[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

No matter what I do, I lose.
>>
you don't. you're not supposed to play it you're supposed to buy it. and then wait for dlc and buy that like a good goycattle
>>
>>1711334
any hope for another war rework? it's still completely incomprehensible to me
>>
>>1711354
sorry anon, a communist youtuber said war is le bad so you can just stare at menus all day
>>
File: 292.jpg (40 KB, 690x505)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1711334
>>1711354
I'm confused. Is this bait?
>>
>>1711358
It's not, I'm genuinely clueless.
>>
>>1711381
What are you having trouble with?
>>
>>1711334
Playing strategy games boils down to the cycle of
1. Assess the situation
2. Formulate a goal
3. Assess own understanding
Are you not learning from your mistakes?
>>
>>1711334
Just play vicky2 instead
>>
build construction build tools build iron mine build lumber yard build tools build steel mill build coal mine build construction build tools build hydroelectric dam build iron mine build tools build sulphur mine build explosives factory build steel mill build construction build tools
>>
>>1711334
When in a civil war, you're allowed to swap to the winning side.
There is no other way to lose except for being annexed, which the AI does not prioritise.
>>
File: 102313_1.1.jpg (78 KB, 900x600)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>1711334
If only this game had a tutorial or something...
>>
>>1711334
Watch the building list and do tech sometimes.
>>
>>1711334
you wait 3 years until 2.0 and 40 pirated dlc have fixed the issues
>>
>>1711334
>how the fuck are you supposed to play this game?
you're not.
>>
>>1711398
finding my penis when I go to the bathroom
>>
>>1712231
Lemme guess, the wife stole it from you?
>>
File: 466.png (2.79 MB, 1680x1050)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
Very carefully
>>
>>1712430
why is brazil so white
>>
>>1711334
>losing the easiest paraslop after ck3
holy brainlet
also don't play this shit game
>>
>>1712530
The easiest Paradox game is HOI4, where you can conquer the entire world with one unit
>>
>>1712534
Only modded
>>
>>1712569
Uh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiAgmQkN974
>>
>>1711354
>rush research
>upgrade units
>pay max mil-wages
>enable all mobilisation modifiers
>roll a good general
>win

Wtf how is that confusing
>>
>>1712530
I prefer Vicky 2 because 3 is too complicated. I just want to build trains and colonize
>>
>>1713920
Nta, and you are wrong. The only time you need to upgrade units, it's when you are with irregulars and about to unlock line infantry. Not a single other military tech is worth directly going for it. If you are already with line infantry, you can completely ignore military research for the rest of the game - the passive research is going to get you covered.
>>
>>1711354
It's better than it used to be, but it really does need another rework.
>>1713920
It's confusing because armies both exist and don't exist on the map. I had navally invaded a country that borders another enemy, I won the naval invasion and occupied the country, planning to use that occupation to occupy the next country that now borders my control zone. Simple enough, right?
That's what I thought.

What actually happened is while my troops were trying to line up on the new border the enemy who had already lined up pushed through and occupied my occupied area, past my troops who were now close to the former border, and then I watched as my troops tried to play catch up until I was completely pushed out and had to order my troops that were still in the now enemy territory to re navally invade.
This was a problem in the old army system too,but now it's even worse because instead of just a x days until they arrive at the front you see your armies moving on the map yet they can't exist or interact with anything until they arrive at their designated point.
An interaction only possible because armies are this cursed hybrid between the real armies on the map of v2 and the magically summoned armies of launch v3.
>>
>>1712583
Holy fuck that is just insane..
Never played hoi4 but I heard it was dumbed down.
Couple of things are therefore puzzling to me in this vid.
Can air attack actually wipe out units in hoi4? In hoi3 all it does is inflict a few casualties which an enemy with sufficient manpower can easily replace. I'm not sure but I dont think its possible to wipe a unit in hoi3 with air attack alone. Even if it were possible it would take forever with the stacking penalties against the air units.
How does he manage to keep attacking? Is there no attack delay in hoi4? Even fully teched up there would be an attack delay in hoi3. I also cant see how the AI fails to pin him in place with at least one attack while surrounding him with other units. Even with tech far ahead of the enemy I would have expected to see him surrounded at some point.
>>
>>1712430
>not mentioning that nine banded armadillos always have identical quadruplets because a single egg is fertilized, and it immediately splits into 4 parts that become genetically identical quadruplets.
i just think they're neat
>>
>>1714014
That's true. After line infantry, troop quantity >>> everything else. It's why China is stupidly OP.
>>
>>1712583
>one division
>and 100 AI ally divisions + insane air support
Yeah, right
>>
>>1715397
Which is why it starts with irregulars and with a war with UK scheduled before it can research line, to get its teeth kicked.
Of course, it;s a zero issue for a human player, but AI never recovers
>>
>>1714289
Its not really. Its having complete air plus allys
>>
File: 77443.png (661 KB, 1186x612)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>1715588
>>1715821
He barely had any allied troops and only lost one division in the entire campaign, HOI4 is just stinky poo and the biggest reason as to why Paradox did the right thing by making V3 military system more or less fully automated and generally not making it an important focus, what i actually want to see improved is the naval system, that's the only thing HOI4 does better and i don't understand why they tried to reinvent the wheel for that one.
>>
File: 31231131.png (115 KB, 960x638)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>1711334
>>
>>1715588
Not a single puppet fought with him though, you can see their toy soldiers around but they never defend a single province and are just walking around it
>>
Holy shit playing as Japan just highlights everything that is wrong with this game jesus
>>
>>1711334
play with easy AI or no ai, most of us know how to play anno games since childhood cuz we are autistic but if you are new to the series take it slow
>>
>>1716706
please ignore me i thought this was an anno 1800 thread cuz i am tired
i've no clue how to play victoria 3, sorry
>>
>>1716610
For whatever reason they decided to make Japan the hardmode country. Matching their IRL performance is impossible for all but the most hardcore players, and their journal entries exists to trick you into making bad decisions.
>>
>>1713920
>do all that
>still lose
WOOOOOW
>>
>>1716825
about the journal, yea

Japan itself? lol no i took it from 10 gdp to 18 gdp in span of few years of constant worthy resources production spam...

then entered a custom union with Russia and made use of luxury rare resources Russia has to modernize Japan, and to have increase our power over China
>>
>>1716610
Oh yea
>start war over some bornean shithole chinks defend them
>French attack the bornean shithole too
>I get it first
>French peace out and get the tiny province
Vic3 is just broken piece of shit
>>
>>1711334
have you tried having a triple digit IQ
>>
>>1711334
Let me guess: you tried to play Russia, rush communism and you are angry because the big bad capitalist won't let you seize the means of production.

Either that, or you tried to play Prussia, attacked EVERYTHING ignoring infamy and got cut down to size.

Whatever it is, tell us what you were trying to do and we'll see if we can help.
>>
>>1716898
most likely
>tried to invade something, but got stuck not invading anything because... just because OKAY?!?
>>
>>1716900
It's likely Russia. The most common pleb filter for newfag commies (ESPECIALLY stalinists) thinking the nobles would just simply give up their privileges right off the start date when you literally have ZERO people supporting trade unions. Ive personally seen many such cases. Should youtube a guide on how to do it sooner or later, might propel me into fame.
>>
>>1716876
Japan is significantly harder to reform than its neighbors. Korea and China are easier to industrialize, and defeating China as Japan as it did historically is extremely difficult and not worth it. It's significantly easier to conquer Mexico or even Russia than it is China.
>>
>>1716918
it's because raw population numbers are almost all that matter because the easiest way to grow your economy is to just spam construction until you've converted every last subsistence peasant into a worker. China has the most people so they have an easy time just click click click click spamming construction endlessly.
The game has basically zero actual diplomacy or war, the only developed aspect is the economy, but there's no stockpiles so every country builds the exact same way because you just become self sufficient in everything, again meaning you just want as many people as possible. IRL there's plenty of "tall" countries who don't have gigantic fucking populations of endless bugmen peasants who still did well but Victoria 3 basically had the Stellaris approach to pops where more=better always and you either start as the chinks or turn into them, combine this with the retarded way other methods of pop growth work and you get the current result. At least in Stellaris you can just import or capture a gazillion slaves directly to boost your economy, in Vicky 3 the only way to get more pops from slavery is with slave policy set to slave trade and then you have zero control over it.

Oh and the games also retarded since the only way to assimilate pops is by passing the full globohomo multiculturalist atheist laws that mean there's now no POINT to assimilating because now every culture is considered identical for all purposes. The economic stuff and supply chains are more developed than something like CK3 or Stellaris but everything else in the game is a colossally undercooked piece of shit and there's almost zero nation customization or identity, fucking Stellaris is a 4X and it has more impactful civics than Vicky 3 cultures and religion is LITERALLY meaningless. You literally can't even change your state-religion by default, there's like one specific journal mission to choose between Shinto and Buddhist as Japan but that's it. It's so dumb. Laws suck.
>>
>>1716825
What Japan achieved was unique. It should be hard.
>>
>>1717245
Japan achieved what it did because its society was uniquely set up for it. This is not present in game, where China is far stronger and easier to industrialize.
>>
>>1716610
>>1716825
Japan is still a powerhouse, but it needs a LOT of work and luck. Luck to either instantly trigger a civil war that you win or to have good IG ideoologies so you can actually do anything in the first 40 years of the game.
It has a large population in extremely dense regions which can incredibly quickly become an industrial behemoth, it has basically guaranteed 80+% education with no/minimal investments, and it starts with a large army and one combat zone that makes it all but impervious to naval landings so it's nigh impossible to lose a war if a war goal is targeting you.

The issues keeping all of this down are of course actually managing to pass any fucking reform whatsoever and the total lack of any kind of starting economy meaning it's pure poverty mode until you actually build enough lumber mills to not debt spiral yourself to death.
Also there's the whole your historical expansion route(China/Korea) is suicide issue. It's easier to fight literally any other nation, except maybe the EIC. But you can just expand into southeast asia and the americas instead. especially if you help the mexicans refute manifest destiny to keep both powers weak.
>>
Very cathartic reading this thread;
I had a failed run as Japan last week where I went bankrupt.
The taxation capacity was a real killer for me. Even in 1870 I still had an entrenched nobility and hadn't managed to shift off traditionalism or hereditary beaurocracts.
I did manage to get to tenant farmers rather then serfdom, and a British demand to open the economy took me off isolationism. This last change actually killed my balance sheet though, as isolationism provides a buff to tax collection.
60-70% of the population wasn't being taxed, but building gov administration buildings costs more then the taxes they bring in!
>>
By the way, if you want to pass reforms just savescum. Reload the last autosave and add/remove consumptions taxes to change the day the debate happens. The political system is so bad this is the only thing you can do to make it fair.
>>
The only way to play this game is sandboxing with cheats. The game is fundementally unfun.
>>
>>1717378
The average HOI4 player the moment he can't world conquest with Switzerland
>>
>>1717378
not a war game, chud!
>>
>>1716916
>get rid of every unit except in Moscow
>win every civil war
>>
>>1717344
you're supposed to trigger a civil war to get rid of Tokugawa, just get rid of the army and have all your units in capital
better yet if you have professional army so you can stack barracks higher than 25

but even if you figure out the game something will piss you off and make you quit it, it's just broken shit
>>
>>1717404
Funny because it came out with people doing billion GDP eco's with Jan Mayen
>>
>>1717422
>but even if you figure out the game something will piss you off and make you quit it, it's just broken shit
For me it's the forced 3D map when you zoom in.
>>
>>1717425
Yeah, my first time playing the game I already had a couple dozen nods just ot fix minor shit like that.
>>
>>1717422
However, you better not do that civil war *too early*. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a shitty landowners emperor and improve nothing. We don't want you having too much fun, now do we?
>>
I got a key for this game from humble bundle monthly choice, is it worth picking up or does the Paradox DLCslop engine need more time
>>
>>1720267
The next DLC will probably be the first one that will actually be useful, the DLCs they have released till now are mostly just fluff and railroading.
>>
>>1711334
Honestly, I have the same problem but I win no matter what. It's just retarded.
>>
>>1711334
You not supposed to play it, retard.
If you also bough it, you fucking irredemable retard.
>>
>>1717245
Japan had been getting European technology and ideas piped to it for centuries at that point, first by the Portuguese and later by the Dutch. They even have a word for it, rangaku, meaning "Dutch Learning". All the setup was accomplished before the game's time period; the Meiji Restoration was just the final power struggle needed to centralize authority over the country and enable rapid westernization. Japan should always have a much, much easier time westernizing than any other Asian country.

The only thing the player should have to do is win the Boshin War and thereby centralize power in the hands of either the Emperor or the Shogun. Victoria 2 mods already represent this well.
>>
>>1720421
No one took Japan seriously internationally before they won that war against Russia and even after that the european great powers rarely ever supported them diplomatically, they didn't even want them to expand anywhere, especially not in China.
>>
>>1720429
Yeah but I'm talking about westernizing, not recognition.
>but victoria 3 doesn't have weste-
Yeah and that's a mistake and it's part of why their representation for Japan is so fucked up.
>>
>>1720435
Its about as being recognized to be on par with western countries and Japan kinda wasn't until after WW1, i agree that with Victoria 3's system there is no way for those powerful AI controlled unrecognized countries to get recognized, just making them more aggressive won't work since beating a great power isn't something that AI Japan, Persia or any other country could do, ironically only AI China can but as far as i have seen they never ask for recognition in wargoals, it wouldn't surprise me if Paradox just says fuck it and creates a railraoded way for Japan to be recognized, it would be very shitty but with this system i don't see a solution.
>>
>>1720429
>they didn't even want them to expand anywhere,
It was mostly just the US because they saw them as a potential rival in the pacific.
The entante was perfectly fine with Japan taking German islands. USA tried to stop it.
>>1720445
It just being about recognition doesn't really work because some wargoals are locked behind it. As an unrecognized power you can't really take treaty ports and are stuck with tributaries, with a lot of nations being untargetable. You shouldn't need recognition for a powerful Japan to decide that it's okay to puppet Siam but you can't even turn them into a tributary, the worst subject type, because they are equal rank. Being "recognized" suddenly means you can turn Siam into a protectorate, a more advanced subject type.
The whole system is flawed.
>>
>>1720401
I guess I should admit I'm a stellarisfag. I have played like 5 hours of HoI4 and that's it. Guess I should wait a bit more for vicky 3
>>
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-111-subject-improvements.1657476/
>>
>>1714289
In hoi4 air right now is probably even more important than it was in hoi3, if your enemy has air superiority and a good number of bombers/cas the best you can hope for is adding AA support companies and going on the defensive. There aren't attack delays but there is organization which depletes the longer a unit attacks. Also this dude just cheeses like the autistic sweatlord he is
>>
Biggest problem with my Japan games is that Britain is the only country that wants to create protectorates and take treaty ports. Russia doesn't care, France doesn't care, Germany barely exists, and America never takes up the white man's burden from Spain because Spain never loses their colonies. I don't have a lot of hours past 1900 though so maybe that's the problem. Otherwise I feel pretty comfortable modernizing at my own pace. Playing USA is actually more stressful because Mexico will spam armies when you aren't looking and gobble up the west.
>>
File: 656654.png (2.55 MB, 1680x1050)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>>1721321
In my latest game France took a treaty port in Brazil and i saw other countries try to make protectorates, it should happen more often though
>>
>>1717424
Yeah, I saw that video, too. That was literally a year ago. You fuckwit.
>>
>>1717424
I still remember paradrones defending idiotic calculation of GDP by not subtracting input costs
>>
>>1716610
>>1716825
Minors do too.
You get free construction but it's not enough to do anything, even wood & cloth construction costs are astronomical. No-one wants anything you can make and you don't have enough bureaucracy to set up trade routes.

Countries like Portugal and Belgium CANNOT colonise what they did and often start out geared to pass laws ending colonialism thanks to Rural group preferences + rolling Pacifist ideologies everywhere else.

Central America is designed to have "Fuck you" events rendering the region inhospitable despite being spread amongst minors who can't do shit in the first place.

Even big countries like Russia can't reform as "fast" as they did IRL without using DLC cheat mechanics or industrialising like you're the Soviets.
>>1716916
>when you literally have ZERO people supporting trade unions.
Shouldn't it be Communist/Vanguardist Rural Folk for Russia, if being historical? Not that this game necessarily works like that.
It doesn't help that if you play "correctly"/make a capitalist hellhole with low wages, "the left" are completely marginalised, especially if you reform into any voting system or use production methods that create engineers. I can't tell if public trading also suppresses worker groups through weight in bodies alone.
>>
>>1721656
The game does what now?
>>
>>1721871
>Even big countries like Russia can't reform as "fast" as they did IRL
>Shouldn't it be Communist/Vanguardist Rural Folk for Russia, if being historical? Not that this game necessarily works like that.

The main issue is that Russia literacy is very low even during the late game, i don't know if it works that way in vanilla but with better politics mod socialists and liberals need a certain level of education to spawn
>>
>>1721872
GDP calculation is sane now
>>
>>1721884
>The main issue is that literacy is very low even during the late game
Fixed that for you
Last I checked, literacy only affects how anti-clerical a pop's political choice of group is... which is weird because Jewish populations are supposed to be literate because of their religion and the biggest progressives of the era were moralists

It's also stupid, and propaganda, that the church never cares about slavery in colonial events, and only the intelligentsia and trade unions do, despite the former being very pro-racism and the latter not existing
>>
>>1721871
The biggest issue with minors is the game heavily favors high population numbers.
I started a Greece game recently, I had no industry to afford the goods to build an army and a navy to get the pop to build industry to build an army and a navy.
I took almost all of Arabia and Central America, because those are some of the only regions I could actually manage to navally invade, and I was still destitute. It was so bad that Haiti became the cornerstone of my nation because it actually had a population I could work with. I actually managed to win one war against the turks with Britain's aid because I got lucky and navally invaded Constantinople and sat there dying until they capitulated and I still have no real population to work with because I had to disband my entire army since the old regions had no population to support them anymore and build a new army in the new regions. Even a Mexico that lost more territory to the US is still ~30k manpower stronger than me.
It's a circle of perpetual poverty because the only way I could ever match a bigger power is to take a high pop state and I can't take a high pop state because I have no pop to work with.
>>
>>1722008
And it is as it should be, all you have described is pretty realistic.
>>
is it better than vic2 yet?
>>
>>1722008
The next expansion will kinda fix that issue since you can invest in other countries and thus avoid being forced to blob
>>
>>1711402
In vic 3 there is a lot of rng for reform if you don't play a strong nation at the start(or you don't abuse the dissident mechanic, new players wouldn't do that). Some goods are objectively better than the other, for example you wouldn't guess that wood is the best early good in the game and automobiles are pure dogshi
>>
>>1717181
>raw population numbers are almost all that matter
Population is a problem if your pops are unemployed, which gives them -40% fertility.
>>
>>1722035
No
Politics and eco are the vic3 strong points even if eco is just cookie clicker it's a satisfying one and politics heavily relies on RNG you can still do interesting LARP
The problem is still that the wars complete broken dogshit that just feel awful
>>
>>1711334
That's true. Even if you "win" the game you lose.
>>
>>1722008
As a small country you can just join a GP market, industrialize and very easily climb to the top of the gdp per capita rankings. With this strategy you can punch above weight
>>
To put into perspective how fucked the balance is, China starts out with better technology than Greece. Check it yourself, it's true.
>>
File: v3 marxist.jpg (56 KB, 765x238)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>
Just let me move the toy soldiers around you frauds
>>
>>1722462
Can't camp in mountains anymore, can ya, buddy? No more "sick micro skills". Must be frustrating.
>>
File: retard.jpg (718 KB, 1920x1080)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
yea this is what I mean by
>>1717425
>but even if you figure out the game something will piss you off and make you quit it, it's just broken shit
>>
>>1722708
Yes it is frustrating, camping mountains was always the most fun part of vic game
>>
>>1722711
Too bad. Funnily enough, V3, you have to actually THINK about army composition more, actually pay attention to leader traits, and babysit and micro armies.
>>
>>1722713
Nta but the new system is less approachable and just as tedious if not more so for players despite simplification being the main reason why they even changed it and yet it's also less fun than the old one once you do master it?
Great system.
>>
>>1722710
1. You fucked around
2. You found out
A country can't declare on you, if your opinion +20 with them. Sweden starts with 2.8M, and you managed to have 4.1 M radicals. The game should really punish having so few loyalists.

So what'd you take that doesn't belong to you, you fucking mappainting retard?
>>
>>1722714
>less fun
For who? V2 is a copy of EU combat, which was solved, and it's boring as shit.
>>
>>1722715
>defending this shit
>>
>>1722718
Skill issue.
>>
>>1722713
That's all wrong besides the babysitting as the AI that does war for you keeps fucking up for you
>>
>>1722719
>still defending this shit
>>
File: forced peace.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1080)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
So I will be forced to capitulate even though they don't control the war goal?
>>
>>1722732
never mind I got white peace, even though I was okay with doing white peace with them...
>>
>>1722710
How is this broken?
>>
>>1722714
Ah yes the annoyance of setting up armies before the war and just letting them do their thing when a war starts, instead of playing the split the stacks and bait them into mountains minigame over and over.
>>
>>1722736
It's random, he's demanding Stockholm as Austria and he defaulted three times in that war, he would never taken it even in 1v1 because it would have been impossible to land
>>
>>1722741
I'm pretty sure current AI logic just checks the army strength of the possible alliances, they don't check if the war goals actually require a naval invasion and if their fleet is good enough, i don't think any Paradox game ever had that type of logic.
>>
File: retard front.jpg (694 KB, 1908x1080)
694 KB
694 KB JPG
>army loops for no reason letting enemy to recapture territory
how is this better than me sending a 30 stack to occupy him?
>>
>>1722633
lol, lmao
When was this?
After 1.5 they made it so you couldn't get trade unions any power ESPECIALLY if you create a slowly reforming society with skilled/productive jobs.

I'd argue the game isn't Marxist, for example
>there is no capitalism, everything is state owned and state constructed, like China
>there is no hoarding of wealth, anyone can be an aristocrat as soon as a farm opens
>there is no "armed forces le bad monopoly of violence", they just exist
>there is no consciousness
>revolution doesn't occur in developed societies, or even undeveloped societies, but racist/state religion societies thanks to radicals (African colonisation, annexing India/Indonesia/China)
>>
File: usa jordan.jpg (619 KB, 1914x1080)
619 KB
619 KB JPG
so what is excuse for this?
>>
>>1722892
How did it happen? Also its because Paradox is incompetent enough that they didn't implement a logic that checks if a region that it can gain from a peace deal can be connected to the main land, a similiar issue that HOI4 had during its first years of development where the AI would take land often at random.
>>
File: toofar.jpg (807 KB, 1920x1080)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
I might have went too far
>>
>>1722896
who knows I was not paying attention to it
>>
>>1722921
I was going to make a joke about that being normal when playing to 2024 but what did you do?
Did all the Danes die off?
Why did Paradox make it possible to transport half of West Africa to a European province?
The game should create a Hausa core in that state and secessionist wars should be made to actually exist in the game. That is not your country anymore. Those are not your people.
>>
>>1722980
>Did all the Danes die off?
The main Danish provinces were depopulated when I annexed them while Schleswig-Holstein had 2 mil pops
I besides deciding where to expand I am pretty much role playing, got a petition from industrialists to get rid of immigration controls and I did. I still have racial segregation so at least they are in some getho.
>>
>>1722852
I find it funny "No Police" is a valid law in this game. Really put the developers' political views on display.
>>
File: militantatheist.jpg (685 KB, 1920x1080)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>>
>>1722989
>The main Danish provinces were depopulated when I annexed them
Did you do something to them or is this Paradox's simulation problems where small states get fucked and cannot sustain an economy so everyone starves, emigrates or both?
>I still have racial segregation so at least they are in some getho.
Good luck with the radicalism!
>>1722994
That and the police brutality event.
In my country, the "Landowners" created the police but that can't happen in game if you already have sheriffs. It should start as the army being in control, because they were always used when shitty poor people started rioting and destroying things.
It should be impossible to have an anarchic state without immediately becoming a decentralised nation and game overing from all your politicians being killed, trade centres being raided and factories being torched the moment everyone notices they can just do it.
>>
>>1723003
>Did you do something to them or is this Paradox's simulation problems where small states get fucked and cannot sustain an economy so everyone starves, emigrates or both?
I did not do anything
>Good luck with the radicalism!
oh no s o y dicalist... anyway
>>
>>1722994
Are you retarded or just pretending to be? By "no police" they mean no organized police, something that a lot of countries at the time didn't have.
>>
File: landings.jpg (634 KB, 1920x1080)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
>landings are so cancerous in this game
I already won 1 naval battle vs them, just fucking land already or at least do another naval battle
>>
File: victoria.png (443 KB, 771x673)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>The us are crippled by an all powerful rural IG. Pass tenant farmers which will help break them, even though it will make the landowners stronger. Then move to universal suffrage and dedicated policing.
Is this the OP?
The redditor is upset he can't get a professional army or go from census->wealth voting, as the US, in the year of our lord 1836.
>>1723025
You shouldn't have to wait long for a naval battle to happen? Is something wrong?
>>
>>1723036
>You shouldn't have to wait long for a naval battle to happen? Is something wrong?
What do you mean what's wrong? Nothing is happening and the whole thing is just dragging on.
>>
>>1723025
Look at your naval orders and change them to whatever gives the highest interception.
I had a fleet on coordinated and they sat there doing fucking nothing until I switched them to default and they instantly started a battle. that's just a difference of 1. 2 if the two admirals stack, but the naval engagement chances are retarded and it's apparently the difference between them actually fighting and just sitting there doing nothing.
if they're on default then rip bozo you got paradox'd.
>>
Don't underestimate Byzaboo autism
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2880120246
>>
I love this game but it's hard for me to understand when I'm losing cause I'm retarded v. if the game is retarded (no offense retarded anons)
>>
>>1723183
You mean in battle?
>>
>>1723010
they tipped their hand by making the intelligensia pro-no police
>>
>>1723423
they are equally pro-dedicated police force. don't you think that is an important context here?
>>
>>1723183
not a war game chud
>>
>>1723423
They are neutral on no police and dedicated police force, opposing local police force and strongly against militarised police, you lying fucker
>>
>>1723432
>don't you think that is an important context here?
The greater context is the Intelligentsia in game are ahistorical.
They should be the most racist faction that pushes for assimilation and genocide, the source of ALL new ideologies and jump between other interest groups as a parasitic partnership.
They should be an anti-moral Landowner faction that turns into an insane Petite-Bourgeoisie faction as you urbanise.

They should not be anti-racist believers in universal voting rights. The public schools they think are as good as private ones SHOULD NOT be wholesome, they should be racist public schools of assimilation/indoctrination like in real life history. They should not be universally targeted for Socialist ideologies. Socialist ideologies should not be universally good and viable in game mechanics. They should not want feminism for no reason (the game really does not emulate WHY countries wanted to fill factories with women - pay suppression and freeing up men to die in trenches, it is a concern for Industrialists who don't care for no reason).

They should not be the pet faction of Paradox workers who say "If I were a faction, I'd be the do-gooders who spread Wholesome Marxism!"
They should be dangerous for how their ideas affect the other groups but pathetic and have absolutely no say in any civil wars or mobilisation or how society runs.
>>
>>1722896
they had this in eu ffs it was solved before these games came out
>>
>>1723721
I remember EU3's AI making some awful blobs, don't remember if they also annexed provinces that weren't connected to the main land but they probably did. But yeah EU4 had this, don't remember if it always had it but it certainly does since many years ago.
>>
I just did a few games with ottos and holy fucking shit the game is still broken. Most of the decisions they took to distance the game from vicky 2 shot them in the foot. You can build a fuck ton of universities all over your country but you if don't have the education tech fuck you, you cant get literacy. What's more is that the fucking politics of the game is so god damn gimped, like shit the only feasible way to pass reforms is to have a goddamn civil war, the landowners refuse to pass any reforms no matter the state of the country. Also the IU of the game is atrocious, it is so unintuitive holy fucking shit all the information you actually need is hidden behind 3-4 menus and all the fucking map modes are horrible. You can't even build factories and see your resource deficit at the same time. I think this game is gonna get the boot like Imperator, they fucked up too much to be able to fix it later. Also not having artisans in the game like vicky 2 makes the game so fucking static.
>>
File: cuckarmy.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1080)
605 KB
605 KB JPG
>oh you did naval invasion and don't want to lose your gains too bad chud your army can't access to the front for no reason
this is what vic3 fags think is good war system
>>
File: Invention_academia.png (68 KB, 256x256)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>1723725
>You can build a fuck ton of universities all over your country but you if don't have the education tech fuck you
Universities provide Education Access which provides Qualifications.
What Qualifications do is unexplained on the wiki, but all it provides is the ability to get a job that requires training.
The pops in the university itself do get more education access, because Clerks, Academics and Priests get a bonus, but of course this does nothing for anyone else.

Education access is primarily gained through wealth and institutions - Religious and Public schools give up to 50% literacy, Private schools give up to 2.5% per wealth, so a 20 wealth pop gets 50% literacy, which will not be the majority of your country especially if you choose mass immigration.

Technology provides 1.5% education access per SoL, so therefore 25% literacy at 20 wealth. Which means fully funded Private Schools provide 75% literacy to 20 SoL pops (again, this is very unlikely to be most of your pops).

Discrimination probably affects education access (I don't know) much like how it lowers wages to 66% of the going rate (ironically higher than most discrimination/immigrant wage schemes IRL, and that's just for legal labour).

The game just makes it impossible to get good literacy, especially if you go open borders or fail to remove all peasants. It's arguably wrong to call it literacy, because teaching people to read and write isn't really what literacy is being used to obtain - technological advances and skilled labour.

>the landowners refuse to pass any reforms no matter the state of the country.
Did you try replacing the aristocrats with capitalists and reforming distribution of power to favour capitalists? Unless you're playing a North West European country, you should be starting an industrial revolution from scratch and fighting the Landowners all game (though they should really "modernise" themselves when you reform into commercial agriculture).
>>
>>1723725
>You can build a fuck ton of universities all over your country but you if don't have the education tech fuck you, you cant get literacy

Then don't do this, they are expensive too

> What's more is that the fucking politics of the game is so god damn gimped, like shit the only feasible way to pass reforms is to have a goddamn civil war

That isn't true

>Also the IU of the game is atrocious, it is so unintuitive holy fucking shit all the information you actually need is hidden

Maybe during the first year and a half since it was released that was the case, wouldn't say its bad now

>You can't even build factories and see your resource deficit at the same time.

I noticed that too, at least if you are adding a level of a building that isn't already present

> I think this game is gonna get the boot like Imperator

And that's bullshit, quality of the game aside (still better than HOI4 and CK3) the game sold well, i'd imagine their DLCs didn't sell well but that's because their tactic of putting the useful content in patches didn't work, they seem to be going back to their good ol' "you need the DLC to have the proper experience", the only difference from before is that they are planning to release one big DLC every half a year instead of three smaller DLCs in that amount of time

>>1723738
You need to explain that one
>>
>>1723753
>Maybe during the first year and a half since it was released that was the case, wouldn't say its bad now

Mate I cant see the fucking literacy levels of my pops and why it is or isn't increasing without pressing like 5 buttons.

>That isn't true
Then how do you fucking do it teach me
>>
File: 766777.png (1.94 MB, 1680x1050)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
>>1723757
>Mate I cant see the fucking literacy levels of my pops

They added this thing called census data some updates ago, you are welcome m8
>>
You can "solve" politics by stacking radicals/loyalists modifiers. Notable examples are the devout IG in East Asian countries, which give you an OP -100% radicals from SOL modifier when happy. The companies that affect loyalists/radicals are the only ones you should go for for. If you don't have that IG, you want max police and Guaranteed Liberties (that one is nearly impossible to pass, so usually you can't).

Aside from that, just construction-max. Pretend you're Stalin and go all-in on heavy industry and logging camps. That kills the landowners.
>>
>>1723718
why
>>
File: libs.png (2.72 MB, 1680x1050)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>1723718
If you care so much about history just install the better politics mod
>>
>>1723753
>You need to explain that one
What the fuck do you need me to explain?
Do you even play this fucking game?
>>
>>1723800
There is an active front between Gaza and Transvaal (?) and i'm not seeing any gains from a naval invasion, that's why i said to explain exactly what your issue is
>>
>>1723803
I'm guessing Gaza doesn't have a port, lmao.
>>
File: dogshitgame.jpg (631 KB, 1920x1080)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
>>1723803
I did say what is the issue. I did naval invasion, it suceded, but instead of progressing further in Transvaal my army teleported back to Persia and I could not send troops there. Same shit is happening again. Holy fuck is vic3 broken, none of this shit heppens in game with physical soldiers that you actually control.
>>
>>1723814
Why would that be an issue? Also your guess is wrong dipshit
>>
>>1723248
>>1723433
No, I'm pretty good at cheesing and knowing who I can and can't beat. Sometimes my economy just breaks and I debt spiral though. I'm getting better.
>>
>>1723766
is there any historical accuracy to this logging thing or is the game just retarded
>>
>>1723819
Weird, i experienced some wonky troops movements but nothing like that
>>
>>1723784
>dude just install 100 mods so that the game becomes playable lol
Yeah great idea, if only the game could fucking run at a decent speed and without nonstop crashes when on vanilla, then maybe I could actually try to use mods.
>>1723849
Happened to me too, and a lot of other bullshit too like my army going to a front, it merging into another one the moment they arrive, and then my army walking all the way back to the capital with me unable to give them any orders. This was in 1.5 though, I wouldn't dare to play this shit now that they've fucked it even more.
>>
>>1723867
That mod i mentioned changes things that shouldn't alter the game speed in any way, its also stable aside from the occasional bug here and there. The worst bug that i've seen happen is the one that for whatever miscalculation doubles the amount of port connections, the only fix is to reload a game, they still have to fix it btw.
>>
File: okaybased.jpg (803 KB, 1920x1080)
803 KB
803 KB JPG
Alright, this is a good game again
>>
>>1723870
I wasn't referring specifically to that mod, just to the whole idea of "fix the game with mods". It's a bit hard to do that when even vanilla has absolute shit performance, a lot of bugs, and crashes every once in a while.
>>
>>1723784
>just install mods
I don't see one fixing how all radicals will support all revolutions, small nations being crippled even if they're in a market (and "bugs" like market leaders not making enough convoys), or that pops are their jobs and you can delete the upper classes by autocratically changing production method or deleting buildings, i.e. there is no promotion/demotion system that could be argued simulates accumulated wealth, there is just workplaces.

I would also not believe a mod could provide a reasonable investment economy. You could make the construction queue 100% private,

And then I'd have to question if there is a mod that agrees with my political outlook on the era. After all, Multicultural or any analogue should be stripped from the game.
>>
>>1723837
Redditors claim wood limitations made everyone dig up coal to heat their homes.
But that was because there were less trees to cut down, not because countries reached an arbitrary cap on lumber mills.
And you can't really stimulate demand for coal that way because the game doesn't work like that. In fact you will never have enough coal.

Yes, the game is retarded.
>>
>>1723910
>less trees to cut down
fewer
>>
>>1723831
Stop overbuilding, idiot. Push money DOWN.
>>
>>1723914
>Stop overbuilding
B-But then how will my GDP rise?
>>
>>1723915
Beh beh beh, do you, at least, export the shit you manufacture? How do you maintain demand?
>>
there should be government pops like policemen and doctors
>>
>>1712430
Why is your GDP that small in 1902?
>>1714014
Not true at all, if you rush military tech you can take on 3x larger armies easily, definitely worth it if you're playing a tiny but economically strong country like Belgium, Switzerland or Venezuela.
>>
>>1723915
EXACTLY!
>>
>>1723920
yes it's hard to regulate tho but i'm getting better at it. i think i need to find larger markets and concentrate on less goods.
>>
>>1723939
It's not. You just need to maintain pace with how many jobs you create tied to your birth rate.
>>
>>1723934
>you can take on 3x larger armies easily
Temporarily, with some luck, not that large of a gap, and only on defense.
I had skirmish&shrapnel vs line&mobile and I still was on the backfoot against an army just 1.5 times my size until I bled them enough on defense to start attacking. which was short lived because they rolled dug in which gave them more def than I had attack and then my entire advantage evaporated.
>>
>>1723831
>Sometimes my economy just breaks and I debt spiral though.
Have you tried turning off your construction sectors?
Private construction uses everything you don't, according to reddit.
>>
>pages up and down binded to scrolling
>no not the map, they scroll the outliner
>unlike all the other paradox games
So what is a man like me, with a broken mouse wheel, supposed to do?
>>
>>1723960
Use your keyboard? Rebind keys?
>>
>>1723962
I fucking would if I could mate, the fucking SCROLL binder doesn't SCROLL the fucking MAP so it's literally worthless, and there's no other binder for that role for some retarded reason so I'm literally just fucked.
>>
File: retardwar.jpg (685 KB, 1920x1080)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>we are only killing them 17 to 1 I can't support this war CAPITULATE NOW!
>>
>>1724128
>muh KDR, tho! ;_;
lol

lmao
>>
>>1724128
Dumb naval invasions aside, you got a shitton of radicals and no navy
>>
>>1724163
>muh radicals
they don't even do anything
>>
File: truce.jpg (724 KB, 1920x1080)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
>truce
>still can join plays against you
epic
>>
>>1724128
You're dumb
>>
>>1724128
The game doesn't tell you this, but wargoals like recognition require you to occupy (any) piece of enemy land. Just naval invade French Guyana with a single dude on a boat.
>>
>>1724269
>he tried exploiting truce and alliance system
lmao
>>
>>1724343
Isn't that what truce means?
>>
File: fag.jpg (627 KB, 1920x1080)
627 KB
627 KB JPG
>>1724338
I was lucky then that France took this piece of land then, not lucky enough to not be playing vic3 tho
>>
I'm shitting myself
>>
>>1724394
lol
>>
>>1724269
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/victoria-iii-truce-does-not-restrict-engagement-into-diplomatic-play-and-war-actions.1559880/#post-28719516
>Duke Corvus
>Thank you for reporting this! This is working as designed, as the Truce should prevent you from initiating Diplomatic Plays but you can still become a defender.
>>
>>1724388
No, it means there is a tentative agreement not to go against each other directly.
>>
>>1711334
The key to win in Victoria III is to play Victoria II with HFM Redux instead.
>>
>>1724470
Its counterintuitive but it makes some sense gameplay wise, at least for for the future gameplay, imagine you are the UK and a country you have invested into is being diploplayed by another country you have a truce with, its quite frustrating to see your investment be wasted because you have to wait for a timer to reach zero instead of you know defending your interests.
>>
>>1723761
Dude, you literally proved his point. It's behind how many button clicks? It hilarious they said the new UI was the way it was because of how many clicks Vic2 had, when they've literally created the same issues but even worse (and with worse screen space usage too)
>>
>>1724580
Its behind two button clicks, though i agree that it could be behind just one click
>>
>>1724493
>Its counterintuitive but it makes some sense gameplay wise
I would prefer it if they required a diplo pact with the target first. Any diplo pact, including the trade and customs union.
I know you're supposed to use obligations but those are hard to get, especially against countries who WILL side against you, because they hate you.

I'd also like it if defensive pacts and alliances called you in automatically and you had to leave rather than going at speed 5 WHOOPS missed the call, oh dear I'm penalised for years now!
>>
>ooga booga niggers from scandinavia attack me, trying to steal my colonies
>kick their fucking teeth in
>while i'm doing this the retards from one of my colonies(who were part of the wargoal) rise up
>white peace the scandis, then i force the rebels to capitulate
>their land is taken over by the scandis instead of me
???
The fuck is this shit? How do you even want me to react?
>>
>>1724862
Oh yeah, and my infamy rose by ten just now. No fucking clue what caused it.
>>
>>1724862
>>1724865
Your Victoria 3 copy is personalized
>>
Can this game please give me a genocide button so I don't have to put up with the constant revolts of this colony of 15k men for another 50 years?
>>
>>1711334
>average player numbers 10K
>EU4 and CK3 have avg of 30K
Is it a flop?
>>
>>1724948
Ask that after the next DLC
>>
>>1724949
>everybody buys it
>its bugged so badly that you cant play for more than 10 years
>everybody leaves a negative review
Okay, what now?
>>
>literally every single pacific island seceding
I swear to fucking god.
Also, I just had Korea secede on me. By the time I fucked them in the war and integrated them back in my empire(one year) they had deleted a good half of all the buildings I built in their shithole.
>>
>>1724947
We really do need either a genocide button or an effective way of reducing turmoil that isn't passing globohomo laws.
>>
>AI keeps seceding and deleting all of my buildings
>in this game about building buildings
>>
File: 1706064261268410.png (1.16 MB, 1527x749)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>1725068
le gameplay loop
>>
>>1725010
Less than a month left so no point in making headcanons, i'll say that this is the piece of content that might be the turning point, both for good or bad, the content seems great but without balance and the needed bugfixes it will be interpreted by the audience as a failure and i don't think the brand can afford another one, especially considering the price of the DLC.
>>
>>1725068
>games gives you more opportunity to build new buildings
>complain
Some people just don't want to be happy.
>>
Wait, do I understand this right? The only way to assimilate other populations is to treat them all as equal to your primary culture? And if you don't do that then you'll just endlessly get attacked by your colonies, which will just keep revolting nonstop no matter how high or low their SoL is?
>>
>>1725636
Genocide is bad.
>>
>>1725650
Yeah, and the only way to genocide people in this game is to treat them equally to you, apparently.
>>
>>1725636
Who would have guessed that some foreign people might integrate into a society if you treat them well, discrimination lowers their SoL too.
>>
>>1725692
What is retarded is that it's the only way to assimilate other peoples into your culture. Public schooling, discrimination, etc should actively help assimilate them, not make them impossible to assimilate. Violent suppression and oppression is THE go-to strat for assimilation in real life. I am literally teaching them to speak my language and to worship my gods, fining them for daring to speak their mother language, whether in public or private, preventing them from going into higher socio-economic positions unless they openly refuse their own culture and people, so why the fuck do they not assimilate? I can understand the unrest and constant revolts, but this should absolutely work to assimilate them(as it did in real life, thousands of times up until now). Also, there really needs to be a genocide button so that I can kill those 500 Pacific Islanders and stop having them declare their(uninvadable) tiny island a proud, independent nation, every single fucking weekend.
>>
>>1725692
People only integrate when forced to.
>>
>>1725692
Go visit Paris and see how multiculturalism helps assimilation (it's don't).
>>
>>1725704
>>1725781
>>1725790
Aside from you being mostly wrong, its still a videogame and for gameplay related reasons its probably for the best that they balanced this way, plus the idea of multiculturalism back then certainly wasn't similiar to the one we have in modern days.
>>
>>1725793
>Aside from you being mostly wrong
Completely right, actually. Look at what public schooling did to the various French regional identities, the Turks to the peoples of Anatolia, the Japanese to the Ainu, the Spanish to the Muslims in Iberia, etc etc.
>and for gameplay related reasons its probably for the best that they balanced this way
As far as I can tell there is literally not a single reason(other than RP) for somebody to not to enact absolute equality and just assimilate the fuck out of everybody.
>>
>>1725801
There are also many examples of the opposite happening, like the germanization of Poland or kurds in Turkey, both repressive attempts at assimilation that didn't work.
>>
>>1725636
Can you still conquer one provience in China and recruit one gorillion soldiers the next day like Vic 2?
>>
>>1725829
Depends, if you have professional army or mass conscription you can recruit 100 units per region but this can be true for every region with enough pops.
>>
>>1725837
And forgot to say that you can also conscript units but there is a -50% penalty to recruitment in unincorporated states and i don't know to how many units that corrisponds to since i never blobbed into or played China.
>>
File: victoria3.png (496 KB, 653x581)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
Do you ever feel like your game is political?
>>
>>1725858
He dreams of a world without borders, where all other countries have been conquered, destroyed and purged of their filthy inhabitants.
>>
>>1725858
This doesn't contradict each other, if there just one ethicity remained, there no need for borders.
>>
>>1725956
>Migration Controls
>only accepted pops can migrate
>this is internally consistent with ethno-nationalism
>>>spawns event about nations hurting and enslaving people, consistent with open borders anarchism
???
>>
>>1725793
>for gameplay related reasons its probably for the best that they balanced this way,
Balance it by making it so you can only get assimilation when you are full globohomo, making the entire thing pointless unless you then backtrack on laws because culture and religion no longer matters?
>>
>>1726178
Yeah that's the problem. Like as Austria, you become Austria-Hungary when you reform your citizenship laws to whatever tolerant shit, at which point you get Hungarian as accepted... but your laws are already set so that all your cultures are effectively accepted. It makes the accepted Hungarian pointless, and also fails to represent how the Hungarians in turn oppressed most of the minorities they ruled over, particularly Romanians and Slovaks.
>>
File: Moscow_July_2011-7a.jpg (227 KB, 1024x936)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>play russia
>get to post-1900
>still at ~30% literacy and no sign it'll improve
>have all the oil but nothing to spend it on (cannot tech what eats it, export is the biggest consumer, vacuum packing in all food factories)
>2000 or so construction points
>the orthodox patriarchs took over ~40 years ago because landowners declined somehow but capitalists didn't really become a thing
>church is now socdem
>have passed universal suffrage and all the social reforms thanks to this
>church is still in charge
>just beat up countries
>don't notice my infamy is at 100+
>literal who... you check to make sure this is right... Italy... says to cut down to size or face a war
>already in 2 major wars
>accept
>lose everything taken from 20+ years ago
>can just reclaim it for less infamy
>end 2 major wars, get protectorate Iran, now without infamy
>realise it's post 1920
>realise you're just staring at the build menu
>realise you're just upping the welfare sliders, hoping it'll affect literacy to get research to... do nothing in the last 16 years of the game
>realise you stopped having fun micromanaging a nation with 50+ states and a hundred million slavs shitting out more slavs like rats that expect to have jobs... at around the 1850 year mark
>realise your Pacific fleet was deleted by the prior secession of territory and your interests were reduced and disabled
>realise this game just isn't fun, it's just addictive
I'm not entirely sure why the church had such an autocratic sway throughout my game.
Got Homesteading but my rural folk became marginalised and my townsfolk didn't really benefit from it.
Do most peasants just not have an allegiance and so the priests simply "win"?
Are the priesthood just overtuned to let them exist alongside the MONSTROUS amount of clout landowners get?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (51 KB, 671x248)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1716092
> that's the only thing HOI4 does better
Look at this. 750 hours and I still never figured out how naval combat works. I just build a bunch of submarines and tell them to give me sea superiority long enough to get troops crossing Taureor style. I spent an entire UK campaign figuring out how ship battles work and watched videos about it and I'm still filtered by this. The system might be good but next time Paracucks need to make it comprehensible.
>>
>>1726346
HoI 4 is the Tekken of the franchise, ridiculous depth and complexity but 95% of players just get by simply doing a couple of things they've learned because they know those usually work even if they don't know why. Which is interesting given how simplistic and dysfunctional it was originally and instead of fixing the fundamentals they just kept adding more stuff, probably my least favourite HoI game.
>>
>>1726305
>I'm not entirely sure why the church had such an autocratic sway throughout my game.
500~ years of Mongols/Tsars sponsored brainwashing of population.
>>
>>1726305
i feel like russians never believed much in religion and it was just a state sponsored thing and social link but everything else sounds right
>>
H-Haha yeah very cool....they're just going to.....secede in a state that they're a minority in.....despite being one of the ethnic groups with the highest average SoL in the entire world....and then after thoroughly explaining to me that they will declare war on me and try to destroy my country, they will import ammunition and weaponry from me.....
>>
>>1726501
The route should disappear the moment the war starts
>>
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-112-political-lobbies.1662629/
>>
>>1726501
At least they are no longer part of your market, back then they would be literally fighting you with your own guns
>>
>>1726748
Sounds pretty good
>>
File: 65678.png (2.95 MB, 1680x1050)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
What a mess
>>
File: 77544.png (2.84 MB, 1680x1050)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB PNG
>>1727348
And somehow Hungary managed to become independent
>>
What is the best way to play tiny nations? Try and spam your way into a GP market?
>>
>>1714289
>>1716092
>>1726346
Hoi4 is just a very fundamentally flawed game even moreso with the whole focus trees bullshit.
>>
File: 16_9_1.jpg (961 KB, 1920x1080)
961 KB
961 KB JPG
He doesn't want our enjoyment spoiled by EXCESSIVE buginess
>>
>>1721871
As Russia your real enemy is not the landowners, rather, the church. You need to pass total separation as soon as the game starts, just restart if you fail. Then build wood, mines, tools, steel and motors. Just chuck the migration edict in every coal+iron province and build them insanely tall. Build a lot of universities, bureaucracy buildings (try pass appointed bureaucrats, you should be easily able to) and art academies to empower the smart yellow guys. The industrialists will go up automatically over time as long as you keep building. Both will gradually erode the landowners power. DON'T try to pass landed voting or any other kind of voting. Just go straight from autocracy to universal suffrage as soon as your landowners are too weak to revolt. You can cheese it with revolutions and having only barracks in the capital, but this way you can to it "organically", if you so wish.
>>
>>1729446
Join a GP market right off the bat, build ONLY art academies. You will instantly become the world's leading producer (free prestige) and also massively empower the intellegentsia, which will help you pass the good laws.
>>
>>1729446
Blob out of control, pass globohomo laws.
>>
>>1729819
Damn it
>>
>>1729868
What is the best way to join a GP market? If you border and have similar culture it's easy, but not if you're playing some shitty asia/african nation. I know you can do a war and offer protectorate, but it's not reliable.
>>
Is there a mod that makes workers also want to invest their money ?
For all this game's push towards workers earning their share of the profits, its retarded that they wouldnt want to engage themselves with investing if they ever got a lot of cash to spare.
>>
>>1730193
Anon, that is the one realistic downside that wholesome chungus communism currently has in the game. Turning every business into a co-op kills the investment pool (as it should).
>>
>>1730193
I haven't found a place explaining why worker coops are the way they are according to the devs, just speculation like "Well Yugoslavia's job creation economy was shit, so that's why Vicky 3 is like that".
Farmers and Shopkeepers do reinvest, just with less efficiency bonuses.

If you want workers to be able to invest, then join the club. Dividend tax is applied after investments, which makes Graduated tax better than everything else for no good reason, unless you have extremely high wages, which doesn't happen. Public trading/shareholding means nothing and could be removed from the game. The game is retarded on so many levels.
>>
>>1730711
Do you know any better economic simulator games then ?
The only reason Im playing this one is to fiddle with the demand/supply part and find whats optimal towards making a robust self managing economy, but this meme end where the state becomes the sole investor just because workers only want to put their money under the mattress is a real turn off.
>>
File: 1691904008333673.png (103 KB, 483x174)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
Had my first actual great war because I played longer than the 1900's since I was only just then starting to see explosive growth. Me and most of my market vs Russia, Italy, and Spain. Until the war I stayed around ~150-200 brigades of purely professional soldiers and had fully equipped one of my armies with armor, mid war when I was starting to lose on every front that the armor division wasn't at with it being impossible to get a naval landing off because even though I had a better navy I had to fight 10+ navies that would recover before I went through them all I went full victory or death mode and cut all of my authority spending to enable enlistment decrees on every state I could and then started conscripting absolutely everyone.
and holy fucking shit you can conscript a LOT of troops.
It took a while, and many citizens died fighting in almost depleted armies, but the endless reinforcements proved too much and soon I was surging into Russian and Italian land. A revolt happened in one of my protectorates which kept my armies mobilized and then Russia decided to try to find a victory in Asia only to be met with a Roman war machine at full swing ready to start a continuation war.
This is what my battalion tooltip looked like at the end of the continuation war.

It's a shame I can't see the results of old wars but Russia lost ~2.3m in the first war and ~400k in the second, Italy lost ~400-600k, Spain ~200k, and I lost a total of ~800k.
Russia was a pushover tech wise but they made it impossible to properly defend against Italy which is where most of my casualties probably came from as I saw armies down at 4k manpower on the Italian front.

Overall, Greece isn't as bad as it seems. The first 40 or so years is pure misery but when you actually manage to start winning wars against the ottomans solo you can get a lot of population, especially if you press the funny purple button. I ended the game with 90m despite releasing all of my non-middle east overseas holdings.
>>
>>1732426
>Overall, Greece isn't as bad as it seems
Should clarify something here.
It's not a good nation. Your growth comes too little and too late while as a nation like Russia you can just already have won the game by the 70-80's. But it actually has a light at the end of the tunnel unlike a lot of other small nations.
>>
Why the world has so little oil in this game? Even the USA doesn't have enough
>>
Yummy railroading
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/victoria-3-dev-diary-114-the-great-game.1670536/
>>
File: eleison10.png (3.56 MB, 1920x1080)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB PNG
Kyrie Eleison
You may be wondering what the fuck you're looking at here. Well you see, I downloaded that one epic Byzantiums mememod that sets the start date to 1736, and the end to 1936, and I picked Japan and played the everloving fuck out of it. For those who are wondering, the performance hit agonizing speeds at about 1750 or so and has not recovered for even one second since.
My SoL in the home islands is about 23, which puts me at no1 in the whole world, above Milan(22.4), Pisa(21.9), Saxony(19.9), Persia(18.8) and Genoa(18.4) among others. As for why exactly my average SoL is so low, that is because states that aren't incorporated count for it too, and so far every single Chinese state I have taken are at 4-7 SoL, for some reasons beyond my comprehension. In time, as millions die and the state gradually stabilizes, their SoL will rise and eventually become something like 17, and even go up to 21 or so if I incorporate them and they start benefiting from my hospitals and other such things, but so far the only states that I have incorporated so far that an ignorant individual may mistake to be a part of China are Taiwan and Manchuria.
>>
File: eleison12.png (3.04 MB, 1920x1080)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>1740816
According to my citizenship laws the Chinese are sort of accepted in my country but not really, and that great position allows them to migrate wherever the fuck they want. What does this mean? It means that they've migrated EVERYWHERE, 10% of the populations of Touhoku, Kantou and Kyuushuu are Han Chinese. I have no clue if they're assimilating or not. Korea also underwent an interesting change in my game thanks to migration. At first the Korean states were naturally all Korean, but after conquering I put in a lot of special attention to migrate as many Japanese men there as possible, which worked very well, and eventually all of those states became majority Japanese. Do you know what happened afterward? I conquered some Chinese states, and the people living there all migrated to Korea. The average Korean state is now majority Han, partially Japanese.
>>
File: eleison9.png (3.54 MB, 1920x1080)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>1740818
In 1880 or so I realized that even when I cross the infamy limit none of the faggot AI dare to even look in my direction. So I decided to blob like a fucking retard. The vast majority of what you see here was taken after this realization. Everything on the map that you see, which is red, is either under my direct rule or a puppet that I will eventually annex. The Mughal Empire and its various subjects, as well as Anahuac, the steambonk Aztec Empire, are also my subjects, though I have yet to elevate them to puppet status. I would like to blob a little more in the Americas and to gut Venetian India, but I also honestly really really don't want to play this shit anymore. I'm also pretty sure that I can't take Venetian India and release it as various puppets, I have to directly gobble up the thing and be flooded with Indians, which is something I don't want.
>>
File: eleison5.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>1740824
The AI in this game(or mod?) is practically non-existent. The most interesting things to happen in these (almost) 200 years was Venice blobbing, Al-Andalus as well as the Kalmar Union and Saxony industrializing. That's it. The rest of the AI just sat there doing nothing, especially Tartaria, the Byzantines(who are the main attraction of the mod), and the Holy Roman Empire(read:big France). Among these the best one off is Tartaria, the rest are literally sub-10 SoL shitholes with an average literacy of 30%. By the way, the literacy in Japan proper was about 95% before the Chinese came and dragged it down to 90%. Also, regarding technology. Even on that front the AI is extremely passive, so for the last 100 years I have just been pioneering nonstop and unlocking new shit for everybody else to leech off of, the AI rarely manage to unlock a new tech that I don't already have. And one word about colonization, it's absolute fucking SHIT. The mod(?) capped the colonization progress to 0.75% per day, so it's agonizingly slow. Compare that to my base growth of 21.34. That would still be fine though, were it not for the natives, which were terribly implemented in the base game and became even worse with this mod. Every single year they chimp out and attack me, completely blocking me from any diplomatic moves and wasting my money as well as braincells. Now imagine yourself colonizing a dozen different areas at once, like I did. By the way, that 0.75% growth cap never disappears(or at least it hasn't yet even though I have unlocked malaria prevention) so you'll have to deal with that forever.
>>
File: eleison6.png (3.37 MB, 1920x1080)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB PNG
>>1740832
I think the mod improves the game in various ways and could be a nice breath of fresh air, but right now the AI is way too passive and the performance of the game(both base and modded) way too fucking abysmal. Putting 50 hours into a retarded blob like this is not all that fun, especially when you're getting raped by the ten billion natives and nonsensical uprisings that each manage to gather up one or two battalions at best, and you have to go through all of that for 200 years straight with an absolutely pathetic game speed.
>>
File: eleison7.png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
>>1740834
Not much else to say.
>>
File: eleison4.png (3.1 MB, 1920x1080)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB PNG
>>1740836
>>
File: eleison3.png (3.35 MB, 1920x1080)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
>>1740838
I don't think I'll revisit this save and play up to 1936, at least unless something really bad happens and I need to escape reality. Don't plan on playing this shit game again either, for another few years at least.
>>
>>1723718
`00% it's ahistorical and meant to push their politics
>>
File: eleison2.png (2.15 MB, 1920x1080)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>1740839
I made sure to not give women any extra rights, since doing that would lower birth rates. Right now with an annual 0.71% growth I get 2.69m more people, if I were to take all of China, incorporate them, and lift them up to a decent SoL it would probably jump up to 7m or 10m or so. As for why I want more population so much, the reason is quite simple. Since I am international pariah, literally everybody but my subjects are against me, so if my blob wanted to keep on surviving into the future it would have to be stronger than the entire rest of the world, in both the military and economy. The best way to ensure that is to get a few billion more people in my country.
>>
File: eleison1.png (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>>1740843
And that'll be all.
>>
>>1740818
How did you get the Japanese to migrate to Korea?
>>
File: hvv.png (3.07 MB, 1920x1080)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>1740885
The state edict that raises migration attraction + lots of prayer
>>
>>1740917
Grim. This is the future liberals want for Japan.
>>
>>1740834
Couldn't you have made the borders prettier?
>>
>>1740816
I'm baffled how you were able to persevere double the length of the original campaign, considering the performance went to shit 20 years in. Also, isn't unemployment a huge problem?
>>
>>1724948
Victoria has always been niche among Paradox titles. It takes a certain kind of autism to find an economy simulator fun to play.
>>
File: border.png (3.54 MB, 1920x1080)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
>>1740925
It would be an ethnostate if there was a genocide button that I could press. Alas no such feature is in the base game and I couldn't be bothered to find a mod for it, if there even is any.
>>1740933
I was in the middle of that when I got fucking sick of playing and stopped. Ideally I would have something like this image, but the shit state borders and it being impossible to take certain parts of a state and leave the rest makes it very hard to get something that looks good. Kamchatka used to look very sexy before I colonized the remaining bits.
>>1740940
I played for like 6-8 hours a day for five days straight or something. The last time that I actually touched this save was 15 days ago, I thought that I would take a short break and then drag the thing to 1936 before posting about it, but I can't find the motivation.
>Also, isn't unemployment a huge problem?
A mere 10 million people are unemployed, that's all. About 13m are peasants and 90m are employed, by the way. I don't think there's a single peasant in my empire that isn't Chinese.
>>
>>1711334
game is garbage, they fucking destroyed Vicky legacy with this shit, imagine not even bothering to develop proper war and military mechanics in and empire simulator, fucking retards, paradox went to shit when they started to only care about money... lost their soul... if only there was an alternative for grand strategy games, EU 4 is so fucking bloated at this point... saddest thing is that they sell an unfinished game at AAA prices, wtf is wrong with these pieces of shit? fucking nord trannies, get your shit together... keep this shit going and pretty soon you wont be able to afford the BBC that you love so much
>>
>>1740956
>A mere 10 million people are unemployed
That's interesting. I remember that later in the game I had problem with unemployed as there were fewer and fewer raw resources to obtain and then use in factories.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.