[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: men-of-war-ii.jpg (741 KB, 1200x1600)
741 KB
741 KB JPG
What's the verdict
>>
>>1739842
It's not out yet.
I played the beta and liked it but it had some issues (mostly technical) to work out and I'm glad they delayed it.
There's still almost 3 weeks until launch but as long as they cleaned up the jank it will basically be Ostfront with better multiplayer that doesn't run like ass.

Compared to AS2 it's gonna have less content but hopefully they'll add more factions with time.
>>
Holy shit it’s finally coming out? I really enjoyed the beta back in August, think I missed a more recent beta though so I’m not sure if anything changed.
>>
Really liked the beta, was going to buy it back in October or whatever before the delay. I'm a little worried that the retarded fans and their feedback might have messed with the game too much but I will still buy it. Was pleasantly surprised to see it's supposed to come out soon.

>>1739960
One of the last patches messed with infantry speed. I forget if it made them faster or slowed but as a result the animations looked "off" somehow. I'm hoping they ironed all those details out. They were very obviously pushing their luck with the original release date.
>>
The beta was AMAZING, there were some rough parts, but If devs fixed them MEN OF WAR 2 WILL BE AWESOME. Pre-order it NOW!
Love the game!
>>
>>1739960
The main thing was them nerfing artillery repeatedly. It's less accurate against moving targets and doesn't instantly throw tank treads on a near-miss anymore. They also added more buildable field fortifications like watch towers
>>
I am not buying your product.
>>
Beta was great, but losing grorious Nippon from older MoW games hurts.
>>
>>1740000
are germans still wildly overpowered?
>>
>>1740188
The absence of the UK/Commonwealth is sorely felt. When it comes out I'm going to see if I can throw together something resembling a UK deck using lendleased soviet gear
>>
File: file.png (2.5 MB, 1443x886)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
>>1740359
I THINK there was a brit battlegroup available for the americans but don't quote me on that. The germans do have this pastacar available, for example.

I'm sure the valour fag will mod all that shit in sooner than later.
>>
>>1740448
There wasn't any dedicated UK deck but the soviets had a bunch of British lendlease units like Churchills available in the beta.
>>
>>1740013
You're chasing shadows again.
>>
SAME FUCKING ENGINE AFTER TWO DECADES
>>
>>1740188
You haven’t lived until you’ve experienced the worst AT grenades known to mankind, all sorts of MG ports pointing out at strange directions, and weird-ass oversized artillery units.
>>
File: 20240310223753_1.jpg (504 KB, 1920x1080)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
How does it compare with Gates of Hell?
>>
>>1744058
WAIT A SEC I THOUGHT THEY CREATES A NEW ANGINE FOR MOW2!?
>>
>>1744179
mow2 is a mix of mow, coh and w:rd.
>>
>>1744180
>Wargame Red Dragon
in what aspects?
>>
>>1744179
Very similar, though I found the controls smoother in mow2 and had trouble going back to ostfront after
>>
>>1739960
>Holy shit it’s finally coming out
In about two weeks I think. Marketing has been kind of weird and low key but I guess that's normal for a small studio. There's no preorder, though, which is kind of weird.
I might wait and see how launch week pans out before I jump in, I've got a gut feeling there will be some tech issues.
>>
>>1744179
Doesn't run as shitty, AI actually works, interesting retreat/repair and camo mechanics, building emplacements/laying down mines is infinitely better. It has actual colors so GOH retards will complain it looks cartoony.
>>
Does it have some shitty retarded tiny unit cap you can use in battles, so you're forced to trickle in tiny amounts of men and equipment as they die or get destroyed?
>>
>>1744508
Yes
>>
>>1739842
Looks like the same game released decades ago with a few UI changes.

Gates of Hell has surpassed Men of War in everyway
>>
>>1744572
>>1744229
>>1739971
do you guys know if they made the building interiors better? especially buildings with multiple floors
>>
>>1744533
Definite pass. I hate that.
>>
>>1744576
Houses work more like in CoH now where soldiers distribute themselves. I'm not sure whether or not you have to still manually check there's still a guy in each window but I don't think so.
>>
>>1744500
Damn I'm sold then, those are basically the only issues I had with GOH.
>>
>>1747498
Don't listen to that anon he is bullshitting, the AI is horrible, the game looks like its ten years old, the UI is garbage, and it runs like shit.

also always online
>>
The game stole my lunch money and burned my house down
>>
Oh fuck this thing is out next week. Is anyone hete going to be playing multiplayer on launch?
>>
>>1739842
Gonna buy it as soon as these tard let me to.
It's funny how after Relic and Eugen shat the bed so hard the last man standing is Men of War.
>>
>>1740448
It wasn't a deck. Part of the units you could get were British.
>>
>>1747630
Why are you describing Gates of Hell in a thread talking about MoW2?
>>
>>1744180
It's 64 bit now so it runs smooth as bubber.
>>
>>1750812
bubber kurwa

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.