[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: warcraft3.jpg (1.32 MB, 4032x3024)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
What's the best way to play these in 2024? Is piracy the only way? Looks like Blizzard doesn't sell it anymore... only Reforged. I only care about playing through the campaigns really, not local or online multiplayer.
I know everyone hated Reforged a lot, but:
>Why SPECIFICALLY did people hate it so much?
>Was it never fixed, either by Blizzard or modders?
I don't mind buying it on sale for $15 if it can be made into a good experience, but if it's still completely irredeemable then I guess I'll just have to resort to piracy.
>>
>>1819039
Get yourself the original disc release, then search for the “WC3 Download Archive” thread at Hive Workshop. Click the “Patch Installers” tab in the post and grab 1.26a for RoC and/or TFT. This is the last patch released before Nu-Blizzard started breaking things in preparation for Reforged years later. This is the best way to experience the single player campaigns by far. Ideally you will want to pick a 4:3 resolution since many maps and cutscenes etc will be messed up with a wider aspect ratio that they were never designed to be viewed from.
>>
File: 4r3sqrq0wtj31[1].jpg (261 KB, 600x2000)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1819039
>why is it hated
imagine you have something great. then somebody came and promised you something better. they take your great thing and shit on it and return it. its not bad, but man it smells

>Was it never fixed, either by Blizzard or modders?

the community did its best, but there was no influx of new people. Imagine if 4chan was stuck with the same people from 23 years ago and nobody new came. its shit
>online
custom games are kinda dead but you can look it up yourself:
https://wc3maps.com/live

I am on quite a few discords for custom games, like for banjo, risk, ish(ww1), rp, but the games are quite rare...
>ladder
there is the official ladder, its shit, but the guys at wc3champions made a pretty good ladder, but its dead, it simply doesnt have the numbers.

so the community tried to revive wc3 but its dead, it wont come back and your time is better spend on keeping your nostalgia for it

pirate it to play the campaign again, its very easy if you are good, if you are a scrub it can take some while
>>
If you are still uninformed by this point then you can just buy reforged at a discount/key site, turn on the classic graphics and remain blissfully ignorant as you play the campaign and try a few MP games on bnet. You won't have the the context to appreciate the damage done and absolute perfidy anyway.
>>
>>1819039
I bought it on sale just to play the campaign and I thought it was fine. Just do that.
>>
>>1819064
It forces you to download all of reforged, even if you want to play with classic graphics only. fuck that noise.
>>
>>1819066
Are you out of harddrive space or something? I mean it's your money and time, do whatever you want. Was just telling OP that I bought it and had fun with it.
>>
>>1819071
The classic graphics mode doesn’t even actually let you fully play with classic graphics, it’s dumb but there are still some reforged elements no matter what like the hideous Live2D campaign menu screens, the tranny death knight model, the censored voice lines, and others. Plus there’s no reason to have the game eating up unnecessary hard drive space when you can just get the old version and play without any of the poz.
>>
>>1819079
The old version doesn't have widescreen support. And those minuscule Reforged elements aren't as bad and glaring, you're just a retarded hater.
>>
>>1819039
If you have 0 frame of reference for the greatness of original WC3, you will miss nothing. Reforged is a much shittier, intentionally downgraded version of WC3, but the skeleton is still the same, campaign isn't too fucked up.
>>
>>1819039
I know people complained a lot about multiplayer things not working properly but personally I only ever played the campaign and:
- the game is 30 GB instead of the original 2 GB
- it's straight up uglier than the original, lots of small details lost etc even if it's all high res. I wish I had caught my genuine reaction on camera when I played for the first time because it was comedic. It starts with a pre-rendered cutscene of Thrall in his hut in the rain and I was like "wow this looks amazing" and then it cuts to the in-game graphics and I stopped for a second looking at this dogshit.
- shit performances despite being uglier obviously.
- you still can't rebind the keybinds properly and the old fan-made program to do it doesn't work on reforged.
And I stopped there, at the first map, I asked for a refund and it was refused. Also they changed the terms of the world editor to give them the property of anything you create with it which is the complete opposite of the original mentality they had when they offered the world editor in the first place. So even if it didn't affect my gameplay experience I still take into account this kind of stuff.

So at best it's not an upgrade, but really it was a straight downgrade imo.
>>
I don't understand this either. I looked into buying reforged a few months ago and was put off by all the comments on how wc3 is ruined and reforged is shit. I did buy it a few days ago and it seems the exact same. From this thread it seems people don't like the new graphics and the file size. I can't imagine a more meaningless thing to complain about, especially since you can just turn the new graphics off.
>>1819079
>the hideous Live2D campaign menu screens, the tranny death knight model, the censored voice lines, and others
Like wtf are you even saying, the game is 99% identical except for the most minor cosmetic changes. If no one told me, I would've assumed the classic graphics were the same as 20 years ago. I can't believe the old fans are genuinely so upset by these changes.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (559 KB, 800x898)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>1820240
>>1819071
>I'm blind, deaf, retarded, and refuse to research information on my own accord! I DEMAND to be fed a narrative directly and get angry when it breaks my headcanon!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1820252
So incredibly minor cosmetic changes, exactly like I said in my post. There's no headcanon here, i'm not angry, I have the same question as op and still don't have an answer to it besides literally
>muh grass textures
You called me a blind, lazy retard while proving exactly my point at the same time, while also accusing me of being angry and fragile.
>>
>>1819039
If you ever worked in an office, you might have seen hardware upgrades where people get new keyboards and they flip out because it's slightly different and they hate it. A few days later they get used to it and then it's just a keyboard again, but for those few days that they're adjusting, they'll convince you they're actually in hell and the incompetent management is deliberately tanking the company with pointless changes.
I think it's the same here, except instead of going back to work day after day and getting used to the change, wc3 players just quit and stayed salty forever. You also have to consider the overlap between the players of a 20 year old rts game and professionally diagnosed autists. It's substantial.
>>
File: rust.png (167 KB, 532x428)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>1820258
>>1820240
blizz shills have arrived
>>
>>1820254
you are arguing in bad faith to rile people up
>>
>>1820264
I'm asking in the best possible faith what the changes are that make the game unplayable and one guy literally posted a grass texture. I don't have a stake in this, I haven't played wc3 in decades, reforged looks so similar I couldn't tell the difference but threads like these are filled with people claiming the game is literally ruined and anyone who doesn't agree is a retard or a shill.
>>
>>1820273
I asked what the changes were and have now recieved three replies that ad hominem me personally while not referencing the game at all. I'm sorry this game is your life or some shit but some people are just coming back for a few custom games after decades and genuinely can't tell the difference. They're not paid shills or trying to bait (you)s, they're trying to understand the vitriol and but you guys would prefer to call people retards and tell them to kill themselves instead of just giving even a single reason.
>>
File: problems.jpg (378 KB, 814x1365)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>>1819039
>I only care about playing through the campaigns really, not local or online multiplayer.
I had to look this up on reddit because the spergs here don't know why they think what they think, they can only identify opinions that are not their own and attack them. From this list the only thing that would have any impact on your goal is the alleged bugs and performance issues, which I haven't experienced at all.
>>
>>1819048
>magine if 4chan was stuck with the same people from 23 years ago and nobody new came
wow. yes please.
>>
>>1820276
No you are not, you are a dysgenic mongoloid who are either trolling, or incapable of basic googling.
>>
>>1819039
I found this. I don't actually know if it works but it seems the community itself has been trying to make a decent patch out of the whole thing.

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/download-archive-warcraft-iii-1-30-widescreen-multi-language.352274/
>>
>>1820305
>all of 4chan is /v/ complete with MUH TRANZ RITES
all the oldfags turned into ginormous faggots
>>
>>1820240
>the game is 99% identical except for the most minor cosmetic changes
you have already admitted to being a zoomer who learned about the game a few days ago so why do you keep acting as if you know what you're talking about? You actually think filesize is the reason why the game gets so much hate?
It's also funny how you complain about ad hominem while instulting the people who dislike reforged in your very first comment as clueless oldfags. You didn't "just ask what the changes were" you gave a braindead zoomer take.
And every time someone tells you why regorged is shit you keep saying "who cares bro lmao"
There are tons of videos explaing in detail why reforged was such an attrocious failure.
Go watch them if you don't believe anything people here tell you.
>I'm not watching 3 hours of a guy explaining why reforged is bad
fine but then stop giving us your shitty takes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ICDEy-rhME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZx5VnnLMAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmm8ys83Uw&t
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxNg8hJegnk
>>
>>1820361
>so why do you keep acting as if you know what you're talking about?
I haven't though, I specifically said I don't understand and no one would give a single answer except to tell me to kill myself.
>You didn't "just ask what the changes were" you gave a braindead zoomer take.
Op asked what the changes were and no one gave a single answer that wasn't minor cosmetic changes. I added that I'd also didn't know what was changed.
>while instulting the people who dislike reforged in your very first comment as clueless oldfags
This is an insane reach and it shows you were in a bad mood before you read my comment, there is no way a reasonable person interprets my post as an insult or an attack.
>And every time someone tells you why regorged is shit you keep saying "who cares bro lmao"
Literally no one mentioned a single reason other than the grass texture guy. The bar is that the game is "ruined" and the "evidence" was a few textures and voicelines that has nothing to do with gameplay.
For the record, I'm also the guy who posted this>>1820282 because I was so confused by the spergs in this thread lashing out and refusing to actually say a single change they didn't like that I looked up.
>There are tons of videos explaing in detail why reforged was such an attrocious failure.
I got a sense of it from the reddit post, it seems a lot was changed, but this was a thread about those changes and no one said a fucking one of them. The absolute narrative you've concocted to justify your hostility is a case study in derangement. A similar thing happened when I asked gacha players what they actually did in a gacha game. They got insanely hostile and accused me of bad faith posting because they literally couldn't imagine a person that didn't live and breath their little hobby showing any interest. I said reforged feels the same as wc3 did when I was ten and I was told to kill myself because I was a blizzard shill posting in bad faith to rile people up. That's sick.
>>
>>1820277
yeah you are arguing in bad faith to rile people up.
>>
File: Archimonde.jpg (26 KB, 218x293)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1820240
>the game is 99% identical
not sure if retarded or a blizz shill
>>
>>1820385
Maybe just don't give an opinion if you're uninformed and not an actual W3-head. Reforged is dogshit and that's not some hot take for anyone who actually played before Reforged.
>>
>>1819089
>The old version doesn't have widescreen support.
You can mod it to have widescreen support, but why would you do that? Both Reforged and the mod can't take into account that the original missions, especially in cutscenes, were designed for 4:3 resolutions. They won't look right outside of those.
>>
Unironically Blizzard shills are in this thread desperately trying to get people to believe that one of the most reviled remasters of all time is actually worth buying
>>
>>1819039
Three weeks ago I put my cd keys into the battle.net website and downloaded the game - it's the Reforged client but I can't enable the new graphics. Not like I'd want to.
I've never played WC3 on the ladder before and I'm having an absolute blast. 1v1, 4v4 and FFA are all very enjoyable. I lose a lot, currently at 35% winrate in 1v1, but it never feels bad to lose in WC3 somehow - unlike, say, Starcraft 2 where losses can be infuriating.
W3 Champions feels sweatier than the official ladder. I only play Direct Strike there, it's pretty fun.
>>
>>1820679
Oh and I also modded the game to have the old Russian dub. They got a new Russian dub because of, I guess, licensing issues, and the new dub is total crap. I don't really remember the old English dub but it feels like it was also rerecorded.
>>
>>1820549
>bro reforged isn't even THAT bad
>also plz ignore that blizz stole a good product from you and replaced it with an inferior version
>>
If you were Blizzard and decided way back after StarCraft 2 that you would make Warcraft 4, what factions would you have?
>>
>>1820917
Burning Legion is the only one that's relevant and large enough that I can think of. Personally I would love an Ogre faction. Multiplayer Naga would also be pretty cool
>>
File: 1717462496571840.png (100 KB, 283x335)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>1819039
theres a general thread on >>vm right now dumbfuck gargle my fucking balls
>>
>>1819039
i still have my retail version on cd somewhere
>>
>>1821008
>I only care about playing through the campaigns really, not local or online multiplayer.
Thanks for sharing with the class retard but nobody cares.
>>
>>1820258
>>1820254
>>1820240
stick to fortnite. its more up your alley...
>>
>>1820276
youre a braindead zoomer on a post-lobotomy session.
im on the cusp on scheduling your vasectomy...
>>
>>1820917
Something like racial Orcs, Humans, Elves factions etc. with the possibility of adding auxilliaries from other races into your roster. So you could have NE Sentinels with HU mages or something like that.
>>
>>1819039
Can't speak for anyone else but I never bought that trash and they made me download it anyway. I don't know if I have the newer textures in game or not but I never asked for my game to go from a couple of gigs to like 30 for literally no visible change.
>>
>>1819048
>>1819267
>>1819521
>>1819089
>>1819079
>>1820549
>>1820679
>>1822217
On a related note, is the Diablo 2 remaster/remake/whatever also shit or is that one actually good? Haven't heard much about it.
>>
Allright , time to explain things to braindead zoomers and alphas. Warcraft 3 was a legendary game of its time. It spawned so many mods like Dota and countless other maps who were heavily played in the 2000's.
Warcraft 3 had this very pleasant art direction that was kinda low polygon, yet looked like a dark creepy cartoon- I don't know how to explain it better. The colours were pleasing to the eye... The story was superb and unmatched by any other strategy game to this day.
So when Blizzard shat out this demaster where they proudly showed how they cut every feature imaginable, how the completely and faithlessly changed the artstyle to look like a cheap Chinese gacha mobile game, removing the in-game in-engine cinematics, by censoring shit ton of voice lines, by removing custom campaigns, online ladders, and maybe the worst by removing the main menu UI with those recognizable chains that dripped soul and replacing it with a cookie cutter minimalistic menu slot, we were understandably pissed off and we still are and will forever be.
>>
>>1820352
>all of 4chan is /v/
That's pretty much true for current year 4chan anyway.
>>
The custom game scene would be in much better shape without Reforged, there are only a handful of points of light left, they also ruined Battle.net
>>
>>1819039
Reforged looks so bad, they hired some malaysian studio to do all the art and it looks like every mobile gacha garbage out there.
Most of the shit they promised were never delivered and they even managed to break classic war3.
>>
>>1820252
imagine spending 100+ manhours to improve the visuals making unimportant stuff on screen such as terrain less pronounced so that stuff that does matter like units, spells and buildings are easier to read

and then manchildren all over the world start whining the game doesn't look like a shitty 00's low-poly clusterfuck anymore.
>>
File: 1599510222118.png (157 KB, 860x860)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>1823274
>>
>>1823291
no anon, I'm just tired of you all faggots thinking you know shit about visual design claiming this was pure incompetence while they carefully and thoughtfully tried to replicate dota 2 visual changes without it being too obvious.
>>
File: 1713984095068809.jpg (75 KB, 1079x1084)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1823298
>>
They should have made a WC4 by now.
Alliance
Horde
Night Elves
Undead
Illidan - Naga, Blood Elves, Murlocs, Broken/Fallen Draenei, Satyrs
Burning Crusade - Demons, Fell Orcs

Allies Mechanic, each faction has a building which allows them to access a small number of other faction forces.
NE/Alliance, Horde/Undead, Illidan/BC.
This represents WoW sides. During campaigns, the building can change to reflect plot developments.
>>
>>1820352
Yeah. Culture War bullshit ruins everything.
>>
File: 1683331844441115.png (434 KB, 807x653)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>no more darwin's island
>>
>>1823988
>darwin's island
I'm surprised anyone remembers this one. Good on you! Interestingly, this map is semi-playable in Singleplayer. Sadly, I only have the newer versions. I would like to replay its 1.0 version.
>>
>>1823274
>>1823298
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1823638
We're never getting a WC4 and if we somehow do, it'll be the worst thing anyone has ever seen. Abysmal writing, always-online bullshit, stripped down gameplay (probably will just cut any and all base building and make the campaign exclusively hero-focused).
>>1820352
I agree, every election tourist /pol/ shitposter is an annoying newfag who can't stop yelling about trannies 24/7.
>>
>the game is ruined
>why?
>it just is okay!?
>what specifically do you not like about it
>kys shill
It has been damn near a week of this thread and no one has a fucking clue why the game is ruined lol. >>1822217
>I never asked for my game to go from a couple of gigs to like 30 for literally no visible change.
>for literally no visible change.
Lol.
>>
>>1819039
I didn't buy it, yet it turned Bnet into a malware app that seeks and destroys W3 installs and replaces them with Reforged. That version strips out the shadows and lighting from the classic mode: I have to buy Reforged to get back one of the graphics settings from 2002.
>If I re-install W3 from my discs, I have to uninstall Bnet
>>
>>1824027
Who wouldn't lol, though now I wonder if it ended up developing an autistic meta around whether protein or fibre (?) was the better resource to collect
>>
>>1819039
If you still have an old CD key, you can use it to download from blizzard and play online, but you have to download Deforged slopped graphics even though you can't use them. Most people play on W3 Champions though because nu-battlenet sucks

Cracked old version is still the ideal way to play the campaign
>>
>>1823274
Are you one of the butthurt fags that worked on Reforged? You have no future as a gamedev, you're just a jeet slop artist
>>
>>1823638
desu i'm surprised they don't just go backward in time, they have enough gay lore to reimagine the world, we have no games set right after the sundering with the founding of Quel'thalas and all human nations, big events they could center games around
>>
>>1825106
you bloody take that back saar
>>
>>1824134
The game costs 30$ and adds an extra 28GB of file bloat, removes tons of features present in the original for online like tracking most ladder statistics, seperate ques for random teammates and an arranged team, custom campaigns, and introduces tons of game breaking bugs that made online literally unplayable and the menus and remastered graphics lag to high hell. Oh and the world editor now banned all copyrighted content like dragonball and naruto and everything you make is now automatically blizzards IP when it wasn't before.

And thats ontop of forcing this as an update to the original so you can't play the OG without pirating it or using a CD install and never connecting to battlenet.

The first tournament for remastered crashed like 3 times on the remastered graphics so they switched to the original graphics and it worked fine.
>>
File: Untitled.png (180 KB, 522x489)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
oh wow that was hard
>>
where are all these zoomers who are downplaying reforged coming from?
>>
>>1826346
Nah it's just people having to try extra hard to come up with excuses to not to play RTS when WC3 is at its prime. More varied meta, online works better and w3champions custom client is even better too.
>>
I heard some rumors about a soft relaunch? No way people microsoft will fix reforge
>>
>>1826361
What is there that needs to be fixed?
>>
>>1826366
your gender for starts.
>>
>>1826335
Switching the graphics back to the OG doesn't fix the horrendous file bloat and removal of features.

>>1826348
Nigger online somehow worked worse than the original launch in 2002 for like 6 months and now its fucking dead because nobody wants to wait several months just to play a game that they used to be able to play just fine for 2 decades.

Only an actual fucking retard would somehow attempt to defend a remaster that does nothing but cut features and whos improved graphics look significantly worse than the original.

Blizzard even pulled the fucking plug on this game due to how much of a fuckup it was. They were supposed to keep supporting it.
>>
>>1826474
The original ladder had horrible delay and the meta was getting 20 years old. That reason alone made the old one way worse.
>>
>>1826482
The meta is still hot garbage, using the dreadlord is still a no go and we have shit like skill coil and manaburn still being a thing.

Also again blizzard pulled the plug the metas going to set in again and it really didn't change all that much from the last time.
>>
>>1826484
The meta is less rigid and that's all that matters here. You can still go dl 1st on some maps for fast expo /w sleep ghouls. Same can be done with cl and Happy plays that vs hu but then again it can be argued that Happy is just that good that it doesn't matter what hero he plays.

Just like in every game ever playing off-meta will be less effective but right now it's more effective than ever in wc3.
>>
>>1826509
True but the damage reforged did should not just be hand waived away like some dumbasses here thinking it wasn’t a massive fuckup. We even had balance patches and updates to warcraft III before reforged (with one update doubling the max player count in a game from 12-24) so really it wasn’t even fucking needed.
>>
>>1826666
There are still more positives than negatives if you actually play the game. People "defending" Reforged aren't defending the Reforged itself. They're just trying to tell you that Warcraft 3 is still there and you can play it. The default RTS mode is better, and custom maps have more features too.

Yes some old maps might not work and one real complaint that I would agree is is the loss of custom campaign functionality. Like sure most people probably never played a custom campaign in their lives but that was still cool. But you can still download the old version of the game for that if you really wish, WC3 was big enough that many people around the world have preserved it.
>>
>>1826805
Custom maps have some new capabilities like more slots, BNet sucks ass and is a downgrade

The amount of good things with reforged can be counted on one hand
>>
>>1826666
Oh that wasn’t even a reforged update? That was like the one good thing I could think of
>>
>>1827023
They started patching the game around 2017 I think to give us needed qol and balance updates. How naive and clueless we were at that time
>>
>>1827573
yeah and at the last patches they added a female death knight and demon hunter placeholders that looked like tranny abominations. even then i sensed their fuckery and thankfully have a 1.29.2 warcraft 3 exe ready and arhived.
>>
>>1820240
>I looked into buying reforged a few months ago and was put off by all the comments on how wc3 is ruined and reforged is shit. I did buy it a few days ago and it seems the exact same.
god I hate people like you so much
>>
>>1821233
faggatron
>>
>>1829337
The latest model. Don't make me suck your dick, kid.
>>
>>1826666
>>1827023
>>1827573
>>1828593
see >>1820350
One of the very last updates before they Refucked everything. Has widescreen and unlocked framerate. Played through the campaign again over the last week and everything worked fine.
>>
>>1826805
No they very much fucking are saying that the things reforged broke were fine and that they didn't matter did you even read the thread? The fucking positives introduced were also LEGIT PRE-REFORGED UPDATES.

>>1827022
That was an update before reforged launched it even came with widescreen support, uncapped frame rates and balance changes. We literally did not need reforged.
>>
File: image.jpg (707 KB, 2560x1440)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>1829516
>the things reforged broke
You don't play games. Your hobby is getting upset at the made up scenarios inside your head with the rest of your kind online.
>>
>>1829778
>there is a button in the menu, just like in the old game, this means that there is no difference
I'm pretty sure this guy is baiting at this point
>>
>>1829862
>got blasted
>I nearly pretended
try harder
>>
>>1829778
the menu was originally on the right side. blizzard cant get anything right....
>>
>>1829874
I have no doubt that you are also >>1826335 and >>1826366
>>
>>1829903
this bothers me more than it should
>>
>>1826805
You can't import models into custom maps now, though. It used to be that you could pull in Starcraft 2 units, and you could play as actual Goku, that sort of stuff.
>>
>>1820258
>keyboard
>hardware upgrade
Explain how you can even have better than what was used 15+ years ago.
>>
Never let the reforged update download, is the multiplayer alive enough between battlenet and W3Champions to justify it? I already have a backup of the og.
>>
What was the last unpozzed patch? 1.31?
>>
>>1837558
>>
>>1837558
>"diversity is our strength" multicultural alliance defeated the evil incels
Game is "le pozzed" since the start.
>>
File: file.png (244 KB, 327x439)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>1837730
plot would be better if the burning legion were explicitly motivated by being angry incels.
>archimonde sees jaina racemixing with BGC
>shoots up dalaran in response
>>
>>1837558
1.31. But apparently there's a game breaking bug in the campaign so 1.30 is the last decent WC3 patch.
>>
>>1840676
1.30.1 or 1.30.4?
>>
>>1840785
The same wc3connect uses: https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135760
>>
>>1840676
dont be fooled patch 1.29.2 is the last good patch. the others newer ones introduced glitches, terrain bugs and troon Death Knight and Demon Hunter models...
>>
I am too lazy to post it or check if it was posted already.
Search the archive for warcraft 3 post reforged or classic guide for the pasta with all the info and links for different game versions
>>
>>1842671
Sound effects were disabled in 1.27 because of compatibility issues with Mac and weren't restored until 1.30. You either play 1.26a for the best/intended classic experience or you suck it up and deal with the Reforged changes.
>>
File: home.png (1.83 MB, 1920x1080)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
Rexxar is my favourite champion
>>
>>1819039
get warcraft 3 version 1.31 if you want the literal last version of the normal game pre-reforged. and if you really want to, you can also have a separate installation for reforged just to see the differences yourself. there's also maps and campaigns that only work on reforged now.
>>
>>1819047
Not OP but also wanted to get into Warcarft 3, thanks.
>>
>>1845224
>hey here's your bonus campaign, oops all STR melee heroes and zero INT spellcasters
thanks blizzard
>>
>>1842908
The native widescreen fix in newer patches is such a must imo.
>>
>>1822995
it's not just that it looks like ugly gacha trash, but they're clearly not designed with RTS gameplay in mind. the models have poor readability from top down
>>
>>1846895
>looks like ugly gacha trash
You don´t even touch a gacha game in you shitty life, stop lying.
>>
File: 0910203202104-izCETDKQHYX.jpg (759 KB, 2560x1440)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
I linked my WC3 key to my battle.net account. Then downloaded the game from battlenet app. Is that version fucked as well?
>>
>>1847001
Yes, but if you have to ask then you probably won't be able to tell the difference and appreciate what was lost anyway.
>>
>>1845524
Isn't Rokkan an INT spellcaster?
>>
>>1847001
It's pretty useful. It has widescreen, the FPS isn't locked, and it's the only version that supports custom maps and campaigns that have been updated.
>>
>>1847001
>Muradin, me
>Arthas, people here telling you to not to play the game
>>
>>1847022
Spear-chuckin ranged agility. Shadow Hunter. All of his abilities are very spellcastery though, you're right, he has a chain heal, hex, AoE spell ult, etc.
>>
>>1845524
>>1847022
>>1847159
To elaborate, the permanent heroes you get in the campaign are:
>Rexxar, melee STR with a permanent melee bear
>Chen, melee STR
>Cairne, melee STR
>Rohkan, ranged AGI
>>
>the zug-zuging of zug-zugotar
>0 INT involved
Who would have thought?
>>
>>1822685 fucking well said
>>
I've been playing W3 ever since it released. The changes aren't that bad honestly, you can play with classic gfx and it looks the same as before (plus you get widescreen support, a zoom level that actually lets you see what's going on, and a keybind scheme that makes sense)

My biggest issue is that they butchered the voiceover. I've always played in spanish, and as a matter of fact, I had memorized almost all of the voicelines for literally all characters, and when they released Reforged, I was expecting to jump back in with the same voice actors I had grown fond of. That was not the case lmao.
This particularly sucks in Warcraft III as the characters will answer to each and every command with no delay between voicelines, so you're listening to them all the time. The new dub sucks, both in Spain SP and Latin SP.

Other than that, the world editor fiasco was a mess. Whilst I've never used WE a lot, a big part of playing W3 was playing the custom games... I can see what they were going for with the new WE guidelines (as they had the really profitable DotA escape from their hands due to not having rights to user generated content) but it fucking sucks nonetheless.

Anyways, it's not all bad. The campaign is there, didn't really go through a lot of changes, except for some (welcome) additions here and there, such as a few new heroes appearing in the campaign, or some changes to units here and there, standard shit for RTS.

A big part of the hate that Reforged gets is due to Blizzard not fulfilling the expectations, nor following up on the promises they made, such as the new cutscenes for instance.
>>
>>1848817
"fucking well said" indeed to saying that those "remove" thinks arestill in Reforged in reality, no life boomers...
>>
>>1849606
Try again retard, you typed gibberish.
>>
>>1849371
back to ledd it shill
>>
>>1849706
Some of what he said is correct https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/
>>
is it normal that this game is laggy as shit with the new graphics
switching to the old graphics fixes it but then it looks like shit
>>
File: 98237498239432.jpg (21 KB, 370x363)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1826361
Microsoft is certainly making a move. WC3 got recently a ton of attention, Grubby is coaching and hosting games with other streamers, all of them have been paid to do that and it wasn't Grubby who payed them.

Microsoft kinda "saved" wow, in the sense that it gained back quite a lot of popularity. So I suspect something big could be going on, maybe a soft relaunch or, hopefully, WC4 announcement. A man can only hope at this point.
>>
>>1849623
No
>>
>>1823274
>100+ manhours
cheap outsourcing to chinese bugmen doesn't count as manhours.
>>
File: moralrights.png (760 KB, 831x666)
760 KB
760 KB PNG
>>1849725
>>
>>1819039
Depends, have you ever owned the game? You can login and just download it again for free. Don't bother listening to these fags crying about Reforged. I literally have no clue wtf they're all talking about, I've owned this game since early 2000s and it's still the same game as far as I can tell. I had to download the reforged textures which was a 10-15gb dl but that doesn't matter at all in the current year.
>>
>>1819048
>its not bad, but man it smells
You this shit isn't bad? Also you fucking retards have been absolutely SEETHING about this shit for YEARS, you can't turn around and say 'it's not bad' after all that.
This is the type of utter retard that's crying about Reforged, OP. Cunts that think shit isn't bad and moan about something they don't think is bad for years and years and NEVER let go. All for something the average person will never notice.
>>
I haven't played ladder in this game since it came out 20 years ago. Are there enough noobs for me to enjoy ladder? I'm worried if I buy this shit I'll get fucking destroyed online
>>
>>1854155
Grubby regularly casts low elo games. Check his bronze heroes videos.
>>
>>1854166
I'll check it out. Also what race is the easiest/most OP? In other words, what is the protoss of WC3?
>>
>>1854229
Orc is the easiest
NE is pretty good at top play if you know what you're doing
>>
>>1854452
You are joking right? Oh wait nevermind you're just elf player.
>>
>>1855762
why would I call my own race the best?
>>
>>1855771
You implied that going keeper 1st into dh bears takes skill. Early game your root is 10s stun with 200 dmg and late you make bear dryad and just attack move the orc army.
>>
>>1822685
they charged money for this too, they thought it was worth money
>>
>>1837558
>>1837591
>>1840676
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/bugs-in-warcraft-3-since-1-31-update/6906

1.28.5 was the last pozzed one, after that went into rebalancing meme
>>
>>1822471
It's OK. Some say it is really the correct way to play D2 these days. The art direction was mostly kept very close tot he original. Character models went through DEI blender but it's not like you can see that during gameplay itself. Character pick screen is buthchered tough.
As every game these days contrast was turned down for some reasons but overall visuals are appealing imho.
>>
>>1820252
Bottom looks better, you fucking retard. It's the same style just in a higher resolution. Holy shit you people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>1820679
Yeah you still have to download Reforged even if you didn't buy it. Crazy that they didn't give it to us for free. I tried to refund the game but they said I already owned it for 15 years and got my worth out of it lol which I guess is true. I can't agree with these retards crying about reforged though. The game is still active and that's rare for a game that old. Honestly I don't know why anyone would buy a remaster but they got exactly what they deserved and need to shut the fuck up about the game so the rest of us can continue to enjoy it without getting into these pathetic fucking arguments every time WC3 is brought up.
>>
>>1822471
No, the original is perfect.
>>
File: 1662210167713301.webm (2.91 MB, 608x1080)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>1858497
> typed a blizzy bootlicker
>>
>>1858972
I'm no NPC, I didn't buy a remaster. Why'd you buy a remaster, retard?
>>
File: 1636651482762.webm (2.02 MB, 576x720)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB WEBM
>>1858974
> blizzy bootlicker seething
>>
>>1858999
YJK
>>
>>1858999
>can't answer
I accept your concession, you're just retarded. That's really a (You) problem, faggot. I didn't buy Reforged lol
The only remaster I've ever bought was the CnC remaster, and that's because it's the games NEEDED to be remastered. Understand why remastered games should exist and you won't get sucked in to buying ones that shouldn't. There, you are now slightly less retarded. Fucking retard.
>>
>>1859048
> blizzy bootlicker continues to dilate
>>
>>1859093
At this point, it looks more like you're a blizzard shill false flagging.
>>
>>1819039
Pirate it. Don't give nublizzard a single dime for butchering the franchise.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.