[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is one of the worst RTS I've ever played, why are so many people saying it's good?
>>
contrarianism
>>
>>1792456
Because you're dumb, silly.
>>
>>1792456
I fear to ask what do you consider a good rts
>>
File: 1694572528026532.jpg (91 KB, 941x950)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>1792602
Please be Battle Aces please be Battle Aces.
>>
>>1792456
The concept carries the game for them
>>
>>1792456
motherfucker you are more than 20 years later, game is amazing but it's a bit too "old" for the "new" generation.
>>
>>1792456
It's shit and only dumbass people like it. It's not even a good game for its time like some of the idiots are saying. Here are some games that are better or similar and came out before nations:
Any C&C up to Generals
StarCraft
Warcraft 3
Warlords Battlecry 2
Empire earth
Age of empires 2
Stronghold
Age of mythology
Several Myth games
Cossacks
Homeworld
Earth 2140 and 2150
Majesty
Knights and Merchants
Several anno games and impressions games
Original War
Kohan
Battle realms
Shogun and Medieval total war 1
Empire Earth is already a janky game but I wouldn't be surprised if some preferred EE over this shitpile.
>>
>>1792456
me too OP. i had the game as a kid in the mid 2000's and even then i saw that the game was utter trash. its a shallow age of empires 2 wannabe made exclusively for multiplayer battles. its so shit that the devs didnt even include a campaign. its one of the first e-sports wannabe game. the only good thing about it is the music and the intro cinematic. i dont know why people are saying this kusoge game is good.
>>
>>1792456
>This is one of the worst RTS I've ever played, why are so many people saying it's good?
How so? Elaborate?
>>
File: baitfest.jpg (322 KB, 2044x2048)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>1792837
>Starcraft
>Stronghold
>Cossacks
>Knights&Merchants
>Total war
>all thrown into one bag and called "similar to RoN"
Holy fuck.
>>
>>1792456
What's bad about it?
>>
>>1792456
>why are so many people saying it's good
Because it is.
>>
>>1792456
>why are so many people saying it's good?
The music is extremely soulful and the base building is comfy.
That's it.
>>
It's a game you either love or hate.
I think it's okay
>>
Rise of nations was fine.
Rise of legends was a true masterpiece.
>>
>>1792456
It filters gookclickers
>>
>>1792456
idk idgi either it's so offensively mid
it's like a worse more boring version of empire earth and that game is pretty mid too
>>1793441
rise of legends is dope though true facts
>>
>>1792456
It's very appealing to "turtle against easy AI for an hour" fags. The gameplay itself is pretty badly put together and the rock paper scissors of the units is just a pain considering how awful the pathfinding is. Everything just exists as a blob to walk into each other. You can't do meaningful raids or flanks or feints.
>>
>>1792456
Nostalgia.
>>
>>1792456
OP I completely agree, it's good but overall overrated, especially when Empire Earth exists. No unit is unique because it's pure rock paper bullshit to the point where explosives i.e tanks bombers will barely even damage infantry. The attrition system is the stupidest anti fun addition to the game that makes fighting even worse. And it literally might be the most micro intensive game in the worst way. Every game is just building as fast as you can and getting the same exact upgrades needed to tech up every single game
this was a poor mans Empire Earth
>>
>>1792456
this but world in conflict
>>
>>1792456
never played it but shitters from /vst/ love it so it was guaranteed to be janky trash like half of the RTS recommended here
>>
>>1797413
what about the game is "janky"?
>>
>>1792456
you should be playing gold edition not steam's extended edition you dumb fuck. No wonder it was shit, balancing in extended is pants on head retardified
>>
>>1792456
Because you're a pleb
>>
>>1793892
I think of it not as a tactical rts like SC but rather simply a real time civilization game. It works well when you look at it that way. It's a game of civ that takes a few hours instead of a few days.
>>
>>1797416
Unit groupings don't often make sense. Game is fluid as fuck when handling cavalry but it's ass with infantry because they can't seem to decide what to do half of the time when you order them to move. The 'advance formation' also keeps sending them in weird directions instead of what they're clearly facing.
It's also very weird how the attack animations don't synch at all with the damage being dealt, with units always dying before the horsemen swing their swords at them.
>>
>>1792837
not even shogun 2 lol. You really are a contrarian for the sake of it
>>
>>1801203
shogun 2 came out in 2011, did rise of nations come out before or after 2011?
>>
>>1792927
>>1801203
Least retarded RoN fans
>>
>>1792456
Kino mix of 4X and rts
>>
>>1792602
Empire Earth
>>
File: Spoiler Image (372 KB, 766x541)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
>>1792456
You don't like it because it is KINO, has SOVL and fucking MOGS your gookclick multiplayer balance meta GAYmes
Too bad you weren't born with a personality, ya cocksucker motherfuckeeeeeeer
>>
>>1802924
OH WOW
CAN'T WAIT TO GATHER 30000 FOOD TO AGE UP
THIS IS SO FUN
>>
>>1803195
>age rushing
cringe
>>
>>1804965
>age rushing
It isn't age rushing, it's the cost you mongoloid.
>>
Retarded nigger bait thread.
>>
>>1792456
>This is one of the worst RTS I've ever played
how come?
>why are so many people saying it's good?
because it has a mix of features from Civilization and AoE, some of the most popular RTS games
also, nostalgia I presume
>>
>>1793892
>You can't do meaningful raids or flanks or feints.
Cavalry archers would like to disagree
>>
>>1793441
Shame they ran out of budget and half the campaign missions were generic
>conquer this base in 90 minutes
shit

The Vinci and Cuotl campaigns are like apple and oranges for the depth/effort they put into the Vinci one
>>
>>1792456
Rise of Nations is decent, but I’m more into Rise of Legends myself. I’ve got a strong feeling Gates of Pyre is gonna be next-level.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.