races you plan to employ. Mainly temperature. Mountains for dwarfs and bugs, forests for elves, water for lizards… Well, water is also good for irrigation in general.
Additional resources good if you plan to mine a lot, but it is not a popular job.
>>
>>1734030
>0.02
the average worker is like
>damn I just need to work 50 days and I'll produce a gem
>>
Guess I’ll try this indieshit demo
>boot up the game
>be met with an absolute soul of a main menu
Damn, guess I’m buying.
>>
File: 20240420192058_1.jpg (769 KB, 1920x1080)
769 KB
769 KB JPG
jesus, those are some crazy bitches. I just wanted to play defender of the forest.

I assume I need to build an army and attack my neighboors to get some prisoners.
>>
>>1734221
>different shrines next to one another
Did you check if the followers don't hate each other?
>>
>>1734073
Honestly Cretonians being the default choice and the tutorial race is a huge noob trap. Like, sure, they make it so it's harder to fuck yourself with starvation as long as you farm a little bit but you it makes actually progressing further way too hard for new people.
>>
>>1734234
I just made a new game with the pigs...
>>
>>1734234
It barely matters when trade exists.
>>
>>1734235
You mix other races in, not a problem.
>>
Is there any point in me playing right now if v66 is right around the corner, and old saves will be incompatible? Unless i got that wrong.
>>
>>1734171
Indies games are pretty much the only soulful left in the industry.
From main menus to UI they have everything that AAA lack.
>>
>>1734235
HogCHADS are pretty good early game. Get some dorfs for your industry late game and you’re all set
>>
>>1734246
The old saves won’t be compatible so better wait till the patch is out
>>
File: 20240420203541_1.jpg (687 KB, 1920x1080)
687 KB
687 KB JPG
>>1734231
My settlement is 100% tilapis, I didn't find any info about citizens hating each other based only on religion.
>>
>>1734246
Around the corner for indie devs can mean either next week or next year
>>
>>1734234
They are easy to please, get along with humans and not dorfs and cover one of the most basic types of production, so I think they are perfect for a tutorial/noob race, it's more the tutorial dropping you before explaining the differences between races (most a fault of being EA and not 1.0), if the tutorial went like:
>build a carpenter
>look at your production; It's GARBAGE, pigger trotters sucks at holding hammers
>Thankfully some humans want to join our city
>See how much better they are at industry?
>>
>>1734265
Do you need to tell certain races to do certain things or will humans just pick up the lab positions, pigs farms, dorfs crafting etc
>>
>>1734269
Is that a question? I'm still new to the game but each race seems to pick the most appropiate job for it, so cretonians work on food, humans on labs and industry in my experience
>>
>>1734269
You can set job priorities and housing them closer to the workplace will also encourage them to work the job you want them to
>>
>>1734272
>>1734278
Thanks
>>
>>1734269
>>1734272
You can change all that in preferences, including separate ones for slaves of each race.
By default races will have them set in a way that will sort of accomplish that there's overlap and if there's not enough of them the others will fill in. Take note race's efficiency and aptitude at something are completely different, so certain races might be good at something but hate doing it. Spider people hate doing anything except working in human butcheries IIRC.
You should probably fiddle with those settings (also housing is important) at some point beacuse the default ones aren't really optimal for mixed societies because you REALLY want to have ghettos for some races or else suffer 100 brawl deaths a year.
Reptilians are especially notorious for this, so I tend to build them separate fishing villages out of mud as far as possible from other people.
>>
>>1734284
I always found it hilarious that Amevians inherent xenophobia leads to arguments which leads inherently criminal humans to escalate into brawls which leads the inherently eight foot tall battle lizard to bite the inherently squishy humans head off.
>>
Hmm, what are the pros and cons of mono-human and mono-dwarf populations?
>>
>>1734306
Humans are decent at everything I think, they and excell at Research. The only downside is that you're really gonna be investing into Security, Law and Healthcare with them because of their propensity to crime and madness.

Dondorians are excellent craftmen, but suck at agriculture and ranching, and they hate academia and research. You're gonna struggle getting higher techs, and you'll have to import all of your food by selling the goods you craft.

Both being monoracial cities will have the drawback that, if you want your city to produce mineable resources, you will have to get your core (and only) race to do so, which every race hates to do.
>>
>>1734306
Human: no real cons. The best isolationist race

Dondorian: hard early game, lackluster researcher
>>
>>1734306
>humans
>you miss on +40% bonus production other races get for their specialties

>any other race
>you will need to enslave humans to work on your labs and libraries or suffer inefficient research
>>
>>1734156
Raw produce isnt viable
>>
>>1734231
>different shrines next to one another
This is bad?
>>
>>1733913
When you build a building, you can choose whether or not to surround it with a wall. Obviously you want to do this, otherwise the building will suffer the isolation penalty. This happens if you put too many doors in as well. You can build in mountains without requiring walls, as the 'mountain' blocks act in its' stead. SSeth is just a retard that somehow turned off auto-wall building, so all his buildings were falling apart.
>>
>>1734347
Sseth almost certainly has some kind of hyperfixation retardation. Anyone can figure out that the AI is retarded and can be cheesed with mercenaries, but only the most absolute madmen have the patience to siege every single settlement on a full size map
>>
>>1734349
Sseth is mentally retarded enough to understand what a lot of mentally retarded people want to see in a video game review.
>>
>>1734349
It’s just normal autism
>>
>>1733802
13% is too low for sithilion. 75% ore is very good for a main export, especially if you use dorfs or bugs to mine it.
>>
>>1734306
Currently at a 6k pop mono-dwarf town. Main problem is that growth is slow since it is immigration only with no hatcheries. Biggest pro is the massive boost to industry buildings, another pro is that you can just build squares everywhere and everyone is happy. Missing out on human research bonus is a bit annoying too but doable. They are very low crime, I barely have to make any law buildings.
>>
>make trade deal with local elf neighbor
>do some one-off exchanges as well
>all that supposedly raises their opinion of me
>elf bitch queen demands free grain because I forgot her birthday or some shit
I should've known better. Fucking knife ears.
>>
>>1734380
That’s what you get for making friends with tree hugging cannibals. Get some mercs and turn those elves into leather coats
>>
>>1734380
Never accepted that, never have seen consequences
>>
>>1734357
Mining is only viable for bugman. If you play as any other races just build an actual industry
>>
>>1734385
If you are refining and have a decent density source in your map you will want to mine the raw input before considering buying it on the market
>>
Are tilapi all female? Why are they named after a fish species?
>>
Is there a good display to show me births vs deaths? I can't really tell how many nurseries i gotta build to have a positive replacement rate.
>>
Just started a new game after the tutorial guy left. Not pictured: a big grain field far off on a nice fertility spot.

I really like the music.
>>
>Pull your pants up
But I'm not wearing any
>>
How do i stop janitors from repairing old roads that world gen made?
Also how do i get imports? I set up an export and import depot, made some trade agreements. I have sold some stuff, got money, but nobody is giving me bread or grain i want imported.
>>
Do restaurants increase efficiency?
>>
>>1734409
its pretty comfy
>>
>>1734432
There are enable/disable maintenance commands in the building menu. Maybe you don't have enough money, but you can try getting a special order and trade goods for goods instead of just money.
>>
>weekend ending
>still no new update
What the fuck man.
>>1734440
Not sure, but they gonna rape your coal supply and even might contribute to people not getting food.Keep your food stalls.
>>
I missed out on the ACS popularity, and now there isn't even a vst thread.
At least I get to experience playing this game with the temporary boost
>>
>>1734339
Wrong.
>>
>>1734380
At first I felt like those were extortions. But you actually also get gifts back from time to time.
When I was at like 50 pop, my neighbor gave me 140k. That was enough to raise a mercenary army and conquer some cities. Really helped my industry take off.
>>
File: 20240421125131_1.jpg (599 KB, 2560x1440)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>start on map with a snug fit between a river and some mountains.
>the first time I get raided they punch their way in trough the mountain in the south.
fucking dickheads
>>
>>1734500
I remember once playing bugmen on like 80% mountain map and chilling it in the caves enterietly isloated only to have the invasion spawn on the farthest edge and dig a huge retard tunnel that would then take years to fill in.
On one hand I like the game is proofed against cheesing the invasions with walling off the edges, on the other hand I sort of expected mountains to be more impenetrable and that if anything the AI would actually go the way that requires the least digging.
>>
You can do mountain cities ?
>>
>>1734509
I'm just assblasted they didnt use the road next to the river.

The even managed to dig through a coal deposit I one day plan to fill with slaves.
>>
Can you run a nursery of a slave species or does it "turn off" once they have less citizens than 20 of that species?
>>
>>1734512
Yes, and Dondorians love mountain homes
>>
File: Mountain example.png (2.22 MB, 1360x768)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
Can someone more experienced tell me why immigrants lower the happiness/loyalty of the population temporarily? I've noticed that after accepting immigrants the happiness drops and picks up after a few days. Is it because they don't come with fulfillment of services/food?
>>1734512
Yeah, one example city is a dorf fortress built into the mountain, both dorfs and bugs love their mountains
>>
>accept a bunch of immigrants
>drought pop up
it was nice knowing ya fellas
>>
>>1734522
It's actually in the population needs, the more your city is made up of immigrants the less happy everyone is.
>>
>>1734524
Except for the dorfs, since they are magically created and can only ever be migrants
>>
monorace is the only way to live, mixing populations is just annoying
>>
File: 1671315135571987.jpg (27 KB, 458x512)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>start on a map that's 80% forest
>wood sells for 20 gold
I'm gonna be so fucking rich.
>>
>>1734522
no one likes immigrants.
>>
What exactly do libraries do?
Are they a more efficient version of labs that eats paper?

Even after upgrading my labs with metal they're still like 20% of my entire workforce.
>>
>>1734522
What? You don’t like street shitters and child rapists to enrich your city’s culture? You bigot!
>>
>>1734542
They improve labs.
>>
>>1734542
Get them, you gonna be swimming in tech points. Shit is usually pretty hard to unlock for me, trying to rush them would meant the dumbass lab people striking and the usual famine happening (because I put almost 30-40% of workforce trying to unlock it)
>>
>City semi collapses
>Recover
>Something mysteriously eating up all my furniture, double my previous production, it's still being completely drained somehow
>>
I love piggers, they're the perfect serfs and leave more time for the more motivated races can advance technology and kill each other in costly wars.
>>
>>1734564
Are you allowing your population to use the furniture? It can really drain your production
>>
>>1734568
I was allowing them the same amount before.
>>
File: 20240421114849_1.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>1734231
shit, I think you were talking about this, right?

>>1734340
trying to figure out as well, but looks like they do
>>
>>1734542
someone did math and above 200 labworkers its a benefit below its not. its exponential with how much more labworkers u have. u wanna get libraries before u add 100 more labs
its also going to reduce the techloss. so u can go several years on half tech workers as u unlocked things. if u need a buff to industry or war.
>>
>>1734613
desu u should just outright ban the worship of the extremist religions they have no benefits. some more slave loyalty u can get that witha few toilets and some 5% day off
athurianism is the only important one to buff industries
>>
>>1734542
>above 200 scientists it is beneficial to have librarians
>as you go over 500 workers the ratio should be around 60% scientists and 40% librarians for max science per worker
>>
How’s the performance of this game on steamdeck? It seems like a really comfy game to play on the go
>>
>>1734617
Bans can make them convert to another religion? What is the point of banning as opposed of not just building their temples and shrines?
>>
>>1734686
Temples are really expensive megaprojects, so having 1 or 2 religions only can be useful for that reason.
>>
When is a good time to transition to breeding over migration?
>>
When is the right time to introduce other races into your single-race city?
>>
>>1734750
Who could be behind this post?
>>
>>1734750
As slaves? As soon as you can
As citizens? 1000+ population, and only in small numbers in specialized ghettos near their place of work
>>
>>1734780
Why?
>>
>>1734782
So you can get a large stable base of your main race before adding in satisfying the needs of another race. Trying to satisfy two races at once when you are just a tiny village is a pain in the ass. It's better to do so when you have many more resources at your disposal.
Slaves are fine early though because they just need any kind of food and basic services. Just make sure they don't outnumber your citizens by too much
>>
>>1734787
I mean currently I'm working with a small number of dwarves.
Their growth is just painfully slow if I do a monoculture.
>>
File: Slaving pigs.png (2.18 MB, 1360x768)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
>>1734519
Just tested it, enslaved ~100 cretonians. Breeder is still being worked by tilapi, but the text seems to say that the building will not recieve maintenance from the janitor (?). I wonder if the cretonians will also be slaves or plebeians.
>>
>>1734791
Grab some humies, dwarfs and humies are best friends.
>>
>>1734791
When you unlock breeders+prisons you can
>set up a prison
>set Garthimi to be prosecuted as a race
>set their punishment to 100% slavery
>set up garthimi breeder
>as soon as they become adults, they go to prison and become slaves
>use them for all menial labor while your dwarves do crafting
I use garthimi for this since they grow extremely fast
>>1734519
Yes, you can. As above. They are free as children, and you just need a prison to throw them and the slavery building when they become adults
>>
File: Law of the free womb.png (1.36 MB, 1360x768)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>1734797
Ok, they seem to turn into plebeians once reaching adulthood, if the race isn't being persecuted. The breeder is suffering degradation and there doesn't seem to be new cretonians being born.
>>
>>1734748
Do people really do this? Its my first time playing and nurseries seem to be painfully slow on top of the resources they need.
>>
I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time.
I have to say though, everything in the world map layer is broken to the point where interacting with it just feels like an exploit. You can explode a vassal's population and get infinite grain for basically no effort or investment.
Bandits don't even attack when it says they're going to send their army at you, they just march away.
>>
>>1734822
nice city, love the castle on the island
>>
Do Dendorians really like caves?
I can't find anything in their stats that suggests it.
>>
>>1734862
Yes, look into their room/material preferences. They prefer rock walls but even better are mountain walls
>>
>>1734864
I know, but I mean in the stats that make up their happiness/loyalty.
Can't find a numeric value in there.
>>
>>1734822
Do you have any natural ressources, or was a good river the top priority?
>>
>>1734822
looking good, but why have the faster road on the edges instead of in the middle
>>
How are you supposed to build a city grid when fertility is spread in random spots?
I can't plan everything from the start.
>>
>>1734892
>build a farm
>build a small warehouse nearby
>build some houses nearby
>start building the rest towards no fertility area
The only problem I see is when you unlock new types of buildings and can't put them in the middle of a city, but you can just leave some empty buildings for the future I guess
>>
At the rate I'm going my entire city is just going to be one big pasture.
>>
>>1734889
Went for the modern day asphalt street look instead of the fantasy paved footpath look
>>
>>1734818
Well there's got to be some reason the feature exists, right?
>>
>>1734818
>>1735000
You have no choice but to use nurseries, eventually, because, at some point, you'll run out of immigrants. Personally, though, I make nurseries long before that point, because it gives you more consistent growth, with faster education.
>>
>>1735004
How do you balance population growth without manually getting immigrants?
>>
>>1735008
It balances itself out. If you keep the same amount of nurseries for long enough, you get to a point where citizens die and are born at the same rate, so your population remains stagnant. At that point, you can just add more nurseries to grow more.
>>
>>1735008
Once your population drops below a certain number immigrants start showing up again
>>
I have a clay pit that is supposed to give me +24 units a day (according to the tooltip), but I can't even keep up with a pottery that uses 10 units a day. wtf is this? Some logistic issue?
>>
>>1735068
Each workstations in the pottery (and other industries) will have their own internal raw material stockpile and its not treated like its in warehouse (global resource count).
>>
>>1735153
Forgot to add, you can zoom in on the individual workstation to see them yourself.
>>
>>1734873
The tile had clay but it just wasn't profitable.
>>1734889
They prefer travelling on the edges because it makes the route shorter.
>>
>>1734533
>start on a map that's 80% forest
How long does it take for trees to respawn?
and would mass foresting crash the prices?
>>
File: cretonian city wip.jpg (2.7 MB, 1282x1282)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
Current state of my pigmen city. Went for a mostly structured town center layout that I plop down in places that have fertile soil in roughly the right place, then put farms on more fertile soil nearby and am starting to squeeze industries in between.
>>
Dev said that v66 is releasing today
>>
>>1735260
b-but I just started a world...
>>
File: isekei.jpg (1.63 MB, 1930x1444)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>1735260
I'm busy making my isekei city he can't do this to me
>>
>>1735260
What's in it?
>>
>>1735260
man, i was about to start a game now...
>>
>>1734686
>>1734746
Can you really convert people?
>>
>>1735292
Yep, with temples (not shrines).
>>
File: isekei2.jpg (3.94 MB, 3948x3023)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB JPG
every time I get a little further the signs of long narrow building clustering and asymmetry stress me out
>>
>>1735227
I used the woodcutter building. I'm selling enough wood for 3 out of 4 export depots to be filled to the limit at all times and it's still not enough to reduce the price of wood below 18.
>>
File: 1710956932710075.png (185 KB, 568x229)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
It's live?
>>
>>1735385
Not for me.
>>
>>1735392
yeah, it seems like it's just the beta out
>>
>just got to the part where I'm gonna conquer my neighbour and start interacting with the rest of the world.
>dev said "saves might be compatible between 65 and 66"
Uhhh
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1162750/view/4186734162838053539?l=english
>The shitty microphone
>The background noise.
>The raspy/nasally voice.
>The inane ramblings of a madman.
Yup. It's Song of Syx devblog video time.

>>1735385
As a Beta. You can enable it to try it on game properties from Steam.

>>1735398
It's always like that. Saves have never been compatible between versions (until now apparently?), and saves didn't use to be compatible between modlist changes until the latest version of the game. If it's about to change that will probably mean that next content additions to the game will be more small tweaks and coming features will be more modular.
>>
Anything I definitely shouldn't bother making myself? I'm going to need cut stone soon but the masonry building requires a lot of metal I don't have.
>>
>dev got filtered by his own game
That was funny.
>>
>>1735424
clay and pots seem like shit to make yourself. Similiar with growing cotton and weaving fabrics, I found it better to just grow other crops on the fertility.
>>
>>1735424
Grain and other farming stuff, if you have enough taxation to make up for it.
Also, don't mine anything below 70% yield (or farm anything below 70% fertility). It's a pure net loss.
>>
>>1735428
I don't think my map has a single resource at 70%. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>1734805
Just a correction, it seems that they are being born, but I don't know if the new patch will change it
>>
>>1735417
>Try the beta to see if my save is compabitle
>crash on load.
So it is. I also went a bit over enthustiastic with the mods. Never should have gotten that musket mod.

I'm still too in love with my little river city. with it's ore, fertility and coal (that I havent gotten too because the deposit is a million miles away but hey it's 70%+).

I'll do some warring to learn how that works properly before I can say goodbye and update. Honestly playing as the elves felt busted. Cow ranches carry you early game and then you use the leather for stuff like (light from tailors) armor and shields. And then it just carries you onward untill you got more proper shit built up.

And all your troops are fast walkers.
>>
>>1735433
You can always irrigate.
>>
>>1735424
I don't make anything other than grain. Just import everything you need.
>>
File: 1696076517097396.png (216 KB, 359x344)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
Can I make a wheat farm with grain?
>>
>>1735445
Yes, but you need a bakery to turn it into edible bread
>>
>years ago got an event from my neighbour with "hey bro can you give us 68 shirts? promise to pay you back tommorrow."
>they never paid back. Get assblasted and prepare for work.
>just before I can finish the final preparations, building an army supply beacon, they send me a diplomatic message where they give me a gift of 38k dosh.
Bro I need to war you, it's nothing personal but your fat borders block me from trading with anyone else. Why you gotta be nice about this.
>>
Anybody play the new update yet? Is it worth switching to the beta branch for?
>>
>>1735545
He says his intention is for the early game to be easier with it so I'll be trying it once I finish the dev log
>>
if I'm using Amevias is it even worth farming apples
>>
>>1735555
I'm more interested in the expanded late game. There is nothing really to do once you hit about 500 pops. The resources just keep pouring in and nobody will ever declare war on me.
>>
>>1735580
They got a malus for farming, so get some cretonians slaves I guess
>>
How do I use slaves? They're just sitting in the dungeon with the Enslave punishment but I can't do anything with them, not even sell.
>>
>>1735644
Do you have a staffed slaver? Prisioner should be taken there and turned into slaves, it doesn't have to be big, the slaves don't have to come back after being enslaved
>>
>>1735646
Didn't have one, thanks.
>>
V66 will break saves, right?
Will saves continue working if you switch to the v66 beta now?
>>
>>1691072
Do wild edibles regrow the next year? Do animals respawn?
>>
>>1735655
Yes
Probably
The price of wood seems to have been nerfed, 3/4 per unit instead of 16-21.
On the other hand early immigrants came MUCH faster and were easier to please
>>
What are you supposed to do with occupied cities in V65? Is there some sort of ideal build order for the settlement? No matter how I seem to spend my build points it stagnates and leads nowhere except a very small tax.
>>
>>1735669
Yes to the first and I’m pretty sure animals respawn as long as you dont over hunt them
>>
pastures are such a fucking meme
>>
They improved map generation so you can see more fertile open land patches on a glance.
Neat.
>>
File: file.png (138 KB, 618x449)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
What are these?
>>
Am I being stupid or can you only tax non manufacurated goods from your conquered provinces?
As in you can get wood but no furniture, clay but no potts?
>>
>>1735671
Thank fuck, in my last game I got perceptually economically fucked by the wood import prices.
>>
>warhouses have a tiny radius now
The fuck?
Can I force the warehouse to collect from the whole map again in v66?
>>
>>1735749
>>warhouses have a tiny radius now
i mean i get it from a balance perspective, its been really easy to cheese things with just 3 or 4 mega warehouses of a max size to ensure food security after you get a solid economy
at least this now forces you to make small warehouses in a slightly more reasonable amount to match the amount of food stalls and restaurants
>>
File: 1713725886028886.png (164 KB, 407x485)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
Is there any point in building a big storage inside a workshop?

I just take whatever fits and put it next to the door. Never really noticed anything from but also not something I've exactly checked.
>>
>The pathing building doesnt show the walking usage anymore in v66.
Great, now i barely know where to place paths of desire.
>>
>>1735791
But does it really expect me to build a warehourse next to each forageable node?
>>
File: Paper.png (1.33 MB, 1360x768)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>1735802
I guess it allows the workshop to work past the warehouse capacity, and stores stuff if there's no warehouse available, see pic related for example, the paper is being stored on the workshop
>>1735700
Would also like to know, just conquered my first city, but it seems that only basic resource can be taxed, and the money taxation seems very low imo
>>
>>1735803
Man, that sounds pretty buggy. I think I'll stick with the old version instead
>>
>>1735679
You might be stupid
>>
>>1735802
Depends how productive you are. I've had workshops where the storage keeps getting filled and production is stopping and starting waiting for it to be cleared. That's solved with more deliverymen though.
>>
>>1735803
Report the bug and the dev will fix it. I uploaded a save with some weird pathfinding shit years ago and he fixed it that night and pushed a patch out before the week was over.
>>
File: Untitled.png (772 KB, 934x653)
772 KB
772 KB PNG
>log in
>greeted with this
lmao
>>
What environment do humans spawn into on the world map exactly?
>>
>>1735850
Where/how do i report it?
>>
>>1735929
Steam forums or discord.
>>
>>1735693
The paler the ground is the worse fertility it has.
>>
>>1735808
Stop foraging it's passé
>>
File: Untitled.png (135 KB, 1920x1080)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
So how do you actually control exports in the new system? There used to be a nice little slider that told your workers to sell off stock when you were above X amount. Now I don't see that slider for exports anymore. Import still has the slider.
>>
>>1735959
You set the keep limit on the actual warehouse
>>
>>1735802
I'm guessing it helps with logistics.
Having a big storage at the workshop allows it to store more quantity of goods while the deliveryment are taking more to a warehouse, which can take a while if it's far away. A larget workshop storage also prevents the workshop to stop being productive for longer if for whatever reason goods start accumulating there, such as unavailable warehouses/deliverymen.
>>
oh no the update sucks (as in has some good features but is horrifically broken and makes logistics CBT retarded)
>>
File: 20240420202246_1.jpg (20 KB, 214x255)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>He made the dondorians look less unhinged
sad
>>
Neighbours ask for way too many gifts now.
>>
>>1736028
I never gave any, doesnt seem they are attacking too.
>>
>>1735949
No I mean those weird ruins or whatever this is.
>>
>>1735555
>He says his intention is for the early game to be easier
Maybe I got lucky and it is on normal difficulty but I'm 200 pop in on my second ever map.
>>
>>1735671
>The price of wood seems to have been nerfed, 3/4 per unit instead of 16-21.
Is coal equally reduced?
>>
Do I actually need a supply depot for every single item i'm equipping my troops with?
>>
Wtf is a tithe? I thought it was just feet and inches cause humans range from 4.9 to 7.2 tithe and lizards from 6.4 to 7.5, but dondorians are all like 5.9 and cretonians are all like 6.8, aren't they both supposed to be short and stocky? Why does literally everyone either weight 100 or decline to get measured too?
>>
>>1736064
Seems that way. Wouldn't be a real logistics simulator if it didn't give you a boner for keeping everything as simple as possible
>>
So, can I start a new patch or should I wait a little longer for more bugfixes ?
>>
What is the most baby way of playing the game? I want to figure this thing out, it took me like 5 minutes just to understand how to place a warehouse.
>>
>>1736109
piggers and giant veggie fields
>>
>Guys raiding my capital
How the fuck do I deploy my troops in my city? I have plenty of men but I can't use them.
>>
>>1736113
Also only 17 of my 50 troops will actually train even though there's 50 slots in my training ground.
>>
>>1736113
You just hit the battle button (upper right), select a group, give a command, and hit the muster button. I'm playing an old version though.
>>
>>1736115
Screenshot your division settings.
>>
File: 20240423211336_1.jpg (58 KB, 563x441)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1736122
There's nothing wrong with it.
Doesn't matter though, the game crashes shortly after loading now anyway.
>>
>>1735153
Didn't know about this, but still, the pottery had a redflag saying there is not enough clay, the workload was at 38% and my storage was always at zero, even after a few seasons, looks like the claypit was not really making as much clay as it said, for whatever reason.
>>
>>1736137
I kinda forgot what red flag means, I think not enough workers? Hover over the flag to see whats the problem. Either way, you might wanna make a small outpost with toilet, marketplace, house ,well, food stalls if the clay pit are too far and disable selling of clay in the market.
>>
>>1736137
To add to that, I destroyed the clay pit already and started importing, but before that I checked the internal storage and it was always at 0 or 1, the deliveryman were picking up everything. Didn't check the internal storage of the pottery back then though, but I doubt there was any clay there, seeing how the workload was so low because of the lack of clay.
>>
File: market.jpg (50 KB, 324x490)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1736154
Sounds like the market worker might be picking up all of them. Happened to my silthion ore before, coupled that with a shit deposit % I was wondering where the fuck are they.
>>
>>1735808
No, you're supposed to use haulers now
>>
>>1736260
God what a dumb system, since you cant even see the haulers range before you construct it.
>>
>>1736296
yeah I went to the devs discord just to say "this is dumb, at least make it easier to tell if you're in range"
>>
Time to say goodbye to my v65 town. It had 900 citizens and about a hundred slaves. Only grew to work 1 of the 4 planned mines.
>>
>>1736353
Your farms are kinda weird.
>>
File: file.png (1000 KB, 1920x1080)
1000 KB
1000 KB PNG
Wat.
>>
>>1736396
Ah, does it need to have a connection to the road?
Are roads the only ways you can enter/leave maps?
>>
>>1736391
The river had a zone of about 90% fertility around.
First I built farm -> orchard -> farm -> orchard along the river bank, with the farms in funny shapes to use all the tiles the orchards couldnt. Then deleted some farms for more orchards, also did some canals.
>>
Is this my imagination, or do your pops take more frequent breaks in v66 than before?
>>
>>1736407
there's a lot of bugs with the changes to everything. Sometimes workers will just repeatedly move shit around on the same hauler, and other stuff like that.
>>
>want to start up a cotton farm, but have no cotton.
>hunt some onx to get cotton, then sow it.
>>
How do I limit an export depot so it only exports excess? I'm selling wood I clearcut for lebensraum but obviously still need a lot on hand.
>>
Why do the dwarves kind like the elves, but not the other way round?
>>
>>1736514
I don't know. Why do I like this girl, but she doesn't like me back?
>>
>>1736507
On the export depot there's an orange bar at the lower part that essentially works by telling you how much of a percentage of your city's total storage capacity of a certain good do you want to sell.
SO for example. If you put it in the middle, the export depot will try and sell your excess good until your goods quantity reaches half of what you've assigned in Warehouses to it.

This is in v65.

>>1736514
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe how "Race Preference works" is that the race will only tolerate so many percentile of a particular race in your city, at which point they start becoming rowdy.
So for example, Dondorians (Tall Dwarves) might be 75% agreeable to Tilapis (Green Bosmer). This means that they will be comfortable with 75% of your city's composition to be made out of Tilapis.
But all of these Tilapis can be slaves.

I think that's how it works.
>>
>>1736515
Well, you can't compare race relations to individualist opinion.
>>
>>1736515
>>1736519
Then again, we do have that in real life too (Germans like Austrians, but not the other way around).
The real question would be WHY is it like that?
I'd expect it to be the other way round or mutual hatred.
>>
>>1736503
I wish it worked like that with animal husbandry, like, you have to capture in the wild or trade for the animals you want and have them reproduce. Instead, you can have cows produce a universal lovestock item that can be turned in to reptiles or pigs.
>>
File: syx.png (223 KB, 956x1084)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>1736517
This bar? It isn't adjustable. This is on v66
>>
File: 20240423195406_1.jpg (922 KB, 1920x1080)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
The game is so pretty bros...
>>
>>1736522
Do you actually have a Warehouse storage dedicated to that particular good (Wood)?
I've not tested how the system works on v66, but the buttons above (Int he Exporting section), might be related.
>>
>>1736523
I appreciate the perfect top-down perspective (unlike Rimworld), although some buildings can feel a bit flat sometimes.

Just be thankful you weren't here during the Shitting and Farting of previous versions.
>>
File: syx 2.png (144 KB, 765x504)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
Am I understanding this right?
>each equipped clothing value degrades by 0.5 per year
>each citizen has 2.0 clothing (ideally)
>Ergo every 16 days every citizen needs 1.0 clothing
>Ergo to keep everyone clothed you need 1/16 production of clothing per day per citizen or 0.0625/d/c
>Ergo production/d/0.0625 = citizen capacity of a tailor
>>1736527
I have a warehouse that's 75% wood 25% furniture with 80% keep limit
>>
>>1736529
>Just be thankful you weren't here during the Shitting and Farting of previous versions.
Please elaborate.
>>
>>1736532
Lavatories used to make extremely loud and constant shidding and fardding sounds
>>
>>1736535
Lmao.
From what I remember that used to be a staple of some old city building games.
>>
>>1736536
>Strange moaning and crying
>Build me a pyre so I can roast my friends upon
>*applause*
I played only a little of Zeus, yet it's stuck in my memory
>>
thanks for beta testing the next version for me
>>
>>1736535
>>1736532
There was no way to disable that specific noise without just muting the game or not using labatories at all, as well.
>>
>>1736536
God it may as well be all of Beasts and Bumpkins
>>
>>1736530
By the way for anyone else with export issues the problem was just a lack of workforce moving wood to my warehouse. Your keep limit is how you only export excess.
>>
>>1736507
See
>>1735970
I had the same issue until I followed that advice. I kinda hate the new warehouse system.
>>
Haulers having the same range as a warehouse is a bug right?
>>
My only ore deposit is on the other side of the local map, and nobody wants to trade with me.
How can i move the ore from the edge to the center of the map?
>>
>>1736673
You don't actually need ore yet. Concentrate on other things.
>>
How long until v66 hits stable? did it break anyone save?
>>
I thought he made the start easier? I've gotten constant raids back to back barely a few months apart. I had 5 different people show up with demands in the last 15 minutes.
>>
>put down like 50 pastures
>sell everything
>conquer a bunch of shit with mercs
>convert my people into full time soldiers living off the labor of the conquered people
>use the real soldiers to conquer more shit
I bet this is historically accurate to something but I wouldn't know.
>>
How to best set up a remote outpost for a resource?
>>
>want people to haul grain from one of those wild growing places
>make hauling station
>set it to haul grain
>they pull out all of my grain from warehouse instead
>it disappears soon after
brain small
send help
>>
>>1736692
It's going to break your save
>How long
Probably a while. It's buggy as fuck.
>>
>>1736692
We had like 15 hotfixes for v65 before it came out of Beta and 10 more hotfixes before v66 was released quite a while later, so it's still gonna be some time.
I'd say that v65 is in a perfectly playable state currently, although you'll have to ignore some potential exploits in the campaign map that currently exists, so if you want something much mroe stable stay in v65 for now.
Move to v66 if you wanna see and comapre all of the new stuff.
>>
>>1736755
they were environmental activists, they were setting the grain free in the wild where it came from
>>
Just let me tell you that I hate you with my entire existence. I have been playing this game without exaggeration for a week for at least 14 hours a day because I am autistic. I decided to play my first game without any type of guide until I reached 666 inhabitants, but because I neglected the control panel. services everything collapses in my first game in my current game I already have a little more than 3K inhabitants and when I am ready to start the world conquest it turns out that my troops are in training which they never finish because always when the divisions are completed A person disappears, causing the cycle to repeat itself. I've been playing the game for 3 years now and I've tried everything but it doesn't work out. I have maximum technology. I have plenty of training rooms and I'm drowning in food and weapons. I don't know what else to do.
>>
>>1736817
Just hire mercs and snowball your way across the map.
>>
>>1736817
It's not the same anon I have enough strength and supplies to easily conquer my 3 neighbors and I want to do it my way but I have this problem
>>
>>1736817
>troops are in training which they never finish because always when the divisions are completed A person disappears, causing the cycle to repeat itself
Kek'd, I had this happened even with 2 training rooms free, not a huge army too at 110 with 80% training. They are not full time soldier anyway, and maybe they died from a workplace accident or even old age.
>>
>>1736828
>Kek'd, I had this happened even with 2 training rooms free, not a huge army too at 110 with 80% training. They are not full time soldier anyway, and maybe they died from a workplace accident or even old age.

oh that explains why when I took my divisions out onto the world map it also took away my manpower
Is there a way to make them full-time soldiers or is it going to be implemented in the future?
>>
>>1736832
Set the training to 100% but you gonna need huge ass training camps and lots of labour shortage. I'm not a global warlord in any way, so I'm not sure if the world map army needs retraining.I think they only need replacement from battle deaths but I always bring them home since I'm not sure if the personnel will be replenished automatically with the main army still on the world map.
>>
>>1736834
That's what I don't understand, black, I have all the best training rooms and I have the training rooms at level 2 and my army only occupies 160 training machines so that they are working at their maximum, which I have 360 and I have all the rooms configured. To work at their maximum capacity, I thought that perhaps the troops were leaving because they did not have houses near the training rooms and they were going to work on something else. I even tried bringing various services together but nothing helped.
>>
>>1736836
Time to spam that immigrant button or nurseries and just have surplus of odd jobbers to be soldiers.
>>
How does noise work exactly? does being in a noisy area in general reduce happiness or is it just if the noise is hitting their house?
Or does the noise have to actually penetrate their house walls?
>>
>People won't stop exploding in my bakery
>>
>>1736844
I think it's mostly for houses but it could just be a thing that builds up over time.
There should be an overlay for noise in the layers tab. I'm pretty sure that walls can block noise but not completely+doors let it escape. Really loud areas like woodcutters should probably be built with walls around them if you have houses anywhere close by.
>>
>>1736866
NTA, but only some races care about noise, and dwarves love it.
>>
I'm so confused how stockpile radius works in the new update, Sometimes it builds stuff outside the radius, sometimes they won't build far away haulers.
I don't understand how i'm meant to mass gather natural resources and build stuff far away.
>>
>>1736880
It's clear there's a bunch of stuff related to the new systems that isn't implemented properly, and on top of that a lot of people are unhappy with the new logistics system generally, which is a shame because I enjoy a lot of the OTHER changes that were made in the new update. It's a beta so I'm just back to playing V65 for now.
>>
>>1736880
>>1736884
AFAIK setting a 'pull' order when using a hauler will increase the range it's allowed to travel even though the radius you can visually see doesn't change at all. Not sure if it's the same for warehouses.
According to some guy on the steam forums the dev is considering adding an option to pull from a designated area on the ground so you can tell your dudes to haul stuff from places like gathering spots etc.
Personally I think we should just have a radius bar that we can crank up/down that could cover most the map at full range so it worked just like the old system. I despite pointless micro management like setting up daisy chain haulers so I can actually harvest some fucking berries from the other side of the map.
>>
>>1736906
I can't even get them to dig water on the other side of the map. Am i supposed to just chain houses across the map to get wherever I want to go?
>>
File: file.png (1.27 MB, 1076x600)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>1736911
>dig water

If you need something built on the other side of the map you can just place down a workstation and have some people work there until the job is finished. That's how I force odd-jobbers to build things I need done quickly.
Sounds like you're on a previous version so the workstation might be named something else. Whatever it's called it should work regardless.
>>
I'm intrigued by the new mechanics reading these posts. Will try v66.
>>
File: slave gift.png (156 KB, 741x646)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>start v66 new game
>pic related
My sides.
>>
Fuaarkkk you cant cheese the raid with auto resolve now? Or you need world map army for that?
>>
How many Amevias with proper spears and shields do I need to take over a free land with 500 pop of piggers? I have 20 trained in a 600 pop town. I really need some taxes and some pigger slaves for the cotton field.
V65 with the war masters mod btw.
>>
File: 13tiles.png (1.56 MB, 1920x1080)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>warehouse has limited range
>ok gonna make a large warehouse then
>warehouse now has only 13 diagonal tiles reach
hahaha ok I'm gonna wait until this bullshit is fixed
>>
>>1736970
>5 femtoseconds after making post
>patchnotes say warehouse range increased
I kneel
>>
>>1736970
you gotta extend it with roads.
>>
>>1736979
so warehouse range is only based on roads or also warehouse size? I don't see any explanation in game for it, does road type matter for warehouse range?
>>
>>1736983
Just play v65, this warehouse shit in the beta ain't worth it.
>>
File: Capture.png (24 KB, 334x79)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Is this a bug or did my pig people just get dumber?
>>
>>1737001
You have less people doing soience so they can't keep up with the knowledge level needed. Build libraries and get more soientists, maybe some big brain human slaves.
>>
>Sell everything
>Raise mercs, occupy free city one tile over
>Make insane profit
I feel like this is going to snow ball until some big dick empire gets the shits.
But also what do with occupied territory?
>>
>>1737008
Tax the fuck out of it.
>>
File: 1632028558856.gif (1016 KB, 250x262)
1016 KB
1016 KB GIF
>>1737010
So tax, buy more mercs, keep occupying small back waters and sell shit, eventually go for bigger nations ?
Add some low level magic/mobs and this game is perfect for me once I genocide all the dirts
>>
>>1737008
mercs are are about 10x more expensive and drastically less available in v66.
>>
File: 20240424213431_1.jpg (41 KB, 629x378)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
This shit is broken as fuck
>average age 22
>the chunk of filled bars starts at age 40
>>
I currently have only pigmen in my village, if I start hiring dwarves will they take over the heavy duty jobs?
>>
>>1737051
yes
>>
>>1737054
Nice. Also, how do I decentralize food? I have my mining guys in a pretty self sufficient outpost but they keep walking back and forth to get food from storage.
>>
>>1737059
have food stalls to distribute food, the workers for them solely go to get food to put them in the food stall, plus it fulfills happiness requirements to get food from a stall.
>>
File: 1713941971629131.jpg (59 KB, 824x983)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
What if we changed pastures to require grain to feed the animals in return for being able to fit more of them in, moving towards supreme tech of factory farming
>>
>>1737108
seethe agriculturelet
>>
Is there any way to upgrade buildings? I just noticed that all my structures are made of mud.
>>
>>1737173
yes
>>
>>1737178
well, are you going to tell how to do that or...?
>>
>>1737183
Look at the access tab under your populations.
>>
>>1737173
click building, click the button to refurnish, select the building type, finalize, they'll rebuild it
>>
File: 48675.png (389 KB, 1362x1238)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>1737185
this thing? I don't see anything like that here
>>1737190
there is no refurnish button when I click a building though, they're already constructed
>>
File: 20240424103600_1.jpg (728 KB, 1920x1080)
728 KB
728 KB JPG
>>1737193
>>
>>1737193
Interior is determined by their furnishing access.
But i just realized you probably meant the external structure.
Go to build walls and then click the convert arrow.
>>
File: 4758636475.png (169 KB, 677x1128)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>1737199
It works when clicking on a production building but clicking on a house just gives me this, there's no button like that here.
>>
>>1737203
Yeah that's the thing, I got it now thanks.
>>
>750 replies
wow!
>>
How do you keep happiness up when you have a species with 6k+ population? Their demands just get ridiculous.
>>
>>1737280
are you actually making sure they all have access and not just stacking everything in the center?
>>
>>1737173
No need to refurnish. Select the wall too, then select the material you want to use, then check a box on the right side that says something like replace. Then create a box around the area you want to replace walls for.
>>
>>1737284
Trying to spread everything out but when the town gets large it gets hard to have proximity above 75%.
>>
>>1737038
One of the hotfix notes mention fixing demographics notes, maybe it has to run a while to generate correct data
>>
Are charcoalers worth it over just buying coal?
>>
>>1737318
Maybe for Tilapis, but I would guess not
>>
Why do foreigners value fish so much? They are worth more than most processed goods.
>>
>>1737318
Depends on your market.
>>
Grain is fucking shit. I'd be producing more food if I used all my bakers on fruit or veggie farms.
>>
>>1737338
No you wouldnt
>>
>>1737338
yo this wyte boi trippin
>>
>>1737338
dis nigga high yall
>>
>>1737338
As far as my own experience goes, bread is the most efficient source of food, at least in northern climates.
>>
I unlocked a couple titles and saw I got Steam cheevos for them, I checked that list too.
There's a bunch that appear in Steam achievements but not in my list of unlockables in-game, are they still available or? Like I don't see The Entertainer or The Pleasurer or The Bureaucrat in the in-game list, for example.
>>
Does variety matter at all
My city is just 330~ humans, food is pig farms and bread. The consumption demand seems to be about 50/50 bread/meat but obviously I produce a lot more bread.
>>
>>1737354
It's not efficient because of the refinement requirement.
>>
>>1734613
Fuck I made massive shrines next to each other and they started a civil war shortly after
>"Just rise the overall happiness bro"
>"We want cannibalism"
>"We are bored"
>Available for new jobs: 0
>Riots after workers strike
I can't pass the 500 pop filter, did you guys made it?
>>
>>1737363
You get more food for less labor and space
>b-but you need bakers AND farmers
and you still get more bread out of it than you would from max size fruit/veg farms.
>>
>>1737373
No you don't, retard. You get less food for more labor and space because of the bakeries.
>>
File: file.png (207 KB, 857x275)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>
>>1737382
You are fucking retarded. Bread is the most efficient form of food in the game and if you are too stupid to read the recipes and realize that you are beyond help. 100 workers split between a grain farm and bakery will produce well over twice as much food as 100 workers sitting on a vegetable farm.
>>
>>1737391
No they won't, retard. And that's even without taking into account the specialization bonus.
>>
File: grain.jpg (406 KB, 1140x600)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
And this is without taking into account the specialization bonus :)
>>
>>1737412
>maybe there should be potatoes
Syx gives me really bronze age europe/middle east vibes so columbian exchange crops would feel really out of place
>>
>>1737318
If you've got a lot of wood, sure.
>>
>>1737412
This makes me want to restart as pigmen and just specialize into a breadmaking empire.
>>
>get game
>stutters whenever any form of input happens
any fixes?
>>
>>1737433
Syx doesn't happen on our planet. There's no America, so I don't see anything wrong with adding potato.
>>
File: fatwa.png (3.76 MB, 2560x1440)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB PNG
Why has a religious conflict just started? After googling around prior I was under the impression the only thing opposition did was disallow temples (of which I have none) of opposing gods. Why did "shrine" drop from 100% to 45% with a minor change in population (330->350 total pop). Obviously none of the shrines are saturated or degraded.
>>1737531
I did not say it did, but clearly it's inspired by earth's antiquity.
>>
>>1737534
Did you just have a big wave of migrants? New people come in pissed off and can tank your overall happiness until they start visiting stuff.
>>
>>1737538
>Did you just have a big wave of migrants?
No, immigrant fulfillment is 0.1/1 and has been steady for the duration of the graph. I assume that the issue is that after a certain population number their demands increase so they went from being perfectly satisfied with their shrines to demanding better ones.
>>
Is there a way to remove the tilapi's cannibalism need?
It's ridiculous, I gave them the best of services and food, yet they started riots, workers strikes until there was no food
>>
Is buying Potts to make booze worth it if I got shitloads of grain?
>>
>>1737557
>Is there a way to remove the tilapi's cannibalism need?
Feed them people
>>
File: 1706407783347235.jpg (502 KB, 1536x2048)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>1737557
You know what they want
>>
File: file.png (202 KB, 788x236)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
Complainers bros... we won!
>>
File: Untitled.png (541 KB, 1292x532)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>1737584
No more rotting meat in my pasture because my haulers were 1 tile too far away.
>>
What's the best way to get slaves? I have good clay deposits and I want some bugmen for my mine.
>>
Can someone tell me what the hell transporters are for? I thought maybe they helped you collect resources or supply markets but I can't understand why they work.
>>
>>1737606
Normally the exslaver comes from time to time to your city to offer you slaves, also when there is crime in your city, the criminals are sentenced to serve as slaves or do it in the traditional and more effective way, prisoners of war.
>>
>>1737606
Conquer cities/armies and enslave the survivors. Alternatively just buy some from a slave trader or through diplomacy.
>>1737607
Transports use animals to pack up a bunch of goods and transport them across the map. Lets say you have a warehouse full of fish from your pond far in the corner of the map and you want to get it to the opposite corners warehouse by your town. You tell that transport to take fish from warehouse A and deliver it to warehouse B and it will travel back and forth with a much larger load than regular haulers. Basically it's for bulk transport.
>>
File: literally1.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>1737557
Are you sure you understand how much impact these stats convey? It's below 1% of max possible fulfillment, you can safely ignore it.
>>
>Transports use animals to pack up a bunch of goods and transport them across the map. Lets say you have a warehouse full of fish from your pond far in the corner of the map and you want to get it to the opposite corners warehouse by your town. You tell that transport to take fish from warehouse A and deliver it to warehouse B and it will travel back and forth with a much larger load than regular haulers. Basically it's for bulk transport.

Thx anon

>Conquer cities/armies and enslave the survivors. Alternatively just buy some from a slave trader or through diplomacy.

The strangest thing is that slaves have access to practically everything a free citizen can even eat once a day.
>>
File: 2444222222222222222.jpg (117 KB, 581x734)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1737625
>The strangest thing is that slaves have access to practically everything a free citizen can even eat once a day.
>>
>cold climate
>need eggs
It's over...
>>
I can't figure out how haulers work. I thought they're used to get all those wild crops my villagers harvest all over the map to the hauling point but these guys literally pull shit out of my warehouse for no reason instead.
It's a vicious cycle, haulers pull stuff out and warehouse workers put it back in.
>>
>>1737768
We are in the same situation then kk
>>
File: 20240424214946_1.jpg (623 KB, 1920x1080)
623 KB
623 KB JPG
Why there is no menu/tab for decorations? I didn't even knew I could build trees and benches until after 25h hours of gameplay.
>>
File: 20240424220026_1.jpg (765 KB, 1920x1080)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>1737779
I might be retarded. I expected some drop-down menu, like for the other buildings.
>>
>>1737710
Do you really need the eggs or just want to fulfill dietary wants?
>>1737784
I had to google to find what the hell the light need was, and that was how I found that menu
>>
>>1737784
>>1737779
To be fair he completely changes the menus every other patch. I didn't know you could press Q and E to change the size of objects until after playing a 100+ hours.
>>
Is there a way to dig those rocks without having every oddjobber ignore building stuff to go break rocks and vice versa? it is kind of annoying early on
>>
>>1737819
Create a workstation near the location.
>>
Is there a way to prioritize the educated?
e.g. I just built a university, almost everyone has shit education, and I want my research to have priority on the educated
>>
>Capture people raiding
>Don't have dungeons
>They just disappear
fuck
>>
>>1737865
Same, I was farming the raiders in v65 like this. Dungeon is fucking expensive too with the iron bars requirement.
>>
>>1737865
Enjoy explaining that at nuremberg
>>
File: 1622092084827.jpg (124 KB, 1024x872)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>1737870
>Enjoy explaining that at nuremberg
>>
>>1737584
I saw the radius thing in my game too, managed to widen considerably by building a road to my woodcutter. I think its an okay way to make roads more relevant for me personally anyways since roads are far back behind my mind when its all 2 squares of road in a grid hell.
>>
>import depot never fucking imports anything
Do I need a dozen trade agreements? I constantly have to manually purchase things despite having huge cash reserves.
>>
>>1737963
Seems so, at least you could try use cash for it. I'm poor as fuck and sandwiched by just 2 nations and only got 1 of them for trade.Doesnt sell what I want too,jej.
>>
>>1737786
I want to go for dwarves/humans/elves and the latter two like eggs.
>>
They unironically ruined the dwarf portraits
>>
>persecute a few species and keep them as slaves.
>Still set automatic immigration targets of 25 citizens of each.
>Bugs, pigs and dorfa keep falling for it, giving a free trickle of slaves.
>Lizards are the only ones that don't.
Devilish
>>
How the fuck is mushroom farming so bad
>>
>>1738144
Wrong climate? Also they are the only crops that can be grown in mountains which can have some spots with good fertility.
>>
>>1738081
I don't like of the new tilapis portraits too.
>>
Will woodcutters grow trees where they don't normally grow?
>>
>>1738211
No.
>>
OP here. Someone volunteer a nice city to put in the next thread. I tried an organic random blob type of build for bugs but it doesn't look good.

Please don't make the next thread pic a souless grid city spanning the whole map.
>>
does it matter if i put the aux pieces over minable tiles?
>>
>>1738234
Yes, it blocks the deposit.
>>
>>1738226
I only play bugs and make cities fit for bugs.
>>
File: piggerville.jpg (3.11 MB, 3731x2977)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
I am very bad at this game
>>
>>1738183
Not him but even under ideal conditions (+100% from northern climate) mushrooms suck ass. They're only worth it if you have zero fertility for some reason.
>>
>>1738242
why is it so spread out for no reason
>>
>>1738295
why not?
>>
So update or keep playing my current save?
>>
>>1738313
I find v66 production building feels better and especially woodcutter, I think I only had to clear cut early game twice, and later once that I would say clear cutting, but its not a huge ass compared to what I have to do in v65. Building a bath is now harder though and the POOOMPING even at 100/100 tiles is not far if youre gridding it at 12 or so squares, not sure about water pressure or anything in the new update for the pumping station.
>>
Is the game meant to lag every time I click or push a key?
>>
>>1738420
No. Performance is actually incredibly well optimized.
What are your specs. Are you playing on a laptop?
>>
File: system.png (4 KB, 489x88)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>1738434
a decent PC with an RTX 2080s, it's really bizarre, the demo runs fine but for whatever reason the full version is completely unplayable
>>
bug master race warriors and the others as slaves is the optimal play
>>
>>1738468
The garthimi or the argonosh?
Didn't get the latter but the former ran away in contact with the enemy the first raid I got
>>
>>1738454
I assume the game is installed on an SSD and not a HDD?

I'm playing on a laptop and the game runs perfectly smooth for me. i7 with a Nvidia RTX2060 and 32GB RAM.
The game runs on Java and OpenGL. If your PC has an integrated graphics card you need to make sure that the game is being rendered in the Dedicated Graphics Card (your RTX) and not the Integrated one. This is a common issue with lots of highly-demanding Java-based games, like Starsector.
>>
>>1738514
You should have no problem running this game on an integrated graphics card. I literally play it using nouveau drivers, which can't even run supertuxkart, and it runs without issue.
>>
>middle of winter, snow everywhere, waters frozen
>The temperature is rising to an extreme level today
>>
File: DogPet.jpg (56 KB, 760x549)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>second game
>made sure to keep my military respectable because I was repeatedly bullied in the first one by raiders I couldn't fight off
>expand too big too quickly
>it's started happening again
Anyway should I just keep a few massive units or break them up into smaller ones? Do smaller units have lower morale or is it just for more tactical flexibility? I have Tilapi bowmen and Human footmen because I'm not letting the piggers anywhere near the military.
>>
File: more.png (145 KB, 855x162)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>1738514
everything does appear to be in order but now that you mention is I did have a similar issue with Starsector but that magically resolved itself one day
>>
I'm getting to the point where I want to start getting metal. I don't have any ore/coal deposits worth anything. Is it best to import the component parts or import metals directly? I imagine this is price dependent but the opportunity cost + material cost of coal, ore, and manpower seems pretty high.
>>
>>1738548
It depends on the price. I would only do it if the raw materials were several times cheaper than metal.
>>
>>1738549
Yeah I'll have to do some math. Need to up my production on some cash makers too. I'm probably not at the point where I can afford it. The makeshift weapon maker is fucking abysmal though and I can't make weapons quick enough.
>>
>>1738558
I would instead recommend you to expand your current exports and just buy everything you need. That's how I managed to fully equip a 150 men squad with plate, swords and shields before I had even 1000 people.
>>
I'm still on the demo, how do I make a trade economy viable? I've been exporting wood to get some of the things I need, but the prices are way too high to start using it as a part of my supply chain. I don't have tech yet.
>>
>>1738296
Because walking distance is an important factor to effiency and liveability.
People need to be able to satiate all of their needs, realise their Jobs, and then go back to sleep within a time limit.
If the services and housing they need if too far away from their job they will be homeless and unable to satisfy their needs, resulting in unhappiness and limiting your growth and stability.
>>
>>1738618
Export more wood.
>>
>>1738621
Don't spend on furniture for your pops just yet. They use alot, and you need the wood for other stuff, such as reselling it to be able to afford even more wood.

You need to get good at producing finished products for reselling them to be able to afford the raw resources. Dondorians are excellent craftmen so they're good at it.
>>
>>1738618
See: >>1738626
>>
>>1712216
Get bigger roads.

Pops actually enjoy not having overly crowded roads and it's reflected on their happiness.
>>
File: error.png (7 KB, 599x77)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>1738543
so I did a bit of digging and it appears to be this exact error I'm getting;
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22072.0
related to overlays
which is odd considering I've got none on that I'm aware of, think I need to do more digging
>>
What are the max pops per happiness rating?
>>
I'm trying to set up my export depot to take excess from a warehouse (anything above 50%), but the trader is just taking everything and emptying it out.
I set the depot to pull from the warehouse and the warehouse has its pull threshold set at 50%.

Is there something else I'm supposed to do?
>>
>>1738662
yep fixed it, I uninstalled Nahimic
>>
I need help the inflation in my country already exceeds 40k and the average age of my country is 40 years old my lackeys do not make more babies even though I have a daycare with more than 20 cribs and my warehouses full of fruits
>>
I feel like I'm getting exploited, my neighbours only want me for my mineral wealth...
>>
>>1738763
>the inflation in my country already exceeds 40k
I think that inflation is tied to the amount of money you have?
>average age of my country is 40 years old
That shouldn't be a problem for a while, except if you messed with the retirement age
>my lackeys do not make more babies even though I have a daycare with more than 20 cribs and my warehouses full of fruits
Is it staffed? Do you have more than 20 plebeians of the pop you are trying to reproduce?
>>1738785
>Heeeey friend! Do you have some ore and coal to spare? I got swindled by a tool maker and my warehouse is empty, you wouldn't let your BFF without some goodies, would you? I promise I'll pay. k tnx bye!
>>
v66 bonuses to crafting from race/tech/tools/upgrade only increase the speed of crafting and not the amount I craft per raw resource?
>>
>>1738387
>Building a bath is now harder
How late are baths? I build one at around 150 pop
Also fuck supplying booze.
>>
How can i build "roundness" houses? I can only place squares, and i tried building a structure, but dont know how to put a door on it or make a room.
>>
File: file.png (1.18 MB, 1255x974)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>1738835
Roundness can be done by shaving off the corners as you build. There used to be a bar that showed how 'round' a building was but I don't know where it went in V66. Click the red button labeled "shrink room" to remove tiles you don't want.

Doorwayss are the button under where it says "isolation" You can remove doorways with the other button with the line through it.
>>
>>1738835
Are you playing in v65 or v66?

Demo and Stable/Beta versions of the game handle Roundness differently. In the Demo's version Roundness is based on the shape of the room, while in later versions diagonal walls such as in >>1738846 exude a "roundness" aura that affects the satisfaction of your citizens. You can check for Roundness in one of the map's overlays that's right underneath the minimap.
>>
>>1738835
If you shave off corner as the other anon showed, you'll have roudness.
But also if if you, after building a house for example, remove its corner walls, they'll keep their 100% isolation, but also still propagate roundness, but only if you have a proper round building close by.
>>
>>1738810
ye, however that change happened on v65
>>
Thinking about setting up an outpost farther away to collect some resources, I suppose I could set up housing, food stalls, wells, speakers and basic service stuff, but then the workers of the food stalls would need to travel halfway across the map to get food for the building anyway.

How big cities do it (I am still on v65 btw)? I suppose there is a point where the city is big enough that some stuff is very far away from the food production, or production of other resources, like furniture and clothes. Just throw more manpower at warehouses and distribution buildings to tank the inefficiency of the longer distances?
>>
File: file.png (1.51 MB, 993x796)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
I like my first city.
Currently trying to attract elves into my city, which is a major pain.
Ignore the nothermost building, it's the fishery and I'm moving it below the farm on the island.
>>
>>1738898
>workers of the food stalls would need to travel halfway across the map to get food for the building anyway.
Food stall workers have so much downtime that this doesn't seem like a big deal.
>>
>>1738817
You can build it early if you want if you have the coal industry but most of the time my coal will be for the bakery first and iron stuff.Booze is pretty retarded for me usually too, either they scooped up all the pottery or suddenly all my 1k grain out of 1.6k gone to them. Bath in v66 is harder because the pump need to be fully in a ground/fresh water area . In v65 I can get it to work building a pump on a 15%-30% ground water and build a bath next to it.
>>
>>1738902
How can they make bridges that cross lakes? It doesn't let me build after the deep area of the lake. By the way, share the seed of the world. The lake looks good.
>>
>>1738954
sir that is a river
>>
>>1738954
Build a road.
>>
>>1738226
We can also use fanart of the game, the litte that there is:
>Cantor and Tilapi Child
>>
>>1738954
>Use remove water
>Build road on the stepping stones
>???
>Bridge.
>>
File: Garthimi.jpg (381 KB, 1333x2000)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>1738969
>Garthimi
>>
>>1738973
>>
File: Cretonians.jpg (286 KB, 2048x2732)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>1738974
>Cretonians
>>
File: Krull.jpg (657 KB, 2659x2840)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>1738976
>Krull Wants You!
>>
I have no idea how proximity to other nation works
>Settled a river next to the lake
>4 cities nearby
>Looks good enough
>Can only interact with 2 of them
For fuck sake I'm going insane
>>
New to the game and just wondering in .65 or whatever the current version is; should I focus on wheat or fruit farms more? I see conflicting answers on this on guides and the steam forums.
>>
>>1738969
Cute!
>>1738973
>Runs away once in sights of the enemy
>>
>>1739060
>whatever the current version is
.65, .66 is in open beta and will be the stable version soon-ish
>should I focus on wheat or fruit farms more?
I don't have numbers to compare, but it seems that wheat + bakery produces more than vegetables and fruit, so if you just want to add food, go for wheat, if you want to please your citizens, fruit
Also don't sleep on orchads, they are improductive for 2~3 years but become quite good
>>
>>1739060
bread is the best farm if you can keep your bakeries running
>>
>>1739060
You cant eat grain, and bakery needs wood. Dont just focus on one thing.Diversify your food production by looking at your map accordingly.
>>1739014
I'm also lost when looking how the global map.How the fuck do the borders form? Why a shittier town bigger than mine? Can I park an army and get my border bigger? Fuck if I know, not gonna try to set up all the world army supply.
>>
How the hell do you cancel hunting jobs?
I accidentaly designated more than I should had. Canceling jobs doesnt seems to work on hunting targets and now some idiots got mauled
>>
>>1739069
>hunting targets and now some idiots got mauled
Animals were attacking my miners and warehouse workers before just by walking near them.
>>
>>1739060
Ignore this guy >>1739066
Bread is infinitely better. Even with the requirement of baking, chopping wood, and storing grain you get more food per worker. The only reason to grow something other than bread is
>procreation (humans need fruit for example)
>population doesn't prefer bread and you want happiness from food pref
>rationmaking
Just don't store bread until your preservation from tech is pretty good, grain lasts a lot longer so you'll have less losses from spoilage. Oh, and also the bread pipeline benefits from education (baking) and tech twice (growing, baking) for worker saving.
>>
Industrialisation was a mistake, once my population had dignity, now they're defined by how much wood they can chop or linen they can weave. Constant workplace injuries, always one missed meal away from starvation.
>>
>>1739132
make the entire map farms
you don't need anything
>>
>>1739063
>will be the stable version soon-ish
Will that break current saves?
>>
>>1739143
Shouldn't break v66 beta saves, should break v65 saves
>>
>>1739060
Get bread set up first then fruit and meat/fish, build the rationmaker as soon as you can cause all other types of food goes bad super quick.
>>
>>1739145
Grain has pretty low spoilage rate, just make bread on demand.
>>
>>1739149
Is there a way of turning on/off production pending triggers.
Like >harvest day > everyone is on warehouse duty
>Bread below x > more bakers
>>
>>1739151
Some things have automation of workforce based on workload, but that's all I'm aware of. It doesn't seem to work well.
>>
>>1739151
No, you can set the workers of some buildings on auto manage but the AI sucks dick at it and constantly sends workers into a minus causing happiness to plummet.
>>
>>1739155
>workers into a minus causing happiness to plummet.
Well that's something I didn't know.
>>
>>1739156
If you overdraw your worker pool(-number below hammer icon) it makes them unhappy for some reason, maybe because it takes away from leisure time? Idk, they could also just be unhappy with poor management?
>>
>>1739158
because workers get stripped from services you tardlet.
>>
File: pasture.png (2.67 MB, 1920x1080)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB PNG
>almost 1000 meat per year from 1 pasture with 26 workers
>only 8 out of 25 tech levels invested
Elves are really good.
>>
>>1739162
Oh yeah, why is the default job preferance set up in a way where the nursery is the first workplace to get abandoned anyways?
>The fishery doesn't have enough workers so fuck them kids!
-some Amevia probably
>>
>>1739158
I honestly didn't know that.
That explains a bit
>>
When and how do you guys decide to branch out into outskirts/minig outposts? I have no idea how I'd manage the logistics of setting up little mining villages to get those clay. Or what would be more important at this point, clay, coal, or ore?
>>
>>1739175
Apperantly it's because services like markets or arenas are the first things they abandon, also hatcheries/nurseries, so if all your kids are dying maybe let some people go from the coal mines.
>>
>>1739176
If there is a closer good deposit of ores you dont actually need at the moment, you can use that for trading for the ones you need.
>>
>>1739176
You should be buying that shit unless you have rich veins.
>>
>>1739176
Getting iron going is prolly 1st priority generally cause a lot of upgrades need it. You do it by drawing a road to it or just plopping down a workstation next to it, build the mine and the accomodations for the workers, so if your mine takes 30 workers build housing for 30 ppl and set up hearth/well/market/food stalls/entertainment/poopery for those 30 right next to them. Put lots of decorations too cause everyone except bugmen hates mining.
Alternatively just get slaves, they only need essentials like housing/food/water, bugmen are usually the cheapest which is good cause they are ideal miners.
>>
>>1738954
I just built a regular road.
>>
>>1739176
Step 1: check the fucking deposit strength.
Other anons mentioned it earlier, but 70%+ is good stuff and below that is not economically viable unless it's a good you need and you're getting fucked on import prices.

step 2: build a small mine that covers the the best deposits and up to maybe 20 workplaces. Dont cover the entire deposit in one go. Makes upgrading the mine super expensive.

step 3: chosing shit:
Ore is used for metal, that is super important for all the good shit. It can also be exported by itself for decent prices. Coal is also used for metal and some other stuff like bakeries. In my city I started and built a good industry from first just mining ore and importing coal untill I could reach the coal deposit for my second mining outpost. Clay is used for pots and some minor shit.

Unless you're planning potterymaxxing for export I'd go for coal or ore first, but deposit strength is king.
>>
Is it actually possible to stand on walls when you're getting raided? I cannot find a way to do it.
>>
redpill me on Song of Syx. on a scale of 1 to 5 of "yougetwhatyouthinkyouwillget", how would SoS be rated on that scale? for reference imo Rimworld and DF get 3-4/5 on that scale.
>>
>>1739208
I mean, what do you think you'll get? If you expect a total war game then like 2/5, if you want Banished but actually a game and fantasy then 5/5.
>>
>>1739208
It's like dwarf fortress but an actual game that you don't have to lose on purpose.
>>
>>1739204
Build stairs nigga.
>>
>>1739245
i did
>>
>>1739247
Build them wide enough maybe at least 10 squares, they cant seem to pathfind on narrow ones.
>>
>>1739208
How about you just play the demo faggot?
>>
File: shot04.jpg (1.54 MB, 1920x1080)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
Pretty nice feel to survive so far with just this one woodcutter in v66
>>
This game really makes me appreciate how close to complete annihilation society is at all times. Just one aspect of the economy taking a dump can make it all come crashing down.
>>
>>1739337
>he doesn't have plentiful rations for famine and death squads for every other situation
>>
>>1739235
>if you want Banished but actually a game and fantasy then 5/5.
Even with the developer citing banished as one of his inspirations, this game feels like an improvement on the impressions games formula for me
>>1739279
Finally, I can stop conquering my neighbours just to make chairs but I won't
>>
File: file.png (1.57 MB, 1442x842)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Satisfying roundness requirements is a pain.
>>
>>1739437
Just a few diagonal walls is enough to make them happy and upset dondons
Here is funny fact though: mountains have natural roundness to them so it's also a pain in the ass to straighten them out to keep basement dwellers happy.
>>
>>1739437
just don't
>>
>>1739439
>dwarf sets foot outside
>sees the wondrous beauty of nature
>gets fucking MAD
>>
>>1739437
>>1739439
>>1739440
Then again warehouse churches are funny.
I just have to experiment with shapes more.
>>
What consumes sithilon ore? I have a mine for it, a warehouse with just one crate, and it's set to export over 95% but everytime one bit of it is deposed into the warehouse it just disappears. I went over all my jobs one by one and I'm fairly sure nothing should consume it.
I also forbid it in all my markets already, though I don't have the people that consume it anyway. And it's at -14 stored in markets now, which I'm sure is fine.
>>
>>1739484
check it in the economy whatever tab that keeps track of all your items, it might be spoilage
>>
>>1739484
Markets store it by default I think, they might be hogging it.
>>
Post more round house designs, I need inspration.
>>
How do I stop my """vegetarian"""" pigmen from consuming meat meant for export? Would it work if I set exports to max and don't keep it in my warehouses?
>>
>>1739501
Click on your food vendors and turn off meat.
>>
>>1739501
Use the access screen and don't allow them.
>>
>>1739439
>and upset dondons
Dondons are built for slavery or being sequestered in filthy mountain holes away from the civilized races.
>>
Are there more tutorials past the first ten messages/tutorial tips? or should i just quit the tutorial and start anew game
>>
>>1739501
Do pigmen get mad if they eat meat? I noticed in the tutorial that they were definitely consuming it, but I never bothered to look into it any further.
>>
>>1739506
Doing this but they're grabbing it straight out of storage. I've also disabled storage for it now, Meat should just go straight to export. hopefully they won't grab it from export.

>>1739517
I don't think it really matters, it's not their prefered food so they won't get any bonus from it. I sell it because it fetches a good price.
>>
>>1739529
Click on the menu on the top left and disable the food from the access screen of that race.
>>
Oh wait shit nevermind, it's being consumed by janitors maintaining a temple. Fuck I don't mine enough for that apparently. Nor do I get enough gems or jewels.
>>
>selling thousands of wood per day
>price goes down from 20 to 18
>selling maybe 100-200 cut stone per day
>price drops from 200 to 160
I don't get the free market.
>>
>>1739500
It's not round, but it provides roundness aura to the 3 rooms south of the storage room.
>>
File: round5.jpg (2.14 MB, 1283x1228)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>1739500
>designs
There's no design
>>
>>1739573
How much does that Pottery shop produce?
Wish we still had 1x1 doors to be able to isolate noisy rooms and make
>>
>>1739573
>>1739580
Thanks m8s.
Still new to "organic" layouts.
>>
>>1739582
33.8 pots at 0 tools, 57.8 at 8 tools.
>>
>>1739179
>>1739180
>>1739181
>>1739193
Thanks a lot vros. When should I make more labs? 670 allocated right now but it feels painful having practically zero progression because of it.
>>
>>1739640
Yep.Lab is shit, and a fast expansion or just shitty event would kill your new city hard.Keep hoarding bread and surplus grain (keeping up with population increase from needing new farmers and industries) before expanding labs. You would probably want to learn yourself on how labs will destroy your city but at least you have a lot of money for emergency grain/bread here.
>>
It'd be funny if the dev made religion as equally polarizing as race
>>
>>1739674
I don't understand how religion can be all that polarizing in the game anyway. I mean, does it really matter who you worship in particular? The main difference seems to be whether you worship the god of chaos(and his followers) or literally anyone else.
>>
>>1739677
It's a bit simple right now, would like to see religious violence expanded upon, I think it has great potential. Aminion was misunderstood, really.
>>
>>1739677
Yeah, it does. The Gods had a whole two wars between each other due to irreconcilable differences.
Humans themselves were created with free will that was taken from them by the gods after some used it to side with the maddened Chaos Lord, and this same reason is why Cantors hate humans with a passion compared to other races.
>>
>>1691072
>scamorlords released
>song of syx still at top of the page
SOS sisters, are we tired of winning or what?
>>
newfag here, just downloaded yesterday
got any tips?
also is this game safe from rainbowmafia
>>
>>1739580
oh that's pretty
>>
>>1739730
>got any tips?
Pigs are good for food and nothing else
Don't be afraid of failing and trying again
Be sure to explore the menus, there's a lot of info that the game has but doesn't tells you outrigh
>also is this game safe from rainbowmafia
what
>>
>>1739730
>got any tips?
trade
>>
>>1739730
>also is this game safe from rainbowmafia
Look at the cretonian portraits. When you build their nursery you have the option to swap cretonian childrens' genders.

The most powerful race in the game are the communist bugmen as well.

The list goes on and on but save yourself from this SJW trash .

praise KEK
>>
>>1739753
cringe

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.