[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hq720.jpg (103 KB, 686x386)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
What are some of the best (preferably cheap) tower defense games?
I've already played Bloons, Dungeon Warfare, Defense Grid, Sanctum, and PVZ.

Something more traditional. Not really looking for an RTS-Defense hybrid like They are Billions.
>>
Infinitode 2 is my favorite.
>>
who the fuck cares? They're all the same. If you've played one, you've played them all.
>>
>>1798763
Gemcraft
>create gems with different properties and place them into towers, traps or just throw them at the hordes of creeps
>or better yet, use them to boost the attack wave for more enemies and more exp
>kinda grindy with a shitton of levels and upgrades to go through
>hope you know how to calculate logarythms, because at higher levels this game is pure math
Defenders Quest
>a bunch of Tumble OCs embark on an epic quest ful of story
>or just skip dialogues, because the gameplay is quite solid in this TD mixed with RPG elements
>has New Game +
Kingdom Rush
>if you're not offended by "muh mobile graphics" and some P2W micro-payments it's quite solid.

honorable mention:
Anomaly
>plot twist, YOU are the convoy and have to fight through the towers
>>
>>1798862
>Anomaly
>>plot twist, YOU are the convoy and have to fight through the towers
You mean Anomoly Warzone Earth. I bought that game a decade ago and got a gamebreaking bug in the first level. Never touched it again.
>>
>>1798763
Sweatshop HD
>>
>>1798862
>Defenders Quest
i used to check in every so often about DQ2
>10 years after he first let people preorder it
>still not released
quite hilarious
i dont know why people didnt get mad about it, he basically took their preorder then decided to spend a bunch of time doing everything other than working on the new game
>>
>>1798862
Kingdom Rush is solid. Haven't played any of the sequels except for the Evil faction one, but they'll keep you entertained for short sessions.
>>
>>1798763
kingdom rush
>>
There's that one old tower defence game I used to play as a kid but can't remember the name of it at all.

Early 3D graphics, fighting various spooky monsters, 3 types of tower (AoE cannons, Anti-air magic and universal/poison plant ones) that'd visually evolve and get bigger and fancier as you upgraded them.

Had a campaign where the first map started you in a city, then the fields outside a castle's gates, then a series of increasingly magical and bizarre places. I'm fairly sure you ended up on a bunch of floating islands and an ice cave at some point.

When you reached the desert map (I think) you got access to a hot air baloon that'd automatically keep on dropping bombs on whatever location it was parked over.

Does all this ring any bells to anyone?
>>
>>1798862
Cheers to the Gemcraft guy keeping it up since Newgrounds. Had fun with Frostborn Wrath even if it was a step down from the previous one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.