[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: TO2.png (690 KB, 690x388)
690 KB
690 KB PNG
>reached Chapter 3 in the PSP version of LUCT (vanilla)
>battles were taking too long so I just started rushing the commander
>this eventially led me to having lvl 12-13 units going against lvl 13-15 units while outnumbered
>commander now takes all of 1 hit point
>15 at most with magic spells
>cant even grind because even the enemies in random battles are tough as nails and someone always reaches the 3 turn KO timer

I just fucked myself so anyways how was your day anon?
>>
>>1802006
>"rushing the commander", i.e. using the most efficient tactic
>the game punishes you because you weren't grinding like a good goy
That's why I don't like really much those kind of "tactics" jrpg. At least Final Fantasy Tactics has less units with smaller maps and it's less of a slog for these reasons, and I was able to finish it without grinding once because at some point the game gives you a bunch of extremely busted story characters that make all the grinding useless
>>
>>1802014

the only only outright bullshit part of tactics was

>raise your sword, Ramza

I had to do the chemist speed strat or else I would have softlocked myself
>>
File: thinking bird.jpg (243 KB, 627x470)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>1802006
I recently got into Triangle Strategy, reached the first ending (thank you based Benedict) and i'm now working my way through the other normal endings before going NG+ for the Golden Path
I'm enjoying myself immensely, although hard mode is really fucking hard if you're not farming mock battles
>>
>>1802006
Make two clerics, give them armour and fists.
Put them in a training map and put them on auto
They'll punch and heal eachother till they're level 50.
Then you can bring in your units to take potshots at them and instantly level up to your required scrub level.
>>
>>1802075

training mode is not in LUCT I think
unless you unlock it later, havent seen an option in any of the map nodes or the menus
>>
>>1802077
Looked it up, it was in the SNES/PSX version, but not in the PSP version.
Sorry, didn't know they removed it.
>>
>>1802161

I may just start over with Reborn and then go back to my Vita for the One Vision 4thnwmod
>>
>>1802006
>PSP version
sigh
>>
>>1802006
All I want is a story generator tactics game where I can do this shit forever, basically Df/rimworld/noble fates with FFT combat.

The closest is probably forever in battle, that’s got some unit relationships
>>
>>1803977
wildermyth has a little bit of that if you can put up with the art style

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.