[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: HoloEN_Logo.jpg (10 KB, 355x142)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Does anyone else not really care about the concerts and wish they could stream more?
>>
Why are you watching idols then? Go watch some streamers
>>
>>79691011
You could always watch Nijisanji.
>>
Pretty much everyone who watches daily.
>>
>>79691011
quality over quantity
>>
>>79691011
More streams are always good, but no. Not at all. I love the concerts and special events. The anticipation. The unveiling of each group performance throughout, the performances themselves... all top tier content creating peak tension and excitement.
>>
>>79691011
Just an annoying minority that don't watch streams in the first place.
>>
>>79691011
I don't particularly like the concerts, and I'm not exactly a fan of idol music to begin with.
I really don't get the appeal.
In fact, I'm actually curious if the people who do watch the concerts actually like the music, or if they just want to see their oshi.
>>
I felt this way in the past. Now with 4 gens I'm content and have more than enough backlog.
>>
>>79691011
Yes I prefer regular streams over big events
Holofes once a year is nice but they keep increasing the recording burden on talents and it's cutting into their stream time really badly
>>
It just means that you are a subhuman shipfag and new material for your shipfaggotry is all that you care for
>>
>>79691209
I don't like concerts but I like watching my oshis having fun.
>>
>>79691011
Yes, me. I don't care about idolshit, cons, 3D streams, etc. I just wanna spend time with my oshi, and if she wasn't in Hololive I wouldn't even bother with corpo shit at all.
>>
I don't mind concerts as long as they don't interrupt stream schedules . . which they usually do >:c
>>
>>79691096
>idols
YWNBW
>>
>>79691011
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/vtuber
>>
I would sacrifice concerts if it means we'd never get postponed streams again because why the hell do we need to postpone ANIME GIRLS PLAYING VIDEOGAMES THATS ALL YOU NEED TO DO ITS THAT EASY JUST STREAM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
>>
>>79691568
No.
>>
>>79691011
converts will always be a thing sadly, the JP side invests a lot in it, so its only natural for them to utilize the EN side as well.
For me, i wish they did more Merch instead of concerts.
>>
The question is whether concerts/music drive merch sales more than streams do. Nothing matters other than merch sales.
>>
>>79691011
Yea, at least until the 3D tech evolves to allow for more facial expressiveness. There's no soul in 3D performances presently.
>>
>>79691011
holo is like one of the few companies that constantly puts out 3D shit so you can watch your oshi fumble around unathletically like a cute retard.
Just watch literally anyone other than Hololive if you want streams. There's literally chuubas that give you what you want, but you people refuse to watch them.
>>79691613
Holo has a merch drop for every single talent every few months+birthday+anniversary+gen anniversary+concert promotional merch+collaboration merch+event merch, etc. Most indies can afford to do 1 merch drop per year and sometimes they lose their ass on it if they get scammed by middlemen. It's just that holo has limited stock, rare reruns, and shipping is ass.
>>
>>79691011
The months of intermittent streams is a big negative but there are enough fans that will pay thousands of dollars on concerts that it makes financial sense for Hololive.
>>
>Phasecucks larping as Hololive fans
>>
>>79691514
anon... it's YWNBAJ
>>
>>79691767
You'd think so. But somehow, I get the impression that a lot of Cover's business decisions aren't motivated by careful analysis and consideration, but by "Well, this is just how we do things, so..."
>>
>>79691011
Dear sister, you need to understand that herding only works on your kind... We have plenty of content to not be affected, unless you're a schizo targetting a specific streamer to bitch about what the say live...
>>
>>79691613
It's easy for JP to put in an occasional day at the studio and then return to their comfy house. EN has to put their life on hold to travel and record non stop for days while experiencing culture shock. Simply getting dinner after having their social battery overloaded all day is a massive chore.
>>
>>79691613
Yeah, merch sales for those events are pretty massive. Stream watching is a niche and will always be a minority of the support. The biggest supporters will be stream watchers of course, but there will be far more people who just show up for big events.
>>
>>79691011
Suisei doesn't agree with you, who do you think you are to go against the pride of hololive nigga?
>>
>>79691767
Nah. Concerts/irl events are more than just being an avenue to sell merchs.
>>
>>79691011
Yes and less male collabs too
>>79691096
Because Hololive should be at the top when they're behind other agencies in streaming hours
>>
>>79691011
I wish they could stream less and do more concerts.
>>
>>79691096
>Hololive
>idols
Look, I'm a Holofag and a unicorn just like you but they're never gonna be idols since half of them are mid tier singers at best. There is no idolshitter crowd either, people just want streams and GFE. It's that simple.
>>
>>79691011
Same. All the focus on dancing and choreography seems insane when the camera constantly cuts away anyway.
>>
File: 376562165679656.png (156 KB, 1602x902)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>79691880
>Cover's business decisions aren't motivated by careful analysis and consideration
They're a publicly traded company, they have to report on revenue breakdowns and merch eclipses streams easily.
>>
>>79691011
As long as there's clips I'm good either way.
>>
>>79691011
Nijisanji, phase connect, idolEN and indies on twitch arr RIGHT THERE for you to watch.
go watch them instead because hololive isn't for you.
don't waste your time trying to like something you clearly don't.
>>
>>79692292
You act like merch sales wouldn't exist without concerts. That's nonsense.
Also, countless Japanese companies are publicly traded. Those same companies are also susceptible to business by stupid traditions, habits, internal politics, and other forms of "that's just how we do things here."
>>
File: 1661543871486.jpg (647 KB, 1400x1240)
647 KB
647 KB JPG
>>79691260
Seethe
>>
>>79691113
>>79691136
>>79691196
>>79691260
>>79691540
>>79691871
Why are sisters like this
>>
>>79691011
I like both. And there are enough talents to keep you occupied during the drought from your favorites.
>>
>>79691568
Based. This anon gets it.
>>79691963
This anon has no idea what we unicorns want. Just stream and don't collab with males. Simple as.
>>
The problem aren't the concerts, the problem is bad management which doesn't get game perms, hires whores that don't want to stream, are bad at it or even worse, want total nijification.
>>
>>79692290
It's also all prerecorded and cringe as fuck
>>79692393
>Nijisanji
Whoa nigga I'm not watching your m*les
>>
>>79691011
Music is the least entertaining part of their brand.
These autistic women need to get over their pretended insecurities and ask for more collabs. That's where the real fun is.
>>
>>79691568
then go watch other streamers. this is hololive
>>
Man, lots of Hololive fans seem to be pretty anti-streaming in here.
Guess we should expect that to be the future of Holo - no more streams, just concerts once every four to six months.
And nobody will complain, right, /vt/? Because real Hololive fans don't care about streams?
>>
File: 8a73105f8d9411551516f5.jpg (229 KB, 1141x598)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
If the girls don't wanna do idol stuff or concerts they can always leave and stream somewhere else
>>
i don't know how you can see a product, read a label that says
"Does idol stuff", purchase the product then complain that they should do less idol stuff or remove it entirely.
why even watch them in the first place?
>>
>>79691096
It's insulting to call this cushy job being an idol
>>
>>79692728
I don't, and it's pathetic, because idolshit is inherently cringe. We just want comfy streams after our shitty days and no males. Simple as.
>>
File: postingcringe.png (175 KB, 326x439)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>
File: 1710142284100923.png (120 KB, 644x374)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>79692728
>>
>>79692728
Post hands.
>>
>>79692831
>We
>>
>>79692279
>Hololive
>providing GFE
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>79692728
>Man, lots of Hololive fans seem to be pretty anti-streaming in here.
Serious theory.
If you liked streams, and Hololive doesn't stream much, you'd probably leave and watch someone who streams.
The anti-streaming fans are those who are left.
>>
>>79691011
Yes. I don't hate the concerts and don't even mind a reduction of streams while the talents are busy with them, but for a lot of talents it's less of a reduction and more of a temporary hiatus and that sucks.
>>
>>79692831
>idolshit is inherently cringe
I wouldn't call it inherently cringe, but it does nothing for me, yeah.
>>
>>79692728
or, we leave it how it is right now.
OP is either a sapfag or a disgruntled ruffian.
>>79692831
you aren't a unicorn, stop larping. go watch shondo or something and stop watching hololive
>no
then stop bitching because it won't change.
>>
>>79692847
Not this time, memeshitter. They're literally saying "You want to watch streams? If you want streamers, go watch someone else, we're here for idols."
>>79692705
>>79692251
>>79691096
>>
>>79692921
Imagine investing into prerecorded shit tier singing and dancing, couldn't be me
>>79692938
It's supposed to you fucking tourist.
>>
File: 1719552365341.jpg (225 KB, 994x672)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>79693042
>random seethe at my daughterwife
OK tranny
>>
>>79692279
> they're never gonna be idols since half of them are mid tier singers at best
Most idols are mid tier singers at best. Usually worse. Where did people get the idea that idols need to be decent at dancing or singing from?
>>
>>79692430
Look at it in the perspective of the talent bro. No one's going to put in more hours streaming if you can make similar amounts of money investing in merch and brand sponsorships.
The infrastructure is there. The work hours are better. Sponsored streams are time limited which means you don't have to stream for hours on end hoping for premium subscriptions or donations. The money is just preloaded and your core audience will always show up.
Unless your oshi enjoys streaming as an activity, they actually have no incentive at all to stream more beyond growing and advertising their brand.
It sucks, but that's what it is. Hololive has moved beyond streaming, and if you disagree, look at the casual holo fanbase immediately buy out any Gura merch on day 1 despite the lack of streams. They're literally just buying the brand and there's so many holofans who are clipwatchers who don't watch streams in the first place. This happens with any big streamer. They all go into merchandising and reduce streaming because the hours spent streaming are no longer giving them a return that is worth it.
>>
>>79691011
No. I'm here for the music.
>>
>>79693002 (me)
Further, people only care about the concerts because their oshis are in it, and the chuubas are only their oshis because the fans have had stream time to bond with them. No streams = no point, IMO
>>
>>79693198
Watch Eurovision. The production levels of those mog the shit out of Holoslop """concerts."""
>>
>>79693091
No, it's not, retard. Idolshit is what the direction of the company has always been about. The only true GFE Hololive ever had was fucking Rushia, and we all know how that turned out.
>>
>>79693171
Mask off i guess, why are you in this thread then
>>
>>79693208
>Look at it in the perspective of the talent bro. No one's going to put in more hours streaming if you can make similar amounts of money investing in merch and brand sponsorships.
Look at it in the perspective of me.
I don't care about that.
>>
>>79693275
>Watch trannyfilled political clown fiesta
Nta but no, thanks
>>
>>79693355
It's pozzed but it isn't soulless prerecorded trash
>>
>>79691011
I don't give a shit about concerts but I also don't watch Hololive anymore.
>>
>>79693275
Eurofag why are you seething now that you have Europoor gen to watch?
>>
File: whyderman.jpg (79 KB, 800x613)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>Hmm I don't like idolshit and just want to watch anime girl streamers play video games
>I know! I'll watch the ONE big vtuber corpo known for leaning into idolshit and putting on lots of concerts!
What did OP mean by this?
>>
File: 1717804074635.png (267 KB, 489x554)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>79693292
Because I had the highest standards for Hololive and no one except maybe Gura, Fauna, Biboo, and Ceci can get the job done right. The """top""" agency KWAB
>>
>>79693293
And unfortunately, stream watchers are only ever going down in metrics in a post-lockdown world. Want more streams? Don't buy merch, don't buy concert tickets, and never donate.
>>
>>79693293
Well that's fine as long as you understand that your opinions wont change anything
>>
people who demand more streams, despite the fact that EN has almost 20 members for them to catch up now, are clearly clipfags, they never support hololive in the first place
it's easy to fall for the "can't you see that they stream less" trap, but you gotta keep reminding yourself that hololive is all about multifaceted talents not bound by livestreaming
>>
>>79693208
Except this isn't just a case of "branching out into merchandising." The effort that goes into production for live events is way, waaaay more than streaming, not less. And with relatively few exceptions, the girls only do it because they have to. And clipwatchers don't buy merch or CDs, and won't even be able to watch clips without streams. Gura became popular because of her funny videos, not because of her concert appearances.
Nobody on Earth could seriously believe Hololive could end streaming or video creation today and survive just on concerts, but that's the reasoning we're being fed here.
>>
>>79693470
Let's look at the other alternatives
>Vshojo
>Phase Connect
>Nijisanji
Yeah, I think I'll stick with Holo even if they don't stream as much as I'd like.
>>
>>79693470
Tourist please, Hololive is a CGDCT agency and should operate as one without failure. That's what I signed up for when Gura debuted.
>>79693469
What are you on about faggot, I said Ceci was good.
>>
File: 1719815790605.png (3.94 MB, 1664x2432)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
>>79693567
Phase Connect isn't bad. Pic-related sings better than all of Hololive too
>>
>>79693496
>Don't buy merch, don't buy concert tickets, and never donate.
Cover sees the drop in revenue and doubles down on what makes them the most money which is concerts and merch lol
>>
>>79693483
Oh, i should've known that you are just baiting, good luck i guess
>>
>>79693275
Holo concerts are meant to be similar to JP idol concerts, not Western events
>>
>>79693561
The tourists don't know that Hololive was literally founded as a streaming company. Them exploring other avenues are all risky copes that have managed to drag on long enough. By contractual means, the primary obligation of the Holo girls is to FUCKING STREAM. And don't piss your fans off too. But only a few of them get that memo, why?
>>
>>79691011
>Thinly veiled phaseshill thread
>>
if hololive was a streams only corpo, they would be below nijisanji, all the current holos wouldn't be here and cover would basically be a restricted vshojo.
why would the current roster of holos join here when they would make even more as indies + stream whatever the fuck they want?
have you thought of that?
i forgot you people rarely think, my bad.

this is a bait thread.
>>
>>79693598
>That's what I signed up for
No one cares what (You) signed up for, and no one will care if you leave
>>
>>79691011
I don't mind concerts. What I do mind, however, is a third of the year spent on JP arcs causing tummy hort, then the girl heals up just in time for another JP arc and so on and so forth. All of them are constantly overworked, all of them are constantly blowing their voices out, none of them gets to settle the fuck down.
>>
File: 1662024797702.png (338 KB, 651x543)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>79693730
Nah I want cute girls doing cute things. Hololive used to be able to perfect it but now only a few girls can master it now.
>>79693737
YWNBJ
>>
>>79693384
DYRBI
>>
>>79693831
More like they'd be the top of the world because their job is to fucking stream and don't collab with males
>>79693833
I'll still watch the girls that do their jobs bro. No need to get defensive sister
>>
File: manjigumi.jpg (529 KB, 2870x2150)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
>>79693802
>primary OBLIGATION
lol lmao even
>>
>>79693554
It’s just shitposters. Perhaps some newfags who have never experienced the ‘21 ‘22 content drought, but I doubt newfags are even that dumb
HoloEN has been streaming more often than they ever did pre Advent, especially with Justice filling out EU hours
>>
>>79691011
I don't hate them or anything, definitely think they should happen, but to be honest I'm feeling a bit burnt after last year. I was so excited to see them get this special treatment for once, and you could feel them being happy in anticipation too. Then it came, very super prerecorded, went by, and all of them were just like, "concert? oh yeah, that was a thing I guess..." I don't know why but it made me a bit sad.
>>
>>79693931
Eurovision isn't prerecorded cunt
>>79693993
Tourist please, people like you are why people laugh at nu-Holofags. Where's the fucking demand for streams, where's the accountability? People like you are why Hololive is losing relevancy now.
>>
>>79693561
> And with relatively few exceptions, the girls only do it because they have to
Source: it came to me in a dream even though many girls said how they love concerts and their atmosphere before
>>
>>79693561
>The effort that goes into production for live events is way, waaaay more than streaming, not less.
For technical staff yes, but for talents, absolutely not. It's like 4-6 hours of recording(most of which that can be done remotely) and a few hours mocap rehearsal a month and you get to fuck off and do whatever you want for the rest of your time.
Hololive has already built their brand and established themselves. Gura is the face of vtubing and can fuck off for several months at a time.
There is no incentive for legacy and older Hololive members to stream more because it's all diminishing returns. That's simply it. Unless your holo oshi enjoys streaming itself, you're not going to see more streams once they build their brand to a certain level where they can coast on merch drops.
Again, not even Hololive specific phenomenon. Mainstream flesh streamers do this as well. It's better money for less hours invested.
>>
>>79693994
Why hasn't Gura streamed regularly then? Outside her obvious beef with management, why not?
>>
>>79693554
No they are worse than clipfags, they watch only 1-2 people in holo and don't watch/anti everyone else. Thats why this thread was created for example. They want THEIR oshi to stream and no one else
>>
>>79691011
It depends, I do like an event every now and then, but some talents are much better streamers than they are singers/dancers and I wish they focused on that.
I'm talking about girls like fauna, ame, ina, kronii. I don't mention any jp talent because even though they join events all the time, they stream a lot too
At the end of the day, it's up to the talent to decide what they want to do. I don't think Cover pressures them to perform
>>
>>79694177
>Gura is the face of vtubing and can fuck off for several months at a time.
This is why Hololive has fallen. Why apologize for this shit?
>>
File: June2024.png (54 KB, 720x470)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>79694084
>Hololive is losing relevancy now
lol lmao even harder
>>
>>79694234
Nigga I'm not gonna watch the whores
>>
>>79694355
Based
>>
>>79694234
actual nijisister behavior, company is your oshi
>>
>>79694084
> why Hololive is losing relevancy now
>Meanwhile both Hololive’s CCV, revenue and watch hours have been increasing
Come on, sister. At least shitpost with facts and data. Otherwise people might queue up to “lose relevancy” (roru)
>>
>>79694340
Translate it weeb
>>
File: 1719431128179.jpg (36 KB, 640x737)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>79694234
>please watch the whores who stream with males regularly, they're in Hololive t-ACK
No
>>
>>79694210
Gura isn’t the only streamer in HoloEN. She might be burnt out or busy - whatever you choose to believe - but there are 8 new members to fill the gap
>>
>>79694340
/thread
>>
>>79694286
I'm not apologizing. I'm just explaining the status quo. This is how high end streamers operate. They are brands. They exist to sell shit.
This is why people tell stream watchers who want personalized interaction to watch literally anything but hololive. It's just a waiting game. You get streams at the start because holos needs to build an audience, but once they have that, they will fuck off unless they enjoy the activity of streaming and talking to chat.
Watch indies, watch small corpo chuubas, watch people who enjoy the act of streaming and not the money that comes from it.
>>
>>79694355
>>79694404
>>79694500
BASED
>>
>>79694340
Jesus. Why even bother joining corpos other than Hololive? Might as well switch careers.
>>
>>79694507
Her entire gen is a failure though
>>79694543
Sad. I've been watching indies and small corpos a lot more lately. Holoslop isn't for me but wow they really forgot their roots of what made them great. Sad.
>>
>>79694423
Hololive good. Not Hololive bad.
>>
>>79694565
Because they stream regularly and don't piss their fans off every day unlike nu-Hololive.
>>
File: 1718398528834596.webm (3.8 MB, 1280x720)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB WEBM
>>79691011
Nah, I've been into it since Beyond the Stage
It actually pulled me in more from casual viewer status to real fan.
Seeing Miko this year made me fall in love a 2nd time with her.
It's good if your oshi leans into that sort of thing.
There's plenty options if not though.
>>
>>79694413
like i said above.
this is a bait thread to make CGDCT and unicorns look bad.
because god knows they are more popular than ever and will continue to grow within the coming years.
the 20k waiting que that reached max capacity for people trying to buy tickets for a 2 day event is enough proof that what cover is doing is worth it.
>>
>>79691613
Oh boy chunko pops and acrylic stands!! I just love corpoplastics
>>
>>79694766
Nigga please we just want streams and no pozzed males. How hard is that for you to comprehend?
>>
>>79693554
What if you only have one oshi?
>>
>>79694766
Guarantee you it's just another pippa connect shill thread because they can only shill their sluts by trying to drag down Hololive.
>>
>>79694692
I don't get why people aspire to be failures when they can be winners in life by joining Hololive.
>>
>>79691613
>just buy the heckin overpriced low quality slop while your oshi collabs with more males goy
No
>>
>>79694565
Holo only accepts 4-5 girls every 1.5-2 years, anon…
>>
>>79694836
Exactly. I'm not interested in 20 streamers. Or "idols."
>>
>>79694824
>the bot keeps saying the same thing
here's your (you) and im hiding this retarded thread.
>>
File: 1619246762287.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>79694889
Nigga actually thinks you're wnner by doing nothing
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>79694893
>>79694824
Take the dick out of your mind, son. You've been spamming the same replies on cooldown.
>>
>>79694971
I accept your concession
>>
>>79691011
Kys pebble and sapling fags. Literally all fans want Concerts except you faggots
>>
File: 1678502167603.png (340 KB, 860x1126)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>79695012
Stay mad sister. Hope you like the daily homo collabs
>>
File: 1705360490318.jpg (48 KB, 553x554)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>79691011
I *like* the concerts, just not enough to make it worth it for me with everything I lose out on and the stress/burnout/sickness it causes on the girls who aren't built for that sort of thing. The problem is that the concerts make Cover boatloads of money between tickets, merch, virtual tickets, and SCs given in celebration of the big day. But no, I'd take a week or two more of streams 9 times out of 10 if I had the choice.
>>
>>79695072
Chill, its a phasefag falseflagging as usual
>>
File: 1698879985336.png (355 KB, 581x570)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>79695072
>random seethe at the 2 most based fanbases
YWNBAW
>>
>>79695116
You're the only one who can't stop mentioning them. Why are you so obsessed with dick?
>>
File: 1639052902714.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>79694974
>>
>>79692831
>we
calm down kronus
>>
File: 1692119144147.png (428 KB, 1088x635)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>79695173
>random seethe at Phase
Who hurt you tranny?
>>
>>79695251
And he reveals himself
>>
>>79695133
puddle...
>>
>>79695251
phasecuck bro...
>>
File: 1650746278149.png (507 KB, 1034x601)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
>>79695197
I'm not a cuck who tolerates male sex pests in VTubing.
>>
File: 1670910509977.png (99 KB, 398x295)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>79695282
>he reveals himself
>>
>>79695325
>Unironic reactionimg spammer
Where the fuck did you come from? /v/?
>>
>>79691011
I guess? But I did enjoy Marine's concerts a lot, like last year one that ended up with bishoujo muzai or her retro one. I think they were really good, but I'm also eop so I won't watch usual streams and there is nothing to lose for me.
>>
File: 1640980415389.webm (2.9 MB, 640x360)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>79691011
the concerts don't really feel relevant to my interests
except for the ones that can actually sing
>>
File: 1699112115896570.jpg (134 KB, 850x1180)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>
>>79691011
If the girls want to do concerts then whatever, if they don't then they shouldn't be pressured and allowed to do just streams.

I have a bigger problem with Cover still developing their metaverse shit and whoring out the talents to any sponsor under the sun because that serves no one and also impacts stream regularity
>>
File: 1689404861724490.jpg (150 KB, 850x1203)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>
File: 1706286940952.jpg (107 KB, 1380x1680)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>79695314
Yeah, the puddle arc was brutal and entirely unsurprising.

Yes, if you take a girl who functions best with her regular routine and make her live somewhere away from her pet and comfortable home environment, eat poorly because she's vegan in a country that barely knows vegans exist, deprive her of sleep due to crunching super hard trying to fit in recordings for Holofes, Connect the World, her birthday AND appearances in other birthdays all on top of catching Covid it shouldn't exactly be a shock that she basically implodes and needs to recover.
>>
File: 1707953782793200.jpg (155 KB, 850x1416)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>
File: 1717541409199082.jpg (127 KB, 850x1511)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>
>>79694971
>having to announce you're leaving
You literally can't control yourself, you literally can't stop engaging in these retarded arguments despite knowing they serve no purpose and bring you a net negative.
>>
File: 1689726882860482.jpg (215 KB, 850x1202)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>
>>79695807
>>79695861
>>79695949
>>79696029
Cute images, but what's the link with the thread?
>>
>>79692279
Have you never heard of AKB48? they have a hundred members and only like two of them can hold a note while singing, and they are idols
>>
>>79691011
Don't really care for vtuber music. I mean for the most part it's okay but nothing to write home about. Same goes for concerts
>>
>>79696150
lmfao what
janny, did your finger slip?
>>
File: 1701037025110959.jpg (198 KB, 850x1202)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>
>>79693275
Eurovision has idols?
>>
File: 1692620359234676.jpg (463 KB, 700x1000)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
>>
File: 1710358430712535.jpg (131 KB, 850x1133)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>
>>79691011
At least for EN yes somehow i do. It's just because each concert the amount of stream REALLY plunder Like those who will appear for a concert goes missing for like a whole month? and it's not like there are many stream in the first place, well at least it give time to watch the 3 new girls.
>>
File: 1704561378111992.jpg (124 KB, 850x1142)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>
Nope, if I only wanted to watch womyn play video games badly I'd be a phasebrown or some other subhuman.
Thankfully, my skin is white.
>>
>>79691011
yes, it's a lot of investment for 2 or 3 songs
>>
File: 1693858760061662.jpg (219 KB, 836x1199)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>
>>79691011
That's a poorfag sentiment
>>
File: 8vm63k.jpg (62 KB, 524x499)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Thread Summary
>>
File: 1703748491070427.jpg (111 KB, 850x1132)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>
Suisei has more power, influence and importance than the entirety of the English branch combined. If she wants music and dance to be a priority, then so it will be. As long as your EN sluts stay in their fucking lane, then they can stream to their heart's content and only participate in Cover's mandatory events.
>>
Your oshi is focusing on events instead of streaming? Just drop them and find someone else. There's a fuck ton of vtubers you can choose from. You don't like how hololive is doing things? Just fuck off and leave.
>>
File: 1694734682979827.jpg (137 KB, 850x1143)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>
File: 1702447876481975.jpg (101 KB, 850x1202)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>
File: 1699430003294535.jpg (198 KB, 850x1202)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>
>>79696724
That's legitimately the correct answer and the reason I mostly stopped watching holos Except for CC now but this board will treat you like some kind of freak if you do that
>>
File: 1690620021765320.jpg (138 KB, 850x1202)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>
>>79696625
https://hololivepro.com/en/about/
Where?
>>
File: 1709553074212587.jpg (117 KB, 850x1177)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
Fauna should just do weekly ASMR instead of wasting time on singing which she's bad at
>>
>>79696625
Yeah but they first succeeded by having entertaining streamers. People were joking about them being comedians at the start.
>>
File: 1704143898095792.jpg (604 KB, 824x1200)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
>>
>>79691011
Go back to twitch faggot
>>
>>79696625
They don't even call themselves an idol company anymore except as a running bit, that ship sailed years ago
>>
File: 1712312405343111.jpg (163 KB, 850x1202)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>
File: 1692711512635581.jpg (85 KB, 850x662)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
File: 1705872236705735.jpg (125 KB, 850x1204)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>
I for one am pretty bummed I'm missing my Advent oshi first concert. I wish I could be there to support her. The stream will still be fun tho I loved last year's. There's plenty of streams across 4 gens to go around bros. Try not to act so spoiled for choice
>>
>>79693831
>>79693470
>>79693281
>>79692772
>>79692705
>>79691096
>>79691113
>>79696724
>>79696625
>I wish this group of talented and funny performers would do the thing that attracted me to them to begin with instead of shoehorning in this other thing I don't like
>Why don't you just watch this shittier group instead?
>Because they're shitty?
>OMG, you're stupid!
>>
>>79691011
You should get the fuck away from hololive and then kill yourself
>>
>>79691113
Good idea, thanks.
>>
>>79693091
>pre-recorded
hi quest
>>
>>79696708
and one Ado is equal to ten Suishit
>>
File: 1719801370406820.jpg (86 KB, 850x374)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
>>79694084
Hololive concerts aren’t pre-recorded either with the exception of holofes, dipshit
>>
>I love my idol Pekora, who is primarily known for her idol activities and her songs!
Concerts are an addition, they should never get in front of the main thing, which is streaming and entertaining their audience on a somewhat constant basis. No one would attend those concerts in the first place if they weren't attracted to chuubas personality on stream in the first place.
Or are you gonna tell me there are anons that have Suisei as an oshi and never watched her streams, because she is an aidoru first and foremost? I'd argue they are bigger retards than Michael Gato fans.
>>
BVTM discord server thread
>>
File: 1688468251880307.jpg (214 KB, 850x1987)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>
>>79697463
Are they diluting their brand?
>>
>>79694034
>Then it came, very super prerecorded, went by, and all of them were just like, "concert? oh yeah, that was a thing I guess..." I don't know why but it made me a bit sad.
Huh? That only applies to the girls who never did post-fes talks, there were plenty of girls who talked about the concert trip and performance more than that.
>>
>>79691011
No.
>>
Most of the girls want to do the idol shit so it's for them as much as it's for us. If you don't care about, it then just watch someone like fauna who knows she can't sing and doesn't want to go to japan if she can get out of it.
>>
Holofags have got to be the most paranoid fanbase in existance, this is like the most mild dissenting opinion ever and there's multiple meltys happening itt.

Concerts maybe be pretty mundane now but if cover's head gets too big from all the success they're going to hit a wall eventually and things will start tanking fast. See every industry ever that ran out of new markets to break into but needed the line to keep going up eternally because shareholders would riot otherwise
>>
>>79697947
>Changes to a product or brand identity undermining what initially attracted loyal customers, leading to dissatisfaction or alienation.
Sounds about right, though this will only apply to those who were attracted to their streams first. People attracted through the idol stuff won't mind it so it means you are no longer their target audience especially for newer gens. You can see this with erb with Cover testing the waters in just having a talented singer while acting as a way to promote holostars inside hololive.
>>
>>79691011
Oh i found you >>79693851
>>
I honestly care little for streams, I enjoy the idol larp. I’m a long time idol fan and find the streaming format rather cringe, might be why I’m okay with fewer streams and more variety.
>>
>>79698291
They saw the result from ReGloss after thinking they can finally do it after their failure with virtual singers first like Azki, IRyS.
>>
>>79691011
Based.
>>79691096
FPWP.
>>79691113
Aaaand immediate deflection lmao this board is a joke
>>
File: .png (147 KB, 675x1088)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
Which ones are idols? It's an idol company after all, so it should have a lot of idols right?
>>
>>79698516
>though this will only apply to those who were attracted to their streams first
The issue is that's most people. The idol stuff has always been for the fans with extra disposable income who go to the concerts to support the personas they got to know through streams, if people really wanted idols they'd watch idols, Cover is smart enough to know this and doesn't bank on being an "idol company," in their most recent financials they mention becoming an "IP company"
>>
>>79691011
I don't care much for the concerts or the music but I do understand the importance of the building of the culture.

If Hololive didn't have concerts and stuff to tie all the branches together it would be just a bunch of isolated fandoms and talents all be doing their own thing.

It's the equivalent of doing those team building exercises, it might feel BS but it helps the girls' make bonds and all that.
>>
This thread is so fucking funny now that I think about it. Hololive's streaming hours are so fucking inconsistent that they call Biboo and Koyori "endurance streamers" when they're live just as much as the typical non-holomem vtuber. Sure you could argue that Kaela is a freak of nature but she's still not THAT much of a juggernaut and has to rely on variety. Whereas plenty of vtubers can do what Nerissa did the other day... All the time. 10 hour streams are nothing if you're known for STREAMING and not content. Nobody fucking cares about VODs for most Twitchtubers for this reason.
>>
>>79691011
No I wouldn't be watching the only company doing idol activities and streaming if that were the case. Idol is a huge part of their identity and what sets them apart from other agencies.
>>
>>79691011
You should blame Kiara. Wasn't Kiara the one nagging the management about giving EN more concerts?
>>
>>79699057
I don't know about everyone else, but if I was working at a company that regularly insisted I stop doing actual money-making work and fly half way across the world, spend day after day training and practicing, all just to make a 10 minute appearance at a virtual concert, I wouldn't feel "bonded," I'd feel extremely resentful.
>>
>>79699227
Basically every JP vtuber agency also does concerts in some capacity.
VOMs is the only one I can think of that doesn't and that's one of the reasons Pikamee left. So she went to Vshojo who ALSO does concerts
>>
>>79699469
>that regularly insisted I stop doing actual money-making work
Except, if you've even taken a single look at their financials, concerts and the related merch bring in shit loads of money. Like, by a pretty large amount. Merchandising is what brings them lots of money, not just streaming. But you're just here to stir shit and act like a retard on purpose so I don't know why I'm bothering.
>>
>>79699469
At this point that is the shit you signed up for, if you want Hololive fame and money better expect to fly over there and work your ass off.

Money making work? This idol shit building the Hololive brand, a brand that Cover can sell to sponsors to make way more than what youtube ads and superchats can pay. Slap on a Holo on cup ramen and that shit flies off the shelves over ones that don't have it. This is marketing 101.
>>
Nobody wants to admit that Holostars are better at keeping up the idol bit than Hololive AND they stream more consistently.
>>
Who will be the first "Fat Elvis" vtuber who signs on to holo and fucking dies from doing too many concerts
>>
>>79691011
I wish Eminem streamed more...
>>
>>79700184
>AND they stream more consistently.
That's definitely not true, the more popular Holostars like Bettel and Altare have streaming frequency issues too. Happens to all the older gens, which is why new gens are debuted to replace them.
>>
>>79700184
holostars JP yeah not fucking EN kek
even then they still got aruran so not really
>>
>idols
>cringe
Fuck off back to your drama streamers
>>
>>79691871
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>79700003
>>79699848
Holomems get money on their personal merch, not Coffee cups with a blue triangle on it. And they can move personal merch just fine without busting their asses for concerts that are only going to be attended by the exact same people who would already have watched their streams in the first place.
Nobody is saying concerts don't make money. The question is "Couldn't they make just as much money without spending so much money and man-hours that could be used for other things that don't detract from the primary product?" Cover is convinced concerts are the way to go, but it's a product I'm not interested in.
>>
>>79700347
>Happens to all the older gens, which is why new gens are debuted to replace them
I wonder why this is such a consistent thing, it couldn't have anything to do with older gens doing most of the concerts and sponsorships right?
>>
>>79700446
It makes alot of money but the people that attend it are the same people who watches streams. Singing and idol stuff have always been a secondary focus of fans, since if it was people wouldn't attend to watch talent's that doesn't have talented singing ability like ame.
>>
>>79691011
I wanna say that this is why I don't really watch Holos these days, but then I remember that Peko and Miko stream pretty much every day and I do tune in from time to time.
>>
>>79699157
The funniest part is how Biboo and Kaela are slipping with their hours because they're forced to do idol stuff. It's literally undermining their personal images.
>>
>>79702030
The biggest casualty in Advent has been FWMC by far, they went from being incredibly consistent to needing forced breaks because their bodies won't physically let them stream while doing everything else.
>>
>>79702190
I hate that this is just accepted now.
Like how can I get attached to Justice when I know there's 8 months maximum before they get broken down by corpo work and stream significantly less?
>>
>>79698947
On that list?
Marine, Mori, Suisei, Watame, Kiara
>>
>>79691011
I mean, yeah… I’m with you
>>
>>79691011
Yes. I started watching Hololive because of the streams. Fes was always that special event where you could cheer for your oshi but its starting become too much with them having these smaller and EN dedicated ones. Frankly if they double down with selling them as IPs, I probably just leave from vtubers all together.
>>
Just to be clear:
The girls stay in Hololive because they want to do idol/3D content and that's hard to achieve on their own, after all, not everyone can build a motion tracking studio in their garage. Let's say that Cover says "we're shutting down the studio, go and stream to your heart's content". About third of the talents would graduate on the spot, with the rest of them following in the upcoming year. Why would any of them stay if they could just go indie and have all their fans follow them there? Why let Cover take a share on the income they generate?
Face it: most of the girls want the idol activities. Either they yearn for the stage from the beginning, or they think it's a fun challenge to take on, but either way idol activities rank higher on their Maslow pyramid than grinding out streaming hours for potentially a bit more money.
>>
>>79702384
It's also never gonna be taken seriously because "streaming is the easiest job ever!!" or something
You know, if you have energy. Which you won't from doing constant dance lessons and stuff.
>>
>>79691011
Fes is the yearly highlight of /vt/
>>
>>79702800
>Face it: most of the girls want the idol activities. Either they yearn for the stage from the beginning, or they think it's a fun challenge to take on, but either way idol activities rank higher on their Maslow pyramid than grinding out streaming hours for potentially a bit more money.
This is true and its why a bunch of holos are soft-graduated and only show up to concerts. Hope you didn't get attached since there's a charge to see them for 10 minutes at a time now
>>
>>79703652
It is. it's also the only concert worth doing
>>
>>79691096
FPBP
Fippy bippy

>>79691113
Spbp

>>79691568
>>79692279
>>79692831
>>79693561
>>79694084
>>79694286
>>79694824
>>79697094
>>79697463
>>79698516
Look sisters.
Yagoo EXPLICITLY stated that he made Hololice to be like AKB48
https://youtu.be/F5FMO3QkiSQ?si=dDg7C0ksz2NBJ6ve

Sure, there is the meme of Hololive being comedians and failing, but thats exactly what Hololive was suppoaed to be. AKB48 but with anime girls. Its the focus some rival small corpos like Idol corp and v4mirai also have. ITS THEIR THING.
If it bothers yoy so much, go watch something else. Even Gura has branded herself as a "shark idol" now.
>>
This thread reads like an NDF attempt to sway cover into anycolor's business model of just selling shit merch.
If you're a fan that only watches streams, then whatever, more power to you. But don't judge a concert before you've attended one, or at least watched through.
Concerts are amazing events that give a lot of energy to the viewer and honestly there's no alternative of that experience for me.
So I don't agree with you. Girls that stream and train to dance and sing are way more endearing, than just streamers. They're hard workers behind the scenes. (Inbefore they don't stream, they're lazy. You're the type of person who can be a pure streamer.)
Just streamers are probably overweight slobs with no self control and shitty people.
>>
>>79698947
Has your girl performed in a concert? Then she's an idol. Pretty much every Holo gen other than Advent and Justice are idols

>t-t-they're streamers first

Okay you pedantic retard. Then lets see who has a BACKGROUND of being an idol?

>Kiara
>Fuwamoco

And who advertises herself as an idol?

>Gawr Gura

So there. They're idols. If Gura is not streaming she's doing idol reps.
>>
>>79704539
>https://youtu.be/F5FMO3QkiSQ?si=dDg7C0ksz2NBJ6ve
This video is 4 years old and is a joke about the talents not being idols
Hololive hasn't called themselves an idol company in years, it's a vestigial part of their branding. They hire people to make character designs and slap them on merchandise now, that's what they mean when they say they're an IP company
>>
>>79705192
That does not make them a stresmer company either. Its now a franchise with marketable characters. If it means more stuff like animes, games, exhibitions and, yes, concerts, I would take that over "just streaming".
The Gura I am in love with is the person, her character, not just her streams.
>>
File: usada.jpg (86 KB, 850x699)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I don't get this thread. My bunny oshi always streams. She streams right before and right after a concert. What does anons mean by lack of streams?
>>
>>79705519
>Its now a franchise with marketable characters.
This is the problem, it's a Micky Mouse-ifcation of their brand. They'll be a point where "Gura" the character operated and marketed by hololive becomes entirely divorced from Gura the person who used to live stream, and at that point who do you love?
>>
>>79705874
You don't know Mickey Mouse. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>79705857
>pekora JP talent
>rest of thread reeks strawhat arguments
NDF thread
>>
>>79691096
The only reason they're marketed as idols is because money. Yagoo wants so badly to make sure that image never shatters lmao since they're all just variety streamers or gamers at best who they trained to sing well enough to not sound awful and they're all most likely in relationships etc
>>
>>79706621
I believe in Yagoo's dream
>>
>>79691011
Concerts are fun tho
>>
>>79691767
Taking in consideration that the one who moves the most merch (and is not even a close race with second place) is Suisei ... I think yeah, music helps...
>>
I much prefer a stream a week. I'm an working adult, I did't have time to really watch full streams since the pandemic... I still have 2 Reddit Memes reviews from Coco to catch up on.
>>
File: fwx735e0t6b61.png (294 KB, 4797x3898)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>79705874
>stay a streamer
>be the current thing now
>become irrelevant as people eventually stop watching streams and chuubas
>eventually be forgotten

>be Mickey Mouse
>become an icon
>your first appearance, seemingly forgotten, enters the public domain
>become History
>live Forever

Sounds awesome to me.
>>
I’d take two concerts a year if hololive stopped streaming as a sacrifice.
>>
>>79694340
Stars bleeding less than I thought. Also, +200% is crazy.
>>
penis
>>
a lot of people enjoy concerts, a lot of people enjoy girls playing video games. so no, you cant sacrifice either. this is the culture we have cultivated and now we are here

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.