[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
Why have there been no good city builders in years?
You'd think it would be easier than ever with how fast CPUs are today.
>>
File: anno 1800.jpg (417 KB, 1920x1080)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>1714389
can you fuck off to /v/ you brainrotten faggotron with your retarded pics
fuck off, keep that garbage there
>>
Because Westerners are no longer interested in making good games, and Japan doesn't care about the genre.
>>
>>1714397
>posts a 5-year old game to rebut the statement that it's been years without a good city builder
>>
>>1714400
i am not rebutting shit, i am telling him to fuck off
it's just a random pic i have
>>
>>1714402
Why are you seething, did OP hurt your feels?
Don't cry, now sweet little plebbitor.
>>
>>1714398
Maybe the Chinese can step up?
They're are a quarter of Steam users after all.
>>
>>1714389
>You'd think it would be easier than ever with how fast CPUs are today.
I know you're trolling, but what do you mean by this? Like to do simulation on the theoretical city models that might help them design a game mechanic? Or like have a ultra complex economic system, and you're assuming somehow automatically that will equal to a "good" game? To note, most consumer CPUs still cannot handle intense graphics like GPU by the way.
>>
>>1714410
Just that they have way more possibilities.
I guess devs are just that bad, that performance of games gets worse despite GPUs doubling in performance.
And many games like CS2 don't even look good.
>>
>>1714409
Yeah, but that works though. Especially considering most Japanese now do not know how to use a computer, and they're brain draining the best that do from both Korea and Japan. You might not like the chinks, but don't dismiss them as not effective.
>>
>>1714414
That just goes back to the problem mentioned earlier that Japan isn't particularly interested in city builders. If they were and made some good ones, then China could make some knockoffs.
>>
>>1714389
>paradox games at release are now buggy unfinished mess due to libtards and it totally wasn't like this for ages
/pol/cels are so embarrassing
>>
>>1714409
>>1714418
China makes good games they just don't make good games for western markets like Japan does.
>>
>>1714419
They never made PC games, not sure why you even brought them up.

Keep your China hate to yourself, boomer.
>>
>>1714419
If you want a straight face answer it's mostly due to economic policy of the corporation. I don't want to dismiss the woke agenda completely, as that does effect the workflow, the design process, and finished quality; however it's like small shit compared to what the shareholders want. The most stereotypical example is EA consuming a company whole and demolishing the original competent team, which started way before modern SMS. Several Symptoms:

>Game design innovation slows down, at worse only reusing the same ones from previous entries with different coats of paint. As it is way cheaper and faster to make a content.
Modern FPS are basically this, but for /vst/ Total War: Troy, as well as Pharaoh comes to mind. X-COM Chimera Squad is like in the threshold for most fans.
>Cut content into small pieces of DLC & Microtransaction, and overcharge it and/or stretch development time.
Paradox...
>Do a half-ass renewal of previous titles of decades past to milk nostalgia. The milking in itself isn't bad per say, but the half-ass barely compatible with modern machine shit is.
Any company with at least 20 years of history.
>>
>>1714442
But many of these games flopped, Skylines also flopped.
Turns out those investors aren't very good.
>>
>>1714442
This meant for >>1714413.
I must of mislciked or something on the shitty mouse.
>>
>>1714389
Don't worry, Manor Lords will save us.
>>
>>1714389
Why didn't you like the citybuilders of recent years?
>>
>>1714424
the tranny faggots will shill shit just because it has rainbow flags and other fag shit even if the game sucks, so yes, they are helping paradox do this
>>
I liked this one recently
>>
File: sc4.png (1.81 MB, 1079x605)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB PNG
https://github.com/memo33/sc4-3d-camera-dll
>>
Why is there a lack of city builder open world games? I just want to take some time to run or drive around the city I've built from the ground level. Currently, the one most like that is Dwarf Fortress's adventure mode of all things. There have been a few rpgs where you build a city on the side as well as crafting games where you can build structures, but nothing where you can just GTA it up for a while between actually managing cities, zoning, populace, and policies and the like.
>>
>>1714389
We don't need a new city builder every year, the good thing about city builders is that you can play them for years.
>>
>>1714410
>I know you're trolling, but what do you mean by this?
What would be welcome is a city-builder that is halfway between Workers and Resources and Cities:Skylines. There is a demand for a game where roads are not constructed the instant you place them and where materials have to move from source to sink, but also something that is not quite as complicated as W&R where you have to set the route for every single vehicle.
>>
File: IMG_0326.jpg (828 KB, 1920x1080)
828 KB
828 KB JPG
>>1714389
Patron is pretty comfy for a city builder set in the middle ages
>>
>>1714428
NTA but No
>>
File: Urban Jungle 16.png (2.14 MB, 1536x1024)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>
>>1720067
>>1728193
we lurkers thank you.
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (1.72 MB, 1620x910)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>1714389
Just got this the other day. Need to find more city builders with survival elements
>>
>>1727695
patron is a hidden gem. but it takes a long, long time for your pops to class up. it takes a whole generation even after you have the required buildings built. like 30 winters long.
>>
>>1730793
I own that already looking for others
>>
>>1730793
Just realized you weren’t replying to my recent post my bad
>>
>>1720067
>>1728193
i'd just like to say that NAM is for plebs and real patricians play SC4 vanilla
>>
I like city skylines and have been playing it for six years now. Also like city skylines 2 but there aren’t any mods yet and it’s still a little buggy
>>
cucksoles and jews killed the genre.
We are never getting another Will Wright or Sid Meier ever again.
>>
>>1730785
Anyone?
>>
>>1731855
>posts a game without giving the name
>expects others to give him the names of games
>>
>>1731881
It’s T Minus 30 a simple reverse image search could have saved you the trouble of posting cringe
>>
>>1732969
A simple google search could have saved you days of waiting with no answer.
>>
>>1732975
Sounds like a skill issue on your part. If we can’t recommend games, what good is this forum anyways?
>>
>>1734069
>recommend games
>>>/wsr/
>>
File: portcity.jpg (2.82 MB, 1920x1080)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>1720067
Simcity 4 still the best after 20 years.
>>
>>1718736
this game is gonna be one of the goats

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.