[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yry.jpg (348 KB, 1920x950)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Will there ever be a good 4x space game that has good diplomacy and politics?
I don't know about you guys but I think sci-fi lives on the interaction between alien races, espionage, intrigue and politics.
The usual war stuff is fine but it doesn't bring much joy or stimulation anymore and I am not sure if we are there technologically to have an AI with good diplomacy.
What do you think? Am I just jaded or retarded?
>>
>>1805723
any insights, bros?
>>
>>1805723
I don't know, Shadow Empire is good they say.
Or maybe a Dune mod for Crusader Kings, if something like that even exist
>>
>>1805723
>Will there ever be a good 4x space game
No
>that has good diplomacy and politics?
I think Endless Space 2 has a good system for that but is not that good a game.
>Am I just jaded or retarded?
Probably retarded. You can test this by giving an example of a situation you want to see. Most players seem to think diplomacy just means trying to backstab each other.
>I don't know about you guys but I think sci-fi lives on the interaction between alien races, espionage, intrigue and politics.
I think sci-fi lives on the sci-fi aspects. I hate space operas and space federations.

Personally I want a space 4x with good battles. I can't think of a single one that has a good sense of battles or war.(as in multiple concurrent battles and not a series of skirmishes) I don't mean ones that are nice to look at, I mean an AI that can play properly and make ships that risk destroying your ships without needing a10x income bonuses.They don't have to be fair in the sense of everyone having an equal start, and the game doesn't have to pretend to be balanced for multiplayer when it's really mostly or entirely single player. Doesn't even have to be a 4x, it can be a tactics game or a chit using war game. The game I like most is probably Galciv 2 but I still don't like the battle system even though it sort of gives a feeling of war.
>>
>>1805723
>can do literally anything in space
>choose to make a model UN
homo nerd
>>
>>1805723
Why are mark hamil and R2 in a stellaris event?
>>
Aurora does something interesting. When you discover an intelligent species, you need to send a diplomacy ship to them. They will work on deciphering their language and make attempts at first contact. These can fail, temporarily or permanently.

Fun idea, but other than that diplomacy is super barebones.
>>
>>1805876
>can do literally anything in space
already wrong there bro, devs definitely do not let us do anything and sci fi lives on more than battles
>>1805870
>I hate space operas and space federations.
then why would you come into a thread about that
>>
>>1805836
>I don't know, Shadow Empire is good they say.
it is good, but its not what OP is looking for
>>
>>1805959
What is it then?
>>
>>1805723
>Will there ever be a good 4x space game that has good diplomacy and politics?
Distant worlds U / 2.
>>
>>1805963
>DW
actual garbage
>>
>>1805971
One of the best 4x games.
>>
>>1805957
This is a thread about space 4x not space operas
>>
>>1805975
4x game can have space opera elements, they do not exclude each other
>>
>>1805979
They do not necessarily include each other, thus this is not a thread about that.
>>
>4X
normalnigger genre
>>
>>1805993
what else is there? Gookclick or another nazi larper in HoI?
retard
>>
One day hopefully

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.