[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0_pjimage-7.jpg (92 KB, 810x539)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Would this annoy the shit out of you or would you not care? I know that there are some games where they make it a pain in the ass to delete buildings, so maybe that would also be an option. But throughout history, they were more likely to let old buildings rot than to tear them down.
>>
>>1745527
Or maybe some option to repurpose an old building that has become obsolete. That could also work.
>>
If we wanna go historical you will also not be allowed to place any building outside of public administration, that is, we go the CS route without the bulldozer
>>
>>1745562
Ehh, I think a player would still want to place houses and churches, which wouldn't normally be under the purview of government. That's where some liberties have to be made, otherwise there won't be a game. I also had an idea where the computer will turn standing buildings into whorehouses and the player can't bulldoze, but they can crack down on it, or they can choose to ignore (as the British government did during the time)
>>
>>1745562
>>1745570
isn't how simcity\city skylines works, you don't build private building, you just assign the lots
>>
>>1745527
As long as it let me purchase properties that mysteriously spontaneously combusted.
>>
>>1745527
If you could blend them together or renovate or got some kind of bonus for them, okay sure. Spaghetti can be charming sometimes.
>>
>>1745637
Yeah like the computer would repurpose the buildings or the player would repurpose the buildings and that would either lead to bonus or extra crime.
>>
>>1745627
If a building burned to the ground then I guess you would be able to rebuild.
>>
>>1745527
Why would you need any other historical city builder when you have MANOR LORDS??
>>
>>1745527
>What if generic game, but bad for the sake of ill-conceived autism?
>>
>>1745527
Sounds stupid and unrealistic. People destroyed unused buildings all the time, usually because they were a good and cheap source of building materials.
>>
>>1745527
What movie?
>>
>>1748809
A TV series. One that should have ended 5 seasons ago

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.