[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tropico1_1.jpg (70 KB, 650x500)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Hola, El Presidente! How's your island going?
>>
File: Tropico.jpg (476 KB, 1778x889)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
3 or 4?
>>
>>1801019
4 is basically 3 with extra stuff, I think the base 4 has every budling that was in 3 + expansion. 3 does have a god tier soundtrack and good radio banter
>>
>>1801019
>>
>>1801057
I heard 4 was casualized compared to 3 that's more closer to 1?
>>
>>1801060
Not really both 3 and 4 are really easy once you get the basic economy going
>>
File: where's the love.jpg (147 KB, 1029x670)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>1801019
Tropico 4's volcanic eruption reminds me of how fun cover art was for video games... and now we have stuff like Cities Skylines 1 & 2 which is just dead.
>>1801060
Tropico has never been hard outside of those with scenario time limits and RNG ship raiding/treasure fleet routing.
>>
>>1801019
Both are good in their own way, though 4 has some cool extra stuff like natural disasters.
>>
>>1801060
>>1801057
What about 5 and 6?
>>
>>1801059
How's 1 really? Still worth playing?
>>
I actually find 6 to be harder than 3-5, it's pretty easy to end up in a debt death spiral if you don't know what you are doing. Then there is the virus DLC which is just bullshit.
>>
>>1801057
4 has a revamped imports/exports system
>>
>>1801743
Tbh 6 is hard only because the logic system is bugged, so despite having such a wide land is NOT RECOMMENDED to build everything too far away.
>>
>>1801722
Probably the hardest and most grounded out of all of them. Cars aren't a thing so that changes the way you build slightly.
>>
>>1801748
just build garages, docks, housing, and amenities at those far away places too
>>
>Tropico 3 base game is almost like tropico 1 remake. With the expansion pack they made it a lot easier with new edicts and the new nationalist faction thaat is trivial to keep satisfied
Is this true?
>>
>>1801743
The Tropicoland mission in 6 was total bullshit.
>>
>>1802119
I cleared it on normal the other day, I just focused on production at first until I got a car factory up and then focused on tourism and the objectives. The trick on any tourism focused mission and a tourism economy in general is to keep liberty up to avoid rebels and guerillas since they will kill your tourism
>>
File: Made in China.png (1.04 MB, 776x1252)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>2011 game
It was a different time.
>>
>>1801748
Big mistake most people (including myself) does is run the free wheels edict and build garages everywhere. This jams up the roads and prevents teamsters from doing their jobs, use buses and metros to move people around and run the speedway edict to make the teamsters even faster.
>>
>>1801019
i just reinstalled 4 the other day because of a thread on /v/
and I remembered how often I never get past the first island because there's still room to grow and polish my banana republic into a tropical utopia.
>>
>>1801019
Anyone else prefer 3 over 4?
>>
>>1802160
>blame (((the powers that be)))
>>
I just reinstalled 4, how’s the modding community like for this game?
>>
>>1802937
Almost non existent, there's like 5 mods and they only change minor things, like being able to place old buildings after the new ones from Modern Times replace them
>>
>>1802160
VENERABLE LEADER, THE MIGHT CHINESE DRAGON IS HUNGRY FOR YOUR RESOURCES.
>>
>>1802166
Fucking realism in my tropico. Next you're gonna tell me the pops are too stupid to use ring roads.
>>
>>1802160
what's the unknown effect for that 3rd option?
>>
>>1805562
Triggers a random disaster.
>>
>Uneven terrain.
>>
>>1805916
Sorry, El Presidente, retaining walls are beyond the ability of even the greatest Tropican architects.
>>
>>1802890
Me. I prefer 3 over 4.
>>
Sadly the Tropico games are too easy for me and it got kind of old. They should change something. Raiding was not fun. Everything is too goofy. And not in a good, old-fashioned way they did before.
>>
>buy 6 for a couple of euros
>play through the "story" missions
>early islands are easy but atleast different from eachother
>keep getting more and more advanced built up islands starting in modern times
>drop the game
the eras are a mistake

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.