[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 51Wg3efx8IL.jpg (57 KB, 353x500)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Never played 7.62, should I play vanilla, hard life or bue sun?

Is the previous game worth playing first?
>>
Do the original and then hard life imo. Only issue is that the AI is simpler in Hard Life.
>>
Don't play Brigade E5. 7.62 is the mother of jank already, now imagine that with a bunch of QoL features removed.

Play with BSM I would say. Cringey as hell writing, but not like vanilla is any better. At least this way you have a few more quests. Vanilla is a bit barren.
>>
>>1746367
Just play which ever looks cool. 7.62 Hard Life has the most mod support, yet it lacks a mod that allows the player to toggle the scaling. The other ones have mods for that which are a must when learning to play the game.
>>
>>1746367
Be ready for anything.
Save often
The safest option is to run win7 on 4:3 resolution. I had a 15 year old rig and it provided me by far the most stable gameplay ever. On modern systems, save every half n hour due to memory leaks with model buffer. (That's why it takes so long to load up a shopping screen, and that's why if you click or mouse over every gun a shopkeeper has you can crash your game). Hard life and BSM may say they fixed all the glaring issues and bugs but
>its not true
>its even worse than in vanilla
>it can corrupt entire save files
If you have any of the following, be ready to roll back to your latest save file:
>global map is black, white, grey
>shopping screen is white
>you can't leave the area after combat
>insane loading times for a character voice line to come through
>merchants disappear and/or can't be interacted with
Since every action that follows after this is 100% crashing your game. For example.
You see your map turned pitch black for some reason, you press the "Map" key again - game crashes instantly.
E5 is a great franchise, rivals any classic R6 or SWAT, but it was way ahead of its time, hence lack of sales, recognition, and any semblance of support
>>
It's jank central, but the amount of options and tactical planning you can get out of it are pretty nuts when compared to jagged alliance, also it has an unfathomable amount of gun autism.
Be prepared for an insane amount of jank, do not shy away from guides as the game is not very clear with it's objectives, controls, quests, and overall functionality. One of the roughest gems I've ever played.
>>
>you go into a bar
>sit down, think nothing of it
>have a beer, suddenly feel a pinch in your ass
>look down and see this motherfucker has been quick turning back and forth this whole time and Aims-At-Point right at your sphincter
What do you do?
>>
>>1746367
I think I tried getting in to it about 5 times and every time the bugs fucked me over.
>>
>>1753582
(sip some brink)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.