[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Will you finally buy it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1575940/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_II/
>>
nahh
>>
I'll wait for release to see if it's worth getting
>>
Worlds WORST trailer good lord why did they not just use their announcement trailer? It looks fun but I agree its worth waiting IMO8xky
>>
>>1745196
don't care about the game. How's the story? Any new development from the last game?
>>
>>1745196
Tried really hard to like the first game but never did, no point playing the 2nd
>>
>>1745196
I still can't get over the mobile game graphics. I might pirate it, but that's the best I can offer.
>>
>>1745196
I'll pirate it first, but probably
>>
>>1745196
On hold for now, late sequels and remakes makes me nervous these days and the original was good enough so. It also better have mod support so we can have a renaissance of total conversions.
>>
>>1745196
I'll get it when it's done. Buying an RTS or 4x in early access is retarded.

>>1745576
I think it's just the colour on the TEC ships. They are all brightly painted. In the trailer the Vasari ships look fine because they are just sleek and metallic like in the first one.
>>
>>1745694
Star trek armada 4 when?
>>
Reminder this game has gone full woke with feminist space psychics.
>>
>>1745841
Are you just trying to bait people into bumping the thread?
>>
>>1745844
Are you denying that the newest faction they're adding are a bunch of all female SJW's?
>>
>>1745846
So we're on the same page here. Are you talking about the Advent? I only saw the Vasari in the trailer.
>>
>>1745847
Yeah, 'Advent', they're adding them this summer.
>>
>>1745841
>>1745846
>>1745852
very funny, comedy gold right here, i hope you're screenshotting this hilarious satire for your discord server
>>
File: Sins release.jpg (3 KB, 290x36)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>1745852
Oh right sorry, when you said "has gone" I thought you meant recently. Glad you've stayed mad about it for 16 years.
>>
>>1745841
They had those in the first game thoughever.
>>
>>1745879
We're not talking about some other game, we're talking about this one.
>>
File: file.png (23 KB, 687x155)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>1745196
Why does the UI look like shit?
>>
>>1745196
If I see enough proof it's not essentially the same game as the first one, I might get it. Sins 1 isn't outdated enough for me to want a remaster but I do want a sequel. If 2 turns out to be more or less a remaster, I wouldn't be able to get over the sense of disappointment. Never played Knights of Honor 2 either for the same reason.
>>
>>1745891
ok, so this game has the same women the other game had, how is this news?
>>
>>1745902
>how is this news
The news is that he was born after 2008.
>>
>AI slop artwork
Hard fucking pass.
>>
>>1745941
ai slop is good
>>
Reminder to ignore bad bait.

>>1745576
>>1745725
I don't have it yet but I think there's an option to reduce the main color on ships so the TEC don't have to be so garish. They make them as bright as they are by default for easy team confirmation (I think that's what they said).
>>
>>1745943
Retard.

>No campaign
>Literally Sins 1 but with more grafix
>>
>>1745945
Yeah it makes sense. Easy fix to initial complaints, but also if you want the visibility it's there. I'll wait and see how it looks in action when I get it after it releases before I judge it.
>>
>>1745945
Because Sins 1 was so hard to distinguish.

What the fuck excuse are they smoking, it's just happy colourful and garish to attract the zoomer crowd who know nothing but Fortnite and Twitch.
>>
>>1745952
You're being cynical for the sake of being cynical. Whether you like it or not, this is the way readability is treated in modern strategy games. If it looks bad or is implemented poorly, that is more likely because of incompetence by the devs, not some secret malice to market towards an audience that would never play the game in the first place. Instead of being a retarded skitzo, if it looks bad, just say it looks bad.
>>
>>1745946
but that's not related to the ai slop
that's human slop
>>
>>1745952
Colourful games are payback for an era of brown and bloom followed by another era of black and grey.
>>1745900
Sins with multicore and updated graphics is good enough provided it has all the content of every expansion of the last game and modding support + map editor. AS it is now, it's unfinished so not worth getting.

What I wonder and haven't been following, is did they make the Z axis easier to use, work with, and defend against? does 2 even have a Z axis like 1? The Z axis was appreciated but they didn't build the game around it at all.
>>
I thought they said it would stay as Epic exclusive indefinitely.
>>
>>1746008
Indefinitely ends.
>>
>>1745986
I'm more interested in whether there'll be any big changes that might shake up the gameplay, like the planets moving thing. I've just heard about it, haven't actually seen what it does yet.
>>
>AIsloppa
lmao get the fuck out of here Stardock. Go use AI to generate the dollars out of my wallet you're never getting.
>>
>>1746035
ai slop is good
>>
>>1745986
>Payback
Are you a fucking child? What, should every game be colourful now even if it makes no sense for the type of game and setting?
>>
>>1746049
you're a child because that innocuous remark which was possibly a joke made you piss and shit yourself and rage at a stranger
>>
>>1745196
Timmy Chang already paid for it, no need to pay for it again. I forgot it existed, so I assume it's trash since I forgot it existed and I still play the original here and there.
>>
>>1745945
>They make them as bright as they are by default for easy team confirmation
That's fucking stupid since normally you are looking at the icons anyway. The only time you don't see those, just the ship colors is in the cinematic camera mode when you are not actively making tactical decisions anyway.
>>
>>1745196
I had no idea this even came out
>>
>>1746008
Devs always say this, the translation to that is "will be on epic store until the epic bribe money dries up."
>>
Is there anything even new in this? So far it looks like one of those 'sequels' thats basically a remaster. The first game but with better graphics.
>>
>>1746144
It didn't come out.
>>
>>1746155
>Devs always say this
I imagine it's part of the deal to give people FOMO and installing epic.
>>
>>1746173
It's actually out on EGS since October 2022
>>
>>1746174
100% thats what it is, Epic signs them to be exclusive for a short amount of time in return for fat stacks. Creating a sense of urgency for the customer to install the epic store because its the only way you could possibly play the game. I knew this game would go to Steam eventually, it would just be a waiting game.
>>
>>1745841
Those were in the first game too retard
>>
>>1746180
Doesn't seem like it actually works, most people aren't stupid or desperate enough to fall for this fom. Certainly not for this game at least
>>
>>1746282
speak for yourself, i'm that stupid
>>
>>1746295
You get what you deserve then I guess
>>
>>1746296
thank you
>>
>>1746282
This strategy may have worked for Epic at some time in the past, but in the modern day more and more video games are fighting for your cash. It just makes these games get buried from the public eye. I feel like SINS 2 announcement wouldve been a fairly big deal in the strategy space, but the Epic announcement straight up has people in the thread not even aware it was announced. Sad!
>>
>>1745841
a real fucking comedian
>>
>>1745841
The White Male is still taking centerstage on the promo art so thats still a W
>>
>>1746301
The epig vs apple lawsuit showed that fewer than 7% of people who installed EGS actually spent money.
>>
>>1746371
Man that's fucking pathetic lmao
>>
Our capital ships shields are down!
>>
Times of war are upon us.
>>
It's about time
>>
>>1745841
you saw hardspace: shipbreakers right
>>
I liked some of the Advent ships of the 1st game though.
Like the one that looks like a ball and emits a shield, Icarus or something
Also a major reason I liked the game was the replays. You can just follow a ship or even a strikecraft throughout the replay. Very kino. Can't do that in stellaris which is a huge shame.
>>
>>1745196
I tried so hard to like this game, but I kept sleeping after some 10 minutes, I don't know why its so boring and takes so long for it to start
>>
>>1746371
i log in, claim my free game, log out. I don't even install them. I don't know why i do this
>>
>>1746835
The original?
>>
>>1746846
Yeah, I don't understand why, tried to play some 10 different matches over a week but I kept finding it boring, weird cause I like stellaris and EaW
>>
>>1746849
I get it. It's probably a mix of expectations. It feels like an RTS so your brain is probably in RTS mode, but in reality it's as slow as a 4x. Could also just be it's too simple of a 4x for you and there's not enough going on.
>>
>>1746864
Probably the latter
>>
>>1745196
why the TEC ships for sins rebellion look more detailed than sins 2 though.
Also, they lose their red laser blasters too?
Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>1746919
I think you might be misremembering or not understand what detailed means. Rebellion does look very good for its age though.
>>
>>1746926
How long ago have you played Rebellion
I played it a week ago.
>>
>>1746927
The Ankylon from Rebellion does not look this detailed.
>>
>>1746928
>>
>>1746937
If you're posting that to try and show that the model in Rebellion is more detailed, then I was right in thinking you don't know what detailed means. Now you could definitely make an argument for ships in Rebellion being more aesthetically designed. I'd go with that.
>>
>>1746937
>>
>>1746940
sins 2 just has a better shader and lighting. Higher res textures too.
>>
>>1746940
Honestly, I've been playing more of the eve online mod recently and I can't wait for the complete sins 2 upgrade.
>>
>>1746928
>>1746937
>>1746943
those little visible window lights from the first game are doing a lot of heavy lifting here, they instantly add a sense of scale
but ultimately sins 2 isn't that much worse so it's whatever
>>
>>1746998
Yeah, Sins 2 models look better armored but they also look like they aren't actually crewed by anyone.
>>
>>1746998
>>1747006
Yeah, the main problem is that none of us actually own the game so we can't check to see if they are following feedback and adjusting them. The windows for scale thing has been something mentioned ever since they announced it. I'd be curious to see what it looks like now, but not touching it until full release.
>>
>>1746928
Man this looks like shit
>>
I read on the dev's discord channel that there wont be industrial ships for vasari and advent. How unfortunate, I liked to look at the trade ships of each faction go about their business going to trade port to trade port. Isn't trade and industry the backbone of a civilization? How are vasari going to haul their stuff around? They are just animals now.
>>
>>1747491
>How are Vasari going to haul their stuff around?
Aren't they built around destroying worlds and moving on now?
>>
>>1747516
How would trade pacts work if they don't have trade ships?
Why does the armpit have hair?
>>
>>1747491
I think that's actually a good thing. The TEC are the ones who should be industrial and trade focused. The Vasari economy should be focused on slavery and looting, the Advent are a bunch of psychic commies so maybe their economy could be based more on using their psychic powers to do shit. Asymmetry is good, so long as it is actually done.
>>
>>1747525
Each one of these factions extracts resources and refines them into metals to build their ships. So how do they have an industry, without having an industry? It doesn't make sense and I think the change for sins 2 is stupid. I will not be convinced otherwise. I sure as fuck hope sins 2 doesn't have any diplomacy, because it would sure feel pretty stupid seeing a notification saying that one of my allies who are not TEC, want to have a trade agreement.
>>
>>1747529
Let me put it this way:
>TEC: traditional industry, it's their territory
>Vasari: slave-based industry, it's not their territory
>Advent: crazy witchcraft, it's not their territory
Each of these can be separate mechanics.
>>
>>1747531
No.
>>
>>1747531
What am I supposed to do when they request/offer a trade pact? Use my imagination and imagine they have trade ports and ships while I don't have to imagine that stuff for the TEC? HAHAHA

It's a downgrade. Period.
>>
>>1747538
Maybe they handle trade differently. Faction asymmetry is good. I never liked how trade, industry, and culture mechanics were mostly the same in Sins 1.
>>
>>1747560
If you really want faction asymmetry, then all 3 factions shouldn't fly space ships.

The advent should be on broomsticks
The vasari should be floating on flying roman-style boats with slaves rowing.
>>
>>1747567
>The vasari should be floating on flying roman-style boats with slaves rowing.
Kino. The advent should just have space suits or power suits and be able to fly under their own mental power. Their larger ships should just be bits of dirt, water, and grass surrounded in a psychic bubble. Maybe with a whole building or two for command centers.

>>1747519
>>1747529
Vasari have stargates, they can just warp shit around.
>>
>>1747609
>Vasari have stargates, they can just warp shit around.
Oh yea, that thing that let their trade ships travel through space without using space lanes in the last game. Yea I guess that makes sense(sarcasm)

It's so fucking funny watch a bunch of dumb and retarded justifications why advent and vasari shouldn't have trade ports.
Don't you think you people are taking the TEC title too literally. Trader Emergency Coalition isn't supposed to mean they are the only civilization that traded goods. All it meant is that they had peace for a long time but suddenly realized they needed battleships to defend themselves after the Vasari invaded.
>>
>>1745196
Not buying Timmy 's sloppy seconds... Ugh I know... It's just that I'm not going to buy it HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1745196
this whole series is so strange
>game comes out from literal who developers back in like 2007 or whatever, no one has ever heard of them or knows a single person who worked on it before or since
>becomes kind of a cult hit somehow, sells a pretty solid amount of copies
>the developers NEVER release another game
>what the fuck is "star dock"
>a few small expansion packs, released over the course of like 8 years, while they worked on apparently nothing else
>then like 15 years later they make a sequel for some reason?
>is anyone who made the original still around?
>are they still working at the same company?
>why? the company doesnt even make any products
>they just materialized one middling but soulful rts game into existence in the early days of windows vista and then disappeared into the ether
>why is it on epic games only?
like what the fuck? none of this makes any sense
>>
>>1747727
Basically
>2007 was the tail end of the golden age of RTS, Sins is effectively Warcraft 3 but in spess, nobody cared because nobody at the time had much respect for RTS games anymore
>Stardock is the parent company, Ironclad Games is the company that actually made it
>for a while Stardock was trying to pull a CD Projekt Red with their own online store that never panned out
>it's on ESG because Stardock exhausted itself financially trying to fight for the rights to Star Control, which it didn't fully get
>Sins 2 is likely to be another sleeper head, if anyone cares about it at all, ESG is where hype goes to die
>>
>>1747727
I remember back I think in 2014 they had plans to create another Sins but underwater and jokingly called it "Sins of a Sonar Empire" as basically their idea of what it would be. Looking back, I don't even know anymore, no mentions of it online except for unrelated games by other devs that never released.
I guess they like to do their own thing. Avoid turning into EVE or Star Citizen and all that.
>>
>>1747731
Oh, I forgot
>mid-2010, Ironclad Games tried to get into the MOBA genre with some garbage game, it failed
>>
>>1747727
There was a video on youtube that interviewed the developers, as usual they were all straight white male nerds trying to make a game that simulated space battles because they liked stuff from other fictional scifi, like Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica. I saw the video around the time Rebellion came out, but I've already discovered sins of a solar empire around 2009-2010, so I was already a fand of their game.

I can't find that video anywhere now. I remember that it was either on Ironclad's or stardock's youtube channel. If it's not in either of those, it's gone forever.
>>
>>1747727
You forgot the part where they said that RTS are dead and tried to make a fantasy Sins MOBA instead of a sequel to Sins and it never got released.
>>
>>1747567
don't be stupid
>>
>>1747740
RTS was dead at the time they said that. Starting around 2020, there was a major revival with RTS and city builders - which is what we're in the middle of right now.
>>
>>1747740
wasn't that demigod and it did get released? to general apathy, but still
>>
>>1747745
It was called Sins of a Dark Age. The Wikipedia article isn't even all the way filled in.
>>
>>1747727
>>1747731
>becomes kind of a cult hit somehow, sells a pretty solid amount of copies
I remember my RTS buddies from middle school at the time all got together to play it, it was the first time I was at a LAN party. I remember marveling at how pretty the game looked, so I guess that's what stood out about it to me.

>what the fuck is "star dock"
It gets weirder if you were familiar with Stardock before they released SOASE, they were mainly known for making software that customized Windows such as RocketDock or Fences, basically programs you'd know about if you were really into ricing Windows. Then lo and behold, they release an RTS?
>>
>>1747746
huh, i've completely missed that. i remember the statement about rts being dead but this is the first time i'm hearing about this game.
>>
>>1745576
>I still can't get over the mobile game graphics.
Speaking of, this was SUPPOSEDLY supposed to be temporary, as the game was "still being worked on."

Imagine my shock.
>>
>>1747786
You didn't hear anything because it was utter trash. Trying to compete against Dota 2.
>>
>>1747727
Money laundering
>>
>>1745896
OG Sins has perfect UI
why do they fuck with it?
>>
that game released on epic in pre alpha stage, not full races, missing units and UI, probably will take like 2 dlcs to make it worth playing.
>>
>>1745896
>AI-generated UI
what the actual fuck lol
>>
>>1747745
Nah, Demigod came from Gas Powered Games, aka the guys who made Supreme Commander. Surprisingly soulful for a failed moba.
>>
>>1747763
>>1747727
Stardock made the Galciv series. It is not at all weird for them to publish another space 4x
>>
>>1747763
>>1747727
Didn't Stardock make the GalCiv games? It wasn't THAT suprising, unless you lived in an real-time only bubble at the time.
>>
>>1747763
Consider that at the time DRM was a big issue between EA activation limit fiacos and steam being more shit than they are currently. Their big push was a very proto GoG "yeah drm doesn't prevent piracy, pirate the game if you want, we don't care." That gave them a lot of good free publicity.
Ironic how stardock made impulse as said proto GoG platform and subsequently sold it to gamestop.
>>
>>1747727
They also made a MOBA somewhere in the middle of that which flopped and died extremely quickly.
There is still a gap between that and sins 2 though. They are a bit of an enigma. I guess they spend a lot of time working on their engines.
>>
>>1748422
There is no gap, they've worked hard on expansions and updating Sins 1. The audience continually asked for a multicore version so they eventually gave in and made Sins 2.
>>
>>1745196
ogrovs can target ships now?
based
>>
>>1748491
It's the opposite. Ships can cuck orgovs.
>>
>>1748510
in the trailer it looked like the ogrovs were shooting the titan
>>
>>1748512
No, the Orgovs were shooting the Starbase and the Titan bodyblocked it.
>>
>>1748514
The Vasari titan you pedant
>>
Why is the Advent for closed beta testing? Suspicious behavior.
>>
>>1748715
The entire game has been closed/paid beta testing.
>>
>>1749096
What you say is journalist tier dishonesty.
>>
File: advent.jpg (220 KB, 833x878)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>1749096
Except no one will see Advent until full release unless you are "invited".
>>
>>1749258
the fuck is with all this cloak and daggers shit
if its not ready make it an optional beta build and say "this will crash ur game"
discord? invite codes?? fuck off
>>
Everything in this thread is throwing up big red flags this is going to be bad
really bad
>>
If it's just Sins for modern hardware, I think it will be good. Most of the complaints I've seen are "mobile graphics" or "epic game". I don't care about either of these. I will definitely hold all judgment until I get my hands on the full release.
>>
>>1746371
well yeah why else would you interact with such a crappy store other than to grab the free shit
>>
>>1747727
They made galciv, ashes of the singularity, and offworld trading company. You are retarded.
>>
>>1749450
Stardock didn't make Ashes or OTC. But then they didn't make Sins either, Ironclad did, so I don't know why people are getting hung up on that.
>>
Sooo has anyone played this gaem?
>>
>>1749629
It's not out until Q3 2024...
>>
>>1749767
My brother in Christ.....
>>
>>1749629
yea, everyone who bought it on epic games store is playing right now, why haven't you?
>>
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1575940/view/4209253428808433640
>The blue and yellow coloring reflects the ability of the player to choose his primary and secondary hull colors before beginning the match. Players who prefer less color paint on their ships can select the 'minimal color' option when they choose their logo and portrait. This is closer to the Sins: Rebellion style.
>>
These niggas really did put all the vasari in full face helmets.
>>
File: 11.jpg (145 KB, 1631x901)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
What's in there? Why does it glow so much? I'd hate to be in there without sunglasses.
>>
>>1749887
If it's anything like current cruise ships, boomers and e coli.
>>
>>1749807
>No comparison shot of the 2 styles
They had one job. I just wanna see.
>>
>>1749887
That's fucked, we should see shit that's beneath the dome. Trees, shopping mall, something. I don't care if it is a flat texture, just having a bright white glow misses the point of what those structures are.
>>
>>1749979
>what those structures are.
A fake sky with a fake sun so the natural rhythms of the things inside don't get fucked up?
>>
>>1749986
It's a cruise ship, those domes are for the view.
>>
>>1749988
It *was* a cruise ship. Now it's a warship and who even knows what's in there. Probably a bunch of reinforced hulls so there isn't a huge weakspot in the middle of the ship
>>
>>1745576
I'm sure mods will fix it but yeah... I get where you're coming from
>>
>>1750047
Sounds like they've fixed it themselves if it just ends up being a colour palette issue. >>1749807

The Vasari stuff in that new trailer just looks like higher rise Vasari stuff from rebellion, so I have hope that's all it is.
>>
>>1750053
If I can make all the tec ships a blacked out like dodge chargers in space, It would be nice.
>>
File: vasa.png (100 KB, 637x827)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
Are there really people like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUelBzX3RXo
>>
>>1750542
Nigger never heard of fucking turning the volume down or headphones?
>Mr Scorsese can you not have people die in your movies? When i blast the volume as loud as I can it annoys people.
>>
>>1750542
I think that might just be actual autism. The devs know to ignore that shit. Vasari voices are mad.
>>
>>1750542
My throat always hurts when listening to this. There's no way they were able to voice anything again after these.
>>
>>1750542
Advent voices from 1 were fucking amazing..
This nigger is retarded
>>
>>1750542
Nobody show this guy what the Argonians from TES sound like, he might actually have a nervous breakdown
>>
>>1750744
He didn't say the Advent were bad.
https://youtu.be/b9-nkbzOR9A?t=75
>>
>>1747763
They made the galciv series, I only knew about SoaSE because I had to use their launcher with gal civ 2
>>
Is the art for sins 2 made by poos?
>>
>>1751377
Don't insult AI like that.
>>
>>1747727
>didn't know who stardock was

Zoomer, Galactic Civilizations I and 2 were pretty well known to anyone interested in strategy games. They also were involved in software stuff back then.
>>
>>1751382
Really wish I could see some credits screen and see the artists/ art director last names.
>>
>>1745196
Stardock can't really make good games though so no
>>
>>1751706
Good thing they aren't making it then.
>>
>>1749921
kek
>>
>>1750542
>LE HECKIN EVIL ALIEN SLAVE MASTER VOICE LINES ARE TOO MENACING AHHHH
I hope this retard gets caught in a combine harvester
>>
I think everyone who decided to not give Vasari and Advent the ability to construct trade ports should all line up to get slapped in the face while I'm driving a scooter.
>>
>>1752695
Muh asymmetric gameplay

>All races now have a unique Empire System. The TEC's Empire System is 'Trade' which leans heavily into their lore and is quite different than Sins: Rebellion. The other two races cannot use this and have their own exclusive Empire Systems.
>>
>>1752695
>>1752708
I'm fine with it as long as the other factions mechanics are interesting. I love asymmetrical gameplay in 4x games.
>>
>>1752695
>Sins 1
>TEC have good trade but Advent and Vasari have shit trade, can't compete in raw credits
>Sins 2
>TEC, Advent, and Vasari have separate mechanics
Tell me which is better, faggot
>>
>>1752755
I'm not ok with it because I just can't get over how stupid it is. I mean, It would make much better sense for me if they all had trade, on top of their own unique mechanics. Like if Vasari entered a trade pact with another vasari player/AI, their slave trade would grant bonuses to their ship build speeds for example. I've said this before, if how would and Advent and Vasari having a "trade pact" at some point in the game even make sense.

This is supposedly a 4x hybrid, and all 3 factions have the ability colonize planets and have their people living in them. Vasari is also an Empire, and you can't have an empire if you don't have any trade.

>>1752757
Sins 1 with added content instead of removed content.
>>
>>1752760
>It would make much better sense for me if they all had trade, on top of their own unique mechanics
That would be ideal. Rather than taking away a mechanic, add more unique ones.
>>
File: 1713134570970426.jpg (8 KB, 412x314)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1752760
>if how would and Advent and Vasari having a
Ohh fuck that is brutal, I did not proof read.
>>
>>1752760
>This is supposedly a 4x hybrid, and all 3 factions have the ability colonize planets and have their people living in them. Vasari is also an Empire, and you can't have an empire if you don't have any trade.
Except none of the factions colonize these planets, they're all already colonized during the Trade Order era. The TEC 'liberates them' by forcing them to be part of the coalition, the Vasari enslave them and live in atmospheric/orbital castles like fuedal lords while the Human peons suffer below, and the Asari convert. This is a 4x game but it's not Civilization or Masters of Orion.
>>
>>1752778
And the Advent spread their virgin pussy juice and call it a culture. They were so degenerate, that's why they were cast out and seek revenge. Not something Civilization or Masters of Orion had either.
>>
>>1752781
I always loved that part of the lore. Literally exiled because they were so degenerate that the rest of humanity was like jesus no, you're not allowed to be considered humans any more, get out of our space. But I don't recall if they ever said what their degeneracy was.
>>
>>1752782
They had huge tubes up their vaginas and they used cybernetic enhancements and nanomachines on their clits to make them spray all over the place for prolonged periods. They covered the walls and including people with pussy juice.
They've even built humongous superweapons that shot a huge payloads full of their pussy juice towards other planets to convert entire populations.
>>
I like to see trade and refinery ships fly between planets because it makes the map feel more alive.
>>
File deleted.
>>1752782
>But I don't recall if they ever said what their degeneracy was.
They liked skub.
>>
>>1752760
>>1752695
Vasari don't use money at all is their reasoning. I don't know what they have in place of trade but I figure someone should if it's even in the game yet. It does make sense that they internally wouldn't have trade. I imagine they have like slave driven super refineries or something similar.
>Vasari is also an Empire
They are not a friendly empire, they are a dominating and slaving empire and have no reason to trade over just taking and redistributing. They'd be the always-at-war faction in a normal 4x.

Why Advent don't, I don't know but I assume their unity = communism and they probably won't use money either.

Also what I think is dumb is the idea of any sort of trade and scarcity in space games once you can take over planets. Imagine all the shit we get from just this earth. 10 earths with no one else on them would be more than enough resources for some huge space empire.
>>
>>1752827
>slaver empires don't do trade
Nigga the whole point of slavery is that people can be bought and sold, is this not trade?
>unity = communism and they probably won't use money either
Yeah, no commie country has ever participated in the global market and even made parallel currencies for internal and external trade
>>
>>1753022
>Nigga the whole point of slavery
Is free or reduced price labor with workers who have few rights and no ability to leave their jobs.
Vasari do not buy or sell apparently, since they don't use money. They capture and pillage.

>no commie country has ever
existed (tm)
What I mean is Advent likely literally just take shit to where it is needed and share without payment of any sort.

In any case we don't know what, if anything, they will have. The Vasari don't even use money to build their own stuff but probably use it to bribe pirates or whatever. It'll probably be something useful to the nomadic faction as well. Maybe extra hard slave driving for more resources. As for the Advent, while I don't see why they would want to trade with either faction, they should probably have trade, even though I doubt they use money either. They probably will have some culture focused thing. Like the persuadatron from Syndicate they'll probably have more cultural expansion based on the planets under their control and be able to take over ships or something.
>>
>>1750542
>Ryan
I fucking hate you Ryan.
>>
>>1745196
Space rts games fucking suck, pass out staring at an endless black void
>>
File: 1691972159666089.jpg (23 KB, 517x541)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1753279
You'll be looking at the black void soon enough
>>
>>1753279
>pass out staring at an endless black void
This implies that the only thing stopping you from passing out normally is looking at colours.
>>
>>1753279
But space games have the best skyboxes? Sucks that Rebellion removed the beautiful sea blue one.
>>
>>1753446
god sins shield impact animations are so limp and unimpressive
at least that's one thing that looks better in 2
>>
File: 20240323183921_1.jpg (628 KB, 2880x1620)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
I've always thought it would be a good idea for Advent to be on mecha suits so the developers could make animations for transformations and mech movements. Transformations would look like the ships from battletech. It would look stupid for non-weeb subhuman trash, but as long as it leaves an open canvas for gundam and macross mods, I don't care.

It would be a huge asymmetric gameplay mechanic, for those who want asymmetry so badly. I imagine they could have some units that could attach to ship hulls and tear ships apart a little. There could be some finishing blow animations like in Dawn of War where the Advent mechas could kick or cut smaller ships like frigate in half.
>>
>>1753533
>from battletech
meant robotech
>>
File: 20240325162753_1.jpg (417 KB, 2880x1620)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>1753533
It also makes better sense for lore reasons too, Since the advent use a lot of robotics in their backstory.
>>
>>1753533
>Advent capital ships and titans transform
Huh. That's neat.
>>
>>1753533
So you want support for ships having animations, that's neat. I'd actually be really interested in seeing what modders would do with such a thing besides mecha. There's several ships in certain series that have animations moving parts of the ships around (that aren't turrets) for firing weapons etc. Mobile shipyards swapping from transit mode to deployed. A lot of modders are actually working with the devs to get a ton of features added specifically for their mods.
I decided to check but an Ironclad/Stardock dev said there's no plans for mesh animations for first release. The source? This cringe screenshot. Sorry anons, maybe later.
>>
File: 20240316152421_1.jpg (724 KB, 2880x1620)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
>>1753544
Yea, that's pretty much what I meant when I said transformation animations for stuff like robotch, because robotech macross has battleships that transform themselves to become giant fucking guns or bigger robots. Like I said, it could leave an open canvas for modders.

A space rts that has this is something I have wet dreams about every night. I guess moving ship turrets is a good upgrade, because I wished for that too.
>>
>>1753547
I've seen Macross so I know what you mean. I'm very glad we got moving turrets and whatever they're doing with missiles. Shifting phase lanes seems interesting as well. I'll probably post some screenshots whenever the game comes out. I think the only mod I'm interested in currently is if the Eve Online mod comes to Sins 2.
>>
File: 20240413015333_1.jpg (1.54 MB, 3840x2160)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>1753551
>eve online mod
They're waiting to make that shit. It's not really a matter of 'if'. They've been modding eve skyboxes to the current version of the game already.
>>
>>1753556
Abbadons are so cute when you don't have the scale reference to make them look imposing.
>>
File: 20240418140157_1.jpg (1.08 MB, 3840x2160)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>1753560
This isn't cute?
>>
>>1753556
Yeah they're pretty based as seen here. https://github.com/largeBIGsnooze/soase2-plugin-vscode
>>1753560
They're cute but also terrifying. I guess you could say the same about most Eve ships. I think one of my favorite T1 Amarr ships based purely on looks is the Omen.
>>
File: 20240419214343_1.jpg (654 KB, 2880x1620)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>1753565
>>
>>1753565
The executioner hull has become my favorite.
The way the outer shell shifts around as you warp is very subtle but also really neat.
>>
File: Good.jpg (8 KB, 110x173)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
So why are we hating this game again? Is it just because it went to the chinkstore?
>>
>>1754148
New bad, old good.
>>
>>1754148
just read the thread
>>1754182
No one said this, dipshit
>>
>>1754183
FUCK YOU
ITS NOT OK TO HAVE A SINGLE FUCKING CRITICISM OF A NEW GAME ASSHOLLEEEEEEe!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NEW GAME GOOD

NEW GAME GOOD

NEW GAME GOOD

NEW GAME GOOD
>>
>>1754187
Holy spaceships, you people that hate criticism are crazy af
>>
>>1754183
I haven't seen anything bad except "I don't like how the ships look" and similar shit. The only thing I've seen is the criticism for missing trade ships, but judging from the trailer each faction has a unique System, so that's actually cool and not bad.

Personally, I think the game looks great.
>>
>>1754183
The main complaint is that the new designs compared to the old ones aren't like they remember them so they are bad.
>>
>>1754363
Yea, that's right. Based on what they have presented, some TEC ships look like low effort 3d models with really gay paint schemes, like something you see in a phone game. Not very aesthetically pleasing. Vasari ships look like actual visual upgrades. These are objectively correct opinions to have. The recent Advent preview, seems like they will have an actual visual upgrade as well.
>>
>>1754406
>like something you see in a phone game
phone bad. too modern.
>>
>>1754418
No, phones are good.
>>
>Plymouth, Michigan
It seems Icarus-like to me that this company would try to do anything other than make cars that burst into flames when rear ended.
>>
>>1754418
It is when its a PC game, just like how consoles kept PC back over a decade ago its like Smartphones have been doing the same thing.
>>
>>1754193
There's not a lot to criticise.

It seems to be the same game as 2008 with a visual upgrade and multi core support. Would have been exciting around 2012-2016ish. But it's been 16 fucking years -_-

This is what happens when you piss away your money chasing a fucking MOBA instead of focusing on what works.
>>
>>1754486
If it is the same again with better capabilities, why is that bad again? Also, I see new stuff, the planetary movement seems to be rather cool, and impactful. More than, for example, in Distant Worlds, where in 1 it was a visual gimmick and in 2 it was alltogether removed.
>>
>>1754486
>instead of focusing on what works.
They did focus on Sins1 all this time.
>>
I'm excited assuming the star trek armada crew gets back together to make another mod for it.
>>
>>1754496
No one is criticizing the better capabilities of the game engine.
>>
>>1754521
I haven't seen any substantial criticism of the game except ship look bad.

I guess that's valid criticism as well, but hardly objective. To me it seems the game got a really bad rep just because it went to epic, without any special reason except that people dislike epic
>>
>>1754527
I don't know why you waste your time. Just say your don't care how the ships look.
>>
>>1754549
I'm trying to find out if the game is actually good since it's available. I do care about how the ships look, but they look fine to me
>>
>>1754566
Oh so you want to find out if the game is good.
Haha, yea it's good, but I don't care what you would think about it if you don't like it after trying it out.
>>
>>1754496
>If it is the same again with better capabilities, why is that bad again?
Meh fair enough.

>>1754504
They definitely didn't. Or it would have come out much sooner.
>>
>>1755049
>They definitely didn't. Or it would have come out much sooner.
Sins 1 did come out much sooner. I said they focused on Sins 1 all this time, not Sins 2. Sins 2 probably just came about because they finished rewriting Sins 1 to be multicore and they need some money now. They've been supporting Sins 1 all this time, though it's mostly been nerfing for multiplayer.
>>
So now Homeworld 3 is toast... Can I be optimistic about this game now?

I mean there's no story to fuck up... Not really... No campaign... They look to have copied the original game and improved on it. Something I've bitched about before but maybe im a retard and this is the right way to go. Building on what worked previously.
>>
>>1755747
I've pirated the latest version and it feels fine honestly. I haven't played the original in ages, but it feels the same. I like the moving planets, and it's not only a gimmick. Can also be turned off for purists. I think the Capital ships are a bit too small, but as far as I remember I had that problem with the first game also. Honeslty, it feels good, it's just boring to play agains the AI and Advent is not in yet.
>>
>>1755755
>I think the Capital ships are a bit too small, but as far as I remember I had that problem with the first game
I mean for example a Kol was as big as like what, two or three Kodiaks at best? They stood out more due to their silhouttes than size.
>>
>>1755818
A battleship being two or three times the size as a heavy cruiser makes sense. If anything it's already quite exaggerated.
>>
>>1755747
>I mean there's no story to fuck up... Not really... No campaign...
Yet. Retards keep asking for one and they plan to comply eventually, so prepare for cringe and some mystery-ruining OP faction added to show what was chasing the Vasari.
>>
>>1755952
They better make futanari giantesses the race that fucked the vasari.
>>
>>1755952
All they need to do is just keep adding story and lore to stuff. It doesn't need to be a story campaign or anything. I think they did fine with the story in the first game. Basically the themes and mechanics of the DLC inform the continuing narrative of the setting.
>>
>Ugh why do AAA games focus on graphics so much, I'm a STRATEGY gamer, the gameplay is what matters

Meanwhile
>>1745576
>>
>>1755952
I mean it's something other dimension probably like Unbidden from Stellaris.

It started at Vasari experimental transportation lab so that gives a vague idea of what it could be.
>>
>>1755952
>they plan to comply eventually
haha i'll believe that only when i'm literally playing it and not a nanosecond before then
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1575940/discussions/1/4364628673430946850/
>we made that ourselves in the basement of a house we rented
soul...
>>
>>1756375
The fact those developers are still there is a good sign.
>>
>>1755952
The mystery faction could be good as some kind of AI threat that makes you engage in diplomacy, but that's not really on-brand for RTS games. You could make it a campaign-only thing instead but they're not gonna make all those assets and not use them in the main game mode.
>>
>>1756375
Limitations really are what create soul, look how worse games got when the industry was given way more money and people.
>>
>>1757051
>not really on-brand for RTS games
Good thing we're talking about 4x
>>
>>1757062
Calling SoaSE a 4X is like calling Rise of Nations a 4X: you're right, but that's not the point
>>
File: Untitled.png (710 KB, 777x485)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>1757064
>>
>>1757054
I don't think the strategy game part of the industry has been given more money or people since then though. You can look at C&C3, RA3 or SC2 campaigns on one hand (and those games are from the twilight of the genre), and AoE4 or HW3 campaigns on the other and compare the production values.
>>
is the first one easy to get into? I never played it and it looks pretty daunting. the only RTS i've played before are tiberian sun and red alert.
>>
>>1757124
Very easy. Get Rebellion and just get stuck in. It's one of those simple to play but hard to master games.
>>
>>1756623
Yes and no. They were once young and passionate with few resources, now they have lots of resources but are old and fine with cutting corners or compromising with consultants. The unfortunate truth of life. When you are young you have no money, and when you are old and rich you have no youth.
>>
>>1757173
>now they have lots of resources
I don't think that's true. They have more resources, but it's still a niche title from a dev that's done one thing and published by a relatively small publisher. The fact that they haven't gone into mobile gaming or pumped out garbage or something is possibly evidence of you being wrong. We won't know til we play it though.
>>
I'm actually scared they are going to add m*n to the Advent voice lines and portraits.
>>
File: 1609114587529.gif (1.83 MB, 854x480)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>1757297
I welcome the Gachi take over of Advent. We'll show them what true degeneracy is.
>>
>>1757302
ok, I know you're just joking, but right now I have real bad anxiety about them adding men to the Advent voice lines and portraits. I feel like I'm about to throw up too after looking at your gif. Not only is it gay porn, you unironically posted something that's not even a webm.
>>
File: 1635747112456.gif (344 KB, 256x192)
344 KB
344 KB GIF
>>1757303
I'm not joking. I want Advent to fulfill my fantasies. My Deep Dark Fantasies.
>>
>>1757297
It's 2024, you can feel secure that for the sake of diversity Advent will only come in women, transwomen, and futanari. If there is a male, he will be the corruption in the unity and thus implicitly be the player playing the loyalist faction.
>>
File: myadvent.jpg (60 KB, 512x768)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1757331
I will just replace the portraits with AIslop of my own with big tity women in white robes.
>>
File: Faction07.png (55 KB, 199x225)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>1757297
>I would be just as angry if they add men to Advent as I am about adding women to Custodes
Huh.
>>
>>1757520
>as I am about adding women to Custodes

What does this even mean? I'm not the one putting women in custodes
>>
>>1757520
To be fair, the only reason women can't be space marines is "because t-they just can't, okay?" while lorewise females are more adept psychics and dominate the higher castes of the psychic communities.
Also I think they focus too much on the psychic aspect of Advent and not enough on the drugs, degeneracy, and cybernetic enhancements/genetic modifications.
>>
>>1758058
The advent degeneracy involved dogs.
>>
>>1757520
>>1758050
What would even be the point? There's already sisters of battle.
>>
>>1758058
I honestly thought making women custodes was a smart choice. They are all gene tailored individually. So you could just make a big muscle gorilla woman if you wanted. Whereas Space Marines are built off a template basically. I remember thinking to myself what a good way of getting around no female marines, but then they handled the PR of it horribly like usual.
>>
>>1758169
>hello I'm the exact retard that GW is trying to cater to
Thanks for contributing to ruining yet another franchise asshole
>>
>>1758188
Why is having female custodes bad when they are all custom made? I understand why it's bad from a lore point since there's prior lore stating that they are all men. So I get that argument, but if they were going to introduce big muscle women, it at least made sense in the custodes whereas it wouldn't make sense in space marines. I would still prefer they just support sisters of battle as the female faction though or add more sisters of silence stuff to the custodes.
>>
File: 15335352135.jpg (420 KB, 1754x1189)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>1757520
Thanks fag, you turned this thread into a warhammer 40k general.
Since we are on the topic. I'm fucking glad I stopped caring about it a decade ago. It was 2016, and when I saw that /pol/ and the rest of the internet was comparing Trump to the god emperor, I saw the writing on the wall. I knew it was going to grab the attention of fiction and imagination killers: political activists.
I'd still replay Dawn of War though, at least it was made at a time when political consultants barely had influence in the game industry and everyone had fun.
>>
>>1758195
It's bad because they are contradicting prior lore to appease the woke crowd. That's literally it. No argument in favour of it can get over that fact and that fact is what makes it objectively bad.
>>
>>1758206
See now I take a different stance. You can't keep them out. The company needs to grow, that's just how capitalism works. So distracting and redirecting them is always a better option. I hate the custodes and I don't think many people play them. So pushing women over there is a great idea to me. It pleases them because now they have something "better" than space marines.

I think your strategy only ever ends up making it worse. The stronger the wall you put up, the more they want to get in and they push harder. Rather than saying "no women allowed" you say "sure we love women, here we even have a spot for you to sit over here in this corner". I would just prefer if they weren't retarded about it and didn't say "there were always female custodes". That shit is just creepy gaslighting. Just be honest and say "we wanted to add women in, so we did, this is an evolving franchise".
>>
File: 13535.jpg (1.04 MB, 2848x1817)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>1758211
Oh shit, I see your point. Maybe we should also make the emperor a tranny since he literally has no balls.
>>
>>1758216
I'm not all the way through the horus heresy yet, but he's presented as basically light that shifts to form whatever the fuck you want to see. So not hard. And in 40k he's just a skeleton so, who would know.
>>
File: 1651038421790.png (833 KB, 832x683)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>1758205
>Since we are on the topic. I'm fucking glad I stopped caring about it a decade ago. It was 2016, and when I saw that /pol/ and the rest of the internet was comparing Trump to the god emperor, I saw the writing on the wall. I knew it was going to grab the attention of fiction and imagination killers: political activists.
You obviously care about it a great deal.
>>
>>1758230
Watching people like you die on the ground would be more interesting to me than 40k at the moment.
>>
>>1758233
You're not helping his schizo claims.
>>
>>1758236
I don't care. Watching someone like him die would be so fun to watch.
>>
>>1758238
All this is telling me is that you're not old enough to be here.
>>
>>1758211
Please see>>1758188
>>
>>1758244
Please see >>1745200
>>
>>1758241
woah, you think Im a child, don't get too excited.
>>
What could have been....
https://www.moddb.com/mods/40-000-sins

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.