[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: holoearth.png (2.42 MB, 1170x1690)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB PNG
Why is Yagoo wasting a fortune on this crap instead of a money printer gacha game?
>>
>>81437825
It did work tho, people spending money on emotes and clothing in HoloEarth.
>>
>>81437825
Because he wants it to become a 3D live platform in case Brave tries something funny now that they bought SPWN.
But don't worry, it absolutely will become a money printer eventually.
>>
>>81437825
Imagine thinking you know how to make more money than Yagoo.
>>
>>81437825
So he can host concerts on it and dodge Youtube's 30% cut.
>>
Hololive didn't start out super successful.
Just trust the process.
>>
i dont want to download or play any more gachashit, ive had my fix for a while now.
>>
>>81437825
because yagoo isn't a soulless chinese hack
>>
>>81437825
imagine having all the revenue of a 3d concert or Karaoke. No Youtube Cut or Streaming Site Cut.
>>
Business growth anon, it doesn't take a genius.

Stuff like merch, concerts, sponsors, making shorts, having their own studio, their own social app... All it's about growing the business, now the real question is why keep bothering with the homos when they are confirmed failures at this point, for both EN and JP. This is not to say that they should disband them all and kill the brand, they are already in the company and doing something like that would hurt Cover's image, they should stop recruiting homos and letting the ones around suffer a natural career death, no more debuts and such.
>>
Because the money printer gacha game comes after they get their own platform up retardchaama.
>>
>>81442059
I choose not to trust tech developed by cover just going by their rigging
>>
>>81437825
looked like gridman which made me think of Rikka's fat thighs on my face.
>>
>>81437825
Forget gacha. Why isn't he buying yachts?
>>
>>81445695
>Good Rigging = Success in Vtubing
Anon....
>>
>>81446259
if their game developers improve at the same speed as their riggers I don't see holoearth ever succeeding
>>
>>81446715
>I don't see
That's your problem.
You simply incapable to see why hololive became this successful.
>>
>>81437825
Yagoo came all this way with his heart, anon. Not his brain.
>>
>>81437825
Because they are actually autistic and lucked into success. You’d think the Azur Lane boom alone would make them realise a gacha game is the way to go. Just make a knock off iM@S/Love Live and they’d be cruising.
>>
can someone that has tracked holoearth progress actually tell me what will it be eventually used for?
>>
>>81449185
When it’s stable it’ll be to milk money out of whales for shitty cosmetics and likely to host the online versions of lives.
>>
>>81449246
so he is making a pc program(?) that is specifically used to watch live concerts?
what is the point of that unless hololive plans to do live concerts every month?
>>
>>81449344
?
???
They already do more shows than weeks in a year
Holoearth is going to be so fucking awesome
Streaming bitrate is aids
>>
>>81449344
Oh, I also forgot there’s a really shit survival slop game in there. The whole point I’d assume is to not have to cut other platforms in when hosting proper lives. They already tried to jump from SPWN which resulted in the cluster fuck of crashing Zaiko’s servers for an entire night.
>>
>>81449447
Oh it also has a tad more interactivity since you can actually be in a virtual crowd, I’m not sure if it’s able to be used in VR but that could be cool too if it’s already a thing or potential for later.
>>
File: 1000002925.jpg (130 KB, 906x800)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>81437825
if he puts their Vtuber models in the game and let's people buy outfits like some skimpy bikinis, etc. He would be swimming in cash just from this game alone.
>>
>>81449344
Not concerts. Lives.
Birthday Lives, Anniversary Lives, Album/EP release Lives, you might not have noticed, but there's been at least one Live that has happened every month since February. Or at least it feels like to me, and my wallet.
That's SC,Ad Space and sponsorship money they could've had to themselves right there. Now imagine also having the ability to make themed emotes, colors, models, stickers based on the Live of choice. And don't think no one will pay, they already proven they have some that will. And FOMO is a hell of a drug.
>>
We might finally get them as official giantesses for concerts so its worth it in my book.
>>
>>81449710
They’ve been loading up the talents with in game currency to show off the shitty cosmetics just to hook in the whales already. Gotta have the same shitty shirt my oshi has!
>>
>>81449710
> Birthday Lives, Anniversary Lives, Album/EP release Lives, you might not have noticed, but there's been at least one Live that has happened every month since February.
Can idols not from Holo do that?
>>
>>81449710
Assuming that you're right and there's at least a 3D live event of any kind every month, now my question would be, what am I going to do for the rest of the 29 days that there isn't a live?
Playing the survival game and getting bombarded by ads?
>>
>>81449818
They haven't gotten the program off the ground, so I don't even know if they can handle their own talents doing lives without crashing the server.
I mean there's been two lives they tried to host there, but it's been limited to the thousands they have and not the foreseeable tens of thousands to at minimum 1-2 hundred thousand their lives usually attract.
>>
>>81449945
Yep. Or just skip the grind and pay the battlepass. A Battlepass filled with useless materials, except for every 10/25/50th level where they give exclusive monthly character costume, penlights, dance emote, chat sticker, and whatever else it is a Battlepass has.
Cha. Ching.
>>
>>81449999
I think Cover are so autistic they still don’t quite comprehend just how popular Hololive is, and that’s after it cost them god knows how much in refunds for the first night of the summer live that tanked Zaiko’s servers.
>>
>>81450084
So at this point, holoearth is just a holosurvival gacha game with occasional live events every once or twice a month?
>>
>>81450084
but if you don't play/enjoy survival games this is basically meaningless
>>
>>81450236
As long as they know how to recover from a big fumble like that,(and the whole merch situation at the dodgers event is an example of them getting away with it) they'll mostly get off scot free.
I'll give them this: they make a bunch dumbfuck ideas(what even is Holizontal?), but no one hangs it over their heads for long cuz their PR is just that good. And money's not an object to them(yet). Reminder that HoloEarth is already 2Billion in the red, they'll never get their money back on it, but if they can just get the premise work(exclusive place to have 3d concerts that they control)they can blow it up and spin it up to a new project that works.
>>
>>81450298
>>81450345
The game doesn't matter, a die hard fan will play a cookie clicker if it means they get a Korone shaped sticker they can use during lives. You underestimate the fanbase's ability to stomach low effort games for Holo stuff
>>
>>81437825
because it will start of kino then the troons on xwitter will ruin it by crying for homos to be added like the chink slops.
>>
>>81450374
Didn’t pay attention to the Dodgers shit but I assume they just short stocked merch like retards.
>>
>>81450428
well if that's the case, cover must have information that majority of holofans must be survival games enjoyers so that it can grow it's base of hardcore fans.
>>
>>81450961
Nta, but they only had one tent selling merch, so the line was over 1 mile long, and some wait times exceeded 5hrs. They also allowed people to buy 10 items per person, so the scalpers had a field day. And someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but i think the Dodgers decide those things.
>>
>>81451568
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a case of the Dodgers not realising just how popular anime girls are then.
>>
>>81451795
it was both of them. the burger baseball team has an excuse but cover keeps acting like it's not one of the most well known v-tuber companies in the world
>>
>>81446715
Thats why you are poor and have to work for a living.
>>
>>81451338
The game is copying Minecraft and Ark specifically, so yeah. I assume that covers a lot of fans.
>>
>>81447427
Hololive's success has absolutely nothing to do with them being competent as a tech company. It's completely carried on the back of a few very good hiring decisions in 2019.
>>
>>81437825
kinda rude to refer to sora this way dont you think?
>>
>>81452768
I wouldn’t even go as far as that, Azur Lane and the YouTube algorithm working it’s magic for early viral shit to take off put in the leg work. Cover themselves have shown time and time again they are still autistic when left to their own devices. The Regloss is a seperate branch is the latest in that.
>>
File: 1721905371355.jpg (209 KB, 1124x619)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>81437825
He started Cover as a VR startup and he's gonna have his fucking VR MMO whenever you like it or not
>>
>>81453409
is there a vr element to holoearth? everything I've seen has been basic third person survival crafting
>>
>>81454138
It would be cool if the online tickets for shit like HoloFes had a VR option.
>>
>>81449344
We're already getting multiple 3D lives every month
t. subbed to every hologirl
>>
>>81437825
i unironically think it has the potential to be really cool if they start doing in-game concerts and stuff at some point. kind of wish they'd stop it with the minecraft part of the "game" though and kept it as a social app
>>
>>81450635
Can't wait for the clip of a Holofan punching his monitor after getting an Oga skin with his last pull
>>
File: 1721911278701.png (443 KB, 726x718)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>81454701
I'd go around and harass all the players with female avatars and block access to bodies of water.
>>
>>81448989
Even more recently they basically resurrected Valkyrie Connect with a Holo Collab.
>>
>>81441255
>So he can host concerts on it and dodge Youtube's 30% cut.
That's not too bad of an idea really since they could put exclusive streams onto HoloEarth. It worked for Floatplane for some tech Youtubers and Curiosity for the educational Youtubers. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they're developing a subscription streaming service for Hololive streams that are "too hot" for Youtube or really exclusive streams
>>
>>81456291
That, the Suisei collab in iM@S basically smashed their expectations too.
>>
>>81437825
>>
File: cvqppenc232a1.png (83 KB, 248x331)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>81437825
Because gacha games don't lead to ruling the world.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.