[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: caesar_3.jpg (432 KB, 1024x768)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
Is Caesar 3 still worth playing when it's the earliest game of the Impressions formula? Should I instead go straight to Emperor or one of the modern games like Nebuchad?
>>
There's a mod that brings Caesar up to Pharaoh's level at least, although I haven't tried it out for myself.
>>
>>1751063
It was great, for it's time.
>But it's time was 1998
Short answer, no. Play something newer.
>>
its definitely worth trying out, maybe not to complete it. but getting a feel for the old days lets you appreciate emperor for example a bit better

github augustus for the opensource extra features version
>>
>>1751063
i wasted so many hours on this game as kid... Fuck, i miss it so much. I wonder why they never made 4...
>>
I went to play it with augustus this days, barely blinked and lost my entire sunday on it, is as addictive as always
>>
>>1751063
I never played it but I already see from the pic that Pharaoh copied everything from this game and nothing was actually original. Many buildings are 1:1 identical.
>>
File: sc6x2y.jpg (192 KB, 800x600)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>1752100
>Pharaoh copied everything from this game
Being made by the same studio does it
As for OP, Caesar 3 is missing some of the features the other inpression games (roadblocks most importantly) but all that stuff has been added with the Augustus mod anyway. Alternatively there is "Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom" which is the peak of the series IMO
>>
>>1751063
2024 and nobody managed to beat the old impressions games, just mod it so widescreen works and they still beat every other clone out of the water
>>
>>1751063
https://github.com/Keriew/augustus
>>
>>1752116
>Alternatively there is "Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom" which is the peak of the series IMO
It is, they pretty much built on the same game for several entries with new additions being largely positive ones, what sucks about that is when you try to go back to the older games because you crave their setting but it's not as good to actually play as the later ones.
>>
>>1752088
What do you mean anon?
>>
>>1752326
Anon means that 4 is such a departure from the others that it doesn't count as a 'real' sequel.
>>
>>1752326
nice art... one day maybe...
>>
>>1752545
Doesn't look so good close by, but the animations are pretty soul, like a guy baking a pizza at a pottery and one flying a kite at a weaver when neither have the raw materials.
>>
File: 1085445923799.jpg (304 KB, 1200x675)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>1752116
>Emperor... peak of the series
No it's less complex than Pharaoh with simpler economy and housing evolution and without monuments. The only "monument" is a straight wall in 1 mission. The massive pyramid constructions of Pharaoh are the highlight if the series.
>>
>>1752116
Emperor is not the peak. I will agree it had mechanical improvements, but Pharaoh was much more impressive and Emperor wants you to build the city a certain way with feng shui which is boring.
>>
>>1753580
>muh monuments
>waiting 5 hours with fully built city on top speed until enough clay is brought
Peak gameplay.
>>
caesar 3 augustus has all the improvements of later games with modern hotkey support, zoom, new OS compatibility and more

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.