[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>quarterly operating profits of Paradox Interactive are down 90%
>their own games still earn profit but pretty much nothing else does
>cancelation of Life by You was genuinely disastrous
>only Paradox published game by other studio that makes them money is Age of Wonders 4

Grim.

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/investors/financial-reports/interim-report-january-june-2024
>>
Have they tried not being retarded
My illiterate farmer father that didn't even go to middle school has better business sense than these chimps
>>
>>1808793
>try to pozz up every franchise you acquire
>no one wants to play any of the games
wow just like Disney lol
>>
File: games.png (55 KB, 545x650)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>1808793
weird they keep shitting out hundreds low effort dlcs tranny playerbase love so much, maybe should reduce useless diversity hires and bureaucracy leeches in their multiple divisions then they they would start making money.
>>
Paradox Tinto will save them, at least in terms of actually good GSGs
some of the other games they publish will profit, it's inevitable with how many projects they have going
>>
>>1808793
Where's the funny horse ck3 dlc with bipoc and farting content? That'll save the company
>>
Eu5 will save them, nobody gives a fuck about Crusader Kings or Victoria. The Hoi4 fad ended and stellaris as a whole is a meme.
>>
>>1808793
fire all the pointless bloat of esg u dont need women or HR or commies or disabled.
stop injecting globohomo into games and just lean into the far right power fantasies.
add fun mechanic instead of black people.
litearlly just rip off the popular mods that already exist.
fix the core gameplay and engines.
fire all the community managers and just let the forums be toxic.
1 good idea between 100 racist post is better than 10 bad ideas between 100 circlejerking shitposts.
respect the player more with cheaper dlc.
the more u increase price the more pirates.
>>
>>1808793
>>1808802
>waaaaaaah waaaaaaaah paradox is LE BAD!
funny... and yet thougheverbeit no one else shant attempted thou action of generating their own god seed as evidence of thou argument....

as they say...

Jam a man of fortune, and J must seek my fortune...
>>
dont reply to me you soulless tranny demon
my ancestors used to burn freaks like you alive
>>
>>1808840
>litearlly just rip off the popular mods that already exist
This.
>>
>>1808793
profit dropped by 90% because of the write off retard
the original CEO is back, and is cleaning up the dumb bitches mess, Wester owns around 1/3rd of all PDX stock, he's got the biggest incentive out of anyone around to do a good job in the future
PDX also bottomed out recently, and is up by 17% in the last 30 days
>>
File: 1717299681839605.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Why don't they just make a GoT game?
>>
>>1808793
>Fire most staff
>Outsource all work to 10 White Latinos (in South America)
>Restart work on East vs West
Problem solved
>>
>>1808887
This, also Life by You was pozzed and had obviously completely mismanaged development. Axing it was the right move though they should have done it way earlier
>>
>>1808893
They will make a GSG based on GoT and hten people will be like
>CK mod did it better
>EU mod did it better
>We never asked for this
>>
>>1808793
>Fire everyone who is not a chud straight white male
>Put every single coin on johan EUV project
>Kill all troons and non whites
>????
>Profit
>>
>>1808793
Good maybe they will learn to make a good product.
>>
>>1808840
>the more u increase price the more pirates.
It's like a slider.... woah old paradox had it actually right after all...
>>
NOOOOOOOO I NEED MY 50000 DLCS
>>
File: 1719981273671399m.jpg (90 KB, 1024x632)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>1808816
this is why you must keep your company private. Never sell shares. Raise capital only by loans instead of investment. Basically be like Valve before Steam corrupted them.
>>
>>1808816
Use that grey matter of yours anon, those are the only areas still making them money. The danger of this is they're looking at the low effort dlc slop they released being the only thing holding them up and thinking "yes we just need to nickel and dime harder"
And the sad part is it probably won't even backfire.
>>
>>1808962
>Revenues in the quarter are mainly attributable to Age of Wonders 4, Crusader Kings III, Hearts of Iron IV, Stellaris and Victoria 3.
It's genuinely crazy how everyone jumps on the hate train thinking their narratives have been justified when just a quick skim of the report proves the opposite. The thing they all hate paradox for is the one thing still keeping them afloat.
>>
>>1808840
I pirated Stellaris recently. I was considering buying it but the price of the game is 454 leafbux and there's no way I'm paying that much money for one video game so I pirated it instead.
>>
>>1808973
expecting functionally illiterate ESLs to read is genuinely crazy
>>
>>1808793
Because they are using all their money on EU5 and that will become the most successful game they have ever made.
>>
>>1808793
>>only Paradox published game by other studio that makes them money is Age of Wonders 4
I feel like no one plays AOW4; Its subreddit is basically dead, but I'm glad they're at least making some money on it because it really scratches my fantasy itch, even if parts of it are pretty barebones (like the campaign)
>>
>>1808840
are you retarded?
The report literally says their core games already make profit, so people don't care how pozzled CK3 or VIC3 is, they still buy it.
The issue is that their published games don't make money, I guess that means Cities Skylines 2 is operating at a loss
>>
>>1808893
HBO license will cost 100 million and must be renewed every 2 years, there is no way to make it profitable
>>
>>1808984
>The report literally says their core games already make profit, so people don't care how pozzled CK3 or VIC3 is, they still buy it.
They make games for normgroids now, who either don't see the problem with or have been outright conditioned to love wokeslop
>>
>>1808840
>just make things better
Wow what a fascinating idea. How has no one thought of that before?
>>
>>1808887
What did they write off?
>>
>>1809015
So? $$$
>>
>lean into the far right power fantasies
>>
>>1809022
Their Sims clone for seemingly no reason
>>
>>1809022
Life by You and the California branch which was responsible for developing it
PDX pumped 6% on the day of the earnings report, and another 6% this Friday, investors clearly see it as a good sign that Wester is focusing on the core strategy game business
And I was slightly wrong, it was a write down, not a write off, meaning they deem it to be almost worthless, but not entirely, likely so they can reuse the assets in the future without any tax/accounting issues, since a write off would mean they aren't allowed to use it again afaik (See how Warner Bros. cancels movies at times to write them off instead, pissing off fans because they can't ever legally release it after writing it off from what I know)
>>
>>1809045
Eh I think it was a good decision, the cali studio was probably draining money and accomplishing little, Wester ended up believing so little in the game and studio, that he believes the tax advantage of writing them down will be more beneficial to the future of Paradox instead
>>
>>1808821
>>1808833
>Paradox goes bankrupt before eu5 release
Hehe
But seriously what would Johan do then? Just scrap everything and retire?
>>
>>1809054
PDX has a debt to equity ratio of about 0,37 if I didn't misread the report
They'll be fine
>>
>>1809048
>likely so they can reuse the assets in the future without any tax/accounting issues
can't imagine why, game looked and ran like absolute ass from everything they showed off
>>
>>1808840

All they need to do is get rid of the bloat, hire 10 guys from Anbennar and let Joahn direct a new Anbennar together with J and it will sell a bazillion copies.Trying to copy other companies is retarded, everyone knew millenia was gonna be a masive flop, just focus on GRAND STRATEGY and make it good, no more victoria slop, no moe space garbage. A good, low fantasy late medieval with polished mechanics a\nd production value. It bothers me so much that there isint a single person inside this fucking company management team to slap some sense into them and make shit the people actualy want to buy, its like creative assembly all over again.
>>
>>1809094
Who knows, they are probably banking on being able to salvage even a tiny portion of the assets for something else
>>
>>1808921
>They will make a GSG based on GoT
You mean like the stellaris mod gone game release of star trek? Yeah groundbreaking stuff. I can see them doing a reskin based on the mods and calling it their own again.
>>
>>1808793
good, they can either fix their shit or die, both work for me
>>
>>1809078
They're not exactly swimming in it, but they got a solid base to work from. Even if five games is a lot, and spreads the dev team a bit too thin.
>>
>still profitable after writing off $20,000,000 in a single quarter
>"dire straits"
>>
>>1809118
Don't know why they aren't going into the fantasy genre desu. Look at Total War, Warhammer is a massive fucking success.

Stellaris is basically already fantasy. Why aren't they giving us something for all the peopl who thirst for more?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.