[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What games are most similar to this?
>>
File: 1ugkxqjmyyu81.jpg (872 KB, 3120x3800)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>1797375
I think this one is kinda similar.
Not sure tho....
>>
Spellforce
>>
>>1797375
Nothing comes close.
Never will we get a better custom map scene.
>>
>>1797409
which one?
>>
age of mythology
>>
>>1797417
Not OP, but i'm looking for the rts deathmatch comparison, not the custom maps.
>>
Spellforce 3 is abhorrent glitchy dogshit do not play it.
I dunno what the other 2 are like.
>>
>>1797375
Armies of Exigo
>>
>>1797471
If it wasn't for that fucking wobbly camera I'd love this game.
>>
Sins of a solar empire
>>
>>1797375
Kohan 2
Armies of Exigo is a straight rip off of Warcraft/Starcraft and
that asian style rts WC3 kinda ripped off whose name I can't remember.... War Clans or something I think
>>
>>1797732
how?
>>
>>1797417
Where my sheep tag niggas at?
>>
>>1798062
Right here bro.

Next to your Kodo tag friends and farmer vs hunter enjoyers.

>>1797461
It adds too much. Entire new campaigns were made by the community and many of them decent.

The deathmatch/skirmish is ok. Not the best gameplay but the faction variety and hero strategies make the gameplay options extremely varied.
>>
It's not the most similar, but someone has to mention Warlords Battlecry as the rpg/rts hybrid.
>>
>>1797434
All three are pretty solid.
I think I've spent the most time playing SF1. I wouldn't say it's the best game ever, but it's REALLY addictive, so eventually you clock in 200 hours and can't explain why.
>>
>>1797375
Battle Realms is identical and free. Now fuck off and take your retarded, pointless thread back to /v/ with the rest of the worthless trash. This board is for people with more than 2 brain cells.
>>
>>1798118
One of the best games ever
>>
>>1797375
What does one do with human army in ffa or high eco scenarios? I feel as if human army is far inferior when maxed out compared to any of the other three races. It feels that you have to be carried by your trihero setup uberhard
>>
lotr battle for middle earth
>>
>>1797375
Immortal Gates of Pyre looks very similar; I saw the game play on YouTube.
>>
>>1797456
Not bad desu
>>
>>1798672
BASED
>>
>>1806076

It looks interesting, but it's not live yet. I added it up on Steam, though.
>>
>>1797759
>that asian style rts WC3 kinda ripped off
Battle Realms?
>>1797456
I like it more than W3 desu. But I did grow up with AoM and only played W3 a few years ago. AoM had lots of neat ideas and the soundtrack is best.
>>
What's the best way to play the Frozen Throne campaigns? RoC has the enhanced campaigns for the original, re-reforged, and an SC2 remake.
But there is nothing I could find for the Frozen Throne Sentinel, Alliance, and Scourge campaigns.
>>
>>1797560
Stormgate and Immortal Gates are two new RTS games that I've found to have impressive improvements.
>>
>>1797409
Ughh I don't recommend the first one.
>>
>>1797375
play custom campaigns downloaded from hive workshop, specifically Tomoraider's campaigns and the Book of Arkain series. you wont regret ti. Blizzard tier quality.
>>
>>1806101
Godsworn is slavic/latvian wIII clone with slight aom influences.
>>
>>1797375
there is a lotr:war of the ring copycat
>>
>>1807962
I have been checking these out with battle aces too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.