[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kIUVQ4Iz_400x400.jpg (48 KB, 400x400)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I'm relatively new to Anbennar, but somewhere here I came across information that the mod has been sanitized over time (for example, Orcs have lost their bloodthirstiness). I'm particularly interested in the "elven supermacy" trees here.

Can anyone confirm this?
>>
This feels like a shitpost prompt.

I would say this is possible, but it's like saying that between Denver and Memphis there is a big elevation change.
Yes technically true but it's so slow it should be imperceptible.

>I'm particularly interested in the "elven supermacy" trees here

Aelnar is not getting change probably, Ibevar I don't really know but their tree is barebones, Sun Elves are still similar but somewhat whitewashed, Azkare was always weird.

Any specific questions?
>>
>>1734969
- Have Orcs become less brutal (lore wise)?
- What happened to the angels?
- Can any of the changes be considered an attempt at self-censorship (in your opinion)?
>>
You could've asked in the other thread but yes. The orcs rampaging across Escann and killing the humans, elves, and other civilized races was changed into them having honorable duels with farmers and other land owners and all the deaths happened due to starvation. Elven mission trees such as Aelnar where they also commit genocide have remainded untouched.
>>
>>1734976
>The orcs rampaging across Escann and killing the humans, elves, and other civilized races was changed into them having honorable duels with farmers and other land owners and all the deaths happened due to starvation.

Honorable duels? This is absurd! What's next? Cake trade economy? Harpy safe spaces? Bollywood dance duels instead wars?
>>
What happened to my femdom harpies?
>>
Half-orcs ARE NOT the product of rape. All half-orcs are the product of consensual sex by impressed Northern ladies.
>>
>>1735002
They don't have to be Northern. There are culture groups all over that have a Half-Orc variant culture, even ones that don't have any orcs nearby.
>>
>>1735047
Rapes due to mass migration explain this phenomenon. Cultural diffusion - not so much.
>>
>>1734969
Not him but I have some specific questions in general.
>Bloodtooth Ogres
It's a culture in-game but doesn't exist anywhere. Is it true that this is related to the non-Maghargma Fathide Ogre formable which takes you down a path of becoming evil or something? Or are they just a holdover from an earlier version since they aren't even mentioned on the wiki while half a dozen extinct varieties are.
>Redtusk Orcs
I don't know if they're tied to one of the formable nations (like Grombar orcs for example) but if they are, I can't figure out what would form them. Or are they a holdover from some earlier version of the game, since they aren't even listed on the wiki.
>Dwarven Adventurer
Do you have any tips for how to play as them? There are a couple holds I wanted to reform and sort of play out their "short victory" hold goals like the anti-Wood Elf one. I read online people mentioning migrating passed all the pre-existing holds so they can vassalize them. Anything like that? There is one particular playthrough I want to attempt that I know will be very difficult and RNG dependent (the dream magic dwarfs), but I want to see if I can go full Dwarfen restoration with them.
>>
>>1735052
No, I mean REALLY far. The only orcs on the Eastern half of the map are two small enslaved brown orc (lol) tags which are slaves to the Hobgoblins. And yet, the Yan chinks half a Yan Half-Orc culture.
>>
>>1735058
Bantu invasion vibes.
>>
>>1735054
Redtusks show up in Corintar
>>
>>1735067
Sorry, I'm checking the different region map modes and I can't find that. Where is it?
>>
>>1734975
>Have Orcs become less brutal (lore wise)?
Orcs are so fucked up they can only go one direction, but so far no changes have been made in regards to pre-1444 lore.
>What happened to the angels?
Mostly axed, though they exist in mythology.
>Can any of the changes be considered an attempt at self-censorship (in your opinion)?
Calling it self-censorship is a misnomer, but yes I think in the long term some stuff like purging, expelling or just "racist" tags will be somewhat rarer. This is the impression I got from what most people complain about and openly say they want to change or by the general trend of new mission trees and national ideas.
>>
>>1735054
>Do you have any tips for how to play as them? There are a couple holds I wanted to reform and sort of play out their "short victory" hold goals like the anti-Wood Elf one. I read online people mentioning migrating passed all the pre-existing holds so they can vassalize them. Anything like that? There is one particular playthrough I want to attempt that I know will be very difficult and RNG dependent (the dream magic dwarfs), but I want to see if I can go full Dwarfen restoration with them.
The general idea of dwarven adventurers is to do expeditions for a while, the idea to vassalize pre-existing holds and killing migratory tribes is sound, although the second part can be skipped so that these tags colonize for you and speed up your expansion.

For expeditions there are some guides around but I can't really help you there.

>the dream magic dwarfs

That nation is a bit of a meme so I'm not sure it's worth it, try new nations like Orgstun or Burad before
>>
>>1735072
It's the red nation in eastern Escann, east of the big lake
>>1735058
>And yet, the Yan chinks half a Yan Half-Orc culture.
What?
>>
File: 20240421173206_1.jpg (18 KB, 195x281)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1735084
The Yan Chinks have* a Yan Half-Orc culture
>>
File: 20240413193506_1.jpg (19 KB, 217x241)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1735084
>It's the red nation in eastern Escann, east of the big lake
That's where the Barumandi and Ungulan Orcs are from. Are the Redtusks from a different formable in the same region? And while I'm looking at it, where are the Rugan and Karashari orcs from?
>>
>>1735085
The Yan Horc culture is formed by Bianfang->Dahui as an option to assimilate orcs.
>>1735088
Redtusks afaik are just orcs that are loyal to Corintar, not part of a seperate nation.
>Rugan
not sure
>Karashari
It's a meme nation that can be formed by any serpentspine orcs that conquers into Bulwar and becomes old sun cult.
>>
>>1735090
>Rugan
nvm I looked it up, it's Khozrugan, a third orcish formable in Escann which is bellicose and wants to redo the Greentide for the rest of Cannor.
>>
>>1734990
>Honorable duels? This is absurd! What's next? Cake trade economy? Harpy safe spaces? Bollywood dance duels instead wars?
okay i got the bolywood and h*rpy references, but what's up with the cake trade thing?
>>
>>1735090
>It's a meme nation that can be formed by any serpentspine orcs that conquers into Bulwar and becomes old sun cult.
Sounds like a hot meme, thanks. I think them and the Emerald Orcs will be my orc playthroughs.
>>1735081
>That nation is a bit of a meme so I'm not sure it's worth it, try new nations like Orgstun or Burad before
Are the Dream Dwarfs much older? I was under the impression they had a goofy but OP mission tree. But if it's a really old one that hasn't been touched up then it sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort.
>>
>>1735002
>Half-orcs ARE NOT the product of rape. All half-orcs are the product of consensual sex by impressed Northern ladies.

Is this the actual new lore or is the op memeing>?
>>
>>1735093
>Are the Dream Dwarfs much older? I was under the impression they had a goofy but OP mission tree. But if it's a really old one that hasn't been touched up then it sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort.
it's outright a troll tag, thez have marine troops lol.

For new adventurer formables Burad and Haraz Hordlum are good choices.
>>
>>1734975
>What happened to the angels?
Impossible to get them to work right in EU4, apparently.
>Can any of the changes be considered an attempt at self-censorship
If you're referring to the "not a genocide" Greentide, sorta but not really. The Greentide was always depicted as a mass invasion of Escann, and in game you can clearly see that there are no humans left. That hasn't changed. People pointed it out to JayBoner that this sounds like a genocide, the systematic extermination of a specific population. Anbennar is supposed to be this *noblebright* fantasy setting where everyone works together or some feel-good shit like that, so he tried to get around the implications that such a genocide would have on the setting by saying the orcs honorably dueled the human warriors and won in honorable combat. And the peasants just gave up and left their homes in shame or something.

People then pointed out that the forced displacement of a targeted group from their homes also constitutes a genocide, which I don't think he ever gave another asspull response to that.
>>
File: heusedtobebased.png (444 KB, 1152x962)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
Despite being one of the most iconic mission trees of Anbennar, EU5 isn't likely to have Aelnar. Or, at least, not the Aelnar we know now. They will justify it by saying that it's 'not realistic' for a nation so insignificant and with such a small population to colonize that much, so quickly.

The mod used to be based. Now, we are only fed slop, with the occasional ambrosia that manages to dodge or sneak past all those who would see it unmade. It's not 'Elven Supremacy' since update 16, chud. It's 'Elven Friendship and Unity under an egalitarian government', now. Get it right.

Enjoy the mod while you can.
>>
>>1735154
eu5 is going to suck ass, who cares
>>
>>1735154
The 2019 interaction is so funny
>>
>>1735154
Typical Anglo. He wants to be edgy, but when the audience shows up he suddenly becomes polite. This rule works 100% faster when other English people come along with judgment.
>>
>>1735124
The Israelis honorably dueled the Palestinians and they just left in shame
>>
>>1734914
>the mod has been sanitized over time
If you boot up the now no longer in development mission tree for Moredhal you'll see that basically every mission boils down to putting non-humans in concentration camps.
Now I will be upfront with not knowing whether or not work stopped because the person working on it disappeared or because it was considered too edgy.
>>
>>1735478
It's hard to say if anyone is working on the modem at all. Last time, 12 months passed between updates, and the last update was in November...
>>
>>1735154
things change beastboy
>>
>>1735154
>Now, we are only given fed slop

ftfy
>>
>>1735483
On worse.
>>
File: 20240422171848_1.jpg (17 KB, 232x168)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
How do all the other Hobgoblin cultures appear? Only three seem to exist at game start. Do they just pop up dynamically as you blob in certain regions or something? They're pretty huge in my current campaign yet they haven't appeared.
>>
>>1735873
The first 3 you know, the next 3 are new sub-commands that are created within the Command MT for the new land conquered.
Dragon is for Yanshen AND it's also re-used as the Yanified Hobgoblin culture for the Dahui MT
Tiger is for Rahen and I believe is also used by the Rajnadaga mt, not sure
Elephant is for South Haless and Xia
Swallow Hogoblins are Hobgoblin exiles in Lot Dekkhang, I don't think they can ever become a majority culture and are used for advisors afaik
Fenghuang is apparently creaed by Azkare, not sure how.
In the Bitbucket version there is also the Eagle Hobgoblins in the plateau "Valley" north-west of the Command
>>
>>1735881
Aw they're just putting more Hobgoblins up there? I thought that area looked ripe for something more interesting, since it's an isolated mountain valley.
>>
How do orc adventurers work? If there is a decision somewhere to "settle" I'm not seeing it, and it's kind of fucking up my campaign attempt.
>>
>>1735058
Yan Half-Orcs exist as a culture for Dahui (Yanshen monarchy formable). Basically Dahui sends ethnic Yan people westwards to interbreed with Brown Orcs to "tame down" their savagery and make them Yan through intermixing. If you play as Bianfang->Dahui you'll see how that works.
>>
>>1736400
you just play like a vanilla EU4 native (add/conquer tribal land -> settle tribal land)

after you complete all your government reforms and reform from native to monarchy/republic/theocracy, you'll be able to pass a decision to form one of the 3 orcish formables

which of the 3 it is depends on your capital's region:
West Castanor - Khozrugan
Inner Castanor - Unguldavor
South Castanor - Barumand
>>
>>1736449
I was referring to the Serpentspine ones
>>
Any edgy things in Anbennar, despite orcs and supermacy elves?
>>
>>1736685
vampires
>>
>>1736685
The Command are Athiest Hobgoblin Samurai Slavers
>>
>>1735124
This is going to be addressed in the future with a large increase in human culture and human minority provinces in escann, the new lore is going to be is that the human population was not displaced, but the pure number of orcs allowed them to become a majority in large areas,
>>
>>1736756
>This is going to be addressed in the future with a large increase in human culture and human minority provinces in escann
Jay rejected even an extremely mild suggestion, I see no way a change is happening
>>
>>1736756
Surely you have better things to do than to defend every decision made by the do-nothing trannies and faggots that now hold the positions of reviewers, right Batavi?
>>
>>1736924
meds
>>
>>1735154
whats the problem here? are people just baiting? both of those are good comments
>>
>>1737518
you're a monkey if you can't understand what that image is saying. go back to eating rocks under your mountain you pygmy
>>
>>1736685
ogre cannibals
swamp trolls
chaingrasper in general
multiple dorf tags
whenever they bring leechmen back
lots of smaller things all over the place, the edge isn't always concentrated into weapons grade doses
>>
>>1737666
Do the swamp trolls actually have a mission tree? I just finished the Fjord troll one.
>>
>>1737669
Not yet
>>
>>1736924
I genuinely have no idea who the fuck that is
>>
>>1735154
It hurts
>>
>>1736756
Batavi here, that wasn't me.
Dont mistake my collegiality on the discord for support of the status quo. I would abolish the institution of reviewers if I could and abolish half the rules. Anbennar was at its best when content only need 2 approvals, one from a region lead and one from jay. the last great tree we might ever see is currently being chopped down by reviewers in Asraport.

If it were up to me Escann would be much more of a Race War than it is now, and the genocide that would've happened during the Greentide would've been explicitly named and should have massive repercussions for all of Cannor, with refugee events & orc-human relations being extremely hard to build up, using special events, as it has only been 20 years. Escann is one of two regions that come to mind with massive demographic shifts right before gamestart, the other being the Ruin Kingdoms. It stands to reason that these regions should be areas of incredibly ethnic tension, unless extraordinary appeasement measures are taken, which the orcs certainly haven't done.
I aint about all that "tolerance is the norm on every continent" stuff.

Don't think this is an Anbennar only problem, WotC has been removing references to racism, discrimination and even racial buffs from D&D 5e, and we have been partially following suit, which I think is a damn shame.

There are reasons I don't dev as much as I used to and took a long break after making 6 trees, one of the reasons being the byzantine bureaucracy which hampens creativity, innovation and uniqueness, another one is that the censorship is WHACK; Jokingly doing a fantasy racism can get you banned from the discord, and thus the team, even though fantasy racism is part of the lore.
>>
also meds
>>
>>1738550
I think there is a great lesson - Don't create with uncreatives.
>>
I was trying to look up a guide for the Karishari Orcs, but it seems super out of date and keeps referencing things that don't seem to be a thing anymore, like black orc specific buildings that can be built in dwarf holds.
Is it out of date or am I somehow missing a lot
>>
>>1738644
>look up a guide
haha what a melt
just take blorcs and invade the surface in bulwar, how hard can it be? your surface capital gets all the serpentspine dev when you leave it
>>
>>1738669
Answer the fucking question nigger can black orcs build in dwarf holds or not because it was telling me I had -50% to everything for being a surface dweller
>>
>>1738676
are you on bitbucket?
>>
>>1738689
no
>>
>>1738693
well, there's your problem, nigger
>>
>>1738698
Then how are the ai orcs deving amhildr up to 99 dev?
>>
>>1738702
black orc buildings, they loot all the other holds and transport it back to their capital, it dissapears when you conquer it
>>
>>1738704
That was what I fucking asked, how do I build black orc buildings. The "guide" said they cost mana dependent on building type but it was several years old. The main point of the guide was getting to that one naval dwarf hold because you can get a bunch of black orc buildings there and because it's technically on the surface you don't lose them after forming Karishari
>>
>>1738708
their not in the building menu, they appear as province modifiers/icons so they are built through decisions
the moment you declare on surface tags you lose your dwarovar buffs, so maybe now you lose your orc unique buildings, probably could have exploited something like that before
>>
>>1734914
its the ultimate marvelsop, dullest, blandest high fantasy. i bet those cuck funko pop collectors love this shit
>>
File: image (42).png (660 KB, 2618x5600)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
The issue of Escann is that the starting setup simply doesn't logistically work, not that orcs are too evil or not enough evil.
Even if you were honest about the orcs needing to be explicitly genocidal at a population-level(meaning it's "just the leaders", the vast majority of orcish warriors has to engage in war crimes and genocidal violence) it still is way too big of a change to happen over 20 years.
The most realistic level of change you can expect in 20 years of mass war is the first pic from above IMO, the second is a stretch that you can get away in a fantasy setting but anything more is just not realistic.

I'd be very surprised if anything much more than the 4th pic ends up being accepted
>>
>>1738714
And these decisions only appear if you occupy a dwarf hold which isn't your capital while another dwarf hold is?
>>
>>1738901
no idea, though you can easily check it yourself if you start as beardkiller or w/e and blob out of shartsundir, however the tungr hold is not part of the serpenstpine so maybe it doesn't count?
anyway, you dont have to cheese it perfectly to the T, just go with what you get and what you find bro
>>
>sarhal "release"
>no mission trees
>religious mechanics tho!~ fuck off it's either empty incidents or coptic mechanics with 100 generic shitty bonuses
>khet mandate is literally more dull than vanilla chink mandate
>vile BBC posting in national ideas

wtf aiuiuiauiirus?
>>
Anbennar threads are always weirdly gatekeepy
>>
>>1739540
>Mods and Development Team gatekeep as much as possible
>Players who play the mod gatekeep as much as possible

I wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg?
>>
>>1739540
Yes. And that's a good thing.
>>
>>1739312
No I don't HAVE to, but if they still have that disgusting -50% government capacity penalty then I'd like to at least mitigate it by having an OP dwarf hold capital
>>
>>1738721
there is going to be 6 human culture provinces and 12 provinces with human minoritys in the final version, its already been approved and is being implemented, on the other hand half orc culture and minorities will be expanded and all human nations in escann formed by adventurers will eventually transition to half-orc besides Esthil and Castellyr,
>>
>>1740198
>>
>>1740198
Fake
>>
At this point you might as well wait until the world is populated then fork the mod to detroon it
Chudbennar
>>
>>1738550
The usual response to something like that is "fork"
You can have whatever changes you want as a separate or a submod
>>
>>1740270
fucking sniper anon, I'm gonna find you and kill you irl
>>
>>1740198

Lmao. Spouting shiiiitt
>>
>>1740270
Holy based.
>>
>>1740198
Don't give them any idezs
>>
>>1734976
>honorable duels with farmers
The more I think about it the funnier this gets
>but the Springfield Brigade was TOO BRAVE to let their surrender
>And the Springfielders heroically slaughters their enemies as they prayed for mercy!
>>
>>1735322
I really don't want to be racist against Anglos, but they always do this unless
>>
>>1738550
see
>>1740283
Do it before it is too late
>>
File: doanbennarcucksreally.jpg (265 KB, 2218x1030)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>1734976
>>1740682
>>
>>1740688
>before it is too late
do you not know how git works?
>>
File: Vrorenmarch.png (745 KB, 1119x401)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
It's impossible to argue the situation in Escann is not caused by orcish actions when the new Vrorenmarch looks like this now.
>>
>>1740870
>Black Orcs: Entire Serpentspine wiped out. Barely more than roaming bands of savages. By victoria 3 don't achieve anything of worth.

>Green Orcs: Entire Escann wiped out. By victoria 3, barely remaining alive in Unguldavor (read: Orcish Escanni Perservation Centre) and utterly at the mercy of the neighboring Escanni powers.

>Grey (White) Orcs: Integrates into local Reachmen culture, intermarries, settles and creates an orcish kingdom that thrives up until victoria 3, known and feared as a Great Power world-wide.

What did the Anbennar devs mean by this?
>>
>>1740892
Snow makes people comfy
>>
How does AI deal with Hoardcurse?
>>
is the ynn actually getting fagged up
>>
is there any new shit to play in the bitbucket?
>>
>>1741068
Vels Fadhecai in the Ynn
>>
>>1740892
Wait, is there an official mod for Victoria? Can I see the map somewhere? I'm curious what the "canon" events are.
>>
File: v3.png (2.97 MB, 2334x870)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB PNG
>>1741096
Post your favourite tag
>>
File: file.png (1.99 MB, 1865x1536)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>1741096
You'd have to go the 'cord for a new one but here's one from last year.
>>
>>1741100
Are the Cossacks Lake Federation folks that started living like the Centaurs or something?
>>
>>1741103
Probably. There's even a cossack tag you can play in the eu4 mod if you leave the lake federation.
>>
>>1741106
Really? I had no idea. The Lake Federation folks really confused me about what they were supposed to be or what they were influenced by.
>>
>>1741072
what is it about?
>>
File: 1701682997912119.gif (96 KB, 220x220)
96 KB
96 KB GIF
>>1741487
You'll have to play to find out
>>
my DNA test came in, 6% orc
am I liable to get reparations from Dwarves?
>>
Have the diamond dwarves gotten localisation for their MT yet?
>>1741695
>Average grombrari "half orc"
>>
>>1741697
no
>>
>>1741695
>axe named reparations
>>
>>1741487
troons
>>
File: 23840.png (424 KB, 543x541)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>1741695
>Destroyed the Dwarf civilization
>Wants reparations
>>
for me? it's emerald orcs
>>
>>1741719
fake
>>
File: 1712184769093693.png (307 KB, 680x710)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>1741723
orcs dindu nuffin, it was da Dookaniel
>>
File: 42233.png (797 KB, 622x761)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>mfw i hit the gnolltard with the pure alenic stare
>>
File: 1699875266180981.jpg (144 KB, 634x810)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>1741792
>average Elikhand resident
>>
>>1741791
Ducaniel is the reverse Jakub
>>
What's the best way to play Anbennar (for free) if I own the base EU4 on steam, can you still pirate the DLC?
>>
>>1741810
stop being poor
>>
>>1741810
look up CreamAPI, figure it out yourself
>>
>>1741810
you can pir8 the DLCs and yes you need all of them
>>
File: 1684900047128693.jpg (205 KB, 581x469)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>1741810
By buying all of the dlc of course. If you enjoy the game you should support it.
>>
>>1741825
>>1741812
I'm going to buy a gun to shoot you Johan, a guilty conscience and EU5 won't save you
>>1741813
>>1741820
okay chiefs
>>
>>1735054
I've got. Skurkokli ogre game going right now so I can confirm yes, you culture switch to Bloodtooth as part of the mission tree. Also all your conquered provinces can randomly change to it sometimes which I haven't figured out
>>
so is this the actual anbennar thread or do we need a new one
>>
>>1741955
This one is perfectly fine.
>>
>Also I am not a lib nor a faggot nor a troon nor a cuck, I am literally behind enemy lines with like 5 other devs who clearly don't fit in either, it can be quite difficult to hold your tongue at times
vi, Bata
>>
>>1741962
What a tragic hero he is. Can he stand firm against the travety that is changed lore of the Greentide?
>>
Since the Greentide is getting changed, can we change Aelnar as well? I like playing elves, but I feel kinda bad for playing the bad guys :(

Maybe we could make it so the Venáil Elves can turn the Ruinborn into proper, non-degenerated elves with magic, science, or simply intermarrying? That would solve the whole icky genocide thing and also explain why they are able to colonize so fast.

Thank you for listening! I hope my suggestion is accepted.
>>
>>1741999
Aelnar should import billions of orcs to enrich their boring elf culture. Think of all the delicious food!
>>
>>1741999
Aelnar must not only remain untouched but also expanded upon! Actual concentration camp mechanics and genocide meters.
>>
File: confused.jpg (63 KB, 754x721)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
why are you still blabbering about this nonsense? Discuss the game or the lore
>>
>>1741999
>Maybe we could make it so the Venáil Elves can turn the Ruinborn into proper, non-degenerated elves
This is actually a good idea, imagine seeing your own cousins cursed to die in their 20's, you'd definitely try to find a way to fix it
>>
>>1742007
Praise kek!
>>
>>1741999
>can turn the Ruinborn into proper, non-degenerated elves
New Rezankand will do this already. Aelnar will remain as it is.
>>
Aelnar needs even more colonists, without debuffs and Lorent shit.
>>
>>1742024
How would it work from a lore perspective? There are not enouf elves to ever support such rapid colonization.
>>
>>1742026
I will breed the elves
>>
File: b7064024904.png (1002 KB, 800x1200)
1002 KB
1002 KB PNG
>>1742028
Fine. But centaur girls are all mine! A human cock will save Forbidden Plains.
>>
>>1742026
Fuck realism. I waited for all these colonization ideas, and I want my four colonists.
>>
How do we fix the forbidden plains so players stop disabling the region every game?
>>
>>1742162
Add racemixing
>>
>>1742162
Even though there are like a hundred tags in the region there are realistically only four: lake federation member, centaur tribe, Skurkoli ogre, and normal ogre, and once you've played one of any of those groups, you've seen basically all the content that group has to offer. No member of the Lake Federation differs meaningfully from any other member of the Lake Federation, just like no centaur tribe differs meaningfully from any other centaur tribe. I don't know how to fix that problem, but that's what the problem seems like to me.
>>
>>1742217
The solution is simple, but not easy.
Add more diverse mission trees to each group. The problem is having the sufficient manpower to make this happen in a timely manner. There IS work happening for each of the three races, but it's being mostly done through the auspices of 1-2 contributors per group, so the speed of development has been quite slow.
>>
>>1742218
Something like that is slowly being implemented, like a monarchy tag for Lakes. But horsepussy plains will probably remain boring forever.
>>
The federation system should be removed, lower the amount of tags in the fed island and make every tag unique
>>
File: Liang.gif (154 KB, 1276x996)
154 KB
154 KB GIF
>>1734914
I wanna try this out since it seem like a vast setting with a lot of role play. What are some of the basics of this world like history, geography, realms, races and religions?
>>
>>1742308
Most basic DnD races
Gods are largely non real or not confirmed real but eldritch beings, fey and demons are.
The world is roughly structurd like ours, rhe new world was the homeland of elves which were super advanced but fell apart because of infighting
the old world mostly follows the general history of our world but there is also a giant cave system spanning multie connected mountain ranges which is the homeland of dwarves, goblins and orcs.
>>
>>1742030
Based horse enjoyer
>>
File: 1702985683554140.png (399 KB, 680x710)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>1742308
Elves are the source of all evil.
>>
>>1742350
Do races have some unique bonuses/mechanics. From what little I saw orcs, harpies, scalies and centaurs caught my attention.
>>
>>1742378
All races come with a set of modifiers (called racial military and administration) that give buffs and debuffs characteristic for the race. Races also have provincial modifiers depending on your state's relationship with them.
>>
>>1742308
I don't understand why people keep comparing Anbennar to D&D. Basically, it's the world of Tolkien's Third Age that suffered a catastrophe that set the wheels of history in motion. In other words, you experience the most important events of modern history, but in a Tolkienesque atmosphere.

What also attracts people to the setting is its internal complexity. It is not the most original, but it is vast and achieves originality by combining things that are not usually combined.
>>
>>1742390
>I don't understand why people keep comparing Anbennar to D&D
Aren't the Artificers ripped directly from the newer DnD class? Then you've got the adventurers killing monsters, and I think some other factions make reference to them utilizing (generic DnD class) in their armies making them more powerful.
>>
>>1742407
Adventurers themselves definitely come from RPG games, mainly D&D. But they are a small part of this world and never dominate it. Fifteenth-century mercenary companies are more important because they can turn into states.
>>
>>1742436
Yeah I wouldn't say the game is primarily based on DnD, but the elements are obviously there just like they are from other fantasy settings like all the ogre/troll/giant lore being ripped straight from warhammer fantasy
>>
>>1742162
idk
it's bumfuckistan central asia
>>
>>1742162
Nerf the absolute fuck out of the federation
>>
File: NeXRs0.jpg (37 KB, 500x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1742030
Castan II is rolling in his grave.
>>
>>1742531
Why? I will be slaying those beasts, if you catch my meaning.
>>
How many fucking times am I gonna have to restart until Frostwall isn't hostile to me, this is bullshit. I don't have time to waste getting them up to 100 relations so they will flip, Gawed truce is short enough as it is
>>
>>1742549
The answer is seven, by the way
>>
>>1742162
remove the region entirely. it serves 0 purpose and the mod loses nothing by having it disappear
>>
File: 20240428192704_1.jpg (1.2 MB, 2560x1440)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
My technology situation has been better
>>
>>1742390
Because it's literally based off of D&D?
>>
>>1742390
the idea of combining fantasy with history is indeed cool, although the execution ended up being less cool than the idea I had in my head.
IRL history still beats Anbennar in depth by a long margin, even if that might appear obvious it shouldn't necessarily be the case.
>>
>>1742390
It's directly based on D&D, the setting originates from a D&D campaign. The first Asra Expedition was an actual campaign.
https://antifandom.com/anbennar/wiki/Fognir_Asra
All (?) of these characters were PCs
>>
Ancient 2016 pre-Anbennar timeline:
https://bpc.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline
Thoughts?
>>
>>1742906
shan't be reading all that
>>
>>1742916
ADHD zoomerbrain
>>
>>1741940
>Also all your conquered provinces can randomly change to it sometimes which I haven't figured out
Happens when you do a mission with the tooltip "the ogre horde settles the conquered lands". There is never a reason to use missionaries or culture conversion as Skurkokli
>>
File: Anbenigger.png (44 KB, 673x193)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>1742390
>>
>>1742954
>you must read my derivative wikipedia bulletin
why?
>>
File: corin.png (1.58 MB, 1000x1317)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
What will you do for her?
>>
>>1743057
nothing because she's a orc whore that tries to usurp Adean because she's also the second coming of Agrados
>>
>>1743057
i'd kill every last orc and goblin for her
>>
>>1743057
She looks like she fucks half orcs.
>>
>>1743001
Well, so it is a D&D game.

But who started original RPG campagin?
>>
>>1743057
finally, decent art of Corin
doesn't change the fact that she is the chosen of Satan (Agrados)
>>
>>1743068
Jaybean
>>
>>1743057
Why does she have that type of stare? She is a teenage tomboy squire from conservative Bennon, she must not give 'I can gobble even an ogre cock' stares.
>>
>>1743153
>t.insecure Adeanic incel
>>
>>1743153
>the 1000 cock stare
As the only woman in an camp full of men, she had to do her duty
>>
>>1743168
Not true. Her adventure group had a female orc named Arosha. Obliviously, Corin picked her up to turn her into a cum-dumpster for her companions. Corin herself remained pure.
>>
>>1743184
>corin remainded pure even though she fucked lothane
>>
>>1743189
Lothane sil Wex fucked Corin? Is this real?
>>
File: 210033.png (1.07 MB, 690x956)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>1743193
You wouldn't?
>>
>>1743202
Lothane's sluttiest soldier(she did fight on the Rose side afaik)
>>
>>1743189
Alenic chads can't stop winning
>>
>>1743057
Mating press her with my big green cock and make her my breeding bitch.

>The dookonson all the timelines where she lost her duel with him.
>>
>>1743189
>she fucked lothane
His deluded fantasies in Corintar's events are not sufficient proof. Corin was a pure soul in a pure body, incapable of doing naughty things.
>>
What are some nations ideas you guys have and would like to see added to the mod?

>Colonial hati/new Orleans inspired tag led by a planter aristocracy of vampires,with a mortal human middle class,and an orc slave underclass.

>Vamps own all of the plantations and use the slaves as an easy food source, justify it because most of them were from escan and as such view the orcs as subhuman savages who forced them from their home.

>Are constantly throwing obscene decedent party’s full of blood orgys and cannibalism. Would have a whole mechanic based around throwing these parties.

>Experimenting constantly with necromancy and fleshcrafting, creating Voodoo style zombies and rougarou.

>Focus tree would be about playing tall and going to war for the pettiest of reasons.

>Like, “this one guy insulted the quality of our sugar so were gonna kill him and his entire country” levels of petty.

>Strong naval/vampirate tradition, will focus on controlling new world trade routes.

>Large amount of events would be about building the fanciest of manors using undead and slave laborers.

>By the end of the game they aren’t even bothering with a masquerade

>But nobody cares because trade with them is so lucrative.

>Flag would be a mosquito drinking out of a wine bottle.

Any other suggestions for this idea? I’m going for a darkest dungeons crimson court meets Southern gothic vibe with a lot of pitch black humor in case you couldn’t tell.
>>
>>1743246
>Colonial hati/new Orleans inspired tag led by a planter aristocracy of vampires,with a mortal human middle class,and an orc slave underclass.
Marrliande?
>>
>>1743246
Marrliande are vampire slavers
>>
>>1743246
i want orda aldresia stuff
i also really enjoy playing as celmaldor and one of the white reachmen nations but i dont really care that much whether they do anything for them because they'll probably fuck it up
>>
>>1743246
Darkest Dungeon's mosquito vampires deserve better than to be used in Aelantir.
>>
>>1743251
>>1743247
I did not realize that, as I am still learning the lore of the mod. What i had in mind was a more on the nose than Marrliande, but I suppose it makes more sense for a vampire ran society to be somewhat discreet in its vileness. Hopefully when they get content then they’ll be somewhat similar what I described above.

>>1743252
Sounds interesting!
>>1743258
They are one of my favorite interpretations of vampires, and the whole aristocratic swamp mosquito aesthetic makes them perfect for southern style planters,which is why they came to mind.
>>
I fucking hate these OP adventures so much, holy shit just let me colonize in peace. They need to nerf them asap.

>colonial nation with 4k troops barely hanging on
>bullshit adventures spawn out of nowhere with 30k troops and immediately demolish any nearby colonial nation

honestly wish here was a button to disable them spawning like you can turn off region you wont be playing in, it would make the game much more enjoyable
>>
>>1743239
>incapable of doing naughty things
Explain her agrados 2.0 chimpout
>>
>>1743297
that's just actually agrados pretending to be her
corin is a pure maiden devoted to the regent court
>>
File: cannortrade.png (1.48 MB, 1032x822)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>Trade reworked

Did this 'rework' actually do anything or did they just choose to make the Eborthíl node ugly as fuck for no reason? Feels like the Halfling chuds were the only ones who won.

Funny how they talked so much about listening to feedback and all that, only to lock the Trade Discussion thread even when the discussions and proposals were civil, and for the actual changes to be decided by only a few devs in a closed channel, without any of the reasoning behind the changes explained in full. When questioned, they only say 'We have data backing it up' and 'We are content with the changes and will not be adjusting according to new feedback.'

Cannor is so over. I'm going to Aelantir while I can, bros. The Trollsbay Union will rise. Maybe they'll even give me a Ynn troon wife.
>>
>>1743318
>Ynn troon wife
Femboy squires of Ynn give the best blowjobs on Halann.
>>
>>1743318
so they actually are fagging the ynn?
is it just fucking their own shit up to get back at el putin like starsector did?
>>
File: gnome.jpg (945 KB, 2448x3264)
945 KB
945 KB JPG
What would you guys change about the vic timeline for Anbennar?
I don't have ideas for the entire world and the ones I do have are probably retarded but some things I'd do:
>Eborthil: An industrializing colonial empire stretched across the world's islands, big dishonored vibes. Controls Busilar and Deshak proper. Themes focussing on further settling these lands and assimilating them as proper Eborthili states since there's no way the Isle of Tef is going to be able to accomodate the explosive population growth of the era.
>Tluukt: Controls the majority of Bulwar because fuck elves. Takes the role of the world's not-ottoman-empire, with a focus on integrating it's Krah substates and eventually getting rid of the systems of Krah alltogether (Slave pops suck they dont pay taxes!!!). Either succeeds at these reforms or erupts into revolt, leading Bulwar into another age of uncertainty and internal strife, ready to be picked apart by outside powers.
>Aelnar: Gets to play a bigger role since I still need to get the elf lovers on board after giving Bulwar to Tluukt. Controls most of the islands in the ruined sea and a good chunk of the larger landmasses within the crater. Focus on kicking off all the other colonizers and securing the continent for you and your buddy...
Rezankand: Having secured and largely settled the southern coasts they landed on, the larger island off the coast aswel as a good bit of Taychend after Kortazel's exploits. Their focus now lies on securing their state from the encroaching roots of the Effelai. Nessecity of weapons and explosives to fight back the forest leads to a strong military industrial complex.
>Araya: Push these polluters back into the sea! The Effelai demands its beauty be spread across the entirey of aelantir. Doesn't get to industralize, gets a lot of accepted pops from growth spurts (baby booms) and settlers being converted to seedthralls instead.
>>
>>1743327
are you that nigga who was talking about eborthil as like dishonored isles empire before or did you just also think that was way cooler
>>
>>1743326
Its confirmed canon that Ynn men look like anime femboys(think astolfo) and the previous Ynn lead is a troon
>>
>>1743325
based
>>
>>1743318
I just wish every country I played wasn't in the worst fucking trade zones in the region
>>
>>1743327
That chick looks like Samwise
>>
>>1743333
>think astolfo
I know he is a meme at this point, but Fate's Astolfo is a freaking gigachad regardless of his appearance. It's not that bad for knights of Ynn to be like him.
>>
>>1743333
>Malacnar, the nation renowned for their Battle-Kings is actually full of twinks and traps
grim
>>
File: hmmmm.png (16 KB, 548x96)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
which real or fantasy race is this about?
>>
>>1743409
Elves
>>
>>1743409
>Fiery, but mostly peaceful invasion of Escann
>>
>>1743330
>are you that nigga who was talking about eborthil as like dishonored isles empire before or did you just also think that was way cooler
same nigga ma nigga
>>
>>1743409
that's just orcish culture and we should learn to adapt to it
>>
>>1735096
it's just shitposting

Half-Orcs actually come from big strong orc women having their way with cute human men.
>>
>>1742026
Aelnar breeding pits obviously
>>
>>1742026
It wouldn't, but that's fine.
>>
>>1743327
Aelnar should try and make everyone else deport any elves living in their lands so that they all end up in Aelnar
>>
>>1743465
aelnar's the easiest nation to develop, you just make them do everything that yids do and it'll sound like an evil fantasy nation
>>
>>1742872
>IRL history still beats Anbennar in depth by a long margin, even if that might appear obvious it shouldn't necessarily be the case.
Damn, you're stupid
>>
>>1743621
Elaborate
>>
>>1743057
>Orc tribes convert to Corinism
What do I make of this?
>>
>>1743626
Anbennar is still in its infancy as a setting. Most regions barely have even a basic timeline. So, obviously, it cannot compete with real history.
>>
>>1743673
>>
>>1743673
Infancyis a natural state for mods because it is a natural state for modders themselves. No one who has a chance at a normal life will stay in the community for too long.

Mods are like manchildren. Broken, sometimes funny, with endless potential that will never live up to its promises.
>>
>>1743673
I mean it's a 6 year old universe and some basic timeline stuff is still up in the air, I find that weird
>>
>>1743730
Jay refuses to create detailed timelines for anything other than the most important events. Predictably, these events primarily involve his beloved waifu, Corin, and his self-insert character, Camir Silmuna.
>>
>>1743747
Bro do we even know exactly what Corin did in her short one year adventure in Escann?
>>
>>1743767
I think she got lost in the deepwoods or something, recruited a bunch of people to her cause, including BASED groundhawk goblins
>>
>>1743770
We know a good amount of details but it's not like a detailed timeline exist
>>
>>1743767
There is some information. But instead of writing a book about that epic adventure, a certain person can't even finish the one about not-French revolution.
>>
>>1743747
So Jay has a cuck fetish too?
>>
Imagine the basedjaking when Paradox featured them
>>
>>1735067
It's an Escanni adventurer. They culture convert the green orcs in escann to Redtusk Orcs if they succeed in unifying the region.
>>
>>1736078
there's some hobgoblin countries, some human countries and some ogre countries up there
>>
>>1744046
Well I'm glad to have finally figured that out. Do you know which one it is?
>>
>>1744053
It's Corintar, that's what they're called. I think their name eventually changes to Holy Empire of the Corintar or something like that, but they're just called Corintar at the start.
>>
>>1743747
Jay will only write pages for his book, everything else in anbennar is just bullet points. He doesn't even read shit if it's not bullet points
>>
>>1743772
probably the most detail you will have
https://anbennar.fandom.com/wiki/Corin_(person)
>>
File: adenica.png (47 KB, 853x620)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>1743057
>>
>>1743292
It is possible to edit the code so they never spawn, they just have a trigger
>>
File: 1710814858140141.gif (2.92 MB, 464x580)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>1744107
>worship actual, literal Satan who raped and killed the head god's wife and started a war between them
>"Why do they persecute me?"
>>
>>1744106
based ADHDchad
>>
>>1744133
You can prevent some of them by colonising all the provinces they can spawn, I prevented asraport in my last play with aelnar, too bad you cant stop all of them
>>
>>1744137
>worship actual, literal Satan
>"Why do they persecute me?"
Why are there so many parallels to the Jews in Anbennar?
>>
File: isaac all smiles.png (557 KB, 797x570)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
>cheat in a harpy minority to see what they are like
>two months in one of them rapes and kidnapped my minister
>>
>>1744189
there are many parallels
>Dwarves - homeland was conquered by superior force, banking, millenia-spanning grudges, comical levels of avarice
>Gnomes - destruction of traditional power structures to concentrate power in their hands
>Ravelianism - subversive cult
>>
>>1744193
You should report that event in the Anbennar Discord, looks like it has outdated lore.

According to the new lore, Harpies don't actually rape people. All who go with them to their roosts do so willingly. Which is why the title 'monstrous race' doesn't fit them!

Personally, I prefer the new lore. Much better than the previous lore.
>>
>>1744198
they are also non-binary :D
>>
The dwarf and the gnome work together to subvert and destroy Cannorian society. Haflings are the only manlets you can truly trust.
>>
I subvert societies by giving them the light of metalworking, ocean-faring ships, long-distance trade, meritocratic governments and civilization.

I am le manlet.
>>
>>1744211
Don't forget spicy food, amiright
>>
is cannor unlocked yet
>>
>>1744217
yes, and they buffed Lorent again by giving them even more vassals, it's exactly the same kind of "nerf" France got in original EU4
>>
>>1744219
Lorent lost decent amounts of dev
>>
>>1744219
did gawed get buffs?
>>
The EoA is so fucking, I dont understand why no one thinks it's a problem.
It should work like the Raj and be able to actually die to foreign invasions
>>
>>1744193
play Gelkalis, my man
a good portion of their MT is dedicated to harpy fucking
>>
>>1744230
*fucking static
>>
>>1744211
t. Rubyholder seething that elf pussy immediately changed the Lencenori from your cucks to gigachads
>>
>>1744230
Terrible take. EoA is the HRE with more interesting geography.
Usually it gets weaker as time goes by, beset by Lorent, Eborthil and whatever clusterfuck is in Escann. Sometimes it manages to expand a bit.
The problem is the lack of mission trees and imperial incidents inside the Empire of Anbennar, as seen in the famous EU4 total conversion mod "Anbennar"
>>
>>1744230
It's boring because Wex and Lorent are allied. They sit there safe for the whole game, Wex is emperor forever, nothing ever happens.
realistically the Emperor and Lorent should always end up being rivals. Economically, geographically, politically, historically, later on even religiously, they are basically set up to be enemies. instead they start with an unbreakable alliance that lasts forever and western Cannor becomes a giant nothingburger.
>>
>>1744206
Friendly reminder that before the halflings came, the Small Country was fully human.

Upon arrival in Cannor, the Halflings procreated and spread like rodents, being so displeasing to live next to that most humans eventually gave up and allowed the halflings to be quarantined within the Small Country.

Whenever a long-nosed Beepecker merchant like the one I'm responding to tries to convince you that 'halflings minorities in your provinces are good, actually', just gently remind him that his people ought to be pulled out root and stem like the disgusting weeds that they are. With halflings, minorities become a majority all too quickly. It is the duty of every man -- Lencori, Gawedi, or any other distinguished culture (non-sarhali) -- to see our homes not succumb to their invasion.

At least the dwarves stick to their dark, dank shitholes and know better than to step out of them. And at least the gnomes know very well that they must be subservient to mankind, lest they be branded as a mere halfling subculture. The halflings do not have the wits to act as they do, so they must be dealt with prejudice.

Thanks, and have a pleasant day.
>>
>>1744242
>Wex is emperor forever, nothing ever happens.
Istralore and in some rare cases Wesdam becomes the emps almost immediately after game start every time for me.
>>
Is small country the Israel of anbennar?
>>
>>1744240
>The problem is the lack of mission trees and imperial incidents inside the Empire of Anbennar
>imperial incidents
Holy fuck the autism is spreading here
>>
>>1744247
This is literally the only place i ever interact with the Anbennar "community" and i don't think i have ever seen anyone talk about incidents here. What's wrong with them?
A big thing happens and the EoA votes on how to proceed. The system should be expanded so nations can cause incidents, like Giberd asking to be made Gnome elector, etc. Maybe even empire wide wars or crusades could be called, if the right requirements are met.
Sounds like it could be cool
>>
>>1744251
A fatwa against imperial incidente was issued after one dude went crazy and added many of them, although most aren't as common as previous ones
>>
>>1744252
>Autist adds free content to a boring region
>WTF SHUT IT DOWN SHUT IT DOWN
>>
>>1744253
No you don't understand. If someone makes content that means we have to REVIEW it. UGH it'll take SO long! Time to shut it down. Got more REVIEEEEWS to do. AAAH I'M GONNA REVIIIEW, I'M REVIEWIIIING!!
>>
>>1744242
It's not just the alliance, the AI will almost never declare on the EoA because the alliance networks are too big.

IMO emperors and imperial tags should have -1 or -2 relations and lose something from being part of the EoA at the start, you should reform the EoA to get buffs
>>
File: snek alice.jpg (286 KB, 850x1512)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>1744231
I am more of a lamia man myself but I will check it out.
>>
>>1744275
>lamia for the serpentspine
>sirens for the oceans
>harpies for the surface
Every being is chosen by Surael to impregnate their local female only species
>>
>>1744255
>reviewers killed this
https://files.catbox.moe/ibl2n7.png

remember that ambition once lived
>>
Chudbennar fork where people can post anything they want
>>
>>1744284
forgot to add part 2
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-CSldzrK56i5fNvGXRdSosqBz5pKu0dKPEsLnWHOhPs/edit#heading=h.lb07tarhcbsl
>>
>>1744245
no, it's Dragon Coast
>>
>>1744245
no it's the serpentspine
>>
in modern Anbennar the GHIDF(Gnomish Hierarchy Internet Defense Force) would be spamming 4chan with BGC threads
>>
>>1744284
Did the reviewers actually shut down the asraport tree?
>>
>>1744305
it's not shut down but forever stuck in purgatory
>>
>>1744293
>>1744296
Both of these regions belong to the kobolds. Dwarves and gnomes gtfo.
>>
>>1744312
>7th of Tearfall, Kobolds attack using paragliders and take several hundred gnomes hostage
>despite having complete control over the region, the Hierarchy "somehow missed" the prelude to attack and ignored warnings from Trollsbayer intelligence
>>
>>1738716
This. Anbennar's lore is dogshit. Banger soundtrack tho
>>
>>1742390
I think people really undercount the obvious Warcraft influence here. The orcs, gnomes, centaurs, and to a lesser extent goblins are basically straight ripped from the Warcraft versions of those races with comparatively little DnD influence, I've even seen orcs with Warcraft character names. Also the general "ethos" of the world feels much more like Warcraft than LotR or DnD or anything else.
>>
File: 1708917208561625.png (1.08 MB, 893x893)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Total Gnome Death.
Total Halfling Death.
Total Human Death.
>>
>>1744317
Very interesting sweaty, looking at your profile I can see you called the "gas the redcaps" chants outside the Anbenncost Opera House fake news. Despite the extremely in-depth investigation done by The Gommo Times.
Mask off moment. Good. Reveal yourselves.
>>
do you think current year gnomes would pay children to defend the hierarchy's honor online?
>>
>>1744376
Gnome, Manlet, Man and Orklet enter a brawl, who wins?
>>
File: 1638460019138.jpg (136 KB, 540x875)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>1744339
And those Warcraft races are ripped from Warhammer.
The whole setting of Anbennar is really just pop culture references, tropes and memes cobbled together
>>
>>1744376
>Dreamed the kobold as he slept in the sewers beneath The Gnomish Hierarchy
>>
>>1744406
Warcraft has a lot of aesthetic influence from Warhammer (e.g. everyone wearing fuckhuge shoulderpads) but that isn't the part that's been carried into Anbennar. I'm talking about the races' lore and culture instead, Anbennar orcs save for maybe Roadwarrior are nothing like Warhammer orcs.
>>
>>1744410
>gnomes like to invent
>kobolds like to bomb crap and live in caves
>t. bennanonon sahapiroo
>>
What harpy realm is more fun to play? Big one in the west or the one mentioned as interesting?
>>
>>1744471
Siadan or Mulen
>>
>>1744474
Mulen
>>
>>1744471
Mulen
>>
File: 1695554733088567.png (322 KB, 1080x975)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>1743669
>>
How much of the forbidden plains is reasonable to eat up as Skurkokli before peacing out and heading west? I've been trying to gobble up the whole enchilada, but it takes well into the mid 1500's and the lake fed manages to unite before I can finish which slows me down like hell because now I can only take so much from one tag as opposed to fully annexing a bunch of tiny ones
>>
File: Screenshot (482).png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
>>1744565
You don't need to core provinces to eat them.
Plan accordingly, have nonstop wars and finish them off in one giant struggle where you can take everything in one go, immediately eating it all. For the final MUNCH i had over 5 wars happening at once, 20 war exhaustion and like 500% overextension.
>I can only take so much from one tag as opposed to fully annexing a bunch of tiny ones
Truce breaking is completely valid, as you might as well use admin points for stability rather than coring. And the only ones outraged at your aggressive expansion are also the people you are about to eat
>>
>>1744571
>Oh boy, I can't wait for my upcoming career in the great Skurkokli Navy
t. 12 clueless ogres
>>
File: Spoiler Image (858 KB, 4096x2493)
858 KB
858 KB JPG
>>1744376
>The expectation
The reality:
>>
>>1744571
I'm unfamiliar with this mission tree, what's the purpose of this? Are you going to steal all that dev and migrate to the New World or something via event?
>>
>>1744685
you eat all the dev and then you can go to escann. venail used to be able to eat all the dev in the cannor subcontinent and leave but they removed that
>>
>>1744685
Steal dev plus delete every tag you eat
>>
BREAKING NEWS: Inside a Dragondepths family bedroom, GDF soldiers searching for tunnels find how low Kobildzan can go

ToG joins combat engineers in east Dragondepths as they methodically hunt and destroy every under-underground fortification they can find, including under a kid’s bed in a caveside neighborhood
>>
File: Screenshot (483).png (3.16 MB, 1920x1080)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>1744685
omnomnom LakeFed becomes your provisions as you slowly move towards Escann.
Eventually you even abandon the Ogre Hills and make your own ogrish kind of Castanor with completely retarded 150 dev provinces, in preparation to eat Anbennar
>>
>>1744688
>but they removed that
I made a complaint and they added it back, you're welcome
>>
>>1744957
>Left Varamhar sticking in there
>>
>>1743057
Impale her on my thick lance, not an euphemism, by Adean, I will treat her like Vlad Tepes would.
>>
>>1743057
She will give me many strong Half-Orc sons
>>
>>1743057
reminder that if she didn't die she would have bore silmuna heirs
>>
>>1742390
There are multiple races in Anbennar that don’t exist in LoTR bro, it’s pretty clearly based off D&D.
>>
File: image.png (155 KB, 1002x1344)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>Yet another continent to delete (I only play Cannor)
>>
>>1745235
bloatMAXXX
>>
>>1745235
the lore for this continent is gay
>>
>>1745246
you CHUD! you will like the continent where no racism exists, everyone is race mixing and lives in harmony! Does that not seem interesting to you?
>>
>>1745235
What's that oval ring?
>>1745250
Sounds fun, just add one tag that lets me purge it
>>
>>1745266
have you ever played in haless it's the storm ring that's mentioned 1000s of times over
>>
File: 1630141599120.gif (3.86 MB, 487x498)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB GIF
>>1745250
let's not forget tranny allegories for the robots of course
why does this keep happening?
>>
>>1745246
What even is the lore for this gayrape island?
>>
>>1745279
The trooning allegory pisses me off so much because of the wasted potential.
Instead of going for full on "I have no mouth but must sceam" body horror slavery it's just:
>ahhhhh nooo someone bolted tits to my chest
Would be way better if they got modified into assembly bots for a factory.
>>
>>1745299
It truly is a concept only troons could come up with, normal people would go straight for the assembly line. You'd think even commiefags would have done that as some kind of anticapitalist dig, but I guess they've only got troons around
>>
>>1745279
Non-human but still humanoid forms appeal to autists. Autists disproportionately make up the tranny community. Same reason there's Jin-Roh RIGHT WING DEATH SQUADS shit. Also, furries.
>>
File: 92642.png (58 KB, 1194x292)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
Troons?
>>
>>1745334
>I'm telling you, Lorean! These fucking priests from Teagansfield put stuff in the water that makes your dick fall off!
>>
>>1745235
Other stuff aside, how are they going to stop people from enteing the region before 1700?
Also wouldn't this date be pushed to at least 1600 so 99% of player might have a chance to see this region from outside?
>>
>>1745357
CK2 Warhammer mod has an event that deletes your armies, if you try to sail through the Mists of Albion. I would imagine it will be something similar here
>>
I haven't been playing Anbennar for over a year, did they really made the lore that much worse? All the shit I've read here sounds so disappointing.
>>1745250
Wasn't it supposed to be some unlivable hellscape with kaijus and shit? What the fuck?
>>
>>1745446
>Wasn't it supposed to be some unlivable hellscape with kaijus and shit? What the fuck?
Maybe, but now Ogres and Humans marry for love and don't forget, THERES NO RACISM!
>>
>>1745450
why this shit always happens to things i enjoy, what the fuck.
>>
>>1745452
For some reason, troons are attracted to DnD-like fantasy. Or Discord. Or both.
>>
>>1745452
>why this shit always happens to things i enjoy
Because it's happening to literally everything
>>
>>1745334

>devs waste their time with this stupid troon shit
>meanwhile in the bloodgroves the kwineh are still rotting and the lechmen are still missing
>not a single lizardmen or not-africa has a unique MT in the entirety of sarhal
>>
>>1745597
>or not-africa has a unique MT in the entirety of sarhal
There are like 3 now
>>
>>1745597
There was 1 last I checked chud.
>>
>>1745334
I like the best modifier they could come up with after all that was religion advisor cost.
>>
So I'm confused about all these "peaceful" people in this new tranny continent. Couldn't I play inside and genocide everyone else?
>>
>>1745614
>Couldn't I play inside and genocide everyone else?
Inb4 they remove purging
>>
>>1745357
Probably a modifier on the sea tiles that gives them 100% attrition or sets the ship movement speed to 0 or something like that.
>>
>>1745617
I haven't even interacted with a purge menu in a while, I just keep fleecing them in every decision and eventually they're so unaccepted I get a discount for culture shifting them.
>>
>>1745620
Reminder that they took away the 'Get 1 bazillion dollars from stealing immigrant's clothings' event. Remember what they took from us.
>>
>>1745657
Last I played it was still there but it absolutely should be removed or at least more limited, the amount of free money you get from it is just obscene, border any dwarf and you'll be getting +200 ducats every year or two just from them purging goblins.
>>
>>1745701
It must not be removed, but put on hold before EU 5. To properly simulate genocide, you need an actual population instead of an abstract development.
>>
>>1745748
I don't know why people assume an EU5 port is inevitable. The core mod is still lacking an entire continent, Sarhal has barely any content, and there are major features like the Blackpower Rebellion that still haven't been implemented. Also both the CK3 and Vicky 3 mods have been developing at an absolutely glacial pace.

I really doubt we'll ever see an EU5 release.
>>
>>1745752
Simple. Unless EU 5 is total garbage like Vic 3, people will play it and abandon EU 4. No amount of great mods can prevent this. Anbennar as a setting will die shortly after, as many other great settings did.
>>
>>1745756
While I like most of what's been written in the dev diaries EU5/Project Caesar also seems to be a very different kind of game for EU4. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of people stick to 4 as a result. Also the simplistic abstract design of EU4 just lends itself very well to mod development, I think that's a major part of Anbennar's success. EU5's granularity is going to be hell when you have literal thousands of provinces and modders have to decide on the pop demographics for each of them.
>>
>>1745758
Fair point. But I played EU 4 for 2500 hours, and it is difficult to ignore how dated this bloated monstrosity is. We cannot even exit to the main menu without reloading the whole thing. All modding must be done within the confines of the existing systems. And some elements simply don't work as intended, even years later.
>>
If anyone wanted to make a mod similar to Anbennar the transition to EU5 would be the most opportune moment.
I assume that you have to bring more to the table than what Jay did in 2018, as well as rely less on random contributors to get it going.
>>
>>1745752
From what we know so far EU5 looks like it was literally built for anbennar
The population system and economy alone makes it 100x better.
Could still end up garbage though
>>
>>1745765
EU5 Chudbennar
It will be done
>>
>>1746005
what would we even include in Chudbennar?
>>
>>1746050
>>1744275

But unironically, I would put a more balanced setting, without too many extreme cases of total genocide and race wars or cases of random full tolerance
No march of history/Fukuyama view of history applied to the early modern era and its religions
More freedom in changing base vanilla mechanics, using some lite versions of Meiou mechanics like communication efficiency
Less D&D bullshit like the focus on adventurers and make it more grounded
Feel free to contest my ideas or add more
>>
>>1745765
I want to make one. But until I know more about EU5 I can't plan much. I still haven't decided what the setting will be like, but I have a few ideas.
>>
>>1746069
First you would want to get a good concrete idea on what the world would look like regardless of what EU5 is like
From what I know in 2018 only Cannor was realized, but I think it would be necessary to setup a 1.0 version with at least half of the world
>>
>>1746050
I was just referring to detrooning the current mod
>>
>>1746118
Lazy solution
>>
>>1746128
OK then be the change
>>
>>1746053
As long as the mages vs artificers conflict is kept I will be happy, perhaps with some gray area in some cases.
>>
>>1746156
Why do you that conflict is appealing? As I see it it's irrelevant for the first 2/3 of the game's period and insofar as Anbennar handles it it also feels forced
>>
>>1746156
doesn't even exist in the current mod, besides miniscule debuff for estate influence/loyalty
>>
>>1746159
It's not particularly well done in Anbennar but I think it sounds fun, I could easily see artificers pushed a bit earlier as well.
>>
>>1746053
>Less D&D bullshit like the focus on adventurers and make it more grounded
Fuck off, Leeroy events are kino
>>
>>1746177
Going by real life, you could considerably decouple the nobilty vs commoner aspect of the conflict if you wanted it to start in the 16th century.
>>
>>1746183
Leeroy?
>>
>>1746187
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6sqdrJzVo
>>
File: 1698253219669543.png (3.77 MB, 1920x1080)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
alternative mission rewards
>>
>>1746159
the idea of it in the lore is that mages are, in most cultures, extreme elitists. The "divine right to rule" equivalent in Anbennar is often derived from a connection to magic, and a lot of different cultures are functionally magocratic in some ways. Parts of the world that are more democratic also tend to have worse mages, or to ban them altogether, like the Lake Federation. Artifice, on the other hand, is a way for the non-magical masses to wield magical power. So, Artificers are naturally associated with egalitarianism, and are resented by mages for "stealing" their power. The conflict makes perfect sense, as the setup in many parts of the world is geared towards it.

unfortunately the actual implementation of the conflict right now is that you get a popup in 1650 that says "hey you want mages or artificers?" and whichever one you don't pick gets banished to the shadow realm instantly
>>
>>1746211
>Parts of the world that are more democratic also tend to have worse mages, or to ban them altogether, like the Lake Federation.
I dont think this is good worldbuilding, it would be like banning people with good leadership skills, good physique or good intelligence from doing anything productive in our world, for fear they would outcompete others...
The entire concept of being anti-magic without having a good and extensive way to neutralize other country's magic is deeply idiotic.
>>
>>1746230
I would agree except that it typically happened after overthrowing a magical tyrant. They didn't just decide to do it because they thought they might outcompete other people, they did it because one of them took over the country with mind control/infinity skeletons and put everyone through hell for hundreds of years.
There are a few places that ended up being more egalitarian without this having happened and they tend to still have mages around, like in Feiten. They also tend to be places that don't have neighbours with powerful mages. Like Escann didn't ban mages despite having the whole Sorceror King period because they are right next to Anbennar which is functionally run by mages.
>>
>>1746230
To be fair artificers do develop methods to deal with mages, I think The Command may have their own methods as well, they has been a long while since I last played them.
>>
>>1746238
they figure out black damestear bullets which ignore magical defences and then just have snipers JFK battle mages with them
this is why trying to use war wizards late game constantly procs that even that has a super high chance to kill them
>>
>>1746236
The reaction to overthrowing magic tyrants would be monitoring more strictly the usage of magic, not banning it.
If you are able to actually ban magic you should be able to monitor more strictly, especially because at the end of the day you are opposing only a minority of mages.
>>1746238
Anti-magic or outright banning magic existed before artificiery spread, it existed at least in Gawed, Lakefed and Bulwar, maybe other places too.
>>
>>1746244
Eh, the nature of magic is that it takes an extremely long time to get good at it, and then once you have you are nigh-unstoppable. If you just monitor them, it only takes one guy maxing out Enchantment or Necromancy without getting caught and your country is now fucked. If you put a bullet in the head of everyone who can do magic at all, that's not gonna happen. You're also assuming a lot of restraint and rationality on the part of a group of people who just spent their entire lives fighting off infinity skeletons for them to then go "alright, let's take enact some measured and sensible policies to reduce the risk of that happening again" instead of "we need to kill anyone who is capable of doing that"
>>
>>1746230
>I dont think this is good worldbuilding, it would be like banning people with good leadership skills, good physique or good intelligence from doing anything productive in our world, for fear they would outcompete others...
I know you're trying to make some disingenious comparison to chud philosophy here but there is in fact a world of difference between "this guy is too strong and that's unfair" and "this guy can singlehandedly raise an entire army of zombies to take over the kingdom".
>The entire concept of being anti-magic without having a good and extensive way to neutralize other country's magic is deeply idiotic.
As far as I know the centaurs don't have mages so Lake Fed doesn't have to worry about them outside of their own nation. The Command on the other hand do have anti-magic technology. Those are the only two anti-magic countries I know of.
>>
>>1746248
On the other hand you expect consistency, forward-thinking and no disagreement within a decentrlaized region of millions of people over centuries, which is just not realistic.
You don't need to be level-headed to simply weight between a remote risk that any specific mage you let live or let work got you would become a witch-king and simply give up this advantage while your neighbors easily could not.

This is a prisoner game scenario where every prisoner has 0.01% or so chance to screw over everyone for their own advantage and as far as I can tell based on human psychology and history it would be extremely contrived to have people give up on the easier option, especially when the risk is evidently low by simply looking at the rest of the world.

Banning magic at a local level is both an irrational position and a selfless position that requires someone to weight a very low chance of disaster and direct and immediate benefit to yourself.

The best analogy would be the entire world avoiding fossil fuels because they cause a shared damage to the world... clearly that's not how humans work.
>>
>>1746255
99.99% of mages are not witch-kings, so the analogy is perfect, it's like banning good or populars consuls in a Roman settign to avoid caesars.
>As far as I know the centaurs don't have mages so Lake Fed doesn't have to worry about them outside of their own nation.
It doesn't matter what Centaurs have, if using magic prevents losing wars, increases your wealth, benefits multiple sections of your society etc. then the incentive to use it while still monitoring or persecuting the more risky magic is both rational and selfish.
>>
>>1746267
>the incentive to use it
*the incentive makes using iy
>>
>>1746267
>99.99% of mages are not witch-kings, so the analogy is perfect, it's like banning good or populars consuls in a Roman settign to avoid caesars.
Or like overthrowing all monarchies in the world because 1 out of 100 kings was bad, oh wait...
>>
>>1746267
You're talking as though people never make less than perfectly rational decisions. The .01% chance of it happening is not a hypothetical: it happened. There was a Witch-King and they wrecked the country for centuries. This isn't like banning fossil fuels because they might be gradually wrecking the planet. This is like banning nuclear because of Chernobyl, even though Chernobyl had a .01% chance of happening. And oh, that's a thing that happened: some places did ban or otherwise completely stop using nuclear power because of the tiny possibility of a catastrophe, after such a catastrophe had actually happened somewhere.
>>
>>1746255
>Those are the only two anti-magic countries I know of.
Bulwar is anti-magic too and with the arrival of Elves they outright banned all human magic, which is also deeply idiotic.
There is also Gawed which is generally anti-magic because reasons
>>
>>1746275
Not sure about Gawed but for Bulwar that sounds like it fits in perfectly with NSC supremacist stuff, makes sense to me.
>>
>>1746273
>Or like overthrowing all monarchies in the world because 1 out of 100 kings
When you overthrow a monatchy you don't automatically kill everyone with hereditary wealth and power. Please make your stupid analogy make sense, killing or imprisoning everyone that has magical affinity is different to overthrowing a specific unpopular monarch.
>>
>>1746279
>When you overthrow a monatchy you don't automatically kill everyone with hereditary wealth and power
There are multiple examples of that in history.
>>
>>1746275
they didn't ban it, the elves banned it because they wanted to concentrate power in the elves.
>>
File: file.png (614 KB, 737x744)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>>1746279
>When you overthrow a monatchy you don't automatically kill everyone with hereditary wealth and power
>>
>>1746279
What happened to Nicholas 2 and his children (and all nobles and clergymen)? What happened to Louis XVI and his children?
>>
>>1746274
>You're talking as though people never make less than perfectly rational decisions
You are talking as if people are able to adhere to a consistent preventive policy for the greater good across dozens of generations
>This is like banning nuclear
Which can only happen because we live in societies where higher energy prices barely kill anyone, people before the 20th century actually had to face serious and direct repercussions for their decisions.
Trying to compare first world countries that have the luxury to act in this manner to a pre-modern societies where most people are subsistence farmer and are in continuous destructive warfare with centaurs makes no sense.
>>
>>1746278
>>1746281
They didn't ban it because muh elves were evil supremacists. Humans asked elves to ban magic because mages were summoning demons and causing havoc. Human NSC disaster clearly states that humans are against magic too
>>
>>1746267
You're thinking about this from the perspective of the nation and not individuals. Even if the country would be stronger when led by an immortal mage-king, why would I the non-magical king (or literally anyone else of status) want that? Their power makes them an innate threat to my right to rule so unless I have some kind of other broader institution to control them (e.g. the Magisterium) of course I'm going to want to ban or at least heavily restrict them. If anything it's strange how there aren't more countries in Anbennar that are either strictly anti-magic or strictly magocratic, the neutral position doesn't seem very stable.
>>
>>1746278
>that sounds like it fits in perfectly with NSC supremacist stuff,
Except that humans themselves already disliked human mages before the Elves came
>>1746280
No there are not
>>1746281
The lore says humans already were generally anti-magic and just arbitrarily decided that humans were not fit to use it after elves came.
>>1746284
Ah yes, Robespierre abolished the bourgeoisie... oh wait.
>>
>>1746288
>>You are talking as if people are able to adhere to a consistent preventive policy for the greater good across dozens of generations
It's not a preventative policy for the greater good, it's a kneejerk "oh no, bad thing" policy that involves killing things that are different and scary. It doesn't have to be consistent, either, just generally practiced.
>>
>>1746290
>humans are against magic too
every human country i've played in bulwar has had a mission that unbanned human mages as soon as they weren't directly under elven control
>>
>>1746294
They also established egalitarian liberal democratic societies because it's a dev wish fulfillment. And because they are tied to Surakes which is the same for both NSC, OSC and Jadd
>>
>>1746290
>>1746292
Honestly to me this seems more like shitty writing in Bulwar than shitty writing about magic. The people who write the Bulwar/NSC stuff are from what I've seen very insistent on how NSC totally actually isn't a supremacist or racist ideology and actually all the humans love the elves and they're totally separate but equal, you can read the wiki article and it's hilarious with the stretching it does. I'm pretty sure it was just written with one hand by someone with a fetish for getting femdommed by an elf queen.
>>
>>1746285
I said hereditary wealth, you illiterate retard.
>>1746291
YOU are thinking in terms of nations, there is No way EVERYONE across CENTURIES can ALL agree to kill/imprison/ban mages
>Even if the country would be stronger when led by an immortal mage-king
That is not the dilemma any INDIVIDUAL would face, this is ridiculous.
Don't tell me I think in terms of nations when you expect individuals to think that theit individu small choices in using any magic equate to allowing a witch-king to arise.
>Their power makes them an innate threat to my right to rule so unless I have some kind of other broader institution to control them (e.g. the Magisterium) of course I'm going to want to ban or at least heavily restrict them. If anything it's strange how there aren't more countries in Anbennar that are either strictly anti-magic or strictly magocratic, the neutral position doesn't seem very stable.
Yes because logically mages would have more power and that would be accepted but kept in check by restricting certain types of magic or mages managing themselves as most of them don't want any given mage from overpowering the others.

Again we come back to the original situation, you don't kill or ban successful people IRL because you don't a tyrant, dictator, demagouge, magnate or billionaire to appear. This is illogical and there is no example of this IRL.
>>
>>1746300
>What is that? A society where humans put elves in charge because they are better rulers and saved them from decades of slavery?
>THAT'S MUH RACEIST! STAND WITH DARTAX! STOP THE APARTHEID!
You should fuck off to reddit, Bulwar is the only based thing left alive in this mod.
>>
>>1746293
at most it should be cultural suspicion, but a lot of people would weight towards using and allowing magic to exist and foster to simply not die or prosper.
The people opposed to mages and boogeymen them should be people that either don't benefit from them existing or people that need the support of the former group, classic demagougery.
>>
>>1746307
I never said NSC shouldn't exist in the mod, chuddy. My point is only that it's embarrassing how much the bulwar devs have tried to whitewash what is quite clearly an inherently supremacist ideology. It's similar to how the Greentide is whitewashed as just being "honourable dueling" now despite that not making any sense with Escann's demographics nor Korgus as a character.
>>
>>1746308
*and people that would boogeymen them
>>
>>1746305
You said hereditary power. But even then there are multiple examples of people having their wealth taken away because it was "muh unfair" (dekulakization)
>>
>>1746305
>I said hereditary wealth, you illiterate retard.
You said hereditary wealth and power, Romanovs had both prior to being overthrown and the reason behind their execution is basically the equivalent to what the reason for killing the mages is, to prevent a Romanov restoration.
>>
>>1746311
Except not even communist countries automatically killed all successful people(or eliminated wealth inequality...) and the closest example of Cambodia is openly lauded as a dystopic scenario depicting self-destruction, while the Lake Fed is not.
>>
>>1746312
>to prevent a Romanov restoration.
A family of spoiled Romanovs living gives you no real advantage, thousands of mages can work for you and yout country.
This is clearly equivalent!
How is this even remotely
>>
>>1746309
>embarrassing how much the bulwar devs have tried to whitewash what is quite clearly an inherently supremacist ideology.
It's only embarrassing if you are a braindead leftist retard. You should go cry about it on reddit, because here you will not garner any sympathy for your deranged worldview. Elves are physically and intellectually superior and that's an objective fact, any ideology that recognizes the objective reality will be "inherently supremacist", and it's only bad if you deny the reality and think that all races are the same. It's similar to how Greentide is whitewashed because all races are equal and it's racist and supremacist to hate on orcs due to them being green niggers in the eyes of progressives, just like elves are white people in your eyes.
>>
>>1746313
>Except not even communist countries automatically killed all successful people(or eliminated wealth inequality...)
Nor did Lakefed, your comparison is too broad and doesn't make any sense because success is subjective while mages are a clear societal class like kulaks or nobility that can be demolished
>>
>>1746315
>Kill the Romanovs to prevent a Romanov Restoration
>Kill the mages to prevent a new With-King taking power
Whether mages provide benefit or not is irrelevant.
>>
Total elf sex
>>
>>1746305
>Don't tell me I think in terms of nations when you expect individuals to think that theit individu small choices in using any magic equate to allowing a witch-king to arise.
This is literally how human psychology works, even if the chance of something really bad happening is miniscule people will generally not behave rationally about it if that really bad event is bad enough.

>Again we come back to the original situation, you don't kill or ban successful people IRL because you don't a tyrant, dictator, demagouge, magnate or billionaire to appear. This is illogical and there is no example of this IRL.
Monarchs literally did this all the time. The entire reason liberal capitalism and our modern concept of "meritocracy" came into existence is because with the advent of global trade and eventually industrialization the merchant class was finally able to win out over the nobility that had been restricting the merchants for thousands of years out of concerns for them accumulating too much money and power.
>>
>>1746318
mages are not a societal class, it's at most a profession and basically is just a skillset anyone could have at birth.
>>1746319
Ah of course, the downside of a decision or policy is irrelevant, this makes perfect sense.
>>
>>1746322
>This is literally how human psychology works
No, it's literally the opposite of people work. Humans are not born with the ability to rationalize the fact that their individual actions should adhere to a societal standard that benefits the whole group.
Nor are humans good risk assers.
>Monarchs literally did this all the time.
How exactly?
>>
>>1746323
Yeah, genocides and slaughter of people who were born with different traits never happened
>>
>>1746322
>was finally able to win out over the nobility that had been restricting the merchants for thousands of years out of concerns for them accumulating too much money and power.
This is 2 social classes competing over a shared pie, but it's not like nobles went ahead and banned cities, long distance trade or went ahead killing burghers for the sake of preventing powerful mercantile families.
In the real world people can be both opposed to specific individuals and the inherent or potential threat they pose to them and still be able to work with them within a society that benefits from theit presence.
By this analogy, the non-magic populace would impose burdens and restrictions on the mages while still trying to explot their abilities by making tons of decentralized risk-assesment, cost-benefit analysis weighted against their culture and cultural/historical fears.
The idea that the result of the sum of thousands of such assessments made by people across centuries is an effective ban of all magic across an entire France-sized region is not realistic nor plausible.
>>
>>1746327
>different traits
Genocide of an outgroup happen because people weight killing them above exploiting them, but guess what? Actual genocides like we see in the modern era sparringly were rare in the past too as most conquerors would rather just economically exploit others.
It's also not clear why "one mage using specific magic did bad thing" would automatically rest in a society banning ALL magic for millennia.
There is no reason to equate sectarian hatred which is created by long term processes to this situation
>>
>>1746339
>It's also not clear why "one mage using specific magic did bad thing" would automatically rest in a society banning ALL magic for millennia.
>Humans are not superstitious and always make rational decisions
>>
>>1746340
>humans are all equally stupid and make consistently wrong and selfless choices for millennia
>>
>if you say not everyone would be opposed to magic it means you think all humans are rational and make the right choice
I love strawmanning others
>>
>Arcane Ponderance
>The Arcane Ponderance was a series of debates that took place across the Federation regarding the status of mages in Triunic society. For 1500 years the Lake Federation held a disdain for, and actively discriminated against, mages after the end of the Reign of the Tyrant Queen in 250 BA. The Tyrant Queen had experimented on people whom she ordered kidnapped and turned them into monsters by sealing their souls into homunculi. She was also known for conquering neighboring lands, and for worsening madness and cruelty as her reign neared its end. The Arcane Ponderance, as agreed by numerous historians, was an inevitable confrontation with the past as the Lake Federation moved into a new age. Debate was widespread across the lakes, but centered in the City of Narkel, built near the ancient City of Tyranny, which held the Federation’s only Magic Academy. Mages of the city had taken part in the fight during the Great Incursion, which both inspired and worried their non-magical comrades. The debate began in 1572, with tensions running high across the Federation as orators, politicians, diplomats, mages, and professors from the Magic Academy debated publicly. Ultimately, diplomacy prevailed and an organized committee was formed. Following 4 years of debate and argument, the general consensus of the committee was that Mages would once more be allowed to gather; however, the system of supervision established by Narkel - the Onyxguard - would be expanded across the Federation in order to watch and ensure something like the Tyrant Queen could never occur again. The victory of diplomacy during the Arcane Ponderance was to many a triumph of the Federation’s desire to work together and put fighting aside, especially in the wake of the Seiche.
This flies as good worldbuilding apparently
>>
>>1746343
>selfless
If anything banning magic is a selfish choice, if you are the ruler and aren't also a mage there is a very present danger of a mage usurping you one way or another, there have been instances of mages using kings as little more than puppets.
>>
>>1746339
>>1746343
Once the seeds of traditions are sowed they will entrench themselves in to the society, making it harder to abolish them. So magic being banned for millenia makes sense because people were told it's bad since the childhood
>>
>>1746350
People break the law all the time, any enforcement against a taboo where everyone that disrespects it can gain an immediate advantage over others would end up looking like a swiss cheese.
>>1746349
Most mages are not actually able to do that and there are better ways to deal with that beyond banning it altogether.
>>
>>1746359
>People break the law all the time
So?
>any enforcement against a taboo where everyone that disrespects it can gain an immediate advantage over others would end up looking like a swiss cheese.
And?
>>1746359
>Most mages are not actually able to do that and there are better ways to deal with that beyond banning it altogether.
That's why almost nobody does that?
>>
>>1746359
>People break the law all the time
And? A ban against magic could very well mean execution as soon as found out.
>>
>>1746316
>Elves are physically and intellectually superior and that's an objective fact
Who let this retard on /vst/? A single Human farmer could smash the skulls of a hundred elves without any effort, and it's quite clear from all the great things that they've done since they migrated to our shores(neeting it up and living off of gibs kindly given by gracious greater races) that the only thing that seperates them from the ruinborn is the colour of their skin.
>>
>>1746362
>So?
In practice the ban or distrust of magic would fade as individual rulers and communities actually end up using magic, realizing that it makes no sense to not use to avoid a remote risk.
>And?
The 1700 year long ban on magic is not plausible nor are other forms of anti-magic attitude seen everywhere else, discriminating skilled people based on a remote risk is not realistic based on actually attested human history.
>That's why almost nobody does that?
No one should do that.
>>1746366
Which only works if you have a centralized authority with an entrenched ideology or material interest in preventing mages from existing, which doesn't exist.
>>
>>
>>1743057
Imagine your Christ figure is a painted whore
>>
Anyway the mages vs artificier theme could be reframed as being colonial powers being able to accese different catalyst of magic from the new world vs entrenched magicians using old time-tested methods.
Only slowly would artificiery allow the common people and new money to take more power from their own magician elite.
This would actually mirror the slow effect gunpowder, the printing press and general urbanization had on European inner political and social struggles, rather than "lol mages don't want artificiery to exist" or "lol you can only have magic or artificiery in your country, becuz"
>>
>>1744279
Vgh what could have been...
>>
>>1744339
Ripped from Warcraft right down to the orcs who dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>1746434
Corin is a virgin. Agrados entered her body immaculately, and Lothane was a pathetic simp.
>>
>>1746370
>In practice the ban or distrust of magic would fade as individual rulers and communities actually end up using magic,
No, they would just get invaded by other lakefed countries
>The 1700 year long ban on magic is not plausible
Lakefed is not plausible at all. All nations deciding to abandon monarchy due to one bad ruler is much more implausible than the ban on magic.
>discriminating skilled people based on a remote risk is not realistic based on actually attested human history.
You've been given two examples of real history where that happened, not to mention people killing mages and witches in real life
>>
>>1746453
>discriminating skilled people based on a remote risk is not realistic based on actually attested human history.
not reading any of this shit but right now is a pretty good example
the west would literally rather die and have china take over than let anyone with working ears just work with people rather than against them
>>
File: 1703875709091381.jpg (26 KB, 597x768)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1744255
Why don't dedicated autists circumvent the retarded bureaucracy by releasing their content as submods?
>>
>>1744194
The Castanorians have the whole exodus thing going on, and the Castonath patricians are all about subverting their host nation.
>>
>>1746459
Because people want their stuff to be official content
>>
>>1746370
>In practice the ban or distrust of magic would fade as individual rulers and communities actually end up using magic, realizing that it makes no sense to not use to avoid a remote risk.
It's also worth noting that mages require studying, so if someone destroyed all educational institutions and slaughtered those with knowledge then the mages couldn't do much. Lakefed is sheltered from the world so the natural born mages have nowhere to go to study magic, hence they will weak and can't benefit or harm the society in any meaningful way
>>
>>1746465
Surely it would stand some chance of being folded into the main mod if it gained enough traction?
Or are the transexual Sir Humphreys of Anbennar really that petty?
>>
>>1746321

I wish elven women were real, too.
>>
>>1746469
>Surely it would stand some chance of being folded into the main mod if it gained enough traction?
I never heard of that happening
>>
>>1746444
Difference is Blizzard at least allowed the orcs to have actually done bad things that they then go through a redemption are for. In Anbennar lore literally nothing happened.
>>
>>1746469
They don't shut down heterosexual stuff immediately. But they do love their troons and gays.
>>
>>1746469
That only happens in hoi4 mods not eu4 mods
>>
>>1746459
Because they can't actually make shit, they just complain all day. Lowlives.
>>
>>1746474
In anbennar it seems like the orcs that ate the dwarves and the orcs that honorably dueled for land are two different orcs.
>>
I’ve heard Ibevar is supposed to be very tall based gameplay but I’ve just been blobbing into Escann, is this normal?
>>
>>1746775
Ibevar is tall cringe gameplay because you are railroaded into abandoning your faith and traditions
>>
>>1746453
>No, they would just get invaded by other lakefed countries
No, what would happen is that almost everyone would end up tolerating some amount of magic almost immediately because people are not retarded, any starting irrational backlash would fade overtime as people don't simply maintain the same attitude towards one thing for centuries, let alone 17 centuries.
>Lakefed is not plausible at all. All nations deciding to abandon monarchy due to one bad ruler is much more implausible than the ban on magic.
Both are equally implausible, you cannot say one is while the other isn't, it's just silly. At least republicanism is not shooting yourself on the foot as much as banning or not using magic is.
>You've been given two examples of real history where that happened,
Where?
>not to mention people killing mages and witches in real life
I don't think Christians were faced with the dilemma of "use magic with the small chance of getting a demonic being", all magic was inhrently bad but that's because magic is not real while the Lake Fed lives in a world where magic existed beyond witch-kings.
>>
File: erhrtkzujs.png (11 KB, 694x70)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
This is posited as a purely a joke in the pic but using the same logic used against magic the LakeFed would end up banning female politicians altogether because of the Tyrant queen...
or ban female magicians specifically, like Bulwar ended up banning human magicians(and at least Bulwar seems to have more exceptions even to the targeted ban)
It's dumb
>>
>>1746466
I mean they ended up having a witch-king able to learn crazy magic even without much contact with the rest of the world, so I'm not sure how good this argument is.
It doesn't look like magic knowledge spreads in the same way IRL military tech and techniques spread, which is why we don't see chi in Cannor by 1444.
>>1746465
>>1746469
>>1746472
I don't think anyone tried and the way they review stuff would likely needlessly make the process even harder, even if everyone loved the submod.
>>
>>1746053
All the cool shit in Anbennar is too far away from each other, that's the main issue with the setting. The geography is the main thing that needs a facelift and it'll NEVER happen in the actual mod, it's the prime use case for a fork

in my own schizo concept I'd shrink the Salahad, move the Taychend stuff into Rahen (making them no longer ruinborn obviously), eliminate Eordand and integrate that stuff into the deepwoods, cut some more chunks out of the serpentspine to free up movement. Eliminate the Lake Fed and reuse some of their ideas elsewhere, shrink the plains a lot. Move some centaurs down into the Salahad and the eastern steppe, move Daengun closer to the rest of Haless and put that relic island just off the coast instead of 999 light years away. Shrink Sarhal by about 60%, cutting tags and reducing blobs and connecting everything better. Add more stuff to the Divenhal. Maybe extend caverns into the godshield, maybe in the process of changing the salahad, adjust it so there's a spot for a future suez canal... A lot could be done.
>>
>>1746702
It’s because Serpentspine was developed by a different clique and troons don’t care about dwarves
>>
>>1746817
I'm not sure I agree with all the changes, places like the Salahad and the Forbidden plains are ultimately just as big as the real Sahara+Arabian desert and the Eurasian Steppe with the main difference being the Serpentspine.
As it stands those are my main issues with interconnectivity ingame and in the lore:
>Deepwoods: the Verdant Veil or just in general the lack of any lore behind "they shinked because Castanor" makes them a boring region
>Serpentspine: Similar to the Deepwoods, it's a region that just stood there with little connection with the rest of the world that was particularly interesting, as remnant surface holds really didn't do much.
>Forbidden Plains: Basically Centaurs came in and slowly kicked the humans out, with a few interesting events involving humans migrating to Bulwar and a few centaur invasions but nothing beyond Bulwar, the Lakefed is just a place to dump humans fleeing other places in a weird contrived manner.
>Valley: A forcibly closed off region, a closed offness that immediately falls apart in game for now and likely any actual implementation of it's inaccessbiltiy would make it worse than having Verkal Gulan or Jaddari blob there
>Insyaa: Same as above but even worse.
It's one thing to have the geography isolate regions, but in Anbennar the regions are isolated by deliberate action and lore decisions.

The only geographical issue in my opinion is the valley which is just boring in the way it's setup, the way the Western Serpentspin isolated Escann and the Flooded Vale from the Ogre Valley and then the lack of a northern connection for the Middle Dwarovar. Everything else is a lore or gameplay implementation issue.
>>
>>1746814
The Tyrant Queen was powerful because she was a mage, not because she was a woman. How does banning women follow through from that? Not that those sorts of prejudices have a rational basis anyways but given that Lake Fed religion is literally based on the worship of 3 goddesses it seems unlikely that they'd be a significantly misogynist society.
>>
>>1746826
Part of that is just the nature of how the mod is developed, because each region was added in separately and they all have their own development teams. This is why for instance Bulwar and Rahen feel totally disconnected as opposed to real life where the Middle East and India are deeply interconnected.
>>
>>1746775
you're kind of supposed to annex moon elf land or low dev land which are then culture converted, then you develop them for your giga elven dev mission
but of course that's cringe and boring and the correct way to play is to annex all of escann and the deepwoods, purge humans and form the blademarches and then cyranvar
>>
>>1746842
Rahen and Bulwar have decent connection, with Barid-szel-Sur, Harimraj invading Azka-Sur, Siadan empire conquering Ghanekeden, Jaher invading Haless.
It could be more but it's there.
>>
>>1746316
One good human soldier will maim 10 Elf sissies without needing to try very hard.
>>
>>1746870
It lacks a crossroad like Persia is
Mind you I'm not asking for a copy of Persia, just a crossroad between them instead of
>big mountain
>harpies and elves to the west
>no harpies and no elves to the east
>harimari to the east
>no harimari to the west
>perfect religious division
>perfect culture division among humans (non-arabs to the west, non-indians to the east)
>>
>>1746880
Maybe pushing Jaddari to the East and have it exist as a transition between Bulwar and Rahen might help both make the division less stark and also justify better why the Jadd's religiois tenets are more culturally/racially tolerant.
This could also give space for a OSC Masnsih tag.
>>
File: 1694962945429635.png (3.61 MB, 1920x1080)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB PNG
when will this old fart die? he's cucking marosh out of being a kang
>>
>>1747137
Strong pure orc genes
>>
>>1747137
Lucky you. My Harpies start croaking between 60-70 despite being magic users.
>>
>>1747137
Your punishment for playing an orc.
Jay may think they're certified wholesome big chungi but God hates those green niggers.
>>
>>1747214
dumb chud, that there's a gray orc
>>
>>1746813
>because people are not retarded
Citation needed
>any starting irrational backlash would fade overtime as people don't simply maintain the same attitude towards one thing for centuries, let alone 17 centuries.
Ever heard of religious traditions?
>Where?
Holocaust, dekulakization, witch hunts, etc. People are killing eachother over stupid things all the time It's natural for people to fear and hate those who are different, especially if they are also more successful and can pose a threat.
>I don't think Christians were faced with the dilemma of "use magic with the small chance of getting a demonic being", all magic was inhrently bad but that's because magic is not real while the Lake Fed lives in a world where magic existed beyond witch-kings.
Because magic is real more people are would be concerned about it than irl, where the RUMOURS of witchcraft caused people to kill eachother.
>>
>try to play the left hand path vampires in haless
>win war, take ONE province
>23 country coalition forms against me

Is aggressive expantion bugged in haless? what the fuck is this
>>
>>1747214
Gray orcs are the based orcs that force all human women to submit to big orcish cock and all orcish women to submit to big human cock
>>
>>1747268
>Ever heard of religious traditions?
Lasting religious traditions don't involve clealry shooting yourself in the foot for 1700 years, but sure.
>Holocaust, dekulakization, witch hunts
Witches don't actually exist and thus provide no benefit.
Kulaks were an enemy of the communsit state and thus were fought against, mages are not inherent enemies.
Holocaust was done based on a racial idelogy, mages are not a race and are not an actual outgroup.
>People are killing eachother over stupid things all the time
A few cases don't justify 1700 years of consistent country-wide policy, it just doesn't. You are comparing apple and oranges.
>especially if they are also more successful
Not true, again there is no actual example of people banning SUCCESSFUL people within their population because of a low chance of tyranny, this simply didn't happen and you invoking these 3 stupid examples proves it, the only real example is Pol Pot and that's clearly not a durable system.
>Because magic is real more people are would be concerned about it than irl, where the RUMOURS of witchcraft caused people to kill eachother.
Magic is real and thus people can rationally think about it through a multitude of experiences they had beyond the 1 case of a strong witch-king.
>>
>>1747300
>Lasting religious traditions don't involve clealry shooting yourself in the foot for 1700 years
But they do
>Witches don't actually exist and thus provide no benefit.
>Kulaks were an enemy of the communsit state and thus were fought against, mages are not inherent enemies.
>Holocaust was done based on a racial idelogy, mages are not a race and are not an actual outgroup.
Missing the forest for a trees.
>Not true, again there is no actual example of people banning SUCCESSFUL people within their population because of a low chance of tyranny, this simply didn't happen and you invoking these 3 stupid examples proves it, the only real example is Pol Pot and that's clearly not a durable system.
So you just said that there aren't any examples and then proceeded to disprove yourself?
>Magic is real and thus people can rationally think about it
They can also think irrationally about it
>>
>>1747303
>But they do
Such as?
>Missing the forest for a trees.
You are focusing on the tree, CASES of people doing violence against an outgroup doesn't justify the creation and the protracted existence of an outgroup based on talent for 1700 years, that is 68 human generations.
Please don't ever touch anything that has to do with creative fiction with a 10 kilometer pool ever.
>So you just said that there aren't any examples and then proceeded to disprove yourself?
Pol Pot didn't create a regime that lasted 1700 years, it's hilarious how you accuse me of missing the forest when you think that just because some won a coin flip 5 times in a row means it's just as likely he would win the coin flip 500 times in a row.
>They can also think irrationally about it
Yes and people thinking in many different ways would NOT end up in the aggregate result of magic being banned or mages being persecuted, it would only result in mages being viewed with suspicion, magical ORGANIZATIONS being OCCASIONALLY persecuted by opposed or fearful parties.
The point is not that NO persecution or suspicion can exist, for the love of god please learn to talk beyond extremes.
>>
>>1747312
>some won
*someone
>>
>>1747300
>are not an actual outgroup
Citation needed, it's very clear that mages would be very much seen as seperate from normal people if for no other reason than they are the only ones even capable of performing magic, this is not like blacksmiths or any other skill that potentially be learned by anyone, it's a distinct group of people who are the only ones capable of using magic. It's also quite obvious that many, would feel resentment towards mages for that fact.
>>
>>1747276
>miscegenation: based
This sounds very weird.
>>
>>1747318
>Citation needed
Because they are a random selection of people born with the talent, they share no inherent identity especially after their would have been destroyed by the initial persecution.
>it's very clear that mages would be very much seen as seperate from normal people
But they are born from normal people, they are not an outgroup. Jews are not born from random German couples and neither are kulaks born with fucking ownership of land from communist agents, what the fuck are you even comparing?
>if for no other reason than they are the only ones even capable of performing magic
Wrong, everyone can actually do magic it's just way harder for most:
>"It is generally understood that almost anyone could learn how to wield magic in theory. In practise however, most would only be able to master a single, very weakened, spell after a lifetime of study."
https://anbennar.fandom.com/wiki/Magic
I know you don't care and this won't even nudge your opinion at all, but the fact that magic is not actually absent throughout most of the population destroys most of the exceptionalism you are trying to place on magic.
>this is not like blacksmiths or any other skill that potentially be learned by anyone
"potentially", most mages are not even going to be that strong so saying this would be such a big deal is questionable.
>it's a distinct
By identity? No
By looks? No
By culture? No
They are the equivalent of being intelligent or physically strong people, with a small risk of becoming the boogeyman people hate.
>It's also quite obvious that many, would feel resentment towards mages for that fact.
As much everyone is jealous of successful people, yet again no one was able to engage in a societally suicidal culling of its talent for 1700 years.
Like everywhere in the world, killing people that belong to your group based on selfish jealousy or impossible to justify fear is something that can only exist in episodes of mania or war, not as a long-term society-wide policy.
>>
File: tenrules-01.png (241 KB, 736x445)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>1747312
>Such as?
Ban of healthy food, ban of different clothing, different harmful rituals?
>You are focusing on the tree, CASES of people doing violence against an outgroup doesn't justify the creation and the protracted existence of an outgroup based on talent for 1700 years
These are entire regimes built upon violence against different groups, how can you claim that society like that can't exist when it literally does?
>coin flip 5 times in a row means it's just as likely he would win the coin flip 500 times in a row.
Where I said that it's just as likely? Winning coin 500 times in a row is definitely a possibility, and you are retarded for claiming that it isn't possible because "muh rationality"
>Pol Pot didn't create a regime that lasted 1700 years
Yea because he was invaded by Vietnam, we can't say for sure what would have happened if he stayed in power.
>Yes and people thinking in many different ways would NOT end up in the aggregate result of magic being banned or mages being persecuted, it would only result in mages being viewed with suspicion, magical ORGANIZATIONS being OCCASIONALLY persecuted by opposed or fearful parties
Why can't a "fearful party" take complete control and kill all mages? Anbennar is a sandbox game where you can ban mages as literally any country, it's up to your imagination to justify it. Making world homogenous, bland and boring for the sake of "muh realism" is the reason why so many fictitious worlds fall apart, take a look at TNO for example. You are the cancer that ruins good works, no one gives a shit about "plausibility", "realism" or other buzzwords. The purpose of fiction is to tell a good story.

Banning magic in Lakefed is their unique trait that sets them apart from the other countries and gives opportunities to tell different stories. Lakefed is a literal deconstruction of scandinavian social democracy and their egalitarian mentality. You propose to scrap it all and replace it with another generic country
>>
>>1747341
>They are the equivalent of being intelligent or physically strong people, with a small risk of becoming the boogeyman people hate.
No they aren't, anyone can become strong or intelligent by practicing. Magic is a distinct trait that is given to you by birth which sets you apart from everyone else
>>
>>1747341
>I know you don't care and this won't even nudge your opinion at all, but the fact that magic is not actually absent throughout most of the population destroys most of the exceptionalism you are trying to place on magic.
Something that would take someone born with magical affinity a significantly shorter time, with more potent results to boot. This means that the vast majority of non-gifted individuals never even consider attempting magical studies.

Why did you decide to cut the other half out?
>>
>>1747347
>Ban of healthy food, ban of different clothing, different harmful rituals?
You could be more specific, many ritual bannings have been easily interpreted as heuristic mechanism grounded on some core helpful truth.
If your argument is that people didn't know science then yes you are right, you don't need to know science to see that a mage can help you.
>These are entire regimes built upon violence against different groups
Mages are still not an outgroup and you are still not being specific.
>we can't say for sure what would have happened if he stayed in power.
You are insane
>Why can't a "fearful party" take complete control and kill all mages?
Because no single party stays in power forever and people don't normally agree on something as we are not a hivemind.
>Anbennar is a sandbox game
We are not talking about a game where you mind control armies and entire sections of society in an abstract manner.
>it's up to your imagination to justify it.
You can write that someone one won a fair coin flip 100 times in a row, but you don't get to call that realistic or plausible, just fuck off.
>You are the cancer that ruins good works, no one gives a shit about "plausibility", "realism" or other buzzwords.
Yes writing fiction based on how real human or human groups work over a long period of time is bad!
>The purpose of fiction is to tell a good story.
You can't write good fiction or a good story if your a prior assumption is that humans act like a hivemind until they don't because plot.
>Banning magic in Lakefed is their unique trait that sets them apart from the other countries and gives opportunities to tell different stories.
You could just have them not have magic because the lake or some hidden artifact zaps it, you don't need bad explanations to get to that point.
>>
>>1747347
>Lakefed is a literal deconstruction of scandinavian social democracy and their egalitarian mentality. You propose to scrap it all and replace it with another generic country
Surely you can write a similar story without having to invoke implausible events.
The fact you would rather defend a stupid plot point than find an alternative is just sad.
>>1747351
>anyone can become strong or intelligent by practicing.
lol lmao
Yes surely the malnourished 165 cm peasant is going to be as strong as his 180cm well-nourish noble, any day.
Heck you don't even need to invoke nutrition, a 160cm midget is never going to be able to compete a far taller healthy man with the same level of training.
>>1747356
>Why did you decide to cut the other half out?
Because it's irrelevant? I already proved that people with magical talent are not the only one able to do magic, so any religious ideas based on the idea that magic is evil obviously couldn't work and neither would people with magical talent stand out as much when technically everyone can do it, just worse.
>>
>>1747341
>the fact that magic is not actually absent throughout most of the population destroys most of the exceptionalism you are trying to place on magic.
It's part of the lore that some groups, in particular Elves, are much more likely to be gifted in magic than any other race, Anbennar's nobility are all half-elves who pride themselves in their magic bloodlines. It's also stated that while a non-mage is in theory capable of magic, it will take a lifetime for a single spell and even then it will be significantly weaker than what a mage would be capable of in a much shorter period of time, not to mention mages having naturally longer lifespans.
It's very clear mages are exceptional, trying to deny this is retarded.
>>
>>1747371
>It's very clear mages are exceptional, trying to deny this is retarded.
You are shifting the goalpost, you claimed something that was wrong and now are seething needlessly.
It's simply not true that magical talented people are the only ones able to use magic and insofar as any of your arguments were based on that assumption you should reconsider them instead of disigenously pretend you were talking about something else.
>>
>>1747376
A man being capable of casting little sparkles after a lifetime of study is not comparable of a mage who is capable of casting fireballs after a couple of years, let alone one who dedicated his entire lifetime to necromancy and now commands endless hordes of the dead. No goalpost is being shifted, someone who isn't gifted in magic won't achieve anything meaningful in it no matter how much he tries.
>>
>>1747341
>They are the equivalent of being intelligent or physically strong people, with a small risk of becoming the boogeyman people hate.
Being slightly stronger or smarter than the average person is not equivalent to being able to raise the dead and shoot fireballs and wipe out entire armies by yourself.
>>
>>1747380
>if for no other reason than they are the only ones even capable of performing magic
>>
>>1747381
Most mages are not liches, you are comparing a lich to an average human and pretending the equivalent level of intelligence difference is a "slightly smarter" person and not a genius that either is able to achieve an eternal place in the annals of history or become incredibly rich in his lifetime
>>
>>1747358
>If your argument is that people didn't know science then yes you are right, you don't need to know science to see that a mage can help you.
They can also enslave you and ruin your society in pursuit of power, which is what happened in Lakefed
>Mages are still not an outgroup
They are? There is a literal mage estate
>Because no single party stays in power forever
Nothing prevents them from doing so
>You can write that someone one won a fair coin flip 100 times in a row, but you don't get to call that realistic or plausible, just fuck off.
It's definitely plausible, perhaps more plausible than winning a lottery
>Yes writing fiction based on how real human or human groups work over a long period of time is bad!
Obsessing over realism is harmful because fun and good narrative is more important, if realism hurts one of those two things then it has to go, not the other way
>humans act like a hivemind
I never said they didn't? Soviet Union had many dissidents but they weren't in power
>You could just have them not have magic because the lake or some hidden artifact zaps it
That would make them less oppressive, which was one of the most important aspects
>>
>>1747363
>Surely you can write a similar story without having to invoke implausible events.
But that's not what you proposed, you proposed to let them be a generic magical country because you weren't interested about anything other than malding over realism
>Heck you don't even need to invoke nutrition, a 160cm midget is never going to be able to compete a far taller healthy man with the same level of training.
Maybe, but imagine if someone was born 300cm tall. What would superstitious medieval peasant think? In fact we have a real examples of dwarves being abused and treated like slaves because they looked funny and were different.
>Because it's irrelevant?
No it isn't, you say that everyone can be mage despite the fact that normal people have to spend their entire life learning one weak spell while others are strong at birth.
>so any religious ideas based on the idea that magic is evil obviously couldn't work and neither would people with magical talent stand out as much when technically everyone can do it, just worse.
It's literally comparing a 300cm bodybuilder to a midget because they both can throw stones, while ignoring the fact that one possesses a superhuman strength. It would be very easy to point at strong mages and say that they have demon blood or something
>>
>>1747382
Like I said, being able to cast little sparkles is not comparable to shooting fireballs. That is not to mention the very simple fact that most wouldn't even be aware that they can do a little bit of magic because of how much effort it requires of them, something explicitly stated in the wiki article you yourself linked.
>>
>>1747385
>They can also enslave you and ruin your society in pursuit of power
They can and so can everyone, never trust anyone!
>They are? There is a literal mage estate
Because the estate represent an organized group of mages as it can be used by a state.
>Nothing prevents them from doing so
Yes, nothing prevents someone from winning a coin toss for a million times, it's just implausible.
>It's definitely plausible, perhaps more plausible than winning a lottery
Sure, a 1 in 10^30 chance is higher than winning a lottery? Or are you talking about the Lakefed existing as such? Because guess what winning a lottery is "mundane" because millions of people try it, neither me or you entertain millions of seperate setting throughout our lifetimes so any specific one invoking such unlikely things should be accepted as such and not defended.
>Obsessing
I'm not obsessed, I only called it what it is, if you don't care about realism then don't fucking defend LakeFed's lack of it, for fuck's sake
>I never said they didn't? Soviet Union had many dissidents but they weren't in power
Kulaks still are not mages, the equivalent would be the Soviet Union killing anyone with organizatorial and managerial talent for fear they would become kulaks.
>That would make them less oppressive, which was one of the most important aspects
I mean the LakeFed literally reduces the barriers to magic 1 century into the Eu4 timeline, clearly that was not a salient aspect of their society or history.
Anyway the Lake Fed is shit beyond the 1700 ban of magic, it's a victim of a rather static history and a timeline that was written in a backwards manner to end up to a specifc point of time which just so happens to also be shit both in lore and in-game to the point where anything that is directly antithetical to the Federation is the best content that there is in that corner of the FP
>>
>>1747387
>But that's not what you proposed,
I proposed that being anti-magic as they are is dumb, you can find ways to fix it by either changing how magic works in the LakeFed or by forcibly removing it.
I also don't think that the LakeFed being super democratic and egalitarian in 1444 is a particularly good, especially not given how Anbennar already is a rather anachronistic setting in many aspects, hence failing the themes of being a fantasy setting mixed with history.
>What would superstitious medieval peasant think?
Some would be fearful, some would not be. But peasants didn't control society anyhow and what really matters is whether individuals can get away with making excuses and exceptions for small usages of magic, contrary to how EU4 represents it you don't need a big grand re-enabling of magic to change the perfecption of a society, especially not over freaking 17 centuries.
>you say that everyone can be mage
I said everyone can use some magic. I correclty refuted what was being said, if what was being said was not the actual point then it's not on me to correct other people's poor rethoric, I actually took anon at his word when he made that point rather than mean something else.
>It would be very easy to point at strong mages and say that they have demon blood or something
Some would think that, but you just need some sections to think otherwise and use mages to slowly force others to do so to compete, also it would be unlikely that the Triunics wouldn't end up using mages like the Command does against their enemies, if they are remotely intelligent that is.
>>
>>1747383
>Most mages are not liches
You don't have to be a lich to be a "wipe out entire armies by yourself" tier mage, those are actually fairly common judging by how many mage generals there are.
>you are comparing a lich to an average human and pretending the equivalent level of intelligence difference is a "slightly smarter" person and not a genius that either is able to achieve an eternal place in the annals of history or become incredibly rich in his lifetime
Do you really think being smart is nearly as helpful a factor as being able to do fucking magic?
>>
>>1747411
>those are actually fairly common judging by how many mage generals there are.
War wizard aren't THAT common and about 2/3 of them(mil 0 to mil 3) have max 15 pips, which is like 25th percentile of 100 army tradition generals.
Anyway looking at Anbennar's global history, infamous witch-kings don't seem that common, you might see one pop up like every century in one place in the world, but not even once ever 500 years in the same region.
>Do you really think being smart is nearly as helpful a factor as being able to do fucking magic?
No I just don't think the comparison is helpful. And the danger imposed by magic is proportional to the benefit of using weaker mages to help you survive and thrive. Only insofar as the relationship is not linear and the risk is higher than the benefit would the core argument make sense, otherwise the comparison to killing successful people is still valid because the same concept is behind it.
>>
>>1747411
>Do you really think being smart is nearly as helpful a factor as being able to do fucking magic?
No, it's better and that's canon
>>
>Tsaeshuurg’s Invasion
>Tsaeshuurg, a powerful centaur shaman, creates an ice bridge into Gadhlumo that lasts through the spring and summer. He leads a horde across, though it is constantly harassed and its progress is slow. He and his horde are turned around by a Metsamic army north of Länkinä. The army pushes them back onto the ice, where an archer kills Tsaeshuurg. The ice bridge melts with his death, drowning his entire horde.
Centaurs do have magic
>>
>>1744483
Are there any tags that reject Castellos' death? I thought it was weird that every regent court tag I played just went along with it.
>>
>>1747453
Crathanor on BB
>>
>>1747463
How does it work?
>>
>>1747341
>But they are born from normal people
So are cripples and the mentally I'll, didn't stop them from being ostracized and mistreated by their fellows.
If people can find any kind of difference between one another, imagined or real, they will discriminate, always have.
With something as impactful as magic in this setting it doesn't take much to foster hate, resentment and persecution.
>>
>>1747363
>Surely you can write a similar story without having to invoke implausible events.
Inplausable by what metric? We only consider most events in history plausible and the baseline because it's our timeline.
History is way more whack than fiction.
>>
>>1742030
Is there a way to play Centaurs without turning into a WC Timer Death machine? (I understand all games turn into WC but I usually stop once I achieve regional supremacy or whatever objective I had)
>>
>>1747527
Just don't form KU, or wait for the new formables. If you absolutely NEED a formable you can flip Jadd and form the Jadd Empire.
>>
File: fc8.jpg (40 KB, 680x434)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1747453
Elikhand
come home white man, DALCABBA is the way
>>
>>1747870
Well ACTUALLY... Dalcabba doesn't reject Castellos' death. Dalcabba translates to "dead fathers"
>>
>>1747873
it kind of does by just saying that Castellos can rez himself whenever he feels like it just like Elikhet can
>>
>>1747453
>I thought it was weird that every regent court tag I played just went along with it.
Those mages doing an "HE'S DEAD GUYS!" Laser show on the moon probably helped. Bit I always found weird was that everyone just accepted Corins ascension. I get why Escannis would be convinced but was the Greentide seen as a big enough threat everywhere else for them to be on board with a random ginger girl suddenly becoming a God?
>>
>>1747879
Anbennarian culture is centered around gingers. They have holidays for gingers. They killed hundreds of thousands of green men for gingers. They listen to ginger music. They elected a ginger as emperor.
>>
>>1747874
Castellos = Goku
>>
>>1747879
I bet the same (((Ravelian))) mages also caused the Crimson Deluge to happen
>>
>>1747879
>Bit I always found weird was that everyone just accepted Corins ascension
Dispute over whether or not Corin is the successor is literally the entire reason for the RC/Corinite split.
>>
>>1747953
Ascension of Corin =/= Succession of Castellor
>>
>>1747957
I just woke up and am retarded, my bad. Still Corin was a major figure everywhere in Cannor, not just Escann (which is how she got all those Cannorian adventurer bands following her) and Agrados was a dick so everyone was just happy to have an official replacement for him.
>>
>>1747953
No my issue is with her initial acceptance as a god in 1444. The game even points out how dodgy the 10th council is. There's very little reason for establishd priesthoods of other gods, or say Lorrent or Eborthil or nations that weren't in the path of the Greentide in Cannor to accept Corins divinity just because a bunch of adventurers say so. But that just kind of gets handwaved away and everyone suddenly goes psycho when its suggested she becomes queen of the gods a century later.
>>
>>1747964
I think the weakest part is just how short of a period Corin did anything, maybe other ascended gods are the same but it does feel like it's seemingly super easy to be considered avatars than any rando witch-king in any of your game would have a better claim after conquering half of Cannor in 20 years.
>>
Anbennar's setting is fucking stupid
>>
>>1748065
elaborate
>>
>>1748090
NTA but just look at how the ancient immortal space-age Elves waged war with the Dwarves for multiple milennia, yet there was not a single Elf left in Halcann (Eurasia) for 25,000 years before the remnant fleet arrived in 1000 AA. For an inconceivably long time, immortal Elves who spread across the solar system, but refused to set foot on the giant continent they had previously colonised before abandoning it, right on their doorstep, despite there being noone who could have opposed them.
The whole lore is just cobbled together from pop culture references and clichés
>>
File: 1678884367773841.jpg (203 KB, 1024x1024)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>1748106
I fucked up that second paragraph, but whatever. You get it
>>
File: 1621760827744.jpg (193 KB, 960x960)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>1748108
And when i say paragraph, i obviously mean sentence
>>
>>1748106
There is uno half-elf in ancient Bulwar
>>
>>1748106
Actually, according to the most recent lore the peoples of Halcann united and honorably dueled the Precursor Elves who remained behind, forcing them back to Aelantir one by one. That's why by 999 AA there aren't any elves remaining.
>>
>>1747497
they talk to the sun cult guys and decide that castellos is probably the same god as Surael, and therefore he's not dead but instead fighting the darkness or whatever the fuck surael is supposed to be doing
>>
>>1747964
it's understandable from the perspective of her 1v1ing an existential threat to the entirety of cannor. She gets proclaimed as a new god by all of the escanni and all of the marchers, and the establishment priesthoods rubber stamp it because there's such a fervor about it that they're afraid not doing it would cause a schism and that escann would break away.
This all makes sense, if the orcs were murdering the fuck out of everyone in escann, because then people would believe that corin basically saved all of cannor from destruction. it makes a lot less sense if the orcs showed up to make new friends and engage in some clean boxing matches, but so does everything else about escann.
>>
>>1748416
What exactly is the lore justification for all the orcs converting to Corinite? I don't know much about it, but isn't it the anti-orc religion?
>>
>>1748446
see
>>1744483
>>
>>1748446
>anti-orc religion
Quite the opposite. Lady Corin was so noble and benevolent that she was willing to work with orcs and goblins. It is a constant source of insensitive jokes about her being a dirty whore with deviant interracial tastes.
>>
>>1748449
the head of the corintar order was a half orc and admits to him and corin having been a thing
>>
>>1748447
>>1748449
The religion needs a better icon, it looks too Crusader-y. I'm sure most people just assume it's a religion born out of conflict like a European Sikh
>>
>>1748453
gnomish slander, lothane only had one true love, his wife mrs unnamed
>>
>>1748453
They were not lovers. Lothane Bluetusk loved her, but Corin was too autistic (or blessed by Agrados) to actually have sex with anyone.
>>
>>1748416
>and that escann would break away.
There is barely any human in Escann in 1444
>>
>>1748489
It's not because orcs killed them or anything, I assure you! Greentide orcs were noble and certainly not a genocidal race led by an insane demigod. Humans just hid away in Corin's bag of holdings.
>>
>>1748469
>>1748471
Corinite copers. Your satanic whore goddess is burning with agrados
>>
>>1748526
>goddess is burning with agrados
Corin, the Red Empress of Infernal Planes. Good enough.
>>
So I finally get a good Skurkokli going and eat the whole FP, I turn west and find Lorent with a PU over Gawed and they already own vrorenmarch so I have to fight them before I can turn south. Of course it had to happen on this particular game
>>
File: 1690946895653444.png (71 KB, 746x597)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>1748633
newest repo update, thoughts?
>>
>>1748636
Isagumze seems based, too bad they are black.
>>
>>1748636
I'm happy they're owning the chuds by removing racism
>>
>>1748650
um, ACK-shually, dwarves never hated greenskins and do feel sorry for enslaving them
>>
File: soitbegins.gif (340 KB, 200x216)
340 KB
340 KB GIF
>>1748636
The Great Rewrite cometh
>>
>>1748636
The actual commit removes requirements from a couple of missions to purge some minorities, which is just good qol honestly. Localization didn't change either. don't really give a shit tbqh
>>
>>1748636
>They're making the Dwarves less racist
Odval Lodhums days are numbered. Farewell sweet genociders
>>
File: 1708272650208231.png (1.6 MB, 985x811)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
can Jay come up with characters even a fraction as exciting as these two? do any cool adventurers even exist in anbennar? the adventurer estate/events are boring and can be ignored, SAD!
>>
File: 143622.png (796 KB, 619x910)
796 KB
796 KB PNG
>>1748812
Orcrend mogs every other character in anbennar
>>
>>1748787
the funniest shit is that Auirus himself made that tree
we do a little revisionism
>>
>Current focus of Cannor said to be Escann

>Currently 0 new Escanni mission trees in the bitbucket, 0 new Escanni events, 0 new Escann content at all.

Is the Cannor Core Team just completely and utterly useless? They do weekly meetings, and yet nothing at all gets done. Is it the same kind of meetings in normal projects, where you just stare at a powerpoint presentation doing nothing? Otherwise what the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>1748636
I bet you didn't read what actually got changed chud. You guys are either a hivemind or just one loser replying to himself. Probably Batavi
>>
>>1748882
The cannor leads have really high standards, so shit takes a long of time to get through review
>>
File: 1686599545633043.png (464 KB, 518x522)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>1748882
>
>>
>>1748882
probably no one's sure how to work on escann when it's not clear whether it's racist to fight the guys who have spent thousands of years doing nothing but attempt to genocide everyone they see
>>
>>1748882
"focus" = what gets priority in reviews
doesn't matter where the focus is if reviews still take ages. It's like having a single power plant to run your entire country on, summer comes around, and you say "we are now switching the focus to powering air conditioning" when everyone lives in a permanent blackout
>>
>>1746459
Beyond implicit reasons such as wanting their content to be official and having the validation associated with it, there are other benefits to having it be part of the official repo.
>Your code will be supported when massive mechanic overhauls occur, reducing the workload (or automating the task entirely) for you.
>Bugfixes and other small revisions are usually taken care of.
Dedicated autists are either too incompetent to create a submod, or are fully willing to deal with the review process to get their content in.
>>
>>1746472
Of the top of my head they integrated a submod that added more provinces to Rubyhold and Ovdal Tungr.
>>
>>1748904
Ildran sounds like a chill dude who just wanted to maximize tax sliders and build pretty stuff
>>
>>1748904
Infernal Court sounds like a cool religion to adopt for an evil Redtusk Orc campaign. When is it getting put on the release build?
>>
>LakeFed tag is just about spreading le democracy
top tier worldbuilding
>>
>>1749452
At least you don't have to accept centaurs
>>
>>1749452
It's such a fucking busted region. It really fucked up my Gerudaghot campaign because I had no idea they all defended each other as some invisible federation, so I let them colonize for me and was fucked over. Then I tried to vassalize one and feed it the rest, without realizing how fucking ridiculous their development was. Really fucking annoyed me. They should barely be able to resist the centaurs, yet they just roll over them before they even get a tech advantage.
>>
>>1749452
is there a spreadsheet or a list for their formable and splinter tags w/ their respective ideas? i looked on the 'cord and didn't find shit
>>
>>1749452
There are like 5 or 6 different lake feds that share a tag but have different names and ideas and missions.
>>
>>1749579
Afaik all of then spread democracy? All "Kalsyto" tags should afaik
>>
File: next update.png (27 KB, 1339x134)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>1749373
It's on Bitbucket right now, but will be on the Steam release on June 14.
>>
>>1749744
Thanks. What changes are being made to Forbidden Plains and Gozengun?
>>
>>1749652
the splinter tags that declare on federation aren't democracy-oriented, one is monarchy, the other is a dictatorship, industrialist and trade-mariners idk, the cossacks probably are the democratic ones
if you follow the annoying federation process ofc you're gonna get a Democracy™ tag every which way
>>
>>1749769
but they dont share a tag?
>>
>>1749769
no, they are region based, some will join the tags if you splinter the federation (no one will join you, so blob some), you can see which tag will get to form what theme in the tooltip while selecting a nation
the civil war is fun-ish
>>
>>1749771
meant >>1749774 for (you)
>>
File: Age_of_monsters_wip.png (353 KB, 615x332)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>Age of Monsters

The Age of the Big Green Cock is over. Now cums the Age of the Gnollussy and of the Harpussy.
>>
>>1749744
Is the valley still the transport yourself to alien planets mechanic or was that idea blocked?
>>
I swear, Jay 'My girlfriend can take on 6 orcs at once' Bean made it his life's duty to shut down all good ideas in favor of the most boring shit.
>>
File: f.png (2.52 MB, 1600x900)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
For some reason I can't build the foundations needed for a mission. Province is not under siege, does not have the foundation and nothing is being built there.
>>
>>1750122
u sure it has no foundation? show province modifiers
>>
File: f2.png (2.71 MB, 1600x900)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB PNG
>>1750125
Here.
>>
>>1750128
it needs a fort to activate the roost modifier maybe?
>>
>>1750130
That was it. For some reason a fort is not mentioned as a requirement.
>>
>>1750144
Well it does say "have the active province modifier"
>>
It's up
>>1750422
>>
>>1750650
don't link threads, that's a general thread thing and that's illegal, janny will be mad
>>
>>1750670
someone complained earlier that this thread wasn't leaked so I wanted to help them
>>
>>1750672
i think that might just have the cretin making excuses, he's the one who likes making threads before current ones even reach bump limit or just when the 4chungus numbers turn red (he's from the 'cord and he doesn't know better)
>>
>>1750678
I make threads when hit 9, I tend to see discussion die down around then so why not make a new one?
>>
>>1750685
*when the last one hits

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.