[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (228 KB, 273x365)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Will this be good.
>>
>>1749246
Same answer as the last time you made this thread.

No.
>>
Good/fun but with some big fucking issues, like all of Blackbirds games.
>>
>>1749246
yes. got a problem?
>>
>>1749248
I didnt make this thread before any time before 1 hour ago. I just am curious i didn't play the beta and wanted to know if it's gonna be good.
>>
>>1749246
>wasted resources on '''roguelike mode```
>denuvo
>brought to you by the team that ruined shipbreaker by shoving communist manifestos in your face with every update
no, it's not even doa, it's an abortion
>>
>>1749536
>ruined shipbreaker by shoving communist manifestos in your face with every update
Nurse! He's skipping his meds!
>>
>>1749536
>workers rights bad
you are retarded
>>
>>1749246
I wanted it to be, but probably not.
>>
>>1749608
bad when it’s coming from a lesbian shenigger
>>
But Deserts of Kharak was okay. BBi made a good little RTS, last time.
>>
>>1749536
This isn't a bad thing. Not because le epic roguelike, but because it's a replayable coop mode and coop modes for strategy games are something we need more of. It's hard to get friends into RTS when they have to play head to head and they'll just get crushed with any real skill gap. Having the ability to play a mode like this is the perfect introduction, and if they aren't retarded it should be better than just running a normal compstomp lobby.
>>1749608
It was bad because they took a game with very little content and only ever focused on fleshing out the story. That game, which is about systemic ship destruction, only has FOUR ship hulls to take apart to this day.
This probably bodes badly for Homeworld 3 but to be fair the Homeworld games always got a lot out of relatively little objective content.
>>
Not a fan of Denuvo or the moba/apm tax gameplay additions.
>>
>>1749536
I dont understand this - everyone is constantly bitching that RTS is ruined bc of gookclick APM demons and a dev finally introduces a mode that's not ultra competitive head to head and everyone is mad about it? Isn't this good for the genre? Don't most people end up playing vs AI in rts games anyway?
>>
>>1750813
what don't you understand? you saw some people complaining about gookclick and now you're seeing people complaining about another thing
>>
>>1749608
If your job involves sitting at a keyboard I don't want to hear your opinion of the struggles of steel foundry floor workers or coal miners. Stay in your lane.
>>
>>1750817
good point anon - I appreciate the refreshing perspective and the laugh your post gave me.
>>
File: 256899899552.jpg (163 KB, 1279x667)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>1749685
>he said the truth but they refused his message
>>
If they incorporate the beast or at least acknowledge Cataclysm in the story then it would be at least worth playing.
>>
>>1751612
Well they re-cannoned it with the mobile-slop so there's a chance.

Given how the beast originates from hyperspace and how HW3 is based around Karen opening the hyperspace gate network it's wouldn't be unusual for the Beast to make an appearance. If they really wanted to make a kicker of the plot, we know Karan has disappeared and "The Anomaly" has started to wipe out the galaxy. If "The Anomaly" turns out to be the the Beast and it has subverted Karan we'd have a nice bookend where you have to defeat her in combat in the form of your old mothership.

But in true mary-sue fashion they'd probably pull some bullshit where Karan willingly sacrificed herself to the Beast so she could subvert it from within and allow your forces to take it out.
>>
File: shitbox.png (3 KB, 235x215)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>Will this be good.
Pic related is the only answer you need to know
>>
>>1751658
so yes
>>
>>1749246
why is the mothership banana flying sideway?
>>
i am looking forward to it, as long as it *feels* like homeworld i'll be happy

>>1751612
you can put a beastslayer version of the kiith somtaaw emblem on your ships
>>
File: 1714952134810786.png (182 KB, 365x273)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>1751677
It's okay.
>>
the demo crashed whenever I tried to start a game so my expectations are low lmao
>>
>>1749271
it was pretty bad yo
>>
>>1749246
will find out in a minute, downloading now
>>
>skybox with a galaxy in the background
oh for fucks sake
>>
damn this shit is good. a proper rts, loving it so far.
>>
>>1751677
I think you can flip it, no? Im fairly sure I saw somewhere
>>
You know it's a gearbox published game when you have to buy the ultra deluxe suck my dick edition to be able to change the colour of your fucking engine trails
>>
>>1751677
Are you people just blind, deaf and retarded? They have stated since its very first showcasing that you can rotate it - and guess what, you can!
>>
>>1752572
thats worse.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>
>>1752688
HW2 and its consequences have been a disaster for the homeworld series
>>
>>1749246
I highly doubt
>>
S A N D S A N D S I N N E R S
A
N
D
S

A
N
D

S
I
N
N
E
R
S
>>
>>1749246
>play Homeworld remastered
>have to excruciatingly test 21 combinations of formations and stances with all fighter options because the game refuses to let me know exactly how ship stats change
Well, at least now I know that interceptors aren't worth it compared to scouts and what are the best combinations for different situations.
>>
it wasn't worth the 21 year wait
>>
File: Police_Justice_3.jpg (148 KB, 1280x1080)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
"What would Karen S'jet be if Kharak didn't burn" shut the fuck up. The great threat is that a fleet commander got mad and found some progenitor tech?

>>1751644
Not the beast, but still technically correct
>>
File: When no siege cannon.jpg (55 KB, 518x320)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>1752750
>What would Karen S'jet be if Kharak didn't burn
Is this bitch for real?
>>
>>1749246
It won't be able to recreate the Garden of Kadesh moment
>>
>"I'm the will of the universe incarnate!"
>Imogen hits her with a rly nigga stare
The incarnate queen is so pathetic holy crap why did they fuck up so bad.
>>
Watching some of the early-access footage, I'm really not a fan of the story so far. Unnecessary focus on individual characters, diversity checklist characters everywhere because fuck you, and of course the whole retcon bullshit.
>>
>>1752779
>why did they fuck up so bad.
New writers.
That's all really.
>>
Shit writing aside, how's the gameplay?
>>
>>1752785
Looks like it might be better the demo from the footage I have seen.
>>
>>1752571
dont be a nigger do it yourself
>>
>>1752690
2 was fine. If anything the story for 3 shows there was a perfectly viable off ramp to the s'jet prophecy shit of 2 and the incarnate could have been spun as some theocratic hyperspace dwellers bent on bringing it back after karan nopes out of it post makaan. Instead we get some random queen who had a melty her people didn't treat her as a chosen one.
>>
Why is the game so blurry bros
>>
Welp, they shoved it full of niggers and women.
>>
>>1752825
unreal engine and TAA
>>
>>1752863
Turning off TAA doesn't fix it. Is it really using Unreal Engine and not the homeworld engine?
>>
>>1752866
anon, the homeworld engine died with cataclysm 24 years ago, it was too advanced for modern zoomer devs
>>
As someone who played the demo extensively I will say the controls + general gameplay is much better from then so props to BBI for listening to the feedback.

The game however? I like it a lot, but it has some serious flaws too - primarily when it comes to the story and also the absolutely pathetic lack of 'variety' in enemy looks, voices etc.
>>
>Buried ships discovered on Kharak that carved out rectangular cavities when they hyperspaced under the surface
>Centuries later, pirate carrier hyperspaces into asteroid and carves a rectangular cavity
Imogen: "DATS IMBOSSIBULZ!!!!11"
>>
File: h3 case.png (2.09 MB, 1620x1088)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>1752419
Rotating the image unironically makes for better box art:
>>
>>1753001
Vertical carrier will always be the best
>>
>>1751644
>But in true mary-sue fashion they'd probably pull some bullshit where Karan willingly sacrificed herself to the Beast so she could subvert it from within and allow your forces to take it out.
Wasn't it already leaked that Karen comes back to save the day at the end of the game and all you do is support her and follow her orders while she does all the fun stuff.
>Gather those resources for me
>Take out those scouts for me
>Protect me from that fleet
>Now watch me use my mary-sue-canoon on supa-sajewk to destroy the anemone once and for all
>No you can't have this ship, not even for the final mission because you're not woke enough, and if you were woke enough you wouldn't want it because 'female empowerment'
>>
>>1752877
It's crazy how basic the unit designs look, they look like a bunch of polytopes. Even the first game wasn't this blocky looking and back then the artists had hundreds of polygons to work with. And if the demo's anything to go by the performance is going to be atrocious - the game does look pretty but the graphics look like the game came out 3-4 years after HW2 not 20 fucking years later.
>>
>>1749246
Wtf the reviews say there's no subsystems?
>>
Came into this thread just now because fleet command gave early access.
So from what I'm getting so far is this a repeat of 2? Ok gameplay mixed with a less then subpar story?
Do I buy right now or wait a year for it to go on sale?
>>
>>1753072
yeah, good gameplay w/ a subpar story is about right. I'd add that the graphics are pretty good and the terrain adds alot to the game IMO, but I'd hold off on buying it if you're interested in multiplayer skirmish or super invested in the story
>>
File: 1715431955075676m.jpg (36 KB, 1024x667)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Lol
>>
>>1750862
>solidarity bad
No wonder union membership rates are going down the drain.
>>
>>1753072
I'd say 2's story was far better. Despite the retconning I cared about the story and enjoyed the cool beats it provided. I just don't care about 3 because the coolest thing that happens is right at the start. Everything just feels like a letdown after. 2 at least started low and ramped up all the way to bring sajuuk to bear.
>>
>>1752986
You can see this in real life. Something that happened long ago gets forgotten for the orthodoxy of the modern then everyone is surprised when someone successfully duplicates it.
If I had more faith in blackbird's writers I'd even say it was a jab at how the cult of s'jet took over and everyone forgot history pre hiigara.
>>
>>1753051
Only in the campaign, which are progressively unlocked.
>>
>>1749246
finally the end of gookclicking
>>
>>1750862
bluecollar people are scumbags, no one wants to hear your dishonest praise of wagie slave labour lying leftist.
>>
>>1749246
>Will this be good.
I doubt it, BBI have publicly complained about the lack of pre-orders following the release of the demo on multiple occasions.

They've laid off half their development team and they're begging people to buy the game based upon a promise of fixing it after release. That's a grim sign.
>>
>>1752869
>The souce code has been lost...
Honestly it's kinda disheartening on how the game industry are so lax in backing up and logging shit that losing critical data are a common practice. This is how we lose progenitor tech.
>>
File: wept.jpg (39 KB, 567x432)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1753264
>>
>>1753411
I don't know it looks like mass effect shit.
>>
>>1753072
The story is far, far worse than 2.
>>
>>1753421
The crazy part about the story is it starts telegraphing one cliched direction then somehow makes that direction more interesting than what they actually did.
>karen is missing
>nameless hyperspace antagonists appear following some queen
Gee I wonder who this queen is.
>it's actually just some rando from some other civilization
>realize when you find karen's mothership this game is literally just deserts of kharak in space but lacking any interesting antagonists.
>>
>>1753424
>telegraphing one cliched direction then somehow makes that direction more interesting than what they actually did
It's either unintelligent writers who thought they would be breaking from the mold by doing a red-herring, and/or the game switched direction suddenly in development. I'm leaning on the latter than the former (i.e. afraid that it would upset fans, they wanted a room for a potential sequel/dlc, etc.), but I can see both happening simultaneously in the present state of media.
>>
>>1753451
It's a shame because painting karen as the bad guy in 3 would provide a foundation to break the game out of the s'jet wank.
>>
>>1753051
>>1753337
wait, i also saw a review saying that there's no subsystem targeting. is this for real? basically means no expanse mod where you can use your rail gun to snipe enemy reactor and board with marines
>>
>>1753355
It's actually Homeworld: The Gookclickening, they added short cooldown abilities to ships so now you have to micromanage them
>>
>>1753520
>It's actually Homeworld: The Gookclickening, they added short cooldown abilities to ships so now you have to micromanage them
What's worse is they're not even interesting abilities, it's banal shit like "+10% damage for 5 seconds".

Where's my ability to fire an EMP pulse, Launch a Missile, Combine in to a larger vessel, etc.
>>
File: Aqua KMS.jpg (376 KB, 1663x1920)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
Tactical and Mothership have the worst fucking voices in 3.
>>
File: 1715508685013267.webm (204 KB, 854x480)
204 KB
204 KB WEBM
This is me cancelling the transaction.
>>
>>1753626
I don't blame you. The game looks like it has grease smeared across the screen no matter what settings you use and change. The acting is terrible, the voice actors chosen lack gravitas, the cutscenes are mediocre, the mothership is horizontal, the graphics look worse than the original game and remaster, etc. I'm finding it hard to even finish the campaign because I just don't care anymore.
>>
Is there multiplayer?
>>
>>1753650
Yes. There's also some war games mode that I think is also multiplayer but I haven't tried either of them. I did see some regular skirmish mode though.
>>
>>1752572
>are you people retarded? how have you failed to consoom as much marketing material as me???
well gee i'm sorry anon but i don't think there's any need to be rude
>>
>>1752572
I'm going to try this now and if it isn't possible I'm going to scream.
>>
>>1749246
>>1749246
>>1751677
Flipping the Mothership is possible! This button doesn't exist in the first several campaign missions which is probably going to cause screaming. I went into a skirmish vs AI to screenshot it.
>>
>>1753684
>This button doesn't exist in the first several campaign missions
as part of the story? do they need to journey beyond the vlaykr frontier into the graveyard of khar groba and get the mothership rotation module from the wreck of the great perturbator?
>>
>>1753626
Fucking hell. This is awful.
>>
>>1753692
Yeah, I meant in the campaign. Considering there's giant asteroids and floating debris etc, maybe there's a reason you have to rotate it for a certain mission. In the tutorial you send strikecraft through an asteroids that has a slotted tunnel. Actually, that same asteroid or similar one is behind the mothership in >>1753684
Have another stepmothership
>>1753626
Okay, I haven't gotten to that part in the story yet but the art style of the character, background, subtitles, and everything else look right. Fuck.
>>
>>1753545
>What's worse is they're not even interesting abilities, it's banal shit like "+10% damage for 5 seconds".
I'm considering skipping this just because of this point only.
>>
>>1753704
It's insignificant in single player. But you know multiplayer is going to be sweaty as fuck because of this.
>>
no
>>
>>1753697
>Mothership:Sleepy
>>
>muh gooclick
Shitters are fucking insufferable.
>>
>>1753724
It's the player's name.
>>
File: 1715516602209832.webm (194 KB, 1920x1080)
194 KB
194 KB WEBM
>>1753626
>>
>third or 4th cutscene
Someone on their team played too much destiny 2 get these teleporting black pyramids out of here
>>
>>1749246
denuvo

even if it's good, I'm not buying it
>>
>>1753049
They lost me with humongous backgrounds. It ruins all scale for me.
>>
>>1753626
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DoykaxUYw
>>
>>1753626
I'm still laughing at this
>>
>>1753626
What did they mean with this?
>>
>>1753814
That was actually one of the main selling points since the whole fandom was wanking to the unrealized dust wars concept with megaliths and shit.
>>
Having played and completed the campaign. It's alright, a little too short.
The story is average, I miss the painted cutscenes and don't like how this is about individuals rather than the fleet. The megastructures in every mission look stupid make your fleet feel small and pathetic.
The closed in maps and distances make it more frantic and fast. The micro can quickly end up intense but for most encounters you can select all mil units, attack order all enemies and just win.
I hate how they keep taking away your control to show a cutscene mid-mission.

There's a lot to complain about and it doesn't have the homeworld feel for me but I can't deny that I enjoyed playing through it and even enjoyed the wargames multiplayer mode. Not worth full price.
>>
>>1754285
I would argue the fleet was always intended to feel small and pathetic. Megastructures up front just don't give the same feeling of insignificance as huge hulking masses in the distance because any megastructure will itself feel small and insignificant compared to the backdrops of the other games.
>>
What's with all the HW3 posting all of a sudden?
Did it drop? You bought?
>>
>>1754380
Early access for the ones who preordered.
Lets say there is going to be a lot of refunds.
>>
>>1753626
ayo gibs me dat core and you be my bottom bitch
>>
>>1754285
>In mission cutscenes in an RTS
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>1754285
pretty good summary although personally I like the megastructures but i wish there was one or two open maps.
>>
>>1754380
The game came out several days ago for fig backers or people that paid for the big pack on Steam. I think the fig price was the normal game price but paid years ago.
>>
>>1752700
Yep I was right its terrible
>>
>>1753858
Kek
>>
>>1754368
>Muh karos graveyard
>>
>>1753858
lmao
>>
File: 1196843703659.jpg (278 KB, 700x470)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>played the firsst homeworld when it came out
>one of my top games ever, easily in top 5
>even now replay one of the games in the series every now and again
>they still have this amazing spark
>see this thread
i'm afraid to play this game. i don't want to ruin homeworld for myself
>>
>>1754562
That's what happened to me.
>>
>>1753692
>do they need to journey beyond the vlaykr frontier into the graveyard of khar groba and get the mothership rotation module from the wreck of the great perturbator?
i exhaled more vigorously, thanks
>>
>>1754562
Honestly the game doesn't feel like homeworld. Yes the names are there and the music is there but all the themes aren't and it feels like destiny or some shit rather than some mystic space bedouin quest.
>>
>>1754815
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think it felt like Destiny. Especially the weird cutscenes.
>>
File: Homeworld_3 1715604184.png (1.48 MB, 1522x1166)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
>>
>>1754815
>rather than some mystic space bedouin quest.
But that's where it all went wrong, HW2 started hamfisting excessive mystic themes with muh prophecy, muh end times, muh sajuuk bullshit. Before that it was a story of desperate exiles and mysticism came from history being so ancient that it became a mystery. Cata took an even more grounded approach with thrifty space miners and then HW2 barges in and you have
>OOOH MANAMANANA EEEEEHH MANANANA
chanting in background while Karan talks like she's doped up on sheesha.
Space witches is just a natural consequence of this direction.
>>
>>1754827
>New factions as paid DLV
Oh boy
>>
>>1754827
I hate it when corpos get their hands on small franchises
>>
Someone actually thought xel'naga kerrigan was a good story worth emulating
>>
>>1754853
>>1754855
Didn't they do this with Deserts of Kharak too?
>>
>>1754840
>>OOOH MANAMANANA EEEEEHH MANANANA
hw2 did some things wrong, but don't you fucking dare disrespect space bedouin chanting, that shit was kino
>>
>>1754892
No, Kharak was solid
>>
>>1754965
I thought 'meh' to the remasters and DoK, and loved Shipbreaker when it was in alpha. Amazing how so many franchises and companies can go to shit in such a short space of time, but even more amazing is that it can be seemingly any of them, at any time, for no reason.
>pls /pol/ no 'jews', 'blackrock' or 'dei'
>>
>>1755025
The publishers will still blame the coof. Anything but the publishers themselves.
>>
>>1754856
The S'jets being space Moses was a thing since HW1 though
>>
>>1754892
>>1754965
They did, the Soban and Khaaneph fleet packs were added after launch as multiplayer/skirmish DLC.
>>
File: gigakek.gif (583 KB, 220x220)
583 KB
583 KB GIF
>>1751660
>so yes
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
What say you now anon? are you enjoying your slop, is imogen hapsburg bogdanoff S'jet and fleet blobbing your idea of a good game?
>he trusted the shitbox merchants and believed in their devhell disasterpiece
>>
>>1754827
A finished game would have been a better idea
>>
File: 1713384227357554.jpg (94 KB, 700x467)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>1753858
dead
>>
>>1755271
It's kind of why 3 is such a letdown
In 1 you had karen leading what was left of the kushan people through the wilderness to their new home.
In 2 this event was being mythologized complete with makaan and the bentusi pushing the s'jet into a godly messiah role. 3 should have been about the aftermath of Karen trying to reconcile the real events with an unwanted mythos that almost led to the destruction of her people after the taiidan nearly snuffed them out originally. It very well could have gone that way with her being missing at the start.
>>
File: painterlycinematics.png (467 KB, 771x472)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
Where the fuck are the painterly cinematics? What the fuck are these cutscenes?
They clearly have painterly cutscenes in the early trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pacXW5eZb9w
>>
>>1755527
Most likely result of focus groups being confused by 2D "archaic" cinematics and asking them to be made more like modern marvel movies
>>
File: hw3.webm (3.87 MB, 1918x946)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
just saw this clip on /v/, is this actually in game lmao?
>>
>>1755528
Nah.
It's 100% a shift in management around the same time shipbreakers went to shit.
>>
>>1755549
Every time I see this clip, I just laugh. The weird close-ups and giantesses that grow from their normal form. I'm not even mad.
>>
>>1755549
Yes
>>
>>1755527
she look cute here
>>
why is the bad guy a giant DEI bitch
>>
I don't want to keep thinking about Destiny when I look at these but I can't stop. Everything about the choices made in HW3 is confusing. The last game that hit like this was ME3, and that game was 90% fine, 9% bad, and 1% a black hole of shit.
>>
If you think ME3 was fine then you deserve games like Homeworld 3.
>>
>>1755578
This except he doesn't deserve it because it means everyone else is inflicted with it.
>>
>>1755578
Yes, outside of kai lame, day 1 dlc, and the ending it was fine. Not good, just fine.
>>
File: spaceships.jpg (304 KB, 2125x1087)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
spaceships?
>>
>>1755566
>90% fine, 9% bad, and 1% a black hole of shit.
yeah, this is exactly how i feel about hw3. idk what they were thinking, they've missed an open goal
>>
File: Rita_Repulsa_MMPR_2.png (998 KB, 999x750)
998 KB
998 KB PNG
>>1755549
MAGIC WAND, MAKE MY MONSTER GROOOOWWW!
>>
>>1755598
LOL
>>
>>1755597
Much like the fight in ME3 between the writer that loved kai lame and the one that hated him, HW3 feels like a game made by three different teams, one of which was let go after the trailer dropped and the other two which were at each others throats.
>>
>>1755563
>>1755590
For a woke DEI game, there's a surprising amount of booba on display. Which is fine by itself, but not a good stylistic choice for Homeworld.
>>
I want to play Homeworld Remastered for the first time.
Should I use the Players Patch for it?
>>
>>1755528
dude she’s like snoke in the force awakens!
>>
>>1754827
So if you care about campaign only and don't want stupid challenges or MP, you don't need the DLCs, correct?
>>
File: 244160_20181115220526_1.jpg (152 KB, 1269x669)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>1754827
>Faction Emblem
But why? What is to stop someone from just making their own .tga file with same image?
You can still make custom emblems right.... right?
>>
>>1755590
the symbolism of mothership/mothers is obvious but they let the feminin get out of control and now it’s an interracial lesbian love story, same kinda thing happened to cortana in halo and borg in star trek, starcraft terran has a similar female coded AI narrator but it didn’t get this bad, feminists can’t help themselves with characters like this

so you go from a hiigaran scientist that merged with a ship computer to accelerate the construction, to now all motherships have a queen inside that get magic powers and immortality when they collect enough infinity cores, it’s bad fanfiction
>>
>>1755749
>belkan witchcraft
>>
File: lego girls.jpg (212 KB, 1080x1051)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>1755761
She self inserted
>>
File: 1715504587882.png (969 KB, 1421x931)
969 KB
969 KB PNG
>>1755761
>>1755806
>>
>>1755550
thank GOD I'm not the only one that noticed this
I've had multiple people tell me that shipbreakers didn't change much from EA to 1.0 but I feel like you have to actually blind not to have noticed
>>
I can't say I was expecting much, and yet this thing somehow manages to be disappointing anyway. It's genuinely disheartening.
>>
>>1755549
>the writer's barely-disguised fetish
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1755549
Holy fucking shit. I assumed this was some lousy Netflix cartoon. How can you miss the mark this badly?
>>
>>1755637
Absolutely, it fixes most of the problems with the remaster. The game is not unplayable without it, but the patch makes it way better.
>>
>>1755951
Thanks, installing now.
>>
>>1749246
Is it just me, or is every Hiigaran unit hilariously weak? I just watched a Battlecruiser duke it out with an enemy assault frigate and the BC barely had an advantage. In HW2, BCs would melt anything.
>>
>>1755549
This is what women think being "powerful" means. Not actually doing something, but if you imagine yourself ten feet tall then you win.
>>
post fucking screenshots cunts. and tell me about the soundtrack
>>
I find it interesting that a lot of gameplay videos currently out seem to have been financed by gearbox. It's either just the ad hashtag in the title, or they outright mention the video being sponsored in the comments or in the description. It almost looks like a preemptive form of damage control.
>>
>>1755975
Why do you have trouble with symbolism? Imogen is new and inexperienced, the queen believes she is powerful, and then imogen levels the playing field in the queen's house. It's bad purely because of how basic and amateurish it is, there's no need to attach extra incel baggage to it.
>>
>>1756062
Okay tranny, no matter how much you cope here the danger hair won't lick your axe wound.
>>
>>1756062
>incel baggage
No, it's the primary difference between men and women. Women value social capital, so if they intimidate someone in an interaction that means they win. The problem is this doesn't translate well in a game about spaceships.
>>
>>1756063
Projection isn't a good look
>>
>>1756067
Everyone values social capital. It's incel baggage because you're pretending like it's some unique thing to women, also like the cutscenes are something more than incredibly sloppy symbolism.
>>
>>1756079
No, men value action and will have retarded scenes in different context.
>men
>snaps his fingers and a thousand ships explode, thus resolving the conflict
>women
>leans forward and frowns heavily, making the other person back down, thus resolving the conflict
It's the same bad writing, the genders have different preferences.
>>
>>1756081
>snaps his fingers and a thousand ships explode, thus resolving the conflict
So you're revealing that your understanding of this is marvel capeshit level.
>>
File: Homeworld 3 v Starfield.jpg (342 KB, 1902x973)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>1749246
>Game is already performing worse than Starfield
It's Joever. Hopefully Sins of a Solar Empire 2 does better.
>>
File: 1708714327080595.webm (411 KB, 854x480)
411 KB
411 KB WEBM
>>1755807
>>
>>1756136
I mean even if it was as good as 1/Cata it probably wouldn't have a peak player count as high as any new Bethesda release flop or not let alone most AAA ARPGs since RTS games as a genre are just that much less popular and space RTS games are niche within a niche.
>>
>>1755590
>how will this sell spaceships?
>>
File: 0.jpg (135 KB, 512x512)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>1756099
>he ACTUALLY thinks the *finger snaps - thing explodes/happens* trope originated from thanos snapping his fingers
OH MY GOD i haven't laughed at 4chin this hard in weeks. thanks anon
>>
>>1756271
No, but I wouldn't use an example that presently exists in pop culture as a specific thing if my intent is not to draw an allusion to it because it leaves you open to easy attacks like this.
It's ok though, you realize you got shown up and are coping, I understand.
>>
>>1756274
i'm not him and i think you're the one coping
what is this sentence if not PURE cope
> I wouldn't use an example that presently exists in pop culture as a specific thing if my intent is not to draw an allusion to it because it leaves you open to easy attacks like this
>>
>>1756275
You're doing a great job proving that men don't care about social capital by the way.
>>
>>1756278
and you're NOT doing a great job at coping, thanos nigga
cya fag
>>
>>1756280
>Realizes he got trapped
>Pussed out like a bitch
byyyyyyeeeeee
>>
Okay so the question is, can the game be fixed?

Some things are going to be harder than others.
-pirate the game: that would get rid of both the EULA and the Denuvo issues
-mod out all the cutscenes that has a person in them: would fix most of the story. also
-mod out the mothership lines, possibly replace them OG mothership lines.
-mod in hotkeys, attack move, etc: I'm not a modder, I don't know how difficult this would be. I assume that putting in ballistics is actually impossible.
-map makers fixing them maps by making them larger, more vertical, spreading the objects further apart
-rebalancing the ships, changing armour and damage values to change the pace of play
-physically rescaling ships to make the small ships smaller and the large ships larger

What else needs to be added to this list?
What could we potentially see modded in in a few weeks, and what are we likely never to see fixed?
>>
File: 1686252562342382.gif (2.72 MB, 230x173)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB GIF
>>1757021
Two rounds of layoffs and 3 DLC's year one to add what should have been in the title to begin with.

It's dead Jim.
>>
>>1757021
new culture war just dropped, time to memoryhole this game's existence
>>
>>1757021
The hardest ones would probably be mechanical stuff like ballistics, attack move, unfucking fighters etc.
Easiest would be stuff like scale and speeds since its just number tweaking, might even be able to do it in CE.
>>
>sample on youtube gamwplay vids
>majority of the players never use Sensors Manager nor the Follow Camera Mode, and keeps NLIPS on
holy normies
>>
>>1757211
To be fair, you don't even have to use the sensors manager in HW3 because of how easy the game is.
>>
>>1757021
Wait, are you telling me this rts doesn't have hotkeys and attack move? What the hell.
>>
>>1757438
There's hotkeys.
>>
>>1757021
>-physically rescaling ships to make the small ships smaller and the large ships larger
Or set NLIPS off by default.
>>
If they wanted to do a story with actual character and personal drama why didn't they just make Deserts 2?
Why homeworld 3? Where even Cataclysm, the most "personal" game, still didn't give anybody a face, it was just impassioned voices in the void.
Just baffles me man.
>>
>>1757483
>If they wanted to do a story with actual character and personal drama why didn't they just make Deserts 2?
Actual character and personal drama might take of better if they did a prequel instead, particularly the time before they got exiled into the desert planet.
>>
>Make a setting with multiple clans and space empires
>Literally the only game that doesn't revolve around S'jet vagina is Cataclysm
Fucking hell
>>
File: bear.png (253 KB, 1000x317)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
Also what happened to this ship? Did they finally brought it to Bear?
>>
Why do people not like this game?
>>
>>1757617
It's bad. Read this thread or >>>/v/676322760 or >>1753498
>>
>>1757632
>linking to fucking /v/
Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>1757649
That thread is fine you drooling retard
>>
>>1757655
>thread bitches about WOMEN and BROWN PEOPLE more than anything
>Its totally cool, bro!
>>
>>1757659
The other /vst/ thread does the same thing.
>>
>>1757688
Doesnt mean its acceptable.
>>
>>1757438
>hotkeys
There's hotkeys, they're just not rebindable. Sucks if you don't use a qwerty keyboard.
>attack move
There's move-and-attack orders, but no combat maneuvers.
So for example if you tell an ion frigate to attackmove it'll stop shooting, turn, move to its destination, turn back to the target and resume shooting.
In every other HW game, that ion frigate would have moved there while also continuously keeping its direction towards its target and kept firing the entire time.
>>
>>1757869
unless I am mistaken I swear i got an ion frigate to have the behavior you just mentioned, moving while attacking and keeping its direction towards a target
>>
So the enemy is just a discount beast without the body horror and with bad human CGI face?
>>
>>1757878
>without the body horror
>>
File: shipbreakers.jpg (709 KB, 1844x901)
709 KB
709 KB JPG
>>1755817
>>1755550
>>1755528
>>1755817
>shipbreakers
>>
>>1757878
It's not even that, it's Discount Makaan with his prophecy brainrot replaced with bargain bin narcissism.
>>
>>1749248
Fpbp
>>1749536
All true
>>
>>1749685
Last time was crossfire legion, lest you forget.
>>
>>1754380
>He bought?
>>
File: hwl.jpg (997 KB, 1000x1000)
997 KB
997 KB JPG
>>1752572
>>1753684
>>1753692
i see
>>
>>1753520
The interceptor one and bomber cloak are unforgivable.
>>
>>1754285
>The story is average
What is your average? This shit is extremely below """average""" . It's even worse than grey goo which was magnitudes worse than any real RTS (C&C, SC, DoW, whatever), by far the worst homeworld story and I'm one of those people who thought 2 had a muchbworse story than 1
>>
>>1754827
I bet they won't get past July.
>>
>>1758101
But.... The.... The.... giantesses
>>
>>1758101
>sc
>real rts
lmao
>>
>>1758101
it just seems like a slightly worse DoK which was about Grey Goo tier
>>
>>1758118
It wasn't even real giantess, just hyperspace paranoia
Actually, why is even the reason they can talk in dreams anyway? The Taiidan Emperor did it in 1 once iirc
>>
>>1758101
I haven't heard anyone mention Grey Goo in years. Why did you make that specific example?
>>
>>1757483
Whatever consulting group they hired said that they needed real faces so people could "connect" with the characters or some horseshit. The people making these decisions sure as fuck didn't play and enjoy homeworld.
>>
>>1758086
The bomber cloak doesn't even work in 90% of cases as well.
>>
File: TerranTradeAuthority.jpg (183 KB, 1275x1754)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>1755527
>plan to explore

Here is where they went wrong at least with everything not related to gameplay.

Why? Why do we need to 'explore' quote unquote the people? Maybe giving glimpses in the original games is what made the setting more atmospheric and intriguing? Since its an RTS where the focus is on the ships that sounds like a good way to do it so why in the name of God above did they decide they needed to change such a fundamental part of what gave Homeworld its own unique style of storytelling?

I'm a big fan of the classic Homeworld mainly because I was a big fan of the Terran Trade Authority books whose art may have been an influence for the original Homeworld team. Those books really fired up my imagination and created a mysterious and intriguing universe focused on futuristic starships. It didn't need a marvel cinematic movie to demonstrate that.
>>1758242
>consulting group

ie retards who knew nothing about the source material and were being paid for stupid opinions based on what they thought would sell
>>
File: 20240516081515_1.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1080)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
In the defence mission I just put the turrets right next to the mothership so I could actually see what going on instead having the view blocked by megastructures from every angle.
>>
>>1752750
>what would Adolf Hitler be if not for the german loss in WW1
bros??? What the fuck? I thought this game is woke why is it glorifying nazism all of a sudden
>>
>>1758017
>Agloss DEI
>>
>>1752705
S A N D N I G G E R S
>>
>>1758451
It's more like:
>Who would Martin Luther King be if not for slavery
If you think about it the Queen was inferring that the attack on Kharak was a good thing. We already know how she feels on slavery so we don't need to go there.
>>
>>1755528
This, 100%. They changed the aesthetic. Even the trailer had the original hand-drawn style. This bait-and-switch CG garbage is genuinely goyslop demanded by some blimpy coastie DEI company.
>>
File: gummy.png (644 KB, 682x676)
644 KB
644 KB PNG
>>1755590
When you let radfems touch your award-winning franchise
>>
>>1757609
Yes and the bear ate it, it is gone.
>>
>>1758404
>all these new unintelligible polygon designations for various spacecraft when actual spacecraft variety jut got slashed and gutted
JUST
FUCK
MY
GAMEPLAY
UP
>>
>>1758128
>why is even the reason they can talk in dreams anyway?
I also don't get this bullshit. HW1 and 2, during inter-missions (Hyperspace), Karan is fully awake and most of the time part of the narrative exposition for mission briefings.

>The Taiidan Emperor did it in 1 once iirc
Makes some sense given that the exiles were in relatively close proximity already.
>>
>>1749246
We was kangs in space.

No thanks. I can get my bike stolen anytime, why would i voluntarily give them money?
>>
File: deserts_sensor.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>1759365
I have no idea why they felt the need to change the polygons of all things. Even DoK used the same shapes for the same (land)ship classes. It's a HW3 thing I guess - taking something that worked fine and making it worse for no apparent reason.
>>
>>1757659
There's nothing wrong with critiquing women and brown people
>>
>>1758404
I should have done that. God that mission fucking sucked.
>>
File: HW3 ending.webm (3.87 MB, 1280x610)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
>>1759424
Nobody in charge of decisions on HW3 actually played the original games or even the remasters/DoK
>>
File: 1716136983662933.webm (3.9 MB, 1918x946)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
Obligatory settings
>>
>>1761040
Anon that's the older, janky version. Use this one >>1760706
>>
>>1758103
if they do will you apologize to me?
>>
>>1761023
I feel absolutely nothing
>>
>>1761023
Crashing a rts legend's legacy with no survivors.
>>
>>1761023
The fuck is that?
>>
>>1761023
here's the yuri nobody asked for
>>
>>1761111
The bald man doesn't look like Yuri from Red Alert
>>
>>1761083
Anon you didn't work on their dev team
>>
>>1749608
I don't give a fuck about workers rights, I just want to play video games. Fuck off.
>>
>>1761023
I thought the lesbian girl bossing gang at the end was a joke wtf.
>>
>>1749608
>le workers
wage slavery is for chumps
>>
>>1754285
>the story is average
Have peoples standards dropped this low?
Fucking hell.
The only good thing I can say about it is that it looks really nice but that's about it.
I'm extremely sad. Deserts of Kharak was 50x better than this.
>>
>>1761023
holy shit
I hate video games. Why does everything I like turn to shit?
>>
So is the campaign goof?
>>
>>1761221
>Have peoples standards dropped this low?
Yes. People watch bad movies, get used to trash AAA game stories, and space fans in general are sometimes cucks. It doesn't help that the last couple decades the "any criticism is bad blahblah the dev is working hard where's your game etc" shit is spouted everywhere.
>>1761253
It's goofy but not in a good way.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.