[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Site-community-image.png (215 KB, 451x285)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>GTFOs Kaiser fags
>Kills TNO trannies
>Murders Bronies

Literally the only good HOI4 mod
>>
>>1756158
what is the best OWB submod(s)
>>
>>1756160
Enclave one is a given. Darkness Falls is also good pretty fun. I haven't played any others but generally, they're good for nations with generic or out dated focus trees
>>
>>1756158
What does GTFOs mean to you?
>>
File: 1709953580802.png (471 KB, 1080x1080)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>1756158
Ave, true to Caesar.
>>
>>1756158
underage esl post
rangeban south america and east europe
>>
>>1756158
These mods you listed not only share a few devs but also collab with each other, but it's funny watching you pretend they are at odds with each other
>>
>mod focusing on the US
hard pass
>>
>>1756484
at this point they could replace you with a bot and nobody would notice
>>
>>1756158
EAW is better.
>>
>>1756289
>get the fuck outs
>>
>>1756492
unsure why someone with a double digit IQ from a third world shithole thinks they can reply to a person from a real country
>>
>>1756516
>”get the fuck outs kaiser fags”
Why are all you South American/Balkanoid niggers such mentally disabled faggots?
>>
>>1756533
>>1756534
Yes, anon. Everyone who replies to you is le sudaca (why do you know brazilian slang in the first place?) or le balkanoid. You couldn't possibly be getting mad at a scenario you yourself invented in your head.
>>
>>1756535
Sudaca is how spanish speaking people refer to south americans. Brazilians would be one of the few that wouldn't use "sudaca" since they are already south americans and speak portuguese.
>>
>>1756160
Faithful and the Salted is a really good expansion for Nevada imo.
>>
File: 1680620263268222.jpg (58 KB, 503x512)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1756611
>>
>>1756160
Bone Cohort is good if you like more Legion stuff, a shame they used that pedo Dravis' art though.
>>
>>1756618
>stop noticing us- i mean them infesting your hobbies and destroying them from the inside out! r-rent free! obsessed! schizo! chud! /pol/!
>>
>>1756158
I like that it's set in the Fallout world but it takes so many creative liberties to the point where the mod is just a mishmash of "OC do not steal" countries on top of the cannon stuff from the fallout games. Saying that it's the best or the only good HOI4 mod is a fucking joke.
>>
>>1756786
Honestly, some liberties are fine, and they DO base their thingies in the fallout bible/Van Burren expanded content, they just change a thing there and there.
Dakota/Canada is the land which has more stuff that deviates from it, but I dig the mish mash of commies, pre war ghouls, native americans which survived after migrating north, ZAXs A.Is made occupation which went cuckoo (Canon btw) and a few less interesting fellas here and there.

There is some ups and downs, but people don't give EAW flak for not limiting itself only to canon, then why OWB should? Only the Legion and the NCR have formal governments in the canon after all. Everyone else is harvesting small plots of land or raiding said small plots of land
>>
>>1756792
>Only the Legion and the NCR have formal governments in the canon after all.
This is because Bethesda is fucking retarded and keeps making everything into a rehash of the Capital Wasteland where everyone is mentally stunted and can't into governance or filtering water.
They even did it to California, because there's no way the Fallout showrunners didn't run their ideas about nuking Shady Sands and somehow making the very concept of the NCR disappear in less than 10 years past Bethesda.
>>
File: 1508089449492.jpg (31 KB, 392x395)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1756795
OWB has no countries from Shithesda's games, you moron.
>>
>>1756994
Thank fuck for that. I've never understood why so many peope (or at least a very vocal minority) want East Coast, aka. Bethesda's Fallout faction.
>>
>>1756158
I'll wait for the inevitable Fallout Equestria version.
>>
>>1757036
I think they already did that for an april fools joke years ago.
>>
>>1756158
why would you play that over the original for darkest hour?
>>
>>1756621
I showed this to the creator and he asked me what art, because he has no clue
>>
So when is this mod going to be updated with the actual Fallout canon?
>>
>>1756158
what do I need to know going into this compared to regular HOI4?
>>
>>1757208
>shady sands is actually in the boneyard and there are four surface level accessible vaults the master missed and also some random vault tec exec gets angry about being cucked by a dyke so he nukes shady sands and then the ncr as a concept completely disappears save for a cult and a tiny group of remnants who are glorified raiders
no
>>
>>1756492
Most 4chan posts are bots.
>>
>>1757530
this is true
I am a bot
>>
>>1756621
Didn't they get shoah'd by the OWB devs for daring to have the Legion have slavery and rape.
>>
>>1757036
>>1757049
It's got a mod. Balefire Blues.
>>
>>1757169
tranny people need tranny mods
FODDchads report in
>>
>>1757036
>I'll wait for the inevitable Fallout Equestria version
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2307988796
>>
>>1756158
Those other three killed themselves. And so did OWB.
There isn't a single good alternate reality mod for HoI4 and there never will be.
>>
>>1756158
is there a Courier 6 path or mod for New Vegas?
>>
>>1759942
well IIRC courier six does exist in the base mod as an agent for New Vegas
>>
>>1760055
bruh...
>>
>>1757453
Better than Obsidian's neoliberal fanfic.
>>
>>1760081
sister you DID purchase the LGBTQ2ITMZ+= flags for your Fallout 76 C.A.M.P only on the Atomic Shop, right?
>>
File: LMAO.png (338 KB, 731x672)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>1760088
Speaking of trannies
>>
>>1760101
>>1760088
>no ur tha tranniez
Hbomberguy has done irreparable damage to the Fallout community with his legion of trannies, same thing happened to Jerma's fanbase.
>>
File: 1697462867915799.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>1760101
>>1760659
do we REALLY need to do this?
>>
>>1760846
>tranny triangle pride flag in a post-nuclear wasteland
>where culture before the war was stuck in 1950s mode, which wasn't a very favourable time for sodomites and trannies basically didn't exist
>>
>>1756621
>Bone Cohort is good if you like more Legion stuff, a shame they used that pedo Dravis' art though.
I couldn't get into Bone Cohort because almost every single sentence has grammar/spelling errors. Same with the Faithful and the Salted.
>>
>>1763459
It comes with ESLdevs anon.
>>
>>1763459
It's not that bad desu, would take a few mistakes than shitty writing overall
>>
>>1756158
The focus tree artwork for the Sisterhood of Steel was created by a brony.
>>
>>1763792
based
>>
I've tried doing Maxson Expedition so many times but everything always goes to shit when Lanius declares. No amount of robots or bunkers and outposts will stop him.
>>
>>1756158
New major update for East Coast Rebirth
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2665358623
>>
>>1756158
>best girl two paths
>on one she kills herself
>on another she get killed with 100% guarantee
What did devs mean by this?
>>
>>1764796
>You anti-bethesda types are mentally ill lmao
Did Bethesda not preemptively declare a show where the NCR doesn't collapse due to the Legion war or its own internal issues but because a seething Vault-Tec popsicle executive somehow got his hands on a nuke and blew up Shady Sands to be canon?
>>
>>1763792
No wonder it is so high quality.
>>
File: 1714154901503803.png (144 KB, 473x389)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>1765629
>finally looks like it has enough content to try
>download it
>start up a game as the lyons chapter
>gamebreaking bug in the first two months that prevents me from advancing the focus tree
>>
>>1756158
FODD > any other Fallout mod
>best HoI4 mod
Hardly a high bar to walk over
>>
>>1766340
>gamebreaking bug in the first two months that prevents me from advancing the focus tree
Yeah, it seems the devs also aware of it and they might put up a hotfix to solve it in couple days.
https://old.reddit.com/r/OldWorldBlues/comments/1czxy0r/was_excited_for_the_east_coast_update_but_is_it/
>>
>>1764731
You have to be very aggressive at the start. Take extra equipment in the first decisions. Rush the focus against the scorpions and then Robot City. Use encirclements to win with few casualties.

Then justify against handdogs. If the timing is right, you would attack them when their civil war starts. Take as many provinces as you can then justify on the civil war nation. Or get the CB through focus.

All the while you should be training PA divisions when you can and robot division otherwise. (don't make robots on your own at this point, use robot citiy's) Prioritise the decisions for pacifying Robot city over new divisions. Don't bother with pacifying scorpions as they'll leave on their own and they'll only destroy infrastructure on the way. If you have time also attack Iron Alliance.

For the war with Lanius I found that my divisions performed better when they were on the attack. Don't bother defending, use PA to get encirclements fast.
>>
>>1766340
East Coast is a fucking joke of a submod.

It was barely playtested, the nations aren't that interesting and the focus trees suck ass.

Multiple bugs everywhere and random ass countries with shitty ass trees.

Even the Enclave and Lyons who are supposed to be the main guys didn't have LOC finished or even were tested before releasing it.
>>
>>1766458
is it the latest version?
>>
>>1766529
They released an update previously today.

But for a 'live' release it felt they didn't add jack. I have played the lastest version but why would you ever do that?

You only play as PA nations that can stomp any foe without thinking, the supermutant nation is fine, but the shitly scripted things remain.
>>
>>1756158
It's not quite on par with EaW but it's in the same league, for sure.
>>
>>1761444
something must have happened during all those 80+ years
>>
>>1766994
I think any kind of LGBT movement in Fallout, pre or post War would be virtually unrecognisable compared to our modern pride shit. Putting those flags in was retarded.
Could have made some original design to fit the setting but then I presume the Alphabet People would seethe for some reason.
>>
Is there any relationship between Edward J Rusk of the Texan Brotherhood in this mod and Duke Mack Rusk of the Longhorn Realm in the After the End mod for CK2?
>>
Eat shit Paladins
>>
>>1765629
How fun are the DC settlements if anyone have tried them?
>>
>>1756158
Whenever I play this shit, I just steamroll the map with no difficulty whatsoever.
Kaiserreich at least puts up a good challenge.
>>
>>1768252
play TV Town if you want a challenge then, fag
>>
>>1756786
The OC nations are mostly their because HOI4 doesn’t have doesn’t have colonization in it, so you can only expand by conquering.
>>
>>1764796
>makes up actual lies
>calls other people mentally ill
Straight out of the Bethesda fanboy playbook.
>>
>>1756786
I like a lot of the OC doughnut steel nations, although theres a fair few bad eggs, like heckin wholesome girlboss sisterhood of steel and weeb uguu ^_^ rogue AI nations
>>
>>1760659
>community
group. group. just play the game faggot
>>
>>1756786
that's my main problem with it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they transplanted post-apocalypse factions from other games rather than coming up with their own. It worked out well with the desert rangers, which is just copied wholesale from Wasteland.
>>
>>1768752
It's hard to ignore the fact you've got places like /v/ being psyopped into hating New Vegas and unironically shilling for 3 because of that hbomberguy video essay
>>
I saw an animated clip and now I want to fuck yes-man.
It finally got me to play fallout new vegas.
He's so cute, he's so hot.
>>
Has anyone tried out the Post-war General Oliver mod yet? Curious if its actually got enough content to be worth the struggle
>>
>>1769572
>Caesar bumrushed the 2nd war for the Dam before I could reunite the NCr
>Have a ceasefire with the rest of California, he gets to build up while I'm stuck fighting Caesar
>Caesar won on every other front, tons of vassals
>Just got stabbed in the back by Vegas, barely held it together with large losses

Only options left are to fight eternally or pop a focus to abandon the Mojave to Caesar and try again later after I deal with the rest of California, wut do
>>
>>1769736
try to deal with NCR or reroll and pray the NCR can keep it together a bit longer
>>
>>1769736
If you want to fight I would retreat into the mojave so that you can defend the chokepoints easier. From there you can lure them into encirclements and chip away at their manpower.
>>
>>1756158
Is Pioneer Company any fun? Fucking commies are a pain to deal with.
>>
File: 7yf5ix99xh8a1.png (2.65 MB, 1600x3000)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>1771898
actually just got done a Pioneer Company run
yeah Strathcommune is a major bitch pray that they descend into anarchy or enable that they do in the menu
otherwise take everything and spearhead to redmond as soon as the war kicks off
I thought I would tackle the robots first as to have a united front against the commune which turned out to be a big mistake

I did the Pioneer into Enclave run which turn into kind of a letdown if you wanted to be a powerful Canadian Enclave and cooperate with MacArthur
spoilers (if vst even has them):

your options as Enclave is to either fight and absorb MacArthur or actively kneecap yourself and become their bitch, willfully submitting to being puppetted in the process while also making you feel grimy in the process via the story
there is another seperate branch for if MacArthur gets wiped out, most likely by Montana Brotherhood which 9 times out of 10 for me go the "grrrrrl power oh see donut steel" path in which case good luck dealing with them after they get that big, in which case I assume you become the new MacArthur

also even after the swap to Remnants into official Enclave you still don't get Enclave culture so your units and general portraits maintain their previous scrappy wastelander look so you don't really feel very Enclave like until Adanced Power armor which you don't get via focus until very late which by then you should have most of Canada under your belt anyway
>>
is nu-OWB going to handle the chicago enclave well?
>>
>>1760081
>neoliberal fanfic
What does this even mean? Do you even know what these words mean?
>>
>>1772186
I imagine there will be one standard Enclave hardliner path that will kneecap you and tell you that you are a very naughty boy for choosing that path like the Pioneer Company does and one path that features a powerful and brave woman that will dismantle the Enclave to spread liberty and equality to all (while being given 5x the buffs of the Enclave path)
>>
>>1772187
In favour of international megacorporations.
>>
>>1772138
I did a pretty gud job I think. I just turned all units into the 20 width template and took away the anti armor and pretty much put all factories on infantry weapons
>>
File: 9789789.png (526 KB, 1150x650)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>1772284
woops forgot to post picture
>>
>>1772284
>>1772285
nice
now you can either aim to go down the left path with Johnson or the right path with the Enclave and get some bad feels unless MacArthur capitulates in which case you are going to be MacArthur 2.0

the middle path is gay and IIRC you don't get OP Enclave tech but I didn't check if any of the buffs or cores/claims make up for that
>>
>>1772186
No.
>>
Its ok. Wish there were more events and story. Feels rather vanilla hoi4 but with Fallout paintjob
>>
>>1772221
lel pretty much. Say what you will about EAW but at least the evil paths feel satisfying and don't try to constantly shit on you for being a bad goy.
>>
>>1772626
Mostly. You can tell someone really wanted to be TNO with Changelings post path to the point where its one of the most despised paths ingame. Everyone loves when your leader immediately becomes incompetent and you have to basically fuckoff your own territory to deal with it.
But then you've got things like slavers who can happily conquer entire lands without moralizing.
>>
>>1772186
OWB usually does a good job with the main central faction of a region especially when said faction has some canon lore. Chicago Enclave will probably be good.
>>
File: 1575008966049.jpg (40 KB, 512x512)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1772652
that's the thing, though
there's over a dozen fun "pure crazy genocide" paths in EaW, there's numerous "rapid conquest brings big issues" paths, there's a gorillion "larp as a powerful nationalistic empire that does everything successfully" paths, there's an equal amount of goody-two-shoes paths of all shapes and sizes, there's cartoon villain commies, there's 1984 commies, there's wholesome 100 chungus commies, there's troubled "this doesn't really work but we're trying our best" commies, many kinds of fascists, illuminati, monarchists, there's ancient evil, there's return to monke (several), there's ascend from monke, there's stay monke and fight for independence, necromancers, magic technowizards, horros from the deep, horrors from the sands, zombie apocalypse, evil magocracies, welsh spartans, yadda yadda yadda
EaW is just massively varied, you can play just about anything you ever wanted and several dozen things you never knew you wanted, both narratively and gameplay-wise
they manage to fit together this huge amount experiences due to being based in magical fairyland and being unburdened by historic precedent, real-world political and humanitarian bias, realism, plausibility, anything that forces mods like kaiserreich and tno and whatever the fuck to turn into opinionated circlejerks where everything is bogged down by pointless arguments like "france is too strong, compared to germany in this path we must tone it down" to the detriment of actually making fun ideas and experiences possible
EaW is THE peak HoI4 mod because it's free to experiment, to throw anything at the wall and leave it there regardless whether it stuck or not, to put effort into passion projects without moderation grinding you down, all the things that more down-to-earth mods will never afford themselves to have
>>
>>1772725
well said, anon
>>
>>1772725
Virgin OWB devs: "nooo we can't depict the enclave as good that would make us look like fascists!"
Chad EAW devsL "Lol lets add enlightened absolute monarchies that actually benefit the people and Polar Bear Hyperboria that develops space flight and portals to other dimensions. "
>>
>>1772725
Agreed.
>>
>>1772725
EaW is THE peak HoI4 mod because those autistic wizards managed to make the game including a mod of that scope run better than even what Paradox themselves could've done
>>
>>1772626
I give the Pioneer Corps a hard time for their Enclave path but to give OWB a fair shake they got two other Enclave paths in MacArthur and Eureka's Granite Company and both are very servicable
there is also the Enclave Reborn submod which is one of the best factions and paths I've ever played in all of HoI4

there is variety as far as factions go but it's just not, as a whole, as fleshed out as EaW yet (or will ever be depending on how fast the modders work)
>>
>>1765629
Needs more content. I tried the Lyons Chapter first and it was a snoozefest for like 4 years until I just started painting the map with my overpowered PA divisions.

Enclave was surprisingly hard though. I was only able to churn out 20 divisions before I ended up in a war with the BoS and the Wasteland Settlements who had 80+ divisions.
>>
I dig the new menu music
>>
>>1761444
>trannies basically didn't exist
the good ending
>>
is Broken Coast as hard as the game warns you it is?
>>
I need a nation/path that is pure action and has a very high difficulty, what should I play?
>>
>>1776609
don't know about pure action but if you want difficult the nations that go early to the big dogs are about as difficult as it gets
the Divide having to fend off the NCR and Cowboy Country against Two Sun & The Legion
The Cause is kinda difficult with having to deal with the Washington BoS early
Maxson Expediton will give you things to do as well all game but you're on a timer until Lanius' Cohort comes knocking
>>
>>1776609
I second the Maxson Expedition, you have to be at an almost constant state of war in order to conquer scorpions, robot city, hangdogs and Iron Alliance if possible before Lanius attacks. If you survive, you are able to get all advanced tech except air and naval.
>>
>>1776486
Not really. Build up Inf and take conquest foci early. Later on you can tech into PA. Biggest challenges are New Victoria which you don't have to naval invade anymore, a potential Koover/Syilx/Passkeeper alliance, and Washington.
>>1776609
Reclamation Army Depot in Nebraska. Generic robot nation with two events one to declare war on the Flawed Parish and the other on everyone else in the Quarantine Zone. Deadline is similiar if you don't want robots.
>>
New content for purist enclave is already at testing phase, release will happen probably at the end of the month or the next
>>
>>1778264
Good. They felt really lackluster in hindsight after I played the reformers.
BACK TO BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPS
>>
I'd like to see an Enclave submod that's based on subterfuge and helping all the individual Enclave nations win their respective regions before uniting into a giga-Enclave
>>
>>1778502
Honestly, Purists on ERBX is shaping up to be like that, you either get dragged down by Chicago/D.C Enclave or you try to make th3 pockets of minor enclave (Mc-Arthur/TexasClave/Ruby Enclave/Colonel Autumm enclave/Eureka loyalists) to thrive so you can make a giga western enclave and blast Chicago
>>
>>1778264
is enabling that unclaimed wasteland shit worth it or should I not bother?
>>
>>1778610
I'll have to finally give it a try when it gets updated then. I've done the le wholesome reformers path a few times but never purists.
>>
>>1778685
Troll Warren
Very strong, lots of invasion focuses on weak neighbours

New Vegas if you're not afraid of being close to the action and having someone inevitably descend upon you eventually
>>
>>1778691
Super Mutants in non-Bethesda Fallouts are generally as intelligent as human beings, save for a specific generation of them (can't remember which).
>>
>>1778695
Good luck.
I think there's focuses directly highlighting what to do with the retarded muties too somewhere in there if memory serves me right so it's all explained too.
>>
my first owb game was new canaan and i didn't realize you were supposed to lose to the white legs
>>
>>1778714
unless you played before they got an update you don't have to lose at all
only if you want the J dawg running things
>>
>>1778693
I think there's a mix of not-so-intelligent mutants and ones who retained their faculties. You can see this with the Master's Lieutenant who is extremely eloquent and intelligent, and Harry who is literally retarded.
>>
>>1778907
That's what I mean by "generations". There are specific generations of mutie that are dumber than others, I just can't remember what specific generations those are.
Tabitha explains it pretty well on Black Mountain Radio in NV.
>>
>>1756158
This mod is a great example of why Fallout is only good as an RPG. Most of the countries are legit deviantart tier custom nations
>>
>>1778903
when i did it they were stupidly powerful, i had my entire army on a two tile chokepoint rotating in and out just to keep them from beating me. after years of this i eventually built up enough industry to afford a few full width special forces units with demolitions and anti tank gear and that (slowly) did them in
>>
File: 600b9891a8b85.jpg (60 KB, 572x960)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1778929
yeah they are supposed to be OP
even moreso if they take Crazy Horns
if you go in with a split up 80s they will also take Noemen to open up even more front to push you from
but I like my boy JG so I let them win
all you have to do is let a White Leg unit walk into New Canaan and there's a scripted loss
if you want to speed things up even more just select the Canaan tile and ~setcontroller WHT
>>
>>1772221
That... yeah. Thats probably whats going to happen sadly.
>>
>>1772221
You can be an hardliner american first asshole with Pionner company AND get strong, just don't be an enclave bitch and you will have your turbo anti commie, anti people america
>>1778911
First Gen muties are stronger and smarter, while second ones aren't
This happens because first gens were made out of vault dwellers and others "uncorrupted humans". The more mutations a human have, more retarded and defective he will be once he get dropped on the FEV vaults.
>>
>>1778683
>>1778684
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3021156634

Here, the leaked beta, (presu don't share outside)
>>1778618
It's a good way to deal with some occupation shenanigans and you can abuse it to blob early without being dragged down by manpower and equipament needs. Dismantle Industry + Lawless Wasteland could work well to ramp up before you take the NCR
>>
File: mr house owb.gif (1.57 MB, 156x210)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>1778687
>New Vegas
with an ancient and almost unfinishable focus tree and mediocre tech?
it's fun but it's far from the perfect intro experience
they did my boy house dirty, and focused on OC garbage instead, the scum
>>
man is going conventional warfare ever worth it? I feel like asymmetrical mogs it, at least the leftmost path does.
>>
>>1779475
Conventional is only worthy for the few nations who have tank/motorized buffs and even then, regular Assymetrical infantry can be quite busted.

Also, Conventional is more defense-speed based
>>
>>1779529
man I really gotta try an Ironmongers playthrough one day. I dislike how fucking expensive tanks are compared to power armor but I'll give it a shot
>>
File: 20240105022810_1.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
This was a fun one
Are the other Shi paths worth checking out?
>>
>>1779688
there's a Brotherhood of Steel path
>>
>>1779475
left conventional is intended if you are going heavy into motorized/mechanized
right conventional is for infantry with an emphasis on defense

I know left path asymmetrical is superior in many ways but from a RP perpective it feels weird taking the very clearly Legion based doctrine as a non-Legion nation
>>
>>1779463
even if it was good you are sitting there doing nothing until the late game
that at least if you want to sort of stick to lore and not try to immediately roll over everything which will be difficult until the NCR and Legion go at it which is again, late game
IMO the starting year is too early
>>
>>1779688
Shi have a unique content?
>>
>>1780401
Retard
>>
>>1779801
so what? some nations have to cater to tallfags and first timers
sticking to the lore is kinda hard considering the geographic and chronological scope of the mod and that 9/10 factions are fanfiction
IMO the starting year is too late, another thing FODD does better
>>
Do we truly have an entire /vst/ thread just for a mod?
Impressive.
>>
>>1780575
The problem isn't even the fact that you have to play tall (Mojave do that and it's 200% better) it's more because Vegas it's fucking boring and playing tall has no payoff at all.
And yeah, I agree, earlier dates could make it better, but dunno, there isn't much going on back then, besides NCR consolidation, the brotherhood war and perhaps Caesar initial conquests

Hoover Dam 2 IS the biggest military conflict of the setting, now matter how much you undercut it
>>
>>1780597
Son did you somehow miss the TNO and the Kaiserreich threads?
>>
>>1780646
/pdx/ board.
>>
>>1779463
Honestly my biggest problem with the mod is how dogshit vegas is, its crazy that we got 2 new regions of oc donut steels and we still don't have a vegas rework on the horizon.
>>
>>1780697
OWB has the same problem as HOI4
>give the first couple of nations unique content
>don't really know what you're doing so the focuses and content are decent at best, at least compared to the generic tree
>finally get the hang of making good focus trees and game content but there is so much shit to add and do that you never go back to update the older content
>>
>>1780947
I'm very happy without nu-OWB going back and "updating" the older stuff.
>>
>>1780626
>it's more because Vegas it's fucking boring
but what if, hear me out, they make it LESS boring?
>>
>>1781268
I mean, that's what updates and submods are for, Vegas need more spice for sure, but we are just pointing out to anons starting now, that Vegas is boring as heck
>>
>>1778618
I like it for saving manpower and equipment and making nicer borders.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.